UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #526
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Dark Room of Nightmare is awesome. I'd try to help, but a) I'm not very good and b) I can't seem to zoom in so I can't tell what all the cards are :p. We could compare burn decks though, we have a number of cards in common. I technically have two burn decks - one I tried to create from memory which worked alright (beat Tdos Six Samurais deck with it the only time I used it against him, could've been a fluke though) which is too big and one I later built from the ground up which tends to be better.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #527
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I think you don't have enough monsters to run Pot of Avarice well, I'd put in more Messengers of Peace because they stop XYZ monsters, I haven't seen you successfully use Infernal Reckless Summon once- so despite your love for it it may not be the best long term. I think you don't have enough Life Gain to justify two Fire Princesses, so you may want to lose the entire Fire Princess aspect and go for straight pyro burn/baseball kid, which would free up some room in your main deck for those special summon negating pyros in your side deck.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #528
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Spoiler: show

This is mine, as it stands. It's running ok, but not great. The side deck is almost exclusively to switch out stall cards for faster burn cards for use against other non-attacking decks (Exodia, for example, which gives me problems). In a lot of cases I should probably run fewer copies of particular cards.

The original one (with which I successfully stalled Tdos Six Samurai). I grabbed all the cards I could think of that were useful for a burn deck with the intent of cutting down when I found what was dead draws, but as I just ended up making an entirely new deck I never got to cutting it down. Hence the size.

I was actually considering re-doing the latter one to be based around things like Yubel, Toll and Savage Colosseum, but I think instead I'm going to make an entirely new non-stally deck.

Last edited by Concept; 02-23-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #529
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Made two people rage quit after turn 1 today with Six Sams.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #530
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
I'm not the greatest at deck building, as I mainly rely on the strategy of "having good cards in my deck and hoping I draw them", but I'll give it a shot.

Suggestion 1: Add one of these. On the off chance one of your monsters does actually get destroyed, it'll still deal damage. Works for passive burning.

Suggestion 2: Dark Room of Nightmare to deal extra damage each time you burn them.

That's about all I got.
LOL,

I literally just took both of those out of my deck because Muyo said they're situational and top decking them often doesn't help.

Thanks anyway~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyo

I haven't seen you successfully use Infernal Reckless Summon once
I've only drawn it one time since I've had the deck.

Quote:
I think you don't have enough Life Gain to justify two Fire Princesses, so you may want to lose the entire Fire Princess aspect and go for straight pyro burn/baseball kid, which would free up some room in your main deck for those special summon negating pyros in your side deck.
Agreed, I love that strategy a lot, but I think it's going to need to go in another deck.

>Concept

Your latter looks a lot like my deck when it was first conceived, and the former similar to my second revision. I nuked the stealth birds because as awesome as their effects are, I could never get them to sit on the field long enough to justify keeping them.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #531
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

My decks got a lot more stall cards than yours from what I can see, so I've had decent luck with the Stealth Birds.

EDIT the first: Just played two games against Talon - won the first handily, the second was a different story. He tried to call Gungnir, I negate the summon, he then resummons it from the grave, much to my annoyance, and proceeds to troll me for a few turns as I desperately stall/run out of cards. Then, just when I have nothing on the field but a Dark Room of Nightmare and a single Messenger of Peace in my hand (which Gungnir would simply destroy)... I drew a Lava Golem, destroyed his Gungnir and the General that could ressurect stuff, and proceeded to wipe his lifepoints from 8000 to 0 in the space of about four turns. Got seriously lucky there.

Damnit guys, you're vindicating my earlier whims for an Ice Barrier deck whilst at the same time making it too common for me to want to play ;;.

Last edited by Concept; 02-23-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #532
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
>Gungnir and the General that could ressurect stuff

It seems as if people like using this pair against you.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #533
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I need someone to analyze my baseball kid burn deck, get the card number down, and replace bad cards with good ones if need be. Kusari.

No I will not shut up about it. I NEED TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF OVER A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME!

I'll take a whirl at it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
LOL,

I literally just took both of those out of my deck because Muyo said they're situational and top decking them often doesn't help.

