UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #2501
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Whoops. Alright, let's see what I can find...

For some reason, the video with Chihaya in her qipao has evaded me. But I did find one of her early route performances (with dancing).

Spoiler: show
You may notice an air of arrogance in her singing. She's like this to everyone but The Producer, so one develops a high opinion of her at first.

When she regains the resolve to sing "Aoi Tori", it goes something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsweeney View Post
At last! It's not the same chick but whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk1...eature=related

Sounds like it could be like AC/DC's "Big Balls" in having double meaning.
I think that's from an anime OP or something, one of the hallmarks of IM@S is that the artists will often sing anime themes or other J-Pop songs. I'm certain I've heard that piece in Nico Nico Douga medleys, but it's not one of the original songs from IM@S.

Maybe L4U though.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-17-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #2502
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcsweeney View Post
At last! It's not the same chick but whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk1...eature=related

Sounds like it could be like AC/DC's "Big Balls" in having double meaning.
Yeah wow. Although I think the English translation is much more damning than the original Japanese lyrics, which are pretty ambiguous. Like, with those, you have to force the argument. But with the English translation as provided, there's no argument to be forced: the lyrics are clearly sexual. So I think the translator's a little guilty of introducing bias, and I think he became aware of this himself and tried to backpedal (only too late) in the comments on the Youtube page where you can see he keeps trying to calm people down by telling them, "Look, there was nothing explicitly sexual in the original song. ¬_¬"

For instance, the line he's translated at 1:04 as "Raise my ecstasy endlessly till the bottom of my heart" ... there's no mention of ecstasy anywhere in that line. もっと高めて果てなく心の奥まで would be "Raise it more, endlessly, to the very depths of my heart." ([lit. until, not to, but not how we say it in English]) The unspoken "it" she's referring to is presumably the pleasure she spoke of in the last line, "midareru yorokobi wo" 乱れる喜びを. Problem is, there are multiple spellings for yorokobi in Japanese, and one is not so carnal (喜び) while another I have seen used more often in carnal contexts (悦び). Without the original spelling (as would be the case just by listening to a song), it's anyone's guess what was said. Hence ambiguous. But this translator has elected to translate it as "ecstasy" (which has a more carnal connotation, especially in today's English-speaking world) instead of "joy" or "pleasure" which are 100% the English equivalents of 喜び. You wouldn't think sex necessarily if someone said "the joy of causing chaos", which is one possible reading for that line. Hell, the line could even be potentially read as 乱れる、喜びを (note the comma) in which case it completely changes the meaning to something about disrupting/scrambling people's happiness. Kinda like a little she-devil, then. Anyway ...

It's definitely a racy song imo in the end. Like, the line at 1:10, following her mention of the technique that only Mr. Agent knows (correctly translated), she asks him to 溶かし尽くして (lit. "melt-exhaust me", English kinda-lit. "melt me away" or English equivalent ... explained now -->). Thing is, 溶ける (intransitive "to melt," e.g. "metal melts at high temperatures") is used all the time in Japanese sex talk by both men and women, men commenting that their dicks feel like they're melting and women commenting that their insides feel like they're melting. So when she says not just the transitive imperative "melt me" (tokashite) but rather the transitive imperative "melt me away", the sexual undertone is that she's basically saying "fuck my brains out" / "fuck me till I am exhausted". Does she literally say such a thing? Of course not! She simply says "use the technique that only you know to melt me away." But ... yeaaaaaaaah. I think we all know what's going on here. So in the end, even if I think this guy's English translation is more damning than the original song lyrics would suggest, he was still correct to observe that the song was awfully sexual in its undertones.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #2503
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
For some reason, the video with Chihaya in her qipao has evaded me. But I did find one of her early route performances (with dancing).

You may notice an air of arrogance in her singing. She's like this to everyone but The Producer, so one develops a high opinion of her at first.

When she regains the resolve to sing "Aoi Tori", it goes something like this.
The first one was okay. Can't say I really cared for the song too much, but knowing that she's basically singing about herself to some extent lends it added oomph. But then the second one? Wow. Sounds like a heartwrenched girl. Like, torn between two loves.

Speculation given what we've talked about:
I dunno if each of the girls falls in love with the Producer in all paths, but it's pretty obvious given what we've talked about that Chihaya does and that it tears her up because she's so dedicated to singing that she feels like she has to choose between one love (Producer-san) and another (singing).

If that's the case, then I have a question for you: why doesn't she just quit being an idol and go become a soloist with a different music production agency? At this point, she's already been discovered. People know who she is. And (as in the game) she's got the best voice of all the girls and the greatest potential to make it as a musician. Sooo ... surely she's been scouted by other studios. So why not have her cake and eat it too? Why not ...
1) quit being an idol, but keep on singing by signing on with a different studio that is willing to market her as a young J-pop soloist ŕ la Ohtsuka Ai and not as an idol ŕ la Morning Musume's various girls?
2) go ahead and date/marry Producer-san? He won't lose his job as a result of this and neither will you since you've already quit it in advance?
3) not give a shit about the angry otaku fans who feel like you've trampled on their virgin hearts because you've already made it abundantly clear you're in this for the singing, not the idoling?

Chihaya is the anti-Iori -- great singing voice but zero desire to be worshipped as everyone's idol -- and so I fail to see why she feels like a romance with any guy would be something which forces her to pick between love and singing. She can clearly have both. It's the girls like Iori who would be more screwed -- because being an idol is all they've got, so if they go and pick love, they're pretty much screwed professionally and will have to either become a housewife or else go and get some job skills.

It would be great if the Idolmaster anime (a) covers Game 1's plot points as I've previously stated and (b) were to follow "the Chihaya path". But I doubt we're going to see that. If anything, we'll probably see a non-romantic "all the girls matter equally, some more than others " path instead. Haruka and Miki will probably be the "main" girls but I'm sure Chihaya, Iori, Azusa, and Mami & Ami will also have plenty of time in the spotlight. And all the girls, really, will probably be seen. Which kinda sucks ... if they had the budget for it (which, given the animation quality, they clearly don't ^^; ) and if they thought the fans had the desire to see it, it would have been sweet if they'd done a 52-episoder or something and allotted an average of 5 episodes per girl (allowing for overlap for some girls ŕ la Yosuga no Sora). But I guess that would have been stretched out fairly long (an entire year of Idolmaster!?) and there's no way it would have made back its budget since most IM@S fans, I imagine, will religiously buy the games but will be fence-sitters when it comes to supplementing their pirated copies of the anime with legit ones.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #2504
McSweeney
Soul Badge

I think the original video I saw of Iori a long time ago had an even more blatant translation, and the only comment on there was something like, "Wow, Iori singing a song for adults :O" therefore, my WTF moment.

I read another Fukumoto manga called Buraiden Gai (Legend of the Outlaw Gai). It's about a junior high school kid with incredible fighting skills, framed for a murder he didn't commit. He now has to escape from a horrifying detention facility, while clearing his name at the same time.

Cool manga, but my least favourite Fukumoto story so far. Kurosawa was way better. It did, however, have DARTH YASUOKA

GOT YOUR NOSE!

That's not actually Yasuoka from Akagi, just a detective who looks a lot like him. Maybe his son? He even has the same tweed jacket!

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"

Last edited by McSweeney; 05-17-2011 at 12:56 PM.
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #2505
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Lol, it really does look like a lightsaber.

Just how many mangas has Fukumoto written!? Ages ago when we all saw Akagi and Kaiji hadn't even aired yet, I felt like there were only three we ever mentioned: Akagi, Ten, and Kaiji. Then the Kaiji anime came out and eventually the name Kurosawa entered its way into our conversations. Since then, you've added to the field the names Zero and Gai. That's six mangas! I had no idea Fukumoto was so prolific! How long were each of these? How many are still ongoing? And perhaps a better question ...

Just how many manga series, total, has Fukumoto written after all!?

P.S. A guy who's drawn this many mangas for this long has NO excuse for still drawing faces this badly. It's gotta be deliberate at this point. His hallmark. His signature style, if you will. Lets everyone know it's him and that they should care.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #2506
Bluejolteon
Boulder Badge

hes written/writing 10 on his own and 3 in co operation with others

You talkin to me?
Bluejolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #2507
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Fukumoto is great because he's like, "I can't draw ... fuck it, I'm making a kick ass manga anyway".

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 05-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #2508
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejolteon View Post
hes written/writing 10 on his own and 3 in co operation with others
Not that many. If you're going off the Wikipedia entry, a lot of those are just different series of Kaiji, but there's also some missing ones. What I know of: Akagi, Kaiji, Ten, Gin to Kin, Gai, Pen-chan, Kurosawa, Zero, tell me if I missed one. Two others he wrote the story for but not the art (Seizon Life and Confession).

There's also been some spinoffs of his work that he didn't make: Some guy did a manga called Hero which follows Hiroyuki after the end of Ten, CLAMP made a Washizu one-shot, and now another guy is making a manga about Washizu when he was younger. Behold, Washizu with a front row seat at the strip show!

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"

Last edited by McSweeney; 05-17-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #2509
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Okay, that's pretty creepy. It's the smile. WTF.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #2510
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
OTL

Sorry, sometimes there's a major disconnect between my eyes, brain, and fingers. Though I can say I'm pretty neutral to however I'm called - Dopple, Doppel or DCD. :p
Well, I only insist that, if you're going to use my whole username, you spell it correctly. On other forums I used to frequent, I'd sometimes get shortened to just "Mew", which is fine, though I insisted on being called ?Mew, no one ever did, and that's fine. Like Blue, feel free to think up your own nickname for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post

You can call me whatever you want. Back in my early forum days I used to insist on being called "Blue", but of course no one did upon first meeting so "Lilblue" or "LBC" became default. Only unownmew and a few other old friends of mine still know me by that name.

That said, you may switch over to Yuki if you wish. I'll probably change back to lilbluecorsola someday though, perhaps if I ever get de-modded. I just wanted a cool new username and color like Loki's to show off. XD Nah, jk. I've always wanted to try out this name. Still, I'll forever identify myself on Pokémon forums as simply "that girl obsessed with shiny blue Corsola". Hence the same post color.

(Alternatively, you could try your hand at coming up with your own nickname for me too. Heck, Muyo sometimes calls me DAC: "Diminutive Aquatic Corsola".)

Still no ML progress. Was trying to coax unownmew to join the brigade, so I'm stalling a bit more in case he wants to try and catch up.
Don't ever change, "that girl obsessed with shiny blue Corsola" is my good friend.
Though I do find Yuki quite a fitting name for you as well.
*Flash of inspiration* I think I know what I'll call you from now on while you have the name Yuki.
As I was telling Yuki in PM, don't expect me to be jumping on the brigade anytime soon, due to exterior factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Out of curiosity, is DCD an abbreviation? What's it stand for?

I've also wondered where are all the girls on this forum. >>; ^^;
You're our Token Female, SnowGirl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
If you want cute H stories, Google Inuboshi. They're about as cute and sweet as it gets. That's if you can ignore/enjoy a little/a lot of depravity. I think you might be able to appreciate it though.
Hmm, what exactly do you mean by depravity? That sounds more like something I wouldn't like much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
It has less to do with speaking Japanese and more to do with knowing the franchise. I know next to nothing about Blood+ so reading the Story page raised more questions than it provided answers. So I had to head on over to Wikipedia and do my homework: and in the process of doing so, I found the answer to your question anyway.

Blood: the Last Vampire
Blood+
Blood-C

It looks like someone named Production I.G. made a popular movie in 2000 called Blood: the Last Vampire. A spin-off was made in 2005 that you fell in love with called Blood+. According to Wiki, and I quote, "Blood+ was inspired by the 2000 anime film Blood: The Last Vampire; however, there are only a few allusions and basic elements from the film." It sounds like Blood+ is as much a retelling of Blood: the Last Vampire as The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker is a retelling of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. (Hint: it's not.) It's more the case that they're completely different stories but they happen to have for shits and giggles some of the most important characters bearing the same names (e.g. Saya in the film, Otonashi Saya in the first anime).

And it looks like Blood-C is going to continue that trend. Just as Code Geass was "CLAMP meets mecha meets Sunrise screenplay," it looks like Blood-C is supposed to be "CLAMP meets vampires meets CLAMP screenplay." Basically, CLAMP fans are supposed to be titillated that CLAMP is doing a dark gritty vampire thing (SURPRISE! They're totally cashing in on Twilight fangirlism ) while Blood+ fans are supposed to be excited, I guess =\, that they get to see a re-envisioning of their favorite anime but with CLAMP character designs and a different, CLAMP-thought-up plot.

Back to the Japanese website then. If you go to the Story section, which was where I started before saying "Shit, I don't know this franchise, let's go to Wikipedia and look stuff up" , you'll notice that they talk about the franchise's history up top and then ... surprise ... they reveal that this new anime was originally conceived of as BLOOD X CLAMP. "What would happen if we took the Blood universe but CLAMP-ified the character designs? :3" And then, thinking themselves both cute and clever, they changed the name from Blood x Clamp to Blood-C. (GET IT? GET!? THE C STANDS FOR CLAMP!!!! [/sarcastic excitement])

Back to us and speculation. I would think that this anime should interest you if:
a) you like CLAMP's more action-packed, gritty stories (X, Tokyo Babylon, ... X, Tokyo Babylon )
b) you like vampires regardless

If you don't like either of those things and it was something else which drew you in to Blood+, then you might be disappointed by this. From what little I know of Blood+ from an enthusiastic friend irl, it's a pretty fucked-up-at-times show with a psychotic sister character who murders, dismembers, etc all manner of things or people. I don't think you should expect that from Blood-C. Expect instead a ton of bishies (hell, you can already see some of them on the Character page), some sympathizable vampires, etc. Basically, expect X meets Twilight. I loved X. I've never seen nor have any desire to see Twilight. I will probably not be watching Blood-C with you guys this summer. (Loved Dracula. And my vampire fandom ends right there. )
I guess I should have tried wikipedia.. It never really came to mind though. ^^;
Thanks for the effort and for clarifying things for me. I've never seen any CLAMP action anime, so I don't know what to expect, but I'll try the series out anyway.

Last edited by unownmew; 05-18-2011 at 07:22 AM.
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #2511
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

This page from an Inuboshi manga should give multiple answers, including what I meant by depravity, and what I meant by really sweet. I normally wouldn't dare talk about Inuboshi on this forum, but I figured that since you were able to play through Wanko to Kurasou, this kinda thing wouldn't bother you too much. Actually, I thought you might be able to appreciate it. If I'm wrong, then I apologize. I think Inuboshi should make a some non-H titles though. He really is great at creating "D'awwwww" moments, and a title full of them without the H would be awesome.

For things I am watching....I am watching nothing that I'm not talking about in other threads.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 05-18-2011 at 11:17 PM.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #2512
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

After seven dull/stupid/insulting Steins episodes, we finally got a good an exciting one! I'm not sure if I should be flabbergasted or disappointed (since I desperately want to call this a bad series), but I was pleased by the development, even if it was pretty stock.

I suspect the part-time worker girl is John Titor, she has a pendant with his symbol as an "important treasure" and acts like she's a tourist to the time-period. Wouldn't be surprised if 5pb pulled a FSN gender-bending angle for the famous time traveler.

I also suspect the only reason Kyouma remembers the time travel changes is he's the "observer" of the quantum mechanical phenomenon, i.e. the rest of the world becomes a probability cloud when he instigates the time travel events, so he gets separated from it and its changes. It does beg the question of what happened in the very beginning with the satellite and Makise Kurisu getting murdered, but it's all haphazard to me.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #2513
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I haven't gone very far, but I want to talk about Demonbane.

It hasn't impressed me yet, but stylistically, it's completely different from other Nitro+ works. I notice Urobuchi Gen didn't write it. It shows! It reminds me of One Piece for crying out loud, the slapstick and very heavy anime/moe influence kind of belie it as a Nitro+ work. Even the pleasurable delusions in C;H weren't as slapstick as this.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #2514
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
This page from an Inuboshi manga should give multiple answers, including what I meant by depravity, and what I meant by really sweet. I normally wouldn't dare talk about Inuboshi on this forum, but I figured that since you were able to play through Wanko to Kurasou, this kinda thing wouldn't bother you too much. Actually, I thought you might be able to appreciate it. If I'm wrong, then I apologize. I think Inuboshi should make a some non-H titles though. He really is great at creating "D'awwwww" moments, and a title full of them without the H would be awesome.

For things I am watching....I am watching nothing that I'm not talking about in other threads.
Hmm, I saw the page, but I'm still uncertain what you meant by depravity, I didn't seem to see any there, unless you were meaning a certain reference I saw involving the lotion? If that's the case, I think I understand now. The cuteness I saw was certainly good though.

I guess I could give Inuboshi a try, and if I don't like what I see I'll let you know. To be honest though, I rarely "seek out" H-stories, I just read what I come across that looks interesting.

Last edited by unownmew; 05-20-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #2515
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Bwahaha, Talon's never going to play this VN. I just got to the first H-scene and it was surprisingly readable. I guess because it wasn't taken too seriously, like a Rance H-scene, but there was sadly no NA! NA! NA NA NA NA.

Demonbane is thus far a combination of generic super robot, Big O and Nanoha. I'm surprisingly interested, even though it's nothing special thus far. Doctor West better become an ally.

Through Chapter 3. I also am really attracted to the characters and really want Kurou to bang Al and The Princess. Like, BADLY. Every scene with those two feels like the sexual tension skyrockets.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #2516
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Hmm, I saw the page, but I'm still uncertain what you meant by depravity, I didn't seem to see any there
I'm pretty sure "fucking an 8-year old up the ass" constitutes depravity.

Quote:
Bwahaha, Talon's never going to play this VN.
Which VN? Demonbane? Not interested in the character art, so no, probably not. But I don't get the impression that's what you were going for. *clicks on main female character* Oh, I see. Well then, no, I'm not.

Quote:
Through Chapter 3. I also am really attracted to the characters and really want Kurou to bang Al and The Princess. Like, BADLY. Every scene with those two feels like the sexual tension skyrockets.
LOL, what is this? I've never seen you so randy before. Are you finally coming out of your "omg they're holding hands! " shell? Well, I guess I'll know that's happened when you write up a post saying "So, I watched Kiss x Sis episode 8 yesterday ..."
Old 05-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #2517
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Which VN? Demonbane? Not interested in the character art, so no, probably not. But I don't get the impression that's what you were going for. *clicks on main female character* Oh, I see. Well then, no, I'm not.

LOL, what is this? I've never seen you so randy before. Are you finally coming out of your "omg they're holding hands! " shell? Well, I guess I'll know that's happened when you write up a post saying "So, I watched Kiss x Sis episode 8 yesterday ..."
Hey, don't count me as a paedo just yet! While true, Al's thighs and her passive aggressive approach to attracting Kurou is rather endearing, but this is the girl I've taken a mighty fancy to.

I don't know what about this novel makes me want to see the charaters bang, but the H-scenes, due to their comedic/slapstick treatment, have thus far been very "fun" to read. Like Rance's H-scenes, but less brutal/dehumanizing. And there's been no actual "H" per say...one guy got a blow job, the other was [tentacle] groped.

I doubt this is going to be a transcendental experience, but even playing KH, I never wanted to see characters get banged as desperately as I wanted to in DB, except maybe

Takeru and Sumika in Alternative.

The H-scenes aren't awkwardly placed either, the plot glides into them and just as easily glides out. Quite masterful! I can't believe I'm praising not-quite H-scenes. o_o
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-21-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #2518
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure "fucking an 8-year old up the ass" constitutes depravity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
I didn't seem to see any there, unless you were meaning a certain reference I saw involving the lotion
When you put it in such a vile manner, of course it is.

Last edited by unownmew; 05-22-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #2519
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"When I put it in such a vile manner"? Yes, because surely it isn't the comic itself which is depicting a vile act in a light-hearted manner. "Let's all dawwww at this sex abuse of an eight-year old because idn't she so cuuuuute? "
Old 05-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #2520
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Hey Talon, have you heard of B Gata H Kei?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #2521
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yeah. Never watched or read it though. Why?
Old 05-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #2522
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The village I'm currently rooming at in BVS is "B Gata Village - The Village Hidden in H Kei" and the Kage is very enthusiastic about it. Summary from wiki -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
B Gata H Kei revolves around 15 year old high school student Yamada whose lascivious nature causes her to aspire to one day achieve sexual relations with 100 different partners. However, her insecurities as a virgin leads her to reject every guy that attempts to make a move on her. In order to hurdle this mental barrier Yamada goes on a search for her "golden cherry", an inexperienced boy whom she will bestow the right to be her first. One day while perusing a bookstore for the replacement of a dictionary she had defiled by highlighting all the sexual terms, Yamada has a fateful encounter with classmate Kosuda Takashi. Believing that Kosuda is the boy she is looking for Yamada goes to great lengths to try and seduce him. All the while, she discovers the difficulties in making that first important step towards reaching her goals, not to mention, finding out her true feelings for Kosuda Takashi.
Felt like a title that would interest you, so I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. seen it.

Sorry, still groggy.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 05-22-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #2523
McSweeney
Soul Badge

I watched the "money scene" from the last episode, uncensored version. That's all I needed!

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #2524
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What kind of money are we talking about here?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #2525
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
"When I put it in such a vile manner"? Yes, because surely it isn't the comic itself which is depicting a vile act in a light-hearted manner. "Let's all dawwww at this sex abuse of an eight-year old because idn't she so cuuuuute? "
Well, for one, I don't know the age of that girl, she could be 8, or she could be 15, now, she's depicted as young, but that doesn't mean she is, it leaves us free to speculate on purpose, and I've seen plenty of people of various ages that act in a similar manner as she did, you however, placed a definitive age on her against the will of the artist (unless her age is specified on another page of the comic? I only saw the one page, so I can only say things are vague.)

Secondly, the act is not depicted in any way on that page, it is only alluded to, so, there is no depiction of a "vile act" anywhere.

Thirdly, is more about personal opinions and terminology. "Fucking an 8-year-old up the ass" is meant to carry a vile tone to it, for one, "Fuck" (at least used to long in the past), carried with it a very demeaning, hostile, and resentful connotation. "Fornication Under Consent of the King" (basically the king got first dibs on a newly married wife), is a very disrespectful term, and denotes exactly a "vile act", whereas, "sex" is something couples in love do, and is perfectly apropriate, and copulation is what all animals do in order for their species to survive, starting at the very moment they are capable of reproducing, whereas "civilized" humans, by law, should not start until 8 years after they become capable of reproducing (puberty at 9-14, and statutory until 18, but it doesn't stop them from starting before then in spite of the law).

Also, to me, "Abuse" means, doing something against someone's will, which will more often then not, hurt that person is some way (physically, emotionally, mentally, etc.), or forcing someone into doing something that they do not want to do. Was she raped? If that was the case, I would completely support your opinion of it being a "vile act", not because of her age, but because the act of rape itself is a form of abuse, and the thought of which, I can not abide. Or did she ask for it explicitly? Perhaps she is precocious? King Tut and his sister were around 9-10 when he became Pharaoh and she became his wife. They had sex, they tried to have children, was that "sexually abusing a child"? (not just loli, but bother-sister loli incest!! ) It was expected of the King to produce an heir to the throne.

I remember in the news a while back some politician in another state saying to make condoms available to 11-year-olds because "they're going to do it anyway." Is it wrong for a couple about that age to engage in sexual intercourse? And if not, why then would it be inappropriate for someone of that same age to do so with someone older then them under similar circumstances? (Again, I do NOT support "forcing your way with someone" in any aspect)

IMO, if both parties have consented and are aware of what it entails (this requires case-by-case evaluation), there is nothing inherently wrong with it. (Though IMO, for real life, it should carry with it a very heavy commitment, as weighty as marriage, instead of something people do promiscuously)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime