UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #651

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

with 50 base attack, imsorry, extremespeed wont hurt a fly.

its great trade fodder, plus a great surprise move. with twave support, togekiss can cripple many things.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:49 PM   #652
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichimaru
with 50 base attack, imsorry, extremespeed wont hurt a fly.
I'm simply saying that the extent to which it will hurt a fly is worth more than playing through Colosseum 2. I'm sorry if you wasted your money on that shite game, but most people did not and therefore have to rely on other options. Also, because of the STAB, you really should be looking at Togekiss's base attack as "75 unstabbed", not as "50 unstabbed." 75 unstabbed going into an 80 power move isn't too bad (it's not beautiful, but it'll take off something), and it'll matter where it counts -- killing an opponent who is in the red sliver of life and just got a bonus from his trait (e.g. Blaze) or his berry (e.g. Liechi).

I agree that if you do already have the Togepi, there is every reason to use it. All I was saying is, "I don't think TriAttack is a make-or-break move for Togekiss. If you were planning on training a Togekiss and don't own XD yet, don't bother, it's not worth it." This is a far cry from Surfing Pikachu -- that's all I was trying to point out.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #653
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar

XD's thing isn't Tri-Attack Togepi, it's Psycho Boost Lugia.

And I have two. =3

Edit: Woops, said Lugia's already signautre move instead of the new one. xd
Old 07-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #654
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Lugia? ¬¬

*one Nasty Plot and Dark Pulse later* j00 were saying?

Also, there is no such thing as "Aeroblast Lugia" ... or rather, every Lugia is "Aeroblast Lugia". Aeroblast is part of his moveset and is a move, ever since we first played GS in 2000, that people at UPN have been clamoring for as a move that normal Flying Pokemon might learn.

EDIT: I caught you before you edited, Joe. ¬¬
Old 07-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #655
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Yeah, but at least I didn't try to hide it and stated what I'd done. THAT's what matters. :P

*goes back to Candy-hunting* Fecking hell. xd
Old 07-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #656

stab only affects the base power of moves. not the stat. so it is actually 50 base stat using a 120 power stabbed move. which sucks.

lugia can take a huge beating. look at its stats. even with a dark pulse, an ohko is nigh impossible. well, on the special side.

CLONE CANDIES ON EMERALD>
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #657
Sylar
Cascade Badge

I really should get Emerald, it seems like it's got a lot that Sapphire doesn't. xd Meh, may as well just wait for DP and clone there. >>;

And I should've been keeping track of Aipom's stats and EVs, he's crown like 9 levels since I've been searching. Oo;
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #658
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Don't have emerald or I'd have a bunch of candys by now. :/

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #659
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

You also need XD for its MT. Thunderpunch on Metagross is almost a necessity, and in the Ru/Sa era an Atk Mewtwo with Selfdestruct as its wrap up is all kinds of nasty.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #660
Another Fan
Boulder Badge

Yeah, so for me I hated XD and Colo. The graphics were shite. Mainly because the models never moved practically and everything was just an air-brushed graphic representation of an attack. Compared to Stadium 2, that was horrible. Plus, the game sucked.

Anyway, PBR better be better than that.

And nothing will ever surpass the portable RPGs, so I don't want them to try 3D, cause that will be just vomit garbage that makes the whole series look bad.

Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #661

dp is partial 3d. xd
Old 07-21-2007, 06:08 AM   #662
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Actually, Colo and XD aren't as bad as you think they are AF. Oo; They strayed from the original storyline in the portables, which imo, makes them quite good. It's only after you finish the game that it gets crap. xd

Also what Ichi says.

And apparently, PBR sucks.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #663
Arnold
Just call me sir

Breeding sucks on D/P...cause i can't get this bloooody drifloooon, I am getting pissed off, really pissed off, can't believe how many bloody Eggs i've hatched and gotten no where, think the people on Smogen are sick of me psoting questiosn about which one to breed with which =p
Old 07-21-2007, 12:45 PM   #664

arnie, keep swapping parents. if a baby has better ivs than one of the parents, swap them out and keep doing this. as you put better ived pokemon with each other, the offspring will eventually get better.

on emerald, my magikarp parents started out with all stats below 20 except for attack and speed, then eventually, all the stats were 25+, so offsprings had like all 30 ivs.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #665
Arnold
Just call me sir

I do keep doing that i've got 7 on my file and in my PC to keep swapping around, I just keep getting crappy RNG's =/
Old 07-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #666

ew. that sucks then. just keep trying then. xd.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #667
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Won the local Gamestop tourney, and the adoration of the crowd when Calm Mindx4 Blissey performed Mass Execution on a 4-uber team in the first round. Full writeup coming shortly =D
Old 07-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #668
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hahahahahaha, wow, way to win at a tournament you were way overqualified for. How old was your nearest serious competition: 4? ;) :P ;)

Nah, I'm just giving you a hard time because I wish I had a team of six Level 100's ready to fight. I look forward to reading your warstories, including the fun, serious battles and the laughably weak battles, too.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #669
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Actually, the youngest there was, like, 15.

Why Blastoise is awesome or Beating Up Idiots Boosts Your Ego

4vs4 singles, level 50 all in Bakersfield. Originally two tournaments were scheduled in the same mall (yes, that's right, the dirtass podunk asshole of California that is Bakersfield got more tournaments in the same mall than some states got total), but the tournaments were merged into one due to numbers. I think I'm the only player there that didn't use a single uber, because I already had PBR and it would be a stylish way to win.

PRELUDE: 9 people register, two are DQed for sharking, one actually cries. Two guys wander off for some reason, meaning it's now a 5-man tournament.

ROUND 1: Good news, bad news time.
Good news: At 21, I'm not the oldest one in the tournament. The guy I play first round is.
Bad news: His team is 4 ubers (Dialga/Groudon/Rayquaza/Kyogre) plus a Ninjask and an Alakazam. I don't have an uber on my team, which means that, if he knows how to play and has EV trained his Pokes, I'm pretty much fucked.
Good news: He's using Roar of Time on Dialga, no Thunder on Kyogre, and Groudon has Earth Power over Earthquake. He doesn't!

Bronzong comes in on Kyogre, and I learn that a 'zong with no sdef EVs cannot in fact survive a Kyogre's Water Spout. Blissey comes in, Calm Minds four times inbetween Softboileds and soon piledrives his four ubers into the ground. By the time that he catches on and realizes that Blissey is untouchable from the special end, Rayquaza is his last Poke, Blissey survives the Outrage and sends Rayquaza packing with a coked out Ice Beam.

What was truly lulcow about this match is the reactions I got: the guy I was playing was dumbstruck that Blissey made his crappy, Roar-of-Time spamming Earth-Power-on-a-physical-ubers her bitches, enough so that he complained to the Gamestop employees that I had to be hacking. During the match one guy was frantically talking into his cell phone about how it was so amazing watching Blissey kick so much uber ass, and at the end of the match the rest of the kids in the tourney are looking at me with a mixture of awe and fear.

You can tell I fought some top-tier Pokemon players, can't you.

Round 2: Kid with Lucario/Empoleon/Dialga/Lugia. Bronzong and Dusknoir sweep his first three Pokemon, with Blissey making a surprise end appearance to wipe Lugia off the map. Roar of Time Dialga makes its proud return, and he spams Fly (lol) on Lugia. 4-0 me.

Round 3: I'm facing the same guy from round one, since the tournament has a loser's bracket. However, he doesn't need to beat me twice, this match is winner-take-all.

Yeah, apparently Gamestop employees need to be educated on what a "double elimination tournament" is.

I was actually slightly worried about this match: during his rant at the Gamestop employees (see Round 1 for reasons of /emo), I pointed out that:
1)Blissey is widely known in competitive Pokemon to be a premier special wall
2)I had Calm Minds up, which boosted my ridiculous sp. def even higher
3)he used mostly special attacks on Blissey
4)You're using Earth Power on Groudon, what the fuck is wrong with you

Okay, so I didn't say number 4 to him. But I was worried, since he'd figured out near the end of our first battle that he had to switch to physical attacks and, on top of that, I had flat out told him that special attacking Blissey is epic fail, and this tournament allows us to swap Pokes between battles. So, does he build in a physical attacker or two for our rematch to stop Blissey from 4-0ing his team?

For the rematch, he chooses Kyogre/Dialga/Rayquaza again, and replaces Groudon with...Celebi. Which is carrying Giga Drain/Recover/Perish Song/Heal Bell. His grand battle strategy against Blissey is to use Perish Song while she's buffing up with Calm Minds, and hoping I'm stupid enough to like my Calm Minds so much that I won't switch out before the counter hits zero.

Yeah.

We start with the exact same Pokemon as before, except this time I swap to Vaporeon to absorb Water Spout. Vappy Toxics his Rayquaza on the switch, survives the Outrage, and sends Rayquaza to the great sky in the...uh...sky with Ice Beam and Toxic damage on its turn.

The rest of the battle quickly dissolves into a game of cat and mouse, with me switching in Bronzong to take Roars of Time and setup Trick Room, Dusknoir leeching off the HP pools of Celebi and Kyogre, and Blissey waiting in the wings for her time to shine. Bronzong takes out Dialga with an Earthquake crit, Blissey comes in, Calm Minds, hits Celebi a couple times before getting a freeze proc, Thunderbolts Kyogre on the switch in, kills it, and then laughs her fat pink ass off as Celebi comes in only to die to Stealth Rock.

4-0 victory for me.

I got the game, but no t-shirt =(. Oh well, free money ain't bad for an hour's work.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #670
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Amusing because you're our colleague, but a disappointing story if I didn't know you. Why? Well, before I list off, allow me to say that it has nothing to do with you.

1 - The first guy you fought was an emo moron. Amusing at first, but ...
2 - The first guy you fought turned out to be the last guy you fought. :x Fuckin' A. We don't need to read about you hosing the same loser twice. Stupid GameStop.
3 - You only had three battles. Meaning two of them were to Roar of Emo and the one in the middle was to "I like Steel :3" Kid. Wtf, three Steel Pokemon? My CB Staraptor would have had a field day with that kid.
4 - Most of your battles were against Legendaries. People who use all-legendary teams generally don't know how to properly use them. InstaLose.

Long story short ... your warstory is fun to read if we keep in mind (a) it's our friend doing the pwning and (b) these are lamo`s he's pwning. But seriously. Next time, I want to read your warstory against me, or Kuno, or Loki, or some shit. Which reminds me ...

Aren't we doing a UPN tourney? Maybe that was just something I discussed on AIM, fuck, sorry if I'm spoiling a surprise guys. >> But yeah. I need to get my team to Level 100 pretty soon (or at least get six guys I want to use all properly effort-trained). All I have ready to go are CB Staraptor and CSpecs Starmie. That's it. I need four more.

*signs off*
Old 07-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #671
Talon87
時の彼方へ

ichi, I want to apologize to you for the other day (about Togekiss). I just remembered, like a fool, that Togekiss has Serene Grace, making TriAttack all the more sexy for the reasons you were trying to explain. Given that fact, I have to admit that an XD Togepi would probably be worth it ... so long as it has a neutral or beneficial personality, anyway. And of course Serene Grace instead of Hustle.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #672
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Amusing because you're our colleague, but a disappointing story if I didn't know you. Why? Well, before I list off, allow me to say that it has nothing to do with you.

1 - The first guy you fought was an emo moron. Amusing at first, but ...
2 - The first guy you fought turned out to be the last guy you fought. :x Fuckin' A. We don't need to read about you hosing the same loser twice. Stupid GameStop.
3 - You only had three battles. Meaning two of them were to Roar of Emo and the one in the middle was to "I like Steel :3" Kid. Wtf, three Steel Pokemon? My CB Staraptor would have had a field day with that kid.
4 - Most of your battles were against Legendaries. People who use all-legendary teams generally don't know how to properly use them. InstaLose.
Well, you see, it was supposed to be funny because the competition wasn't that good. Please retune your Lolometer and, if applicable, remove the large stick from your heiney.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #673
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Roger.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:57 AM   #674
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Nice story Blast. WHY ARN'T SPECIAL ATTACKS WORKING ON BLISSEY?

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:14 AM   #675
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Wow, that guy was fucking stupid. Oo; "He iz hackzorz!" xd And one guy cried for getting DQed? That. Is. Awesome.

I might end up actually trying to get a good team of Lv. 100s in Diamond, since in most gens so far, I've just had weird Lv. 100s that I thought were cool, like Kingdra(Silver), Beedril(Red), and Ninetales(Sapphire). I'll probably end up getting really addicted to IVs and EVs this gen.

And that sucks. xd

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON