UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #501
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Naruxami:
Isaac smiled bashfully as Peony gushed over his victory while Ahri grinned triumphantly while she basked in her mother’s praise. Their reactions couldn’t have been more different, but all were eager to see if they could add to their team’s numbers. Isaac procured a Love Ball from his bag and chucked it at the fallen Oddish, the pink Pokeball popping open and pulling the plant Pokemon inside.

The Love Ball plopped down in the dirt and began to shake back and forth. It wiggled once… twice… three times before coming to a halt and let out a successful “Ding!” to signify a capture. Congratulations, Isaac has captured a lv.5 female Oddish!

“Congrats! That was awesome!” exclaimed Peony, happy as if she had made the capture herself. With the battle against Oddish now concluded, it was time for Isaac to deliver on his promise. All the while, Peony had already primped herself with her compact mirror to make sure her hair and makeup were up to par before nervously sliding up next to her idol. “Say cheese!” she grinned while holding out her phone at arm’s length and snapped a couple of quick pictures. “Thank you so much!” she said as she lowered her phone and turned to face Isaac. “Never did I ever think I’d get to meet you in a place like this! I’ll never forget this!” Realizing that she would probably end up keeping Isaac here all day if she didn’t stop talking his ear off, the teenage girl blushed a little. “So where do you plan to go next? Maybe I can help point you in the right direction if you’re not sure where to go… unless you might need a tour guide?” Peony gave him a hopeful smile as she looked for an excuse to get out of going back to work. There was still a lot more the Rose Garden had to offer. Plenty of flora and fauna to be found as well as a trial captain that could be challenged. What will Isaac do?
Ahri puffed out her cheeks feeling her mother rush over to her, pleased with herself and ready to feel the warm praise that her mother had to offer. Vinny licked the arrant tuffs of fur that were spiked up all over her daughter's body, giving a warm smile at seeing her daughter display the same ferocity she herself had become known for. As Vinny regroomed her daughter, she watched with disdain as the young gardener threw herself at Isaac. She rolled her eyes and let out a huff, watching as the girl ogled over him and commended him on his recent capture of Oddish. Who did she think she was? Besides, even if she was Isaac's type she was way too young. Vinny felt a certain sense of pride within, knowing that she would always be the only girl Isaac had eyes for.

Isaac walked over to the Love Ball, a sense of pride flowing over him. Not only had he caught a rather adorable grass type, he had also gotten to witness Ahri giving it her all. Every day she reminded him more and more of her mother, no wonder Vinny found her so hard to control. As Peony showered him with more praise, he felt his face light up like a Christmas tree. He was sure deep down that people held this type of admiration for him, but he had never actually experienced it in person. Realizing it was time to fulfill his promise, he took a deep breath. Moving closer to Peony as the duo took as many selfies as they could. Following the quick snapshots, Peony turned to Isaac telling him that she never thought she would meet him in a place like this and offering to show him around the Rose Garden.

"I'm just a trainer for now, never really got to experience that side of things." He smiled, pushing the Pokeball of his new Oddish into his pocket. "I'm on vacation over here in Fizzytopia, but I might be here to stay at this point. It's given me a lot of time to focus on the new album." He looked down at Vinny and Ahri, returning Ahri to her Pokeball, assuming she must be tired from her ordeal. He summoned Vinny to his side with a small hand motion and looked around. "You know, I would love a tour guide to show me around. I am just a tourist after all." He gave another smile, causing Vinny to grimace. The poor girl probably thought Isaac was flirting with her at this point. "I'm not really sure I'm up for the trial captain yet, but I'd love to see more of the Rose Garden."

[Picking up my female Oddish and naming her Iris! Declaring her ability to be Chlorophyll and giving her a Gentle nature!]
Old 05-03-2018, 03:16 AM   #502
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Maskerade:
As you watch over the sleeping Komala, your mind floods with violent fantasies of how you might conquer this trial. Your hand grips at your side, the suit of armor creaking and clunking as you move, but you find that this dream world has not even provided you with a sword. Instead, you call out Abbadon who appears in a flash of light. The Aerodactyl nearly hits his head on the ceiling and lets out a hiss. To complement your knight in shining armor, Abbadon is adorned with a leather saddle which he is attempting to pull off of himself. He turns his anger towards the sleeping Pokemon opening his jaws menacingly. You pull his attention back to you, knowing that letting your Aerodactyl eat this Komala might end in failure of the trial. After directing him to try to rouse the Komala with noise, he positions himself over the canopy bed.

Abbadon lets forth a Supersonic screech, you feel it reverberate in your knight’s helmet. The Komala scrunches up her face and rolls to one side, trying to get away from the noise. Its eyes are still firmly shut, and the little snore it makes lets you know it is definitely still asleep. The log in its arms is suddenly swung forward, and the Komala smacks itself in the face in confusion. Komala then Spins the log around Rapidly, hitting Abbadon in the snout and making him snarl. After the sudden fit, Komala settles back down into the pillow and relaxes.
"Well that was a spectacular f***-up," muttered Hush in annoyance as he tried to calm the belligerent Aerodactyl from devouring Komala after the Rapid Spin assault.

He admittedly didn't have high expectations for that initial approach. In real life the outcome would've been much the same, of course, as Komala's Comatose state was widely considered to be irreversible. Conventional methods for curing Sleep conditions had always proven ineffective, and even less conventional approaches to nullify or replace Komala's unique Ability had never been successful. In short, waking up a Komala was a scientific impossibility. Which meant...

I can't treat this idiot like a Komala. There's a reason I'm in a dream world dressed like a Lancelot cosplayer... that girl wants me to treat the Pokemon like an actual f***ing princess.

It had to be. Forcing any regular Komala to wake up could not be done - much like the curse from that ridiculous "Sleeping Beauty" fairy tale was supposed to be unbreakable. And while there were no known exceptions to the real-life rule that Komala are born and die asleep, there was one documented flaw in the fable's curse. And that had to be what the Trial Captain wanted him to do. It had crossed his mind, admittedly - but now that he thought about it, even though he was the one strapped to this ridiculous metal costume, where did it say Hush had to be the one to kiss the girl?

"Pahaliah, to me."

After recalling Abaddon, Hush summoned his Golett into the room. The automaton scanned his surroundings before turning to his Master, expressionless as always, but with the burning yellow light of his eyes telling Hush he was much more alive than it seemed.

"Long story short: that thing over there is supposed to be a princess and you're supposed to kiss it to make it wake up. Get smoochin'."

After a brief moment of hesitation - no doubt accessing the lengthy database of definitions and procedures he had incorporated from Dominion.exe's data prior to its deletion -, Pahaliah finally compiled all the necessary information and carried out the less-than-elaborate instructions. Bumbling forward, he approached Komala and clumsily leaned forward, gluing his lip-less face to the sleeping Pokemon's. Hush wasn't sure it counted on account of Pahaliah's anatomical limitations, but hopefully the intention would prevail over logic.

Because I sure as hell ain't doing that.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:40 PM   #503
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master:
(Shedinja is tricky to update so I’m taking a couple of liberties with its HP stat and ability, I hope you don’t mind.)
Things had gotten off to a fast start in the first round of Terri’s trial against Madoka. Some heavy hits were exchanged on either side, notably to the most aggressive Pokemon on each respective team; Godzilla the Larvitar and Anger the Ninjask taking the brunt of the damage. Not to be deterred, the two sides each resolved to press onward and adjusted their strategies for the next round of action.

“Godzilla, keep attacking!” Madoka called out, knowing her Larvitar’s personality well. He was a bit headstrong and would be inclined to keep up the assault. The small green, rocky reptile smiled through a winced expression, shaking off the Giga Drain before. “Laaarr!” he cried out and continued marching forward. His eyes were set on Observe, the Medicham who stoically stood before him, harnessing his chakra as he prepared to strike when the moment was right. A high pitched screech followed Godzilla from behind however, as the grounded Luna fired off a Supersonic wave to disorient her foe. Godzilla pressed onward, but as he looked across at Observe, the Medicham split into three. His head was clouded and his vision blurred, unsure which target was the right one.

Meanwhile, Tsuki the Lunatone’s previous attack had virtually no effect on the mystical defenses of Vanish the Shedinja, so it calmly closed its glowing red eyes and began to harness its Cosmic Power from the light of the moon above. Vanish took the opportunity to charge in and slammed into the floating rock with its best Endeavor. Unfortunately for it, the Shedinja hadn’t quite been pushed to the brink just yet, so Vanish’s desperation levels were somewhat low. Not to be deterred, the floating exoskeleton disappeared into the false moon’s Shadow and re-emerged behind Tsuki for a Sneak attack that was a bit more effective. Tsuki was ready for this however, and surged with an Ancient Power to strike the Shedinja right back. It was a direct hit, as Vanish was knocked back down lower to the ground, its Wonder Guard taking the hit and dissipating. Vanish was still able to battle, but it suddenly began to feel a bit more vulnerable.

Over on Madoka’s side of the battlefield, Anger the Ninjask had found herself in a situation that lived up to her name. Lulu the Lycanroc had hit her with a painful rock attack and then added insult to injury quite literally by Taunting her into combat. Anger fed on those emotions and darted at the bipedal wolf, Endeavoring to return that hit tenfold. Unlike Vanish’s strike, there was quite a bit more desperation behind Anger’s strike as she slammed into Lulu’s chest. Anger then latched on to the Lycanroc and began to Absorb some of Lulu’s energy. Lulu growled in anger and Crushed her Claws into the Ninjask’s back. The cicada screeched and scratched the wolf right back with a Metal Claw to cause the pair to break their deadly embrace. Seething in anger, Lulu struck Anger with all her might in hopes of causing a Reversal of fates. Despite the bug and flying type resisting much of the attack, Anger was still knocked back for considerable damage as both Pokemon began to breathe quite heavily.

Godzilla the Larvitar still wasn’t sure which Medicham he was seeing was the right one, so he chose the Observe on the right and fired of a Dark Pulse in its direction. Unfortunately, he guessed wrong, and the attack sailed harmlessly past the real Observe. By now, Luna had built up enough Power that was Stored inside her body and fired it off at the unsuspecting Larvitar. It struck Godzilla from behind, who yelped in pain as he fell over. With his final breath before falling unconscious, the small lizard’s eyes glowed before they shut. A breeze began to pick up in the surrounding area, kicking up a lot of dirt and dust from the mountainous terrain. Soon enough a Sandstorm had fully brewed, obscuring visibility on Terri’s side of the battlefield and gradually began to spread north towards Madoka’s side. It would be a good idea for Vanish to get out of there fast or else who knows how quickly the debris would batter its paper-thin defenses.

“Great job Godzilla,” Madoka said as she recalled her Larvitar to his Pokeball. Shishi the Carbink waited patiently by her flag and released an array of Stealth Rocks to surround her and the flag. Terri now had the numbers advantage, but with a grounded Luna and both Anger and Vanish in a precarious situation, who knew how much longer that could last. Madoka turned to her remaining Pokemon and issued her strategy for the next round. “Alright Lulu, Sucker Punch whoever looks to strike you next and if they back off then hit them with a Rock Tomb! Shishi, bolster your defenses with a Reflect and then your offenses with a Sharpen! Tsuki, let’s see if they can fight in the dark by creating a lunar eclipse and do your best to Block them from Healing!” With Madoka’s orders now set for the next round, it was up to Terri to decide what to do next.

TheKnightsFury:
Jayson had a decision to make; either trek up the rugged mountain path, or head onward into the dense cluster of trees. After feeding Ajax and Rockruff each with a Sitrus Berry to replenish their health, he sent out his Nidoking to join them for protection. Rockruff quickly chowed down on its berry and barked, thankful for the snack. For the time being, it seemed like it deemed Jayson and his Pokemon trustworthy enough to watch its back and decided against charging off on its own like it did before.

As they began making their way down the path and into the trees, the mountain air got eerily quiet. This can’t be a good sign, Jayson thought to himself as things seemed a bit too quiet. After a few moments of walking, Jayson and his Pokemon stopped. There was a rustle in the bushes in front of them as something large and fast darted by. A low growl slowly followed as all of Ajax and Rockruff’s fur stood on end. A large tan canine emerged from the bushes with its fangs bared. It was another Lycanroc, but this one was a midday form.

Little did they realize it, but by the time they did, it was already too late. Alexander the Nidoking’s big ears perked up and he spun around. Another Lycanroc emerged from the woods on either side as well as one from behind them. They were completely surrounded. They were outnumbered three Pokemon to four, but the wolves were wary of Jayson’s movements as well; if he were to reach for another Pokeball, they would likely pounce and try to bite his arm. Ajax and Alexander would have to do for now. As they braced themselves for battle, Rockruff pawed at Jayson’s leg. It looks like he wanted to join them in battle, and would go as far as joining Jayson’s team. What will you do?

Naruxami:
Peony’s eyes brightened as Isaac asked for her to give him a tour around the garden. “Of course! Anything for Isaac Casanova!” she said, with a grin. “Wherever you want to go, I’ll show you the way!” The star struck teenage girl was acting perhaps a tad overfamiliar, but it was probably for the best to let it slide for now. Leaving her gardening tools behind, Peony set off down the flowery path, going slow enough for Isaac and Pokemon to keep up.

Despite her previous demeanor, Peony was actually pretty professional of a tour guide as she went into recounting the Rose Garden’s history. There wasn’t too much of note, so Isaac politely listened while gazing at the flowers as they walked. Peony spoke of the Nightingale estate, a wealthy family of world renowned architects and Evangeline Nightingale, whose pure love of flowers and the Cloud Garden mixed with her genius as a landscaper gave birth to the garden before them today. Eventually she got sick and was unable to travel to her beloved garden anymore, but her daughter Primrose, heiress of the Nightingale estate remains to take care of the garden in her mother’s memory. Nowadays, the garden is presided over by four of Evangeline’s most trusted Pokemon; the so called four queens of the garden.

After a short while of walking, they came upon a large white gazebo that was located in the center of the garden. It had an intricate design, standing elegantly while ivy snaked up the supporting trellises that held up the roof. They headed up a few wooden steps that led up to the gazebo’s interior. Normally one would find Primrose resting here on a chase lounge with a story book in her hands, but she didn’t seem to be here today. Instead, there seemed to be a small commotion as four floral Pokemon bickered in the middle while a woman in her twenties stood back a few feet.

“Oh, Peony, thank god,” the woman called out, hurrying over to her and Isaac. Peony looked a bit confused as she looked across at the Pokemon. “What’s going on, Petunia?” The young woman named Petunia bit her lip and crossed her arms. “Well, it would seem that this pesky little Pansage took something from each of the four queens as a prank and has hidden them somewhere. For now, the little thief is on the loose, and the queens have pressured these guys to retrieve the stolen items. They’re all feeling a little heated right now, to say the least.”

As Isaac looked over at the squabbling Pokemon, he spotted a Sunflora, a Cherrim, a Jumpluff, and a Whimsicott. Judging from the context of what was going on, each seemed to be a representative of a different queen. “We don’t have a lot of clues to go on right now, but Jumpluff seems to think that Pansage fled into Queen Bellossom’s territory and wants to search it. However, Sunflora thinks they’re accusing Queen Bellossom of being behind it all and won’t grant them entry.”

Peony put a finger to her lips as if she was processing what was going on. “Hmm, as the representative gardener of Bellossom’s territory I could probably go give it a look, but…” she looked over at Isaac, “I’m currently giving a tour to this guest right now.” She then quickly mouthed to Petunia with stars in her eyes ‘It’s Isaac Casanova!’ Petunia simply shrugged, not a much of a music buff as her coworker was. It was up to Isaac now if he wanted to get involved in the Rose Garden’s affairs or simply continue his tour. If he was interested however, he had the option of looking for clues either here in the gazebo or back in Bellossom’s territory. What will he do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-07-2018, 07:53 PM   #504
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master:
(Shedinja is tricky to update so I’m taking a couple of liberties with its HP stat and ability, I hope you don’t mind.)
Things had gotten off to a fast start in the first round of Terri’s trial against Madoka. Some heavy hits were exchanged on either side, notably to the most aggressive Pokemon on each respective team; Godzilla the Larvitar and Anger the Ninjask taking the brunt of the damage. Not to be deterred, the two sides each resolved to press onward and adjusted their strategies for the next round of action.

“Godzilla, keep attacking!” Madoka called out, knowing her Larvitar’s personality well. He was a bit headstrong and would be inclined to keep up the assault. The small green, rocky reptile smiled through a winced expression, shaking off the Giga Drain before. “Laaarr!” he cried out and continued marching forward. His eyes were set on Observe, the Medicham who stoically stood before him, harnessing his chakra as he prepared to strike when the moment was right. A high pitched screech followed Godzilla from behind however, as the grounded Luna fired off a Supersonic wave to disorient her foe. Godzilla pressed onward, but as he looked across at Observe, the Medicham split into three. His head was clouded and his vision blurred, unsure which target was the right one.

Meanwhile, Tsuki the Lunatone’s previous attack had virtually no effect on the mystical defenses of Vanish the Shedinja, so it calmly closed its glowing red eyes and began to harness its Cosmic Power from the light of the moon above. Vanish took the opportunity to charge in and slammed into the floating rock with its best Endeavor. Unfortunately for it, the Shedinja hadn’t quite been pushed to the brink just yet, so Vanish’s desperation levels were somewhat low. Not to be deterred, the floating exoskeleton disappeared into the false moon’s Shadow and re-emerged behind Tsuki for a Sneak attack that was a bit more effective. Tsuki was ready for this however, and surged with an Ancient Power to strike the Shedinja right back. It was a direct hit, as Vanish was knocked back down lower to the ground, its Wonder Guard taking the hit and dissipating. Vanish was still able to battle, but it suddenly began to feel a bit more vulnerable.

Over on Madoka’s side of the battlefield, Anger the Ninjask had found herself in a situation that lived up to her name. Lulu the Lycanroc had hit her with a painful rock attack and then added insult to injury quite literally by Taunting her into combat. Anger fed on those emotions and darted at the bipedal wolf, Endeavoring to return that hit tenfold. Unlike Vanish’s strike, there was quite a bit more desperation behind Anger’s strike as she slammed into Lulu’s chest. Anger then latched on to the Lycanroc and began to Absorb some of Lulu’s energy. Lulu growled in anger and Crushed her Claws into the Ninjask’s back. The cicada screeched and scratched the wolf right back with a Metal Claw to cause the pair to break their deadly embrace. Seething in anger, Lulu struck Anger with all her might in hopes of causing a Reversal of fates. Despite the bug and flying type resisting much of the attack, Anger was still knocked back for considerable damage as both Pokemon began to breathe quite heavily.

Godzilla the Larvitar still wasn’t sure which Medicham he was seeing was the right one, so he chose the Observe on the right and fired of a Dark Pulse in its direction. Unfortunately, he guessed wrong, and the attack sailed harmlessly past the real Observe. By now, Luna had built up enough Power that was Stored inside her body and fired it off at the unsuspecting Larvitar. It struck Godzilla from behind, who yelped in pain as he fell over. With his final breath before falling unconscious, the small lizard’s eyes glowed before they shut. A breeze began to pick up in the surrounding area, kicking up a lot of dirt and dust from the mountainous terrain. Soon enough a Sandstorm had fully brewed, obscuring visibility on Terri’s side of the battlefield and gradually began to spread north towards Madoka’s side. It would be a good idea for Vanish to get out of there fast or else who knows how quickly the debris would batter its paper-thin defenses.

“Great job Godzilla,” Madoka said as she recalled her Larvitar to his Pokeball. Shishi the Carbink waited patiently by her flag and released an array of Stealth Rocks to surround her and the flag. Terri now had the numbers advantage, but with a grounded Luna and both Anger and Vanish in a precarious situation, who knew how much longer that could last. Madoka turned to her remaining Pokemon and issued her strategy for the next round. “Alright Lulu, Sucker Punch whoever looks to strike you next and if they back off then hit them with a Rock Tomb! Shishi, bolster your defenses with a Reflect and then your offenses with a Sharpen! Tsuki, let’s see if they can fight in the dark by creating a lunar eclipse and do your best to Block them from Healing!” With Madoka’s orders now set for the next round, it was up to Terri to decide what to do next.
(No problem.)

The Larvitar, apparently going by the name of Godzilla, was intent on continuing to attack, as Madoka knew he would be. This made Terri smile just a bit- he was quite similar to her own Ninjask in that regard. It also made her smile because as with her Ninjask, Terri knew that continuing to just go on the offensive could well prove its downfall. And sure enough, Luna's Supersonic caught him off-guard, successfully confusing him.

Tsuki, the Lunatone, meanwhile, had started to use Cosmic Power, and Vanish took this as its cue to use Endeavor. Terri tilted her head, almost as though confused as to why the attack didn't have the devastating effect she thought it would, but didn't question it. Neither did Vanish, the Shedinja following up with a super effective Shadow Sneak! Tsuki, however, retaliated with a direct hit from Ancient Power. It didn't knock the Shedinja out, another fact that seemed to bewilder Terri, but once again she didn't question it.

Flag? What flag? Anger wasn't in the mood to make a move for no stinking flag, not when that damn Lycanroc had the audacity to taunt her like that. A fierce exchange of attacks followed, and the Midnight Lycanroc landed a massively resisted Reversal that still hit for respectable damage, which told Terri just how weakened the Rock-type was. Useful information for sure.

Godzilla seemed to be seeing double, or even triple, in his confusion, and let fly a Dark Pulse... right past Observe. The Medicham actually gave a chuckle at this, and smirked as he noticed what Luna was doing. The Stored Power was the straw that broke the Numel's back, but before the Larvitar fainted, it made one last move, and one move that was sure to last- Sandstorm.

Madoka withdrew her unconscous Larvitar and proceeded to give orders to the others. Terri had a calm, vaguely curious look on her face as she thought fast, listening to Madoka's orders and formulating her own strategy for the next round. Her first instinct was to tell Anger to use Harden, but she knew full well that that wasn't a possibility, not as long as Taunt was still messing with the Ninjask's already disagreeable mind. No, it was either attack Lulu and take a Sucker Punch, or back off and take a Rock Tomb. And of the two, she knew which one she'd rather subject a Bug and Flying-type to. And as for the Sandstorm? Terri knew just what to do about that.

"Luna, Guardian Terrain!" was Terri's first order. "Then see if you can stop the Carbink's attacks by using Snatch, and then fire a Signal Beam at the Lunatone! Anger, use Metal Claw on the Lycanroc once more, then hit her with Fury Cutter after Fury Cutter- don't give her an opening to strike back if you can help it." She briefly considered having Vanish make an attempt at the flag, before remembering the Stealth Rock- yeah, no, that wasn't happening. "Vanish, it's time to take the Lunatone out of the picture," stated Terri. "Tire it out with Spite, then use Shadow Sneak to get in close behind it and strike, then follow up with Leech Life! And Observe, for now, use Psych Up to copy Luna's boosts, ideally after she steals Carbink's moves. Follow up with Acupressure if you have time, and if Lunatone or Lycanroc start closing in on you, repel them with your Hidden Power." Terri smiled, pleasantly confident in the orders she'd given, and her Pokémon's capability to follow said orders. Most of all, she was confident that these orders, if carried out as planned, would tip things in her favor.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:06 AM   #505
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:
Jayson had a decision to make; either trek up the rugged mountain path, or head onward into the dense cluster of trees. After feeding Ajax and Rockruff each with a Sitrus Berry to replenish their health, he sent out his Nidoking to join them for protection. Rockruff quickly chowed down on its berry and barked, thankful for the snack. For the time being, it seemed like it deemed Jayson and his Pokemon trustworthy enough to watch its back and decided against charging off on its own like it did before.

As they began making their way down the path and into the trees, the mountain air got eerily quiet. This can’t be a good sign, Jayson thought to himself as things seemed a bit too quiet. After a few moments of walking, Jayson and his Pokemon stopped. There was a rustle in the bushes in front of them as something large and fast darted by. A low growl slowly followed as all of Ajax and Rockruff’s fur stood on end. A large tan canine emerged from the bushes with its fangs bared. It was another Lycanroc, but this one was a midday form.

Little did they realize it, but by the time they did, it was already too late. Alexander the Nidoking’s big ears perked up and he spun around. Another Lycanroc emerged from the woods on either side as well as one from behind them. They were completely surrounded. They were outnumbered three Pokemon to four, but the wolves were wary of Jayson’s movements as well; if he were to reach for another Pokeball, they would likely pounce and try to bite his arm. Ajax and Alexander would have to do for now. As they braced themselves for battle, Rockruff pawed at Jayson’s leg. It looks like he wanted to join them in battle, and would go as far as joining Jayson’s team. What will you do?
Ajax and the Rockruff were looking better now that they had consumed their berries. Knowing Jayson's luck it wouldn't be long before they found themselves threatened once more. However Jayson was confident they could handle just about anything at this point, Ajax had grown considerably stronger, Alexander was more than capable of holding his own and the Rockruff seemed to be following commands.

As they walked through the grove of trees, it wasn't long before they were presented with another threat. It started with one Midday Lycanroc, a threat but one that could be handled easily enough. It wasn't long until they were surrounded though, three more Middays emerged to surround them on all sides, they had walked into an ambush. The Lycanroc looked determine to maintain their numbers advantage, sure to strike if Jayson went to even the odds. Rockruff however, seemed determined to help, a glimmer in its eye was all Jayson needed to reach for the empty Dusk Ball in his pocket.

"We need to fight as a team now Rockruff", Jayson said calmly, not wanting to trigger the Lycanrocs. "That means it is time for you to join the team, how does the name Fenrir sound to you?" He prepared to toss the ball at the Rockruff while Ajax and Alexander provided cover fire. "Ajax and Alexander, defensive positions! Ajax use Seed Bombs to keep the Lycanroc at bay, Alexander do the same with Poison Stings. If they get to close for comfort, smack them away with Needle Arms and Double Kicks!"

Old 05-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #506
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Raves: Amused, you encourage Totsuka to engage in the battle with the Pignite. The Shadow Zangoose sighed and placed her biscuits back in the container in your picnic basket, shooting a look at Cal to make sure he didn’t lay a claw on them.

“Booboo,” the girl called out the affectionate nickname of her Pignite, “Prep yourself with Work Up!” But her order went unheard. The Pignite was already enraged at Totsuka sticking her tongue out and Taunting her opponent. Booboo stomped angrily and steam erupted from her nostrils. “What!? Fine, Rollout!” The trainer commanded and Booboo rolled into a ball and headed straight for Totsuka. Not wanting dirt to get all over her biscuits, Totsuka stepped forward off the blanket and into the path of the rolling Pignite. She let out a Pulse of Water from her mouth which encircled the Pignite right before the Rollout hit her. Booboo spun out and tumbled away in the mud that Totsuka had created.

“Booboo! Get up! Try again!” The girl yelled. One of her friends had brought her a towel to wrap around the wound on her arm. She stared daggers at you, furious that you weren’t even involved in this battle as a trainer. The Pignite slowly picked herself up and shook off the remaining water. She curled back up into a ball, but took off in the opposite direction, smashing into a tree and hurting herself in confusion. Thinking the tree was her opponent, she lit it up with several Embers. Her trainer shrieked and attempted to snap her Pokemon out of it. A couple of her friends rushed over and attempted to put out the fire while another frantically searched through his bag to retrieve a Water-type.

Cal and Totsuka laughed, delighted at the ensuing shenanigans. Totsuka reached back into the basket to retrieve her biscuits only to come up empty-pawed. She hissed at Cal, who was again confused as to what had happened. He had been watching the battle. Before Totsuka could unleash her rage at the Garchomp, Gol motioned to a rustling cluster of bushes nearby.
Shadow pokemon.

As pokemon with their hearts closed, they were merciless battling machines, void of emotion. At least, that was what common thought had. In reality, a closed heart was not closed emotionally. No, shadow pokemon were merely pokemon with extreme physical and psychological tweaks, alike to people with uninformed disabilities...only more pronounced. For a Zangoose, one would expect the shadowfication process to supress all but their predatory instincts, turning them from dangerous hunters into ruthless monsters without empathy. And yet, as Alex crossed his arms, he knew that Totsuka was different from even that.

By the looks of the furious Pignite, the Zangoose's taunt had worked wonders, and as it ignored its trainers orders to get worked up, it curled up, prepared to steamroll clean over the ferret. Taking a hint from Cal, the Garchomp's cheery bark carrying the air of extended suffering should the food be harmed in any way, she closed some distance before hurling a pulsating globule of water into the Pignite's face, upsetting the hog but leaving her exposed to a light strike from the porcine pinball. As a side effect of the aqueous technique, the Pignite spun out on mud formed, and as it was left in delirium, its injured trainer could only glare towards Alex, who shrugged, made a motion towards the shadow pokemon, pointing to his gauntlet and hoping that she'd get the message why he isn't interfering.

Standing idly and watching her alleged opponent, Totsuka grinned as she watched the Pignite rolled up once more, and barreled into a tree, which it then set alight in confusion. Cackling at the sight, she watched as the girl's friends harried to the cause of stopping the scene from getting worse, while Alex merely gave a sagely nod, before returning to his sandwich as Totsuka returned to grab her biscuits...only to discover nothing. An irritated hiss from the shadow pokemon to the Garchomp led to Cal waving his claws in innocent protest, yet as the shenanigans happened the Golurk was vigilant. They had kept an eye on the basket and battle, and the cluster of bushes there was certainly suspicious. Giving a light clap to grab the Zangoose's attention (which was still a rather loud clap given the size) Golestandt pointed a finger towards the bushes rustling.

Totsuka was annoyed at this point. Here she was expecting a peaceful picnic, and some scrub was pilfering her biscuits? Claws outstretched, she quickly began to rush the bushes, ready to attack and flush out the perpetrator, prepared to knock off the bandit's loot and punish it for screwing with her via pursuit. Cal meanwhile looked at the Pignite and the budding fire, and felt a little guilty that a counter prank had exploded into such a farce. Without thinking, he inhaled and prepared to launch a mud shot towards the tree, the Pignite, and the teens trying to stomp out the fire. If that didn't help, then he'd form a big old twister to blow out the fire like a big birthday candle.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:56 PM   #507
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:
Median Dia-

(Lol, I just always assume most types resist themselves, oops!)

The enraged Rock Skin Pokemon, mouth agape and ready to Bite, immediately went after Berue’s vine as his target. He clamped down onto her outstretched limb, not letting go despite being whipped around. Despite the extra cargo, Berue still went after Lunatone. Both her vine and Godzilla hit Lunatone, and the Dark type move knocked the Lunatone straight out of the air. This Knocked Off the Larvitar as well, who was pinned to the ground with the weight of the fainted Lunatone.

Your Mawile took charge of the other side of the field. Miapladicus understood her directions, but seemed unsure of actually getting the flag. It eyed Carbink carefully, making sure it wouldn’t move again. Madoka’s Lycanroc looked over to your Staryu with worry, and Louise took advantage of the distraction. She leapt into the air, delivering a swift hit with the heavy mouth on the back of her head. Lulu keeled over in pain, bringing a claw to her injured maw. With the Lycanroc out of the way, Louise was able to quickly Switch places with her Ally Staryu. Miapladicus was thrown off by suddenly being in a new position, but celebrated when it Louise reaching for the flag. As you watched, everything seemed to move in slow motion. Louise’s hand reached out and wrapped around the flagpole. She removed it from its base, and held it high in the air. A loud pop broke the tense silence, Madoka had grabbed a party popper from somewhere and fired it off in celebration. The trial captain returned her fainted and tired Pokemon, and walked across the field to meet you.

“Congratulations! You beat my trial!” She enthused. Even in the dark, her smile lit up. She rustled in the pockets of her hakama for a moment, and pulled out a small trinket.

“This is the badge for the Stone Shrine! With one more from Samuel or Primrose, you’ll be able to scale the waterfall and go higher into the Cloud Garden.” She placed the badge in your hand. “I’d like to give you this as well, it's the TM for Stealth Rock” She placed the technical machine into your hands as well. “I hope you can make good use of it!”

The stone lanterns surrounding the shrine were now lit up, providing enough light for you and your Pokemon to see rather clearly. The moon was high in the sky now. Madoka yawned.
“It’s late, isn’t it? I’m sure you and your Pokemon are quite tired. You’re welcome to spend the night in the cabin here, and if you’d like in the morning you are welcome to stay around the Shrine. I also offer lessons in teaching your Pokemon Rock Smash, if you’re interested?”

You recieved the following
  • Stone Shrine Badge
  • TM 76 Stealth Rock
Lousie gained 4 levels!
Berue gained 3 levels!
Miapladicus gained 2 levels!
Elenchos gained 1 level!
It was a near-cinematic moment, the sort of event where a competent special effects team would've added a little more dazzle to ramp up the drama, even though it honestly wasn't needed in the slightest. Chroma couldn't help but hold her breath as Miapladicus made one final flight toward the goal, only to let out a shocked gasp when they suddenly seemed to take the Louise' form, already lunging with an arm outstretched. When, and which one, had learned such a trick, she honestly had no clue- but it proved to be the exact thing that they needed to achieve victory. And right when the odds were looking to way out of their favor, at that!

A sudden popping sound broke the tense atmosphere as everyone took a moment to truly register what had happened. "Congratulations! You beat my trial!" Madoka's confirmation was all the encouragement for the Mia/Plad to go into celebratory mode, spinning around quickly with its face to the night sky as a brilliant, Aurora-like Beam flying from their excitedly-blinking core and spreading out about 25 ft. or so into the sky.

Chroma, for her part, gave out a relieved sort of chuckle as she jogged toward her pokemon, giving Berue a high-five on the side that hadn't been chewed on as she passed. "Great work with the defense!" She made sure to keep enough distance from the staryu to avoid getting hit and met Madoka on the shrine maiden's side of the field. When was the last time she had felt this sort of euphoria? Not that the mage cared to contemplate the past now, of course, not with the feeling still very much in full swing. "Well, how's that for a surprise ending?" She asked, not expecting an answer.

Chroma graciously accepted her first Badge and held it up in the shimmering light her staryu was producing. It was of simple design for sure, a stone octagon that relied on the ribbon lattice attached to it to stand out in its own, simplistic sort of way. She had hardly enough time to admire it before Madoka pulled out another gift from her sleeve, this time a disk-like device that was all too familiar by now. "Stealth Rock, huh?" she echoed, twirling the TM around her finger. "I'm not sure I can make particularly good use of it the way things are now, but I'm certain that we can find a use for it at some point~!"

The moon was high in the sky now, and it seemed that even the Starshape Pokemon was beginning to lose adrenaline by now. In the distance, Louise passed the flag to Lulu with clear recognition of her once-foe's prowess, and Berue was cautiously keeping an eye on Godzilla as she made her own way toward the shrine. The visiting trainer sighed as the effects of the long day finally bore down upon her. "Yeah, it's definitely high time we all turned in for the night. Rock Smash sounds kinda... mundane, to be honest, but I know full well by now that the mundane is still handy at times, so... I think we'll be taking up your offer with the lessons as well. In the morning, of course~!"

~ ~ ~

*Louise was elevated from Lv. 33 to Lv. 37!*
*Louise learned Sucker Punch!*

*Berue was elevated from Lv. 28 to Lv. 31!*
*Berue learned Stun Spore!*

*Miapladicus was elevated from Lv. 19 to Lv. 21!*

*Elenchos was elevated from Lv. 26 to Lv. 27!*
*Elenchos learned Payback!*

*Chroma earned the Stone Shrine Badge!*
*Chroma obtained one TM Stealth Rock!*

Thanks for letting me participate in this one, and... sorry about the ridiculously long delay on wrapping it up. Somewhere around half a year's kinda ridiculous, don'cha think? Does this mean my title as first person to clear a Trial is now defunct?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"

Last edited by Median Dia; 05-11-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #508
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master:
As Madoka’s Larvitar fell in defeat and was removed from the battlefield, Terri’s Pokemon found themselves at a numbers advantage. However, who knew how long that would last with little Godzilla’s parting gift of a Sandstorm that began brewing on the southern half of the playing field and Terri’s pair of Nincada evolutions’ shredded defenses. Terri intently listened to Madoka’s strategy and prepared one of her own in order to counter it. Her Pokemon listened in intently and prepared themselves for more action to come.

Ready to get things started, Luna the Swoobat closed her eyes as the sand began to billow around her. A swirl of energy coursed out of her body and filled the earth around her as she set up a Guardian Terrain. She then began making her way north in order to launch a sneak attack on Madoka’s Carbink. The Swoobat wasn’t quite as fast on her feet, still feeling the effects of being grounded, but if she stretched her wings enough she could probably resume flight at this point. As Luna made her way under the cover of Godzilla’s Sandstorm, Shishi the Carbink carefully set up a Reflective barrier to join the floating Stealth Rocks from before.

Meanwhile, Anger the Ninjask was still locked in heated combat with Lulu the Midnight form Lycanroc. The speedy cicada darted in with her Claws bared with a Metallic sheen. However, the bipedal wolf was expecting the incoming assault and jabbed a nasty Sucker Punch in Anger’s direction. The Ninjask was sent flying backwards, but not without leaving a painful slash on Lulu’s arm. Lulu howled in pain and stomped the ground angrily, causing a Tomb of Rocks to spring up and engulf the Ninjask. Beneath the rubble, Anger was most certainly knocked unconscious, unable to resume battling.

Unable to grieve its fallen counterpart, Vanish the Shedinja cast some Spiteful thoughts toward the Lunatone that hovered high over the battlefield. It didn’t get too much of a reaction out of Tsuki, who slowly moved itself in front of the moon high in the night sky, casting a dark shadow that engulfed the entire Shrine. The Lunatone’s red eye turned a glowing pink as a psychic aura emanated down that Blocked all of Terri’s Pokemon from using Healing moves. Embracing the darkness, Vanish made good use of its namesake and disappeared only to reappear behind Tsuki once again, striking the Lunatone with a Shadow Sneak.

By now, Luna the Swoobat had enough time to make her way close enough to Shishi the Carbink on Madoka’s side of the battlefield. The Carbink was waiting around patiently, ready to protect their flag at a moment’s notice. As it waited, Shishi began Sharpening its wits and its mineral-like edges, but Luna was waiting for this. With as much as a telepathic tug, the Swoobat Snatched the effects and felt her combat senses become Sharper and ready to attack. However, instead of seizing the opportunity to attack Shishi, Luna turned to the sky to target the Lunatone. Unfortunately for Luna, the combined darkness cast by the lunar eclipse matched with the cloud of sand that had wafted this direction made visibility incredibly obscured and her Signal Beam fired off harmlessly, hitting nothing. Alerted to Luna’s location by the signal light, Shishi became on alert and Threw a flurry of Rocks that pelted Luna’s side. Deciding it was best to retreat with her cover blown, Luna made her way back towards Observe, who was patiently waiting. The Medicham detected his ally’s arrival and began Psyching himself Up before applying an Acupressure on his chakra points, heightening his Special Attack even further.

With Anger’s defeat, the numbers on either side of the battle field had been evened. Tsuki the Lunatone and Luna the Swoobat had both taken a fair amount of damage while Lulu the Lycanroc and Vanish the Shedinja were both push near the brink. On either side of the goals, Shishi the Carbink’s ultimate defense was matched by Observe the Medicham’s overflowing attack power. With visibility still obscured by the sand and the shadow cast by Tsuki’s eclipse, it was up to Terri on how to go from here.

TheKnightsFury:
While numbers weren’t on their side, Jayson was fortunate to have two of his biggest bodyguards at his side, and were supported by a type advantage at that. With the menacing Lycanrocs snarling at them from all directions, the young Rockruff had finally mustered up enough courage to throw his hat into the ring, offering to join Jayson’s team by doing so. Without creating any sudden movements to set off the angry wolves, Jayson reached down and offered a Dusk Ball to the Rockruff. The young pup looked up at it inquisitively and gave it a sniff before prodding it with his nose, allowing him to be pulled inside in the process. Without needing to shake even once, the ball let out a celebratory “Ding!” signifying the capture was a success. Congratulations, you have captured a lv.15 male Rockruff with the ability Own Tempo!

Deciding upon the name Fenrir for the newest member of his team, Jayson sent the Rockruff back out to help out in battle. As the Dusk Ball popped open with a flash, it set off the Lycanroc around them, who barked and growled while gnashing their jaws. Alexander the Nidoking fired off a flurry of needles, the Poison Stings hoping to keep the canines at bay, but one of the Lycanrocs summoned a Rock Tomb from the earth to form a protective wall. Ajax launched a Seed Bomb that quickly caused the rocky wall to crumble away, but as it fell, they noticed that the Lycanroc was no longer behind it. Ajax was suddenly struck from behind as a wolf slammed into him with an Accelerock while another delivered a nasty Bite on Alexander’s arm. As Ajax and Alexander punched and kicked their respective foes off with Needle Arms and Double Kicks for super effective damage, the two wolves gave out pained yelps. The other two came to their rescue, attacking each of the Nidoking and Chesnaught with a ramming Tackle.

Two of the four Lycanroc had taken solid hits, but all four were raring to go. The bulky Nidoking and Chesnaught seemed to have the defensive advantage despite being outnumbered, but as the wolves took turns to try and wear them down, this could quickly become a battle of attrition. What will Jayson do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-12-2018, 08:15 PM   #509
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master:
As Madoka’s Larvitar fell in defeat and was removed from the battlefield, Terri’s Pokemon found themselves at a numbers advantage. However, who knew how long that would last with little Godzilla’s parting gift of a Sandstorm that began brewing on the southern half of the playing field and Terri’s pair of Nincada evolutions’ shredded defenses. Terri intently listened to Madoka’s strategy and prepared one of her own in order to counter it. Her Pokemon listened in intently and prepared themselves for more action to come.

Ready to get things started, Luna the Swoobat closed her eyes as the sand began to billow around her. A swirl of energy coursed out of her body and filled the earth around her as she set up a Guardian Terrain. She then began making her way north in order to launch a sneak attack on Madoka’s Carbink. The Swoobat wasn’t quite as fast on her feet, still feeling the effects of being grounded, but if she stretched her wings enough she could probably resume flight at this point. As Luna made her way under the cover of Godzilla’s Sandstorm, Shishi the Carbink carefully set up a Reflective barrier to join the floating Stealth Rocks from before.

Meanwhile, Anger the Ninjask was still locked in heated combat with Lulu the Midnight form Lycanroc. The speedy cicada darted in with her Claws bared with a Metallic sheen. However, the bipedal wolf was expecting the incoming assault and jabbed a nasty Sucker Punch in Anger’s direction. The Ninjask was sent flying backwards, but not without leaving a painful slash on Lulu’s arm. Lulu howled in pain and stomped the ground angrily, causing a Tomb of Rocks to spring up and engulf the Ninjask. Beneath the rubble, Anger was most certainly knocked unconscious, unable to resume battling.

Unable to grieve its fallen counterpart, Vanish the Shedinja cast some Spiteful thoughts toward the Lunatone that hovered high over the battlefield. It didn’t get too much of a reaction out of Tsuki, who slowly moved itself in front of the moon high in the night sky, casting a dark shadow that engulfed the entire Shrine. The Lunatone’s red eye turned a glowing pink as a psychic aura emanated down that Blocked all of Terri’s Pokemon from using Healing moves. Embracing the darkness, Vanish made good use of its namesake and disappeared only to reappear behind Tsuki once again, striking the Lunatone with a Shadow Sneak.

By now, Luna the Swoobat had enough time to make her way close enough to Shishi the Carbink on Madoka’s side of the battlefield. The Carbink was waiting around patiently, ready to protect their flag at a moment’s notice. As it waited, Shishi began Sharpening its wits and its mineral-like edges, but Luna was waiting for this. With as much as a telepathic tug, the Swoobat Snatched the effects and felt her combat senses become Sharper and ready to attack. However, instead of seizing the opportunity to attack Shishi, Luna turned to the sky to target the Lunatone. Unfortunately for Luna, the combined darkness cast by the lunar eclipse matched with the cloud of sand that had wafted this direction made visibility incredibly obscured and her Signal Beam fired off harmlessly, hitting nothing. Alerted to Luna’s location by the signal light, Shishi became on alert and Threw a flurry of Rocks that pelted Luna’s side. Deciding it was best to retreat with her cover blown, Luna made her way back towards Observe, who was patiently waiting. The Medicham detected his ally’s arrival and began Psyching himself Up before applying an Acupressure on his chakra points, heightening his Special Attack even further.

With Anger’s defeat, the numbers on either side of the battle field had been evened. Tsuki the Lunatone and Luna the Swoobat had both taken a fair amount of damage while Lulu the Lycanroc and Vanish the Shedinja were both push near the brink. On either side of the goals, Shishi the Carbink’s ultimate defense was matched by Observe the Medicham’s overflowing attack power. With visibility still obscured by the sand and the shadow cast by Tsuki’s eclipse, it was up to Terri on how to go from here.
Just as the Sandstorm started to billow around Luna, she set up the Guardian Terrain. Terri smiled- one of the effects of Guardian Terrain was to nullify the effects of weather on the battlefield, which meant nobody, Vanish included, was to take damage from the Sandstorm. Whether it would stop the sand from impeding visibility was yet to be seen, but for right now, that much would suffice.

Anger dove in towards Lulu, claws gleaming with a silvery glow, and managed to land a super effective blow before being blown back by Sucker Punch. Lulu then followed this up with exactly the move Terri had been hoping to avoid subjecting Anger to- Rock Tomb. Anger was tenacious and stubborn as all hell, but could only be so tenacious in the face of a super effective move like that. She was knocked clean out by the move, a development that didn't surprise anyone.

Terri held out the Poké Ball. "Anger, undo," she said, withdrawing the Ninjask. "Thanks for your help," she said to the sphere with a small smile. "It won't go to waste."

As Terri put away the Poké Ball, she watched things continue to unfold. Vanish unleashed Spite upon the Lunatone, but the effects didn't seem to manifest in any noticeable way. If the move perturbed the Lunatone, it didn't let on any. Instead, it floated in front of the moon, shrouding the shrine in shadow. And then came the Heal Block. Terri didn't think too much of this until after Vanish landed another Shadow Sneak and didn't attempt to do anything else. Of course- Heal Block didn't just prevent moves like Recover and Synthesis. Draining moves were blocked as well! Vanish couldn't use its Leech Life attack!

Luna, meanwhile, successfully Snatched Shishi's Sharpen, boosting her own Attack (and finding it a Simple matter to boost it moreso than your average Sharpen user would be able to manage in a single use of the move), before trying to attack Tsuki... and failing, having aimed poorly due to the darkness. The Lunatone retaliated with a Rock Throw, though Luna was still able to head back towards Observe, affording the Medicham the chance to use Psych Up and copy the stat boosts, before following up with Acupressure, which bolstered his Special Attack even further.

Terri regarded the battlefield with a curious look. Guardian Terrain didn't seem to prevent the Sandstorm in and of itself, and merely stopped it from dealing its damage. It probably also prevented the Sandstorm from boosting the Special Defense of Madoka's various Rock-types, but that remained to be seen. Visibility was at an all-time low, between the Sandstorm and the Lunatone's shadow, but that much didn't bother Terri very much. Luna and Observe didn't necessarily need eyesight to monitor their surroundings, and Vanish was in a good position to deal with Tsuki anyway. Lulu might pose a problem, but was pretty severely weakened by this point. Nevertheless, it wouldn't do to have her complicating matters while trying to penetrate Shishi's defenses. Vaguely, Terri considered the notion that George might have been useful here with his Topsy-Turvy move, but didn't dwell on it long, for it wasn't an option at this point. She'd made her choices for this battle, and she had to work with them, and so she would.

"Vanish, stay on the Lunatone and finish it off," Terri instructed. "Endeavor and Shadow Sneak one more time- that should do it. Observe, use Mind Reader to keep your mind's eye on your opponents, and use Force Palm on any opponent that gets close enough for you to do so. Luna, go for the Carbink- Use Toxic, Stored Power, and then Stored Power once more! Don't worry about not being able to see it- your kind thrive in dark caves, I know you'll be able to find your target," she said encouragingly. She knew not whether Luna would employ her psychic abilities, echolocation, or a combination of the two to ensure her attacks hit their intended target, but she knew Luna had options beyond mere eyesight. Perhaps in the heat of battle she needed to be reminded of this, Terri supposed. And indeed, as Luna spread her wings, prepared to take flight once more, she agreed with what her Trainer was thinking. Silly of her, really, to let something like darkness mess with her, a bat Pokémon, like this. The Swoobat gave a mental chuckle as she pictured what Hedwig might have said had she known about this little slip-up.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:01 PM   #510
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:

TheKnightsFury:
While numbers weren’t on their side, Jayson was fortunate to have two of his biggest bodyguards at his side, and were supported by a type advantage at that. With the menacing Lycanrocs snarling at them from all directions, the young Rockruff had finally mustered up enough courage to throw his hat into the ring, offering to join Jayson’s team by doing so. Without creating any sudden movements to set off the angry wolves, Jayson reached down and offered a Dusk Ball to the Rockruff. The young pup looked up at it inquisitively and gave it a sniff before prodding it with his nose, allowing him to be pulled inside in the process. Without needing to shake even once, the ball let out a celebratory “Ding!” signifying the capture was a success. Congratulations, you have captured a lv.15 male Rockruff with the ability Own Tempo!

Deciding upon the name Fenrir for the newest member of his team, Jayson sent the Rockruff back out to help out in battle. As the Dusk Ball popped open with a flash, it set off the Lycanroc around them, who barked and growled while gnashing their jaws. Alexander the Nidoking fired off a flurry of needles, the Poison Stings hoping to keep the canines at bay, but one of the Lycanrocs summoned a Rock Tomb from the earth to form a protective wall. Ajax launched a Seed Bomb that quickly caused the rocky wall to crumble away, but as it fell, they noticed that the Lycanroc was no longer behind it. Ajax was suddenly struck from behind as a wolf slammed into him with an Accelerock while another delivered a nasty Bite on Alexander’s arm. As Ajax and Alexander punched and kicked their respective foes off with Needle Arms and Double Kicks for super effective damage, the two wolves gave out pained yelps. The other two came to their rescue, attacking each of the Nidoking and Chesnaught with a ramming Tackle.

Two of the four Lycanroc had taken solid hits, but all four were raring to go. The bulky Nidoking and Chesnaught seemed to have the defensive advantage despite being outnumbered, but as the wolves took turns to try and wear them down, this could quickly become a battle of attrition. What will Jayson do?
With Fenrir successfully captured, Jayson was certain that the three would be able to overcome the four Lycanroc. Their enemies seemed to battle in unison, they worked as a team, striking and retreating. Jayson dug into his bag, retrieving his Pokedex as well as a small purplish orb. The Pokedex he used on Fenrir, he needed to know what moves the pup was packing if he was going to join Ajax and Alexander in the fight. To Jayson's surprise, the Rock type packed a couple of interesting moves, as well as an unexpected ability.

"Catch Alexander!" Jayson tossed the Life Orb to the Nidoking, who felt an instant rush of power as the orb sent a burst of energy through his body. Jayson had been meaning to give the orb to the Nidoking for some time, he'd done some research and found that the Life Orb worked well with the Poison type's Sheer Force ability. They'd already done some damage to a couple of the Lycanroc, their best bet was to take down a couple at a time.

"Alexander, rush one of the already damaged Lycanroc's with a Smart Strike, then follow that up with a Drill Run! Ajax, grab the other damaged Lycanroc with Vine Whip then drain it with Giga Drain! Fenrir, Howl to boost your strength before letting out a Snarl to keep the other two at bay. Follow up with a Stomping Tantrum if they come at you!" Despite them holding the type advantage, Jayson was concerned that the Lycanroc would prove hard to handle.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:14 PM   #511
Patches
Shake it!

Meetan – Ivan was clearly pleased with himself when he saw how happy you were with the gift he gave you. “I’d have given you even more if I had known I’d get to see such a beautiful smile.” After you two chat a bit more you decide to spend the night in the cabin in one of the free rooms. Ivan and Franklin were there in the morning to see you off with a bittersweet smile. If it weren’t for his job, Ivan definitely would have taken you up on that offer to join you on your journey, but he knew that would be irresponsible. Seeing you off, Ivan waved his arm goodbye in the air as you got further and further away. “Don’t forget you have my number now! If you ever need me I’m just a phone call away!” It wasn’t long before him and Franklin disappeared over one of the many large hills and you were on your own with your Pokemon once again, this time with a new addition!

You and your team didn’t have to travel far before reaching your next destination and Dutchess was clearly happier than she had been in a very long time, perhaps ever. As you were taking in your surroundings and happily anticipating what was to come, you were suddenly approached by a very sweet looking old lady. “Oh, hello there dear! Welcome to Oran Orchard!” She pulled a plain white handkerchief out of her apron and began to gently pat the sweat off her brow before she continued. It’s clear that despite her age, she is still working hard. “My name is Granny Smith and this farm has been in the family for generations, but it was only recently that we opened it to the public so I’m still getting used to these little greetings but it’s nice to see new faces around here. So what can we do for you, sweetheart? We have plenty of berries and apricorns to go around but all we ask is that you help out a bit first. Perhaps you could help my grandson Isaac?” She points to an area along the edge of the farm where there is a very large structure with Combee’s flying in and out of it. There are also a few Combee’s that are combined to make what looks like large honeycomb. Near there, you can see a teenage boy.

“That is my grandson Isaac, today is the first day where collecting Honey is his responsibility and I’m sure he’d appreciate the help!” As soon as Granny finishes that statement, you watch as several Combee charge at the boy. “W-whoa!!” He falls back on his bum, spilling honey he had collected in his pail all over the ground, and then begins to crawl away like his life depends on it while the Combee continue to give chase. “AHHHH!” The boy is frazzled and suddenly a Herdier comes charging out of nowhere to his rescue, barking at the bees all the while. “Oh…” Granny Smith clears her throat awkwardly and then turns to point in the opposite direction, this time at a teenage girl who is calmly humming a lovely tune while picking some Oran Berries. “Perhaps you’d rather help my granddaughter Ringo? If you could fill a couple of buckets up with Oran Berries that would be wonderful help and I would gladly reward you for your services!” Granny begins to pat sweat off her brow with her handkerchief once again as she looks back at Isaac who is currently brushing dirt off of his knees and has a look of fear on his face. “He’ll be fine… Don’t you worry… He’s a strong boy…”

------------------

Missingno. Master – Things were really heating up! Both sides were similarly matched, and this was still anyone’s win. The darkness mixed with the sand that was blowing through the air caused some visibility issues but neither side seemed to be all that worried about such a disadvantage being a problem. Once you finish issuing strategy to your Pokemon, everyone gets to work immediately. Madoka watches as her Pokemon think for themselves this round, confident that they know what they’re doing.

First, Vanish the Shedinja continues to target Tsuki the Lunitone and uses Endeavor in order to make them more evenly matched. Despite the darkness, the attack lands but at practically the same time, Tsuki shoots off a Power Gem attack at practically point-blank range. The super effective move is, well, super effective and Vanish is unable to go into their second attack before they fall from the sky and land with a thud completely knocked out on the ground. The Lunatone is still blocking the moonlight but is also a bit out of breath, it’s clear that the Pokemon is barely hanging on at this point. In a separate part of the field, Luna the Swoobat has a newfound confidence and is maneuvering through the darkness right toward Shishi the Carbink for another attempt at getting that flag. Before even reaching the Carbink, Luna begins to spit out a very Toxic substance that rains down all over Shishi causing the Carbink to be badly poisoned. In retaliation, Shishi Throws a Rock in Luna’s direction which nicks Luna’s right wing practically knocking her out of the air and also causing the first Stored Power she was releasing to completely miss. This doesn’t discourage her though, and once she’s back in the air she releases a second Stored Power, this one hitting her target despite the darkness. The Carbink certainly felt that it was clear, but it also was still very much on guard and charged in and Tackled the Swoobat back because she was getting too close to the flag for comfort.

Where the other flag is located, Observe the Medicham was concentrating in order for him to Read the Mind of any Pokemon that dare approach. There was no way any opponent was going to take him by surprise no matter how dark it is. However, he didn’t hone in on the approaching threat fast enough to see Lulu the midnight Lycanroc Quickly charging in to Attack him off guard. The Medicham is tackled to the ground and Lulu is charging straight for the flag in the dark. But Observe was now locked onto the Lycanroc since his Mind Reader was in effect and when Lulu’s teeth were mere inches away from grabbing the flag, Observe used his Force Palm to smack the Lycanroc away, sending Lulu tumbling through the dirt. The Lycanroc isn’t getting up anytime soon and appears to be knocked out. Upon witnessing their friends defeat, Tsuki slowly moves away from the moon, allowing the moonlight to illuminate the field once again. The Lunatone seems to have its eye on your flag now. The Carbink was also staring down Luna pretty hard and this really seemed to be neck and neck at this point.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #512
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches View Post
Meetan – Ivan was clearly pleased with himself when he saw how happy you were with the gift he gave you. “I’d have given you even more if I had known I’d get to see such a beautiful smile.” After you two chat a bit more you decide to spend the night in the cabin in one of the free rooms. Ivan and Franklin were there in the morning to see you off with a bittersweet smile. If it weren’t for his job, Ivan definitely would have taken you up on that offer to join you on your journey, but he knew that would be irresponsible. Seeing you off, Ivan waved his arm goodbye in the air as you got further and further away. “Don’t forget you have my number now! If you ever need me I’m just a phone call away!” It wasn’t long before him and Franklin disappeared over one of the many large hills and you were on your own with your Pokemon once again, this time with a new addition!

You and your team didn’t have to travel far before reaching your next destination and Dutchess was clearly happier than she had been in a very long time, perhaps ever. As you were taking in your surroundings and happily anticipating what was to come, you were suddenly approached by a very sweet looking old lady. “Oh, hello there dear! Welcome to Oran Orchard!” She pulled a plain white handkerchief out of her apron and began to gently pat the sweat off her brow before she continued. It’s clear that despite her age, she is still working hard. “My name is Granny Smith and this farm has been in the family for generations, but it was only recently that we opened it to the public so I’m still getting used to these little greetings but it’s nice to see new faces around here. So what can we do for you, sweetheart? We have plenty of berries and apricorns to go around but all we ask is that you help out a bit first. Perhaps you could help my grandson Isaac?” She points to an area along the edge of the farm where there is a very large structure with Combee’s flying in and out of it. There are also a few Combee’s that are combined to make what looks like large honeycomb. Near there, you can see a teenage boy.

“That is my grandson Isaac, today is the first day where collecting Honey is his responsibility and I’m sure he’d appreciate the help!” As soon as Granny finishes that statement, you watch as several Combee charge at the boy. “W-whoa!!” He falls back on his bum, spilling honey he had collected in his pail all over the ground, and then begins to crawl away like his life depends on it while the Combee continue to give chase. “AHHHH!” The boy is frazzled and suddenly a Herdier comes charging out of nowhere to his rescue, barking at the bees all the while. “Oh…” Granny Smith clears her throat awkwardly and then turns to point in the opposite direction, this time at a teenage girl who is calmly humming a lovely tune while picking some Oran Berries. “Perhaps you’d rather help my granddaughter Ringo? If you could fill a couple of buckets up with Oran Berries that would be wonderful help and I would gladly reward you for your services!” Granny begins to pat sweat off her brow with her handkerchief once again as she looks back at Isaac who is currently brushing dirt off of his knees and has a look of fear on his face. “He’ll be fine… Don’t you worry… He’s a strong boy…”
The greeting was sudden and sweet, and Alice thought the name was awfully well suited. Hell, it was almost mean, but it was probably a title she chose to go by on purpose, especially with a daughter called Ringo. Alice wondered if Isaac's name was also linked somehow, but there wasn't really time to ask. Ringo was having a lovely time, but Isaac and that Herdier were a mess.

"You know what? Why don't we cheat and do both." She offered. Alice tugged at one of Bentley's shimmering leaves in her hair, coaxing the Pokemon to unfurl himself, much to his chagrin. While she did, she took out a Love Ball, releasing a Machop. "Nani, go and help Ringo over there with putting oran berries in buckets, okay? We'll be over after this fight." She said. The fighting type peered over at poor Isaac with some concern but nodded anyway, Bentley taking a moody spot next to Dutchess as they squared up the angry Combee. Alice could sympathise with the kid to be honest. Beedrill and other angry bugs scared the living lights out of her.

"Bentley, get these bugs with Weather Ball and Acid Spray! Dutchess, Mimic Bentley's Acid Spray and use Hyper Voice!" The trainer called, perfectly ready to show off. Dutchess barked, waiting for the Bellsprout to charge a sphere of elemental energy that hurtled towards the onslaught of bugs, following it up with a venomous spout from its round mouth. Seconds later, Dutchess arched her back before launching a similar chute of poison from her own mouth. It was different to have a trainer who came in with a plan and this level of enthusiasm, but hey, Dutchess was here for it even if her partner was a grump!
Old 05-14-2018, 01:08 AM   #513
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master – Things were really heating up! Both sides were similarly matched, and this was still anyone’s win. The darkness mixed with the sand that was blowing through the air caused some visibility issues but neither side seemed to be all that worried about such a disadvantage being a problem. Once you finish issuing strategy to your Pokemon, everyone gets to work immediately. Madoka watches as her Pokemon think for themselves this round, confident that they know what they’re doing.

First, Vanish the Shedinja continues to target Tsuki the Lunitone and uses Endeavor in order to make them more evenly matched. Despite the darkness, the attack lands but at practically the same time, Tsuki shoots off a Power Gem attack at practically point-blank range. The super effective move is, well, super effective and Vanish is unable to go into their second attack before they fall from the sky and land with a thud completely knocked out on the ground. The Lunatone is still blocking the moonlight but is also a bit out of breath, it’s clear that the Pokemon is barely hanging on at this point. In a separate part of the field, Luna the Swoobat has a newfound confidence and is maneuvering through the darkness right toward Shishi the Carbink for another attempt at getting that flag. Before even reaching the Carbink, Luna begins to spit out a very Toxic substance that rains down all over Shishi causing the Carbink to be badly poisoned. In retaliation, Shishi Throws a Rock in Luna’s direction which nicks Luna’s right wing practically knocking her out of the air and also causing the first Stored Power she was releasing to completely miss. This doesn’t discourage her though, and once she’s back in the air she releases a second Stored Power, this one hitting her target despite the darkness. The Carbink certainly felt that it was clear, but it also was still very much on guard and charged in and Tackled the Swoobat back because she was getting too close to the flag for comfort.

Where the other flag is located, Observe the Medicham was concentrating in order for him to Read the Mind of any Pokemon that dare approach. There was no way any opponent was going to take him by surprise no matter how dark it is. However, he didn’t hone in on the approaching threat fast enough to see Lulu the midnight Lycanroc Quickly charging in to Attack him off guard. The Medicham is tackled to the ground and Lulu is charging straight for the flag in the dark. But Observe was now locked onto the Lycanroc since his Mind Reader was in effect and when Lulu’s teeth were mere inches away from grabbing the flag, Observe used his Force Palm to smack the Lycanroc away, sending Lulu tumbling through the dirt. The Lycanroc isn’t getting up anytime soon and appears to be knocked out. Upon witnessing their friends defeat, Tsuki slowly moves away from the moon, allowing the moonlight to illuminate the field once again. The Lunatone seems to have its eye on your flag now. The Carbink was also staring down Luna pretty hard and this really seemed to be neck and neck at this point.
Things were getting intense. Right away, things took a turn for the unfortunate- Vanish landed its Endeavor, but at the same time, Tsuki had fired off a Power Gem. A point-blank super effective move that the Shedinja had no hope of evading, and even less hope of withstanding.

Terri held out the Friend Ball. "Vanish, undo," she said, withdrawing the Bug/Ghost-type. "Thanks so much," she smiled. "We got it from here."

Luna was brimming with newfound confidence as she dove in to attack Shishi. The Toxic attack was a direct hit. Terri smiled, knowing that this was the influence of Luna's previous Trainer shining through here- new as she was to Fizzytopia, Keith Masters had a well-deserved reputation as a Poison-type master, and she knew it very well. The Carbink's retaliatory Rock Throw was unfortunate, as it caused Luna's first use of Stored Power to wildly misfire, but the Swoobat was able to land a perfect hit with the second one. The Swoobat, however, then took a Tackle attack.

Lulu, meanwhile, was making a run for the flag. Observe executed a Mind Reader but was unable to do so in time to anticipate the Quick Attack. And not without reason- neither Terri nor any of her Pokémon were under the impression that the Midnight Form of Lycanroc could even learn Quick Attack. And indeed, this move put Lulu within inches of nabbing the flag, but Observe was quick to respond, sending the Rock-type flying with a super effective Force Palm. Lulu tumbled across the dirty battlefield, and as she came to rest, she had been knocked out. And Terri could see this- Tsuki had moved away from the moon, letting moonlight shine down on the battlefield once more. What was more, Tsuki seemed ready to make a move on the flag. It only made sense, Terri figured, considering both Lulu and Godzilla had fainted. Likewise, with Anger and Vanish unconscious, this only left Luna to nab the flag that Shishi was guarding.

"Observe, keep the Lunatone at bay," said Terri. "Let fly your Hidden Power as soon as it gets within range. Luna, let's get that flag!" she added. "Use Supersonic and see if you can get the flag while it's confused. If you need to, fight back with Stored Power followed by Assurance!"
Old 05-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #514
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
ilbluecorsola:
The air around Jess and her accompanying Pokemon was heavy, humid, and thick, hanging over them like an ominous blanket as they had gone deep into the jungle of fruit trees in the Rose Garden’s tropical grove. Morelull seemed to be popping up around them in all directions and continued their giggling like mischievous little spirits that inhabited the orchard.

Seeing as they were completely surrounded by the fungus Pokemon, Jess deemed it would probably be more productive to work through this peacefully than to battle their way out. However, she did keep Iris and her other Pokemon on guard as she turned to address the crowd of Morelull. As she asked about the whereabouts of the missing Flabébé, Comfey nervously held up the small flower petal to show to the orchard’s inhabitants. There was a hushed murmur of whispers that echoed across the path for a brief moment before the giggles resumed like before. Comfey and the others weren’t sure if that was a good sign or a bad sign, but the Morelull that had previously knocked down from its own Confuse Ray had finally regained its senses and stood in the trail before them. “More!” it exclaimed and began hopping away down the path, beckoning for them to follow.

It wasn’t too long before the group had finally arrived at a large clearing in the trees. There were fungi everywhere as mushrooms concealed the tree trunks like parasites and covered the ground like a carpet. Before them stood an alien-like creature; a tall mushroom with arms and legs with a large cap on its head. Atop the mushroom’s cap was a crown of flowers, as it had been deemed the ruler over this section of the orchard. Sitting on the Shiinotic’s shoulder was none other than Comfey’s missing friend, Flabébé. However, there was something off about it. There was a distant look in the small fairy’s eyes as if it were having an out of body experience. “Fey! Comfey!” the wreath Pokemon cried out, hovering off of Jess to get its attention to no avail. The incessant giggling of Morelull around them ceased as Shiinotic stepped forward to see why the guests had intruded on their orchard. What will Jess do?
In response to their question, a rustle of murmurs rippled through the crowd of mushrooms, before the giggles resumed again. Jess wasn't sure whether to take this as a good or bad sign, but the Morelull that had previously incapicitated itself now seemed to regain its senses and stood up, beckoning for the group to follow before hopping along the path. The gang glanced warily to each other, but agreed to pursue for lack of any better clues, leaving an unnerving wall of whispers in their wake.

It wasn't long before their bouncing guide led to them a large clearing in the woods, almost completely infested with fungi as they crawled insidiously over the rotten tree trunks and carpeted the entire forest floor (some of which blinked creepily at her like an ocean of black eyes and bulbs). In its center bloomed a towering purple stalk, more breathtaking than its brethren as it glowed with an almost unearthly light. Atop its giant umbrella cap lay a crown of flowers, denoting its status as sovereign of the chitin kingdom. ...However, more striking was the fact that sitting beneath the shade on its shoulder was none other than the missing Flabébé they were seeking. Its eyes appeared dazed and distant though, seemingly oblivious of its surroundings. For it didn't even stir when Comfey shouted and waved in a desperate attempt to get its attention, utterly unaware of sound or salvation.

The movement inevitably garnered a response from royalty though, as the mushroom monarch stepped forth to see what had brought these intruders upon its land. The sighing undertones around them ceased into silence to make way for their majesty, parting like waves before its mass. Jess gulped as she carefully avoided the shuffling sea of shrooms to come face to face with the eerie emperor, steeling herself as she addressed respectfully.

"Greetings, your- uh- shroominess. We apologize for causing a disturbance, but we came in search of a friend of ours who went missing. We believe that Flabébé there on your shoulder is the one we're looking for." She pointed directly at the dreaming pixie, swallowing anxiously lest their request be denied. "If you'd be so kind as to let it down, I promise we'll just be on our way."
Old 05-28-2018, 02:03 AM   #515
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo – After a much needed good night’s rest, you find yourself feeling refreshed and start the day nice and early. They even had free refreshments set out for traveler’s so you won’t even be traveling on an empty stomach! There was no ranger waiting to greet you at the front desk though, it may be before their shift starts or something, but one thing that you do notice on the desk is a stack of maps that seemed to have what you were looking for.

After taking the map that contains all of Cloud Garden, you seem to be all set and head out!

The way to the Starline Waterfall was pretty straight forward, especially because you had encountered a few signs along the way that had directed you toward just following the river to your destination. It is the destination for any travelers who want to get to the second level after all, so it makes sense that there would be signs for it, it’s actually odd that you hadn’t noticed them before now. As you approach the waterfall one thing that you notice immediately is that, you aren’t the only person here. Not by a long shot. There are several trainers riding their Pokemon up the waterfall to go to other places but there were also trainers and just regular families having picnics at the water’s edge as well as Pokemon playfully jumping in and out of the water and even people taking photos while trying to get the waterfall in the background. You knew that you needed to find this Marina Swift person but didn’t know how exactly you were supposed to do that with all these people when you don’t even know what she looks like, she could be anyone.

There was, however, someone that stood out. There was a woman with blue hair, pulled up in a ponytail, riding, well more like surfing, on a Gyarados. The Gyarados was speeding through the water while the woman stood on top of it with confidence, there was no sign that she was going to fall at all, it was like she was made for this. Suddenly, she looks your way and you make eye contact. It feels a little awkward since she caught you staring but she doesn’t seem to mind, in fact, she calls for her Gyarados to change direction and is now coming right for you. Next thing you know she hops off his back and onto the land right where you stand. “Hello there, I haven't seen you around here before!” The woman speaks to you cheerfully. “I figured I’d introduce myself, my name is Marina Swift and I’m one of the trial captains here in the Cloud Garden. I don’t do my trials here though, those are held over in the Fountain Garden, but I spend a lot of my time here too so that I can help people get up to the second level. You had a certain look on your face that told me that you were here for a reason, so I just wanted to check on you. If you want to head up to the top of the waterfall, you’ll need one of your Pokemon to climb it. I also can’t allow you to go up there without proof that you’ve beaten one of the trials down here, you know, rules and all. Of course, I could be getting ahead of myself, you’re welcome to hang out down here if you’d like!”
After a good night's sleep, Melissa grabbed some breakfast and a map and settled in to look it over, marking places of interest for future explorations as she ate. Once she was done, she stopped by the PC and then headed out, following the signs towards the Starline Waterfall.

Turns out, it wasn't exactly hard to find the place, since it did connect the first and second levels of the mountain, and there were signs everywhere pointing out the path. She...probably hadn't really paid much attention to them, figuring that Pidgey might be commonplace enough that she wouldn't have to climb the mountain for one, but that turned out to be...not exactly the situation.

Regardless, it didn't take her long to reach the waterfall, spotting trainers climbing the falls and people picnicking on the banks as Pokémon splashed about. She made a note to herself to keep the place in mind for a summer visit as she scanned the people for...anyone that looked like they might be a Marina Swift?

There was a lady surfing confidently on a Gyarados, Melissa noticed, who turned towards her as though she'd felt Melissa's gaze on her. Melissa blinked and shot her a sheepish grin, even as the lady had her Gyarados bring her over to Melissa.

"Hello there, I haven't seen you around here before!" she said, once she'd hopped off her Pokémon and landed nearby. "I figured I'd introduce myself, my name is Marina Swift and I'm one of the trial captains here in the Cloud Garden." Oh. This was exactly who Melissa needed to find. Awesome! "I don't do my trials here though, those are held over in the Fountain Garden, but I spend a lot of my time here so that I can help people get up to the second level. You had a certain look on your face that told me that you were here for a reason, so I just wanted to check on you. If you want to head up to the top of the waterfall, you'll need one of your Pokémon to climb it. I also can't allow you to go up there without proof that you've beaten one of the trials down here, you know, rules and all. Of course, I could be getting ahead of myself, you're welcome to hang out down here if you'd like!"

Cheerful, but Melissa figured most of the trial captains had to be alright with people, since they seemed like both guardians and guides in this place.

Melissa nodded at the falls. "I'm planning to head up to the Cloud Shrine. Samuel recommended it and Jet, since I'm looking for a Pidgey. I haven't had much luck finding them, but, hopefully, this time's the charm, huh?" She grinned and fished out the Cutter Badge Samuel'd handed her after she won the trial. "Not entirely sure what you're looking for as proof, but does this count?"
Old 05-28-2018, 06:28 PM   #516
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Naruxami:
Peony’s eyes brightened as Isaac asked for her to give him a tour around the garden. “Of course! Anything for Isaac Casanova!” she said, with a grin. “Wherever you want to go, I’ll show you the way!” The star struck teenage girl was acting perhaps a tad overfamiliar, but it was probably for the best to let it slide for now. Leaving her gardening tools behind, Peony set off down the flowery path, going slow enough for Isaac and Pokemon to keep up.

Despite her previous demeanor, Peony was actually pretty professional of a tour guide as she went into recounting the Rose Garden’s history. There wasn’t too much of note, so Isaac politely listened while gazing at the flowers as they walked. Peony spoke of the Nightingale estate, a wealthy family of world renowned architects and Evangeline Nightingale, whose pure love of flowers and the Cloud Garden mixed with her genius as a landscaper gave birth to the garden before them today. Eventually she got sick and was unable to travel to her beloved garden anymore, but her daughter Primrose, heiress of the Nightingale estate remains to take care of the garden in her mother’s memory. Nowadays, the garden is presided over by four of Evangeline’s most trusted Pokemon; the so called four queens of the garden.

After a short while of walking, they came upon a large white gazebo that was located in the center of the garden. It had an intricate design, standing elegantly while ivy snaked up the supporting trellises that held up the roof. They headed up a few wooden steps that led up to the gazebo’s interior. Normally one would find Primrose resting here on a chase lounge with a story book in her hands, but she didn’t seem to be here today. Instead, there seemed to be a small commotion as four floral Pokemon bickered in the middle while a woman in her twenties stood back a few feet.

“Oh, Peony, thank god,” the woman called out, hurrying over to her and Isaac. Peony looked a bit confused as she looked across at the Pokemon. “What’s going on, Petunia?” The young woman named Petunia bit her lip and crossed her arms. “Well, it would seem that this pesky little Pansage took something from each of the four queens as a prank and has hidden them somewhere. For now, the little thief is on the loose, and the queens have pressured these guys to retrieve the stolen items. They’re all feeling a little heated right now, to say the least.”

As Isaac looked over at the squabbling Pokemon, he spotted a Sunflora, a Cherrim, a Jumpluff, and a Whimsicott. Judging from the context of what was going on, each seemed to be a representative of a different queen. “We don’t have a lot of clues to go on right now, but Jumpluff seems to think that Pansage fled into Queen Bellossom’s territory and wants to search it. However, Sunflora thinks they’re accusing Queen Bellossom of being behind it all and won’t grant them entry.”

Peony put a finger to her lips as if she was processing what was going on. “Hmm, as the representative gardener of Bellossom’s territory I could probably go give it a look, but…” she looked over at Isaac, “I’m currently giving a tour to this guest right now.” She then quickly mouthed to Petunia with stars in her eyes ‘It’s Isaac Casanova!’ Petunia simply shrugged, not a much of a music buff as her coworker was. It was up to Isaac now if he wanted to get involved in the Rose Garden’s affairs or simply continue his tour. If he was interested however, he had the option of looking for clues either here in the gazebo or back in Bellossom’s territory. What will he do?
Vinny rolled her eyes seeing the girl so wrapped up in Isaac. Sure, he wasn't as public as he should be with his personal affairs and preferences... but the fact he had hardly ever even been seen with women should have been a dead giveaway for the young girl. Isaac never helped himself either. His easily flustered nature made him appear so entranced by all the female fans that flocked in his direction. Her ears flicked irritably realizing they would be stuck with this girl for an extended period of time.

Isaac looked down at Vinny, he knew she'd adore the garden but he was sure he'd have many other Pokemon who would admire it as well. He fiddled around in his bag before gripping Milo's pokeball and releasing the small Treecko into the beautiful garden. As the light cleared, Milo's eyes widened. He had never been anywhere like this. He clasped his hands together, admiring the view. Vinny smiled seeing her adoptive son's best friend looking so happy. She always worried about him since they found him looking so depressed at the adoption center. She had always wondered about his real parents, but he had really come out of his shell since Ophelia took him in.

As Isaac walked alongside Peony, he listened to her thoughtfully recite the history of the Cloud Garden and this beautiful Rose Garden. Vinny stopped to sniff a few flowers while Milo stuck close behind his trainer, ensuring that he wouldn't be left behind. As they continued, Isaac saw a beautiful gazebo. He would adore something like this back at his cabin, it was so intricate, and it rang of adoring craftsmanship.

However, Isaac's mind was quickly ripped away from the gazebo --- looking instead at the loud bickering of the grass types in the center. Another woman, looking somewhat like Peony while also looking very concerned quickly approached them. She quickly recounted this issues the Cloud Garden was facing to Isaac and Peony, while gesturing to the other Pokemon. Milo looked concerned hearing the arguing, but he was too nervous to approach and attempt to listen to the reason they were fighting. Peony explained that she was giving Isaac a tour and that she was currently a little busy, Isaac shook his head and looked down at Vinny and back at the bickering grass types.

"Oh no it's alright. This sounds serious and I'd love to do anything I can to help. I'm sure Vinny agrees." The Leafeon sighed and nodded, she couldn't bare to see the queens in distress and a thief was never a good thing. He put a hand on his hip and his mouth thoughtfully, looking down and coming up with a course of action. The Pokemon claimed that the thief had run into Bellossom's territory, perhaps it was a good idea to start there?

"Peony, you said you were the representative for Bellossom's garden, right? Is there any way you could convince Sunflora to let us go take a look around?" He could send out Luca to scout around in the sky and find traces of that thief if they could gain permission to search.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #517
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Hi! Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the delay. Updates should be more regular from now on. Best! <3

King Ghidorah: Rage surged through you as you saw the young trainer and his Pokemon furiously attack your Kingler. Kingler winced at the hits, unsure if it should fight back and potentially hurt the kid. You took charge and directed Kingler to get the trainer and Doduo away. As you raised your voice, one of Clarence’s heads stopped and worriedly looked at his trainer. His other head soon joined and slowly the Doduo backed away and timidly hid behind a tree. His trainer, still focused on enacting his revenge for his broken binoculars, had taken to trying to grab one of Kingler’s legs and flip the giant crustacean over. You yelled your orders to Kingler and water bubbled up around its mouth. A wave huge enough to Surf on burst forward and swept up the young trainer. It crashed into the surrounding trees, including the one Clarence was hiding behind. The Flying type yelped and attempted to run away before it was knocked off its feet. Kingler scuttled toward him, using an Ancient Power to send several rocks flying in his direction. Clarence squawked and fled, attempting to scale a tree and get out of the way. Two rocks thudded against his heads and knocked the Doduo out.

The opposing trainer had been thrown over a low limb of a tree after the Surf receded. You could see his small body twitch slightly as he began to sob. He looked over at you and your Pokemon, snot and tears running down his face.
“I!! I JUST WANT MY BINOCUL-ER-ER-ERRSSSSSS” He sobbed and attempted to climb off the tree and back to the ground. He slipped and fell a short distance and crumpled, defeated.
“I WANT MY MOM!!!!”

Kingler has gained 1 level!
--------------------
Maskerade: You grumble in frustration and pull your Aerodactyl away from the slumbering Komala. The confusion from Abbadon’s Supersonic had worn off and the Normal-type was snuggled up peacefully once more. You realized that your knowledge of battle was not the key here. To your dismay, you had to play along with Primrose’s game and humor this fantasy her Musharna had created. You thought back to the fairytale this was no doubt based upon and came upon the conclusion that there had to be some kind of unconventional solution. While you were donning a suit of shining armor, you doubted that you were this Komala’s true love.

Your armor clanked loudly as you called out your Golett. The Automaton Pokemon appeared in a flash of light, donning a feathered cap fitting for whatever period this fairytale was supposed to be set in. You instructed him to provide Komala with the kiss to wake it up, unsure of how it would go. Pahallah, after calculating the best way to show affection without having a mouth, clunked over to Komala’s bedside. Komala seemed to notice the Golett approach, and as Pahallah leaned over she suddenly rolled away to the other side of the bed. Pahallah tried to follow, but Komala tumbled the other way. Soon, the Golett was chasing the Komala around her canopy bed, non-existent lips pursed for a kiss. You realized that Komala was actually performing a Rollout, steadily gaining speed and power with each time she completed a rotation. How was Pahallah to get his kiss?

--------------------
Raves: Golestandt brought almost everyone’s attention to the bushes, and perhaps what had started this entire commotion. You spotted a patch of brown fur in the bushes, which Totsuka was immediately after. She leapt into the dense foliage like an Alolan Vulpix diving into the snow for a meal. There was a loud squeak and rustling as Totsuka continued to Pursue the bandit.

Meanwhile, your Garchomp, trying to make up for the mess he had partially caused, launched a Mud Shot toward the flaming tree. The globs of mud was able to put out several of the embers on the lower branches of the tree, but some of it also made its way to Pignite. The Fire Pig, still hindered by confusion, grunted in rage from the super effective attack. Her trainer fretted over her, trying to feed her a Persim Berry as a cure. She finally got a piece of it into Booboo’s mouth, but the Pignite’s demeanor did not change much. She was still angry, and identified Cal as the one who covered her in mud.
“Wait Booboo!” Her trainer called out, but she was already running full speed at Cal to Thrust him away with her Arm. Cal’s Twister collided with her, sending her spinning off into the teen’s campsite and toppling over a stack of firewood. Luckily, it was enough to put out the fire and save the tree from any more damage. The Pignite’s trainer and her friends rushed over to help out the fainted Pokemon, one of them directing an angry gesture in your direction.

“Eeear-eeek!” came a terrified squeal from the bushes that Totsuka had disappeared into. A pair of fluffy ears, one curled up towards the Pokemon’s body, appeared from a hole in the bush. The Pokemon was forced out into the open by your Shadow Zangoose, who appeared shortly happily finishing the rest of her biscuit. The Buneary was suddenly confronted by you and your Pokemon, and looked around frantically for an exit. In it’s Frustration it ended up slapping you hard with its ears and attempted to run around you in order to flee.

--------------------
Median Dia: As the excitement from completing the trial wore off, you and your Pokemon were glad to have a space in the Trial Captain’s cabin to rest for the night. You settled in to one of the cots in the guest room, and soon drifted off to the sound of the wind and the waterfall in the distance.

In the morning, you found a box of cereal waiting on the kitchen table for you, as well as a variety of dry food options for your Pokemon. Madoka was nowhere to be found inside, so once you prepared yourself for the day you headed back out to the shrine grounds. The Trial Captain’s Midday Lycanroc was sunbathing in the courtyard, and she stood up and stretched upon hearing you approach. She wagged her tail, hoping you might give her a pet before turning and beckoning you to follow her to the cluster of boulders to the east. You passed by a pair of boulders decorated with what looked like ancient drawings of Solrock and Lunatone. Madoka’s Lycanroc weaved through the rocks, occasionally stopping to make sure you were following. She suddenly disappeared behind a rather large rock, and you heard a shocked gasp and slight giggle. Rounding the corner, you spotted the shrine maiden, her Lycanroc jumping up and attempting to lick her face affectionately.

“Good morning, good to see you!” Madoka greeted you. She retrieved a Pokeball and threw it high into the air. Her Larvitar, Godzilla appeared and steadied himself on top of one of the nearby rocks. “Let’s get right into it, shall we? Which Pokemon are we going to teach Rock Smash to?”

Old 06-27-2018, 06:54 AM   #518
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Hi! Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the delay. Updates should be more regular from now on. Best! <3

King Ghidorah: Rage surged through you as you saw the young trainer and his Pokemon furiously attack your Kingler. Kingler winced at the hits, unsure if it should fight back and potentially hurt the kid. You took charge and directed Kingler to get the trainer and Doduo away. As you raised your voice, one of Clarence’s heads stopped and worriedly looked at his trainer. His other head soon joined and slowly the Doduo backed away and timidly hid behind a tree. His trainer, still focused on enacting his revenge for his broken binoculars, had taken to trying to grab one of Kingler’s legs and flip the giant crustacean over. You yelled your orders to Kingler and water bubbled up around its mouth. A wave huge enough to Surf on burst forward and swept up the young trainer. It crashed into the surrounding trees, including the one Clarence was hiding behind. The Flying type yelped and attempted to run away before it was knocked off its feet. Kingler scuttled toward him, using an Ancient Power to send several rocks flying in his direction. Clarence squawked and fled, attempting to scale a tree and get out of the way. Two rocks thudded against his heads and knocked the Doduo out.

The opposing trainer had been thrown over a low limb of a tree after the Surf receded. You could see his small body twitch slightly as he began to sob. He looked over at you and your Pokemon, snot and tears running down his face.
“I!! I JUST WANT MY BINOCUL-ER-ER-ERRSSSSSS” He sobbed and attempted to climb off the tree and back to the ground. He slipped and fell a short distance and crumpled, defeated.
“I WANT MY MOM!!!!”

Kingler has gained 1 level!
Hey hey. Welcome back!

Hugo looked around at the destruction left in his wake, and he felt bad. Sure, maybe he overreacted a bit, but he had to defend Kingler right? Kinger, meanwhile, was gently poking at the Doduo with his smaller pincer in an attempt to wake it up. Poor Clarence. It was pretty clear he wasn’t in this for the fight and was just trying to please his trainer. Hugo lightly pet the downed birds water-soaked feathers. “He’ll be okay,” Hugo thought to himself. Kingler looked up at Hugo, clearly showing some remorse at the force that was used. And then he heard the kid weeping openly.

“Aw geez,” Hugo thought to himself. In the heat of the moment, he didn’t realize just how young this kid was. He never meant to hurt him and the kid did start it after all. Hugo felt a large hand on this shoulder and turned to lock eyes with Throh, the Judo Pokemon pointing at the kid.

“What?” Hugo asked. “What did you expect me to do?” Throh’s expression was pretty clear: go help the kid. Now. “Alright, alright. Relax.” Throh handed Hugo the damaged binoculars.

“Hey, kid. Look, I’m sorry,” he approached the kid. “Are you okay? I didn’t mean for you to get hurt. But you can’t go attacking other people’s Pokemon. You probably would have done the same to me if I had tried to hurt Clarence, right?”

Hugo thought back to the cold reaction the kid had given his Doduo during the battle.

“And speaking of which, you really should be nicer to your own Pokemon. Clarence was only trying to help you and you weren’t very ni—you know what, we can talk about that later. I’m not going to lecture you.” Hugo pulled a bandana from his backpack.

“Here, blow your nose. And here are your binoculars. I’m sorry that we broke them, but it was only an accident.”
Old 06-28-2018, 03:46 PM   #519
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to update. I don’t have an excuse and should be setting a better example for my zone. It’s just hard to be motivated when you have writer’s block. I’ll try to be better in the future.

TheKnightsFury
As he looked to further buff up his Pokemon, Jayson felt that there was no defense quite like a better offense. He procured a small purple sphere from his bag and tossed it to Alexander. The Nidoking caught the Life Orb and suddenly felt a surge of power flow through him. He began to flex his muscles as if they were a new toy, his innate Sheer Power channeling the immense energy generated from the orb.

With orders now issued, the Lycanrocs began to close in on their prey so Jayson’s Pokemon readied themselves for combat. Two of the wolves immediately lunged at the party with an Accelerock, one slamming into Alexander while the other went after Fenrir. Alexander didn’t seem too bothered by the hit, opting to Smartly Strike the Lycanroc in the side with a pinpoint attack. However, the young Fenrir took a much harder hit, yelping as he was knocked backward. Ajax came to his rescue, grabbing the wolf with his Vine Whip and began to rapidly sap its life force with a powerful Giga Drain. The Lycanroc glared back at Ajax with a Scary Face that made the Chesnaught think twice about getting any closer to those menacing teeth.

Fenrir got back to his feet and began to Howl to show that he wasn’t ready to back down. Alexander followed up on his target from earlier, slamming into it with a crushing Drill Run from the horn on his head. The Lycanroc was sent flying into a nearby tree trunk, being knocked out cold. The two other Lycanrocs that had yet to get in on the action and took the opportunity to target the weakest link, Fenrir. The young pup Snarled as ferociously as he could, but it did little to slow down the much larger opponents. Frustrated by his failed strategy, Fenrir began to thrash and Stomp about, and as one of the wolves Bit into him, Fenrir’s flailing Tantrum knocked it off for good damage. The other wolf held back, opting to attack from a distance with a Snarl of its own to get the attention of all three of Jayson’s Pokemon, and then followed it up with a nuisance Rock Slide. Jayson’s Pokemon had taken some hits, but the damage they dealt was much greater. The numbers had been evened now with only three Lycanroc remaining. What will Jayson do?

lilbluecorsola:
At long last, Jess and company had finally located the Comfey’s missing friend. However, something seemed terribly amiss with the Flabébé as it appeared to be in a heavy daze and did not respond as Comfey beckoned it. Flabébé slowly fanned the Shiinotic’s face with its flower as the tall alien-like mushroom stepped forward to see what its guests wanted.

Opting to take the diplomatic route, Jess politely asked the apparent leader of mushrooms if it would be willing to return Flabébé to them. Shiinotic stood there in silence for a moment and looked to the small pixie on its shoulder. It then started laughing, which caused the Morelull in the surrounding area to chime in with their echoing giggles once again. “Shiii…” it muttered, holding out its palm as the Flabébé hopped onto it. Shiinotic held out the Flabébé but then pointed to Comfey with its other hand. It seemed like it was quite fond of having a servant to dote on it and was not willing to give Flabébé up without Comfey taking its place.

Comfey looked both shocked and scared by the Shiinotic’s demand, and Jess and her Pokemon looked ready to object to the ridiculous request. “Shiii…” Shiinotic let out a deep sigh, as if relenting and begrudgingly held out the Flabébé towards the group. Comfey relaxed and smiled in relief, hovering over to collect her friend. “…Not!” Shiinotic suddenly exclaimed as it threw the Flabébé at Jess, distracting her by causing her to catch the small pixie in her arms while it reached out and grabbed Comfey and showered her in small glowing Spores. Comfey suddenly fell into a daze just like Flabébé was and quietly wrapped herself around Shiinotic’s neck like a wreath. The Morelull’s giggles turned into louder cackles as the group had been double crossed and Shiinotic got its wish. What will Jess do?

Naru:
Amidst the bickering grass Pokemon, Isaac was intrigued by the story of what was going on and opted to offer his assistance in tracking down the thief. Figuring that taking the case would be the fastest way to calm the Pokemon down and resolve their issues, he turned to Peony and asked her about getting permission from Sunflora to search Queen Bellossom’s territory. As the gardener in charge of that quadrant of the Rose Garden, the teenage girl quickly nodded.

“That sounds like a great idea. What do you say, Sunflora?” The tall sunflower Pokemon turned to face them, pondering for a moment before nodding in agreement. “Great! And don’t worry about a thing; I’ll stick close by so that he doesn’t get lost in Queen Bellossom’s throne room!” Peony added, oblivious to the scowl on Vinny’s face. With their course now set, the group stepped down from the gazebo and headed back in the direction they came from while Petunia remained back to continue watching over the bickering flowers.

Once they were back in Bellossom’s territory, Isaac’s Pokemon began to frolic about as they took in the sights and the scents of the fragrant flowers all around them. A myriad of pastel yellows, pinks, and blues lined the flowerbeds while walls of radiant sunflowers towered behind them. “So let’s find out what was actually taken…” Peony mused as they passed a small decorative rock garden with a little miniature waterfall trickling into a pond below while a tall palm tree provided shade from above. The path forked and they headed to the right, traveling further up the path until they reached a large circular clearing.

The clearing was surrounded by beautiful sunflowers on all sides and a circular flowerbed in the center featured a colorful assortment of flowers like they had seen throughout the area. In the very middle of it all stood a small stage-like pedestal where a distraught Bellossom was being tended to by a number of Sunflora, Gloom, Oddish, and Sunkern. “Oh no, what’s wrong?” Peony asked as she walked up to the queen. Bellossom looked up and recognized Peony, sniffling as she pantomimed holding up an invisible object in her hands. Normally it would have been hard to tell what she was gesturing, but fortunately Peony was able to tell right away.

“It looks like her favorite microphone has been taken,” Peony began as Bellossom started nervously twirling about her platform. “And I think she has a performance scheduled for today. We better hurry and look for clues.” There were a number of places to look about Bellossom’s territory and various Pokemon Isaac and friends could question. Once they were finished investigating, it might be best to head north into Queen Roserade’s territory next, to see what’s missing there. What will Isaac do?

Missingno. Master:
Things were getting down to the wire as both sides were left with only two remaining Pokemon each; one flag-keeper and one attacker. Madoka smiled softly as she returned Lulu to her Pokeball, whispering praise for the fallen Lycanroc. Terri did the same with her Shedinja, and the two trainers prepared for what could be the final round of this action-packed trial challenge. With their orders settled, both the Lunatone and Swoobat prepared to make their advances on the opposing Medicham and Carbink.

Tsuki the Lunatone hovered down toward Observe the Medicham, who was guarding his flag with anticipation. Observe’s body suddenly glowed a soft aura as a Hidden Power coursed through his body. A number of dark orbs appeared around Observe, and the Medicham fired them off at Tsuki. At such a close distance, all the Lunatone could do to react was harness the Cosmic Power of the moon to raise its defenses and shield itself from the super effective attack.

Meanwhile, Shishi the Carbink stared up at Luna as the Swoobat swooped in to attack. Luna released a screeching Supersonic that hit the Carbink at point-blank, completely disorienting it in the process. Luna looked for an opportunity to strike and take the flag, but it was going to be difficult to squeeze a way in between the rock type’s round body and the Reflective barrier that was still in effect. Luna fired off another Stored Power which slammed into the Carbink for tremendous damage. With Shishi knocked to the side, Luna seized the opportunity to strike. However, Shishi had begun to Flail about wildly, catching the Swoobat off guard and at a stalemate.

Shaking off the effects of the super effective Hidden Power, Tsuki suddenly began to glow and released the power of the moon in a blinding Moonblast. Observe was sent flying backwards into the pillar of the Torii gate, writhing from the super effective damage. He could only watch helplessly as the Lunatone hovered down closer and closer to the flag on the ground. However, not all was lost as Luna suddenly telepathically Assured her teammate of their victory. By the time Tsuki reached the flag, Luna had already knocked Shishi back and taken the prize. The match was over.

“Whew!” Madoka let out a long sigh that had a mixture of both disappointment and fulfillment in it. “That was the closest match I’ve ever had!” Madoka recalled her Pokemon and stepped forward to meet with Terri. “Here,” she said while holding out her hand, “It’s my loss. You pushed my Pokemon further than anyone has ever done before, good job!” Terri was then handed a small badge as well as a silvery disc. “You’re welcome to stay the rest of the night and get a fresh start out in the morning if you wish.” There were a number of options for Terri and her Pokemon. She could either stay here and continue to explore the Stone Shrine, or maybe look elsewhere to other parts of the Cloud Garden and either explore those areas or look for more trial challenges. What will she do?

Terri has received the following items:
• Stone Shrine Badge
• TM Stealth Rock x1

Luna gained 4 levels!
Observe gained 3 levels!
Vanish gained 2 levels!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 06-28-2018, 05:51 PM   #520
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:

[size=1]TheKnightsFury
As he looked to further buff up his Pokemon, Jayson felt that there was no defense quite like a better offense. He procured a small purple sphere from his bag and tossed it to Alexander. The Nidoking caught the Life Orb and suddenly felt a surge of power flow through him. He began to flex his muscles as if they were a new toy, his innate Sheer Power channeling the immense energy generated from the orb.

With orders now issued, the Lycanrocs began to close in on their prey so Jayson’s Pokemon readied themselves for combat. Two of the wolves immediately lunged at the party with an Accelerock, one slamming into Alexander while the other went after Fenrir. Alexander didn’t seem too bothered by the hit, opting to Smartly Strike the Lycanroc in the side with a pinpoint attack. However, the young Fenrir took a much harder hit, yelping as he was knocked backward. Ajax came to his rescue, grabbing the wolf with his Vine Whip and began to rapidly sap its life force with a powerful Giga Drain. The Lycanroc glared back at Ajax with a Scary Face that made the Chesnaught think twice about getting any closer to those menacing teeth.

Fenrir got back to his feet and began to Howl to show that he wasn’t ready to back down. Alexander followed up on his target from earlier, slamming into it with a crushing Drill Run from the horn on his head. The Lycanroc was sent flying into a nearby tree trunk, being knocked out cold. The two other Lycanrocs that had yet to get in on the action and took the opportunity to target the weakest link, Fenrir. The young pup Snarled as ferociously as he could, but it did little to slow down the much larger opponents. Frustrated by his failed strategy, Fenrir began to thrash and Stomp about, and as one of the wolves Bit into him, Fenrir’s flailing Tantrum knocked it off for good damage. The other wolf held back, opting to attack from a distance with a Snarl of its own to get the attention of all three of Jayson’s Pokemon, and then followed it up with a nuisance Rock Slide. Jayson’s Pokemon had taken some hits, but the damage they dealt was much greater. The numbers had been evened now with only three Lycanroc remaining. What will Jayson do?
The battle erupted as both parties took turns exchanging blows. Giving the Life Orb to Alexander had worked to perfection, the Nidoking managed to overpower one of the Lycanroc, evening the numbers. Fenrir was struggling to hold his own, which wasn't exactly a surprise considering he was pitting himself against one of his species evolutions. Rockruff still had plenty of fight left in him though, he seemed intent to fight on. Ajax was still looking strong as well, despite the scary look he got from the Lycanroc he was fairly healthy after the Giga Drain.

"Keep it up guys, we've got them on the back foot!" Jayson shouted, hoping to urge his Pokemon on. "Fenrir you can't give up! Strike out at that Lycanroc that keeps targeting you with a Sucker Punch, then follow it up with an Iron Tail. Alexander I want you to support Fenrir, fire a Water Pulse at any Lycanroc that come at it, then put them down with a Drill Run. Ajax finish what you started, hit the same Lycanroc you targeted before with a Needle Arm then finish it with a Seed Bomb!"

These Lycanroc seemed relentless. While there was a chance this was there normal nature and they were just defending their territory, Jayson couldn't help but think the red moon had something to do with it. They needed to clear these Lycanroc away and find the bulk of the pack, perhaps something was up with the packs leader? Jayson was eager to find out and he sensed the matter was urgent.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 07-01-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:43 PM   #521
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
My sincerest apologies for taking so long to update. I don’t have an excuse and should be setting a better example for my zone. It’s just hard to be motivated when you have writer’s block. I’ll try to be better in the future.

Missingno. Master:
Things were getting down to the wire as both sides were left with only two remaining Pokemon each; one flag-keeper and one attacker. Madoka smiled softly as she returned Lulu to her Pokeball, whispering praise for the fallen Lycanroc. Terri did the same with her Shedinja, and the two trainers prepared for what could be the final round of this action-packed trial challenge. With their orders settled, both the Lunatone and Swoobat prepared to make their advances on the opposing Medicham and Carbink.

Tsuki the Lunatone hovered down toward Observe the Medicham, who was guarding his flag with anticipation. Observe’s body suddenly glowed a soft aura as a Hidden Power coursed through his body. A number of dark orbs appeared around Observe, and the Medicham fired them off at Tsuki. At such a close distance, all the Lunatone could do to react was harness the Cosmic Power of the moon to raise its defenses and shield itself from the super effective attack.

Meanwhile, Shishi the Carbink stared up at Luna as the Swoobat swooped in to attack. Luna released a screeching Supersonic that hit the Carbink at point-blank, completely disorienting it in the process. Luna looked for an opportunity to strike and take the flag, but it was going to be difficult to squeeze a way in between the rock type’s round body and the Reflective barrier that was still in effect. Luna fired off another Stored Power which slammed into the Carbink for tremendous damage. With Shishi knocked to the side, Luna seized the opportunity to strike. However, Shishi had begun to Flail about wildly, catching the Swoobat off guard and at a stalemate.

Shaking off the effects of the super effective Hidden Power, Tsuki suddenly began to glow and released the power of the moon in a blinding Moonblast. Observe was sent flying backwards into the pillar of the Torii gate, writhing from the super effective damage. He could only watch helplessly as the Lunatone hovered down closer and closer to the flag on the ground. However, not all was lost as Luna suddenly telepathically Assured her teammate of their victory. By the time Tsuki reached the flag, Luna had already knocked Shishi back and taken the prize. The match was over.

“Whew!” Madoka let out a long sigh that had a mixture of both disappointment and fulfillment in it. “That was the closest match I’ve ever had!” Madoka recalled her Pokemon and stepped forward to meet with Terri. “Here,” she said while holding out her hand, “It’s my loss. You pushed my Pokemon further than anyone has ever done before, good job!” Terri was then handed a small badge as well as a silvery disc. “You’re welcome to stay the rest of the night and get a fresh start out in the morning if you wish.” There were a number of options for Terri and her Pokemon. She could either stay here and continue to explore the Stone Shrine, or maybe look elsewhere to other parts of the Cloud Garden and either explore those areas or look for more trial challenges. What will she do?

Terri has received the following items:
• Stone Shrine Badge
• TM Stealth Rock x1

Luna gained 4 levels!
Observe gained 3 levels!
Vanish gained 2 levels!
The match was drawing to a close, one way or another. Observe faced off against Tsuki, while Luna was making her move against Shishi. The Lunatone's Cosmic Power was its best defense against Observe's Hidden Power, and Luna and Shishi were doing great damage to each other.

Then, things started to look bad as Tsuki let fly a Moonblast, sending the Medicham flying with a seriously powerful super effective attack. This left the flag wide open! But Terri did not look worried. She kept her eyes on Luna, and as the Swoobat demonstrated, for good reason- Luna was able to land the blow that knocked Shishi away, and was able to claim the flag before Tsuki could claim the other one. A truly close match, one which could've easily gone either way near the end there, and Terri came out on top.

Madoka accepted the loss gracefully, congratulating Terri on her victory. Her Pokémon hadn't ever been pushed this hard before, and it was clear she was just as thrilled by the battle as she was disappointed by her loss. Terri smiled as she was handed two objects- the Stone Shrine Badge, and a TM for Stealth Rock. "Thanks very much, Madoka," she replied. At that moment, Observe and Luna gathered around Terri. "Thanks to you guys as well," added Terri. "You did great." She turned her attention back to Madoka. "Madoka, I think we'll take you up on your offer," she said. "We'll stay the rest of the night and get a fresh start in the morning. Maybe explore around this shrine some more. It's a pretty nice place," the mysterious Trainer smiled.

"It is," Luna added, admiring the surroundings as best she could, considering it was still nighttime.

"Indeed," nodded Observe.

*Trial Complete!*

*Terri received the Stone Shrine Badge from Madoka!*

*Terri obtained a TM76 Stealth Rock!*

*Luna grew to level 21!*

*Luna learned Air Cutter!*

*Luna grew to level 22!*

*Luna grew to level 23!*

*Luna grew to level 24!*

*Observe grew to level 38!*

*Observe grew to level 39!*

*Observe grew to level 40!*

*Vanish grew to level 22!*

*Vanish grew to level 23!*
Old 06-30-2018, 03:05 AM   #522
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

TheKnightsFury:
The momentum of battle was shifting in Jayson’s favor as the number of combatants on either side of the battlefield had been evened. Looking to keep up the pressure and take the fight to the wild Lycanroc, Jayson quickly contemplated his next move. While Fenrir had taken some damage, Alexander and Ajax were doing more than enough to hold down the line for Jayson’s team. With his next plan ready to go, Jayson called out the strategy to his Pokemon, who prepared themselves for battle while the angry wolves growled and paced around them.

Whether it was as a decoy or not, Jayson called for the young Fenrir to take the lead at the point of attack. The pup barked loudly and charged at one of the larger wolves, the Lycanroc meeting eyes with him and taking on his challenge. Fenrir carefully stared down his foe, looking for the right time to strike a Sucker Punch. However, the Lycanroc was far too Quick for the Rockruff, launching a sneak Attack of its own and slapping Fenrir down was a swat from its large paw. Not to be deterred, the scrappy Fenrir spun around and smacked the Lycanroc right back with a powerful Iron Tail, strong enough to wipe the smirk off its face.

True to the nature of wolves, the next attack came not from Fenrir’s opponent, but from one to the side. However, Alexander was anticipating this and promptly blasted a Water Pulse in its direction. The second Lycanroc was blasted backwards in pain, prompting the third wolf to Crunch its powerful jaws down on the Nidoking’s arm. Alexander certainly felt that one, holding up his arm along with the Lycanroc so that he could strike it cleanly with a Drill Run. The Pincir attack was met on the wolf’s backside as Ajax punched it with a Needle Arm, and as the Lycanroc yelped in pain, letting go of Alexander in an attempt to gain some distance, the Chesnaught finished it off with a Seed Bomb.

With their numbers now reduced to two, the remaining Lycanroc both shook off their wounds and faced their opponents together, firing off a pair of Rock Slides in unison that battered all of Jayson’s Pokemon a good amount. The final two Lycanroc were now outnumbered however, and likely wouldn’t last too much longer. What will Jayson do?

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 06-30-2018, 06:44 PM   #523
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:
The momentum of battle was shifting in Jayson’s favor as the number of combatants on either side of the battlefield had been evened. Looking to keep up the pressure and take the fight to the wild Lycanroc, Jayson quickly contemplated his next move. While Fenrir had taken some damage, Alexander and Ajax were doing more than enough to hold down the line for Jayson’s team. With his next plan ready to go, Jayson called out the strategy to his Pokemon, who prepared themselves for battle while the angry wolves growled and paced around them.

Whether it was as a decoy or not, Jayson called for the young Fenrir to take the lead at the point of attack. The pup barked loudly and charged at one of the larger wolves, the Lycanroc meeting eyes with him and taking on his challenge. Fenrir carefully stared down his foe, looking for the right time to strike a Sucker Punch. However, the Lycanroc was far too Quick for the Rockruff, launching a sneak Attack of its own and slapping Fenrir down was a swat from its large paw. Not to be deterred, the scrappy Fenrir spun around and smacked the Lycanroc right back with a powerful Iron Tail, strong enough to wipe the smirk off its face.

True to the nature of wolves, the next attack came not from Fenrir’s opponent, but from one to the side. However, Alexander was anticipating this and promptly blasted a Water Pulse in its direction. The second Lycanroc was blasted backwards in pain, prompting the third wolf to Crunch its powerful jaws down on the Nidoking’s arm. Alexander certainly felt that one, holding up his arm along with the Lycanroc so that he could strike it cleanly with a Drill Run. The Pincir attack was met on the wolf’s backside as Ajax punched it with a Needle Arm, and as the Lycanroc yelped in pain, letting go of Alexander in an attempt to gain some distance, the Chesnaught finished it off with a Seed Bomb.

With their numbers now reduced to two, the remaining Lycanroc both shook off their wounds and faced their opponents together, firing off a pair of Rock Slides in unison that battered all of Jayson’s Pokemon a good amount. The final two Lycanroc were now outnumbered however, and likely wouldn’t last too much longer. What will Jayson do?
With another Lycanroc down and the last two looking ragged, things were looking good for Jayson and his Pokemon. Fenrir continued to struggle to make an impact, the Rockruff was simply outmatched by its evolution. Thankfully Alexander and Ajax had worked to support the pup, covering its flanks to prevent the Lycanrocs from ganging up on it. With one final push to clear away these Lycanroc, they'd hopefully be able to get to the root on the problem with the mountain pack.

"Keep trying Fenrir, you can do it!" Jayson continued to support the Rockruff, not wanting it to get down on itself. "Hit one Lycanroc with an Earth Power, then follow up by striking the other with an Iron Tail. Alexander go at the first Lycanroc with a Smart Strike, then put an end to it with a Water Pulse. Ajax, Needle Arm the second Lycanroc then hold it in place with a Vine Whip so Fenrir can get a clear shot with his Iron Tail.

Jayson was proud of the teamwork his Pokemon were showing, it was something they needed if they were going to handle a pack of well synchronised Lycanroc. Looking up at the blood red moon, Jayson wondered what would cause such an event. It certainly seemed to be having an effect on the Pokemon around here, especially the Lycanroc. Did it hold some significance to them? Or was it some sort of bad omen that caused them to go mad? It was still a mystery to them, but hopefully it was one they would solve.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #524
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:

Raves: Golestandt brought almost everyone’s attention to the bushes, and perhaps what had started this entire commotion. You spotted a patch of brown fur in the bushes, which Totsuka was immediately after. She leapt into the dense foliage like an Alolan Vulpix diving into the snow for a meal. There was a loud squeak and rustling as Totsuka continued to Pursue the bandit.

Meanwhile, your Garchomp, trying to make up for the mess he had partially caused, launched a Mud Shot toward the flaming tree. The globs of mud was able to put out several of the embers on the lower branches of the tree, but some of it also made its way to Pignite. The Fire Pig, still hindered by confusion, grunted in rage from the super effective attack. Her trainer fretted over her, trying to feed her a Persim Berry as a cure. She finally got a piece of it into Booboo’s mouth, but the Pignite’s demeanor did not change much. She was still angry, and identified Cal as the one who covered her in mud.
“Wait Booboo!” Her trainer called out, but she was already running full speed at Cal to Thrust him away with her Arm. Cal’s Twister collided with her, sending her spinning off into the teen’s campsite and toppling over a stack of firewood. Luckily, it was enough to put out the fire and save the tree from any more damage. The Pignite’s trainer and her friends rushed over to help out the fainted Pokemon, one of them directing an angry gesture in your direction.

“Eeear-eeek!” came a terrified squeal from the bushes that Totsuka had disappeared into. A pair of fluffy ears, one curled up towards the Pokemon’s body, appeared from a hole in the bush. The Pokemon was forced out into the open by your Shadow Zangoose, who appeared shortly happily finishing the rest of her biscuit. The Buneary was suddenly confronted by you and your Pokemon, and looked around frantically for an exit. In it’s Frustration it ended up slapping you hard with its ears and attempted to run around you in order to flee.
The realisation of the culprit came to light as the Zangoose promptly dove into the bushes after spotting a patch of brown fur, something that caught Alex's attention. "Brown? Must be a gutsy Zigzagoon..." he murmured before resuming his dinner, while the shadow pokemon harried after the bandit. Cal on the other hand was ready to help the issue of the burning tree. Standing up, the dragon horked before firing a blast of mud at the flames, and was moderately successful, extinguishing the lower embers, yet also plastering the confused Pignite.

The Pignite's trainer struggled to feed the porcine starter a berry to alleviate the confusion, but eventually succeeded as Cal monitored his success. There were still some flames higher up, they would need a good old gust of wind to blow out! Huffing and puffing, he failed to spot the Pignite approaching at a rapid trot, ready to pummel him, until it was too late. Caught in the crossfire, the tornado ripped from the Garchomp's lungs and roared across the field into the tree, snuffing the last of the flames and battering the fire pokemon, to the point when the winds subsided, it lay in the dirt, eyes swirling and groaning. As the trainer and friends hurried to excavate the pokemon from the wood, one of them gestured aggravatingly towards Alex, who only gave a shrug...

...before something hard smacked him in the face. "Oww!" he cried before noticing the culprit, which wasn't the notorious raccoon pokemon he thought it to be. Rather, the Zangoose had flushed out a small hare, the Buneary finding itself surrounded by four things. A human of some sorts, an irked purple cat thing eating the rest of the biscuit it had nicked, some gigantic grey thing that whirred oddly, and a big, scary dragon that would eat them if given the chance. As Alex rubbed his cheek, eyes watering from the sting, the Buneary tried to juke and run around him to escape, but Totsuka was having none of this. The Zangoose felt the bunny needed to learn a lesson about proper theft as she began to tap into her shadowy skills, focusing on the brown newcomer and seeking to hold them in place. Once they were pinned down, she would disable the rabbit's attempts to fight back before having a proper talking to the bunny.

Cal eyed the Buneary curiously, before giving a small clack of his claws in bemused applause, sitting this one out, while the Golurk was prepared to deliver a more thorough handling of the situation, waiting for an opportunity to take a hold of the Buneary in a firm yet gentle grip with one of his hands to properly restrain it. All the while Alex headed for his bag, looking for an ice pack of sorts. That one really bloody hurt.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:15 PM   #525
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Missingno. Master- You're sleeping peacefully when a loud noise suddenly stirs you from your sleep. Repetitive crashes sound out, was the shrine under attack? Looking out the window of your room you see no signs of conflict and after a couple of minutes pass the sound subsides. The sleep in your eyes calls you back to bed, finding out what woke you would have to wait till the morning.

Light filters in through the window, awakening you on this new day. You clean yourself up before heading out of the room, intent on locating Madoka, who would likely be trying to find out the source of the noise as well. It doesn't take long for you to find the shrine keeper, who is working with her Lycanroc to try and round up a herd of distressed Rock Pokemon. She beckons you over, likely needing your assistance.

"Good morning Terri, I hope you slept well." The trial captain looks a little tired this morning, like she hadn't gotten much sleep last night. "Did you get woken up last night as well? These Pokemon have been going crazy, it seems something happened in the caverns and forced them out. The Aron, Geodudes and Roggenrola begin to settle as Madoka's Lycanroc herd them into a nearby clearing. "I've got my hands full here, do you think you could go investigate for me? You'll need a Pokemon that can use Flash to see inside the caverns, it gets quite dark in there." You wanted to look around the shrine a little more and a chance to explore the caverns would likely involve you getting to check out the true shrine. The question was whether you were equipped to handle the situation on your own or not...

Myahoo- You present the Cutter Badge to Marina, who takes it, holding it up to the light as she checks its authenticity. "Alright, this looks legit", she gives you a quick smile, "that said, you still need a Pokemon that knows Waterfall to get up to the second level. I can teach it to one of your Pokemon as we go, but I don't offer free rides." Her Gyarados lets out a low growl, no free rides indeed. The water was quite peaceful here but looking up river you could see the water was flowing fast, crashing violently against the rocks. Further up was a small waterfall, there was no way any Pokemon was making it up that unless it was trained to do so.

"Once we get up to the Fountain Garden I'll even see if I can get a hold of Jet for you, I'm sure he'd be happy to help you search for a Pidgey, I bet he knows the location of every bird Pokemon in the Cloud Garden!" Marina had expressed her willingness to train your Pokemon to handle the waterfall and even offered to help get you in contact with Jet. The only issue now was whether you had a Pokemon capable of learning Waterfall with you, and whether you were willing to get yourself wet in search for this elusive Pidgey. Marina's Gyarados growls with impatience, it appears you better make a decision quickly, before the Gyarados decides that it wants some lunch.....

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records