UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2019, 02:50 AM   #151
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
King Ghidorah- We wake from your slumber raving like a crazed lunatic. The Shiinotic's spores had really done a number on you. Not only were you convinced you'd seen the Edelweiss Guardian, you were now convinced it was your destiny to face it! Sure, in the dream it had beaten all your Pokemon and was preparing to finish you off, but that didn't mean it would actually happen that way or did it? Either way, you had a different situation to deal with now, Swinub was in the Shiinotic's grasp and slowly losing energy. You shout your orders, instructing Swinub to use Odor Sleuth to hone in on his target. Swinub squeals in pain and frustration, it was in the Shiinotic's arms, finding it wasn't the problem right now! Thankfully your second order proves more useful, the Swinub begins driving Icicle Spears into the Shiinotic's chest, eventually forcing it to release him. The spears strike with so much force they cause the Shiinotic to be uprooted. As the Grass/Fairy type flails on its back, Heidi spots something growing on its glowing roots.

"Balm Mushrooms and Energy Root!" Heidi shouts as she rushes in, pulling a small knife from her belt. Working quickly she cuts off a few of the precious mushrooms and a couple of small roots before retreating, Swinub alongside her. "We got what we came for, we should probably go find my Slurpuff, she's probably found what we need by now." The Shiinotic slowly rises to its feet, if you didn't make a choice soon, it would likely attack again.

Swinub gained 4 levels!



Naru- You agree with Harrow, the Gabite certainly seemed to be protecting the Garchomp. That meant you likely weren't continuing your pursuit without stopping them first. Thankfully you have a few seasoned fighters at your disposal who are more than capable of dealing with the threat at hand. Alastor rushes the closest Gabite, slamming a Power-Up Punch into its jaw, dealing a handy blow while increasing his own attack. He follows up with a Force Palm using his left hand, striking the same Gabite in the chest and leaving it temporarily winded. Unfortunately one of its allies comes to its aid, firing a Mud Shot at the Lucario. The Steel type is knocked sideways by the Super Effective blow that also leaves his fur coated in mud, slowing his movements slightly. Eris leaps at the Gabite who targeted Alastor, repetitively striking it as she Plays Rough. The Gabite is forced back by the Super Effective assault, which is slowly but surely wearing it down. Unfortunately, just like Alastor, focusing on one target leaves her flank open. The Mawile is completely unaware that the third Gabite is preparing to Incinerate both her and Alastor. A tongue of flame erupts from the Dragon, catching both Steel types before they can react. The flames eventually stop as a powerful yet surprising Ice Beam strikes the Gabite. Gogoat manages to knock the Dragon unconscious, making great use of its Nature Power!

"Keep on your toes, there is only two now but you can't afford to narrow your focus in a situation like this." Harrow and his Gogoat had shifted the odds in your favour. The remaining two Gabite were looking fairly warn out as well, Alastor and Eris could surely finish them off. You look around and eventually spot Calix, the Alolan Meowth tumbling through the snow with a Gible. He scratches at the Gible, only for his claws to be met with Metallic Claws as the Gible fights back. The Dark type flails around wildly, dealing an increasing amount of damage to the opposing Dragon.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:49 PM   #152
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 348
[Kawaii: Last update


TKF:


"There isn't enough time to wait"
Another voice cut through your mind and it certainly was not the Riolu in front of you.

Soon memories flashed through your head.

You were walking with your trainer and your child who just hatched, taking him for a picnic out in a secret oasis known by very few people, you were happy and enkoying time with your son Riolu. Your trainer was happier than you had seen her in years and you didn't need your empathy to feel the happiness coming off her in waves.

Then there was a loud explosion and several pokemon surrounded you and you partner and child, before you could put up much of a fight though you were hit from behind by a big blow, knocking you unconscious...

You then woke up in a panic to find that your powers were diminished and your partner and child were no where to be seen, reaching out you breathed a sigh of relief that they were indeed alive but not well.

Your partner took and somehow broke the chians keeping your child bound over the course of a week or two. Your memories were distorted whenever the doors opened up and you could only think clearly when you were left alone...

You followed your child with your mind as far as you could do so when you were alone and were relieved that at least a kind trainer was treating your child.

But you and your trainer needed rescuing..

The memories were burned into your mind as if they were your own and even though you had felt like you just lived several weeks of some kind of imprisonment very little time had lapsed from you getting the memories.

It was however long enough for you partners to notice and watch you with some concern
However Bayleaf didn't stop healing Riolu the whole time its eyes were fixated upon you.

What will you do next?

__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:44 PM   #153
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
[Kawaii: Last update


TKF:


"There isn't enough time to wait"
Another voice cut through your mind and it certainly was not the Riolu in front of you.

Soon memories flashed through your head.

You were walking with your trainer and your child who just hatched, taking him for a picnic out in a secret oasis known by very few people, you were happy and enkoying time with your son Riolu. Your trainer was happier than you had seen her in years and you didn't need your empathy to feel the happiness coming off her in waves.

Then there was a loud explosion and several pokemon surrounded you and you partner and child, before you could put up much of a fight though you were hit from behind by a big blow, knocking you unconscious...

You then woke up in a panic to find that your powers were diminished and your partner and child were no where to be seen, reaching out you breathed a sigh of relief that they were indeed alive but not well.

Your partner took and somehow broke the chians keeping your child bound over the course of a week or two. Your memories were distorted whenever the doors opened up and you could only think clearly when you were left alone...

You followed your child with your mind as far as you could do so when you were alone and were relieved that at least a kind trainer was treating your child.

But you and your trainer needed rescuing..

The memories were burned into your mind as if they were your own and even though you had felt like you just lived several weeks of some kind of imprisonment very little time had lapsed from you getting the memories.

It was however long enough for you partners to notice and watch you with some concern
However Bayleaf didn't stop healing Riolu the whole time its eyes were fixated upon you.

What will you do next?

Xander was left shaking after he was forced to endure a barrage of memories. As much as he wanted to forget the painful memories, they seemed to be wedged in with his own, for now at least. He hoped that the Riolu's mother would remove them once she and her trainer were safe. That said, it was up to him to save them. With Bayleef finishing up the healing on Riolu, Xander turned to the Riolu, reassuring it that they'd do their best to help its mother and trainer. "We don't know exactly where they are Riolu, but we know where you were." By that, he meant that the last recognisable location was the secret oasis. Thankfully with the memories he'd received, he was one of the few people who knew how to get there. From there, they'd attempt to find signs of those who attacked Riolu and its companions. Even if they couldn't find any leads, hopefully going there would get them closer to Riolu's mother and increase the strength of her telepathic link.

Xander picked up the Riolu and placed it on Bayleef's back. Chimchar scrambled up onto his shoulder while Wartortle stepped beside Bayleef. "Alright guys, guess we're going back out into the Savannah." Xander made his way out of the shop, trying to keep his mind clear so he could use the implanted memories to find his way back to the oasis. If Riolu was in this state after escaping captivity, it was hard to imagine the condition of its mother and trainer. Time was likely of the essence.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #154
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 348
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

After gathering up the Riolu, you and your partners practically ran out of the building as fast as you could. Once you were outside however you picked up a little more speed, your bayleef keeping Riolu on its back as best as it could.
Chimchar sat upon your shoulder and it was a good thing it did for the sun was starting to set.

But if you were right about your assumption you didnt have time to rest much. You freverently hoped that where the trainer and her pokemon were taken to wasnt far from the oasis, which that itself was an hours walk from Dead Mans Rest.

Running and taking a few shortcuts ( that you had seen from when you were climbing up and down the Butte )
Should shorten the time it took you to get to the oasis.

*... (At the oasis)

You slowly walked around the oasis looking for signs of a struggle with your pokemon.
You had a little bit of sunlight left, thanks to your short cuts.
But now the issue dawned upon you...

There were no signs of a recent struggle and you wouldnt be able to find any unless you had a Psychic type. The Savannah was windy and this place looked like it was also a frequent stop for the wild pokemon in the area.

You sat down for a moment, not wanting to give up but still feeling the extreme heavy weight of the possibility that you might not be able to make it in time.

But a breeze blew through the surrounding area, and although that was common, it wasnt what snapped you out of your brooding.
There was a voice on it, ever so faint but a voice none the less.

"......h ... e...lp...."

However, there was something wrong with the voice, or at least the word you heard. It was not a tired voice, nor did it sound panicked or that it actually needed help.
No....

This voice had a giggly tone to it.

"..... You want to help them don't you?"

The voice was right beside you, and it came from a little girl.
She looked up at you with big playful eyes the color of mahogany, but it seemed as if they had seen a thousand sorrows and this gave a hidden edge to them that cut through your soul.

"If you want to help them... Then please... Come with me."

The little girl started skipping in front of you, leading you to the oasis itself.

Will you follow her?

__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #155
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

After gathering up the Riolu, you and your partners practically ran out of the building as fast as you could. Once you were outside however you picked up a little more speed, your bayleef keeping Riolu on its back as best as it could.
Chimchar sat upon your shoulder and it was a good thing it did for the sun was starting to set.

But if you were right about your assumption you didnt have time to rest much. You freverently hoped that where the trainer and her pokemon were taken to wasnt far from the oasis, which that itself was an hours walk from Dead Mans Rest.

Running and taking a few shortcuts ( that you had seen from when you were climbing up and down the Butte )
Should shorten the time it took you to get to the oasis.

*... (At the oasis)

You slowly walked around the oasis looking for signs of a struggle with your pokemon.
You had a little bit of sunlight left, thanks to your short cuts.
But now the issue dawned upon you...

There were no signs of a recent struggle and you wouldnt be able to find any unless you had a Psychic type. The Savannah was windy and this place looked like it was also a frequent stop for the wild pokemon in the area.

You sat down for a moment, not wanting to give up but still feeling the extreme heavy weight of the possibility that you might not be able to make it in time.

But a breeze blew through the surrounding area, and although that was common, it wasnt what snapped you out of your brooding.
There was a voice on it, ever so faint but a voice none the less.

"......h ... e...lp...."

However, there was something wrong with the voice, or at least the word you heard. It was not a tired voice, nor did it sound panicked or that it actually needed help.
No....

This voice had a giggly tone to it.

"..... You want to help them don't you?"

The voice was right beside you, and it came from a little girl.
She looked up at you with big playful eyes the color of mahogany, but it seemed as if they had seen a thousand sorrows and this gave a hidden edge to them that cut through your soul.

"If you want to help them... Then please... Come with me."

The little girl started skipping in front of you, leading you to the oasis itself.

Will you follow her?

There was little light left when they made it to the Oasis. Unfortunately that was where their good fortune came to an end. There were no signs of the Riolu's mother or trainer, the shifting sands had swept away any tracks or signs that might have remained. Xander was beginning to get frustrated, how could they help if they couldn't find what they were looking for? If they stayed here long enough, the people who captured Riolu's and its companions might return and attempt the same with him, however there was no way of telling how long that would take. However a new telepathic presence soon presented itself. It certainly wasn't the Riolu's mother, as whatever it was took the form of a small girl. He could also rule out it being the Riolu's trainer, as the girl had said 'them', implying Riolu's mother and trainer. Xander wasn't sure about this 'thing', it's presence was almost too convenient. This sort of thing screamed of ghosts, taking on the form of a small girl to lure them in to some sort of trap.

Wartortle was thinking the same thing. Chimchar and Bayleef were ignorant to the ways of a trickster, but he wasn't. He'd pulled plenty of pranks and he knew in his gut when something was up. Not wanting to wait and see how his trainer would handle the situation, he takes the initiative. He fires a Bubble at the girl. The attack wouldn't hurt the girl too badly if she was real but would hopefully succeed in breaking any illusion cast by a would be prankster.

Xander was too slow to stop Wartortle. He considered crash tackling the Water type, but part of him was curious to see how things would unfold.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 PM   #156
Lil'twick
Warrior of Darkness
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norvrant
Posts: 2,928
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post

Lil'twick: The sight of the fretful Flabebe fearful for its flowery life quickly sets you into nice guy mode as you reassure that you're not hungry for them, and as you comment on the nice smell the fairy pokemon seems to calm down a little, and seems to perk up at your suggestion of helping out.

"O-oh! Th-thank you! I'm rather busy trying to make a wonderful gift for the prince, and I really would appreciate the support!" At the sight of the Cutiefly, the Flabebe gives a much more relieved chirp, and gives a shy wave at the tiny bug pokemon as you ask Honey to, well, gather some ingredients. On your introductions and offering, the flower pokemon practically twirls in excitement.

"That's a wonderful name, Leo! We don't really have much in the way of names like you giants do, but you can bake too? I'm trying to make the prince a wonderful fairy cake, and the extra set of hands can come in handy!" Darting around, the pokemon points you towards the back of the hillock, and looking around you can see a much larger kitchen system, a bit small for you but workable. "Sometimes when we get bigger visitors I use this giant's workshop, though it can get a bit hectic making something bigger than me. We can work together here on a cake for the prince, and I'm sure he'll really appreciate your kind gesture, as well as the garden!"

Between your own budding skills, the Flabebe's artistic decorum and Honey's surprisingly successful work in obtaining some simple ingredients, including some fine honey, you and your new friend work over some time to craft a number of smaller pastries and cakes, on the advice that making some smaller treats for the other pokemon in the garden would pay dividends for it, though your best work goes to the large cake that dwarfs the Flabebe. (You are free to describe your culinary creation and masterpiece in your reply)

"It's beautiful! The prince will surely be pleased with this, and on his day of bloom as well! Oh, that's sorta like what your giants call birthdays, and the prince always holds a wonderful party in the middle of the garden! Please, Leo, feel free to come along!" With a spring in their step the Flabebe starts to head for what seems to be a nest of trees in the distance, but stops for a moment and turns around, puzzled. It doesn't take long for you to realise what the holdup is: with all the confections made, it'll take you and Flabebe at least two, maybe three trips there to get everything delivered, and it seems that you might need a helping hand in delivery. The fairy pokemon looks at you quizzically, before asking the rhetorical question: "Um...do you have any friends who can help us take these treats to the prince's arboreal castle? It is an awful lot of things..."

-~Fairy Garden Challenge 1: Bloom Bakery Business.~-

Using you and your pokemon, you have been tasked with helping Flabebe deliver a number of baked goods to the prince's castle. A list of items the pair of you have baked are below, along with their relative weights. You have time to make one trip back, and thus can afford two loads of goods. In making decisions, assume that your pokemon can carry their own weight comfortably, and twice their weight at most before struggling, and that Leo and Flabebe are capable of ferrying their produce. Flabebe has some considerable muscles despite their petite size, and can carry up to 5 pounds of produce.

The Bakery's inventory is as follows:

- The Prince's Bloom Cake: 25 pounds, must be delivered.
- The Prince's Bloom Poffin Basket: 4 pounds, must be delivered.
- The Prince's Bloom Pollen Candy Cup: 2 items, 2 pounds each, must be delivered.
- Leo's Cream Horn Platter: 5 pounds.
- Leo's Puff Pastry Eclairs: 4 pounds.
- Leo's Honey Shortcake Tray: 8 pounds.
- Flabebe's Caramel Cupcake Box: 2 items, 3 pounds each.
- Flabebe's Cocoa Crisp Treats: 7 pounds.
- Flabebe's Cinnamon Nanab Loaves: 4 loaves, 2 pounds each.
- Sprinkles' Marshmallow Mushrooms: 3 batches, 1 pound each.
- Honey's Nectar Treat Dip: 2 pots, 6 pounds each.

Leo was glad that the Flabebe calmed down once he explained the situation to it. After all, he didn't really like hurting people without a solid reason. He was a gentle soul, and he just wanted to help out those he could. Not everyone could be saved... He wasn't that naive, but he'd help as best as he could. It was the least he could do for anyone.

Once things were smoothed out, Leo moved to the small kitchen and started to assist the Flabebe in making food for the feast. The sweet smells of honey and fresh berries started to fill the air as he mixed together the ingredients and started to bake his confections. The smell wafted through the area, but it didn't seem anyone was coming. Good, he wanted this to be a little surprise.

With the first batch of pastries out of the oven, Leo started to work on the cake. Making sure the batter was the right consistency was everything. Too thick and the cake was going to be as dense as a rock, and too thin meant more air could pass through the batter, and that wasn't always a good thing. Luckily, he was able to make the batter just as he wanted, and he carefully poured it into a greased pan. If you overfill the pan, the cake will spill out during the baking process and cause an uneven texture, not to mention decorating it would be awful.

Satisfied with the amount in the pan, Leo put it into the oven while he worked on other confections. His eclairs were chilling just fine, and the Flabebe seemed to have everything handled on its end. Leo noticed Sprinkles and Honey hovering near by, curious on what he was doing.

"You want in too?" He chuckled as the two Pokemon seemed to light up as he asked.

He then spent the next half hour or so helping his Pokemon make their own treats. Honey's was easy, a sweet dip mixed together of honey and nectar, and Sprinkles made small, colorful marshmallows in the shape of its mushrooms. They seemed to be the perfect thing to dip into the dip honey made too, with most of the "heads" of the marshmallows able to hold the dip pretty well.

Once they were done making that, Leo checked on the cake and saw it was ready. Carefully setting onto a platter, he slowly got the cake out of the pan. It was a pretty clean slide, and it plopped onto the plate with no issues. It seemed everything else was done at this point, so everyone started to work on decorating the cake. It was a golden brown honey cake, and looked amazing by itself, but since it was for the Prince... well it had to be royal.

Rolling out a sheet of green fondant, Leo carefully covered the cake with it. He then made a large oak out of a mixture of baking chocolate, brown fondant, and sweet crisps. He took the remaining green fondant and made small leaves, trying to imitate the giant oak he saw. He then took a bag of buttercream frosting and started to pipe out small flowers around the base of the tree. Once he finished the pipping, he took a toothpick and some royal icing he prepared earlier for his cream horns, and used it to add finer details. It was a lot of work, but it felt like this was one of his best pieces to date. If only he had a camera...

Leo could only blush as he received praise from the Flabebe, and it explained he'd be able to come along to the party as well. Though, there was a problem that came up. How would all of this be transported? Talking over it with the Flabebe, Leo had an idea.

"Okay, let's do this. Cott, Custard, Carrot, and Souffle let's go!" Leo exclaimed as he tossed four Pokeballs into the air. In order a Swirlix, Togetic, Carbink, and then lastly an Igglybuff came out/

"Alright, I have a plan. Souffle," he started to speak to the Igglybuff. "We can do two trips. Each trip i want you to take one of the Pollen Candy Cups with you. No eating until we get all the food delivered, okay?" Leo asked the Igglybuff, who gave him a happy response in return.

"Cott," he turned to the Swirlix next. "You're going to take the loaves first. I'll help you get them on you, but you need to be careful. Once we're back, we'll have you take all of the marshmallow mushrooms, okay?"

"Carrot, you're going to do some heavy lifting today little bud. First tip we're going to have you balance the shortcakes on the top of your head, and then on the second trip we'll have you bring the crisp treats."

"Custard, I want you to carry both of the cupcake boxes. We'll balance them on top of each other for you. When we get back, you\ll be taking the basket of poffins. This is important, so be careful with the basket."

"Flabebe, if you could take the cream horns first, and then the puff pastries second that would be appreciated. I'm going to grab both of the jars of dip the first time around, and then bring the cake with me when we do our second trip," Leo said to the Flabebe before announcing what he'll take.

"Sprinkles, Honey, I want you two to stay here to make sure nothing screws with the food we made. Do whatever you can to make sure the cake is protected. You'll be able to come with us when we head out a second time, okay?"

With his orders in place, Leo loads the first round of treats up and starts to head out, following the Flabebe to where he needed to go. Here's to good luck.

__________________


The road that we walk, is lost in the flood
Here proud angels bathe in their wages of blood.
At this, the world’s end, do we cast off tomorrow.

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #157
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- We wake from your slumber raving like a crazed lunatic. The Shiinotic's spores had really done a number on you. Not only were you convinced you'd seen the Edelweiss Guardian, you were now convinced it was your destiny to face it! Sure, in the dream it had beaten all your Pokemon and was preparing to finish you off, but that didn't mean it would actually happen that way or did it? Either way, you had a different situation to deal with now, Swinub was in the Shiinotic's grasp and slowly losing energy. You shout your orders, instructing Swinub to use Odor Sleuth to hone in on his target. Swinub squeals in pain and frustration, it was in the Shiinotic's arms, finding it wasn't the problem right now! Thankfully your second order proves more useful, the Swinub begins driving Icicle Spears into the Shiinotic's chest, eventually forcing it to release him. The spears strike with so much force they cause the Shiinotic to be uprooted. As the Grass/Fairy type flails on its back, Heidi spots something growing on its glowing roots.

"Balm Mushrooms and Energy Root!" Heidi shouts as she rushes in, pulling a small knife from her belt. Working quickly she cuts off a few of the precious mushrooms and a couple of small roots before retreating, Swinub alongside her. "We got what we came for, we should probably go find my Slurpuff, she's probably found what we need by now." The Shiinotic slowly rises to its feet, if you didn't make a choice soon, it would likely attack again.

Swinub gained 4 levels!
\Hugo glared at the Shiinotic who was slowly rising to its feet, preparing another attack.


“IT’S JUST BEEN REVOKED!”
he shouted. Heidi and Swinub gave Hugo a quizzical look, the non-sequitur not making much sense.

“Uh, sorry…must uh…must still be a little hazy,” Hugo said as he headed toward the exit of the cave, shooing Swinub and Heidi along with him. The cold, crisp air heightened all of Hugo’s senses, and for a moment, he had a flashback of his dream and his near encounter with the beast of the Edelweiss. Despite the tragic scene that had played out, Hugo knew in his heart that he needed to face the monster. Almost as if their two destinies were somehow intertwined. Was he imagining all of this? It was hard to say. The Shiinotic’s spores were wildly powerful. But it certainly felt real. There was only one way to find out for sure.

But at what cost would it come? Hugo looked down at his feet at Swinub. The Pig sniffed along the ground, his thick fur drudging through the snow. Despite being young and only with Hugo for a short amount of time, the Ice type fought valiantly against the much larger Shiinotic while Hugo was out of commission. Hugo smiled thinking how something so small and cute could have such resolve and strength of character. So what was Hugo risking in challenging the guardian? He wasn’t only putting himself at risk, but his team too. His partners. His friends.

Swinub must have been able to sense that someone was watching him, because he looked up at Hugo, his narrow brown eyes sparkling under tufts of heavy fur. Hugo smiled and the Pig responded by happily trouncing a head through the snow. Hugo knew he needed to face the guardian, but he needed to make sure he didn’t sacrifice too much in the process.

“So, we pretty much have everything we need, right?” he asked Heidi. “The different mushrooms and whatnot. “Your Slurpuff, she has the rest, you think?”

A cold wind blew past Hugo, causing him to shiver aggressively.

“…is she okay out here in this cold alone?”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:20 AM   #158
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 348
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

Both you and your Turtle partner wanted to see if this girl was really a girl or an illusion, you moved ever so slightly when your pokemon fired off some bubbles at her but you stopped because actually it was a smart test.... Albeit a little rude if you thought about it too hardly but still needed under these circumstances.

The bubbles pushed up against the little girl and popped upon her back, leaving wet stains in her teal blouse, and although she indeed wasn't hurt, well... Physically that is.

She turned around and looked back at you with a pain in her eyes, a distrustful glare... Actually tears were starting to form within her eyes. She dropped a stone that you hadn't previously seen her clutching and before you could call out to her and stop her, she ran away into the darkness towards Dead Mans Rest.

Well that was.... Unexpected....

You just lost your only lead of finding the imprisoned trainer and mother Lucario... Dejected you walked over to see what the little girl had dropped.

It appeared to be some sort of stone... A coal maybe? But it meant something to that girl... So perhaps, you thought, you'd hold on to it for now at least.

Back to the problem at hand. You had no way of finding out where those two ( and possibly more ) where held at. While you knew this is indeed where they had been kidnapped at, you didnt have any of the Lucario s memories to go on from here. Perhaps the Riolu who had fallen asleep on the way here held some answers as where to go... But that was a huge IF there.

Not only did the Riolu have extreme hunger and thirst when it was freed, but it probably couldn't have remembered if it walked or ran the path back to Dead mans rest. Perhaps it was even brought there by that little girl.....

But there was still something strange about that girl.
However you weren't given much of a chance to brood over your dilemma again, for you heard the loud voices of people walking this way, laughing and carring torches...

As well as a rarely seen tool made by humans.... Guns.

What will you do?
__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 AM   #159
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

Both you and your Turtle partner wanted to see if this girl was really a girl or an illusion, you moved ever so slightly when your pokemon fired off some bubbles at her but you stopped because actually it was a smart test.... Albeit a little rude if you thought about it too hardly but still needed under these circumstances.

The bubbles pushed up against the little girl and popped upon her back, leaving wet stains in her teal blouse, and although she indeed wasn't hurt, well... Physically that is.

She turned around and looked back at you with a pain in her eyes, a distrustful glare... Actually tears were starting to form within her eyes. She dropped a stone that you hadn't previously seen her clutching and before you could call out to her and stop her, she ran away into the darkness towards Dead Mans Rest.

Well that was.... Unexpected....

You just lost your only lead of finding the imprisoned trainer and mother Lucario... Dejected you walked over to see what the little girl had dropped.

It appeared to be some sort of stone... A coal maybe? But it meant something to that girl... So perhaps, you thought, you'd hold on to it for now at least.

Back to the problem at hand. You had no way of finding out where those two ( and possibly more ) where held at. While you knew this is indeed where they had been kidnapped at, you didnt have any of the Lucario s memories to go on from here. Perhaps the Riolu who had fallen asleep on the way here held some answers as where to go... But that was a huge IF there.

Not only did the Riolu have extreme hunger and thirst when it was freed, but it probably couldn't have remembered if it walked or ran the path back to Dead mans rest. Perhaps it was even brought there by that little girl.....

But there was still something strange about that girl.
However you weren't given much of a chance to brood over your dilemma again, for you heard the loud voices of people walking this way, laughing and carring torches...

As well as a rarely seen tool made by humans.... Guns.

What will you do?
"Well that didn't go as expected", Xander spoke mostly to Wartortle. The Water type shrugged, it was worth a shot. Xander gathered the stone, making sure to check it for any noticeable features. The girl might just have been holding it as a defensive implement or it could have some sort of value to her. Either way, he'd hang onto it for now.

With the girl gone, they had no leads, nothing to go off and it was starting to get dark. Thankfully it was the darkness that provided them with a lead. Torches in the distance and the sound of laughter, someone was coming. It seemed to be a rather large group, there were quite a few torches. Chimchar pointed anxiously, the Fire type's keener eyes managing to notice the guns they are carrying. "Quickly everyone, back into the bushes by the oasis." Xander spoke softly as he hurried his Pokemon back to cover, they quickly submerged themselves in the bushes. His mind was flooding with ideas on how to handle this situation, but he knew it was likely best to remain concealed until they new more about the situation at hand. They needed to get more information, but the Pokemon he had out now weren't exactly suited to stealth. Chimchar would do alright but at night his tail flame was a clear give away. Wartortle wouldn't move fast enough and Bayleef really wasn't suited to stealth. Xander retrieved a Pokeball from his belt and quickly released Froakie from its ball.

The Kalosian Water type looked around, as if to say, "why are we in a bush?" Xander quickly explained the situation before giving Froakie his orders. "Alright Froakie, you're going to want to Camouflage yourself with the sand and flank around them. Try to get us a head count. If you get spotted, just put their torches out with a Water Sport then Dig to safety. Try not to engage unless necessary, once we have more information we'll work out a plan as a team. Sound good?" The Froakie nodded, pulling up his Frubble hood as he prepared to undertake his stealth mission.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #160
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
King Ghidorah- You decide it is best to get a move on before the Shiinotic recovers, a smart move. Heidi reassures you that Slurpuff would be fine, she was used to wandering around the Cradle. The pair of you make your way back towards Heidi's camp, ingredients in hand. It is starting to get dark now, which makes navigation harder but Heidi seems to have a strong sense of direction and it isn't long before you spot the light of the campfire cutting through the trees.

You arrive back at the campsite to find Slurpuff warming herself by the fire, a small pile of Revival Herb placed neatly beside her. Heidi approaches her Pokemon, patting her on the head before collecting the herbs. She takes all the ingredients over to a small fold out table and begins to work. "I wouldn't advise starting your hike until the morning, rest here tonight and you can start as soon as the sun rises. There is a small portable PC over there if you'd like to switch out some of your Pokemon, I assume you plan on having your best on hand if you're planning on confronting the guardian." You look over to a small, metallic suit case that Heidi has pointed out, the PC was likely inside. Heidi leaves you to consider your options as she starts working on the special Heat Balm she promised to make you. The healer carefully juices some Rawst Berries, then dices up a couple of the Balm Mushrooms and places them in the juice to soak. After leaving the mushrooms for a few minutes she retrieves them and grinds them into a fine paste using a mortar and pestle. She pours the contents into 3 small jars and places them alongside a collection of the other gathered ingredients. "Alright Hugo, everything is good to go for the morning. There is a spare sleeping bag around somewhere if you need it, I'm going to get some sleep though." Heidi heads to bed, disappearing into a small tent, closely followed by her Slurpuff. In the morning you could start your hike up the Edelweiss, but were you prepared?

You received 2 Revival Herbs, 4 Energy Roots and 3 pots of Heat Balm

*Heat Balm- When applied to a Pokemon, the Pokemon will take 1/2 damage from Ice Type moves for about 5 updates. The Pokemon will also be immune to damage from Hail and any adverse effects from a cold environment. All Heat Balm must be consumed by the end of this adventure and is not to be used outside of this zone.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #161
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: While you're certain that curses don't just 'move in' as you bluntly put it, the offer to aid them is one you accept, fearing the other possibility, and with your request, Ko-phia and Omuo look at each other with only a hint of nervousness. Whether it was your comment on customs or something else is unknown, but a few words spoken in the Lythaki tongue later, the chieftain leaves the hut, presumably to let the scouting party know of your part in the investigation.

"You are kind to help, yet learning the customs of the Leniazom people took me years, personally. However, I believe I can give you a quick rundown while we wait to embark," the shaman replies, and even through the mask you can tell the man is grateful for your part as he begins to discuss some basics. While most of the tribes on the river are relatively peaceful, if a little wary of outsiders, most of the time normal customs wouldn't intrude upon them, and the few which are hostile to outsiders are further down the river. He also advises a small offering of fruit or natural trinkets to garner favour, while making comment that artificial objects may cause some concern among the Lythanki, citing their traditional roots.

Around fifteen minutes later, Omuo returns and relays to Ko-phia that the party is ready to head out to the neighbouring tribe, and with a quick check on your pokemon ensuring their health, you and the group begin to leave when the shaman calls on the troop leader, presumably to remind them of their mission. While you wait, you take a quick look at the group, and discover a familiar Sceptile among your number, the grass pokemon staring at you with indifference, yet a slight hint of respect seems to emanate from the yellow eyes. The leader returns, and begins calling names, taking a roll call, and you give somewhat of a nod at his reasonably accurate pronunciation of your name (something like 'all-ess').

With all said and done, your group begins to travel upstream, the Zl'anaian tribesmen keeping a fairly vigilant eye out around you, and the Sceptile walking by you, presumably to keep you in check. After an hour or so of travel, one of the men stops with a harshly whispered call, and your entire group stops. It isn't too long before the reason becomes clear, as you hear some crashing sounds approaching, and the men ready some apricorn balls, hand crafted and surprisingly high quality.

Out of the trees a pair of Mankey come bounding, and you know something is wrong from the fear in their eyes. Just as quickly, the reason smashes through the bushes, as a Primeape barrels onto the scene, eyes practically red with anger as the ape begins to stamp around. It catches sight of your group, and its already boiling rage bursts beyond breaking point, the pig monkey rushing forward with arms outstretched, ready to punish your scouting group for daring to be in its way. Some more shrieks echo through the bush as another three equally berserk Primeape leap out, and the scouting group immediately engages with frantic barks and calls as pokemon are sent out. The first one on the scene swings round and clotheslines one of the men to the ground with a sickening crunch, and as he twitches from the sudden impact, it balls its fists up and stares right into your eyes with indescribable bloodlust. You're next on its hitlist.
Alice listened to the explanation of customs with interest. She had plenty of berries and other foods on her, so hopefully if she offered them then the other tribes would at least be grateful for the gesture even if not interested in the items themselves. They'd always pleased Pokemon, at least, so Alice figured their own might be happy for them. It didn't take long before they were prepped and hitting the road, and in the hour consumed by the trek so far, Alice had mostly kept to herself. It was hot, and she was interested in her surroundings, as well as not falling behind. The Sceptile was obviously there as a deterrent, but Alice just found it more reassuring than anything else. It was agile. Nothing was sneaking up on them like that.

One of the men spoke up, albeit quietly, and Alice frowned as they stopped. "What's happening?" She asked, also keeping her voice down, but soon found out. Trouble had found them, and as a bunch of scared Mankey broke from the bush, Alice reached into her bag for her own apricorn balls. Maybe later she'd be enquiring about theirs, but right now, the young woman was more concerned for the crazed Primeape beating their weight around. These Pokemon never held back, and the way the first assailant looked at her was almost petrifying.

"Axel! Help me sort this out!" No fanciness here, Alice simply slammed a finger on the button and released her Abra in a slew of hearts. The sleepy psychic landed on the grass, now an obstacle between the fighter and the human, before seemingly acting on his own accord. That wasn't the case, though. They were attuned enough that her orders didn't need speaking unless Axel was quite distracted or otherwise caught up. Combining a Blowback attack with an Icy Wind, Axel attempted to sweep the Primeape away with maximum unpleasantness. If it worked out - and maybe even if it didn't - he'd propel himself into it with a powerful Zen Headbutt. They weren't playing around, either!
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:10 PM   #162
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- You decide it is best to get a move on before the Shiinotic recovers, a smart move. Heidi reassures you that Slurpuff would be fine, she was used to wandering around the Cradle. The pair of you make your way back towards Heidi's camp, ingredients in hand. It is starting to get dark now, which makes navigation harder but Heidi seems to have a strong sense of direction and it isn't long before you spot the light of the campfire cutting through the trees.

You arrive back at the campsite to find Slurpuff warming herself by the fire, a small pile of Revival Herb placed neatly beside her. Heidi approaches her Pokemon, patting her on the head before collecting the herbs. She takes all the ingredients over to a small fold out table and begins to work. "I wouldn't advise starting your hike until the morning, rest here tonight and you can start as soon as the sun rises. There is a small portable PC over there if you'd like to switch out some of your Pokemon, I assume you plan on having your best on hand if you're planning on confronting the guardian." You look over to a small, metallic suit case that Heidi has pointed out, the PC was likely inside. Heidi leaves you to consider your options as she starts working on the special Heat Balm she promised to make you. The healer carefully juices some Rawst Berries, then dices up a couple of the Balm Mushrooms and places them in the juice to soak. After leaving the mushrooms for a few minutes she retrieves them and grinds them into a fine paste using a mortar and pestle. She pours the contents into 3 small jars and places them alongside a collection of the other gathered ingredients. "Alright Hugo, everything is good to go for the morning. There is a spare sleeping bag around somewhere if you need it, I'm going to get some sleep though." Heidi heads to bed, disappearing into a small tent, closely followed by her Slurpuff. In the morning you could start your hike up the Edelweiss, but were you prepared?

You received 2 Revival Herbs, 4 Energy Roots and 3 pots of Heat Balm

*Heat Balm- When applied to a Pokemon, the Pokemon will take 1/2 damage from Ice Type moves for about 5 updates. The Pokemon will also be immune to damage from Hail and any adverse effects from a cold environment. All Heat Balm must be consumed by the end of this adventure and is not to be used outside of this zone.
”Well, I guess this is it,” Hugo said to Swinub who, after having been through the wringer, looked like he needed some rest. Hugo recalled him to his Pokeball, gathered up the materials Heidi had put together, and headed toward the PC. Heidi was right. Hugo needed to put his best foot forward for the Edelweiss and the Guardian. If Hugo wanted to alter the seeming course of the fate he had seen in his vision, he needed his absolute best.

He placed the Pokeballs he wished to swap on the machine, pressed the button, and pocketed those he received in return.

Despite everything he had been through, Hugo found it hard to sleep, his mind racing with excitement. After tossing and turning for what seemed like hours in the sleeping bag, he decided to sit by the fire for a bit longer. Hugo stared into the crackling fire, watching the wispy smoke dissipate into the frigid air of the cradle. Could he do this? Was this a big mistake? Was he – once again – getting in over his head?

No. Not this time. For the first time he could remember, Hugo actually felt like he had a purpose. Like this was all meant to be happening. That this wasn’t some shortsighted foolishness, but rather that everything he had done was leading up to this moment, and now he needed to fulfill his destiny. He was the Prince that was Promised.

Wait. Wrong franchise.

Either way, Hugo’s sense of purpose washed over him in a wave of serenity. He made his way back to his sleeping bag and crawled inside. He would leave for the Edelweiss first thing in the morning. “It’s time,” he thought to himself as he drifted to sleep, his last sight the thousands of stars sparkling above him.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #163
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,672
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Meetan: Faced with a furious fighting type, you very quickly respond to the impending threat with something you're sure is capable of defending you as the pink Abra emerges from your own apricorn ball and hovers before the Primeape, ready to fend it off. The chromatically different psychic pokemon's appearance drives the already angry pokemon even further off the edge, light red or pink, and it barrels towards the pair of you, fists reeling in preparation to knock Axel's block clean off, only for your companion to inhale and blow forth a small breath of wind. Said wind builds up in power thanks to the Abra's psychic powers and with a slight chill tapping into his icy energy reserves the frigid gale flies forth into the pig monkey, throwing it clean off its feet and sending it hurtling back a solid ten metres or so, landing in some mud.

While this is happening, the other tribesmen and their pokemon fight their own Primeape. Two of them fire off a pair of mud bombs at one of the chimps, while a Toxicroak deftly gets into a cross chop-off with another, while the Sceptile demonstrates its mastery of the jungle by duelling the third of the wild pokemon, blocking each and every frenzied swing with glowing blades. Your brief distraction is enough for the Primeape to get its bearings, and it retaliates very swiftly by grabbing a nearby branch and flinging the stick at Axel like a javelin. The object breaks apart on impact and staggers the Abra, not doing too much damage despite the type advantage, but just enough to grab your attention. Opting to take the fight to the Primeape, Axel rushes forth, head brimming with psychic energy as he flies into his opponent and butts into its face, the zen headbutt causing the pokemon to scream out, though it seems more in annoyance than actual pain.

It is then you realise that sending a pokemon which is not known for physical capabilities to engage in physical combat against a pokemon which is may not be the best of plans. In close range, Axel is powerless to avoid the vented frustrations of your opponent, taking a point blank double fisted thump on the head before being promptly launched back by the revenge of the pokemon, and as he tumbles to your feet you can see that amplified power really taking effect as Axel climbs to his feet, winded and pained, and you feel another assault of that caliber could leave the pokemon in considerable trouble. As if on cue, the Primeape rushes towards the pair of you, arms thrashing around as it seeks to make you pay for daring to get in its way...


Lil'twick: You and Flabebe had crafted a smorgasborg of delectable delights, and as you glow in the praise of your newfound friend the trickery of transport comes to mind. However, you hadn't came alone, and with a small flourish you release the rest of your squad to help with the transportation. Checking over your inventory, you formulate a plan of action, tasking the lightweight Honey and Sprinkles to keep an eye on the goods, to which the pair give a chirp of acknowledgement. Giving Souffle the job of carrying the pollen candy cups, the Igglybuff hops up and carefully takes a hold of the container, getting a balance not to spill any of the treats without much trouble. Cott meanwhile was tasked with ferrying the cinnamon nanab loaves and while the Swirlix didn't have much in the way of arms, the soft body and sticky grip of the pokemon helps ensure that all four of the loaves are secure upon his head. Cott wobbles a little bit, but once loaded up finds his footing strong enough.

Turning your attention towards Carrot, the Carbink is thankful to have some natural levitation abilities as you prop the shortcake tray onto their head, and with a couple of seconds of balancing the pokemon gets a steady motion going. Meanwhile Custard flutters by your side as you stack both cupcake boxes on top of each other and help your starter get a grip of them. The Togetic doesn't struggle at all as you ask Flabebe to take the platter of cream horns on this first trip, to which they give a positive response while you use both your arms to take each pot of nectar dip. While the weight isn't too bad, you nod to the Flabebe indicating your group is ready to move.

"The arboreal castle is just over there, it shouldn't take us too long!" they announce, before you and your troupe head off for the tree. One or two of your pokemon wobble a little, but surprisingly the trip goes along swimmingly, as though Custard's super luck and happy nature is empowering you and your crew. Reaching the tree, you can see a number of pokemon milling around, and as a couple of them notice you there's a slight tension in the air despite the festive atmosphere.

"Hello, friends! I've been blessed with this kindhearted giant who's helping me out, if you could take these goods from us?" Flabebe trills to the pokemon, who quickly drop their apprehensive nature at the sight of you. A couple of Bellossom retrieve Cott and Souffle's goods, while a kindly Tropius offers their wings with the support of a Butterfree to carry the rest of your delivery, and as you turn to head back you see Flabebe nervousle explaining to the other pokemon the rest of the inventory to come before rejoining you. "The Prince is due to arrive shortly, we don't have too much time left before the celebrations begin!"

Making haste back to Flabebe's bakery, you quickly organise the other half of the setup. Souffle collects the other pollen candy cup, while Cott ferries all three sets of marshmallow mushrooms on his head, once again keeping a strong grip on them with his fur. The crisp treats are placed on Carrot's head, and Custard easily lifts the poffin basket in his hands while Flabebe takes the pastry eclairs, looking at you with some worry as you eye up your masterpiece. The Bloom cake is certainly something spectacular, yet it's also big and surprisingly heavy, and as you take it in your arms you feel the slight strain of it. However, you thankfully had backup as Honey flits forth and takes position beneath the cake. Each time you felt one arm getting tired the Cutiefly would fly up and give you a little support, enough to relieve some pressure off while still keeping a firm grip of the cake, while Sprinkles offered some further support to your other pokemon, helping to right items that were offering to fall.

With your crew arriving at the tree once more, the four pokemon from before were once more on hand to help set up and take the goods off your hands, though they left you and the cake alone, instead marvelling at the creation. Taking a quick inventory check, you find everything to be accounted for, and with Custard flying by your side to aid the support of the cake, you wait outside the tree wondering where the entrance was.

Your answers come quickly as a wizened creature clumps out of a set of bushes, pointed nose and fierce yellow eyes painting something of a sinister picture. The Shiftry looks down at Flabebe, then up at you, seemingly regarding your presence, before gazing back at the flower fairy. A few tense seconds pass before the pokemon speaks.

"...you may enter, Flabebe. If I could speak to the hoomin in privacy though..." it creaks, voice like the north wind. Flabebe turns towards you, giving a slightly panicked squeak before darting in through the bushes. The Wicked pokemon trods towards you, and stares at you for a few seconds, as though scrutinising you before continuing.

"I see some semblance of...past deeds. Association...with misfits...yet a kind heart...hmm. You came here from outside, yes? You gave support...to someone who worried about today..."

Turning to the tree, the Shiftry gives the trunk a few small taps with leafy hands, and before your eyes the bark wraps away to reveal a passage. "You're a bit too big to use the standard entrance, boy. However, you've a charitable soul...lord knows we need more good people like you at a time like this. Come along, now...don't want to turn down our hospitality, do we?" Giving you something of a kind smile, the grass pokemon waves their hand, beckoning you into the tree, surprisingly kind despite the outward appearance and reputation the species are known for. Well, it would be rude to make a cake and not show up to someone's party with it, right?
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #164
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
King Ghidorah- You eventually manage to get some sleep, however it is interrupted and unrewarding. How could you sleep when you knew what was ahead of you? You'd gathered your best team for the trial ahead, you just hoped that you would be able to change your fate, if that is what the Shiinotic's spores had shown you. You rise at the crack of dawn, Heidi and her Slurpuff are yet to emerge from their tent, but you weren't exactly about to wait around for her to drag herself out of bed, you had a mountain to climb!

You make your way out of the camp, there isn't really anyway you can get lost, since your goal is the giant mountain looming over the top of you. The upper portions of the Edelweiss are shrouded in a crown of clouds, making the peak concealed for now. After stumbling between the trees for a while you eventually find a trail, making the trip towards the base of the Edelweiss a little more smooth. Following the trail leads you straight to the base of the mountain you plan on scaling, however you are met with an immediate obstacle. A large tree has fallen over the trail and is blocking the easiest way up the mountain. There is no way of easily navigating around the tree with the ledges too steep on each side. Perhaps you could find another path or a way to move the tree? The right Pokemon would probably be capable of Climbing up the Rock ledge to get around the tree, it was just a matter of which option would work best for you.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 09:42 AM   #165
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Meetan: Faced with a furious fighting type, you very quickly respond to the impending threat with something you're sure is capable of defending you as the pink Abra emerges from your own apricorn ball and hovers before the Primeape, ready to fend it off. The chromatically different psychic pokemon's appearance drives the already angry pokemon even further off the edge, light red or pink, and it barrels towards the pair of you, fists reeling in preparation to knock Axel's block clean off, only for your companion to inhale and blow forth a small breath of wind. Said wind builds up in power thanks to the Abra's psychic powers and with a slight chill tapping into his icy energy reserves the frigid gale flies forth into the pig monkey, throwing it clean off its feet and sending it hurtling back a solid ten metres or so, landing in some mud.

While this is happening, the other tribesmen and their pokemon fight their own Primeape. Two of them fire off a pair of mud bombs at one of the chimps, while a Toxicroak deftly gets into a cross chop-off with another, while the Sceptile demonstrates its mastery of the jungle by duelling the third of the wild pokemon, blocking each and every frenzied swing with glowing blades. Your brief distraction is enough for the Primeape to get its bearings, and it retaliates very swiftly by grabbing a nearby branch and flinging the stick at Axel like a javelin. The object breaks apart on impact and staggers the Abra, not doing too much damage despite the type advantage, but just enough to grab your attention. Opting to take the fight to the Primeape, Axel rushes forth, head brimming with psychic energy as he flies into his opponent and butts into its face, the zen headbutt causing the pokemon to scream out, though it seems more in annoyance than actual pain.

It is then you realise that sending a pokemon which is not known for physical capabilities to engage in physical combat against a pokemon which is may not be the best of plans. In close range, Axel is powerless to avoid the vented frustrations of your opponent, taking a point blank double fisted thump on the head before being promptly launched back by the revenge of the pokemon, and as he tumbles to your feet you can see that amplified power really taking effect as Axel climbs to his feet, winded and pained, and you feel another assault of that caliber could leave the pokemon in considerable trouble. As if on cue, the Primeape rushes towards the pair of you, arms thrashing around as it seeks to make you pay for daring to get in its way...
Alice had quickly realised her mistake. Axel was one of her toughest Pokemon, but the style that they fought with together wasn't going to work here. If he dodged with his teleports, the Primeape would likely just maul her to death instead, and in spite of Axel's strength the bastard had far more. She had never seen him get pummelled like this, ever, and it was making her frightened and sick to her stomach. Even ignoring the audience and pressure that they had, she was worried of the consequences if Axel went down here. The Arboreal Cradle was already renowned for being a merciless place, and right now, they were seeing it. Fighting past her guilt and panic, Alice called out to the Abra: "Axel, hang back. I've got an idea."

The Pokemon was stunned, although it didn't show nor did it last for more than a moment. He could read his trainer's intentions, and soon a new Pokemon had taken the field: their grumpy healer, Samantha, a hardy Snubbull who had faced scarier things than a tantrumming ape. "Sammi! Get in there with your Super Fang and Play Rough!"

The little dog unleashed a Roar that was mightier than its small, cute appearance might have let on before rushing into the fray. Axel had floated back to be at Alice's side, a last line of defense against these frantic monsters and soothing to her in this scene of brutality. Teeth shimmering, the Snubbull was eager to get into the scrap. Many Snubbull were timid. Samantha, on the other hand? Definitely not.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #166
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- You eventually manage to get some sleep, however it is interrupted and unrewarding. How could you sleep when you knew what was ahead of you? You'd gathered your best team for the trial ahead, you just hoped that you would be able to change your fate, if that is what the Shiinotic's spores had shown you. You rise at the crack of dawn, Heidi and her Slurpuff are yet to emerge from their tent, but you weren't exactly about to wait around for her to drag herself out of bed, you had a mountain to climb!

You make your way out of the camp, there isn't really anyway you can get lost, since your goal is the giant mountain looming over the top of you. The upper portions of the Edelweiss are shrouded in a crown of clouds, making the peak concealed for now. After stumbling between the trees for a while you eventually find a trail, making the trip towards the base of the Edelweiss a little more smooth. Following the trail leads you straight to the base of the mountain you plan on scaling, however you are met with an immediate obstacle. A large tree has fallen over the trail and is blocking the easiest way up the mountain. There is no way of easily navigating around the tree with the ledges too steep on each side. Perhaps you could find another path or a way to move the tree? The right Pokemon would probably be capable of Climbing up the Rock ledge to get around the tree, it was just a matter of which option would work best for you.
Hugo knew his trek up the Edelweiss wasn’t going to be a simple one, so he shouldn’t have been so surprised when he hit his first literal roadblock before he even reached the mountain. He examined the large tree, finding that there was no simple way to get around it. Could he try to plow straight through it? Maybe. But that would likely come at a cost to whichever Pokemon he chose to use as a battering ram and he needed to try to keep everyone in fit, fighting shape for his inevitable encounter with the guardian. While Rock Climb would have been useful, no one on his team had been fitted for the move, so his options were quickly becoming limited.

Can’t go over it. Can’t go around it. Can’t go through it.

Then we’ll have to go under it.

Pulling a Pokeball from his waist, Hugo released Bisharp into the cold air of the Cradle. Perhaps the only thing colder was Bisharp’s expression as he surveyed his new surroundings, thoroughly unimpressed with what he found. Bisharp was undeniably one of the toughest members of Hugo’s team, his toughness matched by his cunning mind. As a Pawniard, he led Hugo through the air ducts of the New Fizz City power plant to escape a…messy situation. Today, they would attempt a similar strategy.

“Bisharp,” Hugo said solemnly, ordering the commander to attention. “See this tree? This is the first obstacle on our path to the Edelweiss guardian. I’ve had a vision. You, and I , and the others. It’s our destiny to slay the beast. We need to get beyond this tree.”

Bisharp looked away. Perhaps he wasn’t buying in.

“Maybe you think its nonsense, but look at me.

LOOK AT ME!”

The Steel-type swung his head around angrily, locking eyes with Hugo.

“This is serious. We need to do this.

We don’t have the ability to get over this and I don’t to put you or anyone else at risk by trying to get through it. We need to go under it. I want you to use Dig. Create a path under the tree and we will tunnel through together. Do you understand?”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:27 PM   #167
Lil'twick
Warrior of Darkness
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norvrant
Posts: 2,928
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Lil'twick: You and Flabebe had crafted a smorgasborg of delectable delights, and as you glow in the praise of your newfound friend the trickery of transport comes to mind. However, you hadn't came alone, and with a small flourish you release the rest of your squad to help with the transportation. Checking over your inventory, you formulate a plan of action, tasking the lightweight Honey and Sprinkles to keep an eye on the goods, to which the pair give a chirp of acknowledgement. Giving Souffle the job of carrying the pollen candy cups, the Igglybuff hops up and carefully takes a hold of the container, getting a balance not to spill any of the treats without much trouble. Cott meanwhile was tasked with ferrying the cinnamon nanab loaves and while the Swirlix didn't have much in the way of arms, the soft body and sticky grip of the pokemon helps ensure that all four of the loaves are secure upon his head. Cott wobbles a little bit, but once loaded up finds his footing strong enough.

Turning your attention towards Carrot, the Carbink is thankful to have some natural levitation abilities as you prop the shortcake tray onto their head, and with a couple of seconds of balancing the pokemon gets a steady motion going. Meanwhile Custard flutters by your side as you stack both cupcake boxes on top of each other and help your starter get a grip of them. The Togetic doesn't struggle at all as you ask Flabebe to take the platter of cream horns on this first trip, to which they give a positive response while you use both your arms to take each pot of nectar dip. While the weight isn't too bad, you nod to the Flabebe indicating your group is ready to move.

"The arboreal castle is just over there, it shouldn't take us too long!" they announce, before you and your troupe head off for the tree. One or two of your pokemon wobble a little, but surprisingly the trip goes along swimmingly, as though Custard's super luck and happy nature is empowering you and your crew. Reaching the tree, you can see a number of pokemon milling around, and as a couple of them notice you there's a slight tension in the air despite the festive atmosphere.

"Hello, friends! I've been blessed with this kindhearted giant who's helping me out, if you could take these goods from us?" Flabebe trills to the pokemon, who quickly drop their apprehensive nature at the sight of you. A couple of Bellossom retrieve Cott and Souffle's goods, while a kindly Tropius offers their wings with the support of a Butterfree to carry the rest of your delivery, and as you turn to head back you see Flabebe nervousle explaining to the other pokemon the rest of the inventory to come before rejoining you. "The Prince is due to arrive shortly, we don't have too much time left before the celebrations begin!"

Making haste back to Flabebe's bakery, you quickly organise the other half of the setup. Souffle collects the other pollen candy cup, while Cott ferries all three sets of marshmallow mushrooms on his head, once again keeping a strong grip on them with his fur. The crisp treats are placed on Carrot's head, and Custard easily lifts the poffin basket in his hands while Flabebe takes the pastry eclairs, looking at you with some worry as you eye up your masterpiece. The Bloom cake is certainly something spectacular, yet it's also big and surprisingly heavy, and as you take it in your arms you feel the slight strain of it. However, you thankfully had backup as Honey flits forth and takes position beneath the cake. Each time you felt one arm getting tired the Cutiefly would fly up and give you a little support, enough to relieve some pressure off while still keeping a firm grip of the cake, while Sprinkles offered some further support to your other pokemon, helping to right items that were offering to fall.

With your crew arriving at the tree once more, the four pokemon from before were once more on hand to help set up and take the goods off your hands, though they left you and the cake alone, instead marvelling at the creation. Taking a quick inventory check, you find everything to be accounted for, and with Custard flying by your side to aid the support of the cake, you wait outside the tree wondering where the entrance was.

Your answers come quickly as a wizened creature clumps out of a set of bushes, pointed nose and fierce yellow eyes painting something of a sinister picture. The Shiftry looks down at Flabebe, then up at you, seemingly regarding your presence, before gazing back at the flower fairy. A few tense seconds pass before the pokemon speaks.

"...you may enter, Flabebe. If I could speak to the hoomin in privacy though..." it creaks, voice like the north wind. Flabebe turns towards you, giving a slightly panicked squeak before darting in through the bushes. The Wicked pokemon trods towards you, and stares at you for a few seconds, as though scrutinising you before continuing.

"I see some semblance of...past deeds. Association...with misfits...yet a kind heart...hmm. You came here from outside, yes? You gave support...to someone who worried about today..."

Turning to the tree, the Shiftry gives the trunk a few small taps with leafy hands, and before your eyes the bark wraps away to reveal a passage. "You're a bit too big to use the standard entrance, boy. However, you've a charitable soul...lord knows we need more good people like you at a time like this. Come along, now...don't want to turn down our hospitality, do we?" Giving you something of a kind smile, the grass pokemon waves their hand, beckoning you into the tree, surprisingly kind despite the outward appearance and reputation the species are known for. Well, it would be rude to make a cake and not show up to someone's party with it, right?
The boy was happy that his plan worked relatively well. There were a few spots that he thought things wouldn't work out, but with a bit of luck things managed to go smoothly. He was happy, it would be a shame if these fresh baked pastries were ruined by clumsiness. He thanked everyone who helped before they parked at the tree.

A Shiftry soon emerged from the tree, and had a quick exchange with the Flabebe. It seemed the small flower Pokemon was scared of the Shiftry, probably due to the reputation of Shiftry as a whole and its scary demeanor. Though, as soon as the Flabebe went inside, the Shiftry looked over Leo. It felt his very soul was being stared at. Sure, he had already experienced this once... But it was a fortune teller, not a Pokemon. It felt... different.

Shiftry's analysis of him was over after a few minutes, and the Pokemon knocked on the tree before him. A larger entrance emerged, one that seemed to be used left often than the other one. Leo let out a sigh of relief. He was good to go, and his earlier actions made the Shiftry happy as well. It was only natural for him to accept the offer. After all, he had to see the Prince's reaction to the amazing cake he made with everyone! Though the excitement quickly subsided as he turned to the Shiftry.

"Thank you," he said in a quiet, meek voice before heading to the entrance. The party was going to start soon, after all. He didn't want to miss it.
__________________


The road that we walk, is lost in the flood
Here proud angels bathe in their wages of blood.
At this, the world’s end, do we cast off tomorrow.

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:41 PM   #168
Naru
Looking Cool Joker!
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Naru- You agree with Harrow, the Gabite certainly seemed to be protecting the Garchomp. That meant you likely weren't continuing your pursuit without stopping them first. Thankfully you have a few seasoned fighters at your disposal who are more than capable of dealing with the threat at hand. Alastor rushes the closest Gabite, slamming a Power-Up Punch into its jaw, dealing a handy blow while increasing his own attack. He follows up with a Force Palm using his left hand, striking the same Gabite in the chest and leaving it temporarily winded. Unfortunately one of its allies comes to its aid, firing a Mud Shot at the Lucario. The Steel type is knocked sideways by the Super Effective blow that also leaves his fur coated in mud, slowing his movements slightly. Eris leaps at the Gabite who targeted Alastor, repetitively striking it as she Plays Rough. The Gabite is forced back by the Super Effective assault, which is slowly but surely wearing it down. Unfortunately, just like Alastor, focusing on one target leaves her flank open. The Mawile is completely unaware that the third Gabite is preparing to Incinerate both her and Alastor. A tongue of flame erupts from the Dragon, catching both Steel types before they can react. The flames eventually stop as a powerful yet surprising Ice Beam strikes the Gabite. Gogoat manages to knock the Dragon unconscious, making great use of its Nature Power!

"Keep on your toes, there is only two now but you can't afford to narrow your focus in a situation like this." Harrow and his Gogoat had shifted the odds in your favour. The remaining two Gabite were looking fairly warn out as well, Alastor and Eris could surely finish them off. You look around and eventually spot Calix, the Alolan Meowth tumbling through the snow with a Gible. He scratches at the Gible, only for his claws to be met with Metallic Claws as the Gible fights back. The Dark type flails around wildly, dealing an increasing amount of damage to the opposing Dragon.
Olivia felt somewhat embarrassed at her mistake in the battle. She was a new trainer, sure, but she did not want Harrow knowing that. To him, she must look like a tremendous fool right now, and that somewhat upset her. She blushed slightly, about to apologize to Harrow before noticing her small Meowth tussling in the dirt. "Calix!" Olivia calls out, realizing her beloved pet has been tussling with a baby dragon. Alastor gives a huff, focusing on the two Gabite in front of them.

'Eyes up, Princess. Calix can handle himself, Eris and I need commands.' He spoke gruffly, eyes narrowed at the two dragons that him and Eris were still squared off against. Olivia took a deep breath, knowing that the Lucario was right. Although not trained in combat, it appeared as though the small feline was holding his own quite well against the dragon. He knew very little in terms of attacks, but he was making do with what he had. He continued to Flail with the small dragon, he dug his claws into it's scaly flesh angrily, unleashing a Dark Pulse in frustration.

"Alright... Alastor! Hit it hard with another Dragon Pulse! If it still feels like kicking around after that, smack it with a Drain Punch --- if you manage to knock it out, focus that Drain Punch on Eris's Gabite." She turned to her Mawile. "Eris, hit the other one with a Play Rough! Try to knock it out!" Both Pokemon nodded, springing forward with their attacks in mind.
__________________

tumblr fizzy bubbles last.fm toyhou.se
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#0573
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:40 AM   #169
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
King Ghidorah- Not to be turned away by the first obstacle you're met with, you call on your Bisharp to help you. You do your best to convince the Dark type about your pursuit of 'destiny' but you can't help but feel like it doesn't quite believe as much as you do. Despite this, it seems content to help you on your mad path towards near certain doom. Instructing the Bisharp to dig beneath the fallen tree, the blade covered Pokemon approaches and begins to claw away at the ground. The ground is hard and compact, making it hard for the Steel type to dig through, but he slowly makes progress. The Bisharp slowly disappears beneath the tree, its legs flailing around like a Magikarp as it attempts to burrow under the fallen tree. Eventually the warn Bisharp emerges on the other side of the tree, letting out a sigh of relief before it screeches at you to follow

Worming your way through the hole, you soon make it onto the other side. Scrambling back to your feet, you dust yourself off and look at the path ahead. The path tapers upwards on a rather steady incline, but you have a feeling that the path will get steeper further up. As you prepare to continue along the path, you hear a loud crash not too far away, likely just around the next bend in the path. What could it be? Was someone in trouble? Maybe it was a Pokemon on a rampage? Either way, it was likely best to proceed with caution.


Naru- As Alastor urges you to place some faith in Calix and concentrate on the Gabite, you issue your orders to hopefully put a end to the ambush. Alastor and Eris attack in unison, Alastor pushing his palms together as he fires off another Dragon Pulse, while Eris rushes forward to Play Rough once more. The Dragon Pulse strikes true, leaving the targeted Gabite battered and bruised. Eris strikes with similar success, her powerful super effective attack proving all too much for the Gabite to handle. The battered pair look to each other, they know their is no chance of a win here. Working together, they kick up a powerful Sand Tomb which consumes Alastor, Eris and Harrow's Gogoat.

"They're getting away!" Harrow shouts as he shields his eyes from the stinging sand. You can just make out the three Gabite retreating, but with the Sand Tomb in effect, your Pokemon would be unable to pursue. "They were our best bet at locating the Garchomp, we'll have to start from scratch now."

Not exactly. Calix continues his wrestle with the Gible. The Alolan Meowth continues to flail around, but the Gible isn't giving up. However, when Calix smashes the Dragon with a Dark Pulse, it flinches, leaving an opening. Until now Harrow hadn't even noticed the Gible and Meowth, his attention focused solely on the more threatening Gabite. With the Gabite gone, Gible was the only lead you had left. "That Gible, you've got to catch it! It can lead us straight to the Garchomp!"

Alastor gained 3 levels
Eris gained 3 levels
Calix gained 4 levels

You have the option to capture the lvl 12 Male Gible. It has HA Rough Skin and the EM Metal Claw.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 02:59 AM   #170
Naru
Looking Cool Joker!
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Naru- As Alastor urges you to place some faith in Calix and concentrate on the Gabite, you issue your orders to hopefully put a end to the ambush. Alastor and Eris attack in unison, Alastor pushing his palms together as he fires off another Dragon Pulse, while Eris rushes forward to Play Rough once more. The Dragon Pulse strikes true, leaving the targeted Gabite battered and bruised. Eris strikes with similar success, her powerful super effective attack proving all too much for the Gabite to handle. The battered pair look to each other, they know their is no chance of a win here. Working together, they kick up a powerful Sand Tomb which consumes Alastor, Eris and Harrow's Gogoat.

"They're getting away!" Harrow shouts as he shields his eyes from the stinging sand. You can just make out the three Gabite retreating, but with the Sand Tomb in effect, your Pokemon would be unable to pursue. "They were our best bet at locating the Garchomp, we'll have to start from scratch now."

Not exactly. Calix continues his wrestle with the Gible. The Alolan Meowth continues to flail around, but the Gible isn't giving up. However, when Calix smashes the Dragon with a Dark Pulse, it flinches, leaving an opening. Until now Harrow hadn't even noticed the Gible and Meowth, his attention focused solely on the more threatening Gabite. With the Gabite gone, Gible was the only lead you had left. "That Gible, you've got to catch it! It can lead us straight to the Garchomp!"

Alastor gained 3 levels
Eris gained 3 levels
Calix gained 4 levels

You have the option to capture the lvl 12 Male Gible. It has HA Rough Skin and the EM Metal Claw.
Olivia covered her eyes from the swirling sands, instinctively moving her hand into the cloak to pull Eris back into her Pokeball --- thanking the Mawile for her services towards her. Meanwhile, Calix's tussle had caught the attention of Harrow, who realized that it was the only way to catch up to the Garchomp. Olivia, only ever having caught one Pokemon before this moment turned to Alastor.

'He's right.' The Lucario murmured telepathically. 'That little dragon would probably lead us right to the nest.' He narrowed his eyes at the small blue dragon. 'I think Calix has weakened it enough that we should be able to catch it.' Olivia nodded, eying the tiny dragon. She fumbled around in her robes, producing a Great Ball. She took a deep breath, chucking it at the small dragon who was their last hope in aiding Harrow recover what they had messed up. As soon as the ball escaped her hand, she watched as the blue sphere twisted in the air before smacking the small dragon in head. It gave a pitiful little squeak before the familiar red light of the ball sucked it inside. It landed on the ground, shaking once... twice....

Click.

Olivia sighed with relief, picking up the Great Ball and producing the Pokemon once again. The creature looked baffled upon coming out of the ball, glancing at it's new master, Alastor, and Harrow.

"Alright... uh.." Olivia, squatted, trying to think of a proper name for the small dragon so it would feel more comfortable with her (as well as her not just call it 'Gible' constantly). "Typhon." She continued, "Can you show us where your bigger friends went?" The Gible looked at Harrow and Olivia tentatively, before turning back into the storm, beginning to walk.

'I hope we can trust him...' Alastor murmured, walking closely behind the small dragon and signaling Harrow and Olivia to follow.

---
[Alastor grew to Level 26
Eris grew to Level 7
Calix grew to Level 12


Annnnd Adding Typhon to my team :3]
__________________

tumblr fizzy bubbles last.fm toyhou.se
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#0573
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:08 PM   #171
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
Naru- Eager to capture the Gible, you toss at Great Ball at the worn out Dragon and after a couple of shakes the ball settles, confirming the capture. You don't keep your new addition tucked away for long though, releasing the newly christened Typhon from his ball you give your first orders as his trainer. The Gible looks a little reluctant and apprehensive, sure you were its trainer now, but asking this of it would mean betraying its family. Eventually he concedes, perhaps he can sense your desire to help? Alastor seems cautious about the new addition, but for now you had no choice but to place your faith in him. Harrow mounts his Gogoat as you mount climb back onto Helios who'd been waiting patiently for the conflict to end. You trot along after the Gible, making sure to keep up with him in case he tried something tricky.

Following Typhon, you continue your downward trek into the Descent. Harrow remains silent for the most part, he looks around cautiously, not wanting to be caught by surprise again. "You and your Pokemon handled yourselves well back there", Harrow complements before falling silent once more. You spot your destination before Typhon comes to a stop, a large tunnel carved into the Descent. Harrow urges his Gogoat forwards as he spots a collection of melted mining equipment, accompanied by some scorched bodies. "Idiots, they deserved to perish like this", Harrow turns to speak to you as you approach, "they were obviously trying to excavate something from down there, even though mining without a permit is illegal within the Cradle."

Suddenly a cacophony of roars erupt from deep within the tunnel, causing Typhon to flee back towards you in fear. "That wasn't just a Garchomp", Harrow identifies, "there is at least three other Dragons down there, their cries are overlapping so I can't make it out, but there is one thing I do know. There is only one thing that can draw that many dragons to one place, power." Harrow hops down from his Gogoat and recalls it into a Pokeball. He then pulls another ball from his belt and releases the Pokemon from it. The towering Beartic lets out a roar, paling in comparison to the combined roar of the dragons' but intimidating nonetheless. "We have to proceed with caution. The strongest dragons in the Descent are likely gathering down there and if they're all suffering like the Garchomp they'll be acting erratically. Turn back if you wish, you've helped me find them after all."
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:28 AM   #172
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 348
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:
You ordered your froakie to Camouflage itself within the sand, making it invisible. Well... At least by light perception. You also gave him the commands to use Water Sport in case it was spotted and to use Dig to get away. It was not to engage in combat unless absolutely nessicary... But even then that was a risk in itself.

Your partner nodded and proceded to follow your orders and slip around unnoticed by the gaurds.

One of the first things Froakie spotted was that they were carrying darts and therefore the guns were most likely tranquilizer guns. Then it counted the gaurds and how many balls were on their belts.

Continuing around as much as it could it saw another pair of gaurds to the far East... How far away though was a guessing game but you'd probably be able to sneak by.

Froakie continued this way until it came back about ten minutes later, and proceded to draw out what it had seen in front of you.

There was a base about 200 leaps away but its exact size was unknown for froakie lost count going around. It drew two stick humans at each of the corners and put to circles next two them. It repeated this three other times around the base.

Then Froakie proceded to draw a gun and made sure to emphasize that they were tranquilizer guns, by making little feathered darts. And lastly he drew a huge round hole in the middle of the base and dug it out a bit to make it seem like they were mining.

Then he dropped the stick and nodded, this was all that he gathered and pointed to the humans and motioned to the pit as if to say that the rest had mainly been in that area.

When you asked about prisoners or cages he shook his head. Apparently they either were in or near the mines.

This was quite a bit of information for you to go on with but you still had to plan carefully because if you encountered the gaurds you'd have to disable them else they would most likely capture you and make you work in the mines along with your pokemon... But...
That actually might not be a bad thing because if you left a pokemon out, like say froakie... Then you would have a chance at freeing yourself.

But you may or may not do that one. Because there were too many what ifs.

Now is the time to make your plans.
Then waht will you do?







__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #173
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:
You ordered your froakie to Camouflage itself within the sand, making it invisible. Well... At least by light perception. You also gave him the commands to use Water Sport in case it was spotted and to use Dig to get away. It was not to engage in combat unless absolutely necessary... But even then that was a risk in itself.

Your partner nodded and proceeded to follow your orders and slip around unnoticed by the guards.

One of the first things Froakie spotted was that they were carrying darts and therefore the guns were most likely tranquilizer guns. Then it counted the guards and how many balls were on their belts.

Continuing around as much as it could it saw another pair of guards to the far East... How far away though was a guessing game but you'd probably be able to sneak by.

Froakie continued this way until it came back about ten minutes later, and proceeded to draw out what it had seen in front of you.

There was a base about 200 leaps away but its exact size was unknown for froakie lost count going around. It drew two stick humans at each of the corners and put to circles next two them. It repeated this three other times around the base.

Then Froakie proceeded to draw a gun and made sure to emphasize that they were tranquilizer guns, by making little feathered darts. And lastly he drew a huge round hole in the middle of the base and dug it out a bit to make it seem like they were mining.

Then he dropped the stick and nodded, this was all that he gathered and pointed to the humans and motioned to the pit as if to say that the rest had mainly been in that area.

When you asked about prisoners or cages he shook his head. Apparently they either were in or near the mines.

This was quite a bit of information for you to go on with but you still had to plan carefully because if you encountered the guards you'd have to disable them else they would most likely capture you and make you work in the mines along with your pokemon... But...
That actually might not be a bad thing because if you left a pokemon out, like say froakie... Then you would have a chance at freeing yourself.

But you may or may not do that one. Because there were too many what ifs.

Now is the time to make your plans.
Then what will you do?

Froakie certainly was good at recon. The little ninja frog returned and drew out a nice big picture, showing exactly what they were dealing with. It seemed to be some form of mining outpost and from what Froakie had shown, it seemed as though they were using slave labour. It was quite possible that this is where the Riolu's captured trainer and mother were being held, but it was no guarantee. Taking the Riolu with them to infiltrate the base was out of the question. Xander turned to Bayleef and Wartortle, they would stay here and keep the little guy safe. "Bayleef, Wartortle stay here and look after Riolu," Wartortle glared at him, not happy with being put on guard duty. "You're a better battler than Bayleef, if trouble shows up you'll have to handle it." The Wartortle still wasn't pleased but Xander had more to worry about. "Froakie and Chimchar, we're going to infiltrate the structure to try and gather some more information. In order to do that though, we're going to need to take down a guard or two. If we can knock a couple out I can steal their clothes and try to blend in. Plus if I can get my hands on a tranq gun, we'll have a much easier time picking them off." Chimchar and Froakie like the plan. The Fire type clenched his stomach, putting out his buttflame while Froakie pulled his Frubble hood up once more.

Xander, Froakie and Chimchar left the oasis. Froakie led the way, leading them towards where he'd seen two guards patrolling. "Alright guys, when we find them, this is how we'll go about it. Froakie will camouflage again and flank around them. He'll let out a croak, causing them to turn their backs to Chimchar and me. Chimchar will then clock one guard in the head with a Drain Punch while I cover the mouth of the other guard long enough for Froakie to knock him out with a Thunder Punch." It wasn't a perfect plan but if they managed to pull it off, he'd take their tranq guns, pump a dart into both of them before stripping the clothes off one and putting them on.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 01:47 AM   #174
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 348
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

Having your Chimchar use Drain Punch pn one guard and having Froakie pull a Thunder Punch on the other while you covered his mouth kind of worked pretty well and you were able to grab enough tranquilizer darts for the three of you all to carry comfortably. Another upside was that you were in fact able to slip into one of the gaurds clothing so you could sneak inside this mining outpost.

Now that you looked like one of them you could most likely get in as one of them and get out with little need to fight, or so you hoped.

Everything came to a screeching halt when one of the gaurds radio's went off asking for a code and check in name.

What are you going to do?!?

Meanwhile within the largest tent unseen by you at this exact moment a man and a woman sat on a rather lavish throne together and watched you through a monitor screen. The woman licked her lips and giggled.

"Looks like we have a hero on our hands, how long do you think he will last mhm??" She was fidgeting with a necklace charm that had a glint in the weak monitor light. The man however just simply said and did nothing but stare at you. Some kind of deep brooding was going on deep within his mind.

Of course you didn't know all of this going on while you were trying to reply to that radio call. Time was ticking away, and deep underneath it all a Pokemon opened its eyes...







__________________
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:26 AM   #175
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Kawaii: Last update


TKF:

Having your Chimchar use Drain Punch pn one guard and having Froakie pull a Thunder Punch on the other while you covered his mouth kind of worked pretty well and you were able to grab enough tranquilizer darts for the three of you all to carry comfortably. Another upside was that you were in fact able to slip into one of the gaurds clothing so you could sneak inside this mining outpost.

Now that you looked like one of them you could most likely get in as one of them and get out with little need to fight, or so you hoped.

Everything came to a screeching halt when one of the gaurds radio's went off asking for a code and check in name.

What are you going to do?!?

Meanwhile within the largest tent unseen by you at this exact moment a man and a woman sat on a rather lavish throne together and watched you through a monitor screen. The woman licked her lips and giggled.

"Looks like we have a hero on our hands, how long do you think he will last mhm??" She was fidgeting with a necklace charm that had a glint in the weak monitor light. The man however just simply said and did nothing but stare at you. Some kind of deep brooding was going on deep within his mind.

Of course you didn't know all of this going on while you were trying to reply to that radio call. Time was ticking away, and deep underneath it all a Pokemon opened its eyes...
Surprisingly everything went to plan. They knocked the men unconscious, darted them for good measure before Xander stripped one down and took his clothes. That was were their luck ran out however, as a radio crackled to life and they were put on the spot. How the bloody hell were they meant to know the code and check in name! They could search the men for maybe a note or a scrap of paper, but what if this was an opportunity rather than an obstacle? If they responded with 'something else', they might be able to draw a large about of the guards out of the outpost, it would certainly make it much easier for them once they were in side. Xander had a brilliant idea bouncing around his brain. He released his Charizard from it's Pokeball, quickly hushing the fire lizard before he let out his signature bellow. The Charizard looked around curiously, what exactly was going on here?

"Alright Charizard, you've got a super important job. In a minute I'm going to get you to roar and let out a powerful Flamethrower for everyone to see. You're going to pick up those two and fly them off that way." Xander made sure to point away from the oasis where Bayleef, Wartortle and the Riolu were taking shelter. "Keep fairly high otherwise you'll be an easy target, but keep firing off Flamethrowers, we want them to follow you. Once you get far enough away you can drop those two off and circle back. Keep high in the clouds and circle around the outpost, we'll give you a signal when we need you again." The Charizard nodded with a grin, this would be fun. "Alright Froakie, go camouflaged and hop on my back, Chimchar I'm going to need you to hop in your ball for a second." Xander recalled the Chimchar as Froakie disappeared, although he could soon feel the Froakie clinging to his back. "Alright Charizard, when I shout 'help', you roar and fire a Flamethrower into the air. Remember, avoid the tranquilliser darts at all costs."

Xander grabbed the radio before pressing down on the button to respond, "HELP!" Xander shouted as Charizard let out a tremendous roar. The Fire starter shot a lance of flame into the air, Xander hurled the radio into it. They had to get moving, they needed to get to the fort before the guards started massing. Charizard picked up the two unconscious bodies and took to the air, waiting patiently for his audience to arrive. This plan better work....
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.