UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 07-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #401
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 2o

Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: While the veteran huntress put her lockpicking skills to work, you take the opportunity to probe the young hunstman for intel on the dangers in store. The source of the threat’s power wasn’t entirely clear, a sentiment which Ammorith seemed to share on second thought: “Y’know, I’m too sure – but when they spend so long in your mind it’s almost like you get a taste of theirs’. It feels like the magic of the Rapidash and rider are intertwined. I’ve seen that ugly mare do things no Rapidash is naturally capable of – and his other fairy type is just as powerful.”

“Followers?” He continues, as you try to ascertain the league of the threat, “He doesn’t have any – other than his Rapidash and his muscle, a gnarly beast covered in dark purple hair. But make no mistake, while under his will we’ll do things that no loyal servant would. I’ve seen hunters run straight to their death to try catch a Zygarde cell… Whatever he is compiling with them must be worth more than our lives – or to him, our lives are just worthless.” It was unnerving to consider one man could achieve so much singlehandedly but having little want to add the will of others to his contingencies said much about his character, and vulnerabilities to the same effect.

Ammorith mulls on your outstanding question for a moment: “I’ll bet our Pokemon are in his cabin in the front carriage of the road train, that’s where he goes to sleep when we’re not on the move - other times he’s out at the reins. I don’t think any Hunter has ever seen the inside his quarters, it seems only logical he would keep anything that he wouldn’t want us getting our hands on in there.”

“Bingo!” with a click the shackles fell apart, Lilev struggling to her feet. She quickly does the rounds on the rest of your cuffs, the weight of the world feeling lighter as you come to a wobbly stand. The shackles were just one small hurdle in the path to escape, one wrong move and you could be right back where you started – or worse.

Lilev seemed to have an idea though, “I can’t imagine we’ll have much time before they’re on us – Ammorith and I will round up as many Hunters as we can while you try and sneak to the front of the train and collect our Pokeballs.” The Hunters were better placed rounding up their kin and you your Pokemon, not to mention Lilev was the only capable lockpick – and yet you can’t shake the feeling you’d been given the riskier assignment. “But Xander, you hear as much as a pin drop in that cabin I want you to head straight back the way you came, got it? You’ll be no good to your Pokemon dead.”

“Oh, and before you go kid, take this. I’m surprised it wasn’t confiscated – but then, why would it be?” The starlike trinket glistened gold, reminiscent of a sheriff’s badge sans for a coloured bevel which adorned a point of each star, illustrative of the five biomes of the Cradle. “For what it’s worth, you’re one of us now kid – you always were.” You pocket the Hunter’s Badge, the fleeting initiation filling your weak bones with enough courage to carry you through the dangers alone. The huntress departs with an encouraging pat while the huntsman shakes your hand with a firm determination, the three of you breaking apart for what you hoped wasn’t the last time.

The night’s cold nips at you as you push through to the next carriage up, chock full of hunting supplies and food stores but nothing like to house your Pokemon. The next cart offers much of the same, although you must have been nearing your destination as the next door up looked out of place amidst the bleak surrounds; sturdier than the ones that came before, you notice its bolts and handles decorated with a rose gold finish and on closer inspection, an antique seven-digit combination lock. Damn it! There was no way you could pick your way through it, even with Lilev’s help. You would need to crack the code of letters and numbers if you ever hoped to gain passage to your Pokemon. You eyes dart around for clues in desperation, noticing an inscription etched on the ceiling which simply read:

You force heaven to be empty

Last edited by Emp; 07-28-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:15 AM   #402
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- With Ty, Tyranitar, Mojumbo, Surgei and yourself, it takes no time at all to unload the wagon. You pile up the crates of supplies next to those already scattered around the mine's entrance. With that task sorted, it was time to head in and hopefully meet your future employers! You follow Ty into the carefully excavated tunnel. Wooden supports have been placed to try and prevent an unexpected cave it, while oil lamps have been placed at regular intervals, illuminating your surroundings once the sunlight is no longer able to. The tunnel is only shallow, only a good thirty metres deep before it opens up into a small chamber.

A handful of people stood motionless around the chamber. You pause, waiting for a moment for someone to move, but they remain a still as statues. "What the bloody hell is going on here", Ty breaks the tense silence. What indeed was going on here. You head to the nearest body, a young woman draped in a lab coat, thick glasses resting on her nose. A look of absolute terror is frozen on her face. In her hand is a notebook, which Ty pries from her hands. While he begins to flip through, you make some more observations. Most of the people were facing in one direction, towards a structure on the far side of the chamber. Some were mid turn, like they were turning to flee. You walk towards the structure, which seemed to be some sort of large stone seal, now blasted apart.

"We uncovered the seal several days ago, but only now have we managed to decode the inscription." Ty reads, walking towards you. "Our native translators had warned us as soon as it was uncovered. Despite their pleas, the boss has insisted that we break it. One of the translators told me the legend of the seal, a story ingrained in the tribe's history." Ty pauses, pulling a small pair of reading glasses out of his pocket. "Sorry kid, this thing is pretty lengthy. Can't believe the bloody idiots didn't listen to the natives, that's rule number one for Guardian's sake. Ty puts on his glasses and continues to read the tale recorded by the young scientist.

"Centuries ago a shaman rose to power. Not much is known of his origins, only rumours that he was born by the Cradle itself. The shaman's power was so great that his village's elders sort to execute him, fearing what he could accomplish. They were right to be fearful. They failed to pull off the execution, the shaman was rescued by a band of his followers. This act begun a brutal rebellion. Word spread quickly through the Cradle. Many tribes acted rashly, killing anyone versed in magic out of fear they'd join the shaman. This only fuelled the rebellion. Driven into desperate measures, the shaman turned to dark magic. He begun draining Pokemon of their energy, boosting his power to a remarkable level but twisting himself in the process. Soon even those close to him begun to fear his power, as did the Guardians of the Cradle. The Guardians were forced into hiding, fearing the shaman would seek their power as well. Instead the shaman turned to the Mausoleum. The remains of the demons spoke to him, driving him, fuelling his hatred and cementing his decent into darkness. The combined might of all of the Cradle's tribes wasn't enough to bring the shaman to heel. When all seemed lost, the Guardian's bestowed two young warriors with the power to seal the shaman away, entombing him within the Mausoleum." Ty lets out a satisfied groan, finally getting through the narrative. "Well, that was quite a story, but it doesn't exactly explain what happened here does it?" Something strange had certainly happened here, but could it really have anything to do with that legend? Were these people dead, or just frozen? There were so many questions to answer here......

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #403
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- You were out gunned. Kyurem was handling Salazzle without issue ad you had a feeling the Guardian had barely revealed any of its power yet. After tossing Salazzle a Cheri Berry to relieve her of her paralysis, you grab two more balls from your belt and toss them out to aid the newly evolved lizard. Scizor and Bisharp stand strong, both had already been through quite a bit during the climb, but you'd taken care of them and they were at full strength and ready to fight. Kyurem lets out a low growl, almost like it found it amusing that you'd decided to throw more Pokemon at it. Scizor stands at the ready as Salazzle prepares to douse the Dragon in toxins once more, he'd smash through the rock and clear a path for the poison. Salazzle lets fly with a Toxic deluge, Scizor holds his ground.

A tremendous burst of cold surges from Kyurem. Glaciate. It seemed impossible, but the cavern got even colder as the wave of freezing air washed through, freezing the toxic into icicles which shatter harmlessly against the ground. Scizor and Bisharp are all but frozen in place, barely managing to move, while the Heat Balm seems to have somewhat shielded Salazzle from the chilling effect. Unfortunately, Kyurem has other plans for her. As Salazzle looses another Dazzling Gleam, Kyurem stamps its foot into the ground. Although its hurt by the attack, it fails in comparison to the Power that erupts from the Earth beneath Salazzle. The lizard crashes into the ceiling before plummet back down to the cavern floor where she remains, unconscious.

Salazzle gained 2 levels!

Enraged, Scizor bursts forwards, quickly closing the gap between Kyurem and itself with a Bullet Punch. Even the powerful claws of the Scizor fail to chip the ice from Kyurem's body. Bisharp rushes in as well, blades scraping against each other as he throws Kyurem off with a Metal Sound. The pair of Steel types then combine to smash the Guardian with Iron Heads. Bisharp hits hard, almost Defiantly after the the slowing effect of the Glaciate. Continuing their assault, the pair land two powerful Fighting attacks on the Guardian's wings, the blows cracking through the ice..............

Time for you to taste my true strength

Kyurem booms, the spikes on the tips of its wing shoot out, stretching long tubes down to its tail. Energy floods through the tubes, fuelling Kyurem as its form drastically changes. Its tail now burns bright red, half its body seems to have been fused with something else.

Spoiler: show

Kyurem rises up into the air, gathering energy before letting out a bright flare. The flames was over Scizor and Bisharp, dealing a startling amount of damage, although the momentarily relief from the Bittercold is bitter sweet, if Kyurem didn't put an end to them soon, the cold surely would.
White Kyurem. Hugo should have known. His Steel-types wouldn’t stand a chance against Fusion Flare. The fact that they survived the blast at all was nothing short of a miracle. And yet…here they stood. Hugo knew they would succumb to the bittercold soon enough anyway, so he needed to maximize his attacks here.

Salazzle lay at his feet, unconscious. Despite being taken out by Earth Power, he knew in his heart she was meant to play a bigger role here. But how? He thought back on his journey to get here, he thought back to Heidi.

Heidi! She had not only given him the heat balm, but a few other things as well. Hugo quickly rummaged through his backpack, pulling out the Revival Herb. The herb’s bitterness was pungent, filling even the cold, frostbitten air of Kyurem’s lair. He pried open Salazzle’s jaws, careful to avoid any knife-like fangs or deadly poison, and placed the herb on her reptilian tongue. Like a shot of adrenaline, the Poison-types eyes shot open and she gasped for air, jumping to her feet, seemingly revived. She stuck out her tongue in disgust, but hey, she was awake, right? A little gratitude would be nice.

Seemingly remembering where she was, she shot her head toward Kyurem – who of course seemed different now – and bared her toxic fangs in retaliation. Bisharp and Scizor stood nearby, much more worse for wear, but still standing – for now. The three slowly backed toward Hugo, creating a barrier around him so he could provide direction.

“Bisharp, Scizor – you are doing everything I can ask and more. I appreciate your effort more than I can express. But we know this is it. I need you to go down swinging. Can you do that for me?”

The Steel soldiers nodded curtly. Hugo knew Bisharp would be insulted that he was even asking these questions of him.

“I thought so. Bisharp, take the left. Scizor, the right. Salazzle, you stay in the middle. Another Fusion Flare won’t hit all three of you. Salazzle will be able to handle it better by being in the middle. Salazzle, I want you to start with Helping Hand, then use Dragon Pulse. Give them a boost. Scizor, go in for another Bullet Punch, follow it up with Steel Wing and Superpower! Bisharp, catch it off guard with Sucker Punch! Then nail it with Metal Burst and another Revenge!

Here is what is most important. Kyurem is likely to go after Salazzle again with another Earth Power. If it does, I need one of you to sacrifice yourselves to it. Push Salazzle out of the way and take the hit in her stead. Can you do it?!”[/b]

The fire shined in their weary eyes. They would do it if they had to.

“Salazzle, if that happens, follow up with Disable! Let’s go!”
Old 07-31-2020, 04:46 AM   #404
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: While the veteran huntress put her lockpicking skills to work, you take the opportunity to probe the young hunstman for intel on the dangers in store. The source of the threat’s power wasn’t entirely clear, a sentiment which Ammorith seemed to share on second thought: “Y’know, I’m too sure – but when they spend so long in your mind it’s almost like you get a taste of theirs’. It feels like the magic of the Rapidash and rider are intertwined. I’ve seen that ugly mare do things no Rapidash is naturally capable of – and his other fairy type is just as powerful.”

“Followers?” He continues, as you try to ascertain the league of the threat, “He doesn’t have any – other than his Rapidash and his muscle, a gnarly beast covered in dark purple hair. But make no mistake, while under his will we’ll do things that no loyal servant would. I’ve seen hunters run straight to their death to try catch a Zygarde cell… Whatever he is compiling with them must be worth more than our lives – or to him, our lives are just worthless.” It was unnerving to consider one man could achieve so much singlehandedly but having little want to add the will of others to his contingencies said much about his character, and vulnerabilities to the same effect.

Ammorith mulls on your outstanding question for a moment: “I’ll bet our Pokemon are in his cabin in the front carriage of the road train, that’s where he goes to sleep when we’re not on the move - other times he’s out at the reins. I don’t think any Hunter has ever seen the inside his quarters, it seems only logical he would keep anything that he wouldn’t want us getting our hands on in there.”

“Bingo!” with a click the shackles fell apart, Lilev struggling to her feet. She quickly does the rounds on the rest of your cuffs, the weight of the world feeling lighter as you come to a wobbly stand. The shackles were just one small hurdle in the path to escape, one wrong move and you could be right back where you started – or worse.

Lilev seemed to have an idea though, “I can’t imagine we’ll have much time before they’re on us – Ammorith and I will round up as many Hunters as we can while you try and sneak to the front of the train and collect our Pokeballs.” The Hunters were better placed rounding up their kin and you your Pokemon, not to mention Lilev was the only capable lockpick – and yet you can’t shake the feeling you’d been given the riskier assignment. “But Xander, you hear as much as a pin drop in that cabin I want you to head straight back the way you came, got it? You’ll be no good to your Pokemon dead.”

“Oh, and before you go kid, take this. I’m surprised it wasn’t confiscated – but then, why would it be?” The starlike trinket glistened gold, reminiscent of a sheriff’s badge sans for a coloured bevel which adorned a point of each star, illustrative of the five biomes of the Cradle. “For what it’s worth, you’re one of us now kid – you always were.” You pocket the Hunter’s Badge, the fleeting initiation filling your weak bones with enough courage to carry you through the dangers alone. The huntress departs with an encouraging pat while the huntsman shakes your hand with a firm determination, the three of you breaking apart for what you hoped wasn’t the last time.

The night’s cold nips at you as you push through to the next carriage up, chock full of hunting supplies and food stores but nothing like to house your Pokemon. The next cart offers much of the same, although you must have been nearing your destination as the next door up looked out of place amidst the bleak surrounds; sturdier than the ones that came before, you notice its bolts and handles decorated with a rose gold finish and on closer inspection, an antique seven-digit combination lock. Damn it! There was no way you could pick your way through it, even with Lilev’s help. You would need to crack the code of letters and numbers if you ever hoped to gain passage to your Pokemon. You eyes dart around for clues in desperation, noticing an inscription etched on the ceiling which simply read:

As Lilev worked her magic, Ammorith continued to spout whatever details he could about their situation. Xander took in as much as he could, at the moment a lot of it seemed like useless information, but it was helping to fill in the gaps and could prove useful later on. They were interrupted when Lilev let out a successful cheer, thankfully she muffled the celebration and quickly got to work on realising them as well. Free from their restraints, they now had to regain their strength. The plan was simple, Lilev and Ammorith would head back and try and free the other hunters, if they were going to mount an assault, they'd need troupes. Xander would head towards the front of the road train and attempt to recover their Pokemon, no easy feat. They'd likely be under watch or at least lock and key. It was a dangerous mission, he'd be alone and defenceless, one misstep could prove to be his last. Before he set off, Lilev presented him with a Hunter's Badge, officially accepting him into their ranks. It meant a lot, it really did, but Xander couldn't afford to be emotional now.

He worked his way out of the carriage and onto the next. The next carriage was just full of supplies, no sign of Pokeballs but Xander did nick a bit of food which he quickly shovelled into his mouth before moving on. The next carriage was filled with similar supplies but the door to the next carriage was remarkably different. It's bolts and handles were finished with rose gold and if that didn't mark the door as important, the ornate lock certainly did. The old lock required a 7 digit combination, it would take forever to guess and there was no picking a lock like this. Desperate to continue, Xander looked around for any signs of an alternate route. Luck must of been on his side, his eyes drifted upwards to the ceiling where he spotted an inscription.

Surely it was put there on purpose. Perhaps whoever set the lock needed something to remind them of the combination? Xander tinkered with the lock, it seemed to involve both letters and numbers. But how could that inscription relate to the lock? It couldn't be the number of letters in each word, that was only 6 digits. Xander found himself repeating the words over and over, saying them softly, so he could hear them.

Force Heaven

Force Heaven

Four Seven?

Surely not?! Xander loved a good pun, a play on words, was that all this inscription really was? A play on words? Force heaven was surely 4 and 7, and once he had that, he was easily able to decipher the rest. Fiddling with the lock, he put in the combination.

U472BMT

Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #405
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 21

Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: Your companions and your ticket out of this nightmare were on the other side of the locked door – you could feel it in your bones. But with no means to pick your way through you were forced to crack its combination instead; time was ebbing away fast so you send your foggy brain to work on deciphering the inscription etched on the carriage ceiling. Whispering the words aloud tipped you off to a hidden meaning in the phonetics – it seemed almost contrived, but you twist in the combination all the same feeling it click and unbolt with the final letter. There was nothing keeping you out of the sorcerer’s quarters now, a thought filling you with triumph and trepidation in equal measure. It takes all your courage to pry the door open and press through...

The carriage was to your relief vacant, allowing you catch your breath as you pore over its fixtures in stealth. Despite his warriorlike appearance the quarters indicated comfort and status, featuring decorative woodwork and adorned with tapestries evocative of bygone eras of human history. One wall hanging depicting a great stag Pokemon steals away your attention, jewels encrusted into its antlers shimmering a kaleidoscope of colours. The legendary appeared to be imbuing life on landscape, a path of green and floral patterns stitched twisting from its footsteps. It was a beauty to admire, but not what you came for. You rummage around various chests and drawers strewn about the room, coming across all sorts of maps and war trinkets but still no sign of your Pokeballs. There were treasures you would loot in a heartbeat under other circumstances: Skulls of Forgotten Souls, a Bubbling Cauldron, even a pair of Silver Umbra.

In the space of a few minutes you had turned the whole room upside down with nary a sign of your teammates, hope giving way to despair. The festering negativity seems to stir another presence in the room, one that had been perhaps watching you this whole time. Dark tendrils begin to seep from the shadows as an ominous laughter breaks the silence; you’re given no chance of escape as the tentacles coil around your limbs binding you in place. Following the source of the laughter you fix eyes on a gnarly looking its constricts revealed to be locks of hair working like muscle fibers. For as ugly as the Rapidash was in its old age, this Pokemon looked like it was born ugly. Its toothy grin widened as it looked about ready to squeeze the life out of you...

“Release him, Grimmsnarl,” an icy wind washes over your exposed face as the door at the fore of the cabin swings open, the warrior entering calm and composed amidst his raided quarters. He approached in drawn out steps, eyeing up the mess you’d made with curiosity, “You are looking for your companions? I can assure you they are quite safe. They have proved most valuable to our cause – as have you, my brother.”

His composure was unnerving, he seemed to have complete control over the situation – you almost wonder if he had foreseen the encounter all along. The Grimmsnarl had slacked its grip now enough for you move freely, although he was in close enough range to counter about any unexpected movement. The sorcerer gestures to a set of chairs surrounding a small war table depicting the Cradle, from what you could tell, “Please, take a seat. If you want answers I shall offer them to you.” While cooperation sounded optional enough, Grimmsnarl’s snare implied it was anything but. What will you do?

Last edited by Emp; Today at 04:23 AM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:41 AM   #406
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: Your companions and your ticket out of this nightmare were on the other side of the locked door – you could feel it in your bones. But with no means to pick your way through you were forced to crack its combination instead; time was ebbing away fast so you send your foggy brain to work on deciphering the inscription etched on the carriage ceiling. Whispering the words aloud tipped you off to a hidden meaning in the phonetics – it seemed almost contrived, but you twist in the combination all the same feeling it click and unbolt with the final letter. There was nothing keeping you out of the sorcerer’s quarters now, a thought filling you with triumph and trepidation in equal measure. It takes all your courage to pry the door open and press through...

The carriage was to your relief vacant, allowing you catch your breath as you pore over its fixtures in stealth. Despite his warriorlike appearance the quarters indicated comfort and status, featuring decorative woodwork and adorned with tapestries evocative of bygone eras of human history. One wall hanging depicting a great stag Pokemon steals away your attention, jewels encrusted into its antlers shimmering a kaleidoscope of colours. The legendary appeared to be imbuing life on landscape, a path of green and floral patterns stitched twisting from its footsteps. It was a beauty to admire, but not what you came for. You rummage around various chests and drawers strewn about the room, coming across all sorts of maps and war trinkets but still no sign of your Pokeballs. There were treasures you would loot in a heartbeat under other circumstances: Skulls of Forgotten Souls, a Bubbling Cauldron, even a pair of Silver Umbra.

In the space of a few minutes you had turned the whole room upside down with nary a sign of your teammates, hope giving way to despair. The festering negativity seems to stir another presence in the room, one that had been perhaps watching you this whole time. Dark tendrils begin to seep from the shadows as an ominous laughter breaks the silence; you’re given no chance of escape as the tentacles coil around your limbs binding you in place. Following the source of the laughter you fix eyes on a gnarly looking its constricts revealed to be locks of hair working like muscle fibers. For as ugly as the Rapidash was in its old age, this Pokemon looked like it was born ugly. Its toothy grin widened as it looked about ready to squeeze the life out of you...

“Release him, Grimmsnarl,” an icy wind washes over your exposed face as the door at the fore of the cabin swings open, the warrior entering calm and composed amidst his raided quarters. He approached in drawn out steps, eyeing up the mess you’d made with curiosity, “You are looking for your companions? I can assure you they are quite safe. They have proved most valuable to our cause – as have you, my brother.”

His composure was unnerving, he seemed to have complete control over the situation – you almost wonder if he had foreseen the encounter all along. The Grimmsnarl had slacked its grip now enough for you move freely, although he was in close enough range to counter about any unexpected movement. The sorcerer gestures to a set of chairs surrounding a small war table depicting the Cradle, from what you could tell, “Please, take a seat. If you want answers I shall offer them to you.” While the invitation sounded optional, Grimmsnarl’s snare implied it was anything but. What will you do?
The combination had worked! The door swung open, revealing the sorcerer's quarters. They were much more decadent than Xander had expected, he'd expected it too be a bit darker and mysterious? Well there was still plenty of mystery here, the sorcerer had developed quite the collection of items, yet Xander was unable to locate his Pokemon. Where could he be hiding them? He barely got a chance to search, as a Grimmsnarl revealed itself, binding Xander with its powerful hairs. "Ahh fuck", Xander spat, knowing exactly how much trouble he was in. It was hard not to admire the Grimmsnarl though, sure it wasn't the prettiest looking Pokemon, but it was pretty bad ass. The sorcerer soon revealed himself as well, ordering his hench mon to release its hold on Xander. There was an eerie air of complete mystery around the man, Xander couldn't help but fear him. It wasn't all fear though, he was filled with curiosity and the man seemed like he was willing to divulge information. Xander accepted the offer of a chair, eager to get his full.

"I guess I might as well jump straight to the nitty gritty", Xander spoke, trying not to stumble on each word, despite his nervousness. "Who are you? What are you planning and why are you doing it? There's no doubting you have immense power, but why cause so much torment? Something must be driving you. You don't seem the type to be be seeking fame or fortune. I guess what I'm saying is, tell me, tell me everything." Xander wasn't sure how forth coming the sorcerer would be, but if he could keep him talking, it would at least buy more time for Lilev and Ammorith.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles