Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #2276
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
Thanks for the in-depth reply Dopple, was great to read. For some reason, I remember the time I left as a period where Dark Worlds were absolutely everywhere, and I distinctly recall hating Grapha with a passion (still do)... But maybe that happened earlier.

This question is about as old as it gets, but I'd like to know what are you guys' favourite decks currently. I had a lot of fun playing Quickdraw, Gemknights, TGs and Nordics (yeah, I know)... maybe I'll rebuild some of those for casual duels in Unrated or whatever.
Dark World? Grapha?

OOHHHHHHYYYEEEAAAAHHHHH

As one can tell, I like Dark World. It's the deck I main currently. But, I do also have Battlin' Boxers, Dragon Rulers(updated to TCG Sept. 2013), and various other decks I try out sometimes.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #2277
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
EDIT the first: Got my World lock set up properly against an empty field. First game of a match, my third turn. Guy just resigned the whole match then and there.
B.e.a.utiful~. As an Arcana Force player I find World awkwardly impractical, being able to Worldlock was never something I could do.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #2278
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Uh, Madolche. It started out as a simple experiment, but now I love them~

I also really like machines. They were my main deck before I got taken over by the cute little cupcake dolls.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #2279
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
This question is about as old as it gets, but I'd like to know what are you guys' favourite decks currently. I had a lot of fun playing Quickdraw, Gemknights, TGs and Nordics (yeah, I know)... maybe I'll rebuild some of those for casual duels in Unrated or whatever.
Can't go wrong with Nordics. I ought to dig out my old recipe for them from mid-2011. How relevant they'd be now, I don't know, but who cares?

As for decks I'm using now, Frognarchs are relatively fun IMO (for Ranked duels), and I'm rather enjoying my new Madolche deck. I keep feeling like I should try out the "better" decks, but so many just seem uninteresting.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #2280
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
My most used deck is probably my LemuriaFish, although I'm really enjoying my Ninjas even though it kinda sucks because hey, ninjas! My Wetlands deck is probably the most fun - getting stuff like Submarine Frog into the 4000+ atk category just amuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
B.e.a.utiful~. As an Arcana Force player I find World awkwardly impractical, being able to Worldlock was never something I could do.
It's not an Arcana Force deck, it's specifically a World Lock deck. The whole point is to set up an infinite loop involving World, Strike Ninja and two D.D Scout Planes, and then just sit back and laugh as I take my turn after turn after turn. It was your deck that made me want to do it :p.

Last edited by Concept; 08-26-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #2281
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
It's not an Arcana Force deck, it's specifically a World Lock deck. The whole point is to set up an infinite loop involving World, Strike Ninja and two D.D Scout Planes, and then just sit back and laugh as I take my turn after turn after turn. It was your deck that made me want to do it :p.
I know it isn't Arcana Force, I was more commenting on how it is harder for me as an Arcana Force player to Worldlock, than it is for you with a specific build.

And woo I inspired someone

Quote:
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 08-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #2282
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Sadly it's pretty hard for me too - I think that's the only time I've got the full loop off in ~6 games (two with randomers, two with Blaze, two with Talon). I managed to keep going for a few turns against Blaze (Level Eaters instead, so limited uses) but couldn't close the lock.

Also the loss of Heavy Storm actually really hurts the deck, as it's hard to clear the field for an incoming World and if they've got a Warning or a Mirror Force or Compulse or Torrential down, it's over pretty quick.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #2283
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Sad really. If only World were easier to protect, then I would deffo switch out my Moons for them. Moon > World.
In other news, I've edited my Ghostrick deck a bit, but bed is calling so it's goodnight computer and hello 3DS :P

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #2284
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Go onto Dueling Network.

See Fallen Icarus online.

See he's not in a match.

But decide not to bother him.

Think about playing a solo match.

Remember I don't want to play rated matches just yet though.

Decide to window shop through the unrated offerings.

Notice a lot of people mentioning one thing, again and again, in their match descriptions:
Quote:
YourYugiohChannel
Quote:
YYC
Quote:
youryugiohchannel
Quote:
yyc
Quote:
yyc please battle me
So I'm thinking, "Who or what the hell is YourYugiohChannel? Is it a person?"

Decide to look up YourYugiohChannel on DN.

And this avatar is what greets me as the page promptly loads. Scared me!

Anyway, yeah, it looks like he's some YouTube minor celebrity who is making a special appearance on DN tonight. Here's a game he's playing right this minute.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #2285
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
That's a pretty horrifying avatar. But yeah, we have to recall that a lot of people on DN are little kids and get star-struck when a "celeb" comes online. I actually have "azneyeswhitedragon" friended so I can watch his games when he's on, because his advice was generally good when I was still learning the ins and outs of the game. Now though, I feel like I'm good enough to make my own decisions and not really need celebrity guidance.

The only other guy I have friended who could be considered that is the British champion "speedysteve2448", who plays the same deck I do, but the Quickdraw variant. It interested me because Britain (or England specifically, I think) has an isolated meta by virtue of them being governed by the TCG ban-list, but not having access to English cards except those printed in the UK. So cards like Quasar, which are available in the US, are not legal for UK play because they were never printed in the UK.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 PM   #2286
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>Favorite Deck

Yeaaaah, pretty much definitely Lavals. It's pretty hilarious how much I like it. I'll get back to you if I ever decide to play anything else. :P
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #2287
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Main deck is Fire Princess, though right now I'm having a bit more fun with my old "Destroy All Monsters" deck. Everything in it has the effect of destroying monsters, which when it's working smoothly really frustrates people as they can't draw summon monsters fast enough to keep defenses on the field.

It's not as easy in the current "Let's special summon five monsters from the deck a turn" metagame, but it's still fun.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #2288
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
That's a pretty horrifying avatar. But yeah, we have to recall that a lot of people on DN are little kids and get star-struck when a "celeb" comes online.
Yeah, just out of simple curiosity, I've stuck around the room (just for this one match). It's still going on, but nearly over. Here's the field right now, and as you can see, there are 49 guests. (Actually, as I was posting this it just ended. Strangely enough, the YYC guy won but he bolted out of the room as soon as his opponent typed gg, not waiting for him to click the button, and so the server counted it as a loss for YYC. ^^; But since it wasn't a rated duel, the loss likely wasn't registered.)

Quote:
The only other guy I have friended who could be considered that is the British champion "speedysteve2448", who plays the same deck I do, but the Quickdraw variant. It interested me because Britain (or England specifically, I think) has an isolated meta by virtue of them being governed by the TCG ban-list, but not having access to English cards except those printed in the UK. So cards like Quasar, which are available in the US, are not legal for UK play because they were never printed in the UK.
That's both smile-inducingly interesting as well as brow furrow-inducingly dumb. On the one hand, I think it's neat that the UK has its own TCG ecosystem, its own metagame that exists in isolation from the continent and the international scene. Very neat. Reminds me of Japanese mahjong vs. Hong Kong mahjong or UPN's YGO metagame vs. Dueling Network's YGO metagame. On the other hand, though, I feel like it's really stupid that they either refused to or else couldn't bring over all of the cards that the North Americans had. If I were a British player, I'd be pretty pissed that we didn't get 5-10% of the same cards as the Yanks did just because some Glorious Nippon Britain patriotic asshat in a position of managerial power feels the need to exercise his jingoist muscle by turning away certain "Yankee" cards to ensure that Britain's metagame remains "pure" or some such hogwash. I dunno, like I said ... it both puts a smile and a frown on my face.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #2289
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
I was dueling Talon, and I lost all 3 games. Horribly.

Must. Work. On. My. Dueling.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #2290
Princess Ana

Soooooooo....apparently Big Eye isn't limited in the TCG.

WAT. That's it! Generi-traps or not, I'm staying OCG!
Old 08-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #2291
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I helped Kindrindra to play test his newly improved Lavals deck. I won both of the two games we played, but in the first game my Life Points were reduced all the way to 300 before I managed to turn things around and win.

After my second battle with Kind ended, FI asked to play, so I offered to help him test out his Lightsworn Noble Knight deck. While I won all three games, the Noble Knights gave me a scare early on in the first and third games. There was an especially strong showing in the early mid-game of Game 3 but I shut it down with Solemn Warning after a 15-minute distraction where I asked Doppel to teach us about the cans and cannots of responding to XYZ detachment effects following a summon. Here's a picture from the end of Game 2. (The Torrential Tribute had not been flipped nor could it have been. He was just showing it to me.)

I felt kind of bad since I was offering to help play test and in both cases the boys asked me to bring what I feel is my strongest deck to the duel. I asked them both which deck they'd prefer to face; and after each game I offered to change decks; but neither one wanted to face anything but Fire Fist. So ... I hope that was okay. ^_^; In Kind's case, he'd actually seen my Nurse Burn deck before and, I think perhaps disproportionately fearing its potency, felt he had better chances against Fire Fist. (And given how he very, very nearly beat me in our first of two games, perhaps he's right!) As for FI, I dunno, I think Nurse Burn might've actually been a lot worse of an opponent for his deck than Fire Fist, but the problem he encountered with Fire Fist -- similar to some of our Fire Fist vs. Madolche matches -- was just how mercilessly the Fire Fists beat the opponent back down, never allowing him to stand up and actually build some defenses. In a sense, Fire Fists are sort of like the termite tornado from Hell. ^_^;
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Soooooooo....apparently Big Eye isn't limited in the TCG.

WAT. That's it! Generi-traps or not, I'm staying OCG!
And Dracossack isn't limited in either. Right? I don't think it'll be a huge problem. Dragon Rulers are too defanged; even if your opponent can get out one Big Eye, that's a) probably all he's ever going to get out and yet at the same time b) probably all he's ever going to need. So whether the format officially allows or disallows him to run a second in his Extra Deck probably isn't going to matter too much.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #2292
Princess Ana

Dragon Rulers aren't going to be the problem this time around unfortunately. It's going to be Mermail. Mermail has tons of Level 7 boss monsters that unfortunately are ridiculously easy to throw around.

OH GOD THEY DIDN'T LIMIT ABYSSSPHERE EITHER. IT'S OVER PEOPLE. IT'S OVER. ;;
Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #2293
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Time will tell what Mermail will do. They're definitely stronger now with Tidal, more Rank 7s and all of their threats nerfed. But, technically speaking, the deck hasn't really gained any strength in over a year, it's all relative due to the weakened trap lineups and the axe of Dragon Rulers and Prophecy.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #2294
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Ahahahahaha.

I played some randomite in Unrated with an intent to test out the "Gram/Delta Crow" combo. Turns out the guy I was facing was running Blackwings! Then, I managed to pull off the Delta Crow. After a few minutes of stunned surprise by my opponent...

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #2295
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Quote:
Ahahahahaha.

I played some randomite in Unrated with an intent to test out the "Gram/Delta Crow" combo. Turns out the guy I was facing was running Blackwings! Then, I managed to pull off the Delta Crow. After a few minutes of stunned surprise by my opponent...

Oh wow. The planets aligned perfectly until 'lolnope Starlight Road'. Unlucky, Sir. Dopple!

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #2296
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I still beat him soundly though. That guy wasn't running a TCG deck, which explains why he had Starlight Road.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #2297
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

FTK'd by Hieratics. Sadface. Other than that today was a success though, 6-1 with the Lemuria deck in rated matches (and I think I won all the individual games I played in those matches except the one I lost, too).

The Hieratic player went from an empty field to clearing my field (admittedly only a Dupe Frog and Lemuria) and attacking with 10100 atk in the space of a turn. Insane. And it sucks because once he took out Dupe Frog and I therefore got Swap Frog to the hand I had a hand for an OTK myself.

Last edited by Concept; 08-27-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #2298
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

B (turn 1)

E (turn 2)

A (turn 3)

UTIFUL. (turn 4)

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 08-27-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #2299
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Well, might as well get back into Duels. I'll be experimenting with Agents / Karakuri Engines (Separately) for a bit. Might as well try Geargia, too.

On as ElegantWineExpert, if anyone is wondering.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 08-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #2300
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

I have a hater! Suavetrick~

edit:

5-0 Win streak, he had. Beat him 2-0, I did. (And he's just put up another battle saying "WHO WANNA LOSE". Anger issues XD)
I. Freaking. LOVE. Ghostrick :A)

edit 2: Question.
I just had a duel with Talon (lost 2-1) where the MVP was good Sir. Gorilla, who repeatedly decimated my Field Spell before I could set off my House/Barrier Lock. Bar Field Barrier, is there any cards that Protect face up Spell and Trap Cards?

Quote:
Quote:
#still
#fucking
#salty

Last edited by Whimsy; 08-27-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment