UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #6076
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Gargantia's girls have always looked fat to me. I've think I've brought it up before, but that's a big part of the reason I don't like that art style. The artist is also a hentai artist, so if there's a stereotype that hentai tends to portray people as thicker, the foundation for my distaste is there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeney
Um yeah what, those legs ain't fat l0l. Now I feel like digging through my folder and showing my idea of perfect legs ... might even be something a little thicker and stronger looking than those.

To me though, that is a super-model's frame, and a lot of anime girls tend to have similar super-model style figures (although Ginrei's athleticism also shows in, there, which other girls don't have). I have yet to see a middle ground between "fat" (Gargantia) and "super model" however, especially one that isn't skeletal like what kaisap is talking about.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #6077
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Reminder to self: Don't click Talons NSFW Links. :P

Yeah no those girls don't have fat legs at all. Slightly porky for anime characters maybe, but not fat by Human Being standards. There were certain angles of Super Sonico that made her legs look thrice as fat as they actually were, no exaggeration. Especially in the Lower-Body 'Please pay attention to my arse' camera shots where the only thing I could pay attention to was her arse because it took up half of the screen (Not even kidding).
Old 01-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #6078
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Reminder to self: Don't click Talons NSFW Links. :P
Aww, you'll miss out on good stuff if you do that. (Obligatory link to the Wakaba Marriage thread.) Not all NSFW links are created equal! But yeah, that was an especially NSFW case. lol

I very much doubt I'm going to find a whale when I get around to watching Super Sonico the Animation Episode 01, but she's certainly been a character who fans of plump girls have loved for many years. (At least in the ero scene.)

I can't believe Doppel insists that the Gargantia girls are fat. Saaya comes closest and even she isn't fat. A tad chubby, sure, and very well-developed up top, but otherwise a normal girl. The others are all normal (Bellows, Ridget) or skinny (Amy, Melty). If you want a fat girl in anime -- not morbidly obese, just regular fat -- the one that always comes to my mind is that one brunette from Real Drive, a series that came out in the mid-2000s. Minamo, Google reveals her name is. And even she wasn't that fat -- the fan artists just went to town with her because anime is so starved of girls with a bit of fat on their bodies outside of the breasts and buttocks.

Speaking of Real Drive, my Google searches led me to Tumblr which in turn led me to this:
"I love the actually realistic girls in Real Drive. Some people call them “chubby” but I think they look great and super attractive. I’m a guy and it makes me really happy to see these thick and fertile girls appear in anime. Japan does a much better job than America now!"
You see my point. Fans on both sides of the Pacific will often make mountainous women out of mole hill girls because it's so, so rare to see a fat main character who is female and portrayed as attractive inside, outside, or both. I think this guy got a little too excited with the "fertile" bit ^^;, but you should appreciate the sincerity in his words.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 PM   #6079
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Maybe my beef is chubby. I dunno, it's weird. I'm still having trouble identifying what art style I like the best. According to research conducted by BPK and I, apparently I like souless, generic art!

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji

Good news - the little sister route is much, much better than the Honoka route. There's a character panorama, some noticeable development (except the arbitrary decision to start banging the sister) and the H scenes are less obnoxiously bland. There's actually a bit of personality to them to the point where I have go go...gasp, it wasn't a pain to read. Not exactly enjoyable, but I didn't feel like my eyelids were being ripped out.

Bad news...I think I've ID'd Hiyori's CV, and it's Hiroko Taguchi (who also voices Kohaku). Meaning, I've got a bad feeling Kohaku = Hiyori. If that's true, even if it dips into the supernatural element of the story, it contradicts the theme and message of the other two routes - moving on from the dead is what the living must do to affirm they're alive.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-07-2014, 12:12 AM   #6080
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Actually I can't recall any character with canon big legs. What about Sena from Boku Tomodachi blah blah blah? I remember seeing a doujin about the meat in her lower half, and oh lord it was excellent. Is she like that in anime, or was it just the artist's choice in the matter? I do recall the artist saying "I wanted to make a doujin where Sena's meat is drawn realistically.".

MORE NEW SHOWS!

Space Dandy
This show wasn't surprising to me, but it also wasn't bad. Yes, the show was dumb and not very funny, but I still enjoyed it. Because even though it lacked in story and humor, it was cool and weird as hell. It's a nice show to chill out to, smoke a fatty, and throw rocks at the cats.

Noragami
Oh boy, a Bleach-like premise. Watch this turn out like fucking Kyoukai no Kanata....what? This was actually good?! OH GREAT HOLY JESUS WHAT A SURPRISE! I actually enjoyed the first episode quite a bit, and it's my favorite new show so far. Another surprise is that after seeing it, I looked up who animated it and IT WASN'T SHAFT. Everything about it screams SHAFT, but it wasn't them. Their golden boy voiced the main guy, there was trippy animation, and we had some gestures used quite a bit in some of SHAFT's past shows. Ahem, onto why I liked it. Honestly, I mostly just liked the characters and interactions between them so far. I still don't have a full grasp of the plot yet, but good lord it was fun. Let's hope nothing comes by and ruins the fun I am having with this show.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:02 AM   #6081
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Space Dandy
This show wasn't surprising to me, but it also wasn't bad. Yes, the show was dumb and not very funny, but I still enjoyed it. Because even though it lacked in story and humor, it was cool and weird as hell. It's a nice show to chill out to, smoke a fatty, and throw rocks at the cats.
Whereabouts did you watch it? I can't use FUNimation because of licensing restrictions and I don't want to watch the Dubbed episode because I don't want to get a different perspective of the characters voices, but I can't find the sub anywhere.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #6082
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just torrented it. I'm pretty sure the subbed torrent released a day after it aired on Toonami.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #6083
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Gargantia's girls have always looked fat to me.
You could say they're... Gargantian? *shot*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #6084
McSweeney
Soul Badge

ON THE SUBJECT OF LEGS:

I was indeed mirin that chick's legs in Giant Robo, but heels + qipao always help. I'm open to different sizes as long as they aren't fat or stick thin.

Kyou is an athletic girl, and her legs look thicker and more powerful than the average girl's, wouldn't you say?

CC is renowned for her world famous ass, but check out her legs in this pic. You see how her right leg has some hamstring definition on the back side? That is so sexy! They look so much better than Kallen's chicken legs (I only think she's hot in her bunny outfit).

As for overall body type, This chick has good thickness, but I'd like some more lines and definition.

Chick from an ancient h-game. These are probably the best legs I've ever seen. She has nice calves ...

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #6085
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

> Legs

And then you have Steins;Gate stick figure girls with thighs the width of rolling pins.

---

Right, continuing with Winter shows:

Noragami: Ha. I quite like this. Its really light-hearted but it has some sort of Dark background to it, but it makes for an interesting blend of Comedy and action. Yato and Hiyori are already really likeable, especially Yato. Well animated, decently drawn, great opening theme, etc. I mean there isn't anything standout that would make me want to rate this show especially highly, but I enjoyed the episode nonetheless. Will be keeping up with this; if episode 2 is particularly good I might think about making a thread.

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta: Was decent, but very very typical and samey. But the introdiction and the little narration at the end has me interested to see just what might go on, so I think I'll stick with this. It has a lot of potential to get better, but I won't get my hopes up just yet!

Space Dandy: Already love Dandy because Bum > Boobs.
Yeah, I like this kind of humour a lot. I mean, the diner called 'Boobies' was pretty stupid but I dunno. Somebody once said "If you can describe it, it ain't funky." This show is pure funk. Totally my kind of thing, in a strange sort of way. Looks really great as well, really well animated with a sort of new retro artstyle. I could happily watch an episode of this every week and not get bored of it.

Now to just wait for Wake Up, Girls! and Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha and I think my winter show choices will be done. The only other I might watch is Wizard Barristers purely because the PV looked nice. Everything else looks a bit crappy, to me.

Last edited by Midgeorge; 01-07-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #6086
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Gintama: Haven't watched this in forever, but I saw that a movie named Gintama the Movie: The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya (or, in my case, Eternal Glory to the Odd Jobs) had come out. So I decided to look into it since I recognized that this was very probably the movie which the Gintama Enchousen anime kept hinting at before it unceremoniously went off the air.

The movie has been so good I haven't been able to watch more than ten to twenty minutes of it at a time. It won't have the same effect on anyone who hasn't seen much of Gintama before, but if you've seen as much as I have (the first 80 episodes of the original, the first 80% or so of Gintama', and the entirety of Gintama Enchousen that was new), then this is one hell of a grand sendoff to the franchise. It incorporates some of the most popular ideas or elements from the previous 200+ episodes and reinvents them in a way that makes the final product feel like one hell of a shiny capstone to this decade-old franchise. I don't want to give anything away. If you know you like Gintama, then you should seriously check this movie out. I would place it right on up there with the Kintama story arc, it's that good. Right now I'm paused at 1h09m39s, so I've still got another 40 minutes or so to go before I'm done. But man oh man has this been great.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #6087
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So, I still haven't finished all of my Summer 2013 series nor have I caught up on the tabled Fall 2013 series ... but I decided to go ahead and give one or two Winter 2014 series a peek. I'm seven minutes into this first one and will go ahead and say something about it.

Nobunaga the Fool: from what I can tell, the series is another one of those alternate histories of the Warring States period of Japanese history. But what makes this one stand out is that it appears to be a love story that transcends space, time ... and gender. O_o

On the one hand, you have Joan of Arc in France. On the other hand, you have Oda Nobunaga in Japan. What happens in the opening scene of the episode is this: as Joan is being burned alive, she asks to see a certain god (not the Catholic God? ) one last time. She suddenly sees a vision of Oda Nobunaga when he was younger. Meanwhile, we cut to the day of Oda Nobunaga's death, over a hundred years later and thousands of miles away. As the temple of Honnouji is burning to the ground, Mori Ranmaru reports in to Oda Nobunaga, telling him of Akechi Mitsuhide's betrayal. What then happens is ... Nobunaga peers into Ranmaru's face and beholds Joan of Arc. Ranmaru seems to almost transform into Joan before Nobunaga's very eyes. It's pretty strange.

And then? And then they both wake up. Joan wakes up in an attic bed in France. "That dream again ..." And Oda meanwhile wakes up in a forest, still quite young, his equally-young retainer Akechi Mitsuhide by his side. "I saw that dream again ... the one where you betray me."

That's the opening premise of the story. On the one hand, it sounds kind of cool. On the other, it sounds kind of weird. And on the third, it sounds kind of lol homophobic. Because here's the thing: Mori Ranmaru was Oda Nobunaga's page, and in this time period it was not uncommon for a lord and vassal to engage in homosexual acts. Specifically, the relationship between Nobunaga and Ranmaru is one of the most famous historical cases of an older male lord and his younger male page being homosexual lovers. So this anime basically asks the question, "What if Mori Ranmaru had actually been a girl instead of a guy?" and then answers it by transposing Joan of Arc into Mori Ranmaru's body. So if you're a straight male viewer, you're probably like "FUCK YEAH! God bless historical fiction!" but if you're a gay viewer I imagine you might almost be offended by this story's premise. ^^; "So you're saying it's okay for Nobunaga to love Mori so long as he's a hot French blonde with D-cup breasts but it's eww gross if he's a dude? " But maybe I'm looking for fire where there is none. Maybe gay fans will find this anime just as entertaining or just as dull as straight fans will. No idea.

Seven minutes in, I feel like dropping the show. The good hasn't outweighed the bad or the just plain weird yet. (For example, Takeda Shingen's army has just been revealed to have giant anthropomorphic mech warriors. :\) But I've decided to give the entire episode a chance. It might prove to be something special before all is said and done. I mean ... I have to admit that the very concept of "the love story of Oda Nobunaga and Joan of Arc" is so weird, given how these two never met and were worlds apart in both time and space, that I'm kinda intrigued to see what the author has planned.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #6088
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
"So you're saying it's okay for Nobunaga to love Mori so long as he's a hot French blonde with D-cup breasts but it's eww gross if he's a dude? "
This is probably the most bizarre thing I've read all week. Joan had problems menstruating, her hormones were way out of whack. No way is she carrying a pair of penitent nuns beneath her plate armour.

Quote:
I have to admit that the very concept of "the love story of Oda Nobunaga and Joan of Arc" is so weird, given how these two never met and were worlds apart in both time and space, that I'm kinda intrigued to see what the author has planned.
Almost like Bill Cosby and Hitler!

I've got a pretty strong desire to watch this now, I hope it's sufficiently animated to distract from the crazy.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #6089
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Nobunaga the Fool: Paused eleven minutes in now. We just met Merlin Leonardo da Vinci who apparently serves King Arthur and has sought out Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc -- yes, that's right, her middle name is now Kaguya -- for reasons I know not yet. Also, this is pretty clearly an alternate world to ours and not just an alternate timeline: the "horses" are giant snails that can hover over the ground like pod racers in Star Wars Episode 1, the "pigs" have long, droopy tails that look sort of like a cross between a dog's and a beaver's, and human beings like Nobunaga's vassal Saru are able to run as fast as horses.

But seriously, what is this weird series where Joan of Arc has visions of Oda Nobunaga and is approached by Leonarda da Vinci in the employ of King Arthur? It's like someone played Fate/stay night and said, "I wanna write a story with lots of different historical figures all gathered onto one stage! "

Normally I would spoiler tag everything I've written, but I think it's important to share this material outside of the box so that people can more correctly decide whether they want to pick this one up or not. Don't worry: I won't spoil any of the rest of the episode.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #6090
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Seeing all these anime with "Sengoku" and "Nobunaga" in the title the past few years is kind of annoying. I didn't touch it because of that.

New shows! It's what's for breakfast!

Robot Girls Z
A giant Mazinger parody show. I wasn't crazy about it. It seemed like it could be funny, but it's mostly just a moe fanservice show that happens to be about Mazinger. The humor was overly hyperactive. I'll still watch it, but I'm not impressed with it. Though for a couple of positives, I liked Baron Ashura and the art.

Hamatora
This is another neat show. The characters are appealing, the action is cool, and I like the basic setting. Though admittedly it kind of reminds me of Durarara. I didn't like this as much as Noragami, but I was smiling most of the first episode. Let's hope this show can keep it up.

Witch Craft Works
Cool! I have been thinking lately that I want a cute full-length anime about witches! I umm....I dropped it after watching the opening credits. It wasn't bad or anything, but I saw that "JC Staff" in the opening and I decided not to bother. I'm not wasting my time. I don't need anything else to tell me that this show will be bad. If someone goes on about how great it is, I might give it a chance, but otherwise, fuck JC Staff. Maybe we'll get a cute anime about witches sometime this year?

I've watched Chuunibyou too. I'll post that in the appropriate thread.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #6091
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Seeing all these anime with "Sengoku" and "Nobunaga" in the title the past few years is kind of annoying. I didn't touch it because of that.
Yeah, I noticed that too, especially for this season. And while I agree with you, the description I'd read about the show (little of which I have seen so far in the first episode ) was enough to make this one stand out above the rest.

For example, I will not be touching Nobunagun with a ten-foot pole after reading the basic premise on Wikipedia.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #6092
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Quote:
For example, I will not be touching Nobunagun with a ten-foot pole after reading the basic premise on Wikipedia.
I just watched that. As much as the latter half of the episode was really entertaining, I think thats about as good as its going to get. Its a really dumb premise, yes (although I think the premise for Nobunaga the Fool is even dumber), but it was entertaining to watch. Anyway, I might watch episode 2 just to see if it is actually any good, but I don't have high hopes for episode 2 being any better. Soundtrack is pretty good, and that ending song (which I assume is going to be the OP) was cool as fuck. Animation/Art/Voice Acting/Character Acting is pretty atrocious, however.

Probably won't watch Nobunaga the fool.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #6093
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

I'd like to see an Oda Nobunaga and Ranmaru love story anime, full on gay and everything.

And Nobunaga the Fool isn't even the first anime I've seen where the homophobes are pleased with "WELL HE'S ACTUALLY A GIRL SO IT'S ALL OKAY". Yeah, the roses and demons and emo demons in leather jackets anime I watched a while ago (UraBoku) had the main character be a female in a previous life who for some reason chose to be reincarnated as a male. I personally saw it as a coward move.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:45 AM   #6094
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Finished the first episode of Nobunaga the Fool. It was okay I guess. While I'm intrigued by the absurd notion of Oda Nobunaga and Joan of Arc falling in love, the production loses me with its clunky attempts at mimicking the most popular elements of FSN. Also ...

Spoiler: show
I've never been one for most mecha anime and this show seems to be no exception. I'm driven off by its "NOW IT'S SUPER ROBO TIME! " scene towards the end where Nobunaga activates the Lancelot Knightmare Frame über mecha that JUST SO MAGICALLY HAPPENED to be on board the same escape pod as the one Da Vinci and Joan took. And I'm not crazy about the "LOLOL Sengoku Japan except with MECHAS on the battlefield instead of ordinary guns and swords! " scenes either, like what we had with Takeda Shingen's attack on that one Oda fort.

I get the feeling that the characters are going to be about as deep (read: incredibly shallow) as the ones we had in Oda Nobuna no Yabou. I'm also super confused as to what's going on with the Mori Ranmaru / Jeanne Kaguya d'Arc duality. Is this an alternate reality that we springboarded into following on the opening scene of the anime? (And did the opening scene of the anime supposedly take place in our world?) Has Jeanne been reborn in this world in such a manner that she has overwritten Ranmaru's existence? Is she herself the same as the original Joan of Arc from our France, is she a genderbent Ranmaru, or is she possibly a mix of both? It's really unclear. Obviously a second episode would shed some light on this, but ...

... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not sure I'll be tuning in again. Certainly want to shop around more first, not to mention catch up on my Fall 2013 series, before I watch any more of this one, I wager.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:05 AM   #6095
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji
I finished this VN. It wasn't the waste of time I feared it would be. I mean it was still a bit lackluster, but I did enjoy some of the ending bits...until the ending itself atleast. Actually the final route was so god damn heartwarming. Alcot sure knows how to make heartwarming routes! It still doesn't compare to Ell's from My Girlfriend is the President, but it still ranks pretty high in HNNNG factor. Despite that though, the writing is by no means great. Most of the routes do a poor job of getting you emotionally attached to the characters, and the writers spend too much time on annoying sex jokes. Finally, the ending irritated me. Saying why would be a spoiler, and Doppel is almost finished himself, so I'll let him experience it. Overall, Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji gets a 6 from me. I wouldn't mind another VN that's linked to death like this, but written better. Here's to hoping something will come along.....or be translated.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #6096
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Pupa

I'm bearing bad news: Attack on Pupa has begun. The anime is....less than five minutes per episode (because censored versions). Apparently this isn't new information, but it certainly got lost when it took almost 10 months to get the show out after it was first announced.

I'll still be reading the manga, and probably watch the anime as it comes out, but I'm seriously disappointed. It seems Studio DEEN announced at some point that they ran out of time/resources after pouring it all into Meganebu (don't remember it? It was among the worst shit of the season, I'm not all that surprised.) so...*sigh*

Least we're still getting Gin no Saji 2 and Chuu-2 2 and Noragami. And sports animes continue!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #6097
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Shows! Shows! Oh lovely shows!

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
This seemed like a regular old moe anime, but I decided to watch it anyway. The first bad was actually pretty charming. I couldn't help but laugh when the main guy's little sister walked in the room and this one girl just started shouting "LOLI!", like she's shoving the girl's purpose in the show in the viewers' faces. The main guy's cool as well. He doesn't do much, but he's so damn chill. I hope this doesn't end up turning dull like Acchi Kocchi after a decent start.

Hozuki no Reitetsu
I saw "dark comedy" in the show description, and that's all it took to get me interested. Sadly there's hardly anything "dark" about the humor. Actually I question whether this is actually a comedy or not. It's just so god damn dull. I mean it had a very interesting take on Momotaro and his animal friends, but that was more neat than funny. I'll watch an episode or two, but if this is still boring, then I'll put the show down. This show has a very nice premise, but premise means nothing with poor execution!

Little Witch Academia
Oh my god! Remember my last post how I would like a cute anime about witches? THIS IS EXACTLY IT! Sadly it's only one 25 minute episode! What a pain! Though it was 25 minutes of excellent. This is what a witch anime should be like! Why must you tease me with a small taste?! Ahem, I really liked how this anime did the witch powers, with the magic powers and potions. I smiled like an idiot the entire episode. It was cute, funny, and the battles were cool as hell. This gets a 8.5 from me.

For what to do next, I think I'll rewatch Shimashita. I found the series on special, so I bought it!
Old 01-10-2014, 01:18 AM   #6098
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
For what to do next, I think I'll rewatch Shimashita. I found the series on special, so I bought it!
Whoa, I'm honestly surprised that that one made it over here given its niche appeal and the decline of anime DVD sales in North America. That's cool that you got it.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #6099
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Pupa:

So yeah. I watched this. Not much to say about it. Short, cheap, and lazy as kaisap indicated. Oh well. Guess it's a time-filler if I'm bored.

Gin no Saji S2:

I enjoyed the first episode. The sketch in the beginning made me smile, even though the punchline was pretty obvious. Though then it went into DRAMA which was kinda slow, and we still don't find out the resolution until next week(?), bah.

Neither the OP nor ED are as memorable this time, though the ED is kinda cute. Like the colorful art style.

Also may as well do the 2013 wrap-up review thing.

Best Animé: Monogatari S2.

Best Character: Mm... I'm gonna go with Makoto from Gingitsune. She was a refreshingly cute and realistic girl.

Biggest Surprise: Hm, SxS surprised me with how entertaining it was despite the boring-sounding premise, but I think the award goes to Magi S2. The first season left me so disappointed I wasn't expecting much, but the second has turned out to honestly be one of the most enjoyable series of the year for me.

Best Moment: Does discovering KagePro count? *shot* Oh, I know: The balloon hug from episode 11 of Watamote. <3

Biggest Letdown: I guess I'd have to say Little Busters! I know I shouldn't have expected much after all the reviews insisting the VN is better, but I still held out hope until the end...

Worst Show I Watched Until the End: Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge.

Worst Character: The PhotoKano MC.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:37 PM   #6100
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I don't think any more new shows will air, so I guess my last new show for the season!

Nisekoi
I doubt it'll be any good, but it seemed like a popular title, so I figured I'd see how bad it was. So far it's pretty bad. It's mostly generic harem romance stuff. Also the "search" was dumb as hell. Nisekoi episode 1 spoiler
Spoiler: show
It takes 11 days to search for a locket on the ground, when the main guy dropped it in one area? It makes perfect sense!
Also SHAFT isn't very kind to this title. Their overused dramatic poses and effects make some of the mundane things happening in the first episode seem irritatingly overdramatic. Despite my bitching, I'm not dropping it yet. I am still interested in what is going to happen. I wonder how long it'll take for me to get truly irritated and drop this show though?

So now that all of my new shows are picked up, a small summary!

Chuunibyou season 2: An example of milking dried up tits.
Hamatora: Cool action shows with interesting characters. Number two for me.
Hozuki no Reitetsu: Unfunny boring excuse of a comedy. Will probably drop soon.
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei: Typical moe show, but still funny and charming. Number 3 for me.
Nisekoi: Dumb harem romance. I have no hopes for it, but am still somewhat interested in what's going to happen.
Noragami: Great characters, nice action, and interesting plot/premise. Best show of the season imo.
Robot Girls Z: Overly hyperactive and fanservicey mecha parody show.
Space Dandy: All style but not much substance. I enjoy it, but I'll likely get bored of it when I get sick of the "style".
Super Sonico the Animation: Eyecandy with nothing else going for it.
Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta: Meh show altogether. It can turn interesting, but I doubt it will.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime