Old 02-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #53
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Big smack go now! Power Whip 120BP!

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #54
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Gah," grunted Jack as he watched the attacks, one by one, little by little, chip away at the Lapras's shield. "Hate that they do that," he remarked. "I dunno... Power-Up Punch?" he muttered.

"Eh, maybe not worth it," Keith remarked. "Way I see it, Bart's one of the harder hitters in this bunch. I'm thinking wait for them to go down, and then let that Lapras have it."

"Heh, yeah," grinned Jack. "But not right away," he added, with a wary glance back up at the Gigantamax Lapras. "I think you and I are both thinking the same move here, and if we are indeed, then it's in our best interests to not go for it right away. That Lapras knows Protect and ain't shy about usin' it."

Keith's eyes widened slightly. "That'd do it," he agreed. "Lots of damage being taken this time around- I think we could really do without Bart keeping going and crashing."

Back on the Banette's Revenge, Gavin chuckled as he watched Keith and his doppelganger talk strategy. "Don't matter how many times I see it, it's still surreal to see Jack turned into Keith and the two of 'em talking like this," he stated.

"It was fairly common during the ten years in the alternate timeline," Willa stated. "Jack and the others had been very helpful when Keith and I basically put our Pokémon training on the back burner to raise our daughter."

"I could see that," Terri smiled. "Lots of your Pokémon are so nice and caring."

"I still have memories of Nagini rocking me to sleep and hissing a lullaby," Maribel murmured with a smile. "Mom and Dad were always there, but whenever they couldn't be for whatever reason, their Pokémon were there. Sometimes Meowth would babysit me when they were going on dates, and I always had to tell him to not throw a wild party," she giggled.

"Indeed," Willa nodded. "Without inviting your father and I, anyway," she added with the merest of smiles.

Keith and Jack, meanwhile, were watching and waiting. And not only for the shield to go down, but also for the Ferrothorn to attack. If the Lapras elected to Protect itself, then it'd be from the Ferrothorn's move, leaving Bart free and clear. "Scraaaafty..." Bart murmured, waiting anxiously.

"Wait for it, man," Jack murmured back. "Wait for it..." And then the Ferrothorn did its thing. "All right!" he declared. "Use the High Jump Kick, now, Bart!" he ordered.

OOC: Bart used High Jump Kick (130 BP).
Old 02-19-2021, 02:53 AM   #55
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gigantamax Boss Lapras
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 34%
Shields Up: 0
Status: [Def +2, Leech Seed, Psychic Terrain (3 Turns Left), Rain (2 Turns Left), Aurora Veil (4 Turns Left)]
Trainer Status: [N/A]
KO Count: 6

Trainer Recovery Summary:
Raves, Swampert: Cheer
lilblue, Mareep: 313 HP
Raid Boss Attack Summary:
Attack 1: Skull Bash (130 BP)
Slash, Watchog: 270 HP
Attack 2: Sparkling Aria (90 BP)
lilblue, Mareep: 137 HP
Sniz, Dusknoir: 157 HP
MM, Scrafty: 48 HP
Connor, Pangoro: 224 HP
Attack 3: G-Max Resonance (140 BP)
lilblue, Mareep: 0 HP
Raid Challengers:
  • Connor (Pangoro): 224 HP
  • Emp (Cloyster): 500 HP [Fully Recovered]
  • lilboocorsola (Mareep): 0 HP [Must sit out 1 round before recovering]
  • Missingno. Master (Scrafty): 48 HP
  • Raves (Swampert): 400 HP [Fully Recovered]
  • Slash (Watchog): 270 HP
  • Sneaze (Dusknoir): 182 HP [Aqua Ring]
  • TheKnightsFury (Ferrothorn): 499 HP

The raiders finished off the last of Lapras’ shields, stripping away much of the barrier it had protected itself with, but Lapras was not ready to give in. It sung another melodic aria that washed over the Pokemon, intensified by the rain. Its crescendo peaked into a powerful resonance that was too much for Mareep to withstand. Watchog concluded the round by enacting its revenge, but the impact was mitigated by the Lapras’ powerful defenses which had risen once more.

Dynamax Initiative: Sniz, Dusknoir
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Sunday, February 21st to place your order.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:39 AM   #56
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
okay taking into account the rain, I'm gonna go ahead and Hail (0 BP) it away to prepare us for the impending tide.

Unruly Premonition.

Last edited by Raves; 02-19-2021 at 06:49 AM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:19 AM   #57
Emp
Volcano Badge

Aurora Veil (0 BP)

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #58
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Sorry, Sleeping Beauty needs to take a nap now.

