Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #24401
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Where would each of your 'mon fall on the good-evil+lawful-chaotic scale?
Ares(Charizard)- Lawful Good
Athene(Tangrowth)- Chaotic Good
Pandora(Cloyster)- Neutral Good
Zephyrus(Jolteon)- Chaotic Neutral
Odysseus(Nidoking)- Lawful Good
Perseus(Tauros)- Chaotic Neutral
Midas(Scizor)- Lawful Neutral
Thanatos(Kabutops)- Lawful Neutral
Iris(Houndoom)- True Neutral
Chiron(Golem)- Neutral Good
Hyperion(Pidgeot)- Chaotic Neutral
Phrixus(Alakazam)- True Neutral
Eris(Zorua)- True Neutral
Old 01-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #24402
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
Funny how the vast majority of enemies in FF8 happened to be weak to Wind.

By the time I got Pandemona, I was very over levelled. I got lost in one of those dream sequences. Aside from bosses, I didn't really need to worry about elemental weaknesses.

If my roommate would leave his damn PS3 in the living room long enough I would give it a go after I finish FF9. Then again, I also have FF7 to finish. Methinks it's time to dig out my PS2.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #24403
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
By the time I got Pandemona, I was very over levelled. I got lost in one of those dream sequences. Aside from bosses, I didn't really need to worry about elemental weaknesses.

If my roommate would leave his damn PS3 in the living room long enough I would give it a go after I finish FF9. Then again, I also have FF7 to finish. Methinks it's time to dig out my PS2.
You don't need to level up in FF8. There's a mechanic that makes the game harder the more level grinding you do - plus the Junction system (GFs/Magic) pretty much make you invincible after a certain point. So just plowing through and speedruns are kind of easy.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #24404
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
the Junction system (GFs/Magic) pretty much make you invincible after a certain point. So just plowing through and speedruns are kind of easy.
That, added to the silly plot, made it the least memorable FF game for me. And yet, it was the very first game where I clocked in over 100 hours... go figure. :P
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #24405
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
That, added to the silly plot, made it the least memorable FF game for me. And yet, it was the very first game where I clocked in over 100 hours... go figure. :P
Why no love for FF8?

Also, my Gible has a name now! It's Kára, after the valkyrie. :3 I thought it fitting for a female powerhouse.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #24406
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Quote:
Why no love for FF8?
Because of those very two reasons I mentioned? :P

I will admit it had redeeming qualities, but squeezed between FFVII and FFIX, it was left in a very bad position for a game that just wasn't as good as those two giants...

Triple Triad was absolutely awesome, though.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #24407
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
You don't need to level up in FF8. There's a mechanic that makes the game harder the more level grinding you do - plus the Junction system (GFs/Magic) pretty much make you invincible after a certain point. So just plowing through and speedruns are kind of easy.
I was overlevelled because I was lost. =\ I was very good at the card game within it until somehow the rules got changed.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #24408
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Why no love for FF8?
Stupid story. Terribad combat system. Biggest waste of $20-$30 I've ever spent on a video game. Seriously. I put the game down upon reaching the halfway point, so terrible was the story by this point, and when I rage-vented to a friend, he put me out of my misery by telling me how the rest of the story goes. Normally I hate spoilers, but my friend knew me well enough to know that this was the right move. Never have I been so glad to have been spoiled on something, to have been saved the agony of 20+ more hours on such a turd of a story. Sorry, fanboys and fangirls. =\ You guys are already used to all the FF8 hate, I'm sure, and I don't mean to pile on more ... but when you guys have converted the TO into an FF8 orgy, you're asking for trouble. ^^; Particularly when you bat your eyelashes and act all clueless in asking, "Why no love for FF8? " You know. ¬_¬ You know damn well, as the pariah that you are as an FF8 fanboy or fangirl, why most people hate it. You have to know, because in my travels of the Internet, FF8 has to be one of if not the most universally hated FFs there is. The only ones I can even think of that begin to approach FF8 in terms of levels of hatred displayed on the Internet are probably FF13 ("the eternal hallway!", complained players) and FF14 (the aborted FF Online 2.0).

But hey: at least Rinoa is hot, right? ;P
Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #24409
pengyzu
heiir of liife

Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
*pops in* Hi guys! *waves ecstatically before rushing out*
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #24410
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Stupid story. Terribad combat system. Biggest waste of $20-$30 I've ever spent on a video game. Seriously. I put the game down upon reaching the halfway point, so terrible was the story by this point, and when I rage-vented to a friend, he put me out of my misery by telling me how the rest of the story goes. Normally I hate spoilers, but my friend knew me well enough to know that this was the right move. Never have I been so glad to have been spoiled on something, to have been saved the agony of 20+ more hours on such a turd of a story. Sorry, fanboys and fangirls. =\ You guys are already used to all the FF8 hate, I'm sure, and I don't mean to pile on more ... but when you guys have converted the TO into an FF8 orgy, you're asking for trouble. ^^; Particularly when you bat your eyelashes and act all clueless in asking, "Why no love for FF8? " You know. ¬_¬ You know damn well, as the pariah that you are as an FF8 fanboy or fangirl, why most people hate it. You have to know, because in my travels of the Internet, FF8 has to be one of if not the most universally hated FFs there is. The only ones I can even think of that begin to approach FF8 in terms of levels of hatred displayed on the Internet are probably FF13 ("the eternal hallway!", complained players) and FF14 (the aborted FF Online 2.0).

But hey: at least Rinoa is hot, right? ;P
Calm down please. People besides yourself are entitled to their opinions as well, and notice how none of them attacked you for anything.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #24411
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Calm down please. People besides yourself are entitled to their opinions as well, and notice how I was merely answering the question Kaisap herself asked. She invited this answer, so if you can't handle it, then I'm sorry for you but that's tough.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #24412
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'm with Talon in the "FF8 sucks" boat. The character development basically crashes to a halt for everyone but the lead pair halfway through disc 2, and that is not good for a game. FF7 was a bit better, but 9 is where the true meat was in terms of developing characters. It's also the only one of the three where the MC doesn't go emo for more than 15 minutes, and when they did they had a perfectly good excuse for it.

Vivi is also the most lovable bugger ever created in an FF game. It makes me want a male Misdreavus badly.

*FF9 ending spoiler ahoy*
Spoiler: show
Taking on the possible context of the words at the ending, it would also make sense seeing as the general concensus there is that the mage dies, so having him reincarnate as a magically-based pokemon makes some sense.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #24413
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyzu View Post
*pops in* Hi guys! *waves ecstatically before rushing out*
Hi, Pengy! *waves*

P.S. The only FF games I've played are Mystic Quest, FF6, and Tactics Advance.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #24414
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

P.S. The only FF games I've played are FF6.
My absolute most favorite video game ever!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #24415
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
So this is cool, there's a classmate of mine whose family is moving to England over the summer, and they're also going on a Mediterranean cruise too! They're going to be in Ascot (sp?), is that close to anybody living in England?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #24416
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Where would each of your 'mon fall on the good-evil+lawful-chaotic scale?

I'm not so familiar with this chaotic/lawful stuff, but based on whatever I understand:

Apollo (Combusken): Chaotic Good
Osage (Sneasel): Lawful Evil
Riff (Corphish): Neutral Good
Rukia (Swellow): Neutral Good
Don (Murkrow): Chaotic Neutral
Rune (Trapinch): Neutral Good
Heph (Torkoal): True Neutral
Old 01-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #24417
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Character Alignments:

Balmund: True Neutral

Orchrist (Seviper): Chaotic Selfish.
Sothe (Sceptile): Chaotic Good
Kara (Totodile): Neutral Good
Kurthnaga (Aerodactyl): Chaotic Neutral
Durandal (Salamence): Lawful Good
Vega (Arbok): Lawful Neutral
Kerrigan (Mantlarva): Neutral Evil
Narsil (Gabite): Chaotic Neutral
Fa (Dunsparce): Neutral Good
Zelgius (Scizor): Lawful Good
Arthur (Ralts): Lawful Good
Seath (Dratini): True Neutral
Solaire (Larvesta): True Neutral

::FB::WF::
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #24418
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
Character Alignments:
Orchrist (Seviper): Chaotic Selfish.
Nice.

Maybe I should've just put Minerva's alignment as "You don't want to know." XD
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #24419
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Updates roll out so much faster when you finally piece together the overall plot for the adventure in your head... had some trouble getting a few of them to take off, hopefully a new batch will be ready by tomorrow. Don't hold me to that though! :P
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #24420
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Nice.

Maybe I should've just put Minerva's alignment as "You don't want to know." XD
Totally. x)

Also, I must agree with defining an "evil" character as a delicate thing. It can easily come off the wrong way if done poorly. Besides, most sociopaths you can't really tell apart from normal folk. I've been almost tempted to shift my Aerodactyl completely over to the evil side, but I know he actually has a soft spot for some things. I picture him like Sandor Clegane in many ways.

Kerrigan however ... there0s a reason I wrote her so quiet, and her glare so intense. You don't want to know what she's thinking.

::FB::WF::
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #24421
Hayward
Ronin Harrier

Scraggy

>Username?
Mine comes from the iconic U of O track & field stadium, Hayward Field (Wikipedia). I suppose if I had been from England, my handle would have been Old Trafford.

>evil pogeys?
I don't have any, nor do I plan to.

>character alignments?
Like Charm, I'm not up on the stuff all that much, but I suppose Will and his squad would all be Lawful Good. Just call us "Team Virtuous" haha

pc | bag | cc

art by kiseki
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #24422
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Kerrigan however ... there's a reason I wrote her so quiet, and her glare so intense. You don't want to know what she's thinking.
Obligatory question: should Seshiro be worried?

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 01-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #24423
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Chaotic Good and Lawful Evil characters are my favourite, because they require a lot of development and need to be roleplayed well. I especially like seeing well-done Lawful Evil characters, because it's so easy to associate an "evil" character with some mindless brute who's bent on killing everyone. Someone who's Lawful Evil might be a mastermind, or a manipulator, or someone that makes you question whether or not they're actually evil in the first place.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 AM   #24424
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Besides, most sociopaths you can't really tell apart from normal folk.
It's funny how many people don't seem to get this. They assume that there are easily recognizable "signs," or that someone who's sociopathic must look or act a certain way that allows them to be "picked out of a crowd" by a trained eye. If only it were that simple.

I once knew an individual who definitely had sociopathic tendencies (my guess is he would qualify for Narcissistic Personality Disorder). On the surface, he seemed of the "lawful good" alignment. He was big on the idea of justice and "defending those in need," particularly women in violent or abusive relationships or suffering from low self-esteem... except that once he would "defend" them from whatever they were facing, he would gradually play on their weaknesses and manipulate them into being his pawns, be it for sex, or revenge, or what have you, all while pretending he had their best interests at heart. True, he would get them out of some very bad relationships, but it was basically out of the frying pan and into the fire. He was brilliant at what he did, and he often had 5-6 girls being played at once. He also occasionally did this for revenge on women he thought were "useless scum" for betraying people whom he considered friends or what have you... He would pretend to rescue them and then throw them into a worse situation out of spite.

That is how I picture lawful evil.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 01-29-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #24425
Rakurai
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
TSpeaking of which I have a new topic.
Is there a pokemon in your team that's evil? (and if no do you plan on having an evil pokemon?)
Nope. Nor do I intend to have any.

As for the whole alignment thing, I believe everyone would be neutral good. If/when I get a Deino, it would probably end up being lawful good once it's fully evolved, though.

Last edited by Rakurai; 01-29-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out