Aposteriori
Banned

Spoiler: show
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #1602
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Y'all complaining just cause you're young. You'll like girls soon enough.

Especially when they transform into PEOPLE!

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #1603
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Jolly Nature, 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Def, Choice Scarf

Run it out there and Fissure everything, withdraw it when it runs into something faster, immune to Ground or can sponge the OHKO.

Literally none of the other offensive stats matter when it's a OHKO until Fissure's PP is depleted, which would be the easiest way to ward off Machamp.
Protect then KO it surely
Old 10-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #1604
Selena
Aroma Lady

No guard hits through protect if the base move isn't 100% accurate, unless they fixed that. Basically if they'd protect Machamp would have a 70% chance of hitting through it.

EDIT: Also protect won't do much if Machamp is still faster, and there are support options to give him that speed edge.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:16 AM   #1605
Emi

...that was just a JPN DP glitch

EDIT: Protect has priority and you just KO Champ with the other Pokemon.

It's not rocket science everything in VGC uses Protect except Regigigas.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:08 PM   #1606
phoopes
Double Dragon

But then you give your Machamp Protect and it becomes a mindgame :p

Besides we don't even know if this is going to be a thing yet.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #1607
Emi

Final starter reveals:

Rowlet's final form is Decidueye, a Grass / Ghost type.
Litten's final form is Incineroar, a Fire / Dark type.
Popplio's final form is Primaria, a Water / Fairy type.

The other island guardians are:
Tapu Lele, a Psychic / Fairy type with Psychic Surge, which sets up the move Psychic Terrain, an anti-priority move.
Tapu Bulu, a Grass / Fairy type with Grassy Surge.
Tapu Fini, a Water / Fairy type with Misty Surge.

New Pokemon called Cosmog, a Psychic-type with Unaware.

Alolan Persian is pure Dark with Fur Coat and Technician.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:34 AM   #1608
phoopes
Double Dragon

Grass/Ghost????? Love love love, so unexpected omg
Old 10-27-2016, 08:57 AM   #1609
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Grass/Ghost????? Love love love, so unexpected omg
Quoted for truth. Was already firmly on Team Rowlet, but this news certainly didn't do that any harm.

Is this enough datamine related that it should be in spoilers?
I'm also really curious now if/how Cosmog ties in the with legendaries as it was believed right after the datamine.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #1610
Aposteriori
Banned

Going with the grass starter.

Edit: Predicted Water/Fairy
Old 10-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #1611
deoxys
Fog Badge

> Decidueye

HOLY SHIT I TOTALLY CALLED IT

(yo keep this shit on UPN thanks)

Also

>Grass/Ghost

where my Discorders at WHERE U AT DOGS I TOLD YOU
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:47 AM   #1612
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Incineroar being Fire/Dark. Saw it coming. Still picking it. Still want. Darkest Lariat sounds lioke a Dark-type Chip Away, which could be pretty cool.

Primarina being Water/Fairy, I think we all guessed this one ever since Popplio was seen to learn Disarming Voice. Sparkling Aria sounds interesting, though I think it might simply be another variant of Smelling Salts or Wake-Up Slap.

Decidueye being Grass and... Ghost? OK, I'll be honest, did not see that one coming. Like, at all. Spirit Shackle sounds cool- hoping it's also a decent STAB option for it.

The other Tapus each have a different terrain-setting Ability, very cool. Holy crap, though, that Guardian of Alola Z-Move! Does that not look awesome? I'm guessing it requires the user to know Nature's Madness.

Cosmog is cute. It's got "smog" right there in the name, though, and it's not a Poison-type...

Alolan Persian looks cool. There'll be no arguing that point, OK? Can we all agree on that? And it get Fur Coat- very cool indeed.

Cynthia? Wally? RED AND BLUE?!!?! Just when I think my hype levels can't get any higher they throw us something like this!!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #1613
deoxys
Fog Badge

OLDER RED LOOKS WEIRD IDK HOW TO FEEL
Old 10-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #1614
Aposteriori
Banned

He is going through puberty
Old 10-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #1615
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...And so rowlette forces me to drop either vulpix or mimikyu from my team. Don't get me wrong, decidueye is freakin' awesome and the sudden change to the Ghost type is a nice surprise, but it does force me to shift things around. *Sigh* Win some and lose some, I guess. Spirit Shackle, on the other hand, does further cement it's awesomeness and might even grant it a bit of competitive usage... but I might just be jumping the gun there!

Incineroar definitely needed to be animated to get any resemblance of respect- it does have a fair bit of personality! It also has a surprisingly solid sense of honor for a non-misunderstood Dark type, so that's a bit of plus. ...And I think that's the second time slowbro has been used as a demonstration dummy. Poor guy!

Primarina cast Balloonga! Seriously, the description for this thing sure sounds like the surprisingly-gamebreaking spell from KH:3D, and I love it! Everything else about this thing, on the other hand... well, it certainly hasn't grown up on me like incineroar has. And who's idea was it to make it's hair do that despite having tied up in a pearl band? Weird...

Tapu Lele: Chaotic Neutral Incarnate. Might heal your wounds, might give you a seizure. Also sports a nice dunce gnome hat and the best looking eyes of the bunch! Er, they all have the same eyes, but they look the best on Lele. Does that make sense? Also, Psychic Terrain looks pretty sweet graphics-wise, so that's a big plus! What exactly is supposed to be when it's closed, though?

Oh look, another bull. I'm not fond of bulls. The warning cowbell's a nice touch, I guess, but... ugh. It doesn't help that it kinda has the weakest design of the bunch and has hands that are even more useless than Tapu Koko's- at least those can be used as makeshift tweezers! Pass.

And here we have the token swordfish, as well as one of the biggest cases of 'not worth the trouble' I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. Basically, Tapu Fini has the power to create healing water, which it the protects with a fog that causes any that try to take it to 'destroy themselves'... yay. Can we go back to the days where the worst a Tapu got was 'may not come to your aid'?

They all got a Z-Move unique to them (Guardian of Alola), though, so that's a plus. Or it would be if it weren't just a slightly stronger Nature's Madness. Seriously, they'd better off with a type-based crystal... and how come they're all yellow giants? This seems like a bit of a design oversight to me! ...That, and sun looks way too happy about smashing that exeggutor to smithereens. Yeesh!

And respect levels for cosmog have risen! The little fluff ball looks a lot cuter when actually animated, and the Unaware ability certainly is shown to it's fullest thematic potential!
Datamine Spoiler
I have wonder why they decided to reveal it on it's own, though? What about the solrock-looking doohicky it clearly forms a pair with? Seriously, I feel kind of cheated here!

That said, I don't remember the cries the pokemon in Lillie's bag made well enough to rule it out of being cosmog or not. Note that I only have access to the Japanese version of the trailer at the time of posting this, so I maybe missing some sort of important detail in that regard.

...Is that Fur Coat I see... on Alolan Persian? It is, isn't it? Well, I really can't say I saw that coming! I'd gladly take that as the replacement ability from Pickup- there's no way that can't be helpful! In before crappy bulk. Everything else I have to say regarding it really only applies because I've never played Gen. 6: what the heck happened to it's cry and why does Nasty Plot include all that jumping?! Calm down there, Garfield, you're gonna give yourself a heart attack!

And suddenly, game fanservice up the wazoo! We can finally team up with Wally! Granted, it's not as Brendan or May, but at least it's something. Red's quiet as ever and rocking that T-Shirt... and seems to be sassily looking off to the side while Blue (who's also pulling off a business-casual version of his FR/LG attire) talks on and on. Seriously, talk about your kinda unexpected surprises there! And they appear to be traveling together? That's neat. And... there's probably a Catastropika coming our way or something. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if there were.

...And so ends another incredibly long reaction post. Seriously, this one took me almost an hour and a half to complete- that is, about a whole class period for me. Welp. Well then, I'll be back later for future discussiony-type stuff, so see you all then~!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #1616
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedMana View Post
Datamine Spoiler
I have wonder why they decided to reveal it on it's own, though? What about the solrock-looking doohicky it clearly forms a pair with? Seriously, I feel kind of cheated here!
Response to datamine spoiler, which is a spoiler in and of itself
It's believed that the other thing is in fact its evolved form, which could then evolve into either Solgaleo or Lunala.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #1617
Aposteriori
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
The other Tapus each have a different terrain-setting Ability, very cool. Holy crap, though, that Guardian of Alola Z-Move! Does that not look awesome? I'm guessing it requires the user to know Nature's Madness.
They look like the become celestials from marvel
Old 10-27-2016, 11:25 AM   #1618
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Hype as fuck.

This is amazing.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #1619
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
OLDER RED LOOKS WEIRD IDK HOW TO FEEL
My first reaction was "oh no he's hot" and then I felt some childhood shatter.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #1620
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Grass/Ghost? Fuck me gamefreak, that's some crack I can work with.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #1621
deoxys
Fog Badge

So in Gen 6, Delphox was a Mage, Greninja a Rogue, and Chesnaught a Paladin. This was confirmed as much by Gamefreak as well, I believe, at the time.

I think the theme continues in Gen 7. Decidueye is a Ranger, Incineroar is a Fighter/Berserker, and Primarina is a Bard.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:57 AM   #1622
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
> Decidueye

HOLY SHIT I TOTALLY CALLED IT

(yo keep this shit on UPN thanks)

Also

>Grass/Ghost

where my Discorders at WHERE U AT DOGS I TOLD YOU
I did not doubt you for a moment, sir. Granted this may have had some degree of because I wanted it to be a thing, but still.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:12 AM   #1623
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
So in Gen 6, Delphox was a Mage, Greninja a Rogue, and Chesnaught a Paladin. This was confirmed as much by Gamefreak as well, I believe, at the time.

I think the theme continues in Gen 7. Decidueye is a Ranger, Incineroar is a Fighter/Berserker, and Primarina is a Bard.
Than I hope Gen 8 will bring us a Warlock, Necromancer and Healer
Old 10-28-2016, 02:56 AM   #1624
Torkoal Stu
This

The lack of quality control in the naming of the new Pokémon is a real issue of mine. Decidueye flicks between awful and acceptable, but Incineroar is an awful name. I guess we should just be relieved it isn't a Fire/Fighting Type.

I love the designs of the final starter evolutions though. Much better than last generation's. Grass/Ghost is an interesting type combination though.

Although I still cannot deal with Persian's new Garfield face.
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:13 AM   #1625
phoopes
Double Dragon

I'll agree with Stu on names, the name Decidueye is easily the only bad thing about Rowlett line but Incineroar is a really bad one. Primarina is actually a really good name IMO though

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News