UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Dragonair Advanced Trainer Battle: uhhhhh vs. Talon87

Mt Aduro stood tall and proud, a dormant volcano that once destroyed homes and lives. Now trainers climbed its steep hills searching for adventure or Pokemon, sometimes they even went in search of war. Two trainers had chosen to battle and were standing at the base of the volcano, their shoes sinking into the thick dark soil. Both made their way up the steep climb thankfully finding it levelling out as they approached their arena. The warm dark soil expanded out on a flat plain with several holes in the ground. These holes were dangerous as they were the famous geysers of Mt Aduro. As if to demonstrate their ferocity a couple erupt before their very eyes spewing boiling hot water into the air. The trainers watch in awe feeling the heat even from where they were standing. They spotted their referee in the distance watching and monitoring the geysers noting something down on a table like device. She looks up as the water hits the ground and smiles at her competitors. When it was safe she walked across the arena to meet them.

"Hi you two, glad to see you both made it and in one piece. Its a dangerous arena I know but a good challenge for trainers of your calibre. As long as you remain in your trainer boxes you'll be safe. Lets go over the rules."
uhhhhh vs. Talon87
Advanced Trainer Battle (Pokemon from Lv’s 51-75 used only)
1 vs. 1
48hr DQ Period.
Arena: Cascadia’s Geyser Park: On the slopes of Mt. Aduro of the Cascadia island chain is a 100 x 100 meter area of dark, volcanic soil where every once in a while a geyser will erupt. The geysers shoot up with heights varying from 10 feet to almost 50 feet, and if a Pokémon is struck by one of them they will take good damage and will likely be scalded or burned from the boiling water. A geyser will erupt roughly every 2 minutes, leaving it up to chance whether a Pokémon will be struck or not…
She allowed them time to prepare themselves whist retrieving a coin from her pocket. She assigned uhhhhh to Heads and Talon87 to Tails and gave it a quick flip: "Heads".
Once she was sure they understood the rules she went through the order of play:
– I need PM’s from both of you including your Pokemon, their stats, any healing items being declared, and your attacks for the first round (I am happy with up to 3 being used per round)
- I will then ref the first round.
- uhhhhh will then order their attacks for the next round.
- Talon87 then orders their attacks.
- I ref the round, and the next round attack orders switch and so on and so forth till we have a winner!
"My mind's on fire
My soul's on fire
Feeling hot hot hot”

Last edited by Arc_Angel; 08-07-2012 at 04:35 AM. Reason: I'll get it right eventually ... FIXED!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh

Spoiler: show
Nickname - Gaspard
Species - Aipom
Classification - Long Tail Pokémon
Obtained - Starter
Original Trainer - Connor (uhhhhh)
Gender - Male
Birthday - July 13
Level - 53
Type - Normal
Nature - Jolly
Ability - Run Away
Beauty Points - 0
IQ - 1
Contest Stats - 10/10/10/10/10
Ball - Pokéball
Held Item - Silk Scarf
Level-up Moves - Scratch, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Astonish, Baton Pass, Tickle, Fury Swipes, Swift, Screech, Agility, Double Hit, Fling, Nasty Plot, Last Resort
TM/HM Moves - Sunny Day, Rain Dance, U-Turn, Shadow Claw, Taunt, Thief
Egg Moves - Covet, Doubleslap, Fake Out, Slam, Revenge, Pursuit
Move Tutor Moves - Defense Curl, Metronome, Mimic, Sleep Talk, Fire Punch, Seed Bomb, Mud-Slap, Fury Cutter, Snatch
Event Moves -
From Valentine's Day Event 2012 - Charm, Icy Wind
From Easter Event 2012 - Softboiled, Crossfire
Current Location - With Connor
Bio - Gaspard is Connor's starter Pokémon and his closest companion. The two are rarely seen apart. Connor and Gaspard had first met outside Canalave City near a Honey tree where Gaspard took Connor's camera. He and Sylvester gets along very well.

"A volcano that was once active, causing destruction around it..." Connor said to himself as he walked towards the field, "Hot geysers that spew out hot water, scalding those who were unlucky to be doused by it..." the photographer grinned towards the referee, "Stacey, you sure picked a good place for us to battle! The location looks good for some action shots! Oh, and thanks for the directions to this place! I guess you know me too well now that you had to give 'em to me beforehand. I'm THAT hopeless, am I? ehehe..." Connor wiped the sweat on his forehead that was caused by the heat.

On the other side of the field, he saw his opponent, a trainer by the name of Cyrus, and waved at him, "Ah, hey there Cyrus! Let's make this a good match alright?!" he shouted at the other side of the battlefield. He then took out a pokeball and threw it up into the air, "The camera's ready, it's your time to shine, Gaspard!" Connor said as his trusted partner came out of the ball. Gaspard looked at his surroundings and then towards Connor. "That's right, you're going to be the one fighting today. Our foe's going to be tough, so I'm bringing out the big guns on this one," Connor winked as Gaspard got the message and shot Connor a toothy grin as the Aipom was ready to fight.

With Gaspard on his battle stance, and Connor with his camera ready, they were both ready to begin the match. "All right Gaspard, let's warm up this match by Taunting Celes! Then, I want you to approach her and Screech loudly towards her twice! Let's do this!" and with that, the photographer readied his camera for the match that's about to take place.

Placing x1 Potion (2/5) on standby as the first one was used here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
=Pokémon=
Species: Chikorita (F) Level 55
Name: Celes
Met: Starter
Type: Grass
Ability: (undeclared)
Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Cut, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, Counter, Synthesis, Reflect, Magical Leaf, Grass Knot, Return, Secret Power, Natural Gift, Sweet Scent, Light Screen, Body Slam, Safeguard, Aromatherapy, Solarbeam, Vine Whip, Leaf Storm
Nature: (undeclared)
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Contest Stats: Smart: -- Cool: -- Beauty: -- Tough: -- Cute: --
IQ: --
Bio: When Cyrus needs a Pokémon he can trust to get the job done, Celes is his go-to girl. This spunky Chikorita has an energetic flare when it comes to Pokémon battles. Celes respects and admires Cyrus. She and her trainer are on the same page when it comes to ethical beliefs. Celes prefers to avoid inflicting harm on Pokémon, opting instead for diplomacy or gentler attacks. However, if the time calls for it, Celes will begrudgingly attack her opponents with full power. Celes cannot abide to see strong Pokémon bullying weaker Pokémon. She also has an instinctive fear of herbivorous Pokémon. Celes does not mind being inside her PokéBall, but she is naturally affectionate and thus enjoys being let out of her PokéBall to accompany Cyrus on his adventures.
Trophies: none currently
Current Location: Slot #1 on my active squad (current shop/zone: none)

=Heal Items=
One of my two Burn Heals (link) and one of my two Paralyze Heals (link).

=Attacks=
Cyrus felt the crunch of glass and charcoal under his feet as he ascended the mountain. He had never visited Mt. Aduro before but he had been summoned here by the league official for his next trainer battle. As he neared the top, the mountain slope leveled off and Cyrus saw before him a flat plain. Here or there were pockmarks in the soil, great holes. Geysers, he thought, as he watched some of them erupt, boiling hot water flowing against gravity in a towering ascent. He could feel the heat from here. He made a mental note to keep an eye on these during the match. They could prove useful ... to either trainer. In the distance stood the referee. After Cyrus and his opponent approached her and she explained the rules, Cyrus turned around and headed off towards his side of the battle field. This would most likely be a tough fight, he realized, but he was confident she could handle it. No, there was no one else Cyrus trusted more. Removing her PokéBall from his belt, Cyrus aims it in front of him and ...

"Celes, I choose you!"

... summons Celes, the Chikorita who has been Cyrus's dear friend and faithful companion on his travels, the one who has been with him the longest, the one he had most confidence in. The little Grass-type Pokémon affords a quick look over her shoulder -- "Chika!" -- to meet Cyrus's eyes with her own; then, she turns back around, facing forward, intensely looking in the direction of the other trainer and the Pokémon he has chosen for this battle.

Cyrus had never seen or fought this boy before so he didn't know what to expect. However, it would probably best to start things off with some good defensive preparations. "Celes! Lead off with your Safeguard attack to shield yourself from whatever he might try to sting us with first! Then set up a reflective barrier! Follow that with your Light Screen attack!" Cyrus believed that the best offense here in the opening round of the battle would be a good defense.
Both trainers listened intently to the rules, wanting to make sure they stayed safe and protected their Pokemon from danger on this violet battlefield. Connor appeared rather pleased at the active arena choice knowing that he would get some good shots out of it whilst Cyrus appeared nonplussed either way. Both trainers move off the arena and into their prepared trainer boxes set up on a slightly higher ground away from the geysers. Connor released his starter, an Aipom called Gaspard who looked pleased to be another battle. With a boost of confidence from his trainer Gaspard gives him a big grin and waits to see who he'll be facing. Cyrus releases his own starter, A Chikorita called Celes and she gives her trainer one look before determinedly looking ahead at the target. Once both Pokemon were ready the referee dropped the flag, the battle had begun.

Gaspard gets within talking distance to Cele and begins to Taunt her with all his best insults. He stops suddenly however when he notices the glowing green dome around her blocking out all noise and preventing his Taunt from working. Gaspard huffs in annoyance and prepares his next move Screeching at her, showing her how much her deflection of his attack irked him. She grimaced against the noise feeling her defences drop but manages to make her move against the pain assault on her ears. Her eyes glow as a pane of Reflective glass forms before her boosting her defence back up some what and muffling the noise a little.

Gaspard looks at his reflection in the shield and grins before letting loose another Screech the noise not as strong as the last but it's enough to reduce Cele's defenses slightly more. Cele shakes her head trying to rid herself of the ringing noise in her ears and expends more energy to boost her special defences this time. In front of her Reflect Shield she sets up another, a Light Screen this time glows yellows casting her with its glow.

Although her defences were reduced from the Screeches Gaspard would have to get through the two shields before he inflicted any damage to the Chikorita!

Health: 100%
Energy: 83%

Health: 100%
Energy: 76%

uhhhhh to post followed by Talon87
Old 08-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Connor whistled at the outcome, "Safeguard huh? Didn't think you'd use that move. Then again, I kinda figured it won't be easy fooling you anyway," he said to Cyrus as he snapped a photo of the Chikorita and her two shields. Connor had a hunch that Celes was going to use Reflect and Light Screen to defend herself, and was wanting to avoid that but it looks like that Cyrus was one step ahead of him on that part. The photographer grinned as he readied his camera for one more picture. He knew that their opponent was going to be tough, and thus he knew that winning this match was going to be difficult for him and Gaspard. It's just how he wanted this match to be.

"So, if I want to hit Celes I have to get through her two shields huh... hmmm..." Connor thought as he snapped one more photo, "Gaspard, use Fury Swipes against Celes! That should get you through the two shields and hopefully hit her at the same time! Then Screech as loudly as you can at her and U-Turn back to me before she does anything funny! Let's go!" Connor commands his Aipom who happily obliged.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"'Before she does anything funny', huh?" Cyrus mused. Not one, not two, but three Screeches: clearly the boy was aiming for a TKO. And ordinarily this many attacks used to lower Chikorita's defense would be a grand strategic advantage. If not a KO this round, then surely the next. That must've been what the boy was hoping for. However, there was one thing he seemed to have overlooked: whatever the opponent threw at Celes, she could throw it back twofold!

"Celes!" Cyrus called. "When the enemy comes close to scratch you, you should have a clear shot of his tail! Aim for that with your Razor Leaf attack! Then use another Safeguard to block out any more of that terrible screeching! Finally," Cyrus took a breath, "... stand your ground as he tries to use U-Turn and fire back twofold with your Counter attack!" Two, possibly three defense drops? A super-effective physical attack? Cyrus was confident it wouldn't be enough to KO Chikorita, but he was equally confident it would probably do a hell of a lot of damage to her. And that was exactly what he was counting on. A hit like that returned two-fold ...! "I'll use your own Screech attacks against you," Cyrus thought as the two Pokémon engaged one another in the second round of the battle.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 2

Both trainers seemed to have very similar plans, take out the opposing Pokemon in as little moves as possible. Before Gaspard and his opponent were not one but two shields to get through he was going to have a job even touching the Chikorita. Cyrus has big plans to turn around the Aipom's power and deal as much damage with one well timed blow too. Now was the time to tell.

Gaspard leaps forward and land the first blow of Fury Swipes at the Light Screen shattering it, the yellow pane falling into many pieces before turning to energy and disappearing. He then unleashes the rest on the Reflect shield which is more suited to defending this type of attack. One more swipe and the shield disappears having done its job and the third swipe catches Celes making her wince with pain. With her shields gone however Celes is quick to attack right back with a well placed Razor Leaf that leaves little cuts over Gaspard's body.

Gaspard inhales in deeply and lets loose the third Screech of the match but another glowing green Safeguard is erected blocking the defences reducing noise. Gaspard narrows his vision as his efforts are blocked again and backs up ready to lay the smack down upon his foe. He glows green and in a bolt of the energy leaps towards Ceres with his U-Turn and she glows a deep crimson red just before impact. Ceres grunts and goes sidding back through the mud as she takes some of the damage from the attack but its nothing compared to what Gaspard takes. He screeches, this time in agony, as he's thrown back across the arena to come to a stop before his trainer looking battered and badly injured.

The ground begins to rumble and both trainers and Pokemon look worried. two geysers erupt, fortunately none near Gaspard but one clips Ceres knocking her over. She cries out as she feels the burn on her shoulder from the boiling hot water. Maybe the tides had turned?

Health: 53%
Energy: 64%

Health: 70%
Energy: 46%
Burnt

Talon87 to post followed by uhhhhh
Old 08-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"Good girl, Celes!" Cyrus calls out encouragingly. But it looks like she took a nasty burn from that geyser. "Fire off a Leech Seed at the monkey while he's down, Celes!" he orders. While the monkey is too busy dealing with that attack ... "Then come back over here! I have something for you" Cyrus calls her over, removing a Burn Heal from his pocket, ready to spray it on Chikorita to soothe her skin. "Then head back out onto the field. If he tries another physical attack, Counter again! Otherwise, I want you to Body Slam him! Give it all you've got!"
Old 08-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

"Oooh, a geyser erupted! Gotta get a good pic for this one!" Connor said as he was distracted from the battle and aimed at the geysers which were erupting. He then noticed Gaspard badly injured from the Counter attack, "Irk, Counter?!" Connor was clearly surprised. Looks like Cyrus has a lot of tricks on his sleeve, and Connor fell into one of them. "Impressive, looks like my hunch was right about you! You're really not someone to trifle with, I can see how you managed to beat Alice in just three turns. I've heard about that," he said to Cyrus with a smile. He then had a serious expression as he faced Gaspard, "You all right partner?" he asked the Aipom who slowly got up and nodded back at his trainer, "Aipom!" he cried out to him as he shot him a grin. Connor nodded at that and looked at the other end, "Leech Seed huh? She's unprotected Gaspard she can hear your insults now, go for a Taunt before she launches one of those! Then, I want you think of a Nasty Plot as to how to hit her and fake a physical attack to trick her into using Counter while charging up an Icy Wind!" he said to his partner. He said as he aimed his camera again on the fight, waiting for a good opportunity for a photo.

Last edited by uhhhhh; 08-09-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 3

Gaspard had taken a horrible hit and lay recovering by his trainer's feet, that was a brilliant reversal of power. Celes was not out of the woods either as her should took a nasty burn from the geyser that struck her. It would reduce her attack and eat at her health round by round, perhaps Connor could capitalise on that? Cyrus was set to make sure he kept his lead.

Celes manages to fire off her Leech Seed off before Gaspard can get back to his feet and he feels the ping as it lands on his back. He gets to his feet and gasps as the vines shoot forth wrapping around his body restricting his movements and zapping his health. He glares at the Chikorita who's running back towards her trainer and lets loose a string of Taunt at her and she feels her blood run cold ... what did he say about her? She turns around before she reaches her trainer and he calls out for her begging her to ignore the comments but she's pissed off now. She would show that stupid monkey what for, call her that the little %$^&&!!!

Gaspard grinned and began to think such horrible Nasty thoughts Plotting his revenge for the terrible pain he had suffered at the hands ... or body of the Chikorita. Celes was ignoring the need to heal her burn or to counter any attack, she wanted to slam the crap out of that monkey and she leaps at him with her Body Slam taking him to the ground. She looks pleased with her work especially as yellow sparks flew off his body showing that she had paralysed him. He gets back up but his body locks up as he tries to attack back and he can only look disheartened whilst Celes looks less annoyed, she may respond to orders now she had dealt some damage.

Health: 40%
Energy: 53%
Leech Seeded
Paralysed

Health: 66%
Energy: 32%
Burnt

Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #9
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

"Heh, we're in a pickle aren't we?" Connor said as he looked at the outcome and snapped a picture of it. He wiped the sweat on his forehead as he thought about what to do next. He knew he had to be careful on this one as his opponent was clearly giving his all. He didn't want to disappoint.

"Gaspard, get rid of those vines by using Fury Swipes on them! If the paralysis stops you, just keep going! Then I want you to come over here and let me treat you," he said as he grabbed a Potion from his bag. "Lastly, I want you to Tickle Celes! Hang in there!" he said to his partner.

Placing x1 Potion (2/5) on standby as the first one was used here.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Cyrus looked at the Pokémon before him on the battlefield. Chikorita had been burned by the geyser, it was true, but the opponent's monkey looked to be in much more dire straights right now. Celes' crippling Body Slam had rendered the Aipom paralyzed. This would be bad enough under ordinary circumstances; but when coupled with the ensnaring vines of Celes' Leech Seed ...! The photographer boy seemed to recognize this fact too as he orders his partner to try for as long as it takes to escape from the Leech Seed. But what would it take to escape? A single scratch? Ten? Twenty? Cyrus didn't know, but he knew one thing: he would use every last second given to him by the circumstances to let Celes use her ultimate weapon. It was now or never!

"Celes! Ready yourself between Aipom and his trainer and start absorbing sunlight! Keep doing it until the moment Aipom looks like he's managed to escape from the Leech Seed! At that very moment, take aim and let loose your SolarBeam!" Cyrus hoped that through a combination of time affording Celes ample charging and the enemy's paralysis affording her significant aim, this would be one "snapshot" the boy on the other side of the arena never forgot.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 4

Gaspard was in trouble again, not only was he wrapped up in vines he was paralysed to boot. Celes appeared to have the edge on him but she was beginning to tire so she needed to be careful not to over exert herself. Connor had plans to heal Gaspard and orders a Fury Swipes but his paralysis kicks in locking his muscles and he groans in frustration. Celes meanwhile had begun to absorb the sunlight into her head leaf ready for one of her most powerful grass attacks. She is ordered to wait for Gaspard to get free of the Leech Seed vines but with the yellow static crackling all over his skin he doesn't look like he was getting free any-time soon.

He tries once more with his Fury Swipes this time managing to move enough to start clawing at the vines. Celes looks to be in pain from holding the charge of her Solarbeam whilst waiting for Gaspard to get free. She groans sweat falling down her face as she casts a pained look at her trainer. She needed to release this now! She takes aim and lets the bright beam rip forth from her leaf. Gaspard has cut most of the vines off when he spots the sun flash before him. No it wasn't the sun but it was its raw power heading his way! He screeches as the Solarbeam slams into him with all its force incinerating the remains of the Leech Seed and throwing him over to the trainer smoking from the impact. Cyrus can only look on at the damage done but sees the Monkey stir and slowly get back to its feet the smoke rising from his body, that didn't work out exactly as planned!

Connor scoops the Aipom up in his arms and quickly starts applying the Potion hoping that it would heal most of his injuries and Gaspard gives him a small smile feeling a little better. Connor lowers him to the ground and the Aipom taking a deep breath centring himself and walking back onto the battlefield ready to fight again. Suddenly the ground shakes again startling both Pokemon look around in concern as two geysers erupt but neither of them were close enough to hit either Pokemon

Health: 39%
Energy: 47%

Health: 62%
Energy: 18% -
Burnt

Talon87 to post followed by uhhhhh

Last edited by Arc_Angel; 08-13-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Miiiiissstttakkkkeee XP
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Cyrus closed his eyes. A small smile formed on his lips. This was it.

Cyrus opened his eyes to look back at the Aipom on the other side of the field once again. He looked somewhat battered, yes, but the potion his trainer had just administered seemed to have put some pep in the monkey's step. Cyrus couldn't know for certain but it seemed to him that this monkey could easily fight for another two, three rounds, possibly even longer. Then Cyrus looked at Celes. She seemed less scratched up, true, but she was panting heavily. If only panting were all she was doing, but she had been wincing because of that burn for quite some time now, and the fiasco with the SolarBeam only proved that his Chikorita needed urgent medical treatment. Cyrus clenched his fingers around the Burn Heal he held in his hand. His ears were still ringing from the monkey's terrible high-pitched screeching. He imagined Celes was probably much the same. With her ears ringing, her skin burned by the geyser's boiling-hot water, and her stamina all but spent, things weren't looking good.

Cyrus felt Celes had just enough energy for at least one final attack. He knew which one to pick. It was the only move he could pick in this situation.

"Celes! Use Aromatherapy! Then, if you can still manage it, use Leech Seed to try and stall the enemy! Finally, run over to that pair of geysers that just erupted and lie down to try and recover some energy!" It was desperate, Cyrus realized, but it was all he could do in this situation.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

"So, that's your plan huh..." Connor grinned as he snapped a few more photos of the match. This battle was geting pretty good for him as the tables had turned. He still had one more trick up in his sleeve. If Cyrus thought that Gaspard had no more means to restore his health, then he thought wrong. There was no more need to be all offensive against Celes as the Solarbeam attack from earlier took a lot of energy out of her. If they wanted to try to take out Gaspard with one last blow, then so be it.

"Change of plans Gaspard! Try to dodge the Leech Seed attack! If it hits you, Fury Swipe it right away! Lastly..." Connor said as he snapped one more photo, "Use Softboiled to heal yourself even more!" The photographer can just imagine the look on his opponent's faces as he ordered the last move. After all, it was not something an Aipom normally can learn. He then focused himself once more into taking more photos of the match.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #14
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 5

Cyrus was feeling that the end was near for his Pokemon, she was burnt and running low on energy but he was going to give it one last ditch effort to try and hold on. Connor was getting his shots with his camera enjoying the match thoroughly, he had a few tricks up his sleeves too and was waiting for the opportune moment to reveal them.

Celes releases a fine mist of Aromatherapy and inhales deeply sighing in relief as she feels her burn heal from the inside, this stuff was good if she said so herself! Gaspard was waiting on the other side of the arena for the Chikorita to attack, he was going to dodge whatever she threw at him. Celes closes the gap so she was close enough to launch her Leech Seed. Gaspard leaps to the side but he trips in the mud and the seed hits his tail and the vines wrap around his body. He grimaces in pain and uses his Fury Swipes to slash at the vines before they steal his health. Meanwhile Celes has changed direction and lies down next the geyser that erupted trying to conserve energy. If she can rest up for a bit she may soon feel a little more energetic, that was if Gaspard allowed her to.

Gaspard is free of of the vines he concentrates on healing himself again. He forms a glowing orange orb of energy before him and then absorbs the egg-shaped orb feeling refreshed but drained, that took a lot out of him.

Health: 80%
Energy: 14%

Energy: 09%

Old 08-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

"This is the last stretch of the battle huh..." Connor mused as he looked at the battlefield. His camera was running out of bateries as he gazed at Gaspard and then Celes. They were both tired now from this match and now it go either way. This truly has been quite an interesting fight for them and it was something they would never forget. "Now then, shall we end this match? Gaspard, make this one worthy of a good shot! Icy Wind!" he grinned as he ordered.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #16
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Cyrus had no idea what had just happened; however, it was now clear to him that things were down to the wire for both Pokémon, each looking incredibly fatigued. As the other trainer grinned and ordered his Aipom to use Icy Wind, Cyrus countered:

"Celes! Use Vine Whip to launch yourself up over the wind! After you land, immobilize the enemy with another Leech Seed!" It all came down to this.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #17
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Round 6

Things has become closer as Round 6 appeared and now both trainer saw an opportunity to win. Connor orders an Icy Wind from Gaspard and the Aipom oblidges. He breathes in deep before releasing a sparkling blue wave of frozen air towards Celes, but she has a plan. She Whips her Vines into the mud and launches herself over Gaspard to avoid the attack landing gracefully if a little wobbly from the energy use. Gaspard looks on in shock and turns around to receive a Leech Seed to the face. He panics and claws at the seed but suddenly it falls away and he notices why. Celes was looking lovingly at her trainer, she had tried so hard but she couldn't hold on any longer. She collapses to the ground too exhausted to continue on. The referee enters the arena and points her flag towards Connor.

"Chikorita is unable to battle, Connor and Aipom are the winners!"

Energy: 08%

Energy: 00%

Congratulations to Connor and Gaspard. You took some heavy shots but your Potion saved you at the right moment. Your use of Softboiled at the end nearly finished you both off but you had the advantage on energy and worked it well. You're racking up victories now, keep up the good work.
For his victory Gaspard receives this . He also receives two levels.

Commiserations to Talon87 and Celes, you were just a little too keen with the heavy energy moves such as multiple barrier moves but the Solar Beam was well timed. There was some bad luck with the burn too but the RNG is fickle for sure. There is no shame in losing to a worthy opponent. Celes receives 1 XP for participating in the battle.

I hope to see you both back again ^-^
Old 08-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #18
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel View Post
Things has become closer as Round 6 appeared and now both trainer saw an opportunity to win. Connor orders an Icy Wind from Gaspard and the Aipom oblidges. He breathes in deep before releasing a sparkling blue wave of frozen air towards Celes, but she has a plan. She Whips her Vines into the mud and launches herself over Gaspard to avoid the attack landing gracefully if a little wobbly from the energy use. Gaspard looks on in shock and turns around to receive a Leech Seed to the face. He panics and claws at the seed but suddenly it falls away and he notices why. Celes was looking lovingly at her trainer, she had tried so hard but she couldn't hold on any longer. She collapses to the ground too exhausted to continue on. The referee enters the arena and points her flag towards Connor.

"Chikorita is unable to battle, Connor and Aipom are the winners!"

Energy: 08%

Energy: 00%

Congratulations to Connor and Gaspard. You took some heavy shots but your Potion saved you at the right moment. Your use of Softboiled at the end nearly finished you both off but you had the advantage on energy and worked it well. You're racking up victories now, keep up the good work.
For his victory Gaspard receives this . He also receives two levels.

Commiserations to Talon87 and Celes, you were just a little too keen with the heavy energy moves such as multiple barrier moves but the Solar Beam was well timed. There was some bad luck with the burn too but the RNG is fickle for sure. There is no shame in losing to a worthy opponent. Celes receives 1 XP for participating in the battle.

I hope to see you both back again ^-^
OoC: Wouldn't have bothered with the defensive barriers if I'd known they were so energy draining and yet so easy to break through. Live and learn.

Cyrus ran out onto the field. "Celes!" He fell down to his knees and scooped the Chikorita up into his arms. "You did great. You deserve a long rest." Hugging her close to him, he then loosened his hold to reach around for her PokéBall and, with it in hand, summoned her back inside.

Cyrus then stood up and congratulated the other trainer for his win before turning around and heading down the mountain slope. He'd head for the nearest Pokémon Center and then from there ... who knows ...

OoC: Collecting the 1 EXP point for Celes and depositing it in storage. Thanks for reffing us, Arc.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #19
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

OoC: Thanks for reffing us Arc! Heh, maybe I did go a bit overboard in using Softboiled to heal him but then again, I knew that Gaspard would still have enough energy left to do a few moves... though I didn't expect Softboiled to take up THAT much energy. I'm keeping that in mind next time. ^_^"

The battle had gone to a close. Connor and Gaspard had won and the Aipom had laid himself down on the ground. Connor quickly approached Gaspard and the Aipom got back up again. "Nicely done Gaspard, way to go!" he said as he gave him a high-five with Aipom's tail-hand. Connor then scooped Gaspard in his arms and he noticed that the Aipom quickly fell asleep. "That battle really took a lot out of you huh? Take a good rest for now partner," he warmly smiled at him.

He then approached Cyrus and thanked for a wonderful match. Connor then parted ways with him and Stacey and headed towards... somewhere.

Leveling up Gaspard from 53 to 55!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Battle Archive