UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 07-06-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
FC Rewards: Suggestion and Review Thread

Hi everyone! With the Silver Umbra soon to be added to the FC Ladder, we've agreed that it would be a good time to see what ideas and suggestions the community had involving the FC ladder. We're going to keep this thread open for three weeks and then at the end of three weeks consider all of the suggestions when revamping the ladder.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Guess I'll break the ice and chip in first ^^;

For starters, I think the pacing of climbing up the things (steps/tiers/ranks/etc) is fine. I might not be the best person to talk about this... or the best person to talk about it, since my personal speed through the rewards is rather slow since I only have two low-maintenance shops with no zone updating. I've only gotten to 90 FC, which is fairly low compared to other active folks (most who are lower than me haven't updated for a long time), but I'm perfectly happy with that, as I find it fair and equal to the amount and significance of the work I've put in compared to others. Haven't seen anything about the Gen 6-7 humpy sprites with Skunkaru and Eeveepocalypse tho

Here's the the little things I think it could be adjusted though:
  • I dunno how I feel about that 1.5 credit rule. It involves mostly only one person (ie me) since you can only get it via RPing a post plus providing a sprite... which I haven't done since forever. And I dunno about any of you guys, but seeing that only .5 that I have hanging around in my total FC just... nags me. Problem is, unfortunately, is as much as I want that part to be removed, it would be technically unfair to have to have just 1 FC for both RPing and making a sprite or more (it is extra work to do both), and I know that last time we discussed about it, 2 FC was a little too OP. Soooo... any ideas?
  • I feel like there's a need to have slightly more choice within some of of the tiers. Sure, we do get Pokédollars on each plus a thing, and although said thing have on occasion a choice, some doesn't. What if I don't want candies or gummis or extra cash or a Shiny Spray? I would think a little more flexibility on that part by giving other equivalent choices would make things more interesting. As one example that applies to multiple tiers, a possibility of having X gummi instead of X candy, or vice-versa (or even a mix if you wish to have a bit of both).
  • I dunno if I'm the only one around here, but it feels like the "worth" of the tiers within one set of tiers are not balanced; that some things that are in later tiers/steps are not worth as much as previous ones, or is worth more than those that comes afterwards. Here's some specifics, by taking the first set of tiers as reference:
    • 1, 3, 5 & 20 FC: I understand that 1 FC and 5 FC are close to each other, but the fact that the 3 FC tier gives 3 gummis while its previous and next tier give a single candy is... weird? I would probably say that 1 FC gives 1 candy, 3 FC gives 2 gummis and 5 FC gives 3 candies would be a little more balanced. And why am I throwing in the 20 FC in this? Well it gives 3 candies while the next candy-based tier is 5 candies, I would say it would be fair to make the 20 FC give 4 candies.
    • 35 FC - Enigma Egg: Might be a personal opinion, but the Enigma Egg is one of the biggest prizes in the whole thing, more than even the Shiny Spray. I would prefer it to put it a little higher in the tiers, perhaps in the 45 FC spot.
    • 50 FC: I would think the Silver Umbra should be added in there along with the Shiny Spray. Also, I find that a free cosmetic from the Boutique there is... a bit of a letdown? ^^; Considering that it is worth $50-$100 when TMs are worth a lot more than that. Perhaps it should be moved to lower-FC tiers, somewhere between 5 and 20 FC maybe.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #3
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Okay, this is something that I have had in the back of my mind to bring up for a while now but haven't really had a good chance to until now.

It feels like shop owners, particularly those who can update their shop weekly at most, gain rewards at a much slower pace than updaters or even compared to those who own shops that can incorporate RP into their posts without it being forced in any way. Mostly I'm referring to shops where Pokemon stats or currency balances are being updated because it's just not feasible to gain bonus points when there isn't much writing you can do without it feeling repetitive or spritework without it feeling out of place in some way, and bonuses for these shop owners for doing something "particularly challenging" are pretty hard to come by when the best you can do is...confirm everything correctly on a weekly basis? I don't know, it just feels like rewards from those shops come at a pretty sluggish pace, even when you get a point a week for updating your shop. (Which I'm not very good at updating my shop weekly to begin with, so that also factors in to how many points I've gotten; I haven't even gotten enough points for my first Enigma Egg yet. ^_^;)

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:56 AM   #4
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

I don't have a ton of stuff to add but seeing a bit more variety in the different tiers would definitely be nice imo. We have 5 tiers of exactly identical rewards which is good for reliable mysterious gummies, TMs of choice, Shiny Sprays and enigma eggs (things that are fun and really useful), but not so great when you are getting the same boring cash and candies and bolt/thrower/beam tms every other rung. Every Tier should have something exclusive to it th way we have the 6th tier have mega stones and custom Items and stuff. I think this could be a good place to throw in some of the legacy FB exclusive items or special pokeballs personally but any kind of variety will be a win in my book.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

My only real grievance is that once you go over 300FC you go back down to making shit money each step. Honestly we could probably just pump the first 50 up to $250 per step and call it a day.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #6
Meetan
Soul Badge

I definitely agree with Mew about how some of the rewards aren't balanced. The boutique prize at least could go lower, though idk (or care much? But I do for others' sake even if I don't collect them) about the Enigma Egg go higher. We could also bump the first fifty FC's money up higher as Big says as that makes sense, and I would like the idea of special Poke Balls/lost Fizzby items potentially being brought back through rewards for people who want those.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Wow, TKF does bring a good point I didn't think of. I'm seconding that.

As for Big's suggestion with special Pokéballs? I would be all over this.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:45 PM   #8
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Honestly I think the additional money rewards should be flat. e.g. [Reward] + $500 regardless of if it's at 1FC, 50 FC, 150 FC, or 300 FC.

Honestly I still think updators should be able to claim money in the bank per post in addition to FC but that's not a popular idea so I'd settle for a boosted and more reliable cash income from Staff Rewards.

As for the repetitious nature of the rewards, I'm fine with them, with the exception of the Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower tier. There's only so many Pokemon I can teach those moves to before I'm tapped out. Other than that, I like knowing what will be available to me, and I like having the reliable source of candies, gummis, etc.

I definitely do not agree that an egg should be more valuable than a Shiny Spray/Devolution Spray/Silver Umbra, though. We've already made non-bred eggs incredibly rare compared to old!FB. Because of the way the ladder works, it takes 35 updates to get the first egg, and then 50 more for every subsequent egg. That's a lot of fucking work; more than enough to justify getting one egg that could hatch into literally any non-Legendary. Enigma eggs, IMO, are the least valuable form of egg in FB; you have no way at all of influencing what you might get (as you would with the type-specific eggs or the Birthday Egg). Out of the multiple hundreds of possibilities it's an absolute crapshoot as to whether you'll get something you want. TL;DR: It's not an especially 'useful' form of egg as is and I would hate to see it nerfed with further gatekeeping.

Also @Oki the plan was already to add the Silver Umbra to the X50 steps. That was basically the plan from day one of the first Shadow proposal, was noted in every proposal iteration, and never changed.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #9
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

In order to simplify/clean up the logistical issues behind devolution spray, we’re thinking of replacing it with an alternate item to be added to the Staff Rewards in its place. Let us know what you think:

Super Everstone (name pending): A hold item that allows the wearer to use level-up moves of an evolved form. The evolved species must be specific to the stone upon purchase and cannot be changed. The wearer becomes unable to evolve while holding the stone. If the stone is unequipped, the wearer regains the ability to evolve at the expense of no longer being able to use the moves granted by the stone.

Here’s some examples/notes that might come up in question:
• Eevee holds a Jolteon-Everstone and now becomes able to use Jolteon’s level up moves. (Whether the level up moves are restricted to the Pokemon’s level has yet to be decided) The stone is removed and Eevee evolves into Espeon. Espeon can no longer use Jolteon’s moves.
• The stone can also work for evolutions that are 2 stages away; Caterpie can gain access to Butterfree’s moveset through the use of the stone.
• Specific evolution requirements such as Kirlia and Snorunt’s gender must apply for Gallade and Froslass, respectively.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Any chance of us turning Enigma Egg into Type Egg?

I approve of that Super Everstone!

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #11
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I too approve of the Super Everstone, but I might call it something like the "Forever Stone". Either way tho I'm chill with this.

I assume it's still gender specific, so for example a female Ralts could not make use of a Gallade stone?

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:16 PM   #12
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post
I assume it's still gender specific, so for example a female Ralts could not make use of a Gallade stone?
Although not really related to the Forever Stone, I actually got a new idea from this:

Perhaps a Stone to use to remove the restriction of gender for evolution? (Not change the gender mind you. Just gaining the ability for one Pokémon to evolve into a form restricted to the other gender, while staying in the gender they have.) As in: Female Kirlia could evolve into a Gallade, a male Snorunt into Frolass, female Burmy into Mothim, male Burmy into Wormadam, Male Combee into Vespiquen and Male Salandit into Salazzle. Perhaps even have Espurr evolve into the opposite-gendered form, but feels that's going a little too far. I dunno. Oh and obvious thing is obvious: you still need the other/normal requirements to evolve the Pokémon.

Maybe the idea as a whole is too much, admittedly, but... I'm still throwing that idea in, and let you guys judge.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I mean, I'm into the idea, though I don't really expect it o go over. Also, while no gender-specific evolutions require a held item at this point in time, we cannot rule out future additions, so maybe a held item isn't the best format for the proposed mechanic.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 07-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #14
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Well I meant it more as a 1-use item, not a held one. Sorry for the confusion ^^;

Old 08-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #15
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Whoops this was supposed to ended weeks ago lol. Sorry, I've been busy with work and such. We're going to look through this and take the feedback in, thank you!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development