UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 12-24-2017, 09:43 PM   #76
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

It's just a personal preference really, I think wishlists should have no connection to the Hatchery at all and should be used exclusively for guiding Zone rewards. I would prefer a regular Enigma Egg, but if everybody else is ok with the current proposition, I won't be the one to argue! Bring on the changes
Old 12-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #77
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Personally I would prefer an Enigma Egg or a choice of Egg Type like the old Egg House, as I don't really care for the idea of Memakyu in the first place. But that's just me and if others are cool with it then I say go ahead.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #78
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Okie dokes! That said though, it could be easily done that you could have a choice between the Birthday egg and the Enigma egg. Should I add the option?

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:16 PM   #79
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
I'd say having a regular Enigma Egg as an option over the Birthday Egg can't hurt, especially since, as lilblue pointed out, not everyone uses the Memakyu.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #80
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Well as per the "existing" rules, if you don't have a Memakyu (or have a Memakyu with less than 5 Pokémon), you get an Enigma Egg automatically anyways. My point is if some feel uncomfortable to have their Memakyu used to raise hatching odds of those Pokémon, they can request a plain ol' Enigma Egg. (Or perhaps a type-based egg? That could be done also!)

Edit: I've edited in those options in my post.

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-24-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:02 PM   #81
Heather
Naga's Voice

The choice between the option is nice IMO. Personally I'll stick with the birthday Egg as my Memakyu mostly consists of "Pokémon I have RP whims for" so having a high chance of getting one (and Shiny at that!) is something I'd like, but I get it's not for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #82
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I was personally in favor of the new suggested Pokémon birthday gifts, actually- I thought I mentioned that before, but looking back, it looks like I didn't. Though I'm not gonna raise a big fuss about sticking with the ones we got- they're nothing to sneeze at by any means.

As for the Trainer birthday presents, just want a little clarification- not on the Birthday Egg, but rather on the Poké Ball/TM of choice.

1: Are there any restrictions on the available Poké Balls? Like, can someone just up and get a Master Ball for their birthday? And what of the PokéCon Ball that the Cosplay Pikachu came in- are those fair game as well?

2: I would imagine that we could choose from any of the TMs that have appeared in the game, but what of the FB-exclusive TMs from that one Halloween event, for Dark Void, Seed Flare, and Shadow Force? And are Custom Move-teaching items available in this way as well, such as the Cranberry Vodka to teach Firestream?
Old 12-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #83
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I was personally in favor of the new suggested Pokémon birthday gifts, actually- I thought I mentioned that before, but looking back, it looks like I didn't. Though I'm not gonna raise a big fuss about sticking with the ones we got- they're nothing to sneeze at by any means.
Well if people start to be more in favor to the new suggested Pokémon gifts, I'll gladly make the changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
As for the Trainer birthday presents, just want a little clarification- not on the Birthday Egg, but rather on the Poké Ball/TM of choice.

1: Are there any restrictions on the available Poké Balls? Like, can someone just up and get a Master Ball for their birthday? And what of the PokéCon Ball that the Cosplay Pikachu came in- are those fair game as well?

2: I would imagine that we could choose from any of the TMs that have appeared in the game, but what of the FB-exclusive TMs from that one Halloween event, for Dark Void, Seed Flare, and Shadow Force? And are Custom Move-teaching items available in this way as well, such as the Cranberry Vodka to teach Firestream?
Those are actually very good questions.

1. I would say that all Pokéballs from the Department Store, Apricorn balls, and "common"/"generic" event Pokéballs like the ones based on types and cyber balls should be available. Master Ball is obviously too OP, and any other Pokéball should be "exclusive" and kept only for their specific events (Halloween, Christmas, New Year's, Valentines, PokéCon, etc). All that said, I would prefer to have a mod have a say on this point.

2. I'm pretty sure by "TM" it would mean actual TMs from the game, and none of the FB-exclusive TMs or otherwise move-learning items.

Old 12-25-2017, 04:16 AM   #84
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Your birthday is once a year. You get to have a Pokemon you want, once a year. I don’t understand why this is such an issue.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #85
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Yeah, that's a bit my thoughts exactly, but I definitely see the others' concerns too. That's why I went and make the compromise of making it a "higher chance" of getting Memakyu Pokémon, and that people can choose something more random if they still don't feel comfortable with it.

As for the Pokémon presents, I think most chose that it's "fine as it is" because 1. The only difference is 1 added level X3 and 2. People can celebrate Pokémon birthdays often (at least, more often than Trainer birthdays!) so it feels ok to be a little bit downplayed.

Old 12-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #86
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

The mods and I have talked it over the last few days, and here is some feedback that we would like to add to the discussion. These thoughts we have all agreed on, but the other mods are welcome to chime in if they wish.

Pokemon Birthday Presents:
- Birthday Candy Cake: levels given increased from 2 to 3
- One TM: No change needed
- One Egg Move or Move Tutor Move: No change needed
- One Birthday Gummi: Birthday Gummis will have their effect lowered to +2 Bond. The reasoning for this is that while levels are on a scale of 1-100, they are only obtained in adventures as rewards by the updater. Conversely, Bond points have half the scale (0-50) and are obtained as easily as having the Pokemon outside of their Pokeball. This should hopefully balance things out to a more realistic scale.
- Birthday Poffin: No change needed
- If Pokemon is already Lv.100, they may learn one EM/MT: No change needed
Trainer Birthday Presents:
- $1000: Fine
- 5 Rare Candies: Fine
- 2 Mysterious Gummis: 2 instead of 3
- 1 Pokeball of choice: Selection limited to Pokeballs available in the Department Store
- 1 TM of choice: TMs limited to selection from canon Pokemon games (1st through 7th gens)
- Magical Party Popper: Fine
- Birthday Egg: Trainers are allowed to select ONE of the following eggs
• Enigma Egg: Fine
• Type Egg: Fine
• Birthday Egg: Guarantees a Pokemon from one’s Memakyu. 8 non-legendary Pokemon minimum on memakyu or else will be treated as an Enigma Egg. Shiny chance will be the same as any other egg, sorry folks.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #87
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
The mods and I have talked it over the last few days, and here is some feedback that we would like to add to the discussion. These thoughts we have all agreed on, but the other mods are welcome to chime in if they wish.

- Birthday Candy Cake: levels given increased from 2 to 3
- One TM: No change needed
- One Egg Move or Move Tutor Move: No change needed
- One Birthday Gummi: Birthday Gummis will have their effect lowered to +2 Bond. The reasoning for this is that while levels are on a scale of 1-100, they are only obtained in adventures as rewards by the updater. Conversely, Bond points have half the scale (0-50) and are obtained as easily as having the Pokemon outside of their Pokeball. This should hopefully balance things out to a more realistic scale.
- Birthday Poffin: No change needed
- If Pokemon is already Lv.100, they may learn one EM/MT: No change needed
- $1000: Fine
- 5 Rare Candies: Fine
- 2 Mysterious Gummis: 2 instead of 3
- 1 Pokeball of choice: Selection limited to Pokeballs available in the Department Store
- 1 TM of choice: TMs limited to selection from canon Pokemon games (1st through 7th gens)
- Magical Party Popper: Fine
- Birthday Egg: Trainers are allowed to select ONE of the following eggs
• Enigma Egg: Fine
• Type Egg: Fine
• Birthday Egg: Guarantees a Pokemon from one’s Memakyu. 8 non-legendary Pokemon minimum on memakyu or else will be treated as an Enigma Egg. Shiny chance will be the same as any other egg, sorry folks.
I would be ok with that! I'm a little saddened on lowering the given bond by the Birthday gummis and also lowering the amount of mysterious gummis, but I can live with this if everyone prefers that.

As for the semi-controversial Birthday Egg, I personally don't mind if it's either a guarantee or a higher chance of hatching a Memakyu Pokémon! And raising the amount of Pokémon needed in the Memakyu to 8 is fine by me. I don't really mind removing the shiny part either as I don't care that much of those (although I know some might be a little saddened.)

Old 12-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #88
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Approve of the Birthday egg stuff, looks like a good way to do it.

On the Pokeball, I kinda feel like we should open it up a bit as the department store balls are kinda bland. There are tonnes of balls that aren't really accessible unless you've been around for ages.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #89
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I second a wider selection of Poké Balls. I mean, obviously, free birthday Master Ball is obviously broken and a worse idea than having a staring contest with a Primeape, and it's also ideal to keep certain exclusive Poké Balls... well, exclusive. But yeah, the Department Store's selection remains just the tip of the Bergmite. Apricorn Poké Balls, not to mention the countless custom FB balls we got out there. Getting to pick just one out of all those once a year, hardly sounds unreasonable to me.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:55 AM   #90
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I'd also like to see an expansion on the Pokéballs. (And I'd myself would like to see Cherish Balls as an option, since they do literally nothing special and are just a fancy looking Poké Ball, basically.)

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:02 AM   #91
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

As someone who really really likes Cyber Balls, I also agree that I think we should have an expansion. Anything that has a simple aesthetic value (Cherish, Cyber Balls, Etc.) and maybe even the Apricorn balls.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:13 AM   #92
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Can we pretty please have Beast Balls? Just cause we don't have Ultrabeasts doesn't mean we can't have Beast balls right?

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:49 AM   #93
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I second, third, forth... erm well I kinda agree with you guys that it would be fun to have access to more Pokéballs in both the store and, in consequence, as choice in the trainer birthday. (I may be a little biased here though, being the Pokéball collectionner ^^;) That said, I think this conversation would belong in a different (new?) thread! In the meantime, I say just leave in the "Pokéballs available at the store" thing so whenever or not the store will have more Pokéballs, the presents will adapt to it by default.

So to finalize, here's what the new presents will look like, starting in 7 hours!

• x1 Birthday Candy Cake: What's a birthday without a cake? Gives 3 levels.
  • x1 Birthday Berry Milkshake: A nice refreshing shake so good, it can make a Pokémon feel a totally new experience, or remind them of young, blissful times. Teaches either an Egg Move or a Move Tutor move.
  • x1 TM
  • x1 Birthday Poffin: Amazingly crafted by dedicated bakers, all Pokémon love it! Raises all contest stats by 10.
  • x1 Birthday Gummi: That rare treat can't be found anywhere but here! Raises Bond by 2.

• $1000 Pokedollars
  • x5 Rare Candies
  • x2 Mysterious Gummis
  • x1 any Pokéball available in the Department Store
  • x1 TM
  • x1 Magical Party Popper: The Pokémon who pops it will learn the move Celebrate!
    • Celebrate does not work like in the core games:
      The user is suddenly encased in a colorful gift box. The Pokémon cannot move while in it, but the box becomes an effective yet fragile shield and bomb, all in one festive package: opponents attacking the box will see their attack's damage reduced by 30% and, while destroying the box, triggers an explosion of confetti and ribbons which causes a small amount of damage.
  • x1 Egg of your choice:
    • Birthday Egg: Guarantees to hatch a Pokémon within the player's Memakyu!
      • If the trainer has less than 8 non-legendary Pokemon in their Memakyu (or does not have a Memakyu), the egg will act as an Enigma Egg.
      • Requesting shiny Pokémon in your Memakyu will NOT guarantee a shiny result.
      • The hatched Pokémon can be of any species within the player's whole Memakyu, no matter how it is split (i.e. for different trainer characters).
    • Type Egg: Guarantees hatching a Pokémon who has a Type of your choice. (Please make sure you declare the type you are choosing.)
    • Enigma Egg: Hatches any non-evolved, non-legendary Pokémon.

Some extra notes:
  • If someone comes to pick up birthday presents for a Pokémon late which their birthday is from last year (ex.: picking up presents for a Dratini on January 1st), the presents will have to be the old ones (so 2 levels and 3 Bond).
  • As we know from the past, not all types are created equally, that is, a lot of Pokémon can share a certain type. If I remember correctly, Water and Normal types were the ones that were problematic. Unfortunately I have forgotten how those were split up ^^; In the meantime we'll just keep it at "all pokémon of the type", but we should discuss on if we should stick to the old way of separating those very populated types, or should we make a new way to do so.

Old 12-31-2017, 12:25 PM   #94
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

After a long trek through the archives. This post has how they used to be split up. (It's missing the most recent generation, though.)
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #95
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I wasn't really asking for an expansion to the Department Store, but rather an expansion to the rule to allow for non-Department Store balls...

But it is what it is.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:09 PM   #96
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Oh derp, I misread what has been said ^^; Or did I? I am now confused ^^;

If it's in terms of the birthday present only then sure, we can talk about it! I'll quote my thoughs here again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
I would say that all Pokéballs from the Department Store, Apricorn balls, and "common"/"generic" event Pokéballs like the ones based on types and cyber balls should be available. Master Ball is obviously too OP, and any other Pokéball should be "exclusive" and kept only for their specific events (Halloween, Christmas, New Year's, Valentines, PokéCon, etc). All that said, I would prefer to have a mod have a say on this point.
They said "Department Store only" but seeing more people are supporting to have it more than that, well...

If it's about the dept store itself, then new thread!

Old 12-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #97
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

For now let's roll with department store only pokeballs. We'll leave the discussion open and revisit it when we come to another decision.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #98
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
For now let's roll with department store only pokeballs. We'll leave the discussion open and revisit it when we come to another decision.
I don't see why it needs to be waited on. These Balls are a pain in the arse to retrieve and super rare. Obviously people want this expansion. I don't see why it has to be a big deal that we can get /one/ of those balls for free one day of the year.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:50 PM   #99
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
I don't see why it needs to be waited on. These Balls are a pain in the arse to retrieve and super rare. Obviously people want this expansion. I don't see why it has to be a big deal that we can get /one/ of those balls for free one day of the year.
It's because the mods and I have been working on stuff Non. Stop. for the the past 2 months and we've all sacrificed much of our holiday times and we're very tired. All I ask is that the community please be patient and give us time to catch our breaths and sort ourselves out so we can revisit topics that frankly aren't super important to the fabric of the game at a time when we're ready. Thanks.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #100
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
It's because the mods and I have been working on stuff Non. Stop. for the the past 2 months and we've all sacrificed much of our holiday times and we're very tired. All I ask is that the community please be patient and give us time to catch our breaths and sort ourselves out so we can revisit topics that frankly aren't super important to the fabric of the game at a time when we're ready. Thanks.
I meant more that it doesn't seem like a topic that needs massive discussion in the first place. But yes, I can appreciate that you need time to rest and have other important topics as priorities. It just seems like the kind of thing that's more 'everyone wants it, it makes sense, might as well' before people have their birthdays and potentially lose out on something really good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development