UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #2876
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
It's really hard to summon it though...

The easiest way I see to summon it is-

Level 10 Xyz-->Rank-up-->Skypalace Babylon-->Rank-up-->Divine Giant-->Have it destroyed (either by self or just wait for it-->Win!

I guess it could be done with Mecha Beasts or other decks that focus on Rank 10s... I expect it to be nerfed to hell when it reaches the TCG though ;p
Old 02-17-2014, 01:30 AM   #2877
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
It's really hard to summon it though...

The easiest way I see to summon it is-

Level 10 Xyz-->Rank-up-->Skypalace Babylon-->Rank-up-->Divine Giant-->Have it destroyed (either by self or just wait for it-->Win!

I guess it could be done with Mecha Beasts or other decks that focus on Rank 10s... I expect it to be nerfed to hell when it reaches the TCG though ;p
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Universe

Oh, I realize now no Numbers. Well there are similar cards to this. The problem is that card I listed earlier isn't a Nomi, so it can be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck without being XYZ Summoned.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-17-2014, 06:02 AM   #2878
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

And then it gets attacked by Amazoness Swordswoman when it doesn't have any XYZ material left.

A winner is you!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #2879
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
>complaining about anime card

lulz. Like we are ever going to get a Rank 13.

OH! Muyo, you should check that new Rank 2 monster they released, Soul Marionatter or whatever. It might be GREAT for your Princess Burn deck.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #2880
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

It's interesting, I'd have to change things to be a bit more Curran-focused... and actually run an XYZ, though. Hm.

We may be in for more rule changes in the future though: Vjump scans are here! And is the news major this time! Looks like there will be huge rule changes that will apply on 21 March together with the new starter deck!

1. Player who goes first will not draw for the first turn
2. Both players can have a field spell card on the field at the same time
3. Effect card text will be written in a new style, making them easier to understand (PSCT much?)

Going second just got a lot more appealing, and Gravekeepers get a big boost.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #2881
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That first rule has been a long time coming. Konami was just too stubborn to admit it and/or cared too much about critics accusing YGO of being a ripoff of Magic. But it's been clear for a very long time that the majority of decks do not benefit from going second in YGO and conversely that the majority do actually benefit from going first. (Get to set traps and spells, get to be one step ahead of the other player in the creature arms race, etc.) You see handicaps for this inherent unfairness of getting to go first in lots of games. Magic and Go are two examples that quickly come to mind. It's not at all surprising that eventually Konami might admit a need for a handicap for Player 2. And here we have it.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #2882
Emi

>Both sides can have field spell cards

AND THE REIGN OF DARK WORLD BEGINS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #2883
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
1. Player who goes first will not draw for the first turn
2. Both players can have a field spell card on the field at the same time
3. Effect card text will be written in a new style, making them easier to understand (PSCT much?)[/url]
The field one is quite interesting, I think it'll definitely make Field Spells more viable~

But then I'm so out of the game, like I don't even know anything major about XYZs or anything beyond 5Ds to be honest D:

I'm interested in this Arc V thing, but from the sound of the description thus far it sounds very ZeXal-esque rather than some new reinvention of Yu-Gi-Oh. But then 5Ds is proof that a series can start off really strong and promising (everything up to the end of Dark Signers) and then descend into a poorly planned/paced/written mess (whatever the second half of 5Ds was with that overlong tournament saga).
Old 02-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #2884
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
>Both Players can have Field Spells.

YESH
YEEEESH
My Ghostricks will be even more awesome!

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 02-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #2885
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not really sure why people are freaking out so much about the field spell rule change.

First of all, most of you who run field spells weren't screwed by enemy field spells coming into play: you were screwed by MSTs, Heavy Storms, and other spell-destroying creatures, spells, or traps. Yes, I agree that this rule change is a net upgrade for you: I just don't see it as being a substantial upgrade for you. If 10% of the time you're up against enemy field spell users, 90% of the time you're up against decks that don't even bother with the field spell zone.

Second of all, I see this rule change being much better for any field spells which explicitly state on them "When this card is played, destroy/remove other field spells" than for most of your guys' cards. After all, most field spell cards wouldn't have that rule printed on them. Why would they? It was an understood rule going back to the game's beginnings: play a field spell card, send other field spell cards already in play to their owners' discard piles. But now with the new rules, these field spell cards should theoretically be elevated to a higher plane of power: as they should retain their effect text and thus be able to do in the new world what all field spell cards used to be able to do in the old world. I'm not even sure if such cards exist or not, but if they do, they're the ones I see this rule being awesome for, not the ones you guys usually use.

Third, it goes both ways. It's very much a double-edged sword. Think of all the times that you, as a user of a deck with field spell cards, were able to thwart an opponent who also made use of field spell cards. "Sorry: no more library for you." "Sorry: no more gates for you." "Sorry: no more marshlands for you." Your field spells used to be two-hit combos. They used to be cards which simultaneously strengthened your game and weakened your opponent's. Not so anymore. Now when your opponent gets a field spell card out onto the field, you're going to have to burn an MST or some other spell-removal card or ability to deal with it. You're not going to be able to remove it as a sort of "freebie" by playing your own field spell card. And in any situations where you happen to have a field spell card in hand but no spell removal cards in hand or on the field? You're going to curse the day you thought this rule change was such a great idea.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #2886
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The Field Spell rule definitely hurts decks that use playing over Field Spells as a tactic. I have hopes for Speed World now, and it also makes Orichalcos a much more powerful card. It's certainly interesting. Arc V also promises to summon "high level monsters" so hopefully we'll see more Level 9+ in the future.

As for the draw restriction, it's dumb. The +1 draw isn't the problem in YGO, it's the ability to set Spells/Traps that is breaking the game. It'll definitely help me more because I suck at Rock-Paper-Scissors, but it's hardly a game changer.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #2887
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
The +1 draw isn't the problem in YGO, it's the ability to set Spells/Traps that is breaking the game.
Which of the following are you saying?
  1. Getting to set spells and/or traps on the first turn of the game is too powerful. Players should be forbidden from playing spell and/or trap cards on the first turn of the game.
  2. Spells and/or traps are too powerful when played facedown (i.e. set). They should have to played face-up.
  3. Five is too many field slots for spells and/or traps. It should be reduced to four or less.
  4. other
Old 02-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #2888
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Which of the following are you saying?
  1. Getting to set spells and/or traps on the first turn of the game is too powerful.
This, but only in a game without a card like Heavy Storm to mass remove the Spells/Traps, as is the current TCG. If you set your entire hand, all of your cards are live and none remain useless in hand, meaning you can completely thwart your opponent's ability to get into the game without them being able to do anything about it.

When Heavy was in the game, players would only set 1-2 cards fearing a heavy drop, because players will automatically storm a field if there's two or more sets. They had to set something to avoid an OTK, but didn't want a single card to fall prey to MST. Heavy was one of the few cards that granted a "second turn" advantage, and by destroying two cards the opponent has, it's the same +1 advantage as getting the free draw off of the Konami rule change.

The rule change is completely unnecessary in the OCG, considering they still have Heavy Storm legal, but it'll help out the TCG a bit with the insane set 3-5 that's been going on lately. Set 3 is already pretty darn imposing as is, so I personally think this isn't enough to compensate for the loss of Heavy Storm.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #2889
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Looks like the cards for the next set are coming out:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Duelist_Advent

The Synchro sucks, to be honest. Wish that was on a Level 9 body instead of Level 5. :/

Oh, also, Pendulum Summoning revealed.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pendulum_Summon

I don't get it!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-18-2014, 06:47 PM   #2890
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Looks like the cards for the next set are coming out:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Duelist_Advent

The Synchro sucks, to be honest. Wish that was on a Level 9 body instead of Level 5. :/
That seems like a really cumbersome Monster Reborn.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #2891
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

If it were Level 9, it would be decent because that would allow it to have better defense, and actually be a scale-up monster in case you needed to defend against a big threat.

For a Level 5 like that...it encourages the opponent to remove it, meaning it is too passive to be useful, even if it has a great Type/Attribute.

Really, Floaticastle wouldn't be so bad if it had better typing and attribute!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #2892
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The pendulum mechanic sounds even more cumbersome. I don't think I'll be hopping back into YGO any time soon. The mechanic seems like it will have a high learning curve. If you haven't gotten over the hump, it will be a hugely random mechanic -- and random mechanics tend to be frustrating. If you have gotten over the hump, well then good for you -- but it's going to take a lot of playtesting and research to do so.

Famous last words though? Who knows. Spring is right around the corner ...
Old 02-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #2893
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

XYZ was pretty hard for me to understand at first, but then again I was the guy who took like 2 months to figure out how to Tribute Summon. :V
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #2894
Emi

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Saphira...n_Princess_God

As if Lightsworns needed MORE THINGS.

But yeah on the Pendulum thing...it seems there are certain monsters with Pendulum numbers, you place one on the left, one on the right, and then you can Pendulum Summon, which allows you to swarm your field. This could be incredibly broken.

Last edited by Emi; 02-18-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #2895
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
So, BIG Duels anyone, while the Formal is something we all understand and like to play? Come on Blaze, you know you want to.

Had my Gagaga ready for testing for about a week, and I don't like dueling randoms, lest I am met with another 60 Card Deck, and people sneaking Draws while I search from my Deck.

I'm tired of DN crashing on me randomly during good Duels. I'm most likely switching to YGOPro.

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 02-18-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #2896
Emi

But I only have one deck!

Sure, wynaut. BIG DUELS.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #2897
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
But I only have one deck!

Sure, wynaut. BIG DUELS.

Gagaga Sister's broken. She singlehandedly makes Xyz Summoning a 0 instead of the usual -1, or -2 economy we're used to. That, in itself, aside from her ability to toolbox the entire Extra Deck along with her partner in crime, Gagaga Magician, is amazing. I really like how Gagaga moves now that they got her. Too bad she's still an OCG-Exclusive, just like Gagaga Academy Emergency Network.

Also, Fire Fist is pretty good, and Blaze pilots it nicely... Except... GYOUKKO Shenanigans make my life hell, hittin' Torrential Tribute, Bottomless, and, get this, Solemn Warning.

Dem BIG Duels, Blaze. I know you liked that NBA2K Gustaph in the end.

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 02-18-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #2898
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

But 1000 isn't an imaginary number! /shot

Pendulum actually sounds surprisingly interesting.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:57 AM   #2899
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Oh, also, Pendulum Summoning revealed.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pendulum_Summon

XYZ was stupid and overpowered, but I resolved to deal with it. This seems like another big step in the wrong direction to me, but I suppose I'm not the target audience.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:11 AM   #2900
Torkoal Stu
This

Irrelevant to the actual (ridiculous sounding) pendulum mechanic itself, I don't like the way the style of the pendulum cards look. The cards themselves look cluttered with too much going on. And they could have at least given them a new colour! Like I'm not really a fan of XYZs, but they do look cool with their black boarders.

I guess we'll have to see how it is in action, but if you really can summon multiple monsters via Pendulum Summon in one go it just seems like a ridiculous mechanic to install into the game. Slap down two Pendulum cards and then you get to swarm the field? It feels like its missing a cost. But maybe they haven't revealed all the ins and outs of the mechanic yet, or maybe I don't quite fully understand it.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment