UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #2601
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It's not terribly easy to do, you say, and yet Doppel does it all the time. ^^; Perhaps he just makes it look easy.

Thirteen of the top sixteen decks being Dragon Ruler may be disgusting, but it's also the sort of thing which could get the cards emergency banned. Remember what Doppel said: the last time Konami ever issued an emergency ban mid-season, it was because the broken cards they had put out were suffocating interest in the tournament scene. And I can't think of any better way to stifle interest in the tournament scene than to make nearly all fifteen of these final matches (fifteen = one championship + two semis + four quarters + eight Sweet Sixteens) be coin flips where it's basically Deck A in Player A's hands vs. Deck A again but in Player B's hands. Big friggin' deal that Player B has one or two different cards from Player A: it's the same goddamn deck and you're not getting away with calling it "Deck B". It's Deck A' at best.

So who knows. Maybe this is exactly what we needed.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #2602
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
It's not terribly easy to do, you say, and yet Doppel does it all the time. ^^; Perhaps he just makes it look easy.
Yes, because using Plant Synchro is exactly the same as JunkDopple Synchro.

I do hope they get emergency banned. Tempest is the most obvious offender. Tidal I've discovered is actually extremely good...and of course it is. Past me didn't realize it was a free Foolish Burial. So he should be limited, as well as Redox.

And no one cards about Blaster.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #2603
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I played pimp, the #1 duelist on DN in terms of wins. He's generally not too shabby with rating and experience, either. He was hanging out in Unlimited to test Sixth Sense Lightsworn, and I went after him with Sixth Sense Dragon Rulers.

I lost, but it was close. Pretty cool!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #2604
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I played pimp, the #1 duelist on DN in terms of wins. He's generally not too shabby with rating and experience, either. He was hanging out in Unlimited to test Sixth Sense Lightsworn, and I went after him with Sixth Sense Dragon Rulers.

I lost, but it was close. Pretty cool!
Now that is pretty darn cool. ^^;

Just had a duel myself, against an Evilswarm deck. Lost the first duel, won the second, and just when I summoned Jeweled Red Dragon Archfiend the guy quit. After I Encored his Ophion on his last turn. XYZ Encore is so mean.

Spoiler: show
Old 10-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #2605
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I played a deck featuring a lot of banned cards in Unlimited, and on the last play I dropped Heavy Storm. The opponent Necro-neos simply let his field get wiped and surrendered. He had Solemn Judgment, Metamorphosis and Creature Swap set. I thought this was kind of weird, given he'd set bluffs but didn't use SJ to reinforce the bluff. That lead to a long conversation in which I learned something about the deck I didn't notice...

Necro-neos: one sec
Necro-neos: yeah, it's fine.
Necro-neos has lost 2000 life points
Necro-neos has lost 2300 life points
Necro-neos has lost 2400 life points
Necro-neos: eff
Necro-neos: spellcaster
Necro-neos: it doesn't specify
Dopple: hold
Dopple: at the time of activation you must declare a type of monster, therefore "Starlight Road" may be chained to "Tribe Infecting Virus"
Necro-neos: oh okay then... then I'll chain
Dopple: why not solemn?
Necro-neos admitted defeat
Dopple: gg
Necro-neos: Why not solemn?
Necro-neos: I'm on 1300
Dopple: you could have negated the heavy
Necro-neos: half of that is 650
Dopple: your cards were face down there's no guarantee it's not another prison or a mirror force
Necro-neos: not sure if you were good at maths you know you'd have game
Dopple: you still have face down cards
Dopple: I would have to be considerate of that
Necro-neos: On unlimited?
Dopple: I'm running OCG Sep 2013
Necro-neos: Plus it's down to what I feel is best.
Dopple: good duel anyway
Necro-neos: If I negated, I would of been left on 650, with myself knowing I had no back row
Dopple: I disagree just because face down traps are a feature of this game, the psychological factor
Dopple: of seeing d prisons earlier in the game
Dopple: and knowing I have sinister serpent which you can reclaim
Necro-neos: You've attacked pretty much every turn.
Necro-neos: I don't think so.
Dopple: but I also had answer
Dopple: like the two lances and heavy storm in hand since early
Dopple: so I didn't attack unless I felt I could counter
Dopple: that bribe fudged me up good because of it
Necro-neos: No matter what, you would of just chanced the attack, you just added a monster to hand, so even if I did stop it, you'd of had cards in hand, plus you have massive hand advantage
Dopple: what I would have done if heavy negated
Dopple: here's where the risk is
Dopple: if you have torrential
Dopple: you can nuke the field right here
Necro-neos: If I have torrential?
Dopple: but I still have a few cards in hand to recover from it
Necro-neos: If you thought that...
Necro-neos: Why not just attack?
Dopple: because of prison
Dopple: remember there's one face down left
Dopple: I don't know what it is
Necro-neos: 2300 over 1600 is 700
Dopple: if you don't torrential the field
Dopple: I expect a battle trap
Dopple: like MF, DP or MC
Dopple: so I'd make something like this
Necro-neos: Yeah, but the thing is... you had next turn set up...
Dopple: just in case
Necro-neos: You take far too much precaution...
Dopple: that's how my deck works
Dopple: it's defensive above all things
Dopple: If I wanted to YOLO go all out attack
Necro-neos: Easy... attack, if it's mf, dp or mc, that's that gone... you then summon what you just did mp2?
Necro-neos: not hard...
Dopple: I'd play OTK instead of control
Dopple: you have banned cards
Dopple: I don't
Dopple: you could drop CED and I wouldn't know how to stop it
Necro-neos: I'm just saying, your reasoning is illogical.
Dopple: actually I could, but that's besides the point
Dopple: Your reasoning is illogical
Dopple: why should I attack without protection?
Necro-neos: It's really not.
Dopple: when I could protect myself and not take the chance?
Dopple: there's almost no reason to attack into a face down if I have removal
Dopple: unless I fear Gorz
Necro-neos: No matter what I had face down, you attack (which would have gone through) with the negation, that's game... if it's anything as feared, you lose Chain. MP2 summon junk, and set up next turn.
Dopple: yes, but you get another draw to stay alive
Necro-neos: that's what I drew into...
Dopple: well, that's how the game works
Necro-neos: that was my hand
Dopple: and you have BLS there
Necro-neos: with no targets.
Dopple: oh
Necro-neos: You know...
Dopple: well, that's how the game works.
Dopple: I'd have used Solemn just for that chance of a winning topdeck
Dopple: like cyber jar or something
Necro-neos: There's no point in trying to think out logical reasoning. If you didn't notice, it was pretty much Goat control, what Cyber jar's have you seen in Goat control?
Necro-neos: I just have some new support
Dopple: I've never played Goats before this
Dopple: I've only heard of the deck
Dopple: though, this kind of goes along with what I've heard about Goats
Necro-neos: To be honest, it was my misplay of ditching knobleman
Necro-neos: If I ditched bls
Necro-neos: Use knobleman on my sinister
Necro-neos: then creature swap chain
Necro-neos: or in general, just discard 2
Necro-neos: but I'd rather of not minused so much
Dopple: and I still had the Reckless set as well
Dopple: if you cleared my field that would have opened it up for Unknown Synchron
Necro-neos: You had mst'd one of two facedowns...
Dopple: I mean before you set them
Necro-neos: it being a normal spell. So you'd of taken the risk of a double bluff.
Dopple: you had a solemn, a swap, and a metamorphosis
Necro-neos: And if it wasn't still had support in hand advantage to come back
Dopple: in your scenario you ditched BLS, swapped TIV
Dopple: for orient I believe
Dopple: yeah Orient was the only card left
Necro-neos: I thought it was Iron Chain tbh...
Necro-neos: Didn't actually bother looking at the card
Dopple: so then you'd have solemn set, and a metamorphosis
Dopple: I'd heavy, you'd negate, then I'd allure to draw MST and snipe the set metamorphosis
Dopple: your field would be clear by then
Dopple: so I still think your setting idea wasn't that bad
Necro-neos: If i'd of set up like I could of, I'd just have an orient dragon on field with no back row or hand.
Dopple: yes there's not much in the way of winning at that point
Dopple: not when i have five cards and a full grave
Necro-neos: Even still with the bluffs, you'd of still mst'd one.
Necro-neos: Leaving 1 left
Dopple: well
Necro-neos: and strong hand advantage naturally means you can push
Dopple: going back to the beginning, I still feel like solemn against heavy is such a common play most players would assume traps and not a bluff
Necro-neos: The most it can be is fiber jar and we pretty much reset the duel.
Necro-neos: Yeah, but it would have left me on 650
Necro-neos: Fair enough, if I was on like 2000+ I would of solemned.
Dopple: like I said though, i don't know Goat capabilities, so I didn't think you were in as bad a shape as you thought you were
Necro-neos: But when I'm on such low life, even just two level 4's and a cowboy would of finished me.
Dopple: my mentality tends to be "every set is solemn warning" because of how threatening backrow can be to my deck
Necro-neos: Even though solemn is a strong card... it's not always played.
Dopple: but the fear of it is the problem
Necro-neos: Some people will let you heavy storm the thing if they feel it's right to.
Dopple: don't forget you negated by SLR
Dopple: which I wasn't expecting and backfired a ton
Dopple: on me
Necro-neos: Not because they think they don't have support. But just 'cause it's really not worht it.
Dopple: I could have simply Veiler the TIV
Dopple: but I opted for the plus and got punished for it
Dopple: that sticks with you throughout the duel
Necro-neos: It really doesn't matter...
Dopple: yeah, we've talked a lot. thanks for the insight
Necro-neos: I'm just saying, With 1300 lifepoints solemn isn't worth the risk.
Necro-neos: With a small hand and small backrow, with an opponent with such strong field monster att wise and hand ad, there's really no point.
Dopple: yeah, we're at an impasse. I would have done it without second thought, since the open field to me is an invitation of defeat, especially without a hand.

To wit: earlier in the duel I attacked into two sheep tokens and he played double Dimension Prison, which I responded to with double Forbidden Lance. Later, he used Tribe Infecting Virus to kill Chaos Sorcerer and T.G. Hyper Librarian, but I protected it with Starlight Road...only to have road negated by Dark Bribe.

So, going in, I wasn't expecting bluffs. I didn't know I was facing the famous Goat Control either, since Goat Control players tend to stay away from Advanced decks like mine simply because of their ability to overwhelm Goat. But, I hadn't seen this personally, and this was the first Goat Control deck I ever faced. And sure enough I did punch a hole through it. Interesting that a legendary deck capable of frustrating even Black Luster Soldier was to relatively easy to take apart, even if it was a rather competitive game.

His criticism is something Talon's brought up about me too. I love to consolidate the field and not decisively attack, and in this case I was going to summon Stardust Dragon and a Balmung before attacking into his face down cards. He only had one Dimensional Prison left in his deck, and potentially only Mirror Force, Sakuretsu or Magic Cylinder. All cards I could have handled. But I could have easily taken the duel by simply attacking over TIV, and there's where out mentalities differ.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #2606
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #2607
Emi

I don't know what happened there, but props on the Malefic use.

I've been having some good fun too. I have been playing Agents against Kin, and I think I've found the best Agents configuration I've had for a while now. 30 monsters(Kratos: ewwwww), 5 Spells, and 5 Traps. I've beaten Kin's deck nearly everytime, but he has gotten quite a bit better at it.

But he seriously needs to stop falling for Gorz!bait. I almost wish Gorz is at two. I used to hate it but it has amazing utility.

And in the meantime, I've also been trying out Evilswarm. The couple of duels I had against Kin's Doll Lock deck were probably some of the best duels I've ever had, and I lost each one. The plays...the plays man they are amazing. One such play was that Kin had Stardust Dragon and two Princess Colognes out. I had a set Deck Devastation Virus and a face-up Infestation Infection, and an Evilswarm Castor in hand. I shuffled Castor in for Kerykeion(this card is pretty OP), and XYZed a Master Key Beetle. I activated a second Infestation Infection(I forgot, this was face-down as well), and used Master Key Beetle's effect on it. I attacked Stardust Dragon, sending the second Infection to the grave to keep Key Beetle alive, and during the MP 2 I tributed Key Beetle for Deck Devastation Virus, destroying his two Princess Colognes. Plays like that just don't happen in most duels.

Also, Evilswarm is the first deck I've come across where I honestly felt safe going against Fire Kings.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #2608
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
I don't know what happened there, but props on the Malefic use.

I've been having some good fun too. I have been playing Agents against Kin, and I think I've found the best Agents configuration I've had for a while now. 30 monsters(Kratos: ewwwww), 5 Spells, and 5 Traps. I've beaten Kin's deck nearly everytime, but he has gotten quite a bit better at it.

But he seriously needs to stop falling for Gorz!bait. I almost wish Gorz is at two. I used to hate it but it has amazing utility.

And in the meantime, I've also been trying out Evilswarm. The couple of duels I had against Kin's Doll Lock deck were probably some of the best duels I've ever had, and I lost each one. The plays...the plays man they are amazing. One such play was that Kin had Stardust Dragon and two Princess Colognes out. I had a set Deck Devastation Virus and a face-up Infestation Infection, and an Evilswarm Castor in hand. I shuffled Castor in for Kerykeion(this card is pretty OP), and XYZed a Master Key Beetle. I activated a second Infestation Infection(I forgot, this was face-down as well), and used Master Key Beetle's effect on it. I attacked Stardust Dragon, sending the second Infection to the grave to keep Key Beetle alive, and during the MP 2 I tributed Key Beetle for Deck Devastation Virus, destroying his two Princess Colognes. Plays like that just don't happen in most duels.

Also, Evilswarm is the first deck I've come across where I honestly felt safe going against Fire Kings.
30 Monsters... Eww...

Also, darn it, I'll be if Nordics aren't difficult to fine-tune appropriately. Still looking for the best possible configuration and ratios available, not to mention combinations. Nothing seems to make me happy. Damn you Vanadis, and your ridiculous Nordics-Only Clause that actually makes you fair and balanced. Also damn you, Valkyrie, and your many, many clauses which make you so unwieldy.

Also, Mecha Phantom Beast will be a blast to build with. Might as well get started after work.

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 10-11-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #2609
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I read this guy perfectly. He set two cards and one was Decree, so the other was obviously MST. I tried to get him to bait the MST with Macro but he wouldn't bite, and instead gave a long speech about how Macro doesn't work. I'm not that dumb.

Then he summons Shi En, Shien and Zanji, and attacks into Malefic Stardust Dragon. Big mistake! Wisel has 2500 defense so neither of his monsters can hurt it. I then steal Shi En the next turn and kill Shien. He tries to flip MST but it's far too late.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #2610
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

DO NOT

DO NOT BE WITTY

AND BE ALL LIKE

"MY DECK IS PSYCHIC AND I KNOW WHO I'M GOING TO FIGHT, SO I'M GONNA MAKE A BADASS BOAST"

DO NOT

HUMAN BEINGS WHO I DON'T KNOW ARE TALKING TO ME.

HOW DO I DEAL WITH THIS?!

EDIT: OH GOD.

THERE'S MORE

BLAZE, HELP

DON'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!!
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #2611
Emi

Kin that was literally the best thing ever. Thankfully, I liberated you from the trolls.

And Psychic is fun. Risky, but fun.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #2612
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Couldn't sleep
Dueled a bit.
Faced Vampires

Won after a few turns of SS Vampire stall
Glad I never attacked with Alucard because that Vain Betrayer card would have lost me the game...
(the face up Sorcerer was in his hand, VB was face down.

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Old 10-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #2613
Emi

So, I remember talking to Talon one day about how he loved Fire Fist, but he wanted some draw power. After looking at T.G. Stun decks, I was reminded about a certain card that you might find useful Talon if you haven't already considered it.

Horn of the Phantom Beast. This is what the card does:

Quote:
Target 1 Beast or Beast-Warrior-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target. It gains 800 ATK. When the equipped monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Draw 1 card.
Now, it does have its drawbacks, as does any Equipish card...but its a pretty decent card, and you can use it exactly like Tensen. Just something to consider.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #2614
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #2615
Emi

Did I...miss something? Cause I don't get what was going on.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #2616
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The guy was doping on LP because I couldn't summon a Junk Synchron, and wouldn't for 2 more turns. So he was gaining 6,000 LP each turn. I attacked his Cyber Phoenix and he quits. I have no idea why.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #2617
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
How was he gaining 6000 LP a turn? O________o
Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #2618
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
How was he gaining 6000 LP a turn? O________o
Two-Neo Spacian Hummingbirds + 6 cards in hand.

In otherwords, he must have had a Reckless Greed.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #2619
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I didn't use Reckless, I was just drawing poorly and had no way of thinning my deck to improve the draws. The sets you see were Forbidden Lances, BTH and CED. Useless against the Humming Birds and summoning Tricky at that point was too expensive/dangerous. I would have taken some hard negs to fight back so I preferred to wait and just let him dope.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #2620
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
So uh...

Apparently this is a thing. What.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #2621
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That wasn't what I expected you to link. It's an interesting concept card, but it doesn't really do much for practical play...

Anyway, I'm here to announce that Konami has done it again. Remember Crazy Box and how everyone said it was broken? Well, here's how to top that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOrganization
Reikishi Veruzubyuuto (This card is an “lswarm” monster)
Rank 4 LIGHT Fiend-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 1900
DEF 0
2 Level 4 monsters
During your Main Phase or your opponent’s Battle Phase, if the combined number of cards in your hand and side of the field is less than the combined number of cards in your opponent’s hand and side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy all cards on the field, except this card, but any damage inflicted to your opponent this turn becomes 0.
In other words, "if your opponent has more cards than you, destroy all cards on the field, except this card". It's a generic, Rank 4 monster that takes two materials to summon. That means any deck that is at a mild disadvantage against an opponent can nuke the field...twice. It isn't even once per turn.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #2622
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Am... I seeing that right?

..don't introduce even MORE broken cards after you kinda nerf Drulers ^^;
Old 10-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #2623
Emi

Not to mention, that effect can activate during your opponent's Battle Phase, which means its technically Speed Spell 2 IIRC. That can lead to some pretty crazy shit.

And the fact that its a "Ilswarm" monster disgusts me greatly. It has access to all of that support. Well, Pandemic, but that's not the point. Still. ^^;

EDIT: HEY LOOK GUYZ. XYZ FINALLY HAVE A RELIQUISHED.

Last edited by Emi; 10-17-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #2624
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I was looking at that card. There's a new Rank 6 that comes out that can be summoned with an overlay of a Rank 5 Water as well. Since I can make Rank 5 pretty easily, it's offers the blanket effect negation that I've been lacking from a lot of my cards. :V
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #2625
Emi

Screw whatever obsession Konami has with Bujins.

Screw it all to hell. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Bujintei_Tsukuyomi

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment