UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Victini The Tynamo Tryouts: It's a Poffin-Palooza!

In front of a rather conspicuous setup draped with soft cloth, two young men run through their lists and data for the umpteenth repetition. Their actions are not unnoticed; for quite some time there have been spectators hovering nearby, murmuring and pointing away as indicative of their piqued interest. A buzz of conversation hums around the props like an aura of aroma surrounding a bakery - indeed, for those olfactorily observant, the pleasant scent of freshly produced pastries seems to permeate the air. After some cross-referencing and communicating on his Pokétch, the young man in the red cape gives his colleague the thumbs-up signal. In reciprocation the bespectacled man grabs a nearby rope and tugs it hard, unable to conceal the briefly flashed expression of over-excitement (bordering on insanity), causing all the velvet material to cascade down in a massive flourish.

"Grrrreetings ladies, gentlemen, Trainers of all ages! The moment you've been waiting for has finally arrived, for today we debut an event sure to entertain and enthrall each and every one of you - I present to you the Tynamo Tryouts: Poffin-Palooza!

"Our competition today is going to be a treat for any self-respecting 'mon with an appetite, as it's going to be a free-for-all all-you-can-eat Poffin buffet! The race is on to see who can feast on the most Poffins possible within our time limit - to all you Nature-concerned Trainers, don't worry. We've arranged for a plethora of fulfilling flavours certain to sate even the pickiest of epicures. Weight-watchers need not be worried either, for these Poffins are baked with all-natural Berry juices and non-fattening batter. That's all of the taste, none of the calories or Feel! Yes, we keep those Contest-oriented Trainers in mind, too.

"Whoever wins today's tasty tournament walks away with this watt-filled whitebait (for a fee, of course). These species don't show up around often, being a rare sight even in their indigenous nests of Unova's Chargestone Cave - so we're expecting quite the turnout. Here's to the brave Trainers ready to step up to the plate and the Pokémon ready to chow down!"

Rules:
- A maximum of 8 participants will be permitted for this event. The event holder reserves the right to reject participants on a case-by-case basis to allow newcomers the chance to obtain Tynamo.

- Participants select 1 Pokémon to play. The aim is to eat as many Poffins as possible; the Pokémon who eats the most Poffins will win for their Trainer the eligibility to trade 3 Rare Candies for a Level 1 male Tynamo.

- Each stage (update), 10 RNG rolls will be used to determine a set of numbers representing progress. Participants select 3 numbers (range 1 to 10), each number representing a round, in that order.
e.g. It is currently Stage 1. A player may choose to select 5, 2 and 9 for Rounds 1 to 3.

- The competition will last for a total of 4 stages/updates, or a total of 12 rounds. The winner will be the Pokémon that makes the most total progress.

- Players may simply post numbers in advance, but roleplaying your experience is greatly encouraged. Roleplaying may add on boosts to your Pokémon's progress. Simply posting numbers will not negatively impact your Pokémon.

- A strict 96-hour time period will be adhered to. If a player fails to post within 96 hours of an update, their Pokémon will automatically assigned the worst possible RNG results for the following update (i.e. make the least possible progress).

- Certain Pokémon species may be given an innate boost to progress; each round, they have a slight chance of receiving a boost in progress, in addition to their RNG roll. Aside from this, evolution, level and PokéDex characteristics will not have an advantage.

Other Rules:

Attacking
- Participants may order their Pokémon to use an attack, skipping a round in order to pull off the move.
e.g. During Stage 3, a player may choose to use an attack (targeting itself or another Pokémon) for Round 8, and select 4 and 10 for the remaining rounds.

- During the specified Round, the Pokémon will use the attack within reason and have the appropriate effect, at the cost of missing progress for that round. For instance, using a healing or boost attack may have a temporary boost on that Pokémon's future progress, while using an attack on other Pokémon may inhibit their future progress or nullify their progress in a Round.

- Note that using stronger attacks (e.g. Fire Blast over Ember) may have a higher chance of inflicting effects on opponents, but also have a higher chance of failing, and may even make the user lose out on multiple rounds of progress instead of one.

- Attacking can only done once per stage/update, and cannot be done during the same stage as Cheering.

Cheering
- Participants may cheer their Pokémon on at no penalty, in order to encourage them to do better. Cheering is done by selecting a specific round during a Stage.
e.g. During Stage 2, a player may select numbers 1, 2 and 6 for Rounds 4 to 6, choosing to cheer during Round 5.

- Cheering will not only increase the amount of progress the Pokémon makes during that round, but will also reduce the negative effects of attacks inflicted on them, if any.

- Cheering must be accompanied by roleplay. Not roleplaying your Cheering will not only nullify its benefits but may even inhibit your Pokémon's progress for the chosen Round due to demoralising.

- Cheering cannot be done if a participant's Pokémon is currently in 1st or 2nd place.

- Cheering can only be done once per stage, and cannot be done if Cheering was done during a previous stage. Cheering cannot be done during the 1st Stage.
e.g. A participant that Cheered their Pokémon on during Stage 2 (Rounds 4 to 6) cannot perform Cheering for Round 3 (Rounds 7 to 9).

Opening Rules:
- Entry for the Tynamo Tryouts: Poffin-Palooza will end when a total of 8 eligible participants have been gathered. Please remember that initial interest will take precedence over determining eligibility. Please bear in mind giving less affluent members a chance before joining.

- Questions may be asked until confirmation of the above 8 participants.

Spoiler: show
Amidst the ensuing hubbub the scientist-esque Trainer beckons to his fellow organiser. "Hey, Stark. Any idea what this means? Found it next to the Poffins." The caped man peers at the object in question: a small piece of notepaper, with the words "It's Not Considered Moofin, If It Isn't Made Kuchen!" neatly printed on it.

"...No, Shadow, I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea."

"Well, I'm sure this won't come back to haunt us at some point in the immediate future..."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
The Tynamo... he calls to me...

: *gnashes his jaws and grins hungrily*

Oh hey Ez! So you want to give it a shot?

: *walks toward the Tynamo while drooling*

Ack, no, he's not for eating! *scoops up Ezreal* Look, there'll be Poffins you can eat! See over there?

: *looks at the Poffins and drools again*

Yeah, that's what you want! Well, I guess Ezreal and I are signing up for this, especially if it's for a cute, little Tynamo! =3

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:35 AM   #3
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
"Yeah! An All-You-Can-Eat-Buffet!" The trainer stepped forward to marvel at the platters of delicious poffins set up, only to be disappointed when taking a closer look.
"Ah," he said with dismay. "It's Pokémon food."
It is at this point that he notices the instructions for the Poffin-eating contest. "Well since we're here we might as well. I mean look, this place is practically deserted safe for the one trainer with a Trapinch." Moving around to look at his competitor, 3 Pokémon can be seen by this young man whose interest in the Poffins don't even come close to that of their trainer.
"So?" he asks. "Which one of you wants a free meal?"
The Ralts is the first to respond as he clenched his stomach in an effort to make it clear that he doesn't feel up to it before walking towards a corner to sit himself out, propping himself up against the wall.
Electronic buzzing could be heard. Happy static buzzing as the Magnemite danced around his trainer attempting to say "Pick me! Pick me!"
"Sorry Wattson, but..." The trainer didn't want to hurt the inorganic Pokémon's feelings but... "Wattson," he said. "You don't have a mouth..."
The electronic whirring ceased and the Magnemite stopped dancing mid-air. A slight whine could be heard that slowly grew louder, like a broken microphone of which the volume button was currently stuck. The Magnemite's wailing continued while he hovered over to the Ralts in the corner, looking for comfort. The Feeling Pokémon naturally felt for the hovering metal ball with emotional issues.
Trying to ignore his magnet-problems as best as he could, Lucas focussed his attention on his last resort.
"Well Kong, I guess you're left. You are the best option after all." He picked up the Sloth Pokémon who has so far been quiet and very attentive to his trainer. "After all, all you do is eat and-"
"Zzzzzz."
The trainer was suddenly interrupted by another loud whine though this one had a repetition to replace it's obnoxious buzzing every now and then for some even more obnoxious gurgling.
"-sleep," the trainer finished. His quiet and seemingly attentive sloth Pokémon was, to no one's surprise except his own, asleep and had completely missed out on what his trainer had signed himself up for.
'So much for that'...

Signing up Kong, the Slakoth for the Poffin-Eating Contest.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #4
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi

A trainer and his Woobat an walked by outside all you can eat Poffin stand, wondering what in the blaze's was going on there. "Hey Blaze, what's with all the poffins? Has somebody cooked up a few too many of them and are giving them away?" "I don't know Remilia. Wait, look over there! There is a sign posted!" Blaze and Remilia walk over to the sign, looking down to see what it was about. "So, what is this all about, Blazey-kun?" "Well, it seems that someone had hatched a Tynamo from the Egg House, and a lot of people were interested in the little guy, but the owner of didn't want to give him just in a trade. He wanted to find another way to give the Tynamo to people who would want it." "So, Blaze, what's a Tynamo?" Blaze opened up his Pokedex, clicked around on the keypad until the page for Tynamo came up.

Quote:
Tynamo, the EleFish Pokemon

One alone can emit only a trickle of electricity, so a group of them gathers to unleash a powerful electric shock.
"So that's a Tynamo? I have no idea why anyone would want one of those weaklings, when they could have a nice strong Pokemon for themselves." "Well, Remilia, Tynamo do evolve into this monster right here. He is actually one of my favorite Electric-types, but I don't let a lot of people know that see?" Blaze then clicked the arrows on the Pokedex twice, till a picture of an Eelektross.

Quote:
Eelektross, the EleFish Pokemon

It latches onto prey with its sucker mouth, sinking its fangs and shocking the prey with powerful electricty.
"Hey Blazey-kun, that sounds awesome! Can we get this little fella so I can make it my loyal pet!?" "Remilia, I don't think an Eelektross is likely to be taking orders from you. It would probably try to eat you first." "Eat me!? Let it try. It will get a bite back that's for sure!" "I think you forget sometimes what you are!" "So, are you going to get it? Or at least try to get it for me!?" "Sure, why not. But this is a poffin eating contest, and its something you aren't likely to do well in." "True. I hate the taste of those damnable things and I don't eat a lot anyways. Do you know anyone who could do it?" "Do we even have any heavy eaters?" "What if he doesn't have to eat them?" "Remilia, who are you talking about?" "Veusvius! He is made out of molten lava!" "Remilia, that's cheating!" "Nuuuuuuu. It using an advantage that we have to our favor! There is nothing wrong with that!" "Well, I think its wrong, so let's find somebody else to do it." "How about Marche? He's a big hulking fellow. He must eat a lot." "True....." "What's wrong?" "It's just...." "Why haven't we met? I've seen his picture but we've never met once." "I don't think he will trust you, that is all." "Why not, I'm a good person." "I know you are, its just he might be on guard if he finds out you are a vampire." "Oh, yeah, the whole Paladin thing." "So, can we keep it a secret?" "Sure, of course we can. That's what we agreed to at the Nightclub!" "Okay, then I'll bring him out." Blaze produced a Pokeball from his bag, and etched onto it was the word "MARCHE." He had done this when he was just a kid and had gotten his Geodude, and every time Blaze picked up this Pokeball he remembered about all the good times they had together.

"Marche, come on out!" The Pokeball opened and a Graveler came out of it, looking around to see where he was. "Hey blaze, what's up?" "Not much, are you hungry?" "Hungry? Sure." "There is a poffin eating contest in order to win a Tynamo. I want to join in and you seem like the one who could eat the most, Marche." Remila said. Marche looked at her with suspicious eyes, but soon eased up. Some people could tell that there was something different with her, but it seems that that is more apparent when she is a human.....vampire. "Nice to meet you?" Marche asked quizzically. "My name is Remilia. Remilia Scarlet. It is nice to meet you." "Hello Remilia, my name is Marche. Are you a new Pokemon of Blaze's?" "Yep, I am. Blazey-kun is awfully nice to me." "Blazey-kun?" Marche says as he turns his head towards me. "Oh...it's nothing. Anyways, are you in for it!" "Of course I am! Let's go!"

Signing up Marche, the Graveler, for the Poffin Eating contest
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Away from the hustle and bustle, a trainer sat, checking his inventory. While he hadn't acquired much in his short journey, he was still able to maintain his PokéBalls and fishing equipment to make sure that it was presentable. With each of his capture devices polished, Dave thought briefly about how it would be nice to have some of the custom PokéBalls he'd heard of, to make his Pokémon feel more at home. But nothing to do about that now. Fishing into his bag, he retrieved a small, cylindrical item, and with a flick of his wrist extended the fishing rod from its collapsed state. A Trapinch by his side watched with mild interest, before turning his gaze on the collection of Bug-type themed lures nearby.

"They're not for you." the human muttered, causing Rincewind to click with disappointment. Dave patted the insect on the head, before getting to work on polishing the rod. He didn't notice the approaching Pokémon until it was near his head, at which point it let out a small squeak, causing him to look around. "Hello Gytha! Having fun?" The Hoppip beamed in reply, as she always did. Gytha was a perpetual source of happiness and optimism in a team otherwise littered with psychopaths, PTSD-sufferers, and personifications of Death. Twirling her leaves as part of her means of staying airborne, the Grass-type let out a few more squeaks, gesturing behind her to a gathering of people.

"Huh? What is it my dear?" the fisherman asked, absent-mindedly as he continued cleaning his gear. The Hoppip pointed again, squeaking a bit more excitedly. Rincewind raised his head, his interest piqued, and he clicked in response before nudging his trainer. "What? What's got you two riled up?" Dave finally seemed to notice something was up. "Is there something going on over there?" Cue more melodic squeaking from Gytha and a grating clicking from the Trapinch as the trainer glanced over at the group of people. "Eh... I'll check it out later." Then Rincewind bit him on the ankle.

"Ow! Hey, what was that for?" The Ground-type bit him again. Of course, he wasn't using anywhere near his full jaw strength, just enough of a pinch to get the human moving. "Alright, alright, I'm moving!" Dave replied, hurriedly scrambling to his feet and packing his gear into his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. Wincing slightly at the sensation in his leg, he ambled over to the group of people. Gytha giggling slightly as she drifted after him, while Rincewind quickly climbed up his leg and onto his shoulder, his preferred perch.

Arriving at the edge of the crowd, Dave looked around to see what was causing all the commotion. "Some sort of Poffin-eating contest? For Pokémon? You want to enter or something, Gytha?" The Hoppip shook her head, instead pointing toward the prize for first place. Suddenly, the fisherman realised why the Grass-type had been trying to encourage him over here. "A Tynamo? No way!" he exclaimed, his eyes lighting up as he beheld the rare EleFish. He knew about the line, but not much. Only that they were capable of living outside of water and made their home in an electrically-charged cave deep in the Unova region.

"Well, I'm definitely entering that." he confirmed. "But... who to choose?" There were three real choices amongst his team. He glanced at the first one, but Rincewind was already on edge around so many people, starting to retreat into the neck of his shirt. No way he'd be able to hold his appetite. A second was his fellow large-jawed Ground-type, but Rhys had a tendency to stay underground at all times, so that ruled the Sandile out, leaving him with only one option. He pulled out a PokéBall, staring at it intently. Rincewind backed further into his top, whilst Gytha moved back behind her trainer as well, sensing what was in the device. "I know, I know. He's still untamed and savage. But right now, I need a little ruthlessness. To catch a fish, I need to use a fish. Sam, come on out!"

A burst of light spilled from the orb, coalescing into a round shape with jagged protrusions. As the light faded, it revealed a blue and red creature, with a mouth taking up most of its face. Fierce eyes looked about as the fish realised that it was very much out of water, and started to thrash about. Quickly, Dave pulled a couple of thick gloves from his pack, and gingerly picked up the struggling Dark-type, protecting himself from his Rough Skin. "Don't panic, Sam, you're safe." he assured his Pokémon, though that didn't stop Sam from trying to break free of his grip.

"Look, we're entering a Poffin-eating contest, and I can't think of anyone who can tear through food like you can with those teeth. Come on, want to be part of the team and help out?" he asked. The fish stopped his struggling, allowing Dave to turn him around in order to see the proposed banquet. Sam's eyes widened slightly at the sight of all the food, but quickly narrowed again, this time in determination. A grunt escaped his mouth as the agreed. "Alright! Thanks so much Sam, I'll make this worth your while!" Dave almost went to hug the piranha, but quickly remembered his Ability and stopped short. Instead, he made his way to the front of the queue, where registration was taking place.

"Hi, I'd like to sign for the Poffin-eating Contest with Sam, my Carvanha."
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

As soon as El caught sight of what was going on, her mind was made. A little fishie friend! How could she possibly resist? Though she really wasn't sure which of her friends she would choose, that had never stopped her before. She was bad with impulse decisions.

Once she made her choice, choice here meaning the first pokéball she grabbed, El began concentrating on her second course of action. Though she held all her friends in high regard, she knew it was bad form to get her hopes up. Doing so only really ended in tears. Or chocolate coated mushrooms, one of the two.

"Bi?"

El was brought back to reality by Michelle, the little Bidoof quite confused as to why she'd been called out in the middle of a crowded square. "Oh!" El exclaimed softly. "Are you up for a little competition?"

As soon as the word 'competition' left El's mouth, a horrible, shrill cry filled the area. A burst of rainbow light emerged from the young lass' bag and took the form of of a very angry Eevee.

"I am OFFENDED!" She cried, though El had no idea what the pokémon was saying beyond it being rather loud. "You think that overweight rodent stands a chance in any sort of chance in any sort of contest? There's a reason people do not use her kind, you know! Where as I am the perfect contender. I shall crush their wills so that I may dominate in all fields of contest! I SHALL REIGN OVER ALL! I WILL NOT REST UNTIL ALL LANDS ARE UNDER MY CONTROL!

"You do realise she just signed up that bug of hers while you were ranting, right Lucy?" Michelle said bluntly.

"WHAT!?" Lucy stared in horror at the Scyther standing beside El by the registration counter.

"Makes sense really, it is an eating contest. You know what he's like with food."

"I hate you all."

"Alright!" The two normal-types jumped at the sudden sound of their trainer's voice. "You two ready to be cheerleaders."

"I'm game!"

"I hate you, human."

"Great!" El beamed, completely unaware of (or at least purposely ignoring) her Eevee's contempt.

Signing up Spirit the Scyther for the Poffin eating contest.
Lass El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Don't have time to rp this post but, whatever.

Signing up Dusty the Trapinch for the Poffin-Palooza!
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

Arg really wanted to RP this but, well sickness and lack of time happened.

signing up Dodi the Doduo for the Poffin-Palooza! (twice the heads twice the poffins right? ;D

Let's get you a snack and get another electric fish-thing!
Lightpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Walking down the street of the city he was lingering in where this bakery was, a young bespectacled trainer noticed a small crowd forming around the shop. He'd walked up in a good time to hear the announcement; a poffin-eating contest? With free admission? And a chance to win a rare Tynamo?!

"Oh woah... I have to try this out! But who can I depend on to have the biggest appetite..."

He pondered over his squad. Penelope was a straight-out no; she was far too dignified to stuff her face with as many poffins as possible. Zapz certainly had the appetite to eat a whole load of the bready treats - but his size could make it difficult. Terrance may be a good choice, but he was kinda slow... best go with the most hyperactive member of his team, probably.

Grabbing a standard pokeball from his belt, Dan tossed it into the air - and out popped the hyperactive Emolga, Sciuridae. The cheery flying pokemon soared into the air for a moment - but, smelling the delicious poffins close by, he descended towards them. Dan caught the squirrel before it could nab one.

"Now hold up just a second. You wanna join this eating contest? You can go to town on all the poffins you like, y'know." The Emolga's eyes lit up like stars, and he nodded his head furiously, lunging at the poffins again. Dan smiled, shaking his head at Sciuri's excitement, then walked up to the organisers of the event.

"Hey, I'd like to enter with my Emolga, Sciuridae. Thanks!"
JustAnotherUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Round 0: Bite is Might

"Welcome one and all to the Tynamo Tryouts! I'm your host for today, Shadow, and in case you've just joined us, these brave Trainers and their Pokémon are hungry for action to secure this little 'lectrifying guy into their ranks!" As the scientist speaks, the Tynamo in question flitters about the crowd and participants in a nearly-perfect sine wave, issuing little sparks of static as it happily circles the "arena".

"He's a feisty and excitable one, to be sure... but only one Trainer will be walking away with him today! Our participants are staring down their mountains of Poffins even as we speak... so without further ado, let's introduce them!

"With most of his face being his mouth and most of his body being his face, Ezrael the Trapinch is raring to chew through everything in his way despite his lack of apparent levelling. He's getting ready to render the mound ahead of him into crumbs! In fact, uh... I have to say, I'm not particularly comfortable with the way he's looking at me...

"Very often, Trainers are fooled by these drowsy-looking mammalians - but when they get motivated, Slakoth showcase incredible potential. Kong looks like he's rousing from his stupor, and... yes, he's getting to his feet! The fire's in his eyes! He's called on the ability to contain! Watch out, folks. I think we've got a gourmand on our hands!

"Our next contestant is one who can be described as the Old Guard of his team, Marche the Graveler. Rugged and round as he is, Graveler are one of a few Pokémon with two pairs of arms, and that may certainly work to Marche's advantage. Rocks might be the usual diet of these geologically borne Pokémon but a diet change is a small price to pay for a prospective ally!

"Encapsulated in our specially-designed Aquatic-Assisting Hoverfield is Sam the Carvanha, ready to aid the aquarium cause of his piscean-practioning Trainer. If you thought Trapinch was one menacing muncher you haven't seen these ferocious fish tear apart their prey underwater! Land? Sea? This savage swimmer's got it all under control!

"Making a somewhat unexpected appearance is Spirit the Scyther; not a species you'd expect in such a competition given how sharply driven these mantis creatures are. Spirit, I'm told, is a particularly gluttonous member of his family and certainly looks ready to slice and dice his way into victory. A chef and patron all in one!

"The voraciousness of Trapinch is clearly being banked on by multiple people today, as Dusty the Trapinch is put forth as another contestant. She's not a ton stronger than Ezrael before her but definitely no less enthusiastic and chomp-happy than her male counterpart. Could this be the beginning of a rivalry on our hands?

"They say to eat like a bird is to not eat a lot, but what if you ate like two birds? Dodi the Doduo is with us today to prove that two heads are, without a doubt, definitely better than one! Let's hope that renowned quirk of arguing heads doesn't kick in today because the stakes are raised considerably high!

"Last but definitely not least is Sciuridae the Emolga, and while he's admittedly a little lacking in the department of sharp, pointy and chompy body bits, one might argue that heart is the most important determining factor in any competition. Those cheek-pouches are going to be stretched to their limit today if he's going for the gold!

"Ladies and gentlemen, Trainers of all ages - are you hungry for action? Because I know these participants are! On my mark... start your stomachs!"

Round 1 Notes:

- Participants have 96 hours to choose 3 numbers from 1 to 10. Numbers may be repeated. Any post made after 16th August 2013, 8pm (GMT +8:00) will be ignored, and late participants will automatically be assigned the worst possible progress numbers.

- In mind of the above, you may post your numbers without roleplay to fall within the time limit.

- Participants may not cheer during this round.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

I think I'll pick 4, 7 and 9.

Dan placed Sciuridae down in front of his poffins - the last of eight contestants, it seemed. Thank goodness he'd signed up when he did! He gave his pokemon a pat on the back and a quick "Go get 'em!", and then walked back into the crowd, to the front of it this time. He noticed several other trainers looking at what were most likely their pokemon, willing them luck in the contest. That's when the MC walked out.

Looking out over the other pokemon that were taking part in the contest as they were introduced, Dan noticed a lot of them were mostly mouths - two Trapinch(es?) stood ready to tear through some poffins - or had more limbs to provide an advantage - most notably, the Graveller and Doduo that looked pretty hungry. That could end up being bad if they got an advantage...

Still, the trainer had faith in his pokemon - he knew the appetite the little fellow had, and by god was he going to use it. He fondly recalled one time the flying squirrel-like pokemon had cleared out all the apples on a tree - before any had even dropped. He smiled, fondly recalling the event - and then waited in anticipation for the start, crossing his fingers for luck, praying that Sciuri would do well out on the table - and on the "start your stomachs!" from the MC, Shadow, he watched as the Emolga began wolfing down Poffins.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

The competition looked to be fierce, for sure. Dave took his place alongside seven other trainers, each with their own entrant. It appeared that most people had followed his own train of thought, two other Trapinch amongst the combatants, making the fisherman even more glad that he'd left Rincewind out of the competition. No need to add peer pressure to the stress of a contest.

He was slightly surprised when the scientist organising the event whipped out a special device to allow Sam to move freely out of the water. Thanking Shadow, Dave placed the Carvanha within the Hoverfield, Sam flicking his fins eagerly as he revelled in the technology's power, as free as if he were in a pond. Shoving his protective gloves back into his pack, the trainer smiled as he saw the fish eye up the competition, chomping his jaws in anticipation.

With the Poffins being laid out before the entrants, Dave knelt down beside the Savage Pokémon as the MC introduced the different Pokémon competing for the price. "Go get 'em, buddy." he murmured, before straightening up and backing off. Sam grunted in reply, his eyes fixed on the Poffins - his target. Standing back, the trainer felt a reassuring pat on his shoulder, Gytha landing there with her smile now back in place. It was a comforting sight, for sure. As Shadow announced the start of the contest, Dave felt his own heart rate begin to increase. "Here goes nothing..."

Picking numbers 8, 4 and 3 for the first round.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

El and her two furry companions figured it would be in their best interest to keep their distance as Spirit eyed all the poffins in front of him. Or rather, El figured it would be a good idea and dragged Lucy back with her. Michelle was perfectly content to follow along and listen to the Eevee's rants. At that particular time she was mumbling about Durin Berries for no discernable reason, even as she desperately struggled against her trainer's hold.

"Run out of breath there Luce?"

"Shut up."

Meanwhile, Spirit was in far too much awe at the spread in front of him to pay much heed to anything else. He was aleady scanning his immediate area, making note of where all the bitter poffins were. No need for him to ruin a chance at a free meal by accidentally eating something he doesn't like, after all. Not that he would complain too much if he did accidentally eat one, there was plenty for him to wash away the taste with and in the end, food is food. If he was a more philosophical bug, he may ponder if he was a Snorlax in a past life. As a less philosophical bug, he didn't really care and was more than ready to take a chance to indulge.

Picking 10, 2 and 8 please!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

1st Round Numbers: 5, 1, 6

For a Trapinch, Ezreal wasn't born with a lot of intellect; he'd mostly been working off of instinct ever since he hatched. So far, it's served him pretty well as he'd been able to snare quite a few insects like Caterpie and Durant in his pit. He was even lucky enough to have a Pikachu tumble into his jaws about a month ago, and he enjoyed the Electric-type in particular. So, when he caught sight of the Tynamo sparkling with electricity, he took great interest in it and was more than ready to have it as a nice dessert after eating all the Poffins before him (and if he would just stop flying around and land somewhere for long enough, darnit!). The Poffins themselves he felt were going to be enjoyable too since he had been used to food presenting itself to him. It wouldn't struggle like the living meals he had before, but perhaps that was a good thing: he'd be able to chomp it down even faster. Besides, being a sedentary ambush predator, he often had to wait for weeks at a time for his next meal to turn up; needless to say, he had been building up an appetite these past few weeks...

He then looked at all the Pokemon around him, and a gleam in his eye showed as he caught sight of another Trapinch at the tables; the female of the species is usually the more voracious of the genders, but he'd certainly try to prove that theory wrong! Close by the other Trapinch were a Carvanha and a Scyther. He wondered briefly what fish Pokemon would taste like, but then again, when would a fish ever flop its way from some pool all the way over to his pit? (inb4 some stupid Magikarp) In any case, the piranha looked pretty ravenous herself, and the Scyther was definitely a Pokemon to watch out for; Scyther were too big to eat and from the looks of this one they could even turn the tables and make a meal out of him instead! There was a decent amount of competition here, and his crooked smile grinned further as he was getting more and more excited to start.

Hyrem had to hold Ezreal in place until the announcer signaled the start, otherwise he would be starting too early. Man, when it comes to food, nothing motivates him more... He had debated sending Amethyst out instead, but seeing his Trapinch gnash his jaws so much convinced him that this would be the best way to introduce one of his newer team members. When the signal was given, he only needed to let his hands release the antlion, and he was off and ready to chow down on the Poffins. Good luck, buddy, Hyrem thought as he wasn't allowed to cheer him on just yet. There's a Tynamo at stake here, so do your best!

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 08-13-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

"Come on Kong! Start eating! You can do it!" (Not cheering) The Slakoth merely scratched his head and looked left to right at his other contestants. "No Kong! Eat! You can eat 8 can't you? Or at least go for 2." The Sloth Pokémon just kept looking at his fellow contestant shifting his gaze from one to the next, showing little interest in eating. His gaze stopped when he looked at the bulkiest of the Pokémon, Marche the Graveler in an attempt to lock eye contact.

"Eat dam you!" his trainer sounding frustrated at him. The Sloth Pokémon merely yawned at the spectacle, mainly at the Graveler that was so close to him. How dull it must have all looked to him.

"No don't sleep! Eat!" Whether it was his trainer pushing him on or his appetite had found its way, the Sloth Pokémon finally grabbed a Poffin in front of him and started munching. Though his method of consumption was faster than usual, there was still a natural sluggishness that came with it that reminded his trainer all too much of his own morning repertoire.

His trainer could merely sigh at him. If he wants ice cream after this, I'm going to punch him.

In the corner, the Ralts lifted his head as if he could suddenly sense a disturbance in the emotional wavelengths.

Attempting Yawn at Marche the Graveler followed by the numbers 8 and finally 2.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Blaze was honestly really surprised that so many people had come out in a attempt to get the mighty Tynamo. He looked around to see if he recognized anyone, and saw Hyrem a few Pokemon. This definitely made him feel better, knowing that even if he doesn't get the Tynamo, someone who he knew would get it. Though he did fear for Hyrem if he did manage to get the Tynamo, since Remilia would never leave him alone in her attempt to tame the little guy. Looking around some more, he found that he didn't recognize anyone else. It didn't help that the only people that he had socialized with were Hyrem and Keith, which meant that many trainers in Fizzy Bubbles were strange and different people. And the Pokemon that he saw were going to give him no less security. He noticed two Trapinch, with their giant mouths which would definitely help in the contest since they could swallow more. But the also weren't the most nimble, which could be a good thing. He also saw a Doduo in the contest, and he became very, very angry at that. It definitely seemed like cheating to him, since a Pokemon who could eat more than one head's worth of had a huge advantage in such a contest. But then he remembered that the heads of the Doduo family tended to argue a lot, having more than one mind who thinks they know what's right.

Along with them, Blaze noticed a few more Pokemon. The first was a Scyther, and Blaze felt a little on edge. He thought that Marche's bulk and ability to eat would give him the advantage. But insects? Insects were voracious. They were known to eat a lot, really fast. But would that be the advantage, or the disadvantage? Would this be a matter of the tortoise and the hare? Blaze also saw the Slakoth next to him, who locked eyes with Marche. Blaze hoped that some of the Pokemon would not become violent in this event, though he was wary of the Slakoth. They were known to be able to disable opponents with their Yawns. This concerned him. "Blaze, are we ready to go?" Marche asked. "Of course we are. Listen, we need to do something with that Slakoth. It could end the competition right here." "Well, I'm not sure I'm okay with that." "Oh come on Marche! You can do it! It's a competition! You got to pull out as many punches as possible!" "Remilia, you are a pretty wicked person." "Wicked? I wouldn't say that. I'm just pretty devious." "Well, okay then." "Alright, we should probably stay ranged. I think one of your more unique moves would work here."

Attempting to attack Kong, the Slakoth, with Psywave, and choosing the numbers 1 and 2.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #17
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

"Alright, good luck, we'll be rooting for you." Jake said to Dusty.
Dusty nodded,after two team changes within three days, she felt like she was getting overshadowed, but now was her time to shine! Dusty looked around at her competition.
A Graveler, an Emolga, a Doduo..... Suddenly, Dusty's eyes locked on a male Trapinch.
Another Trapinch? There was no way in hell she was losing to this guy!

Meanwhile Jake, his Ambipom and Plusle watched from the sidelines.

"Well, lets hope for the best, Dusty has some tough opponents." Pom said

''I know Dusty can do it, she's got the biggest appetite out of all of us." Tasu reassured.

"Well, I'm confident in her too, like you said, she has some tough opponents, but i think she can do it" Jake stated.

''Well, we'll find out now" Pom replied

"Ladies and gentlemen, Trainers of all ages - are you hungry for action? Because I know these participants are! On my mark... start your stomachs!"

Picking 1, 3 and 6
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

"Dodi run like the wind, god speed and fly into th- *Smack*
"fine good luck then Dodi"

: DOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Light smiled at the exclamation of excitement and mistakenly thought that it was a cry of vigor, well in reality all that was going through Dodi's two heads was "FOOOOOOOOOD"

Dodi was very eager to get on with the eating as he had missed breakfast due to Light forgetting to set an alarm and the duo (trio?) had rushed over to the contest grounds not allowing any time for breakfast. Light was looking to give another pep talk just before the contest began and proceeded to do so.

"So Dodi" Light spoke to the land in front of him with a confodent air, "Do your best a new teammate may be in it for us if we do well!"

With that Light looked over to see the fruits of his labor and found one of Dodi's heads asleep. "WAKE UP"

"DODIDDOODHODDOHUO"

Chosing numbers 3,9, and 4
Old 08-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #19
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Stage 1: Appetising

"And at the sound of a oven dinger, our contestants are off! We're looking at some prospective speed-eating professionals today, folks, as everyone is tearing into their Poffins like - no, wait, hold on a moment. It looks like some of our contestants have decided to sabotage each other early on in proceedings! Rearing his head back Kong hocks up a Yawn bubble, flinging it in the direction of Marche, who circles his four hands around in a somewhat uncharacteristic fashion. Oh, it's Psywave! You don't see most Graveler being capable of pulling off mental magic like that. The moves clash in mid-air, and it looks like this time the brainwaves beat sleeping gas. Kong takes several blows to the head, and excited as he is about consuming copious amounts of baked goods he's going to be rather occupied for the next couple of rounds...

"Unfettered by petty rivalry, our hungry participants are really sinking their teeth into the rainbow array of treats laid in front of them. Spirit is showing off some of that signature species sense of precision and speed; I can barely keep up with the movements of his arms as is, but it looks like he's tearing into his pile easily and gobbling down the slices and dices. Thanks to the hoverfield around him, Sam is spiralling around his mound like a buzzsaw cutting down a tree, and Dusty is easily burrowing her way into hers like... well, not unlike a videogame character. Perhaps it's the rivalry between Trapinch that's spurring her on, but I can't say that Ezrael is having similar success. Maybe he's hit a patch of Aguav Poffins or something without him noticing but he's barely made any progress! Perhaps pressured by how well their competition is doing our other Flying-types are trying their best to keep up. Dodi is poking his way through the Poffin pyramid, drilling into as much crumbly cake as is possible, but perhaps thin beaks aren't as efficient as he'd like them to be. Likewise Sciuridae is attempting to wolf down his pile though maybe the early start hasn't been as advantageous as he'd hoped. Pacing is going to be the key here..."

Ezrael: 1
Kong: 0 (used an attack)
Marche: 0 (used an attack)
Sam: 10
Spirit: 10
Dusty: 10
Dodi: 5
Sciuridae: 5

Additional Effects:
Slakoth bonus - Each round (unless attacking), Kong has a 40% chance of gaining +1 to his progress, and the negative effects of attacks used on him may be reduced. This will apply for the entirety of the event.
Kong - Hit by Psywave, and affected by mental blow. -3 to progress for the following 2 rounds.
Marche - Used an unfamiliar, costly attack on opponent. -2 to progress for following round.

Round 1 numbers:

1. 10
2. 9
3. 5
4. 5
5. 1
6. 7
7. 5
8. 10
9. 1
10. 10

"Having had an excellent start to dominate the field it looks like our favourites of the first round are continuing rather strongly. Dusty, in particular, is perhaps utilising Trapinch's great mandibular and trepanning control, chomping down Poffins as a Ground-type would tear through earth in a Dig. Spirit, on another note, is no less competitive as he proves his reputation of being the strong eater of his family is not an unearned one. Oh, what's that? Going by the way Sam's spinning out of control like an aeroplane with a clipped wing it seems like he's hit a Spicy setback. Not something you'd expect from consuming drowning prey; an unfortunate obstacle for the Carvanha.

"But what of the others, you'd be asking. Well, I'm afraid it's not looking too good for the others; the initial rush they might have had in the beginning seems to be wearing off. Ezrael's managed to put more notice in exactly what he's eating, but apparently he's still got quite the bitter taste in his mouth and not making much headway. Turns out that eating like two birds isn't helping Dodi out either, he's visibly starting to slow down in his progress. Whoops, it appears that Sciuridae's hit a bit of a choking fit. He thumps his proud little chest and manages to get that Poffin down the hatch but it's still cost him valuable time. Meanwhile, after that surprisingly premature show of gamesmanship Kong and Marche finally begin their efforts to chow down, but their efforts are distinctly stymied. Calling on his innate species constitution Kong begins grabbing Poffins with his long arms and ladling them into his mouth, but the bit of damage and concussion he's taken still has an effect on him; he's dropping Poffins from his arms that won't count to his score, I'm afraid. Marche, on the other hand, is having a bit of a headache himself from using an unfamiliar move, leaving his stubby forearms to ineffectively shuffle some Poffins while his upper arms massage his aching temples."

Ezrael: 1 + 3 = 4
Kong: 0 + 7 - 3 + 1 = 5
Marche: 0 + 3 - 2 = 1
Sam: 10 + 1 = 11
Spirit: 10 + 7 = 17
Dusty: 10 + 8 = 18
Dodi: 5 + 3 = 8
Sciuridae: 5 + 1 = 6

Round 2 numbers:

1. 3
2. 7
3. 8
4. 1
5. 1
6. 8
7. 1
8. 7
9. 3
10. 8
Kong's Bonus: 1d100 = 21

"With a couple of rounds already into the Tynamo Tryouts our participants are starting to get used to the pressure and stamina needed to carry on, and the sight of not one, but two Pokémon steadily in the lead, everyone scrambles to close the distance in between. Slowly but steadily, Ezrael scoops up a good handful of pastries like a bulldozer would with soil and swallows them in a steady, sure gulp; a message to all that he's not out for the count yet despite the unfortunate start he's had. Scuiuridae, however, is forced to take a rest as it looks like the stray crumbs around his throat are prompting him for a juice break. Yes, to those who're watching, all participants are provided with juice refills just in case something goes the wrong way down. Safety is paramount, after all. As this happens, Marche shakes off that headache and, grabbing small bunches of Poffins with all his arms, loads them into his waiting mouth with a pleased expression on his face. Perhaps, he thinks, he ought to try the Poffin diet more often. Kong continues to rake his claws into his pile like an expert, but it's apparent that the Psywave from earlier is still posing its lingering effects. Still, given that it wasn't a complete hit, launched by an unfamiliar species no less, it shouldn't pose him too many problems from here on out.

"While Sciuridae finishes his life-restoring sip break, Sam clearly has different ideas, choosing instead to mask the unfortunate scorch in his mouth with more delicious Poffins. It's certainly a strategy that appears to be working; Sam seems to have become re-energised with a mouthful of yellow Poffins, and he chomps his way through the baked buns with a scent of Nomel and Belue. Dodi, appearing to finally get the hang of this Poffin-eating business, instead turns his twin heads onto Poffins one by one. With two beaks grinding the pastry into dust he's started to kick start his efficiency. Spirit, with little more than the delicious collection ahead of him, continues his epicurean conquest into Mount Poffin as he shows little signs of stopping or slowing. This seems to have surprised Dusty, as she glints at him out of the corner of her beady eye. Was she looking at her other rival in Ezrael, pleased at his lack of progress compared to her? It's no time to be complacent; this could still be anyone's match!"

Ezrael: 4 + 5 = 9
Kong: 5 + 6 - 3 + 0 = 8
Marche: 1 + 6 = 7
Sam: 11 + 9 = 20
Spirit: 17 + 8 = 25
Dusty: 18 + 6 = 24
Dodi: 8 + 9 = 17
Sciuridae: 6 + 2 = 8

Round 3 numbers:

1. 5
2. 6
3. 9
4. 9
5. 2
6. 5
7. 8
8. 8
9. 2
10. 2
Kong's Bonus: 1d100 = 49

Stage 2 Notes:

- Participants have 96 hours to choose 3 numbers from 1 to 10 as before. Any post made after 21st August 2013, 8pm (GMT +8:00) will be ignored, and late participants will automatically be assigned the worst possible progress numbers. In mind of the above, you may post your numbers without roleplay to fall within the time limit.

- All participants may order an attack for one Round during the following Stage. If no Round (4, 5 or 6) is specified, the attack will always be assumed to take place during Round 4.

- Cheering may be done for all participants except for Spirit and Dusty as they are currently in 1st and 2nd place. Cheering cannot be done when an attack is ordered, and vice versa. Cheering must be done for a selected Round (4, 5 or 6). A Cheering attempt will be ignored if no Round is specified; all other aforementioned rules apply.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #20
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

“Wow. Kong went his own way and decided to play how he wants to.” Lucas couldn’t help but grin to himself. “It sure is an interesting method.”

The Ralts wasn’t so enthusiastic about it though. It was almost like cheating and they were now falling behind on the rest.

“Are you kidding me?” the trainer told his Pokémon. “Look at it Rags. It worked perfectly, the Graveler he targeted is now even further behind Kong, that’s a small success right there and next to that he’s done exactly what I asked of him.”

How do you mean?

“I told Kong to eat at least 8 poffins and he did. Sure he might not do it the way you or I would but each Pokémon has his own way of doing things.” He couldn’t help but marvel at his Pokémon’s newfound disposition. He might be lazy and purposefully disobedient at times but it seems the Sloth Pokémon was growing attached to the team he was in.

He was already on his way in the fourth round while Lucas was dawdling but the trainer picked himself up and cheered his Pokémon on. “Keep going at it Kong! You’re doing perfectly fine!” The Ralts and Magnemite took a while to consider their trainer’s words but decided to help. Each cheering Kong on in their own way. The Ralts was shouting words of encouragement in the Pokémon’s native tongue while sending positive emotions throughout the hall. The Magnemite couldn’t help but feel positive about it all and started bouncing up and down in place while sending small waves of cheerful buzzing.

“By the way, you two,” Lucas directed towards his other two Pokémon. “Don’t tell him what I just told you guys. If he knew that I knew he was trying his best, he’d fall right back to sleep and throw the competition.” With that being said, the three cheered their companion on as he was stuffing his face with Poffins one by one.

Picking numbers 9, 3 and 6. Cheering Kong the Slakoth on in Round 5.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 08-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #21
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Sticking with 4, 7 and 9. Cheering Sciuridae on in Round 4.

Dan watched as Sciuridae made a decent start - not as good as some of the other contestants, but they could still catch up to them in the next couple rounds, he hoped. That's when Sciuridae started choking a fair bit - he hadn't chewed a poffin enough, or it'd gone down the wrong way or something - the trainer gasped in panic and then held his breath in anticipation, ready to run on stage to save his pokemon if needs be - but the Emolga righted himself with a quick thump or three on the chest, and after a quick juice break to clear out his throat, went back to the poffin-eating, prompting his trainer to sigh with immense relief that the Emolga was OK. Some of the other competitors had surged ahead massively in this time, however, eating with blinding speed - two had eaten at least 3 times what Scuri had managed to!

Dan had to try something, anything to change this - and the best idea he had was to cheer his pokemon on to give him some fresh morale. He bought out his Joltik, Zapz, who promptly clambered atop Dan's head. "Hey lil' buddy, you want to help me cheer on Sciuri?" The soft bobbing of the Joltik's nod was all he needed to hear.

He yelled out "C'mon Sciuri, show 'em what you're made of! You've got this!" in an attempt to cheer on his pokemon and bring new morale to the struggling Emolga. Zapz atop his hat was cheering too, loud as his little voice could go. They could still win this, he knew it!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

It was a pleasant surprise to see Sam get off to such a strong start. Well, Dave had been counting on it, but for the Carvanha to actively leap into the Poffins and have at was a great boost. Within a few moments, he'd come out of the first round tied for first! Both the trainer and the Hoppip beside him exclaimed their excitement, but obviously they were getting too far ahead of themselves - no sooner had the second round started than Sam hit a wall! Gnashing his teeth, the Dark-type appeared to try to work the spicy taste out of his mouth, but this cost him a lot of progress whilst the two Pokémon he had been level with increased their lead.

Fortunately, Sam got back into the zone and was able to make up some lost ground, coming out of the first stage of the contest in third place! "Not a bad start at all!" Dave murmured, Gytha agreeing with him while Rincewind continued to try hiding in his shirt, wary of so many hungry mouths close by. "Let's see if we can't encourage Sam to do a little better in the coming rounds... Aha!" the fisherman produced another PokéBall from his belt. "I think I have just the motivation here. Sybil, come on out!"

From the device a large shape appeared, the glow of light soon fading to reveal another fish Pokémon. This one hung in the air, suspended by some wide wing-like fins which waggled faintly to keep her aloft. The Mantyke looked about, smiling as she saw her trainer and Gytha, before turning to see the action in front of her. Her expression hardened. "I know, I know you're still not keen on him." Dave responded. "But you're the only one who he seems to respond to. He respect's Axelia's defensive prowess, but everyone else is a prospective meal. Except you, Sybil. I know that if you can put your feelings toward him aside, you could bring out the best in him. And right now, he needs your encouragement."

The Flying-type's visage softened a bit. While she was getting sick of having to contain Sam's rampages, she knew that he had the potential to mature and grow. Slightly reluctantly, she nodded, earning a pat on the head from the fisherman. "Thank you. I won't forget this, Sybil." he replied. "Right girls, let's do this! It's a shame you're not evolved, Gytha. We could use those Jumpluff pom-poms for some cheerleading." The Hoppip giggled in reply, twirling her leaves ever faster.

"You can do it, Sam! Work those jaws! Just imagine it's a pile of chum-flavoured Poffins! Or... a dead Wailmer! Scoff like there's no tomorrow!" Either side of him, Gytha and Sybil cheered along with him, the Mantyke in particular putting as much effort as she could into the display. Dave could only hope that the sight of the Kite Pokémon would urge Sam on to impress her. "If you win this, I'll get you a year's supply of fresh Luvdisc!" Cue stares from the other two. "What? I hate Luvdisc."

Picking numbers 4, 8 and 7 for the second stage. Cheering Sam on in Round 6.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #23
Lightpanda
Boulder Badge

"Good job Dodi!" Light's shout echoed across the feild causing one of the Doduo's two heads to pop up.

: "Dododoudoduo"

"do the best you can ok!" Light's attention was then distracted by a psychic attack directed at a Slacoth.

"Ohhhhh, that looked painful, but that gives me an idea, Dodi Peck Spirit on round 4!"

Chosing 10, and 9 attacking Spirit with Peck in round 4

Last edited by Lightpanda; 08-17-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
Lass El
Idealistic Faepeep

Picking numbers 2, 6 and 5.

Been feeling less than stellar as of late. I'll try to edit in some RP later but I wanted to at least get my numbers in.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #25
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Second Round Numbers: 5, 10, 3 (Hyrem cheers for Ezreal during Round 5)

As soon as the competition started, Ezreal started digging in, but when the first Poffin found its way into his mouth, he paused for a moment. He never had a Poffin before and so wasn't used to the texture of it. It felt flaky and crispy, yet almost melted in his mouth at the same time. Perhaps a moment to savor it... No wait, he couldn't do that! He had to take care of these Poffins quicker than that if he wanted to win above the others! Aw man, I'm not liking the start we're seeing from him, dear readers! He at least picks up the pace when he heads to another table and downs three Poffins at once! Took him some more time to do so, however, by which point he was seriously starting to fall behind the leaders. At another table he managed to gulp down 5 more, but there were 4 Pokemon that were far ahead of him, one of them being the other Trapinch! He was tempted to Bite her in order to break her concentration, but then he heard Hyrem's voice: "They're busy attacking each other, now's your chance, Ez! Just keep eating more Poffins!" The instinct to follow orders came in, and the Trapinch stayed at the tables while other Pokemon tried to use their shenanigans to mess with each other. As long as he kept a low profile and didn't attract much attention, he may be able to eat some more Poffins in peace.

Last edited by Gemini Spark; 08-19-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out