UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #201
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Gemini Spark- Hope suddenly returns as both Henrietta and Nissa undergo a drastic change, evolving in unison and freeing themselves from the grasp of the Feraligatr. As the pair marvel at their new forms and the power that comes with them, Ginny also begins to change. The Palpitoad’s metamorphosis finally reaches completion as she grows much large. Arms sprout, and her tail disappears as she reaches her final form, Ginny was now a full evolved Seismitoad! Finally able to get free of the Feraligatr, Ginny spits some acid down the Feraligatr’s gullet, a parting gift for the Pokemon who had almost claimed her life. “Ginny, you finally evolved!” Emily cries out, overjoyed by the shift in momentum.

With the tables turning, it was now or never if you were going to finish off the Feraligatr. Henrietta puts her developing vocal cords to good use, letting out an echoing croak. The gator stumbles as the sound waves strike him, leaving him exposed as Nissa comes in to strike. Putting her new body to the test, she strikes across the Feraligatr’s stomach with a Fury Cutter. The Feraligatr groans as it is continually pushed back, unable to regain the front foot. Ginny flails at the opposing Water type with her newly developed arms, striking him with a blow made stronger by the severe damage the Feraligatr had caused her. Henrietta gives a repeat performance, her attack becoming twice as stronger and causing the Feraligatr even more pain. A second Fury Cutter from Nissa is also much stronger, causing the Feraligatr to slump over. It was clearly at its end, but somehow it was managing to hold on. Suddenly the Feraligatr looks sick, as the poison once again grips its system it falls, face first into the ground.

The bikers gasp in shock, they hadn’t expected you and Emily to overcome the ancient Feraligatr. “Alright, we had a deal, we beat the Feraligatr and now you need to tell us what you know.” Emily was quick to make demands, perhaps too quick.

The bikers were true to their word however, with the gang leader quickly stepping forward, hands still clapping. “Well done, that was impressive. I’ll tell you what you want to know, just make sure they don’t find out that we told you. We were approached by a business man, he offered us a large some of cash to sabotage your ranch. Can’t say I remember his name but he left a business card with us in case we needed to contact him.” The biker hands Emily the business card, before him and his men make their way back inside. “Please make your way off our property.”

Emily inspects the business card before showing it to you. “Thank you so much for your help, there was no way we could have beaten that Feraligatr by ourselves.” Reading the card, it seems it belongs to a Trent Connors, an entrepreneur based out of the city. His phone number and business address were also on the card. “So, what do you suggest we do now?”
Not only did Nissa and Henrietta evolve, freeing themselves from the Feraligatr's clutches, but Ginny evolved into a Seismitoad as well, making her body too big for the monster's jaws to hold into, forcing him to let go of his would-be catch and leaving himself wide open for Ginny to spit an Acidic liquid into her foe's mouth and down his throat before waddling back to face him proper. “Ginny, you finally evolved!” cried Emily out of excitement, but there was still a battle to finish.

And finish it would with all three female Pokemon taking advantage of certain moves they knew and the power each attack contained when used at the right time. Henrietta started things off with a croak that Echoed more and more, stunning her target as her Voice grew louder and louder and took advantage of the drop to Jesse's Special Defense. Then, between Ginny's Flailing, which gained a lot of power due to the damage done to her, and Nissa's sharp leaves making deep Cuts in his body, increasing in intensity as she allowed her Fury to grow, all it took was one last pulse of venom to course through his body before the Feraligatr finally gave in to exhaustion and fainted from the poison.

"That's it, we beat him!" cheered Hyrem, his two Pokemon looking back happily while the bikers looked on in awe at what they managed to do. Emily, however, kept her mind on what they came here for and approached the bikers, saying, “Alright, we had a deal, we beat the Feraligatr and now you need to tell us what you know.” The leader of the Swampgators met her while still clapping his hands. “Well done, that was impressive. I’ll tell you what you want to know, just make sure they don’t find out that we told you. We were approached by a business man, he offered us a large sum of cash to sabotage your ranch. Can’t say I remember his name but he left a business card with us in case we needed to contact him.” Once he gave Emily said business card, he and the other bikers headed back inside their shack, the leader pausing to say, “Please make your way off our property.”

While that was happening, Hyrem had a big smile on his face. "You two were so good out there!" he said, opening his arms for a hug, which the bigger Frogadier and Grovyle responded to accordingly; Henrietta's bigger tongue latched onto his chest instead of his cheek, pulling herself in for a hug that almost tackled him to the ground, while Nissa ran around her trainer and jumped on his back, threatening to pull him down the other way, though he was still barely able to hold both of their forms. "Wow, you two got bigger than I was thinking you would!" he commented, to which Nissa leaned her head over his shoulder to say, "Grovyle." Meanwhile, all he heard from Henrietta was a "Frooogaaaaa~" as her tongue slurped against his neck and under his chin. "Haha, I guess you know how to give bigger kisses too!"

While Hyrem was busy looking at Nissa and Henrietta's yellow eyes, Emily approached him with the business card in hand. “Thank you so much for your help, there was no way we could have beaten that Feraligatr by ourselves.”
"Ah, no problem!" he replied as his Pokemon let go so the trainers could talk. "Just helping a friend out! Though," he looked at the downed Feraligatr, "that guy sure was a handful even with all of us on him!" He thought for a moment about approaching the large Pokemon but decided it wasn't worth the risk of suddenly rousing him and potentially getting dragged into the swamp as his dinner. "Sure would be cool to have one of my own one day...Anyway, what's that you're holding, Emily?"

As she showed him the business card, he could see the name of the man as well as his contact information. "Trent Connors..." he read the name off the card.
“So, what do you suggest we do now?” asked Emily.
"Well, first things first, we should probably head back and check on Wendy and the Seismitoad. Then you can fill me in on this Trent Connors guy. Is he the one your parents were talking with?" As he started walking back towards where they parked the vehicles, a thought occurred to him. "Oh wait, the ride might not fit all three of us, my Pokemon might have...grown too big to both fit in the crate." Suddenly, Nissa hissed in displeasure before whipping the big leaf on her head against his back. "Ow, what was that for!?" he complained. "Gro gro gro!" she barked, pointing a claw at him angrily. "Wh- seriously, Nissa!? I wasn't trying to make a pun there! Guess I should be more careful about using the word 'grow' from now on," he mumbled aloud.
"Grovyle," she nodded with a satisfied smirk before making her way towards the nearest tree she could climb. "Well, I guess that solves the problem. I guess you have the crate all to yourself, Henrietta! Or do you want to hop your own way there?" "Frog frog~" she croaked before jumping back up to his chest and hugging his neck again. "Haha, well that answer's easy to figure out! Anyway, let's go back to your farm, Emily! I hope Wendy isn't getting herself into trouble right now..."

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 01-02-2018, 09:09 PM   #202
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=
last update here

=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=
As the door swung open, a middle aged woman with flowing brown hair opened the door. Her eyes were puffy and red, with what looked to be black makeup running down her face. She glanced at you, her gaze reflecting sadness as she looked at your face. Her expression changed considerably when she looked down at Mae, causing her features to light up and tears to start flowing again. She grabbed the little girl and pulled her into a tight hug, sobbing into her hair as she clutched her daughter's back tightly. As you spoke, the woman stepped away from Mae and smiled warmly at you --- wiping the tears from her face with her sleeves. She tried to gain her composure before beginning to speak to you, sniffling back her tears.

"God bless you Athena!" She sniffed back another sob as she looked down at her daughter, her arms shaking with relief and fear. "Mae snuck out of her room... a-and when I checked on her and she was gone I panicked! I thought she got taken by someone.." She wiped her eyes once again, glancing sternly at her daughter. "Why did you leave your room?" She asked, her voice seeping with anger but with a more concerned undertone. The small girl looked down at her feet shyly, looking at her tattered dress while letting her long black hair hang by her knees.

"I saw a weird light mommy! It was over by pop-pop's house! I thought it was pop-pop calling me to come over, so I brought a story to read him!" She was pleading, her earnest sensibilities of the world coming to light. You could see her mother let out a deep sigh, shaking as it came out of her body. "I bumped into a candle... and I woke up in Miss Athena's arms." Her mother looked at you, trying to confirm the story --- to which you gave a nod. "She even took me to see pop-pop before we came home!" Mae's face lit up in a smile, and her mother turned back to you.

"Is that right?" She smiled at you, tutting at her daughter as she spoke to you. "I think you should get off to bed sweetheart, mommy wants to talk to your new friend." Mae smiled at you, bidding goodnight as she squeezed past her mother. Her mother smiled at you warmly, pressing a few things into your hands after her daughter left. "We don't have much, but you've done so much for me already... I insist you take these." She pressed $500 into your hands, a small piece of paper with a red dot on it, a purple disc, as well as a small ribbon covered in Polka Dots.

"I really can't thank you enough, you're welcome to come see us any time!" She smiled, cupping her hands over the one she presented she placed the gifts in.

You received:
x1 TM Shadow Ball
x1 Polka Dot Bow
x1 Spell Tag
$500 Pokedollars

((This concludes this adventure, you are welcome to move onto another area in LMN which I would be happy to update you in once again ^^. It's been a slice darling.))

=-------------------~TKF~-------------------=

Atalanta was confronting the Honedge at full force, exerting her energy as she attempted to strike down her foe. The Honedge seemed to be getting angrier, it's eye growing more intense following every moment it was forced to square off against the bird. As they fought, Atalanta began to glow --- Slyvi's eyes lit up seeing the bird grow and change in shape. She grew larger, her wings stronger, her head covered by a hood to hide her face and shield her from attacks, and her talons sharpened. Her claws dug into the cobblestone, leaving deep gashes in the surface of the stone. The large owl let out a screech, letting her opponent know that it had a big storm coming.

Upon seeing his opponent's new evolution, the sword's temper lessened considerably. It began to back off slightly, trying to avoid the bird's line of sight and escape the playing field. Atalanta however, was not a bird to be trifled with. Using her new power, she let lose a mighty Spirit Shackle --- causing purple chains to appear upon the surface of the sword. It let out a scream, realizing it was stuck in a battle with this new terrifying opponent. It faded into the shadows quickly, making sure to get a Shadow Sneak on it's opponent before she attacked again. Atalanta's new typing made her hit hard, but it also caused her opponent's attacks to connect much harder than they once did. Atalanta cawked in pain, slinking into the shadows as her trainer commanded. The Honedge looked around, baffled as to where the creature had gone. Atalanta reappeared, striking the Honedge for heavy damage.

The sword let out a loud hiss in response, going in for an Aerial Ace. However, Atalanta was prepared --- preemptively striking the sword with a Sucker Punch as it came at her. It howled out a loud metallic scream, before swinging itself high and coming down on Atalanta for it's Aerial Ace. It was clear that the Honedge had taken heavy damage, it was probably close to coming down at this point. Atalanta herself looked way better off than she once did, standing in a clearly superior position to the Honedge.

What do you do?

=-------------------~Iron~-------------------=

With your Starly scouting a path ahead thanks to it's Keen Eyes, it seemed to come to a decision for which path you should take at the crossroads. It seemed to want to go straight, right into the belly of the beast --- the throne room of the mad king. As Hope followed, you could only mutter you grievances under your breath --- you really did not want to suffer the same fate as the mad king. The air here felt oppressive, and as you moved towards the throne room you could only feel it getting more intense.

As you walked forward, you swore you could feel someone watching you. Perhaps it was the same person who lit those torches? Either way, it was spooky to even consider the thought that someone other than you could even be lurking around the corner. The castle was oppressive enough by itself, you really did not want to assume that someone else was here --- especially someone who could prove themselves to be a threat. As you approached the throne room, you could see something sitting on the throne, the room was dark, all you could really make out was the vague shape of something and it's glaring eyes beaming down at you in the darkness. It gave a startled yelp upon seeing you approach, making some small snapping noises as it leap down and ran past the throne.

Going after the creature, you noticed a small puddle of saliva near the throne. Gross, but what sort of monster were you facing that could produce so much saliva in such a short period of time? It was troubling to think about, as you walked towards where it had gone. As you stepped behind the large throne, you noticed a hole in the foundation of the building. It seemed to lead directly outside, into a darkened courtyard.

Do you follow the creature or go elsewhere? What do you do?

=-------------------~Lit~-------------------=

Forward was your only option, even if it was through a rather treacherous looking hole in the foundations of the wall itself. If it had decayed enough to leave such a hole, you had to wonder if the entire thing would just collapse on you as you tried to wander through it. You weren't one to back down, besides, it wouldn't be the first time that you had almost died or gone somewhere that you could die... and you doubted it would be the last. As you got down on your hands and knees, you couldn't help but smell the sheer scent of decay from within this hole. It stunk of death, as well as a strong metallic smell that seemed to waft from within. As you crawled deeper, you heard a scream from Wisp --- who was leading the pack and providing you with light. As you crawled faster, you noticed the source of his distress.

In front of you in the hole, laid a small Beldum. It was shaking on the ground, it's body having large chunks missing out of it. Something had cannibalized the poor creature, and it was laying here just waiting for death. It's eye flared up in fear seeing you approach, there was no possible way it could escape and unfortunately it seemed like it wasn't exactly worth a capture --- as it was likely it would succumb to it's wounds at any moment. Was this what was watching you? Maybe. But it was more likely whatever had attacked it had done so in a hurry to escape from you, and that that was who you were hunting.

There's nothing you can do for this poor Beldum, but maybe you can catch it's killer.

What do you do?
Old 01-02-2018, 09:20 PM   #203
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Biggggg5- With the enemy identified, you reluctantly decide that it has to be dealt so that you can continue searching for the Sableye. "Nice strategy", notes Harrison, "we'll help keep it distracted. Squirtle catch its attention with a Bubblebeam then try a Water Pulse." The Squirtle takes a deep breath before exhaling a barrage of glistening bubbles that stream out in front of it as it charges towards the Rock type. Geddy joins in, firing a Charge Beam at the Gigalith, gaining a boost in the process. The two attacks collide on the Gigalith at the same time, causing it to roar in both pain and anger. Hotstuff takes the opportunity to start skirting the edge of the tunnel, hoping to stay out of the line of fire as he gathers a large mass of energy around his right claw. The Gigalith doesn't take long to retaliate, sending a barrage of boulders sliding through the tunnel. Thankfully Hotstuff isn't in the direct path of the boulders, however the same can't be said for Geddy and Harrison's Squirtle. The pair are smashed by the hard stones, crying out in pain as they are sent tumbling backwards. While the Gigalith recovers, Hotstuff strikes, having gotten in close just in time. He swings a powerful punch into one of the Gigalith's legs, all of the energy he focused into the attack results in a devastating blow.

Back on the offensive, the Squirtle hurls a Water Pulse at the Gigalith, but not in time to stop it from retaliating against Hotstuff. The dark crystal in front of Hotstuff glows before promptly erupting, the powerful blow from the gem sends him skidding back down the tunnel. The Squirtle's Water Pulse bursts over the Gigalith, the Super Effective blow pains the Rock type but unfortunately doesn't confuse it. Geddy follows with an even stronger Super Effective hit, landing a boosted Flash Cannon that leaves the compressed Pokemon moaning in pain. For this the Gigalith targets him individually, sending a sharped stone whistling towards him. The stone seems to be on a strange flight path, arcing up off the ground. Before you realize the Gigalith's intention it is too late, the stone strikes from above, smacking Geddy into the ground. The Tynamo tries to rise of the ground, but seems to be struggling to do so as he is left slivering along the ground. Hotstuff jumps in to defend his flailing friend, releasing a Hidden Power as orbs of Water energy pepper the Gigalith. It seems to be weakening, but a fully evolved Rock type like Gigalith was going to have plenty of fight in it.
Big lets out a cheer as Hotstuff's Focus Punch connects, "Woo! Great job guys!" Big calls out as they retreat back with more ranged attacks. However as the Gigalith attacks back he sees a specific attack that makes his eyes go wide. "Quick Geddy dodge!" He calls out to the eltctric type. Though Geddy hears this and tries to rear back the rock still makes contact and Geddy goes crashing to the ground. "Woah man, I can't-" Geddy grunts and strains to float up but is unable to. "Make myself fly!" He sighs. "Uh oh, it used smack down, you won't be able to fly for a while." Big says trying to come up with an idea. His eyes then flash with one as he remembers what the trainer who he sent his old Horsea: Queendra to said his plan was for her battle style. "Oh man, I've got an idea, but you two are gonna have to keep its attention even more. I'm not as durable as a pokemon is." He says to Hotstuff and Harrison with almost a hint of dread in his voice. He then sets his backpack down and takes off running toward Geddy. "Hotstuff, distract it with the loudest growl you can manage and another hidden power!" He calls as he runs and scoops Geddy into his arms. "What's the plan eh?" The electric type asks. "I'm gonna point you, and your gonna fire off two more Flash Cannons." Realization flashes in Geddy's eyes. "Alright, jus' be careful eh?" He warns and Big nods, carefully pointing Geddy at the Gigalith as he starts to strafe the beast and stays moving.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:57 PM   #204
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruxami View Post

=-------------------~Lit~-------------------=

Forward was your only option, even if it was through a rather treacherous looking hole in the foundations of the wall itself. If it had decayed enough to leave such a hole, you had to wonder if the entire thing would just collapse on you as you tried to wander through it. You weren't one to back down, besides, it wouldn't be the first time that you had almost died or gone somewhere that you could die... and you doubted it would be the last. As you got down on your hands and knees, you couldn't help but smell the sheer scent of decay from within this hole. It stunk of death, as well as a strong metallic smell that seemed to waft from within. As you crawled deeper, you heard a scream from Wisp --- who was leading the pack and providing you with light. As you crawled faster, you noticed the source of his distress.

In front of you in the hole, laid a small Beldum. It was shaking on the ground, it's body having large chunks missing out of it. Something had cannibalized the poor creature, and it was laying here just waiting for death. It's eye flared up in fear seeing you approach, there was no possible way it could escape and unfortunately it seemed like it wasn't exactly worth a capture --- as it was likely it would succumb to it's wounds at any moment. Was this what was watching you? Maybe. But it was more likely whatever had attacked it had done so in a hurry to escape from you, and that that was who you were hunting.

There's nothing you can do for this poor Beldum, but maybe you can catch it's killer.

What do you do?

Austin made his way through the hole, following the guiding light of Wisp. He soon heard his Litwick let out a scream. The entered a small clearing within the crevice, not enough to stand in but enough space to at least kneel somewhat comfortably. In the middle of small room was a Beldum, its eye blinking out in pain. Chunks of its body was eaten, and the poor thing was hanging onto the last threads of its life. Such is the way of things. Whatever he was after must've certainly attacked the thing. Austin had an idea of what he might be chasing now... After all, few Pokemon made their diet of metals such as iron and steel. He tried to not laugh, and instead comforted the Beldum. It was a long time since he last did this... Send one off. Yet, there was a strange compulsion within him. Turning towards Custer, who was looking the Beldum in horror. That's right... This certainly would've triggered the Foongus's PTSD. Grabbing the little mushroom's ball, the trainer returned the Foongus to safety. This was not something the Foongus needed to see. Soon, Austin felt a choking feeling on his throat. Guess it was time.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Yuln syha'h ph'orr'e ng'bthnk n'gha! Nog ygnaiih Cthulu! H'sll'ha cshagg!" Austin started to chant, his throat starting to catch on fire. Oh yes, glorious fire! Father! He started to cough up melancholy, watching the black bile writhe and squirm within the darkness. He looked at Wisp, and the Litwick had fear and grim acceptance in its eye.

"Time to sleep child," Austin whispered to the Beldum before smearing the bile on its eye. The poor creature flinched, and started to squirm under being blinded. It was best not to see your entire body consumed. He looked at Wisp, who understood it was time to do his duty.

"I'm crawling ahead. Fire Spin until it passes onto the next plane... After that, you may feast. Hither when you are done."

Austin saw the flickering of the candle's light. The devourer of souls was soon to begin his work. Austin crawled through the room, letting the Litwick finish the ritual. The trainer started his descent into darkness, not minding it. After all, this wasn't his first time. And it certainly wont be the last time. To wander in darkness, was that his fate? He was not sure. But at this time, he needed to find his watcher. There was an answer there. He knew that much, and in order to do so he needs to brave the dark.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #205
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:

=-------------------~TKF~-------------------=

Atalanta was confronting the Honedge at full force, exerting her energy as she attempted to strike down her foe. The Honedge seemed to be getting angrier, it's eye growing more intense following every moment it was forced to square off against the bird. As they fought, Atalanta began to glow --- Slyvi's eyes lit up seeing the bird grow and change in shape. She grew larger, her wings stronger, her head covered by a hood to hide her face and shield her from attacks, and her talons sharpened. Her claws dug into the cobblestone, leaving deep gashes in the surface of the stone. The large owl let out a screech, letting her opponent know that it had a big storm coming.

Upon seeing his opponent's new evolution, the sword's temper lessened considerably. It began to back off slightly, trying to avoid the bird's line of sight and escape the playing field. Atalanta however, was not a bird to be trifled with. Using her new power, she let lose a mighty Spirit Shackle --- causing purple chains to appear upon the surface of the sword. It let out a scream, realizing it was stuck in a battle with this new terrifying opponent. It faded into the shadows quickly, making sure to get a Shadow Sneak on it's opponent before she attacked again. Atalanta's new typing made her hit hard, but it also caused her opponent's attacks to connect much harder than they once did. Atalanta cawked in pain, slinking into the shadows as her trainer commanded. The Honedge looked around, baffled as to where the creature had gone. Atalanta reappeared, striking the Honedge for heavy damage.

The sword let out a loud hiss in response, going in for an Aerial Ace. However, Atalanta was prepared --- preemptively striking the sword with a Sucker Punch as it came at her. It howled out a loud metallic scream, before swinging itself high and coming down on Atalanta for it's Aerial Ace. It was clear that the Honedge had taken heavy damage, it was probably close to coming down at this point. Atalanta herself looked way better off than she once did, standing in a clearly superior position to the Honedge.

What do you do?
Jayson marvelled as Atalanta exerted her dominance. The strength she gained from her evolution changed the flow of the battle completely. Where once the pair of Pokemon were a somewhat even match, Atalanta appeared to be in a whole new league. Despite the blade's own ghost type moves hurting her more, Atalanta was much more capable of exploiting the weakness. Much more and the Honedge would be turned into scrap metal. As much as it probably deserved it for attacking them so hastily, Jayson knew the Honedge could serve a purpose elsewhere. While he already possessed a Honedge of his own, he knew someone who would be particularly interested in the ghostly blade. Once they were done with the Honedge, Jayson and Sylvi could continue to search through the castle, surely there was more to find here than a feisty Honedge. While the battle was exciting, Jayson was keen for more action, something that could really push him to his limits.

Still gripping a Pokeball from earlier, Jayson calls Atalanta back. "That'll do Atalanta, I think it has had enough. I'll take it from here." The Decidueye turned and gave her trainer a nod, quickly gliding backwards to land in front of him. Left arm outstretched, Jayson locked onto his target as he drew his right hand up over his shoulder, clutching the Pokeball in his hand. Satisfied that he has his target in his sights, Jayson swings his right arm forward, pitching the ball and sending it spinning towards the Honedge with dazzling speed.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #206
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Gemini Spark- After a rather sloppy embrace with your two newly evolved Pokemon, you make your way over to discuss what to do next. You suggest that you make your way back to the ranch first, it would make sense to make sure everything was alright there first. Emily agrees, giving you a firm nod. "You're right Hyrem, anything could have happened while we were away, we better make sure nothing happened back home. I can't remember the name of the guy my parents were meeting, but I would say there is a fair chance that this is him." Hoping onto your quads, you quickly resolve seating issues as Nissa jumps up into the trees. Henrietta settles into the basket by herself, while Emily is forced to withdraw the hulking Seismitoad into her Pokeball, Ginny being much larger than she was.

Ready to go, you ride off down the trail back towards the ranch, Nissa deftly leaping from branch to branch, easily keeping up with the quads. You're almost back to the ranch when Emily slams on the brakes, quickly skidding to a stop. You pull up next to her, just in time for her to give you a shoosh finger. "Can you hear that?" Without the roaring of the quads, you easily hear the sound. A somewhat familiar roar was getting closer, moving away from the ranch and through the swamp. "Could that be Wendy?" Emily asks, "should we try and track her down?"

Biggggg5- Dropping your backpack, you rush towards Geddy, hoping Hotstuff and Harrison's Squirtle would be able to draw the Gigalith's attention. Harrison quickly picks up on what you're trying to do, issuing orders to his Squirtle as Hotstuff lets out an intimidating growl, reducing the Rock types attack. "Alright Squirtle, one more Water Pulse then let's bring it down with a Hydropump." The Squirtle gives his trainer a nod, quickly forming another orb of water and slinging it at the Gigalith. The swirling water slams into the Rock type's head, causing it to moan in pain. Not just that however, as the Gigalith seems unsteady, perhaps becoming confused from that last attack. It fires a Power Gem that strikes Harrison's Squirtle, sending it tumbling backwards. Having switched its attention onto the Water type, the Gigalith has given you just the opening you needed. You grab onto Geddy with both hands, holding him like a sawn off shotgun as he begins to glisten. You grip the little eel tighter as he fires a Flash Cannon, striking the Gigalith in the chest with another Super Effective blow.

The compressed Pokemon looks to be on its last legs as Hotstuff fires another Hidden Power at it, continuing to exploit its multiple weaknesses. As Geddy prepares to fire once more, you notice the Gigalith lock eyes on you. Its crystals begin to glow again, a sign it is preparing yet another Power Gem. The attack is launched, at first you close your eyes in fear of the attack connecting with you, but the attack never. You hear a pained cry and your eyes snap open, looking around you notice Harrison's Squirtle has been knocked unconscious. Geddy quickly fires off a final Flash Cannon, causing the Gigalith to collapse to the ground, joining the Squirtle in the realm of the unconscious. With the Gigalith down, you can now clearly see the door behind it, which hopefully concealed the Sableye you had been searching for.

"Arceus damn it", swears Harrison as he withdraws the Squirtle into a Pokeball. "You better hope the Sableye is alone, Squirtle is my only Pokemon and he won't be fighting for a while. How about we look behind that door?"

Old 01-06-2018, 01:43 AM   #207
deoxys
Fog Badge

If you are still active and are one of my updatees, please let me know. Missingno. Master, please check your PMs.

Sorry about... well, you know. Let's get this show on the road then, yaes?

SandaaUpdate Music

Upon smiling and extending your open palm to the girl, her sobbing came to a halt. She looked at you with confusion, wiping the tears off of her cheeks. Despite her appearance being that of a teenager, there was something about this girl that left you with the odd impression that you were speaking to a young child.

She slowly and gently placed her palm into your hand and stood up slowly, color slowly returning to her previously dreary eyes. The orange sky from the setting sun reflected peacefully in her large, bright blue eyes. The back of your head stung, for some reason.

Suddenly, there was a cry. “Dahlia!” A man’s voice rang out, echoing through the valleys of the Cloud Garden. “I’m here! Dahlia, I’m here now!”

“P-papa!?” The girl perked up. You turned to look for the voice – where was it coming from? Suddenly, an image of the man began to appear beside you, flickering and ghostlike. You weren’t able to make out his face, though. He knelt to one knee and turned to the girl.

“Sweetheart! Your daddy is here now! I’m here, everything is going to be okay, my sweet Dahlia!”

You turned back to her once more, taken aback by the fact that she now appeared to be young child, no longer a teenager. She started tearing up, and let go of your hand, running toward the flickering figure of the man. “Papa! Daddy! I was so scared…!” The girl ran into her father’s arms. Upon embracing him, the man’s image stopped flickering, and became solid, no longer ghostlike. The Cloud Garden began to fade as the sun clipped behind the horizon, and the darkness enveloped you completely.

You were alone now. The girl and her father had disappeared, reunited at last. Your head no longer hurt, and your body felt completely numb. Just… darkness.

“Thank you.”

A voice?

The rainstorm continued, but was no longer violent. Each raindrop fell from the sky, plopping against your face gently and with the temperament of what most would consider to be a “normal” rain storm. The wet shale underneath of you revealed that you were once more lying upon the shore. Your head – it hurt, but upon inspection, revealed that there was nothing wrong with it.

Aero perked up from the ocean in front of you, the waves having significantly calmed. Beside him was a small group of Alomomola, all of which shared a look of concern. One was concentrating fiercely as it blasted a focused wave of Heal Pulse directly at you. In the distance, Devine continued to skirt around the water, battling a now significantly smaller Wishiwashi. The Pokemon was still quite large, but definitely no longer the size of a building.

The important thing was you were alive, somehow, and your surroundings were very different than when you had last seen them…

134Update Music

“Tate, I really do believe you should come have some tea. As I said, I insist.” Upon uttering the last word, the woman’s eyelids opened, revealing completely ink black eyes behind them. You opened the door, Lele at your side, fluttering to and fro anxiously, ready to figure out what was going on.

The door opened with ease. The room revealed on the other side showed a woman in a rocking chair, gently rocking back and forth overlooking the warm fireplace in front of her, which was the only source of light in the otherwise dark room. Aside from the popping and crackling of the burning wood, it was quiet – peaceful. A Pokemon of some kind sat on the woman’s lap. She stroked it gently. An empty chair sat beside her, also rocking back and forth. What appeared to be claw marks sunk into the wooden floorboards of the room. Bits of black fur could be found lying to and fro within the light of the fire. There was no other conclusion that could be reasonably drawn – there had been a struggle here.

“Come,” she said, unwavering. She lifted her hand and pointed to the chair beside her. It immediately stopped moving. “Sit.”

This woman had a different voice from the one inside of the adoption center. What did she want?

“If you try to decline once more,” she said in a low voice that slowly shifted into the voice of the butler, “then you are going to have a problem.”
Old 01-06-2018, 02:38 AM   #208
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Biggggg5- Dropping your backpack, you rush towards Geddy, hoping Hotstuff and Harrison's Squirtle would be able to draw the Gigalith's attention. Harrison quickly picks up on what you're trying to do, issuing orders to his Squirtle as Hotstuff lets out an intimidating growl, reducing the Rock types attack. "Alright Squirtle, one more Water Pulse then let's bring it down with a Hydropump." The Squirtle gives his trainer a nod, quickly forming another orb of water and slinging it at the Gigalith. The swirling water slams into the Rock type's head, causing it to moan in pain. Not just that however, as the Gigalith seems unsteady, perhaps becoming confused from that last attack. It fires a Power Gem that strikes Harrison's Squirtle, sending it tumbling backwards. Having switched its attention onto the Water type, the Gigalith has given you just the opening you needed. You grab onto Geddy with both hands, holding him like a sawn off shotgun as he begins to glisten. You grip the little eel tighter as he fires a Flash Cannon, striking the Gigalith in the chest with another Super Effective blow.

The compressed Pokemon looks to be on its last legs as Hotstuff fires another Hidden Power at it, continuing to exploit its multiple weaknesses. As Geddy prepares to fire once more, you notice the Gigalith lock eyes on you. Its crystals begin to glow again, a sign it is preparing yet another Power Gem. The attack is launched, at first you close your eyes in fear of the attack connecting with you, but the attack never. You hear a pained cry and your eyes snap open, looking around you notice Harrison's Squirtle has been knocked unconscious. Geddy quickly fires off a final Flash Cannon, causing the Gigalith to collapse to the ground, joining the Squirtle in the realm of the unconscious. With the Gigalith down, you can now clearly see the door behind it, which hopefully concealed the Sableye you had been searching for.

"Arceus damn it", swears Harrison as he withdraws the Squirtle into a Pokeball. "You better hope the Sableye is alone, Squirtle is my only Pokemon and he won't be fighting for a while. How about we look behind that door?"
Squirtle and Hotstuff continue to pelt the gigalith with their water typed moves and the gigalith seems to have made the Squirtle its main target as it launches a power gem at it. Big felt a little bad to put someone else's pokemon on the front line to take like that but reasoned that it was all in the name of getting the gems back. He also makes note that the rock pokemon immediately switched to using power gem after Hotstuff's growl went off. Either this guy is smarter than we realize or that sableye is and has more direct control than I would have thought. Big thinks to himself but has thoughts that the former would be more likely. As Geddy fires off the flash cannon Big's eyes meet the gigalith's. "Uh oh." He says and instinctively turns his back to shield Geddy from the incoming power gem. However the pain never comes and as soon as Big realizes he spins back to see that the squirtle had protected him from the attack, and had gotten knocked out in the process. He unwillingly lets out a sigh of relief but quickly aims Geddy once more to fire off the last Flash cannon to fell the beast.

With the rock pokemon out of the way Big goes to retrieve his backpack. "Thank you for the assistance Officer." Big replies. "I doubt either of our parties could have taken that poor thing on alone." He says and looks at the fallen thing. "I don't know if you have a radio signal down here but we should see about getting it some help on our way out." Geddy floats out of Big's arms somewhat weakly. "I guess that's back eh?" Geddy says a tiny bit weakly. "Why don't you get some rest, you'll be backup against the sableye." Big says recalling the tynamo as the electric type nods. Big heads over to the door. "No worries. We'll handle whatever is on the other side of this." With Hotstuff eager at his side Big opens the door.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:47 AM   #209
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
SandaaUpdate Music

Upon smiling and extending your open palm to the girl, her sobbing came to a halt. She looked at you with confusion, wiping the tears off of her cheeks. Despite her appearance being that of a teenager, there was something about this girl that left you with the odd impression that you were speaking to a young child.

She slowly and gently placed her palm into your hand and stood up slowly, color slowly returning to her previously dreary eyes. The orange sky from the setting sun reflected peacefully in her large, bright blue eyes. The back of your head stung, for some reason.

Suddenly, there was a cry. “Dahlia!” A man’s voice rang out, echoing through the valleys of the Cloud Garden. “I’m here! Dahlia, I’m here now!”

“P-papa!?” The girl perked up. You turned to look for the voice – where was it coming from? Suddenly, an image of the man began to appear beside you, flickering and ghostlike. You weren’t able to make out his face, though. He knelt to one knee and turned to the girl.

“Sweetheart! Your daddy is here now! I’m here, everything is going to be okay, my sweet Dahlia!”

You turned back to her once more, taken aback by the fact that she now appeared to be young child, no longer a teenager. She started tearing up, and let go of your hand, running toward the flickering figure of the man. “Papa! Daddy! I was so scared…!” The girl ran into her father’s arms. Upon embracing him, the man’s image stopped flickering, and became solid, no longer ghostlike. The Cloud Garden began to fade as the sun clipped behind the horizon, and the darkness enveloped you completely.

You were alone now. The girl and her father had disappeared, reunited at last. Your head no longer hurt, and your body felt completely numb. Just… darkness.

“Thank you.”

A voice?

The rainstorm continued, but was no longer violent. Each raindrop fell from the sky, plopping against your face gently and with the temperament of what most would consider to be a “normal” rain storm. The wet shale underneath of you revealed that you were once more lying upon the shore. Your head – it hurt, but upon inspection, revealed that there was nothing wrong with it.

Aero perked up from the ocean in front of you, the waves having significantly calmed. Beside him was a small group of Alomomola, all of which shared a look of concern. One was concentrating fiercely as it blasted a focused wave of Heal Pulse directly at you. In the distance, Devine continued to skirt around the water, battling a now significantly smaller Wishiwashi. The Pokemon was still quite large, but definitely no longer the size of a building.

The important thing was you were alive, somehow, and your surroundings were very different than when you had last seen them…
Wooo! Welcome back :]

Gary smiled as the girl calmed down and took his hand. As he thought about his next step in returning the girl to her lost father, the nagging feeling he had felt before continued to poke at the back of his head. He couldn’t quite put a finger on it, but there was something he needed to be doing right now. The feeling continued to throb and he instinctively reached to feel the back of his head only to come up with nothing. However, his focus pulled away from the sting as a sudden haunting voice echoed across the Cloud Garden.

Looking around to find the source, Gary in his dreamlike state didn’t seem to find anything peculiar behind the physics of the event; he simply sought the voice that claimed to be the girl’s father so that he could achieve his goal. The girl was ecstatic as the ghostly image of a man appeared before them. Gary couldn’t quite make out the face, but there was something familiar about him. The girl let go of Gary’s hand and leapt forward into her father’s arms. It was a touching scene and Gary couldn’t help but smile to see the two reunited.

No sooner than the two embraced that the images before Gary quickly faded away along with the whisper of a ‘thank you,’ leaving him in a sea of darkness inside his own mind. The sea… Like a pair of puzzle pieces coming together, Gary suddenly felt a cold splash of water wash over him, bringing him out of his dreamlike state. His body didn’t appear to be moving, having washed up onto solid ground, and Gary slowly opened his eyes to see what was going on. Rain continued to trickle down but much softer than before. “Maaaan,” the call of Gary’s trusted Mantine cried out, overjoyed to see his trainer regaining his senses. “Aero, what’s going on?” he asked, suddenly feeling another twinge of pain on the back of his head. As he reached up to feel it once again, Gary felt a sudden warmth throughout his body. From the looks of things, a group of wild Alomomola had focused their efforts on keeping him alive with their Heal Pulse. “Thank you so much,” he smiled warmly at them, tempted to send out his own Alomomola to parlay with the group before a loud “Dra!” snapped him out of his revel.

Gary’s head whipped in the direction of the sound, to find Devine the Kingdra still locked in combat with the monstrous Wishiwashi. It was a bit smaller than it was before; an indication that Devine had been slowly chipping away at its strength over the course of her battle. It suddenly dawned on Gary as he mumbled, “How long was I out for anyway? What even happened to me, for that matter? Did I die?” He was having trouble remembering the details of his out of body experience, but that didn’t matter right now. Devine needed his help. As he made eye contact with his Kingdra, she looked very relieved to see that her trainer was doing okay. She was also completely worn out.

Getting back to his feet, Gary waded into the water and climbed onto Aero’s back. He wasn’t about to let a near-death experience keep him away from getting back into the ocean. Holding on tight to Aero, Gary acknowledged that he wasn’t quite at full strength just yet so he shouldn’t get too reckless. Turning to the Alomomola once again, Gary called out, “Thank you again for saving me! I’ll make it up to you somehow! Let’s go Aero, but keep a safe distance this time.” Gary pulled out a Lure Ball and held it out. “Come on back, Devi. You deserve a rest!” He then pulled out a Luxury Ball and released the Pokemon inside. “It’s your turn now, Levi! Let’s not let Devi’s work go to waste!” A small Skrelp appeared before him in a bright flash. Not wanting to let down his seahorse counterpart, Leviathan listened carefully to his trainer’s orders as he sized up the Wishiwashi. “Start things off with an Acid Armor to boost your defenses and then give it a taste of your Dragon Pulse! Then let’s hit it with your Venoshock!” Gary knew that some Skrelp like Leviathan exhibited the Adaptability to boost attacks of their own nature, and he had hoped that Devine’s Toxic from earlier was still in effect as he planned his next move.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-07-2018, 04:09 AM   #210
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Gemini Spark- After a rather sloppy embrace with your two newly evolved Pokemon, you make your way over to discuss what to do next. You suggest that you make your way back to the ranch first, it would make sense to make sure everything was alright there first. Emily agrees, giving you a firm nod. "You're right Hyrem, anything could have happened while we were away, we better make sure nothing happened back home. I can't remember the name of the guy my parents were meeting, but I would say there is a fair chance that this is him." Hoping onto your quads, you quickly resolve seating issues as Nissa jumps up into the trees. Henrietta settles into the basket by herself, while Emily is forced to withdraw the hulking Seismitoad into her Pokeball, Ginny being much larger than she was.

Ready to go, you ride off down the trail back towards the ranch, Nissa deftly leaping from branch to branch, easily keeping up with the quads. You're almost back to the ranch when Emily slams on the brakes, quickly skidding to a stop. You pull up next to her, just in time for her to give you a shoosh finger. "Can you hear that?" Without the roaring of the quads, you easily hear the sound. A somewhat familiar roar was getting closer, moving away from the ranch and through the swamp. "Could that be Wendy?" Emily asks, "should we try and track her down?"
At Hyrem's suggestion of heading back to Emily's farm, she agreed. "You're right Hyrem, anything could have happened while we were away, we better make sure nothing happened back home. I can't remember the name of the guy my parents were meeting, but I would say there is a fair chance that this is him," she said, referring to the name on the business card. As Nissa took to the trees, Henrietta sat in the crate, leaning forward so she could grasp onto her trainer's shoulders while he was driving through the rougher parts. Unfortunately, Ginny was too big to fit in the crate on Emily's ATV, so she had to put her newly evolved Seismitoad into her Pokeball.

As they drove back to the farm, Nissa keeping up with the two under her own power as she knew she would, Emily suddenly stopped her own vehicle and motioned for everyone else to stop and be quiet. "Can you hear that?" she whispered. Soon enough, a very familiar roar was heard, and getting louder. "Could that be Wendy? Should we try and track her down?"
"That definitely sounds like her, and she sounds like she's coming to us! She wouldn't have left the Seismitoad unless it was important; let's get to a place where she can find us in the air!" He then waited for her to lead them to a clearing, while Nissa climbed her way to the top of the tree so she could signal Wendy down. Hopefully, Wendy wouldn't pass by them while looking for them.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #211
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade- With Volg succumbing to the dark aura, you place hope in the Riolu. The young fighting type had managed to purify the water, surely he could do something similar for Volg? You try to reach out to the Riolu, hoping it would be able to sense your intentions. The Riolu seems to understand what you want, but whether it will be able to fulfill your requests is unsure. You ignite Volg's fury further, talking about Zyll in order to get the Charmander to focus his energy of the Deino. The tactic is successful, perhaps too much so as Volg attacks with relentless force. He rushes the Zyll, the Deino attempts to roar and put a bit of reluctance into the Charmander, but the Fire types mind is not his own. Coated in Dragon energy, he slams into Zyll, sending the blind dragon crashing into the wall of the tunnel. The Riolu seems reluctant to approach Volg in his current state, seemingly lacking the confidence to carry out such an action.

Zyll groans as he rises to his feet, Volg wasn't himself but he was still as strong, perhaps even stronger. Bellowing, the Deino rushes forward and headbutts the Charmander, slamming head first into his stomach. Volg skids backwards, remaining on his feet as he flinches. Zyll rams the Charmander with another headbutt, but Volg almost seems to grin. Suddenly his tail erupts as his Blaze is activated, the towering, black stained flame symbolized a drastic increase in his power. At close range Volg smashes Zyll with a Fire Blast. Despite resisting the attack, the sheer power Volg is packing at the moment means the Deino is devastated by the blow. Burns cover the Deino's chest, Zyll appears to just be clinging on. A sinister smile rests on Volg's face as he prepares to finish off Zyll, who can do nothing to defend himself at this point. Suddenly the Riolu leaps at Volg, spurred on by Zyll's fighting spirit. It slams its palm into the possessed Charmander's side, hitting a pressure point that causes his body to stiffen with paralysis.

Zyll was all but beaten, Volg was weakening but possessed incredible strength and the Riolu had shown some signs of strength. Hoping that mark on the bottom of the pool could provide some assistance, you submerge yourself, reaching out to touch the mark. As your fingers reach the glowing symbol, your body is struck with unimaginable pain. You quickly pull your hand back, but not before your mind is flushed with thoughts of pain and suffering. You feel unmeasurable anger and hatred like nothing you had ever experienced before. Gasping for air you retreat to the side of the pool, it appears the mark might actually be the source of the darkness.....
As Rorik touched the mark, a sudden rush of images flooded his mind, each more unpleasant than the one before. The death of his mother from an unknown illness when he and Erik were infants; each and every time Ulrik had insulted or beaten him; the look of sheer disdain on Champion Gottfried's face for some failure he couldn't quite recall; a terrifying vision of all of Heiml burning...

This... this isn't the solution. It's the heart of the problem!

Immediately, he pulled back, hand burning. All Rorik could think to do was return to the surface for some much-needed air and to clear his head of those bone-chilling visions. Not that what awaited him up there was much better...

Zyll had been beaten within an inch of his life, and Riolu had failed to purify Volg. The Charmander's flame burned as fierce as Rorik had ever seen, and his eyes were still clouded by malice and savage instinct. The paralysis inflicted by Riolu was almost certainly angering him further, and unless Rorik moved fast, a catastrophe might happen. He didn't want to do it, but it seemed there was no alternative - if they had to hurt Volg to snap him out of that trance, like they'd done to Decidueye...

... so be it, damn it!

He had to summon all of his strength to pull himself out of the lake, out of that pool of alluring darkness. Dragging himself to shore, the Professor-turned-Trainer dragged himself across the rocky floor, before muscling back to his feet.

"VOOOLG!"

Rorik's shout, uncharacteristic and desperate, intended to draw the enraged drake's attention. It was the only way to... do what had to be done.
Slowly, moving cautiously not to elicit an enraged strike, Rorik made his way over to Volg, attempting to position himself between the Charmander and the downed Deino.

"Where does that hatred come from? Volg, what are you really after?" inquires the man, moved by some strange and foreign courage. As he spoke, he looked not at Charmander, but at the Riolu behind him. "Is it me you're after? Am I the cause of all that pain? If so, I... I'm right here!"

Please, Riolu... strike again! Another Force Palm, quickly!

All he could hope was that the Aura Pokemon could strike unopposed; if he succeeded, and with Volg already Paralyzed, maybe Zyll would have an opening. He could sense the usually quiet drake's rising restlessness, his own darkness being stirred by the pain inflicted on him by Volg. Soon, that anger would explode in a Dragon Rage...

If we can weaken Volg enough, you should have an opportunity to try and heal him! Please Riolu, give it another shot!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 PM   #212
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
=-------------------~Morningstar~-------------------=
As the door swung open, a middle aged woman with flowing brown hair opened the door. Her eyes were puffy and red, with what looked to be black makeup running down her face. She glanced at you, her gaze reflecting sadness as she looked at your face. Her expression changed considerably when she looked down at Mae, causing her features to light up and tears to start flowing again. She grabbed the little girl and pulled her into a tight hug, sobbing into her hair as she clutched her daughter's back tightly. As you spoke, the woman stepped away from Mae and smiled warmly at you --- wiping the tears from her face with her sleeves. She tried to gain her composure before beginning to speak to you, sniffling back her tears.

"God bless you Athena!" She sniffed back another sob as she looked down at her daughter, her arms shaking with relief and fear. "Mae snuck out of her room... a-and when I checked on her and she was gone I panicked! I thought she got taken by someone.." She wiped her eyes once again, glancing sternly at her daughter. "Why did you leave your room?" She asked, her voice seeping with anger but with a more concerned undertone. The small girl looked down at her feet shyly, looking at her tattered dress while letting her long black hair hang by her knees.

"I saw a weird light mommy! It was over by pop-pop's house! I thought it was pop-pop calling me to come over, so I brought a story to read him!" She was pleading, her earnest sensibilities of the world coming to light. You could see her mother let out a deep sigh, shaking as it came out of her body. "I bumped into a candle... and I woke up in Miss Athena's arms." Her mother looked at you, trying to confirm the story --- to which you gave a nod. "She even took me to see pop-pop before we came home!" Mae's face lit up in a smile, and her mother turned back to you.

"Is that right?" She smiled at you, tutting at her daughter as she spoke to you. "I think you should get off to bed sweetheart, mommy wants to talk to your new friend." Mae smiled at you, bidding goodnight as she squeezed past her mother. Her mother smiled at you warmly, pressing a few things into your hands after her daughter left. "We don't have much, but you've done so much for me already... I insist you take these." She pressed $500 into your hands, a small piece of paper with a red dot on it, a purple disc, as well as a small ribbon covered in Polka Dots.

"I really can't thank you enough, you're welcome to come see us any time!" She smiled, cupping her hands over the one she presented she placed the gifts in.

You received:
x1 TM Shadow Ball
x1 Polka Dot Bow
x1 Spell Tag
$500 Pokedollars

((This concludes this adventure, you are welcome to move onto another area in LMN which I would be happy to update you in once again ^^. It's been a slice darling.))

The door opened and Athena came face to face with the face of an obviously distressed woman. Athena felt her heart ache to think of what this poor woman had been through the past few hours. Mae was immediately swept up by her mother and Athena shed a few tears of her own at the reunion. Mae explained her reasons for leaving the house on her own. Athena felt Palmier's ball wiggle rather angrily as Mae retold her encounter with his captivating light. Mae ran into the house and Athena waved good bye. Once she was gone, her mother began placing several items into Athena's hands.

"Oh, madam, I really can't-" She tried to refuse but the woman insisted. "I'm just glad I was able to get her home safe, really. Thank you." She placed the items in her bag and bid the woman farewell. Maybe she would visit again, and actually get a chance to see the lover's grave, but for now she was exhausted. Palmier would also do well to see life outside the graveyard, where it wasn't socially acceptable to steal souls from little girls.

Thank you dear Naru!! Claiming the following:
x1 TM Shadow Ball
x1 Polka Dot Bow
x1 Spell Tag
$500 Pokedollars
Château du Roi Fou - Castle of the Mad King

"You look kind of like a prince, don't you?" Athena held up the round Pokemon. Backdropped by the aged castle, her newest addition to the team looked rather regal.
"Pii!" The Togepi squealed happily, wiggling his arms and legs as it was lifted high into the air. Athena brought him back into her arms and gave him a cuddle. Croquette was sweet, but he was so new to the world that Athena felt like he barely knew him. He clung to her as any baby would, but she was sure he was up to adventuring.
The castle was something she had admired from a distance when visiting The City of Jesters and Thieves during the Halloween festivities. Though she was looking for something new, she couldn't help but be intrigrued by a culture so similar to Kalos. The region had its share of "mad kings" she had learned plenty about in history classes. She thought back to days playing with her twin brothers, she was the princess and they were made to be her servants. Their dad made them stop once her brothers staged a coup and locked her out of the house for several hours. The trainer wondered if Croquette would get along with her other Pokemon. Or would they also fight like siblings?
Athena placed Croquette on the ground for a moment and took out her phone. She tried to pose the Togepi for a picture but he began waddling away, more interested in getting on with exploring the castle than pretending to be a prince any longer.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #213
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Lit

The Beldum's eyes widened, a wild look in it's eyes. It was terrified, filled with fear towards the young man that was approaching him. He didn't want to be captured, he wanted to see his family again. As the trainer came closer, it seemed as though they were here to comfort him. He felt a wave a relief sweep over him, until he saw the look in your eyes. The Beldum could not run, it could only squirm feebly on the floor in a poor last ditch attempt to get away from you and your Litwick. It let out a weak 'Bell...' begging you to just let it die, let it die here in peace surrounded by the rubble that was once it's home. It was poetic in a way, the sense that everyone and everything came to ruin. Although the Beldum was noble, you couldn't resist the urge to help it pass on. As you eyed it's suffering and contorted body, you felt compelled to ensure it's passage to the great elder gods. As your throat began to feel tight, you realized there was no escaping it now. The Beldum wanted to scream, but unfortunately, it had no mouth to do so.

As you began to chant, the Beldum could only watch in frozen horror --- it's entire being feeling like it was cemented in place. As the black bile poured from your mouth, Wisp could only watch in horror. It was a reserved sense of horror, it knew that everything you were doing had a purpose and that it must finish it. As you raised your hand, smearing the bile on it's eye, it began to struggle rapidly. It didn't want this, it wanted no part of this. Wisp looked at the struggling creature with a sense of duty, beginning to trap the poor metal creature in a rapid vortex of swirling flames.

You took this chance to begin crawling ahead, finding your way through the dark tunnel without your light. It wasn't the first time you had been alone in the darkness, and you were sure it wouldn't be your last. As you made your way down, you saw a small flicker of light just ahead of you. You crawled more rapidly at this point, finding yourself in another part of the castle --- seemingly further down than you were before. You don't remember being on a slope, but maybe this was a simple part of the madness that was gradually consuming every inch of you as you encroached yourself deeper. But that was just a silly old folktale, right? As you stood, brushing yourself off, you noticed a few locked jail cells ahead of you, as well as a few skeletons hanging off of shackles on the wall. It seems that you had found yourself in the dungeons of the castle, why that creature wanted you down here was a mystery in itself. However, you decided to trudge forward.

As you walked down the stone halls, you noticed something standing by a (hopefully) out of order guillotine. It was a black object, shining yellow eyes piercing your very presence. You realized that this was different from what you were pursuing earlier, but it seemed to be waiting for you.

A͚̖̟͖͇̯͘ų̘̮̱̮s̺̤̟̥ț̛͉͉̞͙̟i҉̮̩̭̼̥͕n̤̥̜.́ ̗͍͙̲͔͉

You felt yourself get dizzy, you swore you could hear this ghostly apparition speaking to you... but it's words were jumbled. Loud garbles that seemed to permeate themselves into your very skull, not words that you were actually hearing.