Thanks anyway~
Muyu's right, unless you build the deck entirely around them, they're mostly situational.

other tips:
I can't see enough special summon chances to justify using Inferno Reckless Summon. Either increase the number of special summoning cards, or remove inferno reckless entirely.

Your Princess burn doesn't mesh well with baseball kid, you should separate the strategies so you can utilize them to their best efficiency, either Princess Burn, or Straight Burn/Baseball kid, but not both. There's too many cards to rely on.

50-50 is the best ratio for deckbuilding (50% monsters/50% s/ts), and it's best to keep it at that, but leaning more monsters is better then leaning s/ts, unless the cards used work that way.

Either rely less on stall, and more on control, or use both equally, but don't use just stall. Keeping threats out completely is better then trying to keep them contained on the field. monster removal cards and effects are useful, and using more burn s/ts will make the duels faster, taking out your opponent before they can take you out.

Last edited by unownmew; 02-23-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #534
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

God damnit! I made an ice barrier deck because I thought it was a neat and unique idea. So much for it being unique! I guess I'll stick with my spellcaster deck even if I'll get my ass kicked *grumble*.

Also, it's funny when people actually respond to my starting duel quote. One actually explained why he thought life was hard.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #535
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Quote:
Luigiman: >six sams
Luigiman: gg
Luigiman: gggggggggg
attention_duelists: alright then
Luigiman: RIP MY ANUS
This kid knows what's up.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #536
Talon87
時の彼方へ

^_^;

*is now tempted more than ever to make that deck*

That one card had such intriguing artwork for a YGO card!

Tdos: ¬____________¬
Talon: ^-^
Tdos: ¬____________¬ ... please don't copy my deck.

I'm not! XD It's just that if it's as fun as you suggest it is, then I want to check it out.

Tdos: ¬____________¬
Old 02-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #537
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

God I feel bad for this kid I just dueled. I figured I'd use my spellcaster deck in order to test it out and work out some weaknesses in it. As it turns out, he was also using a spellcaster deck....and it totally worked in my advantage.

He started the duel with a weaker dark magician girl clone and that spell card that means no-one can use spell cards unless there's a spellcaster on their side of the field. I forgot about that card and used sanctuary, and he says "You can't do that. You don't have any spellcasters on the field." I apologized then whipped out one of my guys, and THEN used my sanctuary, which destroyed his spell card. If that wasn't bad enough, I used super polymerization to sacrifice his magician and summoned a card similar to Gungnir in effect. I kept building in spell counters and monsters, and destroying anything with my Arcanite Magician, and the guy just eventually quit.

Oh, also, I need help coming up with emo quotes. My duels are gonna be emo!
Old 02-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #538
Torkoal Stu
This

Rambly thing about the deck I just made:

I (finally) finished making an Advanced Banlist-friendly Amazoness Deck (kind of like swarmy/beat downy/warriory stuff with a synchro edge), because I've always really liked the Amazoness cards and they've been given some really sweet support in the newer sets. Like a Field Spell (Amazoness' Village) which activates once per turn when an Amazoness is destroyed and allows you to special summon an Amazoness from your deck with a level equal or lower. And a trap (Amazoness Shamanism) that destroys all Amazoness' monsters you control and allows you to special summon the same number of Level 4 or lower Amazoness' from your graveyard back to the field.

Plus the Warrior support has always been pretty good (Reinforcements of the Army and Marauding Captain are lush). Also a Continuous Spell card called Solidarity (if you only have one type of monsters in your graveyard, all monsters of that type on the field gain 800 ATK), which is pretty sweet for Amazoness monsters as they are all Warriors except one. And I'm only running one non-Warrior monster in my deck (Amazoness Tiger) to prevent Solidarity being hampered easily. And to get some better more powerful monsters (as Amazoness' strongest card isn't too powerful without boosts, and just incase my boosting cards fail) I've slipped in some decent Warrior Synchros (Colossal Fighter, Driven Daredevil, X-Saber Wayne) and the standard non-Warrior Synchros (Stardust Dragon, Brionac, Dragon Of The Ice Barrier).

The main issue is that it is a 50 card deck and hasn't got a great draw/searching power (outside of cards like Pot Of Avarice/Warrior Lady Of The Wasteland and a few others) and very reliant on battles/attacking. So I'm worried it's much too slow and will easily be caught up by stall, especially as speed-wise I find 40-45 cards is best to get a really efficient flowing deck (especially if said deck has a weak draw/searching potential).

Can anyone help me out a bit though? I really want to cut it down about 5 cards but it's hard to think of where~
Thanks for any help guys~

And I'll totally be around for a duel this evening (my time) for the record if anyone wants to play~
Old 02-24-2012, 03:56 AM   #539
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

ATTENTION DUELISTS, LEARN HOW TO SIDE!

With a tournament approaching, I'd like to take a moment and provide a nice guide to Side Decks.

Many of you have seen, and some have even taken advantage of Side Decks, but by now, I'm sure a lot of you are finding it gimmicky, and wondering why bother when you could just main that card(s). I'm here to tell you WHY.

Side decking gives you the opportunity to counter ANY other deck from game 2, on. Having problems with Ice Barriers? Throw in Rivalry of Warlords, Thunder King Rai-Oh, and Fossil Dyna Pachecaphalo. Feeling the heat against Burn decks? No problem. Just throw in some tuners and Black-Winged Dragon and you're good to go!

But how do you know what cards to side? Easy! Test the waters. Play with every one else, and see what decks THEY are going to be running. Now you have an idea of what they're capable of, and how the deck works. Now figure out a card that effectively stops their strategy! Does the deck abuse Dark Monsters with strong effects? Try siding Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror! Maybe the deck relies heavily on the graveyard? Don't give them the luxury and side a Dimensional Fissure!

No matter what deck your opponent is running, there is a counter to it some where, and having that counter waiting in your side deck can mean the difference between winning or losing!

When constructing your side deck, remember that your opponent ALSO has the opportunity to side, and the cards they side may hurt you more than the cards you side hurt them! For example, if a Six Sam player were going against an Ice Barrier deck, Gozen Matches sided by the Ice Barrier player would COMPLETELY give them the advantage, and hurt them much more than any Rivalry of Warlords would help. Perhaps this Six Sam player will counter this by siding additional Spell/Trap removal, to help prevent a lock.

By now some of you have some great ideas of what to side against your opponents, but now comes the real challenge... what to take out of your main deck while siding? Keep in mind that for every card you add into your deck from your side, you MUST remove a card as well. Taking out too many cards, however, can ruin the formula of the deck, and compromise consistency. Think about what cards won't help in your match up. For example, if you're dueling a Stall deck based on getting out Exodia, Mirror Force and Bottomless Trap Hole, although great cards, might not help you in the match up as much as say, a Card Destruction or Thunder King Rai-Oh would.

You can only have 15 cards in your side deck, so it is important to prioritize your biggest threats, and make sure you have counters to them. If you've never had an issue stomping on burn decks, then don't worry about countering them in your side deck. Focus on the decks that give you problems, and find efficient counters to those decks.

If you have any more questions, or would like suggestions on possible counters to certain decks, feel free to ask! Good Luck, and Happy Siding!

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #540
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Stu

Amazoness's are cool. I was considering making a deck based around them but then came up with a better (read: more amusing) idea. Anyone care to help me test it? It's very rough right now, being too big despite me not having put all the cards I want in.

Last edited by Concept; 02-24-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #541
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
Rambly thing about the deck I just made:

I (finally) finished making an Advanced Banlist-friendly Amazoness Deck (kind of like swarmy/beat downy/warriory stuff with a synchro edge), because I've always really liked the Amazoness cards and they've been given some really sweet support in the newer sets. Like a Field Spell (Amazoness' Village) which activates once per turn when an Amazoness is destroyed and allows you to special summon an Amazoness from your deck with a level equal or lower. And a trap (Amazoness Shamanism) that destroys all Amazoness' monsters you control and allows you to special summon the same number of Level 4 or lower Amazoness' from your graveyard back to the field.

Plus the Warrior support has always been pretty good (Reinforcements of the Army and Marauding Captain are lush). Also a Continuous Spell card called Solidarity (if you only have one type of monsters in your graveyard, all monsters of that type on the field gain 800 ATK), which is pretty sweet for Amazoness monsters as they are all Warriors except one. And I'm only running one non-Warrior monster in my deck (Amazoness Tiger) to prevent Solidarity being hampered easily. And to get some better more powerful monsters (as Amazoness' strongest card isn't too powerful without boosts, and just incase my boosting cards fail) I've slipped in some decent Warrior Synchros (Colossal Fighter, Driven Daredevil, X-Saber Wayne) and the standard non-Warrior Synchros (Stardust Dragon, Brionac, Dragon Of The Ice Barrier).

The main issue is that it is a 50 card deck and hasn't got a great draw/searching power (outside of cards like Pot Of Avarice/Warrior Lady Of The Wasteland and a few others) and very reliant on battles/attacking. So I'm worried it's much too slow and will easily be caught up by stall, especially as speed-wise I find 40-45 cards is best to get a really efficient flowing deck (especially if said deck has a weak draw/searching potential).

Can anyone help me out a bit though? I really want to cut it down about 5 cards but it's hard to think of where~
Thanks for any help guys~

And I'll totally be around for a duel this evening (my time) for the record if anyone wants to play~
I'll help.

You can drop the Amazoness Fighters, as they're just weaker versions of Amazoness Swords Woman, and Amazoness Blowpiper isn't good enough to use just one of, either use multiple, or drop it completely.

If you're running Solidarity, I would highly recommend you not use any non-warrior monsters in your deck, as a simple bad draw or unlucky discard will kill your whole strategy.

For cutting down on cards, I'd suggest removing some of your non-searching non-amazoness warriors, and definitely cutting back your large number of spell or trap cards to keep the balance around 50-50 monsters/spell and traps. I can't quite read all the s/t cards you have, so I can't advise exactly which ones to drop.

Last edited by unownmew; 02-24-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #542
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
I'll help.

You can drop the Amazoness Fighters, as they're just weaker versions of Amazoness Swords Woman, and Amazoness Blowpiper isn't good enough to use just one of, either use multiple, or drop it completely.

If you're running Solidarity, I would highly recommend you not use any non-warrior monsters in your deck, as a simple bad draw or unlucky discard will kill your whole strategy.

For cutting down on cards, I'd suggest removing some of your non-searching non-amazoness warriors, and definitely cutting back your large number of spell or trap cards to keep the balance around 50-50 monsters/spell and traps. I can't quite read all the s/t cards you have, so I can't advise exactly which ones to drop.
Yeah I just did my first play test and I've shortened it to 45 cards (with a 15 card side deck). But one Amazoness Tiger doesn't really risk Solidarity as much as you would think, so I feel it's a risk I'm willing to take. Especially as it's not like Solidarity is my only ATK boosting card, I have plenty of other options to use incase I sabotage my own Solidarity. But fair point about the Amazoness Fighter/Blowpipers, I think I'll trade them out for an extra Swordswoman and some other ones yet to be decided.

Yeah I've got it roughly 50/50 right now, so I'm fairly confident with it. But I'll keep playtesting and see where I go. Thanks for your help unownmew!

Also just did a best of 3 with 'Cept. I won the first match, then he won the second (with an impressive swarm might I add) and then I won the third. A very good match overall!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #543
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I remember I used to have a fun Amazoness deck, it was pretty funny. I focused on Amazoness Swordswoman and a ridiculously hard to get out combo of twin swords of flashing light + Heart of Clear Water. When it worked, hot damn it was sexy.

It didn't usually though.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #544
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Um. What are chains and how do they work?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #545
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
PH's Guide to Chains!

A chain is- well, a chain of spells, traps and effects. These things can be triggered one after another, you see. However! There are some limitations; Spell Speeds.

There are three Spell Speeds; Spell Speed 1, Spell Speed 2, and Spell Speed 3.

Speed 1 is the lowest, and can be chained by any of the other three, but cannot be chained to Speed 2 or 3. The types of Spells/Traps/Effects that fall into this category are;

- Normal/Field/Continuous/Equip & Ritual Spell Cards
- Flip/Ignition & Trigger Effect Monsters' effects.

Speed 2 is the middle ground; it can be chained to 1 or 2 and chained by 2 or 3. The types of Spells/Traps/Effects that fall into this category are;

- Quick-Play Spell Cards
- Normal and Continuous Trap Cards
- Quick Effects.

Speed 3 is the highest speed; it can Chain to any of the other speeds, but can only be chained by other Speed 3 cards. The types of Spells/Traps/Effects that fall into this category are;

- Counter Trap Cards

An that's all there is to it!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #546
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
Yeah I just did my first play test and I've shortened it to 45 cards (with a 15 card side deck). But one Amazoness Tiger doesn't really risk Solidarity as much as you would think, so I feel it's a risk I'm willing to take. Especially as it's not like Solidarity is my only ATK boosting card, I have plenty of other options to use incase I sabotage my own Solidarity. But fair point about the Amazoness Fighter/Blowpipers, I think I'll trade them out for an extra Swordswoman and some other ones yet to be decided.
You're right, in that Tiger doesn't risk it too much, but I prefer to stay away from the possibility completely. It is of course your choice, and if you think you needn't worry about it, do as you like.

A Good Choice with Swords woman. I'd always run 3 of her in an Amazoness Deck.

Quote:
Yeah I've got it roughly 50/50 right now, so I'm fairly confident with it. But I'll keep playtesting and see where I go. Thanks for your help unownmew!
No problem. I used to help other guys with their decks on the Wikia forums a couple years ago, so I'm fairly experienced. I wouldn't ever claim to be useful for creating killer decks though, I'm better at putting people in the right direction. Remember, deck tuning is an ongoing process, especially as new sets come out, empowering opposing threats or improving your own.

Quote:
Also just did a best of 3 with 'Cept. I won the first match, then he won the second (with an impressive swarm might I add) and then I won the third. A very good match overall!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
I remember I used to have a fun Amazoness deck, it was pretty funny. I focused on Amazoness Swordswoman and a ridiculously hard to get out combo of twin swords of flashing light + Heart of Clear Water. When it worked, hot damn it was sexy.

It didn't usually though.
That is an awesome combo. It is quite gimmicky though.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #547
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm sure you were all dying to know how Ice Barrier fares against frogs. Suffice to say, Ice Barrier can defeat frogs.

Update: played Concept again with the Equip deck that Tuner made for me. It ... doesn't seem to be nearly as robust as I had hoped it would be. ^_^; (Granted, he himself said he didn't like it. XD) But it managed to also defeat the frogs thanks to a 5700 ATK Vylon. (Four different equip cards on one dude.) Cut right through Concept's frogs' #1 defensive strategy thanks to Big Bang Shot.

Looking at Concept's frog deck list, it seems like I may have just gotten lucky in both match-ups. But I won pretty damn handily, so who knows.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #548
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I'm sure you were all dying to know how Ice Barrier fares against frogs. Suffice to say, Ice Barrier can defeat frogs.

Update: played Concept again with the Equip deck that Tuner made for me. It ... doesn't seem to be nearly as robust as I had hoped it would be. ^_^; (Granted, he himself said he didn't like it. XD) But it managed to also defeat the frogs thanks to a 5700 ATK Vylon. (Four different equip cards on one dude.) Cut right through Concept's frogs' #1 defensive strategy thanks to Big Bang Shot.

Looking at Concept's frog deck list, it seems like I may have just gotten lucky in both match-ups. But I won pretty damn handily, so who knows.
That deck HEAVILY relies on synchro summoning to work properly, so make sure you abuse that... other than that, no. I don't like that deck.

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #549
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
>Get on Dueling Network
>Try to click Talon's name
>List is constantly moving

That is really irritating.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #550
phoopes
Double Dragon

So everyone seems to be making new decks... I think I have an idea for one.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment