UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #401
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Yeah, about 10 minutes after I said it I realized it was a dick move. Sorry.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #402
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

No worries Loki. :P Everyone forgets at least once that the GTS isn't all that great of an idea.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:56 AM   #403
Arnold
Just call me sir

I've got a shit load of Drifloons if you need one..think I've got one with every nature (give or take a couple) mass breeding ftw
Old 05-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #404
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrusti
No worries Loki. :P Everyone forgets at least once that the GTS isn't all that great of an idea.
Tell me that after you get three legendaries from it.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #405
Loki

Anyone know a good Spiritomb moveset? I was thinking Ominous Wind, Dark Pulse, Calm Mind, and something else. Not sure though. Nor on the EV spread. I wish it had Night Shade >>
Old 05-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #406
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
It's a great idea, as long as you're looking for rare or legendary pokes, as opposed to common ones. Great deals can be had, but only for a limited time. Act now!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #407
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The first person here who gets a Level 100 Abra wins a shiny Palkia holding the Lustrous Orb. I'm not even kidding, the greedy jackass who keeps cloning his Palkia doesn't know when to quit. Or maybe at this point he's actually doing it intentionally out of charity since he already has so many cloned shiny Palkias w/ Lustrous Orbs.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #408
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
I've got a shit load of Drifloons if you need one..think I've got one with every nature (give or take a couple) mass breeding ftw
o:

Arn, if you have a Modest Drifloon, I'd love you. I actually want to train one up to use semi-competatively (read: Vs. random people from UPN who care as much about ev training and the like as I do), and I guess Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk) is the best nature for it.

So yeah, if you have a Modest one, or even a Rash one, let me know what you want for it. I got the national dex last night and transported over my Espeon, Ditto, Blastoise, Charmeleon, Linoone (For Covety goodness), and Ivysaur for breeding purposes and whatnot, so I can make yah some babehs if you need 'em.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #409
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

What is a good Zapdos moveset? I want to use one in the Battle Tower. Mine is Hasty (yay) and I was thinking like..

T-bolt
Ancient Power
Drill Peck
Roost/T-Wave?

I basically want a sweeper to just wreck everything. I was thinking of maxing SPD with maybe 150 in Sp.A and the rest in Atk but I'm not sure.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #410
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Loki crushed my Zapdos ambitions the other day by saying that Zapdos is a shitty example of an uber.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #411

Zapdos isn't an uber. It is OU and it will always be. 580 Base stats, iirc, will never make it to uber. Except Wobbuffet.

Zapdos shouldn't go mixed, but it can. Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Grass/Ice, Drill Peck, Roost. Ancient Power sucks. All of those type of moves suck. 5 bp for 60 power move with only a 10% chance? Only use it with a guy who has Technician. Even then, they will have better options.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #412
Lady Kuno

Hidden power isn't an option because this isnt magical fantasy land where I can breed a million Zapdoses. <.< If it's not mixed then should it just go Spd/Sp.A? I'm not looking for competative play I'm looking for something to rape Battle Tower.

I need an Azelf to finish my trio but I don't think anyone will trade for that. Mine has the worst possible personality/IVs (Adamant and every thing is like 1-3). -_-

Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #413

Battle Tower would be easier with just a bunch of physical sweepers. >>;;

Meh, Zapdos has crappy movepool. Just go mixed, with Thunderbolt, Drill Peck, Roost/Twave/Reflect, Roost/Twave/Reflect

Thunderbolt and Drill Peck give ok coverage, but Steel types and Rock/Ground Types will shit on you. Evs would be just SpAtk and Speed, leftovers go into HP or Atk.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:35 PM   #414
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor
I need an Azelf to finish my trio but I don't think anyone will trade for that. Mine has the worst possible personality/IVs (Adamant and every thing is like 1-3). -_-
You rang? If you're voicing that sort of desire with a fair, honest intent, then let's play fair. I want an effort-free Deoxys, Lugia, Ho-oh, Mew, Celebi, or Mewtwo in exchange for it. I forget what personality my spare has, but I know it's not Adamant or Jolly. Pretty sure it was something that boosted Speed at the expense of something else ... though I'll have to check later. And won't bother checking if you don't agree to meet the above reserve.

Don't ask for an Azelf if you're not serious about being willing to trade fairly for it, though.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #415
Lady Kuno

So who do you recommend as a physical sweeper then? I'm using my Staraptor and he's doing a great job cleaning up so far but I need a backup for when he's KOed. I'm not too willing to part with my TMs so that takes out like Salamance and alot of the other popular ones. Also I'm lazy and don't want to breed for a million years then level guys to 50 etc etc etc.

And as for Talons post, I meant trading my Azelf with someone who didn't mind getting one with shitty personality/IVs. ^^;

Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #416
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I understand that. And I don't see how you could fail to see that with my first post, あほ. So I'll say it again: I'll give you my good Azelf (if I have one; I can check back by tomorrow), and I'm willing to get a shitty IV Pokemon in return. But not "a good Azelf for a shitty Azelf." It has to be "a good Azelf for a shitty legendary I don't yet have." To ask for my good Azelf in exchange for a friggin' Magikarp, that's not fair at all, and you know it. You're as bad as the GTS children if you expect anybody to take such a deal seriously. Or to not lose an ounce of respect for you. So like I said at the end of the last post, I'll say one more time ...

Don't even bother to tantalize us with a trade offer if you have no intention of being fair. What's the point? You lose face and gain scorn. Not much a victory. Especially without that nice-IVed Azelf.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of place and sounding bossy, but it really pisses me off to see anybody behave as badly as some of these GTS dorks do ("Want to sell, Level 1 Slowpoke. Want to buy, Level 100 Dialga"). You're not being quite that bad, but still ... asking somebody to hand you a great Azelf in exchange for a crappy one is the same thing as saying, "Take a bullet for me, pal? " Without any serious incentive ... without any real sacrifice on your part ... that's just poor manners.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #417

Tyranitar comes to mind. With it learning its key moves, Stone Edge, Earthquake, and Crunch, it can easily sweep. It would be much more useful with a Dragon Dance under its belt though.

Infernape is also a killer sweeper. It can make both a deadly Mix Sweeper or go either way. I personally enjoy @Life Orb, Flare Drive/Swords Dance/Close Combat/Filler.

Lastly, Medicham can get all the Elemental Punches through the Move relearner, so that might be useful. It also has one of the highest attacks because of Pure Power.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #418
Lady Kuno

Ttar is so slooooow to level and breeding for DD would make me crazy (since I already have a box of Larvitars anyway).

Medicham sounds good since you can find it pretty high in the wild and I forgot about pure power. I'm also thinking about using a Latios/Latias. I went to check the latios I had from my ruby and.... every single IV it had was 0-1 except for hp, which was 12. What the fuck nintendo. -___________- I have a latias also, but shes slightly weaker with a useless personality but I guess soul dew can make up for any sp.a loss.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 PM   #419

You could always level it up while farming for money.

BTW, Soul Dew now only ups SpAtk of Latios and SpDef of Latias. Not both for both. :/
Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #420
Lady Kuno

[Insert a large amount of profanities here]

Old 05-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #421
Loki

How lucky am I?

Today I caught a Pikachu for the first time. Guess what it was holding? A Light Ball!

And then I caught two Chanseys. What was won holding? A Lucky Egg! ^_^;

And thanks to that egg, Graveler gained 5 levels in 10 battles.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #422
Arnold
Just call me sir

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
o:

Arn, if you have a Modest Drifloon, I'd love you. I actually want to train one up to use semi-competatively (read: Vs. random people from UPN who care as much about ev training and the like as I do), and I guess Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk) is the best nature for it.

So yeah, if you have a Modest one, or even a Rash one, let me know what you want for it. I got the national dex last night and transported over my Espeon, Ditto, Blastoise, Charmeleon, Linoone (For Covety goodness), and Ivysaur for breeding purposes and whatnot, so I can make yah some babehs if you need 'em.
I've got a Rash Drifloon in my PC, I'm not bothered what you give me I've got all of those on my game anyways ^^;

Speaking of Drifloon well blim, think I screwed mine up ;-;
Lv 66 Timid nature (+speed - attack)
HP - 288
attack - 113
defense - 71
Spattack - 166
Spdef - 76
Speed -187

I'm giving him Calm mind but his spec defense is still pretty shitty in my eyes =/
Old 05-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #423
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yeah, he sort of resembles a weak special sweeper. O_o Amazing that his attack is that high without you pouring any effort into it *and* with him having the automatic -10% for his Timid personality. Hmm. Effort training is an imperfect science, imo. I'm not too happy with my Mismagius, either. The only thing I really feel I can trust are walls and sweepers, because there you know ...
1 - the sweeper's defense can be 30 for all you care (quote unquote), so long as his attack and speed are godly nigh-on 400 or something

2 - and the wall's attacks, similarly, can be awful if you know that his objective in life is to switch in to receive hits, heal using Recover / Roost / Pain Split / Softboiled / Rest, and possibly to pHaze, lay down spikes, or any other number of things a wall might want to do.

That's sort of why I like the thought of having a Steelix who knows Roar and a Staraptor who makes proud use of Close Combat even if, after three uses, his defense is down to like 30.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #424
Loki

Drifblim has really poor defensive stats but absurdly high HP. It's like the opposite of Shuckles.

Anyway, Substitute makes for a really nice idea, especially when you send it out against another non-[p]Hazing wall. i.e. Forretress or Blissey. I think people use it for Baton Pass, but I'm not 100% sure. It does learn Calm Mind, which is a decent pass for certain Pokemon like Starmie or Jolteon. Ominous Wind being pass though is pretty cool. Especially if you get it twice. At which case, whoever you pass to will likely sweep up your opponent.

Also, the stats do look a bit low. If you split the EVs evenly between the two defenses, it should probably be like 5-20 points higher.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #425
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Leafeon has all of his moves now (Leaf Blade/Swords Dance/Baton Pass) except for X-Scissor, and that's only because I'm reluctant to use my TM as much as I know I could just get another one from the Battle Tower after a lot of runthroughs (a LOT), though I'd rather spend BP on the EV-boosting items (Power Lens, etc). >_> I'll level up Absol for his sexy slash attacks next then start EV training and levelling my Ralts. I'm still not quite sure what my final team will be like (I'm entertaining the idea of Tentacruel and Cradily- some sort of wall) but I'll probably end up raising a lot of Pokemon anyways since EV training is really fast nowadays so I'll eventually have a selection to choose from and make a team out of 'em.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON