UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 04-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #1
Toyo
hail

Victini Zones and Adventure

Sup people! Let's talk about what's actually kinda super important about Fizzy Bubbles: zones and adventuring. There's lots of stuff we need to hash out, so if we could get some general consensus or discussion on these, that'd be cool. I am 300% certain I have forgot some very important things, so please bring those up!

So, on the zone admin and zone updator system:
1a - Everyone is cool with the currently proposed zone admin system, where one person rules over a zone, updates, and promotes updator underlings that update as well?
1b - Who do we want as our first Zone Admins? Who is willing?

On the actual zones that are going to exist:
2a - Discord has generally agreed on the types of zones: permanent Zones (something like the Cloud Garden or Phantom Isle, that will exist until otherwise noted), Minizones (something like the Evolution Zone), and the possibility of Temporary Zones (things like Bedlam Ridge that will only hang around for a little while). Everyone likes these ideas? (also the Free for All Zone we can agree will stick around because why not)
2b - What permanent zones do we want to keep from old FB? I remember someone wanting to be the Cloud Garden ZA, and Phantom Isle will probably be back by popular demand. What other zones?
2c - What minizones do we want? The Evolution Zone probably needs to stick around. Does anybody have a minizone that they want to see exist? (I have one I'm interested in but that's just me! :P)
2d - For temp zones, do we want to continue the theme of temporary zones like Bedlam? I'd be interested in having "seasonal zones" with restricted times for intro posts.

And this too!
3 - How do we feel about Marion's adventure length idea, outlined originally here? tl;dr adventure lengths would be determined when somebody walks into a zone. If we decided to go with tempzones, they would probably be restricted to quick or maybe a bit longer adventures.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As far as which permanent zones should return, in addition to the previously mentioned Cloud Garden and Phantom Isle (both of which I am very much in favor of), I'd like to suggest Cascadia returns as well. I'm somewhat partial to that zone- my Muk and Heatmor both came from there, the latter of which I caught at the end of what I consider to be one of my most epic zone adventures to date. Also gonna make mention of Cortoza and Whale Island, though in the interest of full disclosure, those are more due to personal bias than even Cascadia- the adventure I had going in Cortoza is one I've really been enjoying thus far, and two out of my three Whale Island adventures have involved Missingno. in some capacity.

As for minizones... Evolution Zone is a must, of course. The Dream World, that's another one I think ought to stick around. I had previously suggested an additional minizone that would essentially replace the SoaT, but considering we're almost certainly going to have to RP to get Apricorns and Shards anyway, no real need to make the process of converting them any more convoluted than it needs to be.

Marion's adventure length idea- I gave that my full support back when she first posted it, and that's not changed since.

Question- where do we currently stand on the whole Coin Zone idea? Or is that something we'll be holding off on until we start going more into currency?
Old 04-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #3
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

I dont have much to say on this topic that has not already been said.
I will bring up this:
The beginner zone-Is very much not needed. It never got updated an was just kind of a dumb idea. It eventually fell into ruin and was kind of not nescisarry in the first place. We had already proved ourselves with the RP test.
IDK if this was already pointed out I just wanted to give my opinion.

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 04-23-2017 at 01:59 PM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #4
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiiconcept View Post
I dont have much to say on this topic that has not already been said.
I will bring up this:
The beginner zone-Is very much not needed. It never got updated an was just kind of a dumb idea. It eventually fell into ruin and was kind of not nescisarry in the first place. We had already proved ourselves with the RP test.
IDK if this was already pointed out I just wanted to give my opinion.
In addition to this, the whole idea behind the Arcane Realm was kind of a short, quick adventure meant to get you acclimated to FB's style of RPing and maybe help you with that first catch. And should we implement Marion's idea, one can request such an adventure upon entering any given zone anyway, so yeah, all things considered, I see little need for the Arcane Realm anymore.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:06 PM   #5
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
1a - I've been a supporter of the Zone Admin system for a while now, and I think its definitely the kind of organization that will help zones work again more than before.

1b - I don't think this is a major point we need to consider, but I think that we should allow people to ZA if they want to in the beginning. First, seconds, or thirds don't mean much to me.

2a - I believe this set-up will be good. I'm not quite sure on the idea of temporary zones, but we can always do something similar to campaigns in FB's past. Bedlam Ridge is a bit of a unique circumstance because of how we are now, so I feel that temporary zones will be less of a thing in the future.

2b - This, in my opinion, should be left to the ZAs. If someone wants to take an older zone, let them! I don't think any of the older zones should truly "disappear". We can, and should, have an Ice Box where newer ZAs can pick up a zone, or an older ZA can retire a zone if they feel its gone its course and pick up a newer one if they wish.

2c - I feel the Coin Zone should exist, and this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I designed it, or anything. Baka.

2d - I think that in the future, temp zones could simply become campaigns. I worry having true temp zones could overcomplicate things in the long run, but if people want to see them, I don't really have an issue with it.

3 - Marion's adventure length idea I think is really, really good idea. But I've already said as much.

I also think that it would be a good idea right now to make a thread purely devoted to zone management. Basically it would do three things:

1) Act as an icebox for zones that are not currently in use.

2) Act as a resource in which to post new zones once they are finalized

3) Keep track of ZAs and which zones they are currently handling

The sooner we have this, the better off we will be, and I think that having people getting started on zones now is also a good idea because, well, we need zones for people to adventure in!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #6
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
1b - I don't think this is a major point we need to consider, but I think that we should allow people to ZA if they want to in the beginning. First, seconds, or thirds don't mean much to me.

2d - I think that in the future, temp zones could simply become campaigns. I worry having true temp zones could overcomplicate things in the long run, but if people want to see them, I don't really have an issue with it.
Everything else I agree with, just wanna comment on these; Order doesn't matter to me either, I just wanna know who's interested in becoming a ZA! And campaigns are cool, I just figured temp zones would be more constant and rotational than once in a blue moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
I also think that it would be a good idea right now to make a thread purely devoted to zone management. Basically it would do three things:

1) Act as an icebox for zones that are not currently in use.

2) Act as a resource in which to post new zones once they are finalized

3) Keep track of ZAs and which zones they are currently handling

The sooner we have this, the better off we will be, and I think that having people getting started on zones now is also a good idea because, well, we need zones for people to adventure in!
Makes sense, but I don't wanna be the one to do it bc I'm not quite sure everything that needs to go into it and I'd like to know what zones are going to exist first before making the thread for it. Unless I have that mentally backwards. I dunno.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
Emi

Nah the idea of an icebox / management thread is that the zones are simply stored until someone wants to use them
Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 PM   #8
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

1a - Yeah, I'm cool with it.
1b - Depends on how mod elections go, honestly. If I'm elected, I probably would not want to be a ZA on top of taking on mod responsibilities, but I would happily serve as an updating assistant if there's an interesting zone or two that needs help. If I'm not elected, I'm going to be first in line. Who was the person talking about the Lovecraftian Zone with an Insanity Meter? I wanna get in on that.

2a - As long as we have a good mix of permanent, mini and temp, I'm fine with it.
2b - I don't know if it would be redundant with Phantom Isle, but a revival of the Haunted Mansion would be amazing. Otherwise, I'd actually prefer out with the old, in with the new! I want to see the community bring forth brand new ideas and implement them.
2c - I think an idea was tossed around for an excavation zone to find fossils, relics and whatnot... Also the Jirachi Shrine could be considered a "minizone" of sorts, with severely restricted entry.
2d - Seasonal zones would be fun, as long as we keep adventure lengths short and sweet. Ideally, we'd also make sure that these seasonal zones are adequately staffed - I think past zones/events like this have been manned by one or two mods, and that's a lot of work for two people if you have the entire community posting.

3 - I guess it goes without saying that I support this idea. I also like Emi's Zone Management Thread idea.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #9
myahoo
Soul Badge

2a - These are pretty good classifications for them, so, like ME said, as long as we have a good mix of them, we should be fine, I think.

2b - I know people have said they want to keep Cloud Garden and Phantom Isle or Haunted Mansion. I think someone also said Cascadia and Riveria or Whale Island too? Whatever people are willing to admin for, I guess.

2c - The Evolution Zone should probably stick around and the Dream World too, if that counts as a Minizone. Otherwise, as long as it does something that's better off in its own zone, I don't see why they shouldn't be created.

2d - Seasonal zones sound pretty cool and, if there's a restricted timeframe for intros, they might even be successful. Assuming most of the adventures are Quick or Normal.

If they're Campaigns, though, man, I'd love to actually participate in one that finishes.

3 - I support use of this! I'm actually already starting to use it, with regards to adventures, so...yeah.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:34 AM   #10
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
ALL IN FAVOUR OF CTHULU ZONE SAY "AYE"

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:39 AM   #11
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
ALL IN FAVOUR OF CTHULU ZONE SAY "AYE"
No, no, no. Not "Aye".

All in favor, say "Iä! Iä!"

Iä! Iä!

Anyway... Emi apparently was the one who suggested this zone, and I'm hoping to see it get developed (I will assist if she'll have me). This is exactly the kind of insane thing that would fill my dark, twisted heart with joy.

Should we start working on implementing the zone management thread with the current/archived zones in FB?
Old 05-01-2017, 06:11 PM   #12
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Sorry for the double post, but -

What say you all to proposing a deadline for the Zone Proposal Thread (possibly two weeks from now? 5/15?) and then putting the zones up for community vote in the categories of temporary/permanent/seasonal?

Also, how many zones do you think we should implement initially? My thinking was:

- 5 new permanent zones
- 1 new free-for-all style zone (if Bedlam Ridge is upgraded to permanent - this is in addition to the FFAZ)
- 1 new Seasonal Zone, to be rotated out in the Fall.

Obviously, the Zone Proposal Thread would reopen as need arises, but I'd like to get things moving on zones, if at all possible.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #13
Toyo
hail

Personally, 5+seasonal+FFAx2+minizones that are necessary might be excessive and hard on the current updating population of FB. Could we maybe bring the amount of permanent zones down to 3?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:05 PM   #14
Emi

I think that we should make a poll of interest with people who believe that can be ZAs or ZUs now or in the near future before we start discussing hard limits. Hard limits are best discussed with numbers involved in my opinion.

I would be willing to do this tomorrow as well.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:52 AM   #15
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I think it was discussed on Discord at some point about how to handle this the best. A semi-agreement seemed to be that we need to look for potential ZAs at the same time as polling the community's preference for the proposed zones. It would make it a lot easier and quicker to cross-reference what our options are. If we do it one at a time we run the risk of approving zones no one wants to ZA or approving ZAs who don't want to run any of the approved zones. (Mostly I just like it because it's quicker and simpler.) So I agree with Emi's sentiment that we need to have a ZA application thread some time soon.

Deadline:
15/5 sounds too far off personally. I think we can start the ZA application this week and start discussion on ZA-Zone combos on 10/5. People have been waiting quite a while for some new zones and by now most have taken the time to consider becoming a ZA or construct a zone.

Zone amounts.
I'm going to be discounting mini-zones (please don't ask why).
In addition to the FFAZ I think we can have about 5-6 zones as a start, which would include Bedlam and the Seasonal Zone if we have one.

As for the old zones:
only PI and Cortoza appear to be continued but only to finish off the adventures currently there. I'm considering them special cases that are run alongside whatever number of zones we want. If either of them are to be picked up and continued thereafter however, I would count them towards one of the 5 permanent zones we initially set up.

Mind you, I'm in favour of having 5 zones as a start. We can always add on new zones once it's deemed we have the resources and interest for it.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-02-2017 at 04:10 PM.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development