UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #601
Heather
Black Eagles Stan
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 3,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Heather:
With the issue between Marcus and Kimmy seemingly resolved, Mint was able to turn her attention to the helpful little Oricorio from before. Eager to oblige the Oricorio on its offer to join her party, Mint takes a moment to pick out a Pokemon with a type advantage and hopefully not crush her potential future partner too badly. Settling on her Trapinch, Mint asks both Pokemon if they were ready to fight and then quickly offers commands to Bantu while Oricorio prepares itself for battle.

As the antlion squares off against the small cheerleader bird, Oricorio lets out a confident Growl as if to remind the insect(?) who is higher up the food chain. Bantu sulks a little, but moves to strike anyway as he Feints left and then Attacks from the right as Oricorio is caught off guard. The faster bird quickly spins around and blasts the Trapinch with an Air Cutter for solid damage. Bantu Bites down on Oricorio’s leg in order to prevent being blown back, causing the bird to chirp in pain.

Oriocorio’s leg was stinging quite a bit from Bantu’s chompers, but overall seemed like it would still be able to move around just fine. Meanwhile, the slicing winds had cut right through the Trapinch’s weak special defenses, but Bantu was able to shake it off fairly well. The two Pokemon have traded similar blows so far but both remain fairly fresh with high energy and were ready to keep going. What will Mint do?
Mint had perhaps overestimated the value of not showing her hand quite yet. As hard as Bantu's jaws clamped down on the bird's legs, it wasn't going to back down quite so easily, and with a loud Growl, fought back vigorously with an Air Cutter attack that managed to dislodge the Trapinch, which uttered a few choice words at the development. Oricorio easily had Bantu's physical attacks at a disadvantage from using Growl, and it had special moves to really turn up the heat on this one. So far, the bird hadn't taken a lead, per se, but it would only be a matter of time, Mint and Bantu both knew.

Considering her options, Mint only had two main plans of attack: pressing a type chart advantage in Rock Slide, or testing her luck with Bide. Either one wasn't exactly ideal, and Mint started to think that perhaps her criterion for choosing who engaged what was in need of review from this point forward. Using Rock Slide too many times could recklessly damage the surrounding environment, but if she just opted for Bide now, Oricorio might take caution and avoid further attacks, and it certainly had the means to put Bantu further behind in the meantime. The question remained: how could Mint ensure that Oricorio would attack into a charging Bide? Well, their initial exchange hadn't caused much cause for alarm...

Perhaps just one Rock Slide would indeed be necessary, after all. If Mint could just make it feel pressured, it would likely attack.

"Alright, Bantu, get it with a Rock Slide!" Mint ordered, ready to also order a Bide in the ensuing confusion.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Mint Earhart
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 PM   #602
Missingno. Master
Go! Missingno.!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Sitting down at the computer, you quickly begin to search through the files, keeping an eye out for anything related to the Minior. George grabs hold of the Minior before it can do any real harm to itself. The Meteor form Minior was slowly chipping away at its hard shell, its Core form was starting to be unleashed. Andromeda continued to make excellent use of her camouflage, guarding the doorway should anyone come to stop you and your team. Still sifting through the files, you find one with a particularly intriguing name.

Step 4- Monitor and Retrieve

Monitor and Retrieve? Like retrieve the Minior? It was certainly worth a look. You open the file to find a bunch of coordinates as well as what appears to be a population count. Further down the page you find a final population count, alongside a set of coordinates and a date, today's date! Had they been monitoring the Minior and waiting for them to fall to earth? It still didn't tell you anything about what they intend to do with them. You keep looking, hoping to perhaps find Step 5. Eventually you track it down.

Step 5- Light It Up

Before you can open the file however, you are alerted by the familiar sound of Andromeda's Hydro Pump. A shout rings out from the hallway and it is soon joined by the rushing of feet and then a shrill alarm. George gives you a look, he can find no weakness in the containment unit. With your cover blown and the intended use for the Minior still a mystery, what would you do now?
As her Pokémon did their part in this, Terri went to work, searching the computer's files, while George stopped the Minior's ramming, setting to work searching for a more efficient way to get the job done, and Andromeda stood guard, camouflaged, in the doorway.

And soon, Terri found something. A file detailing the fourth step in something, said step entailing monitoring and retrieving. As in... retrieving the Minior? Based on this, Terri deemed it worthwhile to open that one, and she quickly discovered she was right to assume this- coordinates, a population count, and further down the page a final population count, along with more coordinates and... today's date! Whoever these people were, whatever their purpose, it was clear to Terri they had been monitoring the Minior for some time now, and seemed to know when they'd fall. Interesting, yes, but frustratingly enough, Terri's question remained unanswered- what were their intentions towards these Minior? Every attempt she'd made at working this out thus far had proven woefully unsuccessful, up to and including reading this file. Undeterred, Terri continued her search. She had to know, one way or another... aha! Step 5- Light It Up. The title told Terri nothing to indicate what it entailed, but she knew that if she looked at this, she'd finally have her answer...

...so of course the universe picked that exact moment to make the situation start to spiral out of control. Andromeda had let fly a Hydro Pump, and now an alarm was going off, and people were running around, likely right towards them. Moreover, a look over at George indicated that the Malamar had found no weak spots in the containment unit.

They are coming, Andromeda's telepathic voice sounded in Terri's head. What should we do?

Hold them off, Terri thought back. Use Barrier to keep them at bay, and if that won't do it, pile on a Reflect. Hopefully I only need a minute here. And with a glance in George's direction, Terri silently reassured him that he, too, would be told what he ought to do in due time. The Malamar nodded, and turned to see how the Meteor Form/Indigo Core Minior was doing, while Terri turned back to the computer. If that file contained the answer, Terri had to see it. If these people's intentions really were bad, she'd do her best to thwart them, free the Minior, and set them free so they could fly away, maybe go back up into space. And if their intentions turned out to be good, well, then, a few apologies were in order from her, weren't they? Either way, Terri had to know. The trial captain had tasked her with resolving the issue, and she intended to see this through no matter what.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #603
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
King Ghidorah:

Jonah looks at you, completely incredulous.

"Dude, you're so freaking cool! Kinda dumb too since you can die n' all, but so cool! But... how am I gonna know if you find anything up there? I kinda... don't wanna stay all alone down here. Think I can stick with your Throh for now?"

The question is valid; Jonah's a small boy after all, being alone in the woods is a scary prospect. When you decide what to tell the kid, Throh steps forward, apparently having made peace with what he's about to do per your instructions. At least, you hope he feels conflicted, instead of secretly being really excited to toss you around a bit.

*Throh gained 2 Levels!*

Honchkrow takes flight, disappearing behind the foliage once more, and Throh grabs you by the waist and starts spinning in place, gaining more and more speed as he goes. You don't know if you're about to throw up, pass out, or both (which would be pretty messy), but fortunately Throh is strong enough to toss you after only a few spins. It's possibly one of the most simultaneously exhilarating and terrifying experiences of your life as you fly upwards like a cannonball and the highest branches of the trees come into view. Those are some very thick branches.

It's practically a miracle that you manage to avoid crushing your skull against any of the multiple obstacle on your way through the foliage, but somehow, you make it. Your hands wrap around a branch just overhead, halting your momentum and allowing you to climb up for a better view of your surroundings (praying all the while that nothing breaks beneath your weight, sending you plummeting all the way back down).

Honchkrow is nearby, you can tell, but you don't need her to point you in the right direction. Your eyes quickly spot several large nests built from twigs scattered across the treetops... but all of them are empty, surrounded by feathers. The leaves surrounding the nests are tinted red.

If you want to take a better look around and inspect the nests or the foliage around you, the branches you're standing on should prove sturdy enough for now for you to traverse, albeit carefully. On the other hand, is staying up here safe? Should you risk it? Considering what apparently happened to the nests' inhabitants, this might not be the safest part of the forest to linger in...
A surge of adrenaline rushed through Hugo’s body, masking any pain he might be feeling after colliding with the tree.

“WHAT A GOD DAMN RUSH!” he shouts loudly, echoing through the treetops. He looked down and could see Jonah and Throh. Sure, they weren’t that tall to begin with, but from up here, they looked miniscule.

It’s at that point Hugo remembered he was afraid of heights.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING,” he shouted loudly again, clinging tightly to the tree branch. It was thick and sturdy, which gave Hugo some comfort, but that of course was only temporary. He now understood why Honchkrow had looked so distraught. The Big Boss Pokemon flapped her large wings nearby, squawking anxiously as if to say “See? I told you so.”

“Is that…is that blood?” Hugo asked. Slowly and diligently, he maneuvered his way toward the giant nests filled with the stained feathers. He picked up a few and held them, examining them closely. Sure enough, it was blood. And a lot of it.

“What could have wiped out all these nests?” Hugo said. Honchkrow responded with a grave look, but she always responded with grave looks. That was kind of her thing.

“This looks like a damn massacre,” he said. “And nests? Could these have been babies? That’s even more disconcerting.”

Then it dawned on him. Whatever had feasted here showed clear signs of being an alpha predator. An avian alpha predator that didn’t seem to show much in the way of mercy. And here was wingless Hugo, trapped in the treetops. He was a sitting duck, but a duck that couldn’t fly.

“We uh…we’re going to need to be very careful,” he said to Honchkrow. “Let’s…let’s look around juuuuust a bit more.”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:40 PM   #604
Median Dia
Spectral Chimera
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere Spoopy
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Median Dia: As the excitement from completing the trial wore off, you and your Pokemon were glad to have a space in the Trial Captain’s cabin to rest for the night. You settled in to one of the cots in the guest room, and soon drifted off to the sound of the wind and the waterfall in the distance.

In the morning, you found a box of cereal waiting on the kitchen table for you, as well as a variety of dry food options for your Pokemon. Madoka was nowhere to be found inside, so once you prepared yourself for the day you headed back out to the shrine grounds. The Trial Captain’s Midday Lycanroc was sunbathing in the courtyard, and she stood up and stretched upon hearing you approach. She wagged her tail, hoping you might give her a pet before turning and beckoning you to follow her to the cluster of boulders to the east. You passed by a pair of boulders decorated with what looked like ancient drawings of Solrock and Lunatone. Madoka’s Lycanroc weaved through the rocks, occasionally stopping to make sure you were following. She suddenly disappeared behind a rather large rock, and you heard a shocked gasp and slight giggle. Rounding the corner, you spotted the shrine maiden, her Lycanroc jumping up and attempting to lick her face affectionately.

“Good morning, good to see you!” Madoka greeted you. She retrieved a Pokeball and threw it high into the air. Her Larvitar, Godzilla appeared and steadied himself on top of one of the nearby rocks. “Let’s get right into it, shall we? Which Pokemon are we going to teach Rock Smash to?”

Nothing says that you're getting ready for a long day of effort quite like a hasty bowl of cereal. Admittedly, Chroma wasn't sure what exactly how much work she'd be doing today, but her pokemon were going to work up a bit of sweat. Bashing sturdy rocks to bits has to be pretty labor intensive, right? It probably wouldn't be the hardest bit of training Louise's done, though- and considering that she was the one who used their arms the most in last night's Trial, the trainer couldn't help be mildly worried that she might be pushing the mawile a bit too hard with this one. Probably not, but a few hours of sleep wasn't exactly that great a cure-all for worn muscles...

Worry was unbecoming of her, however, especially on a bright day like this. The second of the canine pokemon was basking in the sun's rays when she stepped out of the cabin, though its reaction suggested that that action was its cue. "Did Madoka leave you as a guide?" She scratched the wolf behind the ears for a brief moment, before letting it lead the way to the shrine maiden's location. A pair of curious stones stood off to the side, their Meteor Pokemon-inspired designs subtly drawing attention toward themselves. Chroma knew that several cultures considered the likes of solrock and lunatone sacred, and holy people tend to have such sacred beings close at hand- that'd certainly explain the night before's lunar foe. Whether the stones were ancient in design or a recent addition was hard to tell, however; they did have a hard working caretaker on hand, who may have had restoration as one of her projects at some point in the past.

At last, she made it to where said caretaker was hiding away, already being hounded by her more affectionate companion. "Good morning, Miss Madoka," Chroma greeted. She thought for a moment when the priestess asked the inevitable question, then shruged as she started to dig out a few pokeballs. "If it isn't too much of a hassle... Why not everyone compatible?"


(OOC: Assuming things don't get derailed by the almighty Plot somehow, I'd like to teach Rock Smash to Louise the mawile, Berue the tangrowth, Butternut the Pumpkasaur, and Elenchos the inkay <relevant Bond data here>. Since it was added since my last reply <I think>, I'd also like to take this opportunity to teach Elenchos and Miapladicus the staryu Flash)
__________________


Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #605
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Missingno. Master- With the file a mere click away, you had to keep everyone away, at least until you finally determined what they intend to do with the Minior. Andromeda's gem flickers as she blocks the door with a crystal clear barrier, that should surely hold them at bay. The Starmie shudders a little as a hulking Pangoro squeezes its way through the tight hallway. She can't see anything behind the giant panda, for all she knew there were more Pokemon and people approaching. As the fighting type collides with the transparent barrier, splinters instantly spread through the pane. A brick breaking strike shatters the pane an instant later, but thankfully Andromeda quickly erects a reflective pane to slow the beast. You hastily click on the file, but are left wanting as a message appears on the screen....

Confidential File - Password Required _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Of course the file was locked! What chance did you have of determining the password before the Pangoro broke through the Reflect? What information did you have to go off? You know nothing of the person who created the file, all you know is that they want the Minior for something, something to do with lighting something up? George looks to you with concern, the Minior he was still holding was wriggling recklessly, trying its hardest to get loose. Would you take care of the Pangoro and then try and crack the password? Or would you take a risk and try and guess the password and perhaps finally work out whether you were in a fight that needed to be fought?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:12 PM   #606
Missingno. Master
Go! Missingno.!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With the file a mere click away, you had to keep everyone away, at least until you finally determined what they intend to do with the Minior. Andromeda's gem flickers as she blocks the door with a crystal clear barrier, that should surely hold them at bay. The Starmie shudders a little as a hulking Pangoro squeezes its way through the tight hallway. She can't see anything behind the giant panda, for all she knew there were more Pokemon and people approaching. As the fighting type collides with the transparent barrier, splinters instantly spread through the pane. A brick breaking strike shatters the pane an instant later, but thankfully Andromeda quickly erects a reflective pane to slow the beast. You hastily click on the file, but are left wanting as a message appears on the screen....

Confidential File - Password Required _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Of course the file was locked! What chance did you have of determining the password before the Pangoro broke through the Reflect? What information did you have to go off? You know nothing of the person who created the file, all you know is that they want the Minior for something, something to do with lighting something up? George looks to you with concern, the Minior he was still holding was wriggling recklessly, trying its hardest to get loose. Would you take care of the Pangoro and then try and crack the password? Or would you take a risk and try and guess the password and perhaps finally work out whether you were in a fight that needed to be fought?
Terri knew she had to work fast. Andromeda's defensive techniques were potent enough to make a Mr. Mime blush, but with the Pangoro's evident knowledge of Brick Break, they were obviously not going to hold for very long. Fortunately, all the information Terri needed to know was but a click away- just one click, and Terri would be able to see that their plan was confidential file password requi-

...Well, shit. Terri hadn't even considered the notion that this most crucial information might be password protected. Terri knew nothing of whoever created this file, nothing of this operation, of their motives, none of it, and as the password prompt on the screen made only too clear, that wasn't about to change. But what to do now? The Pangoro was going to break through Andromeda's defenses in no time flat. Terri hated the notion, but right now, she needed to make a decision without having all the facts. It was a risk, but she was prepared to apologize and make amends if what she was about to do constituted a mistake.

Terri wheeled around to address Andromeda. "Use Dazzling Gleam!" she commanded. Then she turned to George- the Minior that her Malamar was holding back was wriggling in a reckless way, clearly unwilling to just stand by while its friends, possibly its family, was trapped. And Terri realized, that even if this ended up being the wrong course of action, she knew that at the very least, she had to try and help the Minior. "George, tell the Minior to hold on just a little longer! If it can't wait any longer, then at least use Reflect to help fortify its shell as it attacks. Then she turned back to the computer, a new plan forming in her mind, as reckless and stupid as it was. The Poké Ball in her hand by no means contained a master computer hacker, but if it was able to sync up with her Pokédex and rattle off entries before she could even scan Pokémon, then maybe, just maybe, that little mechanical oddity could do the job. "XXXXX, engage!" called Terri as she threw the ball, unleashing her Bronzor into the room.

ANALYZING, came the odd mechanical voice in Terri's head that she knew to be her Bronzor's telepathic voice. SITUATION ASSESSED; POKéMON SPECIES 774- MINIOR- CAPTURED IN GREAT QUANTITIES BY UNKNOWN ORGANIZATION. PLANS FOR CAPTURED MINIOR UNCLEAR; TRAINER'S MISSION IS TO ENSURE THEIR SAFETY.

"Correct," Terri nodded. "XXXXX, can you help me? This file on the computer has the information that'll tell me whether these are the good guys or not, but it needs a password, and I can't begin to imagine what it could be. Is there any way you could bypass it somehow?"

UNCERTAIN, came the Bronzor's mechanical telepathic response. LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IN BYPASSING PASSWORD PROTECTION: ZERO. REGARDLESS, I ASSURE YOU I WILL DO MY BEST.

Terri smiled. "That's all I can ask of you, XXXXX," she said. She hoped that XXXXX would be able to do the job. Bronzor weren't Rotom or Porygon, but they were a strange blend of mechanical and psychic, so there was at least a chance here. But she had to prepare herself for the possibility that XXXXX might not be able to do it. If that ended up being the case, she knew she'd have to make a decision on how to proceed without knowing all the facts. Already she was finding herself getting involved in the battle... She comforted herself with the observation that if their intentions for the Minior were good, there wouldn't really be much need to keep quiet about them like this, but it was a weak argument at best and she knew it.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:32 PM   #607
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- It took some investigating, but eventually you solved the mystery of the mysterious feather. However the joy of success quickly faded when you realised what it meant. If Sneasel had indeed stolen the eggs, they likely never hatched. As you tell Jet the discovery, the Trial Captain's face drops. "Not again." Not again? Had this happened before? If it had happened before, then maybe Jet knew more....

"Sneasel were a problem years ago, when I first took on the role of Trial Captain. It took a while but eventually I managed to stop them from stealing eggs, but it seems that time has pasted. I'd completely forgotten about it until now, if the Sneasel have started stealing eggs again, those responsible need to be stopped before the habit spreads. Melissa would you do me a favour? Would you head to the Snowfall Steppe? Track down the Sneasel responsible and make them regret their actions? I'll finish up the survey here, then meet up with you when I can." Jet stuck both of his pinkies in his mouth and let out a high pitched whistle. Moments later, a Pidgeot swooped down beside the balloon. "My Pidgeot will give you a lift down and you can give me a call on this walkie-talkie if you find anything." Jet hands you the device. "There is still a chance the Pidgey hatched before the Sneasel could eat the eggs, but if they did they'll be stuck in an area they aren't equipped to survive in." There was still a glimmer of hope, a chance you could get the Pidgey you were search for, but that hope was fading quickly. Would you accept the task?
Jet's face dropped when he spotted what she'd found. "Not again."

Not again? Melissa's heart simultaneously began racing and dropped. Had this happened before? Was it an ongoing problem? Was this another dead end in her search for a Pidgey of her own?

"Sneasel were a problem years ago, when I first took on the role of Trial Captain," Jet explained before Melissa could get too caught up in her thoughts. "It took a while but eventually I managed to stop them from stealing eggs, but it seems that time has passed. I'd completely forgotten about it until now. If the Sneasel have started stealing eggs again, those responsible need to be stopped before the habit spreads. Melissa, would you do me a favour? Would you head to the Snowfall Steppe? Track down the Sneasel responsible and make them regret their actions? I'll finish up the survey here, then meet up with you when I can."

Jet stuck his pinkies into his mouth and whistled, loud and sharp, and a Pidgeot swooped down to fly alongside the balloon. "My Pidgeot will give you a lift down and you can give me a call on this walkie-talkie if you find anything." Melissa nodded and absently accepted the walkie-talkie, eyes drifting back to Jet's Pidgeot.

"There is still a chance the Pidgey hatched before the Sneasel could eat the eggs, but if they did, they'll be stuck in an area they aren't equipped to survive in," Jet continued. Melissa shook herself out of admiring his Pidgeot and focused on what the Trial Captain had said. Right. Track down the egg-stealing Sneasel and beat them up, so they don't do it again. Hope the Pidgey hatched before the Sneasel ate them and recover the one(s) that survived, if any. Contact Jet if she finds anything.

Nodding firmly at the Trial Captain, Melissa said, "Got it. You can count on me." At the same time, she pulled on a thicker jacket and started planning on who to call out. Prince wouldn't have been a bad choice, seeing as he was a canine and a Fire-type, but Snuffles would probably actually be better. Assuming she could get him to focus on tracking down the Sneasel and/or Pidgey eggs instead of berries and food.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:09 AM   #608
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Missingno. Master- Time was not on your side, you had to work quickly. It wasn't a perfect solve, but you hoped one of your Pokemon might be able to crack the code. You release your Bronzor from its ball, XXXXX quickly rattles off its observations of the situation. You quickly direct the Steel type to attempt to crack the password, it wasn't sure whether it would be successful but it would try. As the Bronzor interfaces with the computer system, Andromeda does her best to keep the encroaching Pangoro at bay. Her gem lets out a massive flash of light, the dazzling fairy energy deals a staggering blow to the Dark/Fighting type, who seems to be dazed as well! Lashing out blindly, the Pangoro smashes Andromeda away with a Brutal Swing. Andromeda is knocked backwards into the tank holding the Minior, causing a couple of small splinters to spread through the glass. As the Pangoro pushes its way into the room, the Meteor Minior surges forward with an Acrobatic attack, slamming into the Pangoro's chest. Part of its shell splinters off, revealing even more of its stunning indigo core. George coats the Minior in a reflective barrier, hoping to protect it from the Pangoro's powerful physical blows. Its vision returning, the Pangoro smashes the Minior into the ground with a powerful Hammer Arm. Even with the reflect, the blow is too much for the remaining shell, which splinters off, freeing the Minior from its contained state.

Now free from the weight of its meteor shell, the Indigo Core Minior is zipping around the room with dazzling speed. The Pangoro tries to strike it but the Minior is far too quick, dipping and diving to avoid the flailing strikes. Your attention is torn from the display when XXXXX begins to respond.

PARTIAL SUCCESS ACHIEVED, groans the Bronzor, C H _ _ _ T _ _ S.

CH_ _ _T_ _ S? What was that meant to mean? XXXXX had managed to determine almost have of the password, but it appeared the rest of the password was beyond its capabilities. From here it would be up to you, if you wanted to know what exactly was going on here, you'd need to solve the password.



Myahoo- You accept Jet's mission, if it meant getting a ride on his Pidgeot, how could you refuse?! You consider which of your Pokemon would be the most helpful in tracking down the Sneasel, you had two solid options but it was probably best to see what you were up against before making a decision. Climbing up onto the Pidgeot, you hold on tight as the majestic bird Pokemon takes off. Jet waves at you, before signalling for you to hold on tight. You adjust your hold just in time, as the Pidgeot kicks into another gear, descending quickly through the sky. The air was already growing colder and in a matter of minutes the Pidgeot is leveling out over the white expanse of the Snowfall Steppes.

Snow crunches beneath your boots as you slide down off the Pidgeot's back. The bird takes off a few moments later, returning to its trainer. Hopefully you'd have your own Pidgeot to ride around on one day, but that day may never come if you didn't start tracking down these Sneasel. You survey your surroundings, looking for any key landmarks. To the north is the mountainside, when you squint you think you can make out a cave or two in the wall of rock. To the east is a small grove of fur trees, a good hiding spot for Pokemon. The Sneasel would likely be hard to track, they were cunning dark types, built for moving swiftly and without detection. In their natural environment they would be even more elusive, any tracks left behind would certainly be covered in snow. How would you go about finding them?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #609
Missingno. Master
Go! Missingno.!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Time was not on your side, you had to work quickly. It wasn't a perfect solve, but you hoped one of your Pokemon might be able to crack the code. You release your Bronzor from its ball, XXXXX quickly rattles off its observations of the situation. You quickly direct the Steel type to attempt to crack the password, it wasn't sure whether it would be successful but it would try. As the Bronzor interfaces with the computer system, Andromeda does her best to keep the encroaching Pangoro at bay. Her gem lets out a massive flash of light, the dazzling fairy energy deals a staggering blow to the Dark/Fighting type, who seems to be dazed as well! Lashing out blindly, the Pangoro smashes Andromeda away with a Brutal Swing. Andromeda is knocked backwards into the tank holding the Minior, causing a couple of small splinters to spread through the glass. As the Pangoro pushes its way into the room, the Meteor Minior surges forward with an Acrobatic attack, slamming into the Pangoro's chest. Part of its shell splinters off, revealing even more of its stunning indigo core. George coats the Minior in a reflective barrier, hoping to protect it from the Pangoro's powerful physical blows. Its vision returning, the Pangoro smashes the Minior into the ground with a powerful Hammer Arm. Even with the reflect, the blow is too much for the remaining shell, which splinters off, freeing the Minior from its contained state.

Now free from the weight of its meteor shell, the Indigo Core Minior is zipping around the room with dazzling speed. The Pangoro tries to strike it but the Minior is far too quick, dipping and diving to avoid the flailing strikes. Your attention is torn from the display when XXXXX begins to respond.

PARTIAL SUCCESS ACHIEVED, groans the Bronzor, C H _ _ _ T _ _ S.

CH_ _ _T_ _ S? What was that meant to mean? XXXXX had managed to determine almost have of the password, but it appeared the rest of the password was beyond its capabilities. From here it would be up to you, if you wanted to know what exactly was going on here, you'd need to solve the password.
Terri had to work fast if she wanted any chance of working this out. XXXXX might not be the best at this sort of thing, but right now, it was the best she had. And meanwhile, Andromeda was facing off against the Pangoro, but took a rather nasty Brutal Swing, causing Terri to flinch involuntarily as the Starmie was slammed into the tank that was containing the Minior. Cracks began to form in the glass, and George noticed this- quite suddenly, they had their weak spot.

But was it worth exploiting? Terri just. Wasn't. Sure! And she couldn't stand the fact that she didn't know if these people were to be opposed or not. The only reason she was even going this far in the first place without all the information was because of that Indigo Core Minior who needed to find its friends, needed to help them... The time for action was surely upon them, and poor Terri wasn't sure what even needed done. As she pondered this helplessly, she observed the battle, saw Pangoro get hit by Minior's Acrobatics, and get hit in return by a forceful Hammer Arm that shattered the shell completely.

Observed... Observe. Terri thought back to the battle against the grunts in the cave, to what Observe had said to her beforehand; "Whether this is the right course of action is unclear. But, unfortunately, this time I lack the luxury of simply observing and waiting to see. If indeed action is required, it is required now."

Before Terri could act on this realization, XXXXX chimed in with a status report. It had seen partial success in cracking the password- the first two letters were C and H, the sixth letter was a T, and the final letter was an S. There were still large gaps to be filled in. "XXXXX, would the name of any known Pokémon, move, or Ability fit?" asked Terri.

NEGATIVE, the Bronzor intoned. MY APOLOGIES.

"It's OK, you did great," Terri reassured the Bronzor, before doing some very quick thinking. What could the password be? The file name- Light It Up- could that provide any clues? Terri wasn't sure- obvious password security measures would surely include not leaving any sort of clues as to what the password could be? But then, maybe such clues would be more obtuse, more suited for those meant to know the password for when they inevitably forget it. So maybe she had to think outside the box for this one... Light it up... Light it up... light... fire? Fireworks? Electricity? And this had to do with the Minior? They were definitely very bright, and vibrantly colored, too, and as sad as it was to see them cooped up in such a small tank, the overall effect, from a purely visual standpoint, was pleasing on at least some level, bringing to mind a display of multicolored Christmas lights-

Christmas. Terri's eyes widened. "XXXXX, can you repeat your findings?" asked Terri.

AFFIRMATIVE, MISS TERRI, came the telepathic mechanical monotone. CH_ _ _T_ _ S.

Terri gave an audible gasp. "That fits!" she said. "Thank you, XXXXX, you were amazing!" She gave the Bronzor a warm hug, and as she turned back to the computer, any onlooker would swear they could've seen the Bronzor blushing while Terri, with renewed enthusiasm and confidence, typed in "CHRISTMAS" where the computer asked for the password.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-02-2018 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #610
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- You accept Jet's mission, if it meant getting a ride on his Pidgeot, how could you refuse?! You consider which of your Pokemon would be the most helpful in tracking down the Sneasel, you had two solid options but it was probably best to see what you were up against before making a decision. Climbing up onto the Pidgeot, you hold on tight as the majestic bird Pokemon takes off. Jet waves at you, before signalling for you to hold on tight. You adjust your hold just in time, as the Pidgeot kicks into another gear, descending quickly through the sky. The air was already growing colder and in a matter of minutes the Pidgeot is leveling out over the white expanse of the Snowfall Steppes.

Snow crunches beneath your boots as you slide down off the Pidgeot's back. The bird takes off a few moments later, returning to its trainer. Hopefully you'd have your own Pidgeot to ride around on one day, but that day may never come if you didn't start tracking down these Sneasel. You survey your surroundings, looking for any key landmarks. To the north is the mountainside, when you squint you think you can make out a cave or two in the wall of rock. To the east is a small grove of fur trees, a good hiding spot for Pokemon. The Sneasel would likely be hard to track, they were cunning dark types, built for moving swiftly and without detection. In their natural environment they would be even more elusive, any tracks left behind would certainly be covered in snow. How would you go about finding them?
Melissa gingerly climbed onto Jet's Pidgeot, partly because heights and partly so she didn't accidentally pull its feathers while she settled in as best she could with no idea how to ride a Pidgeot. Jet gestured for her to hold on tight and she tightened her grip bare moments before his Pidgeot wheeled away from the hot air balloon and sped through the sky. She flattened herself against the Pidgeot's back, trying to make herself as aerodynamic as possible to make things easier on the Flying-type, and ended up having to squint to see where they were going.

Eventually, the ground became an expanse of white as they reached the Snowfall Steppes and Jet's Pidgeot circled around until it was close enough to land. Melissa slipped off the bird and almost fell to her knees as her legs attempted to wake up and do their job. Once she'd steadied herself, the Pidgeot took off again and she watched it go until it disappeared into the sky.

Getting down to business, she glanced around to see where she'd ended up, absently calling her starter out because Fire-type. Okay, there was a mountain that way with...maybe caves in it? And a forest that way...but which one would the Sneasel prefer?

She hummed thoughtfully, frowning as she helped Wildfire up to her shoulder.

"Quil?"

"Just trying to decide which way to go," she said, considering each location. "On the one hand, mountain caves. On the other, trees."

"Cyn da quil, quil cynda," he pointed out.

Melissa sighed. "Yeah. Smarter and faster since there might be lucky baby Pidgey who somehow managed to survive Sneasel."

Wildfire made a complicated noise as she pulled a Pokéball off her belt and tossed it at the ground, a Swinub materializing in the snow with a shake of his whole body.

"Yeah," she agreed with Wildfire, before turning to Snuffles, who was already scenting the air and looking around curiously. "So! Snuffles. We need your help." Her Swinub blinked up at her. "We're looking for Sneasel or Pidgey or Pidgey eggs." None of which he'd probably...ever specifically scented...before... "So, I guess, look for anything that might smell like Flying-types or Dark-types? Or eggs?"
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #611
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Missingno. Master- After a myriad of thoughts, your brain finally goes on the right tangent, the Minior kind of looked liked Christmas lights. Suddenly everything clicked. The password was CHRISTMAS! You type it in with blistering speed and with a click, the file opens. The file contains a number of sketches of a Christmas tree decorated with Minior. There are children gathered around the base of the tree in a couple of the sketches as well, for what reason exactly you are on sure.

"Get away from that computer!" A voice causes you to jump from your seat, spinning around you see a woman climbing into the room from behind the Pangoro. The young woman wore a grey business suit, a pair of thick glasses and her brunette hair was tied back in a bun. "Those files are confidential, what are you doing here anyways?" She snakes past you, getting a look at what exactly you have been doing. "I guess the cat is out of the bag then, the mayor will have my head for this." She turns to confront you, her face displays both anger and concern. "My name is Henrietta, personal assistant to the mayor of New Fizz City. My job is to make the mayor's visions a reality and a couple of months ago he came up with the idea of decorating a giant Christmas tree with Minior. You see he became fascinated with Minior, it saddened him that they perished if they weren't captured. So he thought up a solution, which was to gift them to the needy children of New Fizz City. Many never get the chance to find Pokemon of their own, so the mayor planned to present them with the Minior decorating the tree. That way the Minior would survive and the children would have a lifelong companion. In order to keep it a surprise, this mission has been completely off the books, all the information was need to know. I implore you to keep this a secret, if this was to get out I'd lose my job for sure."



Myahoo- Spoilt for choice, you bring your starter, Wildfire, out to keep you company. The Cyndaquil looks around with curiosity as you outline your situation. The Fire type is soon accompanied by another Pokemon, as you call on your Swinub, Snuffles. Swinub were known for their acute sense of smell, being able to track scents even beneath thick snow. You'd certainly have to rely on that sense of smell if you were to have any chance of finding the Sneasel. Following your instructions, the Swinub buries its snout into the snow and begins to sniff around. A couple of minutes pass before he picks something up and makes a beeline for the grove of fur trees.

Wildfire and yourself follow closely as Snuffles leads you into the grove of trees. He soon comes to a stop, not far from the centre as you can clearly spot a clutch of eggs ahead, placed carefully in the roots of a largest tree. Were these the Pidgey eggs? The eggs were white at the top and brown at the bottom, with some green patches as well. They certainly didn't look like Pidgey eggs....

The snow suddenly begins to fall harder, growing stronger with each passing second. What was going on here? Suddenly there is movement between the trees and a pair of rather angry looking Snover make themselves visible. You had intruded on their territory and they were likely extra defensive due to their eggs. The pair begin to grow larger, the sudden Growth making them even more formidable. Would you fight them, or perhaps it was best to make a mends before things got violent?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #612
Missingno. Master
Go! Missingno.!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- After a myriad of thoughts, your brain finally goes on the right tangent, the Minior kind of looked liked Christmas lights. Suddenly everything clicked. The password was CHRISTMAS! You type it in with blistering speed and with a click, the file opens. The file contains a number of sketches of a Christmas tree decorated with Minior. There are children gathered around the base of the tree in a couple of the sketches as well, for what reason exactly you are on sure.

"Get away from that computer!" A voice causes you to jump from your seat, spinning around you see a woman climbing into the room from behind the Pangoro. The young woman wore a grey business suit, a pair of thick glasses and her brunette hair was tied back in a bun. "Those files are confidential, what are you doing here anyways?" She snakes past you, getting a look at what exactly you have been doing. "I guess the cat is out of the bag then, the mayor will have my head for this." She turns to confront you, her face displays both anger and concern. "My name is Henrietta, personal assistant to the mayor of New Fizz City. My job is to make the mayor's visions a reality and a couple of months ago he came up with the idea of decorating a giant Christmas tree with Minior. You see he became fascinated with Minior, it saddened him that they perished if they weren't captured. So he thought up a solution, which was to gift them to the needy children of New Fizz City. Many never get the chance to find Pokemon of their own, so the mayor planned to present them with the Minior decorating the tree. That way the Minior would survive and the children would have a lifelong companion. In order to keep it a surprise, this mission has been completely off the books, all the information was need to know. I implore you to keep this a secret, if this was to get out I'd lose my job for sure."
With the password figured out, Terri typed it in as fast as she could. The only thing more remarkable than her figuring out the password was the fact that she typed it in perfectly on the first try, no typos whatsoever, despite how fast she was typing. And finally, she was in! And the file showed he... some sketches of a Christmas tree decorated with Minior? With children gathered around it? Terri wasn't sure what to make of this at first, but before she could give these sketches much thought, a woman's voice abruptly derailed Terri's train of thought.

The woman climbed into the room from behind the Pangoro. George and Andromeda watched her warily, but Terri gave them no orders. After all, she was looking for answers, and the woman seemed about ready to provide them.

As it turns out, the woman was Henrietta, the personal assistant to the mayor of New Fizz City. He had apparently become interested in Minior, and liked the idea of decorating a giant Christmas tree with them. It saddened him that Core Form Minior would perish if not caught, so this was his solution- gift the Minior to the needy children of the city. Many children, after all, never get to find Pokémon of their own. This would not only give the children lifelong companions, but due to the obvious usage of Poké Balls this would entail, the Minior would survive. And to top it all off, Terri even learned why she had had such a hard time getting any information on this- it was all strictly on a need-to-know basis in order to make it a surprise for the mayor. Henrietta, in conclusion, begged Terri to keep everything a secret, certain that she'd be fired if word of this got out.

Terri was at a momentary loss for words. All this time, she'd been bracing herself, afraid that she'd find some sort of horrible act of selfishness at the root of all of this, Minior being captured and sold for profit, or allowed to perish so their bodies could be sold as some sort of valuable material, or something equally horrific. But no- all this was was a heartwarming Christmas surprise for the children (and the mayor) of New Fizz City, and one that would ensure the Minior could stay alive, at that.

"...I owe you an explanation as well," Terri said to Henrietta. "My name is Terri, I'm a Pokémon Trainer from Alph, Johto- after the Minior landed last night, nobody knew what had happened. I was tasked by Trial Captain Madoka to investigate the cave, as something had been happening to drive out the local wild Pokémon," she explained. As she spoke, she produced her Stone Shrine Badge and showed it to Henrietta. "On the way in, an Aggron almost ran me over, so I began to battle it, but it turned out it was just agitated by what was going on, same as the other Pokémon, so I instead calmed it down and let it leave. After that, I found the Minior and I realized that the noise they were making was what was driving out the other Pokémon, but that's when that tube came down into the cave and sucked them all up. Well- almost all of them," she amended, indicating the Indigo Core Minior. "That one was still in its shell, and very worried about its friends, so I knew I had to find out what was going on. But I didn't want to just burst in and start attacking- that's what I'd done with that Aggron, and it turned out to be the wrong move, so I tried to find out what you were intending to do with the Minior instead, and I'm glad I did, because this sounds like the sweetest idea ever, and I'm really glad I didn't just try and free the Minior before finding out what was going on, and of course I'll keep this a secret. In fact, if there's any way I can help with this, just let me know."

I, TOO, SHALL WITHHOLD MY KNOWLEDGE OF THESE EVENTS FROM OTHERS, came XXXXX's telepathic tone, this time so that Henrietta could hear it. YOUR PLAN SOUNDS MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL TO THE CHILDREN AND TO THE MINIOR. I WOULD NOT DARE IMPEDE SUCH A PLAN.

"Mala, Malamar," George nodded, tears of emotion in his eyes from hearing what Henrietta had planned. He then made to get the Indigo Core Minior's attention, trying to fill it in on what was really going on- that it and its friends were going to be just fine, that they would be given human companions, friends, Trainers of their own, just like he, Andromeda, and XXXXX had Terri. Certainly, with how worried it was, it could use such reassurance. And Andromeda, now able to relax, gave the Pangoro the closest approximation of a nod that a Starmie was capable of, commending it on its battling skills.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #613
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- Spoilt for choice, you bring your starter, Wildfire, out to keep you company. The Cyndaquil looks around with curiosity as you outline your situation. The Fire type is soon accompanied by another Pokemon, as you call on your Swinub, Snuffles. Swinub were known for their acute sense of smell, being able to track scents even beneath thick snow. You'd certainly have to rely on that sense of smell if you were to have any chance of finding the Sneasel. Following your instructions, the Swinub buries its snout into the snow and begins to sniff around. A couple of minutes pass before he picks something up and makes a beeline for the grove of fur trees.

Wildfire and yourself follow closely as Snuffles leads you into the grove of trees. He soon comes to a stop, not far from the centre as you can clearly spot a clutch of eggs ahead, placed carefully in the roots of a largest tree. Were these the Pidgey eggs? The eggs were white at the top and brown at the bottom, with some green patches as well. They certainly didn't look like Pidgey eggs....

The snow suddenly begins to fall harder, growing stronger with each passing second. What was going on here? Suddenly there is movement between the trees and a pair of rather angry looking Snover make themselves visible. You had intruded on their territory and they were likely extra defensive due to their eggs. The pair begin to grow larger, the sudden Growth making them even more formidable. Would you fight them, or perhaps it was best to make a mends before things got violent?
Snuffles blinked again, but gamely stuck his nose in the snow and started sniffing. A few minutes passed, with Melissa starting to seriously consider tucking Wildfire into her jacket to try to keep warm, before Snuffles clearly picked something up and headed straight for the trees. They hurried after him and ended up somewhere in the middle of the forest, looking at a clutch of eggs sitting at the base of a tree.

"That...doesn't seem right," Melissa muttered, eyeing the eggs from where they'd stopped. There was white and green on the eggs and no...well, there wouldn't be any Pidgeotto or Pidgeot around, would there.

Snuffles nudged her leg. "Oh, no, yeah. These are the right kind of things, but I don't think they're the ones we're looking for," she explained, looking back at the eggs.

Snow abruptly began to fall and Melissa squinted up at the clouds. Snow? Now? Granted, she didn't know much about snow, but really? Movement between the trees distracted her as a pair of angry Snover burst onto the scene. Whooops. Definitely the wrong eggs.

Melissa scooped up her Swinub and started backing away as Wildfire kept a wary eye on the angry parents growing larger. "Sorry! Sorry! We didn't mean to trespass! We're looking for Sneasel; have you seen any?"

It couldn't hurt to ask, right? At least, if they could point them in the right direction, it'd hopefully save some time.

"Quil quil cyn da," Wildfire muttered.

"Then we throw up a Smokescreen and run." She was not going to fight nesting parents.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:08 AM   #614
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- Recalling Mysteria, you jump into the water alongside Wake, the Marill seems to delighted to have you in the water beside it. Grasping the Marill's round body, you instruct Wake to Surf the pair of you across to the other side of the river. The Marill surges forward, cutting through the slow moving water almost effortlessly. It takes less than a minute for you to reach the far bank, you put your feet down and wade out of the river, doing your best to shake yourself dry. It was now time to search.

You trudge up river, your boots still soaked, however the sun was starting to dry out your clothes. The river bank was fairly consistent, it was steeper on this side but pretty much devoid of any notable features. As you round a bend in the river, you spot it, a fairly large hole in the river bank, just above the water level. Wake shoots ahead, dashing past of pair of large boulders to stand in the entrance of the tunnel. As you head in to stand beside Wake, the first thing you notice is that the tunnel seems to be plugged up with boulders. Wake looks at you with concern, these boulders didn't look like they were meant to be here. The Marill jumps up onto one of the rocks, his ears twitching. He calls out to you, it appears he can hear something on the other side!

Big is a little surprised with the ease that Wake is able to pull him through the river. It wasn't a particularly fast river but Big assumed that the size difference between him and his pokemon would have slowed their progress somewhat. But now he was just impressed with Wake's swimming capabilities, much improved from when Big taught him to get along with water gun as an Azurill. They make it to the other side and Big does his best to dry off as he praises Wake. "Great job pulling us Wake." He encourages the water pokemon who gives a confident nod before they both begin the search for any sign of Simipour. They search fruitlessly for long enough that Big begins to dry off when Big finally spots what he assumes they are searching for. There was the tunnel they had been tasked to find, and several boulders had been placed in front of it blocking the entrance. Wake clambers on top them and calls out to Big, making clear that he could hear someone or something on the other side.

Big rubs his chin. "Weird, I wonder how these boulders got here." He says and looks around. "They might have fallen down from the mountain... But for them to specifically block up this tunnel, I wonder if these boulders were put here on purpose." He ponders then looks up to Wake. "Either way, I'm pretty sure Simipour is on the other side of these rocks, why don't you show Vegeta up and Rock Smash these boulders." Big calls up to Wake who grins and punches one nub of a limb into the other. Huge Power should theoretically make up for the difference in not having the fighting type for using this move Big strategizes to himself.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #615
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Missingno. Master- You give Henrietta a run down on what you had been through, how you were unsure what was going on with the Minior. You also agree to keep this all a secret, as does XXXXX. The last thing you want to do is ruin a surprise after all!

"You have a good heart Terri", Henrietta complements, "most people wouldn't have bothered putting in the amount of effort you have. Rest assured that these Minior will be given good homes and help change the lives of the less fortunate. That being said, I'd hate for your efforts to go unrewarded. That Indigo Minior seems to have taken a liking to you and your Pokemon, why don't you take it with you? We have more than enough Minior here for the tree, one less isn't going to make a difference. Oh and take these as an early Christmas present!"

Henrietta pulls out a few TM disks, 1 TM Teleport, 1 TM Acrobatics and 1 TM Stone Edge which she hands to you. "I'm certain the Stone Shrine's Trial Captain is wondering where you are, perhaps you should get back to her and explain that the situation has been handled, without letting the Meowth out of the bag?"

She made a fair point, you'd have to leave all of this out when you told Madoka what had caused such a commotion....

You may capture the lvl 14 Indigo Core Minior. It knows the unnatural move Sky Attack!



Myahoo- Having annoyed a pair of angry parents, you decide the best way to proceed is with caution. You inquire as to whether they have seen any Sneasel, but the angry Snovers just raise their arms aggressively. Wildfire acts quickly, spewing up a Smokescreen to conceal your escape. As you turn and start running, you hear the telltale sound of Seed Bombs exploding around. You all emerge from the smoke unharmed, but Snuffle's is a little shaken up. After a little reassuring, the Swinub sticks its nose into the snow once more and begins to sniff for more scents. Eventually he picks up on something and leads you on a snaking path, right towards the caves you'd seen when you first arrived...

The Swinub leads you into a small cave entrance, you have to duck to fit inside. However once inside, the tunnel opens up to be quite large, giving your more than enough room to move around. The tunnel continues in only one direction, so you follow Snuffles as he leads you deeper inside. Wildfire follows from behind you, guarding your flank should anything try to get you from the side. You for the tunnel for no more than a hundred metres before it opens up into a large cavern, on the far side you spot what appears to be a rather large Pokemon nest. The nest is littered with bones, as well as feathers identical to the one you found in the Pidgeotto's nest. Snuffles calls for your attention, but as you approach your heart is filled with sorrow. You recognise them instantly, the shattered remains of three Pidgey eggs. The white and brown shells have been deftly cracked open and their contents consumed, those bloody Sneasel! There was no sign of them anywhere, were they out looking for more eggs?

Something drops from the cave ceiling, hitting Wildfire on the head. The Cyndaquil looks around, where had that come from? He looks up to spot two Sneasel and a Weavile staring down at him, their sharp talons allowing them to cling to the roof.

"Quill Quill Quill!" Wildfire shouts, pointing out the perpetrators. Would you let them get away with this crime?



Biggggg5- These rocks were certainly in a weird spot, you couldn't be certain whether they were placed there or the result of a freak accident. Either way, you knew how to remove them. You call Wake forward, the Marill has a look of delight on his face. He'd smash these rocks to bits with his Huge Power, it would barely cause him to break a sweat! He lines up the first rock and thrusts a powerful punch forward, smashing through the rock. He soon breaks into a frenzy, smashing through the rocks relentlessly. He lashes out at the final rock. It doesn't break. Instead it rises up to stand on two legs. Two very familiar looking legs. The rock soon splits in half, four also familiar arms sprout and an odd looking head glares down at the Marill.

Barbaracle!

The Pokemon shouts out, causing Wake to jump backwards out of shock. His attack has taken a chunk out of the Pokemon's chest, weakening its defence. Had this Pokemon sealed off the cave, preventing the Simipour and Panpours from exiting? Its motives were a mystery, but right now it seemed intent on fighting Wake! It Hones its Claws, boosting its attack and accuracy as it prepares to launch an attack. Wake seems a little off his game, but certainly he'd be able to handle this challenge with a bit of support?
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 12-22-2018 at 11:32 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #616
Missingno. Master
Go! Missingno.!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- You give Henrietta a run down on what you had been through, how you were unsure what was going on with the Minior. You also agree to keep this all a secret, as does XXXXX. The last thing you want to do is ruin a surprise after all!

"You have a good heart Terri", Henrietta complements, "most people wouldn't have bothered putting in the amount of effort you have. Rest assured that these Minior will be given good homes and help change the lives of the less fortunate. That being said, I'd hate for your efforts to go unrewarded. That Indigo Minior seems to have taken a liking to you and your Pokemon, why don't you take it with you? We have more than enough Minior here for the tree, one less isn't going to make a difference. Oh and take these as an early Christmas present!"

Henrietta pulls out a few TM disks, 1 TM Teleport, 1 TM Acrobatics and 1 TM Stone Edge which she hands to you. "I'm certain the Stone Shrine's Trial Captain is wondering where you are, perhaps you should get back to her and explain that the situation has been handled, without letting the Meowth out of the bag?"

She made a fair point, you'd have to leave all of this out when you told Madoka what had caused such a commotion....

You may capture the lvl 14 Indigo Core Minior. It knows the unnatural move Sky Attack!
Terri smiled modestly as Henrietta complimented her on her good heart. Inwardly, she was a bit disheartened by the notion that most people wouldn't have devoted so much effort to assess the situation before acting, and she dearly hoped her father would never hear such a negative outlook on humanity straight from the source, not when she'd spent so long fervently believing otherwise.

But Terri decided to not dwell on that, for right now, Henrietta was suggesting that Terri take the Indigo Core Minior with her. Terri looked at the Minior- George had let it know exactly what was going on, and the colorful Rock/Flying-type was put much more at ease by this. Terri smiled- she knew that the Minior had come to trust her and her Pokémon, so this was by no means out of left field, but being actively presented with the idea made her smile nonetheless. In the meantime, Terri accepted a number of discs from Henrietta as an early Christmas present- TMs. One for Teleport, one for Acrobatics, and one for Stone Edge. "Thank you, Henrietta," smiled Terri as she accepted the discs. "And certainly, I'll leave out all of this when I report back to Madoka," she promised.

ERROR, came XXXXX's droning mechanical telepathy. LOGICAL ERROR DETECTED: PROBABILITY OF TRIAL CAPTAIN MADOKA DIRECTLY INQUIRING AS TO THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM NOT ACCOUNTED FOR.

"Hmm," frowned Terri, nodding as her Bronzor conveyed this to both her and Henrietta. "Well, I'll think of something to tell her in case she asks," she stated. "I could mention the Minior but just say I helped them outside where they floated back up into space- that was how I was thinking of handling it before all this happened in any case," she shrugged. Terri wasn't the best at thinking up lies, as she rarely had use for them, nor did she like to lie normally, but for a good cause such as this she was more than happy to make an exception.

PROPOSED EXPLANATION SOUNDS SATISFACTORY TO ME, droned XXXXX. HOWEVER, I SHOULD WARN YOU THAT MY THOUGHT PROCESS MAY DIFFER VASTLY FROM THAT OF TRIAL CAPTAIN MADOKA.

"Well, we still gotta try," stated Terri. "And speaking of trying something," she added, before walking over to where George and Minior were. "Hey, Minior," she said. "So, I take it you know the truth now, too?"

"Yes! Yes!" the Minior squealed happily. "George told me everything- going to children, making new friends! I can't wait! George, Andromeda, XXXXX, Observe, all look so happy being with you! I want that, too!"

Terri smiled. "I'm glad you feel that way," she said. "How would you like to come with me?"

"With you?" squeaked Minior in surprise. However, a second later, the initial shock of Terri's offer had worn off, and Minior was but an indigo blur, zooming in circles around Terri. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" it chanted.

Terri giggled. "Yes!" she smiled. "Then get ready," she added, as she produced a Poké Ball from her messenger bag, the second of a set of five.

"Ooh! Yes!" agreed Minior, stopping in place. As though knowing exactly what was to happen, it floated a few feet away, looking expectantly at Terri.

And Terri did not disappoint. "Alright!" she exclaimed, hurling the sphere at Minior. "Poké Ball! Get it!" And the ball struck Minior, pulling it inside and clattering to the floor. All eyes (and whatever it was Starmie saw with, in Andromeda's case) were on the ball as it wobbled around feebly, indicating that Minior was making no effort to escape before it clicked shut.

Terri smiled wide as she picked up the Poké Ball. "Welcome to the team, Minior," she said, before heaving the ball into the air. "Now, come on out!" she added, as the Rock/Flying-type reappeared in a flash of light.

"It work?" Minior inquired. "Minior was caught?"

Terri smiled and nodded. "Minior was caught," she confirmed. "But hey- instead of just calling you Minior all the time, what would you say to having your own name? You never stopped chasing after your friends until you were sure they were all gonna be safe and OK, so... can I call you Chase?"

Minior slowly revolved in midair, apparently deep in thought. Then, the revolving quickened. "Yes! Chase! Name sounds good!"

"Then Chase it is," smiled Terri. At this, her Malamar, Starmie, and Bronzor all came over to greet their new teammate. It was a lovely moment indeed, though Terri knew eventually they'd have to report back to Madoka. Maybe with Chase back in its ball, to play it safe.


*Terri obtained a TM30 Teleport!*

*Terri obtained a TM62 Acrobatics!*

*Terri obtained a TM71 Stone Edge!*


Code:
Terri used Poké Ball!

----

...

...

...

**

All right! Minior was caught!
Using the TM Teleport on my Musharna (link to Bond), and the TMs Acrobatics and Stone Edge on my Minior.

*Selia learned Teleport!*

*Chase learned Acrobatics!*

*Chase learned Stone Edge!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 12:22 AM   #617
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- These rocks were certainly in a weird spot, you couldn't be certain whether they were placed there or the result of a freak accident. Either way, you knew how to remove them. You call Wake forward, the Marill has a look of delight on his face. He'd smash these rocks to bits with his Huge Power, it would barely cause him to break a sweat! He lines up the first rock and thrusts a powerful punch forward, smashing through the rock. He soon breaks into a frenzy, smashing through the rocks relentlessly. He lashes out at the final rock. It doesn't break. Instead it rises up to stand on two legs. Two very familiar looking legs. The rock soon splits in half, four also familiar arms sprout and an odd looking head glares down at the Marill.

Barbaracle!

The Pokemon shouts out, causing Wake to jump backwards out of shock. His attack has taken a chunk out of the Pokemon's chest, weakening its defence. Had this Pokemon sealed off the cave, preventing the Simipour and Panpours from exiting? Its motives were a mystery, but right now it seemed intent on fighting Wake! It Hones its Claws, boosting its attack and accuracy as it prepares to launch an attack. Wake seems a little off his game, but certainly he'd be able to handle this challenge with a bit of support?
Big watches on proudly as Wake smashes through boulder after boulder blocking the entrance of the tunnel. The progress that Wake had made in such a short time was incredible, going from the timid little non swimmer, to being able to pull Big through the water and break these boulders without much of a sweat. That is, until he reaches the last one which loses a chunk but remains mostly intact. Big tilts his head confused about this when the rock rises up on legs and grows several arms and a head pops out. He's a little surprised at first but doesn't seem terribly worried. "Alright Wake, you got this, you are way stronger than when you last fought a guy like this, so you can take this guy no problem!" Wake nods and gives a confident grin as he drops into as monklike a fighting stance his round body and stubby limbs can manage. Big looks the opponent up and down, considering his tactics. The barbacle has the level advantage probably being an evolved pokemon. But like that lifeguard's binacle we should still be able to take it, we don't have to waste time with camoflage as he's already a water type at this point, and he actually has a water move that'll be boosted by his ability with waterfall. If we stay smart we shouldn't have to resort to backup. "Ok Wake, start off with an icy wind to slow its movements, then follow up with a whirlpool and then finish it with a hard hitting waterfall!" He calls out.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #618
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- Having annoyed a pair of angry parents, you decide the best way to proceed is with caution. You inquire as to whether they have seen any Sneasel, but the angry Snovers just raise their arms aggressively. Wildfire acts quickly, spewing up a Smokescreen to conceal your escape. As you turn and start running, you hear the telltale sound of Seed Bombs exploding around. You all emerge from the smoke unharmed, but Snuffle's is a little shaken up. After a little reassuring, the Swinub sticks its nose into the snow once more and begins to sniff for more scents. Eventually he picks up on something and leads you on a snaking path, right towards the caves you'd seen when you first arrived...

The Swinub leads you into a small cave entrance, you have to duck to fit inside. However once inside, the tunnel opens up to be quite large, giving your more than enough room to move around. The tunnel continues in only one direction, so you follow Snuffles as he leads you deeper inside. Wildfire follows from behind you, guarding your flank should anything try to get you from the side. You for the tunnel for no more than a hundred metres before it opens up into a large cavern, on the far side you spot what appears to be a rather large Pokemon nest. The nest is littered with bones, as well as feathers identical to the one you found in the Pidgeotto's nest. Snuffles calls for your attention, but as you approach your heart is filled with sorrow. You recognise them instantly, the shattered remains of three Pidgey eggs. The white and brown shells have been deftly cracked open and their contents consumed, those bloody Sneasel! There was no sign of them anywhere, were they out looking for more eggs?

Something drops from the cave ceiling, hitting Wildfire on the head. The Cyndaquil looks around, where had that come from? He looks up to spot two Sneasel and a Weavile staring down at him, their sharp talons allowing them to cling to the roof.

"Quill Quill Quill!" Wildfire shouts, pointing out the perpetrators. Would you let them get away with this crime?
The only answer she got was the angry parents raising their arms aggressively. Wildfire immediately threw up a Smokescreen to cover their escape as Melissa spun on her heel and bolted. Behind them, some kind of bomb attack exploded and Melissa could feel Snuffles flinching at every explosion. For a beat, she wondered why before she remembered that this was the first time she'd brought him out on an adventure. No wonder.

Once they were clear of the smoke, and anything else that might get angry at them for being here, she ran a hand over Snuffles to try to soothe him. "Hey, you okay?"

"Quil?" Wildfire added his own concern from his perch on her shoulder.

Snuffles snuggled a little deeper into the crook of her arm and sighed deeply before nodding.

"Hey, it's fine," Melissa said. "We could've taken them on, but, well, new parents." She shrugged. "It seemed...mean. And we're all fine. No worries." Snuffles only snuggled deeper, so she just let him catch his breath and calm down. Wildfire draped himself over her shoulder with a quiet sigh and kept watch.

After a few more moments, Snuffles pulled his head out and nudged Melissa.

"You good to try again?" she asked, just to be sure.

He nodded and hopped back into the snow, clearly taking a deep breath before searching for the Pidgey eggs again. Wildfire yawned and picked himself up, Melissa running a hand over him as she got to her feet to follow Snuffles. Her Swinub meandered his way out of the woods and towards the caves, leading them to a small cave entrance. Melissa grimaced and let Wildfire hop to the ground before she ducked through herself.

It was wider than it looked, thankfully, and Snuffles continued onward. Melissa followed and let Wildfire take the rear, as he clearly wanted to. The tunnel opened up into a large cavern with a large nest on the other side. Snuffles hesitated and Melissa took the lead, picking out more details the closer she got. And the disappointment grew.

The nest was littered with bones and what looked to be Pidgey feathers. Snuffles made a small noise and she glanced over to see broken Pidgey egg shells. Her heart and her shoulders dropped as she sighed. Of course.

Behind her, Wildfire squeaked as something hit him on the head, dragging him out of his dissatisfaction. He glanced around for the culprit and then up at two Sneasel and a Weavile. Well, at least the Trial Captain had given them permission to fight the egg-stealers.

"Quil quil quil!" he yelled before tossing a Heat Wave up at them.

Melissa turned at Wildfire's call, followed the path of his attack, and grimaced. With a sigh, she glanced at Snuffles and nodded towards their opponents. "Odor Sleuth one of the Sneasel and then Ancient Power. Wildfire, follow that up with Swift."
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 10:57 PM   #619
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Missingno. Master- With Chase now the latest addition to your team, you set your mind towards how you're going to convince Trial Captain Madoka that the situation was handled entirely by yourself. Despite XXXXX doubting you, you believe that you can pull it off. You'd have to pull it off in order to prevent spoiling the surprise. While you the Trial Captain likely wouldn't want to spoil the surprise either, there was always the risk of word getting out. Henrietta guides you out of the aircraft, you notice the two grunts that you incapacitated have now come to and returned to the craft. They look the other way as you approach, ashamed that they were bested by you. You descend back down the rope, back down into the Cosmic Cavern.

Its a quicker trip back through the tunnels. Andromeda lights the way with a Flash, clearly illuminating the path ahead of you. Before you know it you're back at the Stone Shrine, where Madoka has finally gotten a handle on things. All of the Rock type Pokemon who had fled from the tunnels are now snoozing around the Stone Shrine, including the Aggron who you had mistakenly attacked. You notice empty food bowls spread out around the place, of course she won them over with food! Madoka gives you a wave when she spots you, you make your way over to her, trying your best not to appear suspicious. The Trial Captain looks exhausted, hopefully that would weaken her suspicion.

You give Madoka a run down on 'what you had been through', she seemed surprised by the Minior's presence and glad that you'd managed to help that return to space where they would be safe. "You've done well, I don't know if I could have gotten through this crisis without you. Once the Pokemon wake I will guide them back into the tunnels. I'm sure you could probably use a rest as well, I'll leave you to it. Thanks again Terri."


Your current adventure is now complete, you're welcome to continue adventuring in the Cloud Garden, or head somewhere else if you wish.



Biggggg5- Confident that your past experiences with this species will aid you, you feed Wake's confidence. He handled a Binacle as an Azurill, he should be capable of handling a Barbaracle now as a Marill. At least you hope he can. There was no telling how strong the Barbaracle was, or whether there were more waiting nearby. You'd soon find out either way. Wake inhales, his round body swells as he does so. Exhaling, he bathes the Barbaracle in an Icy Wind, the chilling breeze causes ice to form around its joints, slowing its movement. Only for a moment however as the Barbaracle smashes away some of the rock from its body, clearing away the ice and boosting its offensive capabilities dramatically. However a keen eye would notice more of the Barbaracle's body is exposed, its defences are certainly down.

Perhaps trying to restrict the Barbaracle further, Wake raises his hands up, constructing a swirl Whirlpool of water which he promptly tosses towards the opposing Water type. It does very little though as the Barbaracle cuts through the swirling water with a powerful Slash. It follows through, slashing its claws across Wake's soft chest. With the Barbaracle now at close range, Wake knows he has to push back. Water begins to gather around him, it soon surrounds him as he surges forward, slamming into the Barbaracle's chest. The Barbaracle is pushed back by the surging water, its severely reduced defence leads to it taking a powerful hit. The Barbaracle lashes out with Fury Swipes, forcing Wake back. The Marill takes two hits before getting out of range, he certainly has the upper hand at this point.



Myahoo- Instinctively, Wildfire lashes out at the devious trio of egg snatchers, the flames on his back igniting as he exhales a Heat Wave towards the ceiling. You turn to follow attack, spotting the three Pokemon just before the attack connects. The blistering heat forces the Dark types to drop to the ground, they land deftly but clearly hurting from the attack. This fight was one you were given the all clear for, these Pokemon would pay for what they did. Snuffles inhales the odours of his adversaries, it would make it harder for them to evade him, which would likely be helpful considering how stealthy Sneasel are known to be. Following up, the Swinub gathers rock energy, harnessing an Ancient Power to single out one of the Sneasel. The Sneasel is smashed by the super effective attack, which sends it tumbling backwards. The other Sneasel and the Weavile turn on Snuffles, seeking to punish him for harming their friend. They swipe at him with Metal Claws, the Weavile glows red as it is rewarded as an attack boost for its efforts. Wildfire sends a barrage of spinning Swift stars their way, causing them to retreat and lick their wounds. The Weavile looks around, as if its assessing the situation. This could be a problem.

Dark type Pokemon are known for their cunning and it seems this Weavile is no exception. It barks orders at the Sneasels, the follow them quickly, breaking off to the right and left. You're now surrounded. It doesn't seem like the Weavile's done yet, as it gives its minions more orders. All at once the three of them let out an Icy Wind, creating a small tornado of chilling wind. The swirling winds chill you to your very core and Wildfire and Snuffles seem to be chilling as well. The flames on Wildfire's back die down to a dull flicker. It seems your opponents are now organised, can you defeat them when they're working in unison?
__________________

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 12-26-2018 at 02:37 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #620
Missingno. Master
Go! Missingno.!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With Chase now the latest addition to your team, you set your mind towards how you're going to convince Trial Captain Madoka that the situation was handled entirely by yourself. Despite XXXXX doubting you, you believe that you can pull it off. You'd have to pull it off in order to prevent spoiling the surprise. While you the Trial Captain likely wouldn't want to spoil the surprise either, there was always the risk of word getting out. Henrietta guides you out of the aircraft, you notice the two grunts that you incapacitated have now come to and returned to the craft. They look the other way as you approach, ashamed that they were bested by you. You descend back down the rope, back down into the Cosmic Cavern.

Its a quicker trip back through the tunnels. Andromeda lights the way with a Flash, clearly illuminating the path ahead of you. Before you know it you're back at the Stone Shrine, where Madoka has finally gotten a handle on things. All of the Rock type Pokemon who had fled from the tunnels are now snoozing around the Stone Shrine, including the Aggron who you had mistakenly attacked. You notice empty food bowls spread out around the place, of course she won them over with food! Madoka gives you a wave when she spots you, you make your way over to her, trying your best not to appear suspicious. The Trial Captain looks exhausted, hopefully that would weaken her suspicion.

You give Madoka a run down on 'what you had been through', she seemed surprised by the Minior's presence and glad that you'd managed to help that return to space where they would be safe. "You've done well, I don't know if I could have gotten through this crisis without you. Once the Pokemon wake I will guide them back into the tunnels. I'm sure you could probably use a rest as well, I'll leave you to it. Thanks again Terri."


Your current adventure is now complete, you're welcome to continue adventuring in the Cloud Garden, or head somewhere else if you wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Rose Garden: A colorful garden that has been beautifully maintained. Roses among maybe other kinds of flowers of all sorts of colors and shapes make this scenic area a must-see for those who have come to sightsee. The fragrant aroma has made this garden the home for a number of species of grass and bug type Pokemon. The garden is home to one of the trial leaders for the Galea Foothills. (Please reply in springgreen)
With everything said and done, Henrietta escorted Terri out of the aircraft. As this was happening, Terri noticed the grunts from earlier, both of whom looked the other way upon seeing her. Terri couldn't help but give a small giggle- they had underestimated her and were now ashamed of having done so. Even so, considering what she now knew about the plans for the Minior, she was the tiniest bit ashamed herself. But she'd done what she'd done, and now she knew that the Minior would be fine.

The trip back through the tunnel was a quick and easy one. Andromeda's Flash lit the way for Terri, while George kept an eye out for any errant shards of Minior shell, even if he couldn't swoop down upon them as he used to be able to as an Inkay. XXXXX floated alongside them, silently wondering whether this would work. And Chase just floated along with them, the Indigo Core Minior happy to be a part of this little group. And as they exited, they saw the Pokémon that had fled from the tunnels, that one Aggron included, along with empty food bowls everywhere- that was how Madoka won them all over, with food! Of course, nobody present had any objections to raise to this line of thinking, and so they continued onward. Though before Madoka came into view, Terri made sure to withdraw her Pokémon, Chase included.

At last, Terri got back to Madoka, and told her the truth. Mostly, anyway. What she said was true, insofar as the problem had been a bunch of Minior, that they would no longer pose any sort of problem to the local wild Pokémon, and that the Minior themselves were now safe. But anything about Henrietta, the mayor's plans for the Minior, that aircraft, even those grunts who'd shown up- none of that reached Madoka's ears. Of course, Terri wasn't about to suspect the trial captain of spilling the beans, but she'd promised Henrietta that she'd keep it a secret, and Terri kept her promises. And finally, she nodded in response to Madoka's words- she really could use a rest.


As cool as the Stone Shrine was, Terri nevertheless felt the need to see what else the Cloud Garden had to offer. The Stone Shrine Badge was hers, that's one badge down, but Terri knew there were more trials to conquer. And not very long after, she returned, but with a different location in mind, and a different team on hand, some of which could be seen with her here and now.

First and foremost was the Froslass Terri was holding hands with. Although Laugh did indeed take up space on Terri's team, although she made it clear in no uncertain terms that she would gladly take orders from Terri, Terri practically never actually gave her orders. Their relationship was more, much more than just that of Pokémon and Trainer, and if the constant hand-holding didn't make that clear, then surely the kisses they shared would. Whenever Laugh accompanied Terri- which was damn near constantly these days- Terri consistently considered herself limited to only five Pokémon, and was quite content to be so.

The other one accompanying Terri outside of its ball, on the other hand, the relationship with her and Terri was much more along the lines of a standard Trainer/Pokémon relationship, and that was perfectly fine with both of them. This one was significantly smaller, built in such a way that she'd have fit quite comfortably around Terri's neck, and she looked the part, too, her long, thin tail dotted with flowers. Help was looking all around, quite excited at the prospect of visiting the Rose Garden. Anything floral was bound to excite her- Help was a Comfey, after all. Flowers were kind of her thing.

"So this will be your second trial?" Laugh was saying to Terri.

Terri nodded, admiring her Stone Shrine Badge. "The first one went really well," she said. "And I even caught Chase because of what happened the next day. And that was only a small portion of the Cloud Garden- I want to see all of it, take on more trials."

The Froslass smiled at seeing her girlfriend so excited. "I will help you however I can," she promised. "I know you don't like to command me, but I will welcome it if it means I would contribute to your victory."

Terri smiled appreciatively. "Well, if it ends up being necessary, I'm glad I can count on you," she said. "But first, we're not even sure what this trial will entail," she added fairly. "Let's first focus on finding the trial captain, OK?"

"A-and admiring the flowers, right?" Help squeaked.

Terri smiled at her Comfey. "Naturally," she agreed. And with that said, she led the way onward.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #621
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 683
King Ghidorah:

Someway, somehow, you made it all the way to the treetops without dying, but the scene before you is positively heart-wrenching. It's as if every single bird that used to reside here has been devoured, and judging by the scattered plumage, it's more than likely that the birds who used to make nest upon these treetops were in fact Rufflet and Braviary. Thus, you can only assume that whatever caused this massacre must somehow rank above these mighty birds in the pecking order... What could it be? And what does this mean for you?...

You briefly look down in an attempt to spot wither Throh or Jonah, but through all the leaves and branches you can't even see the actual floor, let alone either of your companions, and you can only hope your Pokemon is keeping the boy safe. Besides... you got other things to worry about right now.

*ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR*

An ear-piercing cry fills the air, your surroundings shake as the roar gets louder; even Honchkrow seems unsettled. And probably for good reason: soon afterwards, a massive shadow obscures what little sunlight permeates the treetops, moving away afterwards, and then blocking out the sun again. It soon becomes apparent that something gigantic is circling overhead, but you can't see it from where you stand. Whatever it is, it fills you with a tremendous sense of dread.

Is it time to call off this investigation already, or do you risk it and press onward to discover the truth behind the disaster that befell the flock of Braviary?



Prof Enigma:

The old fisherman looks genuinely surprised when you offer him a sandwich, but makes no efforts to appear polite as he snatches it off your hands and gobbles it down in a mere couple of bites.

"Ah, that hit the spot! Nice o' ya, kid." He smiles and looks upstream, his expression quickly shifting to one of concern once more. "My name's Otis. I made a livin' fishin' 'round these parts - now I'm retired, mind you, but I still like to come 'ere for old times' sake. And 'cause the missus gets mad if I don't bring home lunch, ya see. Lately, though... well, it's like I told ya."

Your Pokemon have, by now, gathered around the picnic area, listening to old Otis. Even as he goes on, you're already decided you want to look into this further, but when you extend your offer for the fisherman to join, he surprisingly declines.

"I admire yer courage boy, I do. But lemme be honest with ya - I'm 'fraid nothin' good lies upstream. Anythin' weird enough to turn this river into a sauna is sumthin' I'd love to have tangled with in my youth, but..." Otis looks at the ground, sadness in his eyes over what he used to be, and no longer can. "I'm old now. Got the wifey home waitin' fer me, and she's no spring chicken neither... Who knows what'd 'appen to 'er if I never made it back..."

He rummages through a small leather bag hanging from his hook-lined belt, and retrieves a single, extremely old and battered-looking PokéBall.

"Besides, I only got me a single Pokemon to me name, and the bloody device is so rusty I can't even call it out. Wouldn't do me any good even if it could come out, though..." Suddenly, his eyes light up. "Oh! Maybe you can take it along. That way it's almost as if I wasn't a big old coward and was actually taggin' along with y'all. 'Ere, take it. Maybe you'll manage to get it open somehow."

You receive 1x Malfunctioning PokéBall from Otis and he pats you on the shoulder.

"You're a brave lad. If you really wanna do this, keep headin' North along the Starline River and you'll reach the Waterfall. I reckon you'll find the source of the problem sooner rather than later. But be careful boy - I don't need the extra guilt if sumthin' 'appens to you, eh?"

Well, are you going through with this after all? If so, you might want to make some final preparations before you set out. You can ask Otis a couple more questions before you get going, if you think it'll help, but you should probably make haste upstream before the sun sets, since exploration will definitely be harder during nighttime.
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:41 AM   #622
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
King Ghidorah:

Someway, somehow, you made it all the way to the treetops without dying, but the scene before you is positively heart-wrenching. It's as if every single bird that used to reside here has been devoured, and judging by the scattered plumage, it's more than likely that the birds who used to make nest upon these treetops were in fact Rufflet and Braviary. Thus, you can only assume that whatever caused this massacre must somehow rank above these mighty birds in the pecking order... What could it be? And what does this mean for you?...

You briefly look down in an attempt to spot wither Throh or Jonah, but through all the leaves and branches you can't even see the actual floor, let alone either of your companions, and you can only hope your Pokemon is keeping the boy safe. Besides... you got other things to worry about right now.

*ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR*

An ear-piercing cry fills the air, your surroundings shake as the roar gets louder; even Honchkrow seems unsettled. And probably for good reason: soon afterwards, a massive shadow obscures what little sunlight permeates the treetops, moving away afterwards, and then blocking out the sun again. It soon becomes apparent that something gigantic is circling overhead, but you can't see it from where you stand. Whatever it is, it fills you with a tremendous sense of dread.

Is it time to call off this investigation already, or do you risk it and press onward to discover the truth behind the disaster that befell the flock of Braviary?
”Oh no…this is bad…this is really bad.”

The hair on the back of Hugo’s neck stood on end as the piercing shriek filled his ears. He cursed himself because he knew this was going to happen. Whatever had taken out the flock up here hadn’t gone far and probably wasn’t thrilled to find someone else invading its new territory. Then again, maybe it was happy Hugo wandered into its lair. Somehow, that was even more terrifying.

Meanwhile, Honchkrow examined the shadow through the holes in the treetop. While Hugo couldn’t detect what was above, Honchkrow did have a bird’s keen vision. Clearly she was able to spot something. Her feathers became greatly ruffled, her throat puffed out, and her pupils dilated. Whatever it was, Hugo knew it was getting her worked up. A second piercing cry from above. Honchkrow’s whole body seemed to swell with air and she took a deep breath and responded to what was above with a deep, bellowing *KROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW*

Whatever was there, Honchkrow didn’t seem to be afraid of it. Her breed was known as “The Summoner of the Night” for a reason. On the downside, if there was any question as to whether they had been spotted before, Honchkrow’s retaliatory announcement made sure it was very clear that they were there.

Hugo and Honchkrow made eye contact. Hugo blinked incredulously. “…but why?!”

Honchkrow decided she wasn’t going to take this lying down. The blood and feathers surrounding here didn’t deter her and she flew higher into the treetops to get a better look. Foolishly, Hugo climbed after her.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:12 PM   #623
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 683
King Ghidorah:

It goes to show how instinct can sometimes overpower both obedience and common sense. Surrounded by the blood and feathers of fellow avian Pokemon, Honchkrow is overwhelmed by a thirst for vengeance, and rather than remain silent at the enemy's approach, she bellows loudly to draw its attention, much to your dismay. The bird then takes flight upwards to engage whatever lies beyond, giving you no option but to follow, much slower, climbing further up.

As you struggle to grab branches both within reach and sturdy-looking enough to support your weight, you begin to fall behind and lose Honchkrow from sight. But it doesn't take long for the two of you to be reunited - following what sounds like an explosion above, your companion comes crashing down through the foliage, unconscious and enveloped in blue flames. You only have time to cradle her in your arms as she approaches, but in doing so, you lose your balance and fall back down. Still clutching Honchkrow in your arms, you mercifully land on one of the empty nests down below, but...

*ROOOOOAAAAAAAAAR*

Wincing from the pain of the tumble, you look upwards to see something terrifying - leaves and branches begin to catch fire, and soon afterwards, the head of a positively massive Hydreigon bursts through the flames, jaws agape and red eyes glowing with uncontrollable hunger!

The black beast's fangs close down on your backpack, and before you know it, you're being lifted off the nest and into the air, carried away on the Hydreigon's jaws... You struggle to break free, to no avail, and you can't even try to punch your way free, since Honchkrow is still passed out in your arms. All you can do is watch Cloud Forest shrink in the distance as the dragon gains height and carries you to its lair...

It feels like forever, but finally, a mountainous ridge comes into view,
and if you squint you can make out a small shrine made out of stone next to the base of the Starline Falls, on a small plateau against the mountainside. Down there is the Stone Shrine, but the Hydreigon does not lower altitude; instead, it heads to the mountain itself, where a large hole on the rock surface becomes progressively more noticeable. The dragon's lair...

The beast enters the cavern and unceremoniously drops you on the stone floor; you briefly fear it will devour you straight away, but instead, it growls and flies off again, as i the current haul is not enough for a proper meal. It must have left to get more food...

The cave itself is quite dark, but some sunlight still permeates the area from the wide entrance on the mountainside. What little you can make out from your surroundings, however, is quite disheartening at first glance: countless bones of all shapes and sizes, bloodied feathers scattered around the cave floor... And the stench...

You have no idea how long it will take for the Hydreigon to return, which means either taking your time to explore the cave or attempting to climb your way out of are both risky options. You do realize, however, that the backpack has been forcibly ripped from your shoulders, leaving only the straps - the dragon must have inadvertently swallowed it!

*You have lost access to any items in your Backpack that are not being held by Pokemon*

Some mess you got yourself into. What will you do now?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:27 PM   #624
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,888
Missingno. Master- Returning to the Cloud Garden for a second time, you now have your sights set on a second Trial Badge. A different team accompanies you this time, most notable among them is Laugh. You share a special bond with the Froslass, one that most wouldn't understand. Your relationship with the Comfey hanging around your neck was much more stock standard, the Fairy type seemed delighted by the stunning array of flowers in the Rose Garden. Help often leaves your side, disappearing into a flowerbed before emerging, sporting a new flower on her chain. The smells and sounds of the Rose Garden almost overload your senses, around every turn their was a new smell or sound.

"Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That certainly was a different sound, a scream for help. You rush along the path, Laugh right alongside you as you make your way towards the source of the cry. You come to a stop as you spot a young girl at the end of the path, forced to her hands and knees by a pair of Beedrill who seem to be drawn to the flowers on her sunhat. A Musharna shakes violently into the garden next to her, it seems to have been badly poisoned! The pair certainly look like they are in need of assistance. The Beedrill seem aware of your presence and one turns to face you, brandishing its pointed stingers. Before you know it, the Bug Pokemon is hurtling towards you, they certainly were aggressive!
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:04 AM   #625
Missingno. Master
Go! Missingno.!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 5,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Returning to the Cloud Garden for a second time, you now have your sights set on a second Trial Badge. A different team accompanies you this time, most notable among them is Laugh. You share a special bond with the Froslass, one that most wouldn't understand. Your relationship with the Comfey hanging around your neck was much more stock standard, the Fairy type seemed delighted by the stunning array of flowers in the Rose Garden. Help often leaves your side, disappearing into a flowerbed before emerging, sporting a new flower on her chain. The smells and sounds of the Rose Garden almost overload your senses, around every turn their was a new smell or sound.

"Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That certainly was a different sound, a scream for help. You rush along the path, Laugh right alongside you as you make your way towards the source of the cry. You come to a stop as you spot a young girl at the end of the path, forced to her hands and knees by a pair of Beedrill who seem to be drawn to the flowers on her sunhat. A Musharna shakes violently into the garden next to her, it seems to have been badly poisoned! The pair certainly look like they are in need of assistance. The Beedrill seem aware of your presence and one turns to face you, brandishing its pointed stingers. Before you know it, the Bug Pokemon is hurtling towards you, they certainly were aggressive!
The Rose Garden was a beautiful place. Terri could certainly appreciate it, true enough, but Help was a whole other swarm of Yanma. The Comfey's appreciation of the flowers went far beyond what anyone else present could comprehend, and often she'd float off into a flowerbed, emerging soon after sporting a new flower on her tail, a sight that made Terri and Laugh giggle every time. It truly was a nice place...

...until a cry for help echoed all around, that is. Terri's leisurely stroll gave way to an urgent run, Laugh and Help floating alongside, until they saw the source. The source- a young girl on her hands and knees, at the mercy of a pair of Beedrill! The flowers on the girl's sunhat, pretty as they were, were proving to be her downfall as they had attracted the Beedrill. What was more, the Musharna with her seemed to be badly poisoned, and wasn't able to fend off the Bug/Poison-types. And what was even more, one of the Beedrill started zooming straight for Terri. She reached for a Poké Ball, but before she could even grab hold of it, Laugh had already acted. The Froslass positioned herself squarely between Terri and the oncoming Beedrill, and was prepared to Protect them both from what was coming. That, of course, was unlikely to stop the Beedrill, so Laugh was prepared to let fly a Shadow Ball, and follow it up with Ice Beam if necessary.

Terri was understandably worried about Laugh, but at the same time, was confident that she had what it took. So she took the opportunity to focus on the young girl, her Musharna, and the other Beedrill. "Help, help them out," she instructed her Comfey. "Go and heal the Musharna with Heal Bell, then stick the Beedrill with a Leech Seed, and constrict it with Vine Whip!"
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.