J̵̧̺̦̭͚̭͘͟͞ó̧͙̟̤̟̬̻͘͟ì̴̶̼̲̠̩̰͖̱͞ń̪̼̮̗̗͉̬̥͜ͅͅ ̴̛͇͙̣͉̞̮̫̯͉͔̤̱̰̦͠͠m͏̺̘͎̳͕̰̯̬̞̀͡e͟҉̭͖͍̫́̕,̵̧̡̞̙͖͈̞͖ ̘̖̪̙̙̺̲͔͍̙̝̲ ̢͚̪̲̬̗̹̟͙̤͍̪̣͉͜͜͡A͏̬̖̹̠̱̩̦̦͇̜̝̜̲̻̙̝͢͜ͅù͚͉̪̫̝̘̠͞͠s ̶̡̡̘̭͙͍t̨̨̼͎̦̖͎̳̙̭̱͍̀̀͡ͅi̫͓̠͇̥̦͖͍̝̟̘̻͘͜͡ņ̸̴͍̰̖̩ͅͅ ͇̫̳͇͕

It wanted you, and you could feel yourself being dragged towards it. It's grin shining, like the reflective sheen of a zipper. Was this how you met your end, you could feel your body forcibly bending down --- almost ready to put your head on the cold wood of the guillotine.

What do you do?

TKF

The Honedge huffed, staring defiantly up at the mighty brown owl that would bring forth it's undoing. If it was going down, at least it would be going down with a fight. It's eyes widened as it saw Atalanta disappear in a brilliant flash of red light, causing it's gaze to come to rest on you and Sylvi. It's gaze was filled with pure hatred, and you swore that if it was still in fighting condition it would be coming at you with unbridled fury --- swinging itself rapidly. However, it just laid on the ground, like a discarded sword from a battle that was long ago fought on this very field. It's banner hung loosely, feeling defeated. Sylvi couldn't help but pity the poor creature, but she knew that Jayson had only done this to protect the two of them. She felt relief wash over her as she watched the Pokeball soar through the air. At least he didn't leave the poor creature defenseless out here all alone.

The ball hit the sword squarely, causing it to shake on the ground a few times. With a few short vibrations, the ball clicked itself shut, rolling onto it's side. Sylvi smiled as you bent down to pick up the Pokeball, watching you intently. Although you already had a nice sword, she was sure that such a marvelous Pokemon would suit you greatly.

Congratulations! You caught a Level 22 Male Honedge! // Atalanta gained 3 levels!

With the battle coming to a close, Sylvi approached you, some Pokemon medicine in hand. "Here, let me at least heal Atalanta for you." She smiled, "it's the least I can do, Mr. Knight." She gave you a kiss on the cheek, her lips feeling very soft on your skin. Sylvi smirked coyly, pulling out the map once again and pointing at a few other areas. "I know I was rude before, but seeing you handle yourself makes me want to explore this decrepit place. What part of the castle would you like to see next?" She pushed herself next to you, letting you take a look at her map. Upon her hip brushing against yours, you couldn't help but feel something hard push itself into your leg. Looking down, you noticed that in all the action, Slyvi's overskirt had lifted slightly --- revealing her tights, as well as a weapon holster that was hidden by the long skirt. It was secured to her upper leg, and looked as though it was containing a shining silver blade. Maybe your "bard" was more than she appeared to be.

Where would you like to go? What do you do?

Morningstar

The young Togepi was growing to be quite the little ball of spunk, as you set him down to pose for a picture in front of the new castle he slowly began to waddle away from you. Trying to get closer to the castle, he looked like an ant. Especially as he pushed on the hulking doors that made up the entrance way. You smiled to yourself, coming to it's side and pushing open the doors. To appease the little egg, you also made sure to make it look like you were struggling until he began to help you push. He might be a handful at times, but you had to admit that having such an adorable baby-like Pokemon was somewhat fulfilling. As you entered the door, you immediately noticed that the castle was in poor repair. Most likely from the years of neglect that plagued the building, but you had to wonder why the locals wouldn't want to maintain such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

As you walked forward, you noticed lavishly coloured carpet pointing you forwards. However, you also noticed two hallways branching off on either side. There was no map to point you in a direction, but judging by the banners lining the center-most hallway that bared the royal crest --- it was a safe assumption that the center path lead to the throne room. The entire castle was dimly lit, the torches that lined the paths were unlit... but you couldn't help but smell the faint aroma of smoke that filled the castle. You couldn't help but feel like something.... or someone, was watching you. Shaking off the feeling slightly, but still feeling a little concerned, you stepped into the center of the room --- trying to get a look down the other two paths.

You noticed that down the left path you could see what appeared to be a table, but that was all you could make out. However, down the right one... you just saw a long hallway, it didn't seem to lead to any particular destination, unless there were stairs down it that lead to the higher reaches of the castle?

What do you do?

Last edited by Naru; 01-09-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #214
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TKF

The Honedge huffed, staring defiantly up at the mighty brown owl that would bring forth it's undoing. If it was going down, at least it would be going down with a fight. It's eyes widened as it saw Atalanta disappear in a brilliant flash of red light, causing it's gaze to come to rest on you and Sylvi. It's gaze was filled with pure hatred, and you swore that if it was still in fighting condition it would be coming at you with unbridled fury --- swinging itself rapidly. However, it just laid on the ground, like a discarded sword from a battle that was long ago fought on this very field. It's banner hung loosely, feeling defeated. Sylvi couldn't help but pity the poor creature, but she knew that Jayson had only done this to protect the two of them. She felt relief wash over her as she watched the Pokeball soar through the air. At least he didn't leave the poor creature defenseless out here all alone.

The ball hit the sword squarely, causing it to shake on the ground a few times. With a few short vibrations, the ball clicked itself shut, rolling onto it's side. Sylvi smiled as you bent down to pick up the Pokeball, watching you intently. Although you already had a nice sword, she was sure that such a marvelous Pokemon would suit you greatly.

Congratulations! You caught a Level 22 Male Honedge! // Atalanta gained 3 levels!

With the battle coming to a close, Sylvi approached you, some Pokemon medicine in hand. "Here, let me at least heal Atalanta for you." She smiled, "it's the least I can do, Mr. Knight." She gave you a kiss on the cheek, her lips feeling very soft on your skin. Sylvi smirked coyly, pulling out the map once again and pointing at a few other areas. "I know I was rude before, but seeing you handle yourself makes me want to explore this decrepit place. What part of the castle would you like to see next?" She pushed herself next to you, letting you take a look at her map. Upon her hip brushing against yours, you couldn't help but feel something hard push itself into your leg. Looking down, you noticed that in all the action, Slyvi's overskirt had lifted slightly --- revealing her tights, as well as a weapon holster that was hidden by the long skirt. It was secured to her upper leg, and looked as though it was containing a shining silver blade. Maybe your "bard" was more than she appeared to be.

Where would you like to go? What do you do?
Jayson collected the Pokeball, pleased with the capture. Atalanta had proven she was now considerably stronger, the Decidueye would likely prove even more adept once she got used to her new form. As Sylvi embraces him, Jayson catches sight of a shining silver blade strapped to her leg. What need would the bard have for such a weapon? Yes she would likely have to defend herself, but such an ornate weapon seemed odd in her possession. Perhaps there was something she wasn't telling him, but for what reason?

With Atalanta having just battled, Jayson figured it was time for her to have a rest. Holding up her ball he recalls her, replacing it on his belt. Boudicca would likely not be able to travel around much further before her size was an issue, so Jayson recalled the Mudsdale as well, before also recalling Trieu. He had a pair of Pokemon in mind who would enjoy exploring the castle further. Tossing out two Luxury Balls, Jayson revealed Ajax the Chespin and Iron Maiden the Ferroseed. The pair of spiky Grass types looked around eagerly, their new surroundings much to their likings. Maiden begins rolling around on the cobblestones, while Ajax begins to flex his muscles, looking around for something to fight.

"Alright you two, how about we explore a little more huh?" Jayson turns back to Slyvi, looking at the map. "Here we go, the armoury", Jayson pointed to a new spot on the map. "We might be able to find something interesting here, maybe even some more Pokemon to battle." Jayson wasn't going to address Sylvi's concealed weapon for now, instead he intended to wait and see how things played out.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #215
deoxys
Fog Badge

(RFing to finish up his story!)

Sandaa - Update Music

Devi was tired from holding off the giant school of fish Pokemon and happily returned to her ball to take a break. Thankfully the battle between the two powerful Pokemon wasn't a complete stalemate; Devi's successful poisoning of the titanic enemy left it badly poisoned - and now you were certain switching Levi in to take advantage of the situation was the best decision to bring this chaos to an end. As the Seadra evolution returned to her ball, the Wishiwashi wrapped itself in an Aqua Ring of thick sea water to help regain some of the damage it had taken over the course of its rough fight.

The tiny Skrelp leapt into the air with gusto, wrapping itself instantly in an armor of acid defensively, the Wishiwashi turned its attention to the small Pokemon but appeared to take it seriously even in spite of its small size. Immediately, the Wishiwashi retaliated with its own defensive maneuver, shooting the Skrelp a Tearful Look, making itself appear as pathetic and injured as possible to the small Pokemon in an effort to lower its attack and special attack stats. The Skrelp seemed to hold back a bit on its next move, as it appeared to lower its guard from the large enemy's attempt to appear weaker than it was.

Despite this, Levi mustered forth thick streams of poisonous venom from within, shooting them outward and wrapping them around the enemy giant before digging into the core of the Pokemon. The Wishiwashi let out a deafening roar in response as chunks of fish were ripped off of the outside layer from the near-lethal Venoshock. The Wishiwashi took a massive blow from the attack, an incredible amount of damage causing the monster to shrink even further, now appearing to be roughly the correct size of what a schooling Wishiwashi should be.

Wishiwashi sunk into the ocean water, the waves having calmed significantly alongside the storm. The Pokemon slipped through the water toward Levi before suddenly lurching out of the water with a painful roar, flinging its body to the side, flipping over the leafy seadragon and smashing its tail against it with a fierce blow from a Feint Attack, causing the Skrelp to flip up into the air above the ocean, flipping several times before landing several hundred feet away from the worn out monster, sustaining a sizable amount of damage.

The Wishiwashi seemed to be close to standing on its last legs, but this leviathan was showing that it was not going to go down without a fight.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:11 AM   #216
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
(RFing to finish up his story!)

Sandaa - Update Music

Devi was tired from holding off the giant school of fish Pokemon and happily returned to her ball to take a break. Thankfully the battle between the two powerful Pokemon wasn't a complete stalemate; Devi's successful poisoning of the titanic enemy left it badly poisoned - and now you were certain switching Levi in to take advantage of the situation was the best decision to bring this chaos to an end. As the Seadra evolution returned to her ball, the Wishiwashi wrapped itself in an Aqua Ring of thick sea water to help regain some of the damage it had taken over the course of its rough fight.

The tiny Skrelp leapt into the air with gusto, wrapping itself instantly in an armor of acid defensively, the Wishiwashi turned its attention to the small Pokemon but appeared to take it seriously even in spite of its small size. Immediately, the Wishiwashi retaliated with its own defensive maneuver, shooting the Skrelp a Tearful Look, making itself appear as pathetic and injured as possible to the small Pokemon in an effort to lower its attack and special attack stats. The Skrelp seemed to hold back a bit on its next move, as it appeared to lower its guard from the large enemy's attempt to appear weaker than it was.

Despite this, Levi mustered forth thick streams of poisonous venom from within, shooting them outward and wrapping them around the enemy giant before digging into the core of the Pokemon. The Wishiwashi let out a deafening roar in response as chunks of fish were ripped off of the outside layer from the near-lethal Venoshock. The Wishiwashi took a massive blow from the attack, an incredible amount of damage causing the monster to shrink even further, now appearing to be roughly the correct size of what a schooling Wishiwashi should be.

Wishiwashi sunk into the ocean water, the waves having calmed significantly alongside the storm. The Pokemon slipped through the water toward Levi before suddenly lurching out of the water with a painful roar, flinging its body to the side, flipping over the leafy seadragon and smashing its tail against it with a fierce blow from a Feint Attack, causing the Skrelp to flip up into the air above the ocean, flipping several times before landing several hundred feet away from the worn out monster, sustaining a sizable amount of damage.

The Wishiwashi seemed to be close to standing on its last legs, but this leviathan was showing that it was not going to go down without a fight.
Gary bobbed up and down as he calmly sat on Aero’s back from a safe distance, the choppy waves rocking them back and forth. He wiped the rain water from his brow with his forearm as drops trickled down his face. It was Leviathan’s first time in serious combat opposed to his usual training regimen, and the Skrelp had his fins full with the behemoth of a Wishiwashi before him. The legion of fish was an expert at survival tactics, being the physical embodiment of a defense mechanism, and making things hard for Levi to whittle its health down further.

Without warning, the Wishiwashi suddenly disappeared into the ocean’s depths only to appear moments later behind Leviathan, striking him with a Feint Attack. Gary could feel Aero’s desire to swim closer and help, but Gary gently pat him on the head. “This is Levi’s fight now,” Gary said softly as his eyes remained focused at the battle at hand. “We don’t want to break his concentration either, now do we? Besides, if we get closer, who’s going to make sure I don’t drown again?” He smiled faintly as he felt Aero relax a little.

“You’re doing great out there, Levi!” Gary called out, hoping to encourage his Skrelp. “Let’s keep wearing them down! Use your Double Team to stall out some of its stamina. Hopefully this will draw it in for another attack, and if it does then hit it with a Poison Tail! After that let’s hit it with another Venoshock!” Leviathan continued to show his back to his trainer, but Gary knew that his Pokemon was quite focused right now. All he could hope for was Levi to be able to put his plan into action.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #217
deoxys
Fog Badge

Sandaa -

The Skrelp picked itself up and regained focus, completely ready to take on the ferocious beast. Levi's rigorous trainings had prepared him for this moment, and he was ready to strike his foe with everything he had.

You called out to the leafy seadragon to retaliate from the Feint Attack with a double team. Levi acknowledged the command with his back to you, unwavering. Dozens upon dozens of copies of the poison-type manifested in the ocean water, leaving the Wishiwashi confused as to which copy was the real one.

The schooling fish Pokemon grew flustered at the Skrelp's trick, and sent a roaring wave of briny water in a high power stream across the line of Skrelp, attempting to attack each one until it hit the original. However, Levi anticipated the attack, lunging out from under the waves at the distracted Wishiwashi, penetrating its veil of water and smashing into the monster's backside with a full-powered Poison Tail. The Wishiwashi roared once again, shrinking even further as the poison sunk further into its core.

The Pokemon followed up with another Feint Attack, smacking the Skrelp into the air with a swing of its tail. The pain and anger must have been overwhelming for the monster, as the retaliatory attack this time was enough to deal a critical hit to the tiny seadragon. As Levi flew threw the air, writhing in pain, it managed to muster a sharp, solidified string of venom from within, shooting it toward the enemy Wishiwashi like a high speed spear. The Venoshock pierced the schooling Pokemon right through its core, causing it to let out another cry of pain.

Then, you heard it. The sound of crying returned, echoing through the wind. "Please," the woman's voice said, crying eerily in sync with the Wishiwashi, "bring this battle to an end. Free my spirit. Show me the way home. I'm ready to go."
Old 01-12-2018, 03:25 PM   #218
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa -

The Skrelp picked itself up and regained focus, completely ready to take on the ferocious beast. Levi's rigorous trainings had prepared him for this moment, and he was ready to strike his foe with everything he had.

You called out to the leafy seadragon to retaliate from the Feint Attack with a double team. Levi acknowledged the command with his back to you, unwavering. Dozens upon dozens of copies of the poison-type manifested in the ocean water, leaving the Wishiwashi confused as to which copy was the real one.

The schooling fish Pokemon grew flustered at the Skrelp's trick, and sent a roaring wave of briny water in a high power stream across the line of Skrelp, attempting to attack each one until it hit the original. However, Levi anticipated the attack, lunging out from under the waves at the distracted Wishiwashi, penetrating its veil of water and smashing into the monster's backside with a full-powered Poison Tail. The Wishiwashi roared once again, shrinking even further as the poison sunk further into its core.

The Pokemon followed up with another Feint Attack, smacking the Skrelp into the air with a swing of its tail. The pain and anger must have been overwhelming for the monster, as the retaliatory attack this time was enough to deal a critical hit to the tiny seadragon. As Levi flew threw the air, writhing in pain, it managed to muster a sharp, solidified string of venom from within, shooting it toward the enemy Wishiwashi like a high speed spear. The Venoshock pierced the schooling Pokemon right through its core, causing it to let out another cry of pain.

Then, you heard it. The sound of crying returned, echoing through the wind. "Please," the woman's voice said, crying eerily in sync with the Wishiwashi, "bring this battle to an end. Free my spirit. Show me the way home. I'm ready to go."
Gary smiled as his strategy had been pulled off by Levi fairly well. He had taken another hit from the Wishiwashi, but the distraction was able to buy him enough time to fire off another powerful Venoshock. Levi was still wincing from the critical hit he had taken, but was putting forth a valiant effort to remain focused on the battle at hand. “Just hang in there,” Gary called out, offering more encouragement to his Skrelp, “You’re doing great, Levi!”

The wind suddenly picked up, and the moaning voice from before cried out for him to end this battle and allow her spirit to pass on. Although he was familiar with the voice, Gary still had a hard time accepting the reality of it all as a chill went down his spine. He didn’t want to believe what had happened to him so far was real, but deep down he knew there was something supernatural going on here. He nodded slowly as he resolved in his mind to follow the woman’s words and help her find eternal peace. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a Dive Ball, ready to throw it once Levi was done. One way or another this creature’s rage will be pacified and then the spirit of the girl will be free.

Aero watched on with his trainer as the battle unfolded. It was challenging to restrain himself from assisting Levi, but he had faith that his teammate would be able to pull through. Leviathan was breathing hard, but the ghostly voice that echoed across the wind seemed to snap him to attention. There was some kind of powerful force at work here, and Levi looked like a fish possessed. The Skrelp cried out and began to glow as his body grew larger and longer. His fins extended and the kelp-like decorations on his body fanned out, becoming more ornate. Gary’s jaw dropped as he witnessed the evolution. “Levi… you’ve become a Dragalge, amazing! Just wait till Devi finds out!” Levi let out a confident trumpet from his long snout, ready to continue the battle. “Okay Levi, let’s take the battle to Wishiwashi! Go in for a Feint Attack and then follow it up with a Dragon Tail! Then let’s finish things off with a Dragon Pulse!” Levi nodded quickly and kept his sights on the school of fish as he prepared to strike.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #219
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Biggggg5- The door slowly creaks open on rusty hinges, however you somehow maintain some element of surprise. The tunnel continued for a short ways, your small party continued down it, dropping to a crouch as it opened up into a small room lit by a crackling fire. Looking around the room, the walls are covered in strange scratches, which seem to symbols of some kind. Geddy buzzes in your ear, signalling towards the small purple figure hunched over a table in the far corner of the room. You watch as it turns around, the Sableye walks across to the fire, selects a scrap of wood and tosses it into the flames.

"You were right", murmurs Officer Harrison, "but where are the gems?" You soon discover their location, as the Sableye reaches for a jar on the table. Unscrewing the lid, the Sableye tips the contents of the jar into its mouth, crunching down on the gems like rock candy. "Arceus damn it", swears Harrison, "there goes any chance of recovering the gems, I guess my job is done then." The officer rises to his feet, "do what you like with the Sableye, I need to file my report and get my Squirtle to the Pokemon Centre. I'll contact a friend about the Gigalith, he will see that it is looked after. You can have these as a thank you." Harrison hands you a small bag, opening it you find $500, TM Dazzling Gleam and an Assault Vest. "Best of luck, take care of your Pokemon." Officer Harrison then makes his exit, leaving you to handle the Sableye on your own.

(Forgot levels in your last update, Geddy and Hotstuff gained 2 levels)

Gemini Spark- You search for a nearby clearing and quickly find one, Wendy would surely have no trouble finding you there. You wait for a few minutes and then for a few more, but the Salamence didn't appear. You could still hear her roaring, but she didn't seem to be looking for you. Then you hear something else, the cracking of branches, followed by a pained cry for help. Not from a Pokemon though, it was a person crying out for help.

"Do you think Wendy would eat someone?" Emily questions, letting out a quick giggle before shifting back to a serious face. "We better get over to her and see what is up." It doesn't take long to locate the Salamence, Nissa and Henrietta work together to scout ahead and lead you to her. The Dragon seems to be in the possession of a new toy, a man dressed in black dangles upside down, his right leg lodged in the Salamence's mouth.

As Wendy turns to face you, the man sees you as well and begins to shout for help. "Help me! This beast attacked me out of nowhere!" Wendy let out a growl, seeming to disagree with the man's statement as she gives him a little shake.

"That Salamence was guarding my ranch, what exactly were you doing there?" Emily begins to question the man, turning to you she whispers in your ear. "I don't trust this guy, Wendy must have chased him for a good reason, perhaps we should interrogate him?" The girl seems concerned, perhaps aware that if this man was sent to her ranch, then her parents might be in trouble.

Maskerade- Pulling yourself out of the pool, you continue to taunt Volg, hoping to draw his attention. Mind still shook from the painful encounter in the water, you attempt to reach out to the Riolu once more. The young pup stares at you with concerned eyes, before looking down at his palm, apparently understanding your intentions, at least in part. As Volg's tail burns out of control, he Leers at you, causing your heart to flutter as you fail to see anything but hatred burning in his eyes. The Charmander moves closer to you, chest heaving, legs twitching as he fights against the paralysis that restricts his movements. Flaming fangs showing, the Charmander lashes out at you, causing you to toss up your arms in a futile attempt to protect yourself. The Charmander's fangs crunch down, searing the fur on the Riolu's left arm as it intercepts the attack, shielding you from the blow. The Fighting type thrusts its palm into the Charmander's chest, sending him skidding backwards with force. Zyll hobbles past your side, belching out a torrent of raging dragon fire.

Volg lets out a pained cry, his black tail flame bursts and he collapses to the ground. His tail flame soon returns to its regular colour, however the size of the flame is concerning. The flame burns dangerously low, you knew that if it was to go out, you would lose the Charmander forever. Zyll slumps to the ground, exhausted from the exchange with the Decidueye and Volg. Riolu rubs its right arm, it appears to be burnt where Volg had chomped down on him. The Decidueye was still unconscious, it was likely still recovering from damage it had taken, as well as the effects of the aura. Suddenly, Riolu lets out a bark, someone was coming.....

Zyll gained 3 levels

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 01-12-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:58 AM   #220
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Biggggg5- The door slowly creaks open on rusty hinges, however you somehow maintain some element of surprise. The tunnel continued for a short ways, your small party continued down it, dropping to a crouch as it opened up into a small room lit by a crackling fire. Looking around the room, the walls are covered in strange scratches, which seem to symbols of some kind. Geddy buzzes in your ear, signalling towards the small purple figure hunched over a table in the far corner of the room. You watch as it turns around, the Sableye walks across to the fire, selects a scrap of wood and tosses it into the flames.

"You were right", murmurs Officer Harrison, "but where are the gems?" You soon discover their location, as the Sableye reaches for a jar on the table. Unscrewing the lid, the Sableye tips the contents of the jar into its mouth, crunching down on the gems like rock candy. "Arceus damn it", swears Harrison, "there goes any chance of recovering the gems, I guess my job is done then." The officer rises to his feet, "do what you like with the Sableye, I need to file my report and get my Squirtle to the Pokemon Centre. I'll contact a friend about the Gigalith, he will see that it is looked after. You can have these as a thank you." Harrison hands you a small bag, opening it you find $500, TM Dazzling Gleam and an Assault Vest. "Best of luck, take care of your Pokemon." Officer Harrison then makes his exit, leaving you to handle the Sableye on your own.

(Forgot levels in your last update, Geddy and Hotstuff gained 2 levels)
As they enter the room Hotstuff tugs on Big's pant leg and points out the sableye sitting by a fire. Big's eyes are immediately locked onto it and he grows still. He barely registers the officer's words as Harrison sighs dejectedly at not being able to recover the gems. He offers a reward to big who takes it muttering a thanks softly, almost rudely. Without breaking his gaze on the sableye he absently pushes the TM, cash and assault vest into his backpack before righting himself. He gives a nod of goodbye as the officer leaves and readies himself for battle. "You ready to catch another one?" Big asks Hotstuff who nods eagerly. "I'm all fired up!" The charmander says punching a claw into the other and his tail flaring up but then staggering back a half step. "You sure?" Big asks, the charmander nods, "Just a bit tired, its been a long day." Big nods back. "Alright, if you want to tag out to Geddy just let me know." Hotstuff gives a thumbs up back. "Just let me know what you need me to do." Big digs into his backpack to have access to the empty pokeballs. "Let's go introduce ourselves, show this sableye that it can't just go around stealing gems." He points out at the sableye. "Those claws are wicked so let's keep our distance while we can. Go for a flamethrower then follow up with air cutter and then end with a dragon rage." He commands. Let's get a gauge of its strength and keep it off balance with a bunch of different attacks. He thinks to himself. I don't know how much longer Hotstuff will be able to keep up but if he can pave the way for Geddy and his thunder wave it will work out great.

Last edited by biggggg5; 01-15-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:38 AM   #221
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Gary smiled as his strategy had been pulled off by Levi fairly well. He had taken another hit from the Wishiwashi, but the distraction was able to buy him enough time to fire off another powerful Venoshock. Levi was still wincing from the critical hit he had taken, but was putting forth a valiant effort to remain focused on the battle at hand. “Just hang in there,” Gary called out, offering more encouragement to his Skrelp, “You’re doing great, Levi!”

The wind suddenly picked up, and the moaning voice from before cried out for him to end this battle and allow her spirit to pass on. Although he was familiar with the voice, Gary still had a hard time accepting the reality of it all as a chill went down his spine. He didn’t want to believe what had happened to him so far was real, but deep down he knew there was something supernatural going on here. He nodded slowly as he resolved in his mind to follow the woman’s words and help her find eternal peace. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a Dive Ball, ready to throw it once Levi was done. One way or another this creature’s rage will be pacified and then the spirit of the girl will be free.

Aero watched on with his trainer as the battle unfolded. It was challenging to restrain himself from assisting Levi, but he had faith that his teammate would be able to pull through. Leviathan was breathing hard, but the ghostly voice that echoed across the wind seemed to snap him to attention. There was some kind of powerful force at work here, and Levi looked like a fish possessed. The Skrelp cried out and began to glow as his body grew larger and longer. His fins extended and the kelp-like decorations on his body fanned out, becoming more ornate. Gary’s jaw dropped as he witnessed the evolution. “Levi… you’ve become a Dragalge, amazing! Just wait till Devi finds out!” Levi let out a confident trumpet from his long snout, ready to continue the battle. “Okay Levi, let’s take the battle to Wishiwashi! Go in for a Feint Attack and then follow it up with a Dragon Tail! Then let’s finish things off with a Dragon Pulse!” Levi nodded quickly and kept his sights on the school of fish as he prepared to strike.

Sandaa - Finale Music

"We would watch the sunrise together once a year and feed bread to the schools of fish Pokemon that gathered near the surface of the sea... but that was back when I was a younger, stronger trainer, and could watch over her...."

Words echoed in your head. The rain slowed to a drizzle. Heat lightning rumbled through the clouds above as they began to turn lighter in color. Levi spun through the air, using his recent attack to propel himself safely through the falling rain as the Wishiwashi struggled to focus. At this point, it was writhing in pain and rage, its physical and emotional state both mimicking the current state of the surrounding atmosphere. The wind moaned - it was sad, but it was also happy. It filled you with a sense of bittersweet emotion.

Aero restrained himself from leaping into action to defend his comrade, when suddenly the leafy sea dragon began to glow.

"My child. My sweet, sweet Dahlia. The time for tears and suffering is over now. Let go."

Supernatural forces were at work here, forces that never could have manifested so powerfully or vividly if it hadn't been for a catalyst so strong that it surpassed the barriers of life itself. Light pierced through the clouds and wrapped Levi in a gentle warmth, and his body glowed even more intensely.

"It's time to go home."

Levi's body morphed, became larger, and his appendages grew until the once small Skrelp had been revealed to have evolved into a gallant Dragalge. Levi bellowed a trumpeted roar of triumph, retaliating with a Feint Attack of his own by spiraling through the air and smashing his leafy tendrils into the fish monster. Chunks of the Wishiwashi began to glow and break off, falling into the water, crippling the already weakened Pokemon even further. Levi braced himself for an attack, only this time, an attack did not come. The Wishiwashi behaved like a confused Pokemon, whipping itself back and forth in the water. It became clear that despite the damage, there was something off about the Pokemon.

Leaving no time to waste, the newly evolved Dragalge leapt once more out of the water and into the air, its tail glowing with a ferocious aura. Despite the situation, making sure this monstrous Pokemon was put down in battle was the best course of action to take, even if at this point it was no longer fighting back. The fact of the matter was that this beast was too dangerous to take any chances with. The Dragon Tail connected, smashing what remained of the schooling Wishiwashi to pieces, dozens of smaller Wishiwashi scattered every which way, back into the ocean.

All that remained was one. Its eyes were glowing, but flickering, as though coming in and out of a trance, and it appeared to have tears coming out of its eyes. And despite its small size, it was still tossing and turning, raging back and forth in the water. It was so weakened from battle, though, that there was no way it was a threat any longer. Remembering his trainer's orders, Levi decided to wrap this up and knock the small fish out with one final Dragon Pulse. As Levi charged the attack, the Alomomola from before suddenly appeared from beneath the waves, surrounding the small Wishiwashi in a protective maneuver. Levi cancelled his attack, quickly turning his head and firing his dragon pulse up into the air to prevent hitting the group of Alomomola.

"I'm sorry."

The wind was calm, and remorseful. The woman's voice had returned.

"Father..."

You blinked. You were once more in the Cloud Garden. Ah, so it wasn't just a dream. But before you stood a teenage girl, and next to her, the man you had helped rescue earlier - the one who you were doing all of this for. Her father.

"As you can imagine, Gary, I think you know what this means for me. But I won't argue with destiny. If this is the end of my story, then so be it. Dahlia and I are reunited, and to me, I couldn't think of a more fitting ending." The man smiled, but Dahlia did not. "If it hadn't been for me... my rage, my sorrow - you would still be -" but Dahlia was cut off before she could finish. "Oh, my silly child. You did not do this. Each day could be our last, for any given reason. All that matters to me is that I am with you again." The two embraced, tears flowing down their cheeks.

The Wishiwashi was quiet now. Its eyes were devoid of the confusion and fury it had been filled with previously. It was docile, and quiet. The Alomomola that were protecting it fanned outward and began to heal Levi and Aero's battle wounds. As a trainer, and a researcher, you knew that now was the time. This was the opportunity you had been seeking, the reason you had come here to begin with. Almost without thinking, you lunged your arm forward, tossing the Dive Ball through air like a baseball pitcher. The ball collided with the shiny fish, turning it into a ball of energy and sucking it in.

The ball wobbled.

Despite how weak it was, it was obvious this was a fighter.

ping.

The ball stopped moving and floated on the waves motionless. The Wishiwashi was now yours.

The sky was clear now. The rain was gone, the waves had settled. It was late. On the slate covered beach, two figures sat by one another on a rock overlooking the ocean to the west.

"We never did get to come see the sunset here, though, did we?"

"Ah... no, I suppose we never did get to."

"The sky is pink and orange. It's so beautiful."

"It is breathtaking."

"Let's go home. Okay?"

"Okay."

Congratulations - you have captured a Level 28 Male Shiny Wishiwashi with Aqua Tail!

Aero has gained 3 levels! Levi has gained 2 levels!

- Epilogue -

Back on the beach, you find the old man's tote bag laying on the ground. Inside were three of the Pokeballs you had recovered, currently in use, each one home to an unknown Pokemon...
Old 01-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #222
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:
=-------------------~Patches~-------------------=

The hunched over figure had seemingly not noticed you, which was probably a blessing in Mio's eyes. However, you were determined to help this person who was clearly in agony from something. Probably from accidentally dropping their jelly on the skull, you'd be pretty upset too if you ruined a decoration and now could not properly enjoy your sandwich because it had leaked. Mio starred at her trainer in disbelief as she heard her tut sympathetically, did she not understand that that was absolutely blood? There was no way that that was not blood. Getting out of here was no longer a question, it was a must. Kiku could stay here for all Mio cared, he always made bad choices anyways --- it was his fault they were in this mess to begin with. Mio tugs her trainer's leg, hoping to get her to understand the danger that they could be in --- but her efforts are unfortunately in vain.

You begin to speak to the person, offering your sincerest apologies to them for losing their jelly. You even offer your real name instead of your nickname, hoping that they'll understand. Mio prayed that the situation wouldn't go as badly as she imagined... but she was sure it would go even worse. The person in white robes suddenly stopped moaning and groaning, wailing and sobbing, and straightened themself. They made an odd sort of slurping noise, which was followed by a loud crack that made Mio cringe even more. As the... thing, moved --- each part of it's body made a loud crack, as if it hadn't moved in quite some time. Very slowly it turned it's body, finally facing you and Mio.

Mio instantly let out a scream upon what she saw, which was...

Nothing.

The thing had no face, well, not a proper 'face'. It had a tremendous gaping mouth, opened wide with long teeth that were soaked in saliva and the jelly substance from before. It had no eyes, no nose, and no features that would make it seem actually human besides it's rather normal torso. It moved towards you and Mio threateningly, before hunching back over and putting it's hands on the ground --- as if it was some sort of quadruped. It let out a gut wrenching scream, causing Mio to scream once again. What the hell were they dealing with? This was no human, or Pokemon... but rather some kinda of monster! This was not at all what Mio had signed up for.

The Fake Tears that the creature had been shedding slowly dissipated, it reached out it's forearm --- which sudden transformed before their eyes into a claw like appendage. It seemed intent to fight, getting ready to Pursue them if they attempted to run.

What do you do?
Mio was completely without words at this point. Patches has always had a talent for getting them into some crazy situations but this particular situation takes the cake. Mio knew that Patches was about as oblivious as they come but she couldn’t at all understand how she could be this oblivious. And yet, there they were, Patches was not only talking to it, she even gave it her real name. Mio wished she could wake up from this nightmare but knew that wouldn’t be possible. Suddenly the figure stops crying and straightens up, Mio and Patches seem to now have its undivided attention.

Patches couldn’t believe what she was seeing. No wonder this person was crying, it had made a complete mess and didn’t have any napkins to clean itself up with. Patches was regretting the loss of her napkins back in the house, if only Kiku hadn’t pulled out the last of her stash and torn them all up. As she sat there thinking, Mio was freaking out, letting out little screams in horror which grabbed Patches attention. “That’s not very nice Mio. Sure, they look a little different but everyone should be treated equal.” She turned her attention back to the creature. “I’m sorry about Mio… And your situation. I wish I could help…” She remembered the pumpkin that she had stashed in her bag earlier and began to think about whether or not that could be of any use.

She didn’t get to think about it for long before Mio caught her attention. Mio knew that the only way out of this situation was to fight. This thing might not even be a Pokemon but she had to do something or else they might not make it out of this place alive, forget about Kiku, she just cared about her and Patches at this point. Mio couldn’t believe what she was about to do, she knew it was foolish but maybe they would be able to get out of this situation without violence. She decided to begin by attempting to persuade that… “thing”, to Play Nice. If that wouldn’t work then she knew that she would have to pull out all the stops and set up an Electric Terrain to boost her power and then give that thing a good jolt with her Thunderbolt in order to get it to back off. She was nervous, even slightly sweaty, but she needed to act.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #223
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Sandaa - Finale Music

"We would watch the sunrise together once a year and feed bread to the schools of fish Pokemon that gathered near the surface of the sea... but that was back when I was a younger, stronger trainer, and could watch over her...."

Words echoed in your head. The rain slowed to a drizzle. Heat lightning rumbled through the clouds above as they began to turn lighter in color. Levi spun through the air, using his recent attack to propel himself safely through the falling rain as the Wishiwashi struggled to focus. At this point, it was writhing in pain and rage, its physical and emotional state both mimicking the current state of the surrounding atmosphere. The wind moaned - it was sad, but it was also happy. It filled you with a sense of bittersweet emotion.

Aero restrained himself from leaping into action to defend his comrade, when suddenly the leafy sea dragon began to glow.

"My child. My sweet, sweet Dahlia. The time for tears and suffering is over now. Let go."

Supernatural forces were at work here, forces that never could have manifested so powerfully or vividly if it hadn't been for a catalyst so strong that it surpassed the barriers of life itself. Light pierced through the clouds and wrapped Levi in a gentle warmth, and his body glowed even more intensely.

"It's time to go home."

Levi's body morphed, became larger, and his appendages grew until the once small Skrelp had been revealed to have evolved into a gallant Dragalge. Levi bellowed a trumpeted roar of triumph, retaliating with a Feint Attack of his own by spiraling through the air and smashing his leafy tendrils into the fish monster. Chunks of the Wishiwashi began to glow and break off, falling into the water, crippling the already weakened Pokemon even further. Levi braced himself for an attack, only this time, an attack did not come. The Wishiwashi behaved like a confused Pokemon, whipping itself back and forth in the water. It became clear that despite the damage, there was something off about the Pokemon.

Leaving no time to waste, the newly evolved Dragalge leapt once more out of the water and into the air, its tail glowing with a ferocious aura. Despite the situation, making sure this monstrous Pokemon was put down in battle was the best course of action to take, even if at this point it was no longer fighting back. The fact of the matter was that this beast was too dangerous to take any chances with. The Dragon Tail connected, smashing what remained of the schooling Wishiwashi to pieces, dozens of smaller Wishiwashi scattered every which way, back into the ocean.

All that remained was one. Its eyes were glowing, but flickering, as though coming in and out of a trance, and it appeared to have tears coming out of its eyes. And despite its small size, it was still tossing and turning, raging back and forth in the water. It was so weakened from battle, though, that there was no way it was a threat any longer. Remembering his trainer's orders, Levi decided to wrap this up and knock the small fish out with one final Dragon Pulse. As Levi charged the attack, the Alomomola from before suddenly appeared from beneath the waves, surrounding the small Wishiwashi in a protective maneuver. Levi cancelled his attack, quickly turning his head and firing his dragon pulse up into the air to prevent hitting the group of Alomomola.

"I'm sorry."

The wind was calm, and remorseful. The woman's voice had returned.

"Father..."

You blinked. You were once more in the Cloud Garden. Ah, so it wasn't just a dream. But before you stood a teenage girl, and next to her, the man you had helped rescue earlier - the one who you were doing all of this for. Her father.

"As you can imagine, Gary, I think you know what this means for me. But I won't argue with destiny. If this is the end of my story, then so be it. Dahlia and I are reunited, and to me, I couldn't think of a more fitting ending." The man smiled, but Dahlia did not. "If it hadn't been for me... my rage, my sorrow - you would still be -" but Dahlia was cut off before she could finish. "Oh, my silly child. You did not do this. Each day could be our last, for any given reason. All that matters to me is that I am with you again." The two embraced, tears flowing down their cheeks.

The Wishiwashi was quiet now. Its eyes were devoid of the confusion and fury it had been filled with previously. It was docile, and quiet. The Alomomola that were protecting it fanned outward and began to heal Levi and Aero's battle wounds. As a trainer, and a researcher, you knew that now was the time. This was the opportunity you had been seeking, the reason you had come here to begin with. Almost without thinking, you lunged your arm forward, tossing the Dive Ball through air like a baseball pitcher. The ball collided with the shiny fish, turning it into a ball of energy and sucking it in.

The ball wobbled.

Despite how weak it was, it was obvious this was a fighter.

ping.

The ball stopped moving and floated on the waves motionless. The Wishiwashi was now yours.

The sky was clear now. The rain was gone, the waves had settled. It was late. On the slate covered beach, two figures sat by one another on a rock overlooking the ocean to the west.

"We never did get to come see the sunset here, though, did we?"

"Ah... no, I suppose we never did get to."

"The sky is pink and orange. It's so beautiful."

"It is breathtaking."

"Let's go home. Okay?"

"Okay."

Congratulations - you have captured a Level 28 Male Shiny Wishiwashi with Aqua Tail!

Aero has gained 3 levels! Levi has gained 2 levels!

- Epilogue -

Back on the beach, you find the old man's tote bag laying on the ground. Inside were three of the Pokeballs you had recovered, currently in use, each one home to an unknown Pokemon...
Thank you so much for this amazing adventure, Deo. It was definitely worth the wait!

Gary was in awe as he watched Leviathan move about in his new form. The Skrelp had evolved into a full-fledged dragon, and there was a sort of elegance in his movements as Levi continued to whittle down his opponent’s form. The sheer power from his attacks knocked Wishiwashi around, shrinking it in size until there was but one left. However, as he prepared to unleash the finishing blow, the Alomomola from the area swooped in to protect it. Not wanting to harm the innocent interlopers, Levi released a powerful Dragon Pulse into the sky.

Unlike the gales from before, a gentle wind blew across Gary’s face. Before he could realize it, he was back in the dreamlike version of the Cloud Garden that he had been spirited to before. Before him stood the teenage form of Dahlia and her father next to her. This time Gary was able to fully recognize him as the man he had saved before. Unfortunately, it would appear as if it was in vain as the man had succumbed to his wounds. A pang of sadness and regret built up inside of Gary’s chest. “I’m sorry I couldn’t save you,” Gary began, but watched as the father and daughter embraced, happy to be reunited for good this time.

Gary blinked and found him back in the ocean, still sitting on Aero’s back. All was calm as he quickly wiped a tear from his eyes. The Alomomola had already spread out and begun to heal the exhausted Pokemon in the vicinity. Gary suddenly knew what he needed to do as he hurled the Dive Ball in his hands at the solitary Wishiwashi. As it shook several times, Aero took Gary closer so he could retrieve it. The ball ceased moving as the capture was a success. A grin crept onto Gary’s face. “We did it! I couldn’t be more proud of you guys!”

Levi had swam over to his trainer as well, as Gary gave him a pat on the head. He then sent Devine back out into the water, who was still tired but a little more rested now. Taking in Leviathan’s new form, the Kingdra gave him a congratulatory nuzzle on with her snout. Gary smiled as he could see the joy and the embarrassment on Levi’s face. Aero grinned as well, using his large fins to bob himself and Gary up and down.

Gary held the newly captured Wishiwashi’s Dive Ball in his hands for a moment before sending the small fish back out into the water before him. Gary cupped his hands in the water around the small fish, giving him a reassuring smile. “Welcome to the team, Triton. Dahlia might be gone now, but you’ll never have to be alone anymore, okay?” The Wishiwashi looked up at Gary and then to Aero, Devi, and Levi with a teary look but a determined expression, showing how brave he was. “Wishi!” Triton called out before smiling back and waving his fins. As the sun began to set over the horizon, a gentle breeze blew across the ocean. Gary couldn’t see it, but there was a calming feeling inside of him that knew he was being watched from not too far away.

Once back on shore, Gary recalled all of his tired Pokemon back into their Pokeballs and contemplated what to do next. He walked back to where he had left his bag and retrieved it before finding the old man’s bag, which had washed ashore. Looking inside of it, Gary found three Pokeballs that belonged to the man. They were now alone without a trainer as Gary wondered what he should do. There was the possibility of returning them to the wild, or maybe he could return them to the man’s home where they were comfortable and could decide on their own what to do with their lives from there. Gary felt that was the better option as he searched for clues of an address or where to go from there.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #224
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Lit

The Beldum's eyes widened, a wild look in it's eyes. It was terrified, filled with fear towards the young man that was approaching him. He didn't want to be captured, he wanted to see his family again. As the trainer came closer, it seemed as though they were here to comfort him. He felt a wave a relief sweep over him, until he saw the look in your eyes. The Beldum could not run, it could only squirm feebly on the floor in a poor last ditch attempt to get away from you and your Litwick. It let out a weak 'Bell...' begging you to just let it die, let it die here in peace surrounded by the rubble that was once it's home. It was poetic in a way, the sense that everyone and everything came to ruin. Although the Beldum was noble, you couldn't resist the urge to help it pass on. As you eyed it's suffering and contorted body, you felt compelled to ensure it's passage to the great elder gods. As your throat began to feel tight, you realized there was no escaping it now. The Beldum wanted to scream, but unfortunately, it had no mouth to do so.

As you began to chant, the Beldum could only watch in frozen horror --- it's entire being feeling like it was cemented in place. As the black bile poured from your mouth, Wisp could only watch in horror. It was a reserved sense of horror, it knew that everything you were doing had a purpose and that it must finish it. As you raised your hand, smearing the bile on it's eye, it began to struggle rapidly. It didn't want this, it wanted no part of this. Wisp looked at the struggling creature with a sense of duty, beginning to trap the poor metal creature in a rapid vortex of swirling flames.

You took this chance to begin crawling ahead, finding your way through the dark tunnel without your light. It wasn't the first time you had been alone in the darkness, and you were sure it wouldn't be your last. As you made your way down, you saw a small flicker of light just ahead of you. You crawled more rapidly at this point, finding yourself in another part of the castle --- seemingly further down than you were before. You don't remember being on a slope, but maybe this was a simple part of the madness that was gradually consuming every inch of you as you encroached yourself deeper. But that was just a silly old folktale, right? As you stood, brushing yourself off, you noticed a few locked jail cells ahead of you, as well as a few skeletons hanging off of shackles on the wall. It seems that you had found yourself in the dungeons of the castle, why that creature wanted you down here was a mystery in itself. However, you decided to trudge forward.

As you walked down the stone halls, you noticed something standing by a (hopefully) out of order guillotine. It was a black object, shining yellow eyes piercing your very presence. You realized that this was different from what you were pursuing earlier, but it seemed to be waiting for you.

A͚̖̟͖͇̯͘ų̘̮̱̮s̺̤̟̥ț̛͉͉̞͙̟i҉̮̩̭̼̥͕n̤̥̜.́ ̗͍͙̲͔͉

You felt yourself get dizzy, you swore you could hear this ghostly apparition speaking to you... but it's words were jumbled. Loud garbles that seemed to permeate themselves into your very skull, not words that you were actually hearing.

J̵̧̺̦̭͚̭͘͟͞ó̧͙̟̤̟̬̻͘͟ì̴̶̼̲̠̩̰͖̱͞ń̪̼̮̗̗͉̬̥͜ͅͅ ̴̛͇͙̣͉̞̮̫̯͉͔̤̱̰̦͠͠m͏̺̘͎̳͕̰̯̬̞̀͡e͟҉̭͖͍̫́̕,̵̧̡̞̙͖͈̞͖ ̘̖̪̙̙̺̲͔͍̙̝̲ ̢͚̪̲̬̗̹̟͙̤͍̪̣͉͜͜͡A͏̬̖̹̠̱̩̦̦͇̜̝̜̲̻̙̝͢͜ͅù͚͉̪̫̝̘̠͞͠s ̶̡̡̘̭͙͍t̨̨̼͎̦̖͎̳̙̭̱͍̀̀͡ͅi̫͓̠͇̥̦͖͍̝̟̘̻͘͜͡ņ̸̴͍̰̖̩ͅͅ ͇̫̳͇͕

It wanted you, and you could feel yourself being dragged towards it. It's grin shining, like the reflective sheen of a zipper. Was this how you met your end, you could feel your body forcibly bending down --- almost ready to put your head on the cold wood of the guillotine.

What do you do?

It called for him... That wraith with yellow eyes called for him. To join it in what, death? No. He wasn't going to. He didn't want to. He was told to live damn it, and live he will. Even if his body wasn't cooperating right now, even if the world wasn't willing to help, even if he'd never see his friends again. Nothing could shake his resolve right now... Austin knew that for a fact. He wouldn't care if he was about to die if not for the damn fact that he needed to know what happened. Why was there this hole in his mind and a void within his heart. The sharp blade of the guillotine wouldn't provide those answers. That much he knew, yet why couldn't he keep his body from stopping. He couldn't move his arms out of free will, nor his legs. He was trying his hardest to delay through sheer willpower alone, but that wasn't going to be enough? He soon saw the cold, hard ground has his body forced his head through the hole.

It's said that your life flashes before you eyes before you die. Then... Why did he see nothing? He only saw the floor. The rotting cobblestone of the dungeon. This palace of death built by the Mad King. Prisoners were sent here to die. Death was the only sentence once his sanity gave way. Was this wraith the executioner? Stuck here... Looking for those unfortunate enough to wander here. And he was one of them. And all that made him feel was resentment. His spite... His hatred. He could feel it boiling within his body.

"WHY?" He shouted, finally getting control of his mouth. "ARE YOU SO DISCONTENT WITH YOUR PITIFUL EXISTENCE THAT YOU KILL ALL WHO WANDER HERE? KILL AND KILL AND KILL. WAS THAT ALL YOUR MISERABLE LIFE WAS? SO FUCKING MISERABLE THAT YOU CANT MOVE ON? LIKE HELL I'M GOING TO JOIN YOU ASSHOLE."

And his voice started to give out. He choked up more melancholic bile. It was done... The Beldum was no more. Perhaps... He shouldn't have gotten mixed up in that cult. All he got from that was a twisted sense of morality. He wasn't there thrall anymore.... but old habits die hard. And he guessed... he was about to too. Even if Wisp was here... What could the Litwick do? Burn the Guillotine down? That would probably kill him too. Ugh he didn't want to go back to hell. At least, he was pretty sure where he was during his trip to the Phantom Isles over a year ago was hell. Fucking creepy ass Hex Maniac. Only William was allowed to touch him like that. Wait... What?

"William?" Austin questioned, the words slipping from his mouth. How could he help. "WILLIAM! Will please... Please save me..." His mouth was moving on its own. Yet... he shared the sentiment.

His eyes went fuzzy, and he swor he saw a face. He tried to focus in, but coudl only see blonde hair and a comforting smile. Was he finally... Here? No... He had to be hallucinating. He had to be. Blinking, Austin saw the man in front of him disappear. In his stead was Wisp, his Litwick. Yeah, no, he was just hallucinating. The Litwick looked helpless, not knowing what to do. Austin jsut gave him a smile.

"I guess... I fucked up again Wisp. Sorry. It's gonna be okay... It's gonna be okay... I'll live. I know I will..." He comforted his Litwick with soft word before looking towards the ceiling. Was this the last thing he'll ever see? He... He doubted it. Just then... An idea came into his idea. If this part of his life began in fire... He would end it in fire.

"Hey, asshole. You know you can't kill a witch from beheading them, right? The only way you can kill a witch... Is by burning them at the stake. You got that? Burn me."

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-15-2018, 08:58 PM   #225
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:

Morningstar

The young Togepi was growing to be quite the little ball of spunk, as you set him down to pose for a picture in front of the new castle he slowly began to waddle away from you. Trying to get closer to the castle, he looked like an ant. Especially as he pushed on the hulking doors that made up the entrance way. You smiled to yourself, coming to it's side and pushing open the doors. To appease the little egg, you also made sure to make it look like you were struggling until he began to help you push. He might be a handful at times, but you had to admit that having such an adorable baby-like Pokemon was somewhat fulfilling. As you entered the door, you immediately noticed that the castle was in poor repair. Most likely from the years of neglect that plagued the building, but you had to wonder why the locals wouldn't want to maintain such a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

As you walked forward, you noticed lavishly coloured carpet pointing you forwards. However, you also noticed two hallways branching off on either side. There was no map to point you in a direction, but judging by the banners lining the center-most hallway that bared the royal crest --- it was a safe assumption that the center path lead to the throne room. The entire castle was dimly lit, the torches that lined the paths were unlit... but you couldn't help but smell the faint aroma of smoke that filled the castle. You couldn't help but feel like something.... or someone, was watching you. Shaking off the feeling slightly, but still feeling a little concerned, you stepped into the center of the room --- trying to get a look down the other two paths.

You noticed that down the left path you could see what appeared to be a table, but that was all you could make out. However, down the right one... you just saw a long hallway, it didn't seem to lead to any particular destination, unless there were stairs down it that lead to the higher reaches of the castle?

What do you do?
She let Croquette waddle along by himself, giving him a rather large allowance but still remaining close enough that she could scoop him back up if anything went wrong. The Togepi turned to look at her a few times to make sure Athena was following, but he was content to continue along and decide where he wanted to go. Croquette jumped excitedly at the castle door as he waited for Athena to catch up.
"Ready? We'll push together," Athena placed a hand on each door. "One, two-"
"Pii!" Croquette pushed with all of his might, which was suprisingly more than Athena thought the little one might have.

The doors creaked open and introduced trainer and Pokemon to the abandoned castle. It definitely was not anything like Parfum Palace, kept up with repairs every few years to appease tourists. Athena had the gut feeling to pick Croquette up and suggest they go somewhere else. The main room was dimly lit, and Athena was worried Crouquette - or even her - would step on glass or something. There wasn't any fun in giving up and going home, the Togepi seemed to know that right away. While Athena took a moment to look around at the different pathways in the castle, Croquette was already headed off the dark, long pathway to the right. Athena scurried after him, staying much closer than she had before. She didn't want to hold him back, and maybe her Pokemon discovered something about this castle that she hadn't yet?

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records