UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #1
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

When playing a Pokemon game, do you usually have lots of level 100 Pokemon?

I try to train as many as I can (to level 100), without using a cheating device or any Rare Candies. On any of my Pokemon.

Last edited by ChampofPokemon; 05-25-2018 at 06:47 PM.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
My MO since RBY has been to just overtrain a single Pokemon and plow through the entire game with it. During my original playthroughs of RBY I used my starter, then hacked in Dratini due to its movepool, and later used Nidoran > Nidoking. The idea was a Pokemon with strong SE coverage, high level and the PP to basically carry you through the story, and carry an HM Slave for navigation purposes only.

If you only use one Pokemon, it needs the level advantage to be able to fight up to six Pokemon in a row. In RBY there was no way I could beat Sabrina's Alakazam without having a level advantage, because Alakazam's Psychic would otherwise OHKO Nidoking, and it is always going to be faster.

I...really don't care for the more modern approach of leveling up your entire team via EXP Share, since I've never owned a console and have no interest/desire for the wifi battle aspect. I feel like switching is the epitome of unfair against the game AI since, while some tougher trainers might use items, very few of them have scripts intelligent enough to switch like a live player.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
My MO since RBY has been to just overtrain a single Pokemon and plow through the entire game with it. During my original playthroughs of RBY I used my starter, then hacked in Dratini due to its movepool, and later used Nidoran > Nidoking. The idea was a Pokemon with strong SE coverage, high level and the PP to basically carry you through the story, and carry an HM Slave for navigation purposes only.

If you only use one Pokemon, it needs the level advantage to be able to fight up to six Pokemon in a row. In RBY there was no way I could beat Sabrina's Alakazam without having a level advantage, because Alakazam's Psychic would otherwise OHKO Nidoking, and it is always going to be faster.

I...really don't care for the more modern approach of leveling up your entire team via EXP Share, since I've never owned a console and have no interest/desire for the wifi battle aspect. I feel like switching is the epitome of unfair against the game AI since, while some tougher trainers might use items, very few of them have scripts intelligent enough to switch like a live player.
Getting hundreds of your own Pokémon to level 100 is daunting and very challenging.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #4
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Generally no because its so tedious and pointless I tend to avoid it. :p

Even if you dump most, if not all, of the available EXP in the Main Game without grinding it generally will only bring one Pokemon to the Level 80-85 range at which point they're more than grossly overpowered.

It's one of those neat little achievements you can do (like, say, getting all the souls in Aria of Sorrow), but the time investment needed is kind of crazy.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Generally no because its so tedious and pointless I tend to avoid it. :p

Even if you dump most, if not all, of the available EXP in the Main Game without grinding it generally will only bring one Pokemon to the Level 80-85 range at which point they're more than grossly overpowered.

It's one of those neat little achievements you can do (like, say, getting all the souls in Aria of Sorrow), but the time investment needed is kind of crazy.
Getting to level 100 is cool, tho.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #6
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

The highest I've gotten in a main series game is 81, and that's with the trade bonus. Honestly can't tell how cool it is or isn't at this point, ya know?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:53 PM   #7
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
The highest I've gotten in a main series game is 81, and that's with the trade bonus. Honestly can't tell how cool it is or isn't at this point, ya know?
It's very tough to get all Pokemon to level 100.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:39 PM   #8
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I had a team of Lv. 100s in Silver, but my save file got corrupted since my brother traded me a glitched TELEPORTing Scyther and all the data erased. OTL RIP Starswift the Meganium, Alkal the Pidgeot, Glide the Furret, Iceshade the Lapras, Cubey the Dugtrio, and MUSCLE the Machamp. ;;
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
I had a team of Lv. 100s in Silver, but my save file got corrupted since my brother traded me a glitched TELEPORTing Scyther and all the data erased. OTL RIP Starswift the Meganium, Alkal the Pidgeot, Glide the Furret, Iceshade the Lapras, Cubey the Dugtrio, and MUSCLE the Machamp. ;;
Maybe if you start a new Silver file you'll get these Pokemon back on your team again.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:53 AM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Generally not during the main storyline, but I have tons of level 100s. Numerous boxes of EV trained, level 100, battle-ready Pokémon, including a decent chunk of my Shiny collection, and a recently-completed collection of battle-ready Vivillon. I also get my main story teams to level 100 when I can, following the completion of their respective games, and rotate them around for getting around whatever my main version is (currently Ultra Sun).

I tend to have several level 100s in Gen 1 games, though these are unfailingly at that level by way of glitches in one way or another, be it Missingno.-cloned Rare Candies, being caught at a level above 100 and being used in battle, or using the Mew Glitch to get something at level 1 with the right experience group that a tiny bit of exp. skyrockets them to level 100.

Oh, and when I did a Koffing/Weezing solo run in X, Weezing hit level 100 as I was tackling the Elite Four.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:54 AM   #11
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Generally not during the main storyline, but I have tons of level 100s. Numerous boxes of EV trained, level 100, battle-ready Pokémon, including a decent chunk of my Shiny collection, and a recently-completed collection of battle-ready Vivillon. I also get my main story teams to level 100 when I can, following the completion of their respective games, and rotate them around for getting around whatever my main version is (currently Ultra Sun).

I tend to have several level 100s in Gen 1 games, though these are unfailingly at that level by way of glitches in one way or another, be it Missingno.-cloned Rare Candies, being caught at a level above 100 and being used in battle, or using the Mew Glitch to get something at level 1 with the right experience group that a tiny bit of exp. skyrockets them to level 100.

Oh, and when I did a Koffing/Weezing solo run in X, Weezing hit level 100 as I was tackling the Elite Four.
Cool. Training after you beat the main game is always a lot of fun.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #12
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Most of my level 100s have been because of grinding the E4 of various games for ash lol
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #13
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
Most of my level 100s have been because of grinding the E4 of various games for ash lol
The E4 is the best place to level up your pokemon in the entire game of pokemon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON