UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 06-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude
SI newbish team. :O

I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon, and have folks rip apart my team. Here they are...

Ninjask "Serangga"
Hasty Nature (+speed -defense)
Focus Sash (Dunno which item to use for her, but I figured focus sash might work is someone a foe gets in the first hit and tries to one hit ko ninjask.)
252 Speed, 252 HP, 5 Attack
Speed boost trait

X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Substitute

Sexy asthetically, and decent as a baton passer. I know jask is much more fragile this generation, but I figured baton passing speed and attack buffs to most of my team would be worth jask's condom thin defenses.

Gallade "Golok"
Adamant nature (+attack -special attack)
Life orb
252 attack, 252 special defense, 5 hp
Steadfast trait

Thunderwave
Close combat
Night slash
Psycho cutter

Thunderwave is a fun debuffing move to help cripple most enemies and help out my slower Pokemon. Life orb is attached to give Gallade more oomph in his attacks (I know life orb is quite dangerous to Gallade's low HP, but I figure he's going to die anyways, so why not get the most oomph out of his physical attack?)

Rhyperior "Rujak"
252 attack, 252 defense, 5 hp
Choice Band
Hard Rock trait

Megahorn
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Avalanche

Drapion "Jahat"
Jolly nature (+Speed -special attack)
252 speed, 252 defense, 5 attack
Scope Lense
Sniper trait

Earthquake
Swords dance
Fire Fang
Crunch

Azelf "Mesjid"
Modest nature
252 special attack, 252 speed, 5 hp
Wise glasses (will replace with something else; suggestions are appreciated )
Levitate trait

Nasty plot
Psychic
Thunderbolt (would of use grass knot, but I used it on my penguin starter)
Flamethrower

Kabutops "Membunuh"
Adamant nature
252 Attack, 200 defense, 52 speed
Choice scarf
Battle armor trait

Stealth rock
Waterfall
X scissor
Stone edge

Bounces in, uses stealth rock, swtiches out. Also is pretty nasty attack wise, and the flinch chance waterfall has is too sexy not to abuse when possible due to choice scarf rising Kabutop's speed lovingly.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Re: SI newbish team. :O

Quote:
Ninjask "Serangga"
Hasty Nature (+speed -defense)
Focus Sash (Dunno which item to use for her, but I figured focus sash might work is someone a foe gets in the first hit and tries to one hit ko ninjask.)
252 Speed, 252 HP, 5 Attack
Speed boost trait

X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Substitute

Sexy asthetically, and decent as a baton passer. I know jask is much more fragile this generation, but I figured baton passing speed and attack buffs to most of my team would be worth jask's condom thin defenses.
Jolly technically works better, but if this is in-game and you're lazy, just keep it. Anyway, Focus Sash won't help. Even if you start with Ninjask, the use of Substitute negates it's use. If you are going to use it, drop Substitute for something else, as they don't have any synergy.

Protect works to an extent with Focus Sash. Use it first turn for the +1 Speed. Then do a Swords Dance on it's second turn. If you weren't hit with Rock Blast or not inflicted with status or not hailing/sandstorming, you will survive thanks to Focus Sash, giving you +2 to Speed and Attack. This is typically more then enough for Baton Passing so long as your opponent doesn't do Pursuit or Quick Attack. Haze/Roar/Whirlwind will ruin your fun. Taunt could be used to counter that, but you'd have to drop another move. Obviously, the Baton Passing strategy comes with many risks, but if you can pull it of, you can typically get a sweep.

Quote:
Gallade "Golok"
Life orb
252 attack, 252 special defense, 5 hp
Steadfast trait

Thunderwave
Close combat
Night slash
Psycho cutter

Thunderwave is a fun debuffing move to help cripple most enemies and help out my slower Pokemon. Life orb is attached to give Gallade more oomph in his attacks (I know life orb is quite dangerous to Gallade's low HP, but I figure he's going to die anyways, so why not get the most oomph out of his physical attack?)
A lot of people do with double-status on Gallade, but I suppose that's preference. While Thunderwave is nice, you will really need to worry about Ground types who are immune, which is where Will-O-Wisp or Hypnosis usually comes in. As is though, it isn't awful. But the most important thing to learn when using Gallade is typically prediction. If you know your opponent's team, you can do well with it. If not, it might not help much. If this is your Baton Pass reciever, it might be important to invest a bit into Speed. You typically need 200 or so speed if you plan to +2 Speed Levels and 270 Speed if you want +1 level. Also, Leftovers is optimally used on Gallade. Despite it's poor HP, Leftovers will make a difference in it's ability to survive.

Quote:
Rhyperior "Rujak"
252 attack, 252 defense, 5 hp
Choice Band
Hard Rock trait

Megahorn
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Avalanche
Counter is said to be really strong on Rhyperior thanks to the ability to survive EQ, but you'd likely want Wish support and Leftovers if you went with that. Anyway, this looks fine for the most part. If you're holding a Choice Band, you can't expect to Baton pass to it unless you absolutely know your opponent has no defense against the move you're using.

Quote:
Drapion "Jahat"
Jolly nature (+Speed -special attack)
252 speed, 252 defense, 5 attack
Scope Lense
Sniper trait

Earthquake
Swords dance
Fire Fang
Crunch
Is this who you plan to Baton Pass to? Cross Poison is pretty good on it, especially since you're using Scope Lens and the Sniper Trait. Also, STAB doesn't hurt. Also, if it is the planned reciever of Baton Passed levels, you won't need Swords Dance.

Quote:
Azelf "Mesjid"
Modest nature
252 special attack, 252 speed, 5 hp
Wise glasses (will replace with something else; suggestions are appreciated Very Happy)
Levitate trait

Nasty plot
Psychic
Thunderbolt (would of use grass knot, but I used it on my penguin starter)
Flamethrower
Timid is typically a better nature, but if it's in-game, ignore that. Many have been suggesting the use of [insert berry that increases Dark resistance]. Azelf is horribly vulnerable to Pursuit and typically can't survive against a Weavile. But with the berry, you get a slightly higher chance of taking it down by staying in against Weavile and just spamming Flamethrower.

Quote:
Kabutops "Membunuh"
Adamant nature
252 Attack, 200 defense, 52 speed
Choice scarf
Battle armor trait

Stealth rock
Waterfall
X scissor
Stone edge

Bounces in, uses stealth rock, swtiches out. Also is pretty nasty attack wise, and the flinch chance waterfall has is too sexy not to abuse when possible due to choice scarf rising Kabutop's speed lovingly.
I don't know Kabutops' speed, but if 52 EVs is enough for 270 Speed, go with it. Stealth Rock really isn't a random move you can put on a Choice Item holder. Your Pokemon typically needs to be able to switch moves otherwise your opponent will know you'll switch out right after your Stelath Rock and take advantage of the free turns.

As of right now, your team lacks a strong special defense. While Gallade can come in against most special moves, it can't take that many STABed moves or many Super Effective hits. Also, you lack [p]haze, which can cause problems when running into Gyarados or Salamence or similar Pokemon who can sweep easily with one free turn. Also, you have a Metagross weakness. While Rhyperior can try for a revenge kill with it's own STAB EQ, it probably can't switch in on a Meteor Mash or EQ without taking a hefty chunk out. Azelf could try to Flamethrower it, but if it already did Agility, you'll be outraced and STAB Meteor Mash will likely hurt a great deal.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Thanks for the tips Loki they really helped. SI made a fighting type team a month back, and just out of curiosity I wanna see how these guys work out together, or something of that nature.

Lucario
Nature: Modest
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Dragon Pulse (or whatever that 80-90 attack power move is for dragon types)
Aura Sphere
Item: Choice Specs
252 special attack, 252 speed, 6 hp

Infernape
Nature: Jolly
Swords dance
close combat
flare blitz
thunder punch
Item: Dunno atm
252 attack, 252 speec, 6 hp

Gallade (see my first post in this thread for Gallade's moveset and evs.)

Breloom
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Poison heal
Spore
Focus Punch
Leech Seed
Seed Bomb
evs: 252 attack, 150 hp, 105 speed
Item: Toxic Orb
Leech seed could be useful in playing mind games with folks if used correctly, but if there is a better option I am open to opinions.

Toxicroak
Ability: Dry Skin
Sucker Punch
Cross Chop
Stone Edge
Earthquake
evs: 252 Attack, 150 Speed, 105 HP
Item: Wide Lense

Machamp
Ability: Guts
Cross Chop
Stone Edge
Bulk Up
Earthquake
Item: Leftovers
evs: 252 attack, 252 hp, 5 special defense.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulcataIxlude
Lucario
Nature: Modest
Dark Pulse
Psychic
Dragon Pulse (or whatever that 80-90 attack power move is for dragon types)
Aura Sphere
Item: Choice Specs
252 special attack, 252 speed, 6 hp
Shadow Ball > Dark Pulse, but the only real difference is neutral hits to Heracross and Toxicroak instead of neutral.

Quote:
Infernape
Swords dance
close combat
flare blitz
thunder punch
Item: Dunno atm
252 attack, 252 speed, 6 hp
I never liked non-mixed Infernape, but that's only due to warstories and an overall dislike of Infernape. Also, Infernape has to be a starter, otherwise it basically will never switch in safely. Also, with mixed, you have better chances against lots of other starters and there are less counters. But that's up to you. As is, it's somewhat playable, but easily countered IMO and taken out.

Quote:
Gallade (see my first post in this thread for Gallade's moveset and evs.)
At the time, I didn't have any experience with Gallade. After a few fights, I realized that Gallade must have max HP. Otherwise it's pretty dead. It's poor base HP really hurts and with a decent number of SE types and only a mild handful of resisted types, it will need as much HP as it can get. Again, the same advice about double-status.

Quote:
Breloom
Ability: Poison heal
Spore
Focus Punch
Leech Seed
Seed Bomb
evs: 252 attack, 150 hp, 105 speed
Item: Toxic Orb
Leech seed could be useful in playing mind games with folks if used correctly, but if there is a better option I am open to opinions.
You need to play more Speed and probably less HP. You should only play more HP on defensive versions like the anti-starter. Otherwise, you'll likely want max Speed. Breloom isn't exactly fast, but a quick Spore can make a big difference in a fight. Some say you don't need as much ATK as DEF makes a big difference. Breloom doesn't exactly have high defensive stats, but it's typing gives it some nice resistances and the extra few points of defense can help it switch in and survive a few extra hits.

Quote:
Toxicroak
Ability: Dry Skin
Sucker Punch
Cross Chop
Stone Edge
Earthquake
evs: 252 Attack, 150 Speed, 105 HP
Item: Wide Lens
Choice Band is better IMO. Earthquake doesn't help too much here either. Poison Jab is a nice STAB move, but doesn't having much coverage. I'm not sure what other options there are seeing as how I don't use nor have I faced a Toxicroak before.

Quote:
Machamp
Ability: Guts
Cross Chop
Stone Edge
Bulk Up
Earthquake
Item: Leftovers
evs: 252 attack, 252 hp, 5 special defense.
I don't care. No Armor + Dynamic Punch is the ultimate Machamp. Bulk Up Machamps can't do much. At best, with Guts, Machamp should be holding Lefties and using Rest + Sleep Talk + D-punch/CC and Stone Edge/RS. With No Armor, you have every option. CB DPunch/CC, Stone Edge, and two elemental punches is a common option. Low Kick is somewhat usable since Metagross takes decent damage with it iirc. And it totally kills TTar and Snorlax. Wake-Up Slap counters Restalkers. Also, your EVs should be max ATK and DEF. Max HP has less affect than DEF and Machamp will never really survive any Psychic attacks. Meanwhile, it might survive physical flying hits.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team