Cheering to heal Connor's Pangoro.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:10 PM   #59
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Acid spray 40BP

Old 02-19-2021, 02:19 PM   #60
Connor
Flashbacker

Focus Blast (120 BP)
Old 02-20-2021, 02:17 AM   #61
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Hyper Fang (80 BP)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 03:34 AM   #62
Sneaze
Mrow?

Giga Drain (75 BP)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:50 AM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Oh, geez!" Gavin winced as everyone witnessed Bart and some of the others take the Sparkling Aria. "Bart ain't looking too hot right about now, is he?"

"This could pose a problem," Willa frowned. "Bart cares too much about his cool image to so readily allow himself to be healed up mid-battle. And yet, that might just prove necessary here."

"...Dad will find a way," Maribel stated. "He knows his Pokémon better than anyone."

"...very true, sweetie," Willa conceded with a small smile.

"Thing with that, though," frowned Gavin, "is that it's Bart behind the wheel with this one. Keith might be right there with them, but would Bart know how to handle this?"

Either way, they should act fast," Eddie stated, looking around, adjusting his glasses nervously. "The storm intensifies with every knockout the enemy achieves, and judging by the current intensity, they surely can't afford too many more..."

~~~~~

"Gah... The hell do I do here?" murmured Jack. "Maybe Drain Punch would help recov-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, man," Keith interrupted. "In my experience, the Pokémon's this low on health, a draining move isn't gonna cut it. Especially with that Lapras's boosted Defense," he added. "It's been using Skull Bash a few times, right?"

"True, yeah," conceded Jack. "So what now?"

Keith reached into his backpack by way of an answer, and pulled from within a spray bottle of some sort. "We gotta heal Bart completely," he said.

"Alright, I gotcha," nodded Jack. "Hey, Bart, come over here!" he called to the Scrafty. "We got a Max Potion over here for ya!"

"Scraft... Scrafty!" Bart retorted shortly, keeping his back turned and his arms folded.

"Whaddaya mean, not cool?" Jack exclaimed. "How do you expect to look all cool when a light breeze could blow you over at this point? You have fewer hit points than teammates at this point!"

"Scraaaafty," Bart responded obstinately, remaining where he stood.

"Jack, Jack, leave it," Keith said. A confused look from the Ditto was met with a sly, knowing grin from the man said Ditto was impersonating. "If Bart's too much of a wimp to handle a Max Potion, that's his call to make."

That worked. Bart's head whipped around so fast he may as well have been part Rowlet. "Scraft?!" he demanded.

"Well, yeah," shrugged Keith. "It's common knowledge that these kinds of spray medicines sting a little, and clearly you're afraid of looking like a weenie by not being able to handle it."

"Scraft Scrafty scraft?!" Bart demanded. Hitching up his baggy "pants" in an indignant huff, he marched over. "SCRAFTY scraft!" he declared, swiping the Max Potion from Keith's hand. Turning to make sure his allies could see him, Bart somewhat awkwardly sprayed the maximum-strength medicine all over himself like it was one of those spray deodorants that linger obnoxiously all over high school locker rooms long after it's been sprayed, making sure to not wince even once. Once this was done, he casually tossed the empty Max Potion bottle over his shoulder, allowing Keith to catch it. "Scrafty!" he declared.

"Yeah, what was I thinking?" Keith grinned. "You the man, Bart."

"Scrafty," Bart grinned back, and the two exchanged a fistbump before the Scrafty swaggered back out towards the Lapras.

Jack smiled as he looked at Keith. "...Dude," he grinned. "That was just awesome."

Keith shrugged modestly. "I know that Scrafty of mine," he said simply.

"Clearly, yeah," nodded the Ditto. "You're awesome. Y'know that, right?" Keith chuckled appreciatively, but said nothing as he continued to watch things unfold.

OOC: Using Max Potion #2 of 3 on Bart.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-22-2021 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:03 AM   #64
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gigantamax Boss Lapras
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 24%
Status: [Def +2, Sp.Def -2, Leech Seed, Psychic Terrain (2 Turns Left), Hail (4 Turns Left), Aurora Veil (3 Turns Left)]
Trainer Status: [Aurora Veil (4 Turns Left)]
KO Count: 6

Trainer Recovery Summary:
lilblue, Mareep: Cheer
Connor, Pangoro: 400 HP
MM, Scrafty: Max Potion
MM, Scrafty: 400 HP
Sniz, Dusknoir: Giga Drain
Sniz, Dusknoir: 244 HP
Raid Boss Attack Summary:
Attack 1: Max Flutterby (140 BP)
MM, Scrafty: 274 HP
Attack 2: Body Press (80 BP)
Emp, Cloyster: 368 HP
Attack 3: Blizzard (110 BP)
MM, Scrafty: 125 HP
TKF, Ferrothorn: 350 HP
Slash, Watchog: 121 HP
Raves, Swampert: 251 HP
Raid Challengers:
  • Connor (Pangoro): 375 HP
  • Emp (Cloyster): 400 HP [Sp.Atk -1]
  • lilboocorsola (Mareep): 400 HP [Fully Recovered]
  • Missingno. Master (Scrafty): 100 HP [Sp.Atk -1]
  • Raves (Swampert): 226 HP
  • Slash (Watchog): 96 HP [Sp.Atk -1]
  • Sneaze (Dusknoir): 244 HP [Aqua Ring]
  • TheKnightsFury (Ferrothorn): 368 HP [Sp.Atk -1]

The raiders flipped Lapras’ strategy against it, summoning a hailstorm and a protective veil along with it. Annoyed, Lapras retaliated by crashing into Scrafty and Cloyster with powerful attacks before blowing a chilling Blizzard in the Pokemon’s direction. Lapras was beginning to show signs of fatigue, but so were the trainers as blocks of hail trickled down and dinged up the Pokemon.

Dynamax Initiative: Sniz, Dusknoir
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, February 23rd to place your order.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:36 AM   #65
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Acid Spray 40BP

Old 02-22-2021, 01:10 AM   #66
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Seed Flare (120 BP)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:15 AM   #67
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"...Did he just pull off some reverse psychology shi- er, stuff on Bart there?" Gavin demanded, hastily stopping himself from swearing, a fact Willa noticed and appreciated.

"It certainly appears so," Willa nodded. "Not only did he manage to get Bart healed up, he got Bart himself to actively use the Max Potion on himself. He never ceases to amaze me," she murmured, looking lovingly at her husband.

"I knew Dad would know what to do," Maribel smiled.

"It's always wonderful to see people so able to connect with their Pokémon even when they can't speak the language," Terri murmured, more to herself than to anyone else.

"We shouldn't celebrate too soon, though," Eddie observed, for Lapras was attacking once more, and Bart was on the business end of two of those moves. Thankfully not the one that was super effective, but the ones that had hit still hit hard. "It was absolutely for the best that they used a Max Potion," Eddie stated. "Elseways, Bart would have been knocked out cold."

"Yeah, they gotta take this thing out, and fast," stated Gavin.

~~~~~

"We gotta take this thing out, and fast," stated Jack. "I'm thinking Brick Break, tear down that Aurora Veil, yeah?"

Keith was silent in response, looking up intently at Lapras, then at the other Pokémon around him. "...I don't think so," he said at last. "I think if there's any hope, it's in everyone just going all-out right now. Aurora Veil isn't as big an impediment as it would usually be, not when we're dealing with a wild Gigantamax Pokémon. Besides, look at what that Ferrothorn's doing," he added, for the Grass/Steel-type was indeed horking up a big ball of corrosive fluid right at the Lapras. "That right there is Acid Spray," Keith grinned. "Bart knows that move, too- it's pretty weak, but it's a guaranteed huge drop to the target's Special Defense. That's the opening we need right there."

"Yeah?" Jack replied. "So, what, we go for that move too? Or..."

"I think I know just what to do here," Keith stated. "And I think you do too, Jack. Bart might be my Pokémon, and I might be the Trainer here, but I know you're smart enough to figure out the play here."

Slowly, a grin spread across Jack's face. "Yeah. I think I getcha here," he nodded. "Alright, can I have the honors?"

Keith gestured forward with a grin of his own. "By all means," he replied.

Jack nodded appreciatively, before turning back to the action. "Here we go!" he declared. "Finish it, Bart! Focus Blast, now!"

"Scrrrrrafty!" Bart exclaimed, charging up and launching a powerful sphere of pure Fighting energy, right at the same time the Pangoro and Swampert were doing likewise.

OOC: Bart used Focus Blast (120 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 02-22-2021 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:45 AM   #68
Connor
Flashbacker

Focus Blast (120 BP)
Old 02-22-2021, 06:34 AM   #69
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Third time's the charm, another Focus Blast (120 BP).

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:41 AM   #70
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Seed Bomb (80 BP, Analytic)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:25 PM   #71
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

The Queen has risen from her slumber...

THUNDER (110 BP)
Old 02-22-2021, 08:45 PM   #72
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gigantamax Boss Lapras
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 0%
KO Count: 0

Larpas was not through with the raiders yet. It prepared to unleash one final concerto to end this for once and for all. However, the raiders pushed on, trying their hardest to chip away at the beast’s impenetrable defenses and at the very last moment, their efforts pull through. Overwhelmed, the Lapras shrinks down to its normal size and form and collapses into the depths of the reef to slumber.

For their efforts in defeating the Gigantamax Raid Boss Lapras, the trainers are awarded the following:
  • 40 Watts
  • 1x TR Hydro Pump
  • 2x Passho Berries
  • 1x Yache Berries
  • +3 levels to participating Pokemon lv.1-59, +6 levels to participating Pokemon lv.60 or above [+6 Rare Candies if Pokemon is lv.100]
Old 02-22-2021, 11:18 PM   #73
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post

Gigantamax Boss Lapras
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 0%
KO Count: 0

Larpas was not through with the raiders yet. It prepared to unleash one final concerto to end this for once and for all. However, the raiders pushed on, trying their hardest to chip away at the beast’s impenetrable defenses and at the very last moment, their efforts pull through. Overwhelmed, the Lapras shrinks down to its normal size and form and collapses into the depths of the reef to slumber.

For their efforts in defeating the Gigantamax Raid Boss Lapras, the trainers are awarded the following:
  • 40 Watts
  • 1x TR Hydro Pump
  • 2x Passho Berries
  • 1x Yache Berries
  • +3 levels to participating Pokemon lv.1-59, +6 levels to participating Pokemon lv.60 or above [+6 Rare Candies if Pokemon is lv.100]
It was a tense moment as the attacks flew Lapras's way. If this onslaught didn't do the trick, and if luck wasn't on their side, Lapras could very well end things in its favor with just a few well-placed attacks. And yet, the harsh Acid Spray, the intense Seed Flare, the barrage of Focus Blasts, all of them made their mark on the Lapras, some of the attacks even managing further Special Defense drops that filled the onlookers' hearts with hope. And finally, the Mareep stepped up, and shut Lapras down once and for all with a devastating Thunder attack.

"YEAH!" Gavin bellowed as Lapras shrunk back down to size.

"They did it!" cheered Maribel, hugging her mother. Willa, smiling, hugged her daughter back.

"Luck was definitely on their side, but I feel like they may have had this regardless," smiled Eddie.

"That was very nice to watch," smiled Terri.

Before long, Bart led the way back onto the ship, grinning confidently and exchanging high fives and fistbumps with the others. Following close behind were Keith and Jack, the latter of whom exhaled a sigh of relief as he resumed his usual Ditto form.

"Heh," Keith grinned, looking down at the mentally exhausted gelatinous puddle before him. "Can't say I was expecting you to do that, but you did good today, Jack," he said. "Maybe ask me next time, though, OK? I just might be fine with it, after all."

"...Ditto," Jack jiggled wearily, though with a grin of his own in response.

"And you," Keith added, turning to Bart. "Some excellent work out there, Bart. Very proud of what I saw out there."

"Scrafty scraft," Bart smirked, holding out his fist. Keith grinned and returned the fistbump, before returning the tired-out Scrafty to his Poké Ball.

Following this, Willa walked up and put her arms around Keith. "It may have been Jack doing most of the work, but how you managed to get Bart to not only take the Max Potion, but actually use it on himself- that was impressive."

Keith chuckled, wrapping his arms around his wife. "I know my Pokémon well by now," he said modestly.

"Indeed," Willa agreed. The couple shared a quick kiss at this point- only a quick one, for it was clear their friends were looking to also have their say.

"Yeah, man, that was friggin' awesome," grinned Gavin.

"Dad, you and Jack were both amazing," smiled Maribel.

"I should get back into the habit of getting involved with these raids," Terri stated. "It's always nice to see how well everyone does when teamed up, a fact today reminded me of good and well."

"Exemplary performance," Eddie stated, adjusting his glasses. "You all looked to be cutting it quite close near the end, though I had faith nevertheless."

Keith smiled. "Thanks, everyone," he said. "Now... what say we set sail back to Sludge Wave Coast?" he suggested, climbing up to the helm, with Willa not far behind. In response to the unanimous murmurs of approval of this idea, Keith got the Banette's Revenge underway, setting a course for the small town they all called home.

*Obtained 40 Watts!*

*Keith obtained a TR03 Hydro Pump!*

*Obtained 2 Passho Berries!*

*Obtained the Yache Berry!*

*Bart was elevated to level 53!*

Using my TR on my Weedle with 50 Bond.

*Hermione learned Hydro Pump!*
Old 02-23-2021, 04:29 PM   #74
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
  • 40 Watts
  • 1x TR Hydro Pump
  • 2x Passho Berries
  • 1x Yache Berries
Claiming the above with much thanks.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:45 PM   #75
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
  • 40 Watts
  • 1x TR Hydro Pump
  • 2x Passho Berries
  • 1x Yache Berries

Thank you, everyone...

Picking up:

40 Watts
1x TR Hydro Pump
2x Passho Berries
1x Yache Berries
+3 Levels
(raising Lv. 37 Mareep to Lv. 40)

Thanks for hosting, Gary!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League