UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-16-2016, 10:44 AM   #151
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Sad. I only have a few hours before work and I wanted to get some Go in. I did hit level 5 this morning though.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:49 AM   #152
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Probably bugfix + EUROPE

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #153
Loki

Seems like it's back up xp.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #154
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Yet to hit level 5, but I got a good way towards it before the intern made the server into chips for his dinner. Currently I have a random 100+ Pidgeotto and then my next highest is a 40something.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:27 PM   #155
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, in lieu of my regular walk, had a thing to go to today. So of course the servers crapping out coincided with the walking portion of said thing. -__- So much for hatching my Eggs today. At least once they were back up I managed to clean up big-time at a nearby PokéStop. And then, on the way home, found an Eevee, but when I threw a Poké Ball, the app froze. I was like, "Crap, I hope I caught that thing," because I was in a moving car at the time, so odds were if I didn't catch it, it would've been long gone. As soon as I load the app back up, I hit level 8, so yeah, that clued me into the fact that I caught it. Finally have a semi-respectable stockpile of Poké Balls once more- I got 30 of 'em. Also have a Lure Module, some Razz Berries, I'm pretty good on Potions and Revives... my only complaint is that Team Mystic has taken over the local Gym. >_<
Old 07-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #156
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Last night I saw that one of the gyms in the massive park (former golf course) behind my house had been claimed by Instinct. Well, technically they both had, but this one was interesting because it was 5 defenders strong. So this morning I got up and went for my morning run through the park. I stopped at the gym and trained through enough to drop my Jolteon in nicely in the 4th slot, totaling 6 defenders. The second I got home, the servers crapped out. They have, however, been up and running for about 11 hours now. I am proud to say that the gym is still holding strong at 6 defenders including both a Lapras and a Snorlax. I am pleased.

The other gym in the park is now instinct controlled as well, although not nearly as well and I'm not on the team.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:37 AM   #157
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Central Park last night.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:01 AM   #158
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Many people at Town square yesterday had their very first encounter with a Victreebell. Surmised to say they were quite surprised. Also I saw a Misty cosplay lol
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #159
Loki

I found a Blastoise by the Arby's yesterday. o_O

Anyone else seen wacky-ish locations for Pokemon?
Old 07-17-2016, 01:08 PM   #160
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
My first encounter with a Grimer was in my bathroom.

Anyway, on to today- not too shabby. Didn't get to hit up any PokéStops, but I did manage to hatch a few Eggs- got a Poliwag and a Weedle. Also caught some Pidgey, a couple Drowzee (including one very strong, and very stubborn one), and even a Spearow. Managed to evolve a pair of Pidgey, the aforementioned Weedle, and that strong Drowzee- it's now my strongest Pokémon with almost 500 CP, as opposed to my second strongest... another Hypno. I swear, the number of Drowzee that show up in this neighborhood...
Old 07-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #161
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Well my Pokémon GO day was quite annoying...
I was outdoors this afternoon for a few hours, which I hoped to (partially) fill with catching some Pokémon and visiting some PokéStops. But the moment I set foot out of the door I get hit with server issues which lasted to well into the evening.

All I managed today was hatch one egg that was already close to hatching. While I could have done so much more without those issues...
Old 07-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #162
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
I found a Blastoise by the Arby's yesterday. o_O

Went on a pub crawl yesterday in downtown. Most of the Pokemon made sense; Doduo and Ponyta in the (large) park, Horsea at the fountain... Zubat all over the place in general, Hitmonchan and Grimer hanging out in shady alleyways...

...and then there was just a random Tentacool chilling in the middle of the city, probably flopping around in the middle of a sidewalk or something.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:22 PM   #163
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
Well my Pokémon GO day was quite annoying...
I was outdoors this afternoon for a few hours, which I hoped to (partially) fill with catching some Pokémon and visiting some PokéStops. But the moment I set foot out of the door I get hit with server issues which lasted to well into the evening.

All I managed today was hatch one egg that was already close to hatching. While I could have done so much more without those issues...
Same here. This night and last night the servers kept crashing which meant I lost the chance of catching a few firsts (such as Psyduck, Paras and Goldeen). I still don't have those first two. At least I get my Pokéballs back once it crashes mid-catch. In addition, the GPS is crapping out on me when it does work. A few times I loaded in the middle of the ocean (Null Island) and at other times it manages to place me just a few steps (sometimes a street or two) away, and it is this last inconvenience that has caused me to make use of less than half the Pokéstops I've passed. There's a small park right next to where I live with three Pokéstops and I can't use any of them T_T.
I've noticed that my morning went a lot easier than my afternoon/night, so I'm guessing it's merely because of the increase in server traffic once the States wake up. I'm going to try again tomorrow morning and wake up early to abuse this. Get a walk through the park and then head for my university campus. I've always felt it ridiculous they had so many sculptures or weird artwork but this time it might be a benefit.

Anyway, went with Charmander, chose Team Valour (keep your arguments to yourself). Haven't caught too many exciting Pokémon; a Gastly, 4 Drowzee that popped up right after each other by the train station, and some Weedle, Rattatta, Pidgey, Magikarp, Zubat.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #164
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

> Ayy Pokemon Go officially Launched in Canada-Land today

I went on an hour long walk and caught 5 Ponytas which are apparently super common in my area which is ridiculous. Also snagged a Cubone and a few other cuties.

I just wanna hit level 5 so I can show my support for a team. :<
Old 07-17-2016, 09:46 PM   #165
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Yeah, I discovered that it had came out here when I was over at a friend's place. There were a few Pokemon out there, I have even caught a Pidgeotto while there. However, when I went home, I discovered that there is literally only one Pokestop within a kilometre of my house and my nearby Pokemon list literally has no Pokemon on it. -_-'
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:19 AM   #166
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Caught a Beedrill, missed a Clefairy and gained 1000xp for what I can tell was no reason. A good and productive day.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:05 AM   #167
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

I think either tomorrow or they day after I'm goign to try and lucky egg myself from 18 to 21 or so so I'm prepping all the pidgeys and rattata ad other Pokemon I can evolve or whatever. Was goign to do it today but the server went down. Also I missed a golduck because of those issues :/
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:49 AM   #168
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

So. I am officially on vacation. And the place is CRAWLING with mons I've never seen. Unfortunately the church across the street is a gym and not a pokestop, which is disappointing as I really wanted to farm it all week, but on the plus side I can defend it from my toilet so there's that.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #169
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Weather sucked today, so got almost nothing done. Managed to get a few Poké Balls while being driven past PokéStops, but they did little good. I got a Pidgey and a Rattata that SHOULD have gotten me the Youngster medal... And the last ball, I used on a Seel which literally headbutted the ball away. I wish I was making this up. Really hope the weather's good tomorrow- I need to take my usual walk, hit up PokéStops, stockpile Poké Balls, and get these Eggs hatched!
Old 07-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #170
phoopes
Double Dragon

Help my neighborhood is a barren and desolate wasteland. Half the time servers are down, the other half the "nearby" tab is empty of Pokemon. Nearest Pokestop is more than a mile away. As I said before I don't like the fact that I have to drive somewhere, then walk to use this app. But if it comes to that I may have to. Apparently there are a few palces within 15 minutes of me that are teeming with life. Better luck there hopefully.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:20 PM   #171
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Do teams have any effect outside of gym control?

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #172
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
What I'm pretty sure the green box this is true considering I've used it on more than one occasion
Okay yeah someone else said this too :P Still can't test it myself (yet; I may be getting smartphone), so you guys can fight it out.

So here's another thing that I haven't tested so I don't know if it's true, but I thought it was cool/interesting and might be useful to people if it is true.

--
--
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Lucario188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:15 AM   #173
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Help my neighborhood is a barren and desolate wasteland. Half the time servers are down, the other half the "nearby" tab is empty of Pokemon. Nearest Pokestop is more than a mile away. As I said before I don't like the fact that I have to drive somewhere, then walk to use this app. But if it comes to that I may have to. Apparently there are a few palces within 15 minutes of me that are teeming with life. Better luck there hopefully.
I came across this recently: https://support.pokemongo.nianticlab...s/requests/new
Apparently you can submit a request to get Pokéstops or Gyms in your area. I think you're supposed to send a picture of the location as well.

-----

So I tested the morning and it worked better but not by much. My GPS still teleports me everwhere in and around the park at random intervals, meaning I'm never stationary long enough to actually challenge the nearby gym or train there. Still, managed to catch a few new interesting things ike a Dratini. Have heard that some Pokémon like Dratini spawn in the same location every few hours so I'm going to test that later today.

I looked for a Facebook group for Pokémon Go in my area and I found one page and two public groups. Someone asked if people would drop by later that day by the library and I thought, "why not? I might as well take a look and see who else will be there."
I arrived to find 40 people haning out opposite the library with almost non-stop lures being set on the three pokestops. Miraculously, my GPS and connection are way better in crowded and busier locations. So from now on I'm going to head for the city centre more often. The group of 40 quickly filled to 60 with people coming and going, and this appears to be some regular thing. I caught more than twice the amount of Pokémon in those two hours than I did in two days of trying to walk around on my own.
If they're doing this again this afternoon, I'm going to use my lucky egg for once and evolve all those pidgeys, weedles and rattattas I accumulated. By my calculations, the evolutions alone should allow me to get from Lv.9 to 10 1/2

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:07 AM   #174
Heather
Naga's Voice

I'm a shitlord.

Quote: