UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 01:12 AM   #26
myahoo
Soul Badge

Cortoza Updates - Set Twenty-Three

Ex-Admiral Insane: Having decided to trust the woman’s Kirlia over your own most-likely-faulty memory, you tell her to lead the way. And ask her her name.

“Oh, uh, I’m Sam,” she says, turning to follow her Kirlia. “And that’s Abby.” Abby twirls to face you and curtsies before spinning around to continue guiding the three of you. “Yeah, I…always figured it was a Psychic-type thing.” She shrugged. “At least, that’s how it’s been in my experience.”

The three of you pass trees as you follow Abby, looking around for some trail or path that leads upwards. Nothing shows up, though, so you continue on. And on. And on. It reaches the point where Sam asks Abby, “Are we getting any closer?”

Abby slows to a stop and turns around, frowning. She holds out one hand and ‘walks’ the other one towards it, but the one ‘walking’ stalls somewhere in the middle and doesn’t reach the stationary hand, even as she indicates that the ‘walking’ hand is still moving.

Sam makes a frustrated noise. “Any idea how we can get there?”

While Sam and Abby discuss the situation, you take a moment to glance around. It’s been pretty monotonous so far and this place looks the same to you. Same old trees. Same old path. At least, it all seems the same to you, but as you look around, your surroundings…flicker and change into another, very similar pattern. Almost as though you were in a game and the game glitched for a moment.

You glance at Rags to see if he noticed and he clearly has, but Sam and Abby seem to have been distracted by their discussion.

What will you do about this?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)

~!~

Missingno. Master: You send Meowth to explain the situation to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind before giving Kyle his next set of orders. Kyle takes aim at Pele and ends up missing a red-horned Larvesta that managed to sneak up on him. The Bug-type Bites down hard on Kyle’s leg and he yells in pain, the ball of Flame going wide and Bursting over the cluster of Bugs. Most of them shake it off as several of the red-winged Volcarona attempt to throw some kind of Powder in the air, but it quickly burns up in the leftover heat of Kyle’s attack.

Some of the gold-winged Volcarona flap their wings, whipping up a Silvery Wind that buffets Kyle, though it doesn’t stop him from forming a long strand of Fire. He whips the strand out over the red and gold Bug-types, Lashing at the pink one in particular, and the pink Volcarona shakes its head as Pele narrows her eyes. She retaliates with a loud Buzzing noise, the sound of a large Bug flying, and it slams into Kyle, who only ducks his head and weathers it. A gold-horned Larvesta takes advantage of Kyle’s distraction and Leeches some Life from him, though it doesn’t seem to do much damage to Kyle.

Pele then summons some kind of Ancient Power and lifts several rocks in the air, preparing to toss them at Kyle, but Kyle Lashes out with his whip again and she flinches, throwing the rocks in his direction to try to stop him from attacking again. Kyle manages to dodge about half of them, but one lands dangerously close to you, sending your heart racing.

Kyle is breathing heavily when you finally manage to turn back to him, looking a bit battered from trying to hold his own all by himself. Pele watches him wistfully, eyes still burning, and says, “I haven’t seen a Pokémon fight so hard against so many in…many, many years.” She looks directly at you. “He does your heart justice.”

---

Meowth:

Meowth runs back to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind and explains the situation as you know it to them. The trio’s eyes widen upon learning that you weren’t chosen by Pele, but they exchange looks when they hear how you pleaded with Pele to spare the village. The moment they hear Pele outright refused your plea and you decided to fight her for the village, Ieni turns to Blitzwind and barks, “Go!”

Blitzwind hesitates. “But—“

Ieni shakes his head. “There’s no time. You have to warn everyone else and, without me, you can leave the trails.”

Blitzwind hesitates a moment longer and then dips his head. “You will be remembered,” he says and bolts down the mountain.

Sunfire moans and drops her head. “We’re all gonna die. We just haven’t been burned yet.” She glances over at the lava pit. “Do you think it’ll hurt?”

Ieni presses his lips together, and looks over at Meowth. “I was told a story once by some of the priestesses they call crazy. They said our sacrifices and festivals gave Pele power and she used to use that power to protect us from the volcano.” He glanced over at the lava pit as it inched its way upward. “These days, they say the sacrifices were a pointless waste of life and the festivals take too much from us, so it’s better that we stopped doing them. But, now…” He looked over at the battle going on between Kyle and Pele. “Now, I wonder.” He paused and exhaled. “Pele is a fire spirit, a goddess of fire, and fire needs something to burn. She would never admit that she was losing power…but the last time I heard she fought someone herself was when the demons from the sea held her people hostage until she could hold the volcano back no longer and it exploded, burying most of the invaders and almost all of her people in ash and fire. It was said that she was so furious and so weakened that she was forced to slay the remaining invaders herself, but that she moved like lightning and danced like fire. Afterwards, she threw her remaining power into the eruption and slept for years, trying to forget.” He turned to Meowth. “If she won’t stop the eruption, then I think she can’t. And with a big earthquake on the way…” He exhaled again. “Either she loses her hold now or later, but we probably won’t be around to know.”

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth, Heatmor)
Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #27
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Ex-Admiral Insane: Having decided to trust the woman’s Kirlia over your own most-likely-faulty memory, you tell her to lead the way. And ask her her name.

“Oh, uh, I’m Sam,” she says, turning to follow her Kirlia. “And that’s Abby.” Abby twirls to face you and curtsies before spinning around to continue guiding the three of you. “Yeah, I…always figured it was a Psychic-type thing.” She shrugged. “At least, that’s how it’s been in my experience.”

The three of you pass trees as you follow Abby, looking around for some trail or path that leads upwards. Nothing shows up, though, so you continue on. And on. And on. It reaches the point where Sam asks Abby, “Are we getting any closer?”

Abby slows to a stop and turns around, frowning. She holds out one hand and ‘walks’ the other one towards it, but the one ‘walking’ stalls somewhere in the middle and doesn’t reach the stationary hand, even as she indicates that the ‘walking’ hand is still moving.

Sam makes a frustrated noise. “Any idea how we can get there?”

While Sam and Abby discuss the situation, you take a moment to glance around. It’s been pretty monotonous so far and this place looks the same to you. Same old trees. Same old path. At least, it all seems the same to you, but as you look around, your surroundings…flicker and change into another, very similar pattern. Almost as though you were in a game and the game glitched for a moment.

You glance at Rags to see if he noticed and he clearly has, but Sam and Abby seem to have been distracted by their discussion.

What will you do about this?

The woman had introduced herself to him as Sam’. “Lucas,” he reciprocates. The party continued their path amongst the trees, passing boulder and shrub one after one another with what appeared to be a lack of variety in scenery. The group had moved minutes, hours maybe even, but appeared to be getting no close to the peak. At least, not as far as they could make out from their current position. Their endless journey was eventually met with a question from the woman Sam, who asked her Kirlia how far they were managing to get. The Kirlia halted for a moment to lend her psychic energies to the environment, exploring the paths up ahead once more. She revisited Sam’s question with a motion. Holding up one arm to represent the path and peak of the mountain, the Kirlia let her other arm make walking motions up the length until it reached the middle where it stayed in place despite the walking motions. Sam didn’t have to translate this. Lucas understood. He gazed around at the scenery, hoping perhaps to find some sort of landmark or clue as to where they were or how to proceed. Everything around them seemed the same a bit; the same trees, the same sky, the same boulders and ground. He scanned the horizon once more when his vision momentarily faltered. Or so he initially thought.

The environment flickered. It was only briefly, but it was there, and then it remedied itself back in the same pattern.

“Gall?”

“Yeah,” he answered, “I saw it too.” Looking back at Abby and Sam, he found the two were still discussing their procession up the path so far, having not noticed the same glitch as they had. Lucas decided to make use of this time for a cigarette break. He distanced himself from the group for a while as he tried to contemplate what was going on.

“Gall?”

“Yeah, we’re not in Kansas anymore I don’t think. Question is then, where are we and how did this happen?” He took a drag from his cigarette. “I get the idea it’s no accident we’re being held off. There’s a reason we’re not advancing, don’t ya think?” he blew with a puff of smoke.

“Gall-ade?” Rags wasn’t too sure himself.

“Well someone or something must be responsible for this. And my best guess is that that glimmer we saw earlier might have something to do with it.” He took his last puff and trampled the butt under his soles. “Sam,” he called out to the woman. “Rags and I think we were right about the other path leading up to the peak. We’re going to go in that direction. You do whatever you want.” It was only a partial lie. Lucas didn’t know for certain whether that path was correct. Hell, for all he knew that path would have the exact same problem as this one, halting them midway their trek. But Lucas was interested in finding out whatever he could, and figuring out whether the strange phenomena affected only this path or both might be a step forward in the right direction either way, even if it’d mean he’d have to take two steps back first.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Old 01-20-2018, 05:22 AM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: You send Meowth to explain the situation to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind before giving Kyle his next set of orders. Kyle takes aim at Pele and ends up missing a red-horned Larvesta that managed to sneak up on him. The Bug-type Bites down hard on Kyle’s leg and he yells in pain, the ball of Flame going wide and Bursting over the cluster of Bugs. Most of them shake it off as several of the red-winged Volcarona attempt to throw some kind of Powder in the air, but it quickly burns up in the leftover heat of Kyle’s attack.

Some of the gold-winged Volcarona flap their wings, whipping up a Silvery Wind that buffets Kyle, though it doesn’t stop him from forming a long strand of Fire. He whips the strand out over the red and gold Bug-types, Lashing at the pink one in particular, and the pink Volcarona shakes its head as Pele narrows her eyes. She retaliates with a loud Buzzing noise, the sound of a large Bug flying, and it slams into Kyle, who only ducks his head and weathers it. A gold-horned Larvesta takes advantage of Kyle’s distraction and Leeches some Life from him, though it doesn’t seem to do much damage to Kyle.

Pele then summons some kind of Ancient Power and lifts several rocks in the air, preparing to toss them at Kyle, but Kyle Lashes out with his whip again and she flinches, throwing the rocks in his direction to try to stop him from attacking again. Kyle manages to dodge about half of them, but one lands dangerously close to you, sending your heart racing.

Kyle is breathing heavily when you finally manage to turn back to him, looking a bit battered from trying to hold his own all by himself. Pele watches him wistfully, eyes still burning, and says, “I haven’t seen a Pokémon fight so hard against so many in…many, many years.” She looks directly at you. “He does your heart justice.”

---

Meowth:

Meowth runs back to Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind and explains the situation as you know it to them. The trio’s eyes widen upon learning that you weren’t chosen by Pele, but they exchange looks when they hear how you pleaded with Pele to spare the village. The moment they hear Pele outright refused your plea and you decided to fight her for the village, Ieni turns to Blitzwind and barks, “Go!”

Blitzwind hesitates. “But—“

Ieni shakes his head. “There’s no time. You have to warn everyone else and, without me, you can leave the trails.”

Blitzwind hesitates a moment longer and then dips his head. “You will be remembered,” he says and bolts down the mountain.

Sunfire moans and drops her head. “We’re all gonna die. We just haven’t been burned yet.” She glances over at the lava pit. “Do you think it’ll hurt?”

Ieni presses his lips together, and looks over at Meowth. “I was told a story once by some of the priestesses they call crazy. They said our sacrifices and festivals gave Pele power and she used to use that power to protect us from the volcano.” He glanced over at the lava pit as it inched its way upward. “These days, they say the sacrifices were a pointless waste of life and the festivals take too much from us, so it’s better that we stopped doing them. But, now…” He looked over at the battle going on between Kyle and Pele. “Now, I wonder.” He paused and exhaled. “Pele is a fire spirit, a goddess of fire, and fire needs something to burn. She would never admit that she was losing power…but the last time I heard she fought someone herself was when the demons from the sea held her people hostage until she could hold the volcano back no longer and it exploded, burying most of the invaders and almost all of her people in ash and fire. It was said that she was so furious and so weakened that she was forced to slay the remaining invaders herself, but that she moved like lightning and danced like fire. Afterwards, she threw her remaining power into the eruption and slept for years, trying to forget.” He turned to Meowth. “If she won’t stop the eruption, then I think she can’t. And with a big earthquake on the way…” He exhaled again. “Either she loses her hold now or later, but we probably won’t be around to know.”

Meowth's explanation seemed to rectify Ieni's lack of context about the situation, but did nothing to inspire hope of any sort. Ieni's first and immediate response was to tell Blitzwind to go and wrn the villagers. Without him. And Sunfire moaned that they were all going to die, which elicited a fearful whimper from Meowth.

Ieni then went on to tell Meowth what the priestesses told him. The priestesses that were called crazy by the other villagers, but right now, Meowth wasn't inclined to think them crazy at all. Thus far, the crazier and more ominous things that were said of Pele seemed to turn out to be true. According to Ieni, it was the sacrifices and the festivals that gave Pele the power- not to cause volcanic eruptions or earthquakes, but to protect the village from them. Pele, he said, was a fire spirit. And fire needed something to burn. But the last time Pele ever fought someone herself was when she lost control of the volcano, and in her anger, slew whatever intruders the volcano didn't render extra-crispy. It was Ieni's opinion that if Pele wasn't going to stop the eruption... it wasn't that she refused. It was that she was powerless to do so.

"So dat means dis battle ain't gonna accomplish squat..." Meowth murmured to himself. "All dey's doin' is makin' her even weaker- KEITH! KEITH!" he shouted.

~~~

As Pele complimented both Kyle and Keith, they were rather surprised. All they'd ever heard from Heatran while fighting it were the same tired death threats again and again... Pele was seeming less and less like that as the battle went on.

"Well, Kyle here is a special kind of tough," Keith said to Pele. "He and I have been through a lot together... I thank you for your kind words. But if this battle will achieve what I hope it to, then we both know, failure is not an option! Kyle, use-"

"KEITH! KEITH!"

"Meowth?" said Keith, turning his head, confused. "What the-"

"Stop! Call off da battle!" Meowth exclaimed. "It's doin' more harm den good!"

"What do you-" began Keith.

"We had it backwards from da start!" interrupted Meowth. "Ieni's sayin- Pele's a fire spirit, a fire goddess, and fire needs sometin' ta burn! It ain't dat she won't stop all dis from happenin'- it's dat she can't! It's da festivals and whatnot dat gives her power- she ain't just demandin' dem fer an ego boost, she needs dem like we need food and water!"

Keith's eyes widened. "...So battling her isn't going to stop a thing?" he said.

"Except maybe our lives a lot sooner den dey would'a stopped," said Meowth weakly.

"Oh, geez," groaned Keith. "Is there any hope at all?" he asked desperately. "Ask Ieni if he's got any ideas- even if it's just some crazy hunch! Because right now, we got nothing, and if we're really staring down death right now, I'll take a crazy hunch over nothing!"

Meowth nodded. He turned back to Ieni, relaying Keith's question. Something. Anything that might work, that might give Pele the power she needs to spare the villagers. Even if it's just some crazy hunch, it still beats admitting defeat.

"Mor?" Kyle called to Keith.

Keith shook his head. "There may not be a point to this battle after all, Kyle," Keith replied. "We both may have read the situation wrong. No more attacking. But if the Larvesta and Volcarona don't back down, shield yourself with Protect, and try and tell them we don't intend to continue fighting."

"Heat mor," nodded Kyle. He wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but he trusted Keith completely. If he was telling him to stand down, for sure he had a damn good reason.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-20-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #29
myahoo
Soul Badge

Cortoza Updates - Set Twenty-Four

Ex-Admiral Insane: You take a moment to figure out what exactly you want to do about the flicker in the world and you decide that, for whatever reason, you’re being stopped from heading up. You take a leap and tell Sam and Abby that you’re planning on heading the other way on the assumption that it might at least lead you somewhere further.

Sam glances over when you call out to her, looking frustrated, and she nods. “Yeah. I dunno what’s going on, but it doesn’t look like we’re gonna get any further going this way.” She sighs. “We’ll follow you the other way.”

As you turn to lead the way back, you blink and…it’s abruptly cold. And bright. And there’s…snow? Moving snow. A bunch of vulpine heads turn your way as the Alolan Vulpixes notice you, but you blink again and you’re back on the path with Rags, Sam, and Abby. Last time, you were by yourself when it happened and you saw the man under the full moon; this time, it seems like no one else saw the snow and Alolan Vulpixes. Rags has noticed that something’s happened, but he doesn’t seem to know what.

Still, you lead the way back, retracing your steps, and it feels like it takes you almost no time at all to walk back to the cave. You continue past it and towards the path to the left, dark probably-rock walls rising up on either side until the only light comes from the full moon above and Abby’s Flash floating along with you.

As you walk, you begin to hear a low…something—maybe murmuring?—but it quickly resolves into some rhythmic chanting coming from somewhere ahead of you. Sam and Abby don’t notice as they close the distance, walking almost on your heels as they huddle closer together. You can see the end of this corridor, shadows flickering across the rock wall as though in firelight, and you pause to take a look around before walking out into the open.

The corridor opens up into a bowl-shaped area with a crowd of people standing at the base of what you recognize as the altar. The torches are lit and the fires flicker as the chanting continues. At the top, the man with the feathered headdress spreads his arms wide under the full moon, saying something that you can’t make out.

Sam peers around the corner and her brow furrows. “What is this?” She studies the scene for a few moments and frowns. “I don’t see any way to climb the mountain, but there’s gotta be something here. Why else would the path lead here?”

Why indeed. What will you do?

~!~

Missingno. Master: With Meowth bringing you the bad news, you tell Kyle to stand down and ask Meowth to ask Ieni for any ideas on how to stop it. The Larvesta and Volcarona regroup as you do so, but don’t move to attack.

Pele turns her burning gaze to Ieni with a rueful sigh. “I hadn’t expected anyone to still remember the old tales, though I doubt there’s anything he’ll remember that’ll help. They’ve forgotten so much…” She mostly sounds like she’s talking to herself, but she isn’t exactly being quiet.

Sounding desperate and stressed, Ieni yells back that none of the stories he remembers hearing from the priestesses said anything about how to give Pele a quick burst of power. He glances around a bit frantically and says that maybe healing Pele’s Pokémon form might help? It’s connected to her, so it could maybe give her energy?

Sunfire nudges him and whispers something, but you’re too far away to hear what she says. Ieni stares wide-eyed at her, then at the rising lava and Pele, before shaking his head, responding vehemently to whatever she’d said.

Barely a moment later, a rumbling rolls through the air and the ground begins to move. Ieni and Sunfire stumble as they try to keep their footing, but the earth jerks and they fall. Same goes for you and Meowth as the ground jumps, knocking the two of you down. Kyle has to fall to all fours to keep steady, but he glances over at the lava pit in worry. The lava roils and bubbles, but mostly remains in the crater, though it slowly creeps ever closer to the lip. Pele closes her eyes and frowns, brow furrowed as she…does something.

The earth’s shaking and shivering goes on for a bit longer and slowly settles back down. Pele exhales and opens her eyes. “A precursor to the larger earthquake.” She looks out towards the sea and grimaces. “I won’t be able to hold that one, but there is…something I may be able to do.”

She turns to you. “That necklace my priestess gave you. Give it to the boy. He listened to my priestesses, though he may not have believed them. He knows what he is charged to do.”

Ieni stares wide-eyed at Pele as he takes the necklace you give him before dropping to one knee and bowing. He says he doesn’t think that he would do much to help, but if she says he must, then he will.

Pele scoffs and tosses her head. “It is too late for sacrifices, child. I need someone to remember what happened here, to remember why the festivals and sacrifices were needed. When I lose the volcano, there will be…more than enough to keep me going until the people return, but it will all repeat itself unless the people remember. That is what I need you to do.”

Ieni nods, relieved, and says that he and her other chosen priestesses can do that. They’ll make sure that all who return remember.

“Good.” Pele nods decisively and turns back to study you. “Traveler. I know not who brought you here—though I have my suspicions—but I believe you were meant to be here. To…witness the end of an era, as it were.” She grimaces before her expression smoothes out. “The dance of the world continued despite your arrival with nary a misstep and that is all the evidence I need. A gift.” She nods at you and motes of red-gold light gather into a ball at around chest height. You stick your hand out and the light settles into your hand, coalescing into one of the red-orange-gold pendants that Keahilani and the older priestess were wearing. “Wear it and recall your Pokémon. There is not much time.”

Seems like there’s something special about the pendants, but it doesn’t sound like you’ll have an opportunity to ask. Doesn’t seem like you’ll have a chance to check on the rest of the villagers either, from the way Pele’s talking. Will you take her at her word?

Old 01-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: With Meowth bringing you the bad news, you tell Kyle to stand down and ask Meowth to ask Ieni for any ideas on how to stop it. The Larvesta and Volcarona regroup as you do so, but don’t move to attack.

Pele turns her burning gaze to Ieni with a rueful sigh. “I hadn’t expected anyone to still remember the old tales, though I doubt there’s anything he’ll remember that’ll help. They’ve forgotten so much…” She mostly sounds like she’s talking to herself, but she isn’t exactly being quiet.

Sounding desperate and stressed, Ieni yells back that none of the stories he remembers hearing from the priestesses said anything about how to give Pele a quick burst of power. He glances around a bit frantically and says that maybe healing Pele’s Pokémon form might help? It’s connected to her, so it could maybe give her energy?

Sunfire nudges him and whispers something, but you’re too far away to hear what she says. Ieni stares wide-eyed at her, then at the rising lava and Pele, before shaking his head, responding vehemently to whatever she’d said.

Barely a moment later, a rumbling rolls through the air and the ground begins to move. Ieni and Sunfire stumble as they try to keep their footing, but the earth jerks and they fall. Same goes for you and Meowth as the ground jumps, knocking the two of you down. Kyle has to fall to all fours to keep steady, but he glances over at the lava pit in worry. The lava roils and bubbles, but mostly remains in the crater, though it slowly creeps ever closer to the lip. Pele closes her eyes and frowns, brow furrowed as she…does something.

The earth’s shaking and shivering goes on for a bit longer and slowly settles back down. Pele exhales and opens her eyes. “A precursor to the larger earthquake.” She looks out towards the sea and grimaces. “I won’t be able to hold that one, but there is…something I may be able to do.”

She turns to you. “That necklace my priestess gave you. Give it to the boy. He listened to my priestesses, though he may not have believed them. He knows what he is charged to do.”

Ieni stares wide-eyed at Pele as he takes the necklace you give him before dropping to one knee and bowing. He says he doesn’t think that he would do much to help, but if she says he must, then he will.

Pele scoffs and tosses her head. “It is too late for sacrifices, child. I need someone to remember what happened here, to remember why the festivals and sacrifices were needed. When I lose the volcano, there will be…more than enough to keep me going until the people return, but it will all repeat itself unless the people remember. That is what I need you to do.”

Ieni nods, relieved, and says that he and her other chosen priestesses can do that. They’ll make sure that all who return remember.

“Good.” Pele nods decisively and turns back to study you. “Traveler. I know not who brought you here—though I have my suspicions—but I believe you were meant to be here. To…witness the end of an era, as it were.” She grimaces before her expression smoothes out. “The dance of the world continued despite your arrival with nary a misstep and that is all the evidence I need. A gift.” She nods at you and motes of red-gold light gather into a ball at around chest height. You stick your hand out and the light settles into your hand, coalescing into one of the red-orange-gold pendants that Keahilani and the older priestess were wearing. “Wear it and recall your Pokémon. There is not much time.”

Seems like there’s something special about the pendants, but it doesn’t sound like you’ll have an opportunity to ask. Doesn’t seem like you’ll have a chance to check on the rest of the villagers either, from the way Pele’s talking. Will you take her at her word?

As Kyle ceased his attacking, things looked promising- the Larvesta and Volcarona, while they did regroup, made no effort to attack Kyle. It seemed as though their fighting was purely in defense of Pele.

Not that things were going that well in any other aspect of this situation, of course. Ieni had basically nothing... he did suggest that possibly healing Pele's physical form might power her up.

"Healing Pele's Pokémon body!" Meowth said to Keith. "Dat's Ieni's idea- dat might actually work! Please tell me ya brought Rubeus wit youse!"

Keith gave a nod, but before he could even reach for the Ground Ball on his belt, there was a loud rumble, and a sudden movement of the ground. Everyone present struggled to keep their balance, with varying degrees of success. And it seemed to only be through Pele's efforts that the shaking was brought to a stop.

...except, according to her, this was but a precursor to the main attraction. She could hold this little quake back, but the big one... nothing doing. That said, she did have an idea in mind, something she could do. She told Keith to give the necklace- which had in fact been from a priestess, as Keith had guessed- to Ieni. Even if Ieni didn't believe the priestesses, he did listen to them, and therefore, would know what to do. That said, however, Ieni seemed to think that what he was to do was sacrifice himself. Pele scoffed, stating that it was too late even for sacrifices to do the trick. What she needed was someone to remember. Someone to ensure history didn't repeat itself. Relieved, Ieni gladly agreed to this. Keith gave Ieni a small smile, though a somewhat sad one- he really had hoped he could've done something to help. Save the village.

But now was not the time to dwell on this- Pele was now addressing Keith. She reiterated that she didn't know who brought him to this time. She had her suspicions, though, and she believed he was meant to be here, to witness the end of an era. It seemed as though his presence here altered nothing in the grand scheme of things, which was kind of disheartening to Keith, though he couldn't deny- he had rather enjoyed his time spent in this time period. She then gave him a gift- or rather, created one for him. A red-orange-gold pendant, just like what Keahilani and the priestess were wearing. Keith was instructed to wear it, and to withdraw his Pokémon, as time was short.

Keith put on the pendant, deep in thought. Pele was merely trying to brace them for the worst. The more Keith saw how she acted, the more he realized just how vastly different she truly was from that Heatran in Mt. Aduro. She used her powers, not to harm or kill, but to protect. Volcano deities came in al sorts of flavors, didn't they? But even still, her mindset that all they could do now was wait for the inevitable horror show to come, to just brace themselves as best they could, to give up trying... no. That wasn't Keith Masters. Even if Pele hadn't been the one to bring him back to this time, Keith couldn't, and wouldn't, take it for granted that he was sent back in time to be but a mere spectator to this. He had to try something, and right now, they had one shot. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing.

"Kyle, come back now," Keith said, holding out the Level Ball and withdrawing his Heatmor. Then, he plucked a Ground Ball off his belt and enlarged it. "We're counting on you- Rubeus!" he exclaimed as the white-finned Stunfisk materialized.

Rubeus landed on the ground, immediately realizing that something wasn't right. "Stun?!" he questioned.

"Rubeus, focus- we need help, and fast," Keith stated, as he gestured to Pele's Volcarona body. "That Volcarona- use Soft-Boiled, as much as you can, as fast as you can! Lives are at stake!"

At this revelation, Rubeus nodded. "Stunfisk!" he called back, and immediately focused all his energy and attention at healing up Pele, hopefully powering her up in the process.

Keith then turned to Pele as Rubeus did this. "With all due respect, Pele, I'm not so sure I was brought here merely to witness the end of an era," he said. "Even if it wasn't you who brought me here, I can't help but feel that whoever or whatever did bring me here did so so I could do something about this. And even if I'm wrong... well, then I find out the hard way," he said simply. "But if there's even the slightest hope," he added, plucking two more Poké Balls off his belt. "If there's even the slightest chance that I can fix things, then I take that chance. That's who I am." And he threw both balls into the air, unleashing a Toxicroak and a Feraligatr. "Malfoy, Gold, help Rubeus out- use Heal Pulse!" he commanded. "As much as you can muster!" And the pair of unlikely clerics set to work straight away, targeting Pele with waves of healing energy. Meowth, meanwhile, merely clung to Keith's shoulder as though for dear life, torn between obvious and perfectly reasonable terror, and the sort of confidence that comes from knowing Keith Masters, knowing him well, and trusting him to do the right thing. As to whether this was the right thing, as opposed to Pele's advice to brace for the worst, again, remained to be seen, but he couldn't not try.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 01-14-2020 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #31
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
134: Deciding that the only way to retrieve your Houndour or check on her is to follow her in, you take a deep breath, brace your hands on the wall as best you can, and shove your head through the rock. It…pretty much feels like you just shoved your head into jello. Or chowder. At least it isn’t wet or sticky. It doesn’t feel like you’ve reached the other side yet, either, so you lean a little further aaaand your hands sink into the rock as you feel yourself start to fall. You stumble forward and manage to catch yourself, blinking as you take in your new surroundings.

It’s dark. Like it’s a new moon night or the middle of a forest or a park with no streetlights. It…looks like you’re in some kind of clearing? You can tell it’s circular, though you’re not sure if it’s walls or tree trunks or what defining the edges. You’re also having trouble figuring out if those darker patches are just deeper shadows or pathways out of this area.

Something nudges up against your leg and you jerk back, heart racing. Had Pahalo and Kauka followed you through? Or was it something else, something from this shadowy dark place? You risk a glance down and faintly make out a pair of eyes looking up at you with something else behind it.

…it turns out to be Pouli. Relieved to have recovered your Pokémon, you try to feel your way back to the wall you’d entered from, only to find solid rock. Hmm, maybe it was only a small area that let you through? You feel along the wall, but it’s all solid rock. You call to Pahalo and Kauka and they respond, sounding muffled but fine.

Well, that’s a problem. Looks like that wall’s a one way door. What will you do?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby, Mandibuzz)
Well... that's concerning. Like, super concerning. Finding Pouli alive and well is great and all, but being stuck on the inside of a magical rock, with ostensibly no way out, immediately sends Tate into a state of panic. Beginning to hyperventilate, Tate loses all sense of reason for a few moments. They were totally going to die in here, weren't they?!

Pouli was much more calm than her trainer. She stood near Tate until the initial shock wore off, and Tate regained some faculty. Looking down into the darkness at Pouli, Tate heaved a harsh and tense sigh.

"Pouli, can you give us some light?" Tate requested, hopefully. "Maybe... you could summon a will-o-the-wisp?"

Pouli barked in the affirmative. While the Houndour worked on -- hopefully -- procuring them some light, Tate considered the next most imminent issue: Pahalo and Kauka were on the other side of the stone. They were alone, and while Pahalo could probably take care of things and fend off any would-be assailants, Tate still didn't like the idea of leaving them alone. They could follow their trainer through the stone, perhaps, but then... they'd be stuck here too. And if Tate didn't find them a way out, they'd die here as well. Did Tate want to risk dooming the two birds? The answer was no.

"Pahalo," Tate yelled, so that the sound could carry through the rock. "If Pouli and I don't return by nightfall... I want you and Kauka to return to the base. Okay?!"

Somewhere on the other side of the stone, Pahalo hissed in what Tate could only assume was agreement. Sighing again, Tate ran one hand through light brown hair. Here's hoping for the best...

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Old 02-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #32
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
It's a Solstice/early Christmas miracle! >>

~!~

Gemini Spark: The vandal’s eyes narrow at your taunt, but he gets himself under control quickly. He then frowns and sighs, shaking his head a bit disappointedly, though he makes sure not to take his eyes off you or your Pokémon. “Mom did say that people like you didn’t know how to negotiate. It’s a shame; I heard things like this are all the rage right now.” He opens his fist to show you some kind of opalescent sphere. There’s a dark bit running right through the middle of it, something kind of rectangular? It’s hard to tell what exactly he’s showing you, with the rain and all, but he tucks the sphere back into his pocket before you finish identifying whatever it is anyway.

“Not like I’d be short on it, but, hey.” He shrugs, just this side of mocking. “Double of nothing is nothing, right?” He leans to one side and taps his foot on the ground again, before nodding decisively. “That being said, you wanna fight, let’s fight. Houndoom, Thunder Fang.”

Lightning wreathes the Houndoom’s Fangs as it darts towards Rengar, closing its jaws on air with a boom like Thunder. Rengar just barely dodges the attack, catching only sparks which flicker momentarily over his fur. That actually gets him out of range as the ground near you shudders. Vi turns, alarmed, as you stumble back and she moves to get you out of the way. Not quickly enough, it turns out, as the Earth erupts with enough Power to throw both you and Vi in opposite directions. You, at least, hit solid ground, even if solid ground means the cliff wall. Vi, on the other hand, ends up dangerously close to the edge of the cliff. Thankfully, she rolls back to more solid ground and leaps to her feet, looking somewhat ruffled and a bit muddy but fine.

Well, that was rude. How do you respond?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)
“Mom did say that people like you didn’t know how to negotiate," the vandal said towards Hyrem's snarky comments. "It’s a shame; I heard things like this are all the rage right now.” He opened his hand to reveal something, but all Hyrem could make out in the rain was that it was a small spherical object with something running through it, not of any real significance to him at the time. “Not like I’d be short on it, but, hey. Double of nothing is nothing, right?” he taunted back before assuming a stance ready for a Pokemon battle. “That being said, you wanna fight, let’s fight. Houndoom, Thunder Fang.”

Once the order was given, Houndoom charged towards Rengar with teeth crackling with Electric energy, but Rengar was able to dodge away and only receive a partial hit from the residual electricity. The real danger came from the next attack as the Earth shook under Hyrem's feet, and Vi looked to grab her trainer and save him from the attack, but the Power of the attack came too quickly, sending both Hyrem and Vi flying, the human right up against the wall and Vi being thrown precariously close to the cliff, though she recovered before it got worse. Still, that cliff was definitely something to keep in mind as they battled, and Hyrem's gaze was on the Magcargo, that Pokemon was likely the source of the attack.

"Ugh, so that's how they're gonna play this," Hyrem muttered to himself as he picked himself up and dusted off his pants. "Time to synch up and battle then." Looking to his Pokemon, he gave his orders, "Rengar, go Disable that Magcargo's latest attack, keep it from doing that for a while! Then Fling your item at the Houndoom and try to throw it off! Vi, feel free to Bulk Up to make yourself a bigger threat before Bulldozing your way through that Magcargo!"

A smirk then became visible on Rengar's face; those attacks were certainly ones he himself thought of doing, but he wouldn't simply follow this trainer's orders blindly, instead doing so just to play along in an effort to put this other human in his place after attacking them with such a pathetic underhandedness. Not that he was averse to such petty tactics; in fact, it was because he had employed such tactics himself from time to time that allowed him to see it coming so easily, and his beating this Houndoom would prove that he was the better at dirty battling.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 07-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #33
myahoo
Soul Badge

*coughs and slides updates across the table* So, gonna try to wrap these up by end of year, but, uh, we'll see how that goes.

~!~

Missingno. Master: You consider taking Pele at her word as you put the pendant on, feeling it radiate warmth, but you can’t believe that you were only brought back as a spectator. To that end, you call out reinforcements and have them focus on healing Pele’s physical body, while you tell Pele that you’re not one to just accept a situation; you’ll fight and if you’re wrong, well, then you’ll just have to accept the consequences.

Her gaze softens. “If only fire and passion alone could hold back an eruption…” She briefly bows her head and then pins you with a hard look. “I will be direct with you. Your help is too little, too late; this volcano refuses to be stopped. Gather your Pokémon close and brace yourselves.”

Barely a moment later, a loud rumbling rolls through the air like thunder and the Larvesta and Volcarona huddle closer together, ducking their heads and bracing for the worst. Ieni shoves a terrified-looking Sunfire against your side and wraps around her other side before tucking his head into her neck and letting his legs go limp, using his weight to keep her from running. The ground bucks and rolls, acting more like water than solid ground, and the lava nearby overflows. The earth jerks and shakes, shivers and trembles, and you get a moment’s glimpse of Pele with her eyes closed and brow furrowed before something nearby explodes.

You, Ieni, Sunfire, and your team are all buffeted by the force, but, surprisingly, none of you are thrown off the peak. A glance over at where the lava pit was shows that it’s fountaining, throwing lava and molten rock into the air as a wave of the stuff rolls its way towards all of you!

Before it hits, it visibly ripples and then splits unnaturally around all of you, Pokémon and humans all, leaving a perfectly circular island in the midst of blistering, oven-hot heat untouched. That’s about when you notice that it’s actually getting really hard to breath, though if that’s because of Malfoy’s poison evaporating in the heat or because of the heat itself, you’re not sure. The lava flow certainly doesn’t look like it’ll be stopping anytime soon, rolling continuously as you watch.

You’re about to resign yourself to having made the wrong decision when you realize that something’s gone quiet. The roaring noise that you’d shoved into the background so you could think is gone and the heat has tapered off enough that it actually feels cold.

You hear Pele speak to someone, sounding short of breath yet still regal. “So…it seems my suspicions were correct.”

You follow Pele’s glance and spot a Celebi hovering nearby as it shrugs almost sheepishly at Pele. It turns to you and offers a hand with a rueful smile and a tilt of its head. Do you take it?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth, Heatmor, Stunfisk (Unovan), Toxicroak, Feraligatr)

~!~

Gemini Spark: You decide to take out the Magcargo first, which means Vi and Rengar have to dodge past the Houndoom and hope it doesn’t get in the way. Which, of course, it does when its trainer tells it to “Intercept!” It Feints and Rengar falls for it, letting the Houndoom land its Attack before Rengar even gets near the Magcargo. Fortunately for Rengar, the hit ends up throwing him closer to the Magcargo as, on the other side of the field, Vi Bulks Up.

“Lava Plume when it gets close and then hit it with a Burst of Flame,” the guy tells his Magcargo and then turns to his Houndoom. “And Crunch that Blaziken’s leg!”

Rengar manages to Disable the Magcargo’s Earth Power, right before a Plume of Lava bursts from the molten snail, making Rengar hiss as he quickly backpedals away from the heat. The vandal yelps and scrambles away from the fight as Fire Flashes over the Houndoom. Not that it takes advantage of its Ability as it leaps forward to Crunch Vi’s leg. Vi yells at the same time Rengar Flings his Toxic Orb and what should have been a direct hit, just barely grazes the Houndoom, as Rengar makes a last-minute adjustment so he doesn’t hit Vi instead. He’s thrown forward as a Burst of Fire explodes behind him and picks himself up not far from the edge as Vi Bulldozes her way over the Houndoom on her way to the Magcargo.

“Status effects?” the vandal yells across the field. It’s a little hard to hear him over the rain. “I guess you’re not as confident as you’re pretending to be.”

Or maybe you’ve actually got a strategy. Your orders?

Old 07-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #34
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
*coughs and slides updates across the table* So, gonna try to wrap these up by end of year, but, uh, we'll see how that goes.

~!~

Missingno. Master: You consider taking Pele at her word as you put the pendant on, feeling it radiate warmth, but you can’t believe that you were only brought back as a spectator. To that end, you call out reinforcements and have them focus on healing Pele’s physical body, while you tell Pele that you’re not one to just accept a situation; you’ll fight and if you’re wrong, well, then you’ll just have to accept the consequences.

Her gaze softens. “If only fire and passion alone could hold back an eruption…” She briefly bows her head and then pins you with a hard look. “I will be direct with you. Your help is too little, too late; this volcano refuses to be stopped. Gather your Pokémon close and brace yourselves.”

Barely a moment later, a loud rumbling rolls through the air like thunder and the Larvesta and Volcarona huddle closer together, ducking their heads and bracing for the worst. Ieni shoves a terrified-looking Sunfire against your side and wraps around her other side before tucking his head into her neck and letting his legs go limp, using his weight to keep her from running. The ground bucks and rolls, acting more like water than solid ground, and the lava nearby overflows. The earth jerks and shakes, shivers and trembles, and you get a moment’s glimpse of Pele with her eyes closed and brow furrowed before something nearby explodes.

You, Ieni, Sunfire, and your team are all buffeted by the force, but, surprisingly, none of you are thrown off the peak. A glance over at where the lava pit was shows that it’s fountaining, throwing lava and molten rock into the air as a wave of the stuff rolls its way towards all of you!

Before it hits, it visibly ripples and then splits unnaturally around all of you, Pokémon and humans all, leaving a perfectly circular island in the midst of blistering, oven-hot heat untouched. That’s about when you notice that it’s actually getting really hard to breath, though if that’s because of Malfoy’s poison evaporating in the heat or because of the heat itself, you’re not sure. The lava flow certainly doesn’t look like it’ll be stopping anytime soon, rolling continuously as you watch.

You’re about to resign yourself to having made the wrong decision when you realize that something’s gone quiet. The roaring noise that you’d shoved into the background so you could think is gone and the heat has tapered off enough that it actually feels cold.

You hear Pele speak to someone, sounding short of breath yet still regal. “So…it seems my suspicions were correct.”

You follow Pele’s glance and spot a Celebi hovering nearby as it shrugs almost sheepishly at Pele. It turns to you and offers a hand with a rueful smile and a tilt of its head. Do you take it?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth, Heatmor, Stunfisk (Unovan), Toxicroak, Feraligatr)
The sheer determination Keith was showing here was clearly not lost on Pele, but alas, Keith was mistaken; even his best efforts were too little, too late. Pele said so directly, urging Keith to gather his Pokémon close to him, and for everyone to brace themselves. "No... No..." Keith was groaning as the volcano erupted with great force. There were tears in his eyes as he thought of the villagers, of everyone who had welcomed him, treated him with such kindness, shown him such a fun time that the random out-of-nowhere time travel hadn't even weighed as heavily upon his mind as one would expect it to. He'd climbed this mountain, confronted Pele, with the intention of repaying that kindness... but in the end, nothing he did made a bit of difference.

"Gatoooor..." whined Gold.

"Cro-o-o-oak," groaned Malfoy.

"Stuuuun..." Rubeus uttered worriedly.

"Dis is bad..." Meowth whimpered.

Keith was feeling quite low by this point. It was all pointless. He wasn't brought back to change fate; he was just a spectator. A bystander. He couldn't make the slightest difference, this village was doomed from the start, he couldn't do anything...

And then, this decidedly dismal train of thought was abruptly derailed as he noticed that things had gone quiet. The atmosphere, which had until just now been extremely tough to breath, had started to feel cold, almost. And Pele was remarking about her suspicions having been correct. Keith turned to look at what Pele was seeing, and his mouth fell open; for the second time in his life, Keith was beholding the Mythical Pokémon Celebi.

"Celebi!" Keith exclaimed. Well, that surely answered the question- it had to be Celebi who brought him here! But why, if he wasn't able to save this doomed village? What was this all about? Was Celebi here to take him home? Or...? "...can we save them?" Keith asked Celebi urgently. "Did you mean to drop me off at an earlier time or something so I could actually do something?" He remembered, very vividly, meeting Celebi for the first time. He remembered, just as vividly, that he'd restored the Time Travel Pokémon's faith in humanity. He even still had that Rose Incense in his backpack that Celebi had given him the first time. He hadn't forgotten Celebi... is it possible Celebi hadn't forgotten him? Was it possible that Celebi wanted help saving these people, and thought to enlist Keith for this, but inadvertently dropped him off at too late a point and now sought to correct this? Keith had no way of knowing, not at the moment, but if there was a chance at it, he'd take it. And so he took the hand Celebi offered, hoping against hope that there was indeed something he still could do. Meowth, Rubeus, Gold, and Malfoy all held onto their Trainer, sensing that time travel was imminent and not wanting to get left behind.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:22 PM   #35
myahoo
Soul Badge

Set Twenty-Six

Missingno. Master: Celebi grimaces as you take its hand, looking regretful, and says that it has to get you out of here; you and your Pokémon are not meant to die here. You notice it doesn’t answer your question and, oddly enough, doesn’t seem to recognize you. Maybe…it’s not the same one as the one you met before? Or…is it possible that this Celebi hasn’t met you yet? Whatever the reason, it seems like you won’t get a chance to repay the villagers’ kindness in this time, so you’ll just…have to find a way to do it in your time.

Pele calls out to you as something in the air flexes. “Traveler! When you have returned to your time”—she pauses for a beat and her voice softens—“I would like to see you again. I have no power now to grant you any boon, but in the future…” She sighs heavily. “I suspect I will have energy to spare.”

With that possibly-ominous note, Celebi puts its full attention to bending time, the air fairly vibrating with tension. The tension climbs and climbs and climbs and you brace yourself for what’s sure to be a trip, only for the air to abruptly deflate for some reason. Celebi opens its eyes and turns, looking annoyed, mouth open to snap something out, but it ends up staring at another Celebi who looks…exasperated.

The second Celebi demands to know when the first grabbed you from and the first tells them, looking and sounding bewildered. The second Celebi then asks what it planned to do and the first tells them that it was going to send you home, since, you know, everything in the area’s about to die over the next day or so. The second Celebi visibly rolls its eyes. It slowly explains to the first that you can’t just take trainers like you and not let them affect things; first, it’s rude and disrespects the trainer’s own abilities. Second, trainers like you need to feel like they can do things and sometimes, they can even surprise you.

The second Celebi catches your eye and winks, zipping over to bump the first Celebi out of the way. It tells the first to watch, grabs your hand, and you can feel the air twist, your surroundings blurring into smears of color.

When your surroundings clear, you find yourself, your team, and, surprisingly, Sunfire back on the ridge where the villagers and the village Pokémon had evacuated to. Celebi lets go of your hand and tells you that you have a bit more time than you did a moment ago, but it’s not sure you’ll have enough to save everyone. You won’t get another chance to try, though; anything that’s on or nearby when Mt. Pele erupts will almost certainly be dead. It then drifts further away and nods at you, wishing you luck and telling you that it’ll be back to take you home, before vanishing in a flash of green.

You turn back to take stock of your surroundings. The villagers are mostly perched on the ridge that you followed earlier to reach Mt. Pele and, though you descended into the valley to actually climb the mountain, the ridge actually connects all the way to the volcano itself. Following the ridge the other way, the land gradually slopes down and flattens out until it merges into the slope leading down to the ocean. Some distance away, you spot what might be a pod of Lapras and, further out, possibly a pod of Wailmer and Wailord.

Looks like you got your chance to try to save the village. So, what’s the plan?

Old 08-11-2020, 11:16 PM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Celebi grimaces as you take its hand, looking regretful, and says that it has to get you out of here; you and your Pokémon are not meant to die here. You notice it doesn’t answer your question and, oddly enough, doesn’t seem to recognize you. Maybe…it’s not the same one as the one you met before? Or…is it possible that this Celebi hasn’t met you yet? Whatever the reason, it seems like you won’t get a chance to repay the villagers’ kindness in this time, so you’ll just…have to find a way to do it in your time.

Pele calls out to you as something in the air flexes. “Traveler! When you have returned to your time”—she pauses for a beat and her voice softens—“I would like to see you again. I have no power now to grant you any boon, but in the future…” She sighs heavily. “I suspect I will have energy to spare.”

With that possibly-ominous note, Celebi puts its full attention to bending time, the air fairly vibrating with tension. The tension climbs and climbs and climbs and you brace yourself for what’s sure to be a trip, only for the air to abruptly deflate for some reason. Celebi opens its eyes and turns, looking annoyed, mouth open to snap something out, but it ends up staring at another Celebi who looks…exasperated.

The second Celebi demands to know when the first grabbed you from and the first tells them, looking and sounding bewildered. The second Celebi then asks what it planned to do and the first tells them that it was going to send you home, since, you know, everything in the area’s about to die over the next day or so. The second Celebi visibly rolls its eyes. It slowly explains to the first that you can’t just take trainers like you and not let them affect things; first, it’s rude and disrespects the trainer’s own abilities. Second, trainers like you need to feel like they can do things and sometimes, they can even surprise you.

The second Celebi catches your eye and winks, zipping over to bump the first Celebi out of the way. It tells the first to watch, grabs your hand, and you can feel the air twist, your surroundings blurring into smears of color.

When your surroundings clear, you find yourself, your team, and, surprisingly, Sunfire back on the ridge where the villagers and the village Pokémon had evacuated to. Celebi lets go of your hand and tells you that you have a bit more time than you did a moment ago, but it’s not sure you’ll have enough to save everyone. You won’t get another chance to try, though; anything that’s on or nearby when Mt. Pele erupts will almost certainly be dead. It then drifts further away and nods at you, wishing you luck and telling you that it’ll be back to take you home, before vanishing in a flash of green.

You turn back to take stock of your surroundings. The villagers are mostly perched on the ridge that you followed earlier to reach Mt. Pele and, though you descended into the valley to actually climb the mountain, the ridge actually connects all the way to the volcano itself. Following the ridge the other way, the land gradually slopes down and flattens out until it merges into the slope leading down to the ocean. Some distance away, you spot what might be a pod of Lapras and, further out, possibly a pod of Wailmer and Wailord.

Looks like you got your chance to try to save the village. So, what’s the plan?

Having had prior experience with Celebi, Keith was not surprised to be able to understand the Time Travel Pokémon's response. And while it was comforting to know that the Mythical Pokémon was intent on getting them out of harm's way, it was nevertheless also dodging the question. Not only that, it somehow didn't seem to recognize Keith.

Before Keith could react to this, however, Pele called to him, telling him to seek her out when he returned to his time, stating that while she currently had no power to reward him as it was right now, she suspected that by that point she'd have energy to spare. Under the circumstances, that came off as remarkably ominous. Keith nodded in response to Pele's words, just as Celebi started to bend time. The tension in the air was palpable, until suddenly...

..it stopped?

Keith and Meowth exchanged confused looks, then turned to look at Celebi, but the Grass/Psychic-type didn't seem to have any more of a clue about what happened than they did. It actually looked annoyed, but then it turned to face something Keith was not prepared to see- a second Celebi.

"Wat da-!" Meowth exclaimed. "Dere's two o' dem?!"

"Apparently!" Keith remarked. "Or... well, it could be that the first Celebi is from an earlier point in time, and they're both the same one. Which, for that matter, would definitely explain it not recognizing me," he added.

The newcomer was quick to register its annoyance with the first Celebi, lecturing it on how it went about taking Keith through time without actually allowing him to alter anything or help out in any meaningful way. This answered a big question that was on Keith's mind- he was sent here almost certainly at random by a young, rash Celebi with no real goal in mind. Rude behavior, disrespectful to the Trainer's abilities. Furthermore, not only did Trainers like Keith feel the need to help out wherever they could, it was also, according to the second Celebi, possible for them to surprise you. This statement was followed by a wink in Keith's direction, which Keith returned with a smile- he got the feeling in that moment that this Celebi recognized him.

The second Celebi then went to bump its fellow Celebi (or past self- Keith still wasn't sure which was the case here) out of the way, told it to watch, then grabbed Keith's hand and proceeded to warp time. And this time (heh), the time travel took. Keith was back on the ridge where the villagers had evacuated to. His Pokémon had all come with, and, to Keith's surprise, so was Sunfire. Celebi told Keith that he had more time to act now, but whether it would actually be enough was unclear. Moreover, this was his one and only chance- anyone on or near the mountain when the eruption happened would be most certainly killed. And on that note, Celebi wished Keith luck, promised to return to take him back to his own time period, and vanished.

There was no time to lose. Keith looked around at his surroundings. The villagers were mostly perched on the ridge that Keith had followed earlier, and it actually connected to the volcano. Going the other way, there was a clear path to the ocean. Looking closer in that direction, Keith could just barely make out some Lapras, Wailmer, and Wailord. With all of this established, the way to proceed here was fairly clear.

"OK," Keith stated. He took a Poké Ball and tossed it, sending out his Tentacruel for the first time since the random time travel. "Gold, Aquarius, I want you two to head out to sea," he said, gesturing to the ocean. "Catch up to those Lapras, Wailmer, and Wailord, and get them on over this way, because we want them to help with the evacuations- if we got any hope, it's getting these people the hell off this island."

"Gator!" nodded Gold.

"Tentacruuuel," nodded Aquarius. The two of them turned and headed off towards the sea, with the Tentacruel using her eighty tentacles as makeshift legs as she so often did.

"OK, good," Keith murmured, turning to the rest of his Pokémon, and Sunfire. Meowth, Kyle, Rubeus, and Malfoy were looking at him intently- though of them, only Meowth and Kyle knew the full gravity of the situation, Celebi's words hadn't been lost on the Stunfisk or Toxicroak by any stretch of the imagination, and they were more than ready to do whatever they needed. "Guys, we gotta evacuate everyone off this island. We're gonna go and tell everybody to head on down to the ocean and board a Water-type."

"Tox toxi, Toxicroak?" Malfoy inquired.

"Dey can't undastand him," Meowth said in response. "Dey can undastand Pokémon language. I been doin' a lot o' back and forth translatin' lately. It's a long story we ain't got da time fer right now."

"Meowth's absolutely right," Keith stated. "We have to be quick about it. And y'all gotta make sure to tell them that I spoke with Pele and unfortunately, stopping the eruption is literally impossible, so everyone has to get away as fast as possible." He turned to face his Stunfisk in particular. "Rubeus, you need to keep an eye out for anyone that might not be up there with the others. I don't want to leave anyone behind."

"Stun Stunfisk," Rubeus responded seriously, flapping his side fins like wings to rise into the air.

"Toxicrooooaaak!" croaked Malfoy, sounding ready to move.

"Heat mor!" Kyle added. He could identify only too well with volcanic island-dwellers in grave danger, and so was more than willing to help.

"And dat goes triple fer me-owth!" declared the Normal-type on Keith's shoulder.

Keith smiled appreciatively, then turned to the Ponyta. "Sunfire," he said. "I won't be able to move around that fast by myself, so I'd really appreciate it if you would help me out with that- I'll need all the help I can get evacuating everyone, and I know you got it in you." His plan, his way forward, was clear. All Keith could do now was carry out his plan and hope and pray that it worked as intended.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:08 AM   #37
myahoo
Soul Badge

Set 27

Missingno. Master: You send Gold and Aquarius to rendezvous with the Lapras, Wailmer, and Wailord, hoping to convince the pods to help evacuate the villagers. Meanwhile, the rest of you would herd the villagers down to the beach to board a Water-type when they arrive.

At least, that’s the plan.

The first snag comes up when various villagers don’t seem to believe that Kyle, Rubeus, or Malfoy are yours. Meowth or Sunfire have to step in and explain that yes, those are your Pokémon and what they’re saying is true; Pele can’t hold back the eruption for much longer and everyone will die if they stay.

The second snag pops up when you try to get them to head down to the beach. Almost every single person you talk to balks, digging their heels in and citing the large earthquake on its way and the tsunami that’s likely to follow. Sure, they live near the sea, but they’re not water people. Several emphatically gesture at the remaining Ponyta, Rapidash, Fletchling, Litleo, and Growlithe to illustrate their point. Also, the tsunami they think will hit the island is likely to wipe everything out up to a point about halfway up the ridge. No way does anyone want to be at sea level for that.

The third snag…well. Someone realized that they saw you, Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind heading up the volcano not too long ago. How’d you get back down so fast and where’s Ieni? Of course, what with all the other difficulties this part of the plan is encountering, this person just had to say it loud enough for everyone nearby to hear and phrased just so to make you look suspicious.

Thankfully, you don’t have people turning on you just yet, but you can almost see the observation being passed through the population of the village as people turn to hear what you have to say. As you figure out how much to share and what exactly you want to say, you hope Gold and Aquarius are having better luck.

---

Gold and Aquarius:

The pair of aquatic Pokémon definitely don’t have any trouble getting down to the ocean or swimming out to the pods, but it does take them a while to actually reach them. There’s quite a bit of ocean to get through and the distance feels a lot longer now that they’re actually crossing it, instead of just considering it. And then there’s the fact that both Feraligatr and Tentacruel tend to be predators in the wild.

Gold and Aquarius reach the Lapras pod to find that the Lapras have bunched up and are eyeing them warily. Further past the Lapras pod, they can see the tops of Wailmer and Wailord watching the situation from a distance. What will they do?

Old 08-19-2020, 02:11 AM   #38
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: You send Gold and Aquarius to rendezvous with the Lapras, Wailmer, and Wailord, hoping to convince the pods to help evacuate the villagers. Meanwhile, the rest of you would herd the villagers down to the beach to board a Water-type when they arrive.

At least, that’s the plan.

The first snag comes up when various villagers don’t seem to believe that Kyle, Rubeus, or Malfoy are yours. Meowth or Sunfire have to step in and explain that yes, those are your Pokémon and what they’re saying is true; Pele can’t hold back the eruption for much longer and everyone will die if they stay.

The second snag pops up when you try to get them to head down to the beach. Almost every single person you talk to balks, digging their heels in and citing the large earthquake on its way and the tsunami that’s likely to follow. Sure, they live near the sea, but they’re not water people. Several emphatically gesture at the remaining Ponyta, Rapidash, Fletchling, Litleo, and Growlithe to illustrate their point. Also, the tsunami they think will hit the island is likely to wipe everything out up to a point about halfway up the ridge. No way does anyone want to be at sea level for that.

The third snag…well. Someone realized that they saw you, Ieni, Sunfire, and Blitzwind heading up the volcano not too long ago. How’d you get back down so fast and where’s Ieni? Of course, what with all the other difficulties this part of the plan is encountering, this person just had to say it loud enough for everyone nearby to hear and phrased just so to make you look suspicious.

Thankfully, you don’t have people turning on you just yet, but you can almost see the observation being passed through the population of the village as people turn to hear what you have to say. As you figure out how much to share and what exactly you want to say, you hope Gold and Aquarius are having better luck.

---

Gold and Aquarius:

The pair of aquatic Pokémon definitely don’t have any trouble getting down to the ocean or swimming out to the pods, but it does take them a while to actually reach them. There’s quite a bit of ocean to get through and the distance feels a lot longer now that they’re actually crossing it, instead of just considering it. And then there’s the fact that both Feraligatr and Tentacruel tend to be predators in the wild.

Gold and Aquarius reach the Lapras pod to find that the Lapras have bunched up and are eyeing them warily. Further past the Lapras pod, they can see the tops of Wailmer and Wailord watching the situation from a distance. What will they do?

Of course things weren't gonna be simple. Why would they? Simply telling the villagers what was going on wasn't gonna do the trick. First and foremost, they weren't all that inclined to trust in the random Heatmor, Stunfisk, and Toxicroak, but that was easily remedied, with Meowth and Sunfire intervening and confirming that they were indeed with Keith, and that their words were truth- Pele couldn't stop the eruption, was only barely holding it back as it was, and anyone who stayed was as good as dead.

If that had been the only snag, that would've been fine. But nobody was willing to go with the evacuation plan Keith had in mind, considering the earthquake was likely to cause a tsunami. Keith had to admit they had a point there, but on the other hand, it at least seemed more survivable than a damn volcanic eruption, and since those were the only two options on the table, Keith knew which option he'd prefer. Yes, the villagers had more of an affinity to fire than to water, but an affinity to fire does not equate to magic immunity to freaking lava.

And of course, the inevitable issue that was practically contractually obligated to crop up when going just a little ways back in time- someone had spotted Keith going up the volcano not too long ago, along with Sunfire, Ieni, and Blitzwind. Everyone was wondering how he got back down so fast, and also where Ieni was.

"Oh, that's just great," sighed Keith as Meowth relayed all this to him. "We don't have time for all these complications..." He gave a deep sigh.

"Wat are we gonna tell dem?" Meowth asked. "Da truth? It's a little much ta believe, ain't it?"

"And then some," agreed Keith. "But on the other hand, it's not like I got a good lie handy to tell them, either. Alright, Meowth, I guess it's time for another speech- you up to translate?"

"Naturally," purred Meowth.

Keith nodded appreciatively, clearing his throat before speaking up. "Alright, listen," he said, pausing between sentences to allow Meowth to translate. "I realize this all seems suspicious, so let me tell you all what's going on. When I got to the top of the mountain, when I spoke with Pele, I learned the truth- as my Pokémon and Sunfire have already told you, Pele cannot hold back the eruption for long, so anyone who's still on this island when it happens will die. Now... that won't actually happen for several minutes. When I learned this, it was already too late and the eruption had started, and that's when I was approached by the very being who had sent me here in the first place; Celebi. I had been brought here from the future by the Mythical Celebi, and it was Celebi who sent me back to just now so I could have an actual chance at saving you all. Ieni is safe," he added. "Acting on Pele's instruction, I took the necklace that an elder handed me just before climbing the mountain- the necklace that allowed me to reach Pele in the first place- and gave it to Ieni. It will protect him. You all have shown me great kindness and the warmest of hospitality since I arrived here," said Keith, "and it is here and now that I intend to return the favor, by ensuring that you all survive what is to come. I know you are not water people, but if we can escape on the backs of the Lapras, Wailmer, and Wailord, we at least have a chance. If any of you have a better idea for escaping, I would very much like to hear it; otherwise, this is the only way I can see that you all survive this," he finished desperately, Meowth diligently translating so the villagers would be able to understand what Keith was trying to get through to them. Rubeus, Kyle, and Malfoy all stood beside Keith, taking in the seriousness of the situation. If any of them had to speak up to try and help convince anyone, of Keith's trustworthiness or anything of the sort, they were all prepared to do so.

~~~~~

Gold and Aquarius weren't having that easy of a time themselves. Their respective species had their reputations as predators in the wild. Not to mention, swimming out to the Pokémon, they found that the Lapras have bunched up and were eyeing them warily. They slowed their approach, not wanting to come across as any more threatening than they already were. "We were sent by the human who was tasked with saving the villagers," Aquarius called out to the Lapras, hoping that her words would carry to the Wailmer and Wailord as well. "He is attempting to convince them to evacuate the island, and for that, they will need all of you."

"We mean you no harm," promised Gold, the normally jovial and laid-back Feraligatr treating the situation with the seriousness it deserved. "The humans need a way off the island- you're their only hope."

"If you don't trust us, by all means, don't let us out of your sight," added Aquarius. "As long as you do so while we head to shore to save the humans- time runs short."
Old 09-09-2020, 07:14 PM   #39
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Quote:

~!~

Gemini Spark: You decide to take out the Magcargo first, which means Vi and Rengar have to dodge past the Houndoom and hope it doesn’t get in the way. Which, of course, it does when its trainer tells it to “Intercept!” It Feints and Rengar falls for it, letting the Houndoom land its Attack before Rengar even gets near the Magcargo. Fortunately for Rengar, the hit ends up throwing him closer to the Magcargo as, on the other side of the field, Vi Bulks Up.

“Lava Plume when it gets close and then hit it with a Burst of Flame,” the guy tells his Magcargo and then turns to his Houndoom. “And Crunch that Blaziken’s leg!”

Rengar manages to Disable the Magcargo’s Earth Power, right before a Plume of Lava bursts from the molten snail, making Rengar hiss as he quickly backpedals away from the heat. The vandal yelps and scrambles away from the fight as Fire Flashes over the Houndoom. Not that it takes advantage of its Ability as it leaps forward to Crunch Vi’s leg. Vi yells at the same time Rengar Flings his Toxic Orb and what should have been a direct hit, just barely grazes the Houndoom, as Rengar makes a last-minute adjustment so he doesn’t hit Vi instead. He’s thrown forward as a Burst of Fire explodes behind him and picks himself up not far from the edge as Vi Bulldozes her way over the Houndoom on her way to the Magcargo.

“Status effects?” the vandal yells across the field. It’s a little hard to hear him over the rain. “I guess you’re not as confident as you’re pretending to be.”

Or maybe you’ve actually got a strategy. Your orders?

While it was too much to expect the enemy Houndoom to not interfere with the plan to focus down Magcargo, at least it seemed to focus on the one actually charging in instead of Vi who was busy Bulking Up and preparing herself to enter while looking a little more agile through her Speed Boost ability, though Rengar growled at himself after he fell for Houndoom's Feint Attack, he should have seen that coming! Fortunately, he was sent towards the Magcargo after that attack, so he readied himself for a nasty stare down. “Lava Plume when it gets close, and then hit it with a Burst of Flame,” came the order from the vandal, but Rengar's stare was fast enough to Disable Magcargo's Earth Power first. Still, that wasn't the attack that was ordered, so nothing else stopped Magcargo from letting loose a gout of Lava out of its shell, erupting into a red-hot Plume that splashed around the battlefield, with Rengar taking the worst of it, the Houndoom absorbing the attack and gaining more power with its Flash Fire ability, and the vandal scrambling to get away before he got hit by it himself. “And Crunch that Blaziken’s leg!” he shouts to his Houndoom before taking cover.

Unfortunately, Houndoom got to Vi first and clamped its jaws tightly over her leg, though she was able to grit her way through the painful Crunch with just a single yelp of pain. The problem was that Vi and the Houndoom were too close to each other, forcing Rengar to Fling his Toxic Orb at an odd angle to avoid hitting the friendly Blaziken, resulting in only a glancing hit on Houndoom and a failure to properly poison it. And that was before a Flame Burst from Magcargo exploded against his back and sent him fairly close to the cliff before he could recover. Meanwhile, Vi spent her turn shaking the Houndoom off of her leg, with one last stamp of her foot forcing it to release her before she tramples her way past the dog and towards the snail with her type-effective Bulldoze attack, that would slow it down for sure!

With the clouds still pouring down rain on the forest, the vandal's words were difficult to make out, though he could still hear, "Status effects? I guess you’re not as confident as you’re pretending to be.”

"Yeah, well what about you!? Running away from all these widespread attacks you keep resorting to? Talk about desperate, not to mention reckless and dangerous to everyone around you! Vi, keep going after Magcargo: Low Sweep into Sky Uppercut! Rengar, go get some Revenge on whoever attacks you, then zap them with a Thunderbolt!" Hopefully, Vi and Rengar would start landing some good damage before the battle turned into a fight to avoid falling off the cliff everyone was being pushed towards...

Old 10-12-2020, 06:31 PM   #40
myahoo
Soul Badge

Set 28

Missingno. Master: Out at sea, Gold and Aquarius are trying to convince a suspicious Lapras matriarch that they come in peace. They make their pleas, but she clearly doesn't believe them, prompting her pod to tighten up their circle and almost visibly gearing up to fight.

Except the gigantic shape of a Wailord slowly passes the entire confrontation, heading towards land. The Lapras matriarch watches her pass in shock, asking if she believes them, and the Wailord tells her she's willing to believe Gold and Aquarius are telling the truth. If what the two predators say is true, then they can help at least one village of humans and their Pokémon escape their deaths; if not, she doubts the two will be much of a match for both of their entire pods.

The Lapras matriarch deflates, grimacing as she admits that she wants to believe them but has to remain skeptical to protect her pod. But if the Wailord matriarch is willing to risk getting beached for them, then she'll do her part as well. She only asks that Gold and Aquarius do their best to ensure their pods make it out of the natural disasters alive.

She then gestures for Gold and Aquarius to lead the way back to the mainland and follows after.

---

Keith:

Now was not the time for complications to arise, so of course all sorts of them did. Thankfully, most are easy to resolve and you decide to solve the biggest one by explaining exactly what happened and what went down. Concerned muttering goes through the crowd when Meowth tells them that Pele can't hold back the eruption much longer, fear sweeping through the crowd. The muttering subsides into faint confusion when you bring up Celebi, but it's quickly set aside as you reassure them that Ieni is safe. When you ask them for suggestions, the talking quiets even further.

A familiar figure emerges from the crowd, turning to address the crowd himself. Chief Kupa'alani clearly backs you up, saying that you've done nothing even slightly suspicious since you've arrived and you've done your best to do what was asked of you. He also points out that even if you were lying, evacuating on Water Pokémon would see the villagers as safe from the tsunami as it would from the volcano. Especially if the Water Pokémon coming to help were those. He points out to sea.

The pods of Lapras and Wailmer and Wailord are steadily making their way towards land, led by Gold and Aquarius. The villagers seem to agree with their chief and slowly the crowd starts trickling down towards the beach; clearly the fact that Lapras are willing to help people is well-known even in this time.

Once most of the crowd's attention is off the pair of you, Chief Kupa'alani pulls you aside. He asks you to please help convince the priestesses to evacuate as well since most of them are older than he is and being stubborn about praying to Pele. If what you say is true, then the only thing praying to Pele will do is kill them all and they need their elders to keep the stories about Pele and what is happening today. He tells you that they're at the same temple where you were found and Keahilani is doing her best to convince them to at least return to the rest of the villagers, but he doesn't think she's getting anywhere. He hesitates and then tells you that you might have to literally move them yourself, but he hopes you can find a different way.

Well, at least most of the people are getting a move on and the pods have agreed to help. You think you still have time before that big earthquake, so will you try to get the priestesses out too?

~!~

Gemini Spark: "Hey, what do I care so long as I'm not caught in the crossfire?" the vandal yells back. "And I can always just return my Pokémon anyway, so sucks to be you! Sucker Punch that Blaziken, Houndoom, and then bring the mountain down on them with a Rock Slide, Magcargo!"

Speaking of widespread, dangerous attacks! Vi darts towards the Magcargo and gets intercepted by the Houndoom, getting Sucker Punched by it before it leaps out of the way. She manages to regain her footing just as the ground rumbles, Rocks from the nearby cliff Sliding down under the Magcargo's direction. Vi is thrown forward by the attack, putting her in perfect range to Sweep Low and knock the Magcargo to its side. She swiftly sends it into the Sky with a powerful Uppercut and pants triumphantly as her greatly-weakened foe crashes back to earth.

Rengar Flinches as the Rocks come Sliding down on him, shaking off the attack only to hear a short bark of laughter from the Houndoom watching him nearby. The Zangoose really should attack the Magcargo who set the Rock Slide...but here was the Houndoom clearly trying to goad an attack. A glance over at the Magcargo and Rengar was pretty sure the Houndoom was trying to keep its teammate from fainting. He turned around and called a Thunderbolt from the sky, the electricity slamming into the Magcargo and knocking it out as the Day abruptly turns Sunny. A moment later, a Beam of Solar energy slams into Rengar from behind throwing him into the dirt beside the fainted Magcargo.

While your Pokémon successfully kick the vandal's Magcargo all over the battlefield, you find yourself once more in the path of an attack, rocks falling from the cliff all the way to where you were directing the battle. You manage to dodge a few of the larger boulders, but several more knock you down, one in particular driving straight into your gut. You wheeze and have to lie down for a beat, working to catch your breath. Distantly, you hear the sound of a Pokémon being returned and then the vandal calls out to you, sounding outraged, "Are you fucking sleeping? What the fuck?" His voice drops to something not as loud. "Then again, this is an opportunity. Yeah. Yeah, alright. Houndoom! We're gonna try out that new thing Mom got us. You ready?"

That doesn't sound good. You force yourself up to see what the vandal's up to now and see him with his hand outstretched towards his Houndoom, something rainbow-colored glinting on a ring on his finger. A matching red-and-black item glints back from the Houndoom's neck, now clearly visible in the sunlight.

What will you do now?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eeletrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)
Old 10-12-2020, 06:58 PM   #41
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Out at sea, Gold and Aquarius are trying to convince a suspicious Lapras matriarch that they come in peace. They make their pleas, but she clearly doesn't believe them, prompting her pod to tighten up their circle and almost visibly gearing up to fight.

Except the gigantic shape of a Wailord slowly passes the entire confrontation, heading towards land. The Lapras matriarch watches her pass in shock, asking if she believes them, and the Wailord tells her she's willing to believe Gold and Aquarius are telling the truth. If what the two predators say is true, then they can help at least one village of humans and their Pokémon escape their deaths; if not, she doubts the two will be much of a match for both of their entire pods.

The Lapras matriarch deflates, grimacing as she admits that she wants to believe them but has to remain skeptical to protect her pod. But if the Wailord matriarch is willing to risk getting beached for them, then she'll do her part as well. She only asks that Gold and Aquarius do their best to ensure their pods make it out of the natural disasters alive.

She then gestures for Gold and Aquarius to lead the way back to the mainland and follows after.

---

Keith:

Now was not the time for complications to arise, so of course all sorts of them did. Thankfully, most are easy to resolve and you decide to solve the biggest one by explaining exactly what happened and what went down. Concerned muttering goes through the crowd when Meowth tells them that Pele can't hold back the eruption much longer, fear sweeping through the crowd. The muttering subsides into faint confusion when you bring up Celebi, but it's quickly set aside as you reassure them that Ieni is safe. When you ask them for suggestions, the talking quiets even further.

A familiar figure emerges from the crowd, turning to address the crowd himself. Chief Kupa'alani clearly backs you up, saying that you've done nothing even slightly suspicious since you've arrived and you've done your best to do what was asked of you. He also points out that even if you were lying, evacuating on Water Pokémon would see the villagers as safe from the tsunami as it would from the volcano. Especially if the Water Pokémon coming to help were those. He points out to sea.

The pods of Lapras and Wailmer and Wailord are steadily making their way towards land, led by Gold and Aquarius. The villagers seem to agree with their chief and slowly the crowd starts trickling down towards the beach; clearly the fact that Lapras are willing to help people is well-known even in this time.

Once most of the crowd's attention is off the pair of you, Chief Kupa'alani pulls you aside. He asks you to please help convince the priestesses to evacuate as well since most of them are older than he is and being stubborn about praying to Pele. If what you say is true, then the only thing praying to Pele will do is kill them all and they need their elders to keep the stories about Pele and what is happening today. He tells you that they're at the same temple where you were found and Keahilani is doing her best to convince them to at least return to the rest of the villagers, but he doesn't think she's getting anywhere. He hesitates and then tells you that you might have to literally move them yourself, but he hopes you can find a different way.

Well, at least most of the people are getting a move on and the pods have agreed to help. You think you still have time before that big earthquake, so will you try to get the priestesses out too?

Gold and Aquarius exchanged looks as the Lapras showed visible disbelief at their words, getting her pod prepared for a fight. The Feraligatr and Tentacruel were all set to set up Aqua Ring and Barrier respectively, but this ultimately proved unnecessary- one of the Wailord came forward, stating her willingness to believe the newcomers. This was sufficient for the Lapras. She wanted to remain skeptical in the hopes of protecting her pod, but she conceded that if Wailord trusted them, then so would she. Her only condition was that Gold and Aquarius would do their best to see them through these natural disasters with their lives. "You can count on it," Aquarius promised.

"We'll do everything we can," Gold agreed. "This way!" he added, with he and his Tentacruel teammate leading the way back towards land.

~~~~~

Sometimes, honesty really was the best policy, and this was shaping up to be one of those times. Keith's words, translated by Meowth, seemed to quiet most of the talking. And then, a familiar figure came forward, addressing the crowd- Chief Kupa'alani! Keith was relieved to see him, even moreso as Meowth breathed a sigh of relief. "Da chief's seein' sense here," he said to Keith. "He's remindin' everyone dat youse ain't done nuttin' suspicious since arrivin', and dat you've been doin' yer best ta do wat was asked o' youse da whole time." Keith broke out into a relieved smile at this, moreso as the villagers began to make their way toward the beach, having seen the Water-types headed there as well.

Then, Chief Kupa'alani pulled Keith aside with a request that Meowth was quick to translate; he was hoping Keith could convince the priestesses to evacuate- most of them were older than him and were stubbornly electing to pray to Pele to try and stop this. Which, as Keith knew good and well, wasn't going to work. They may as well be Magikarp using Splash in this situation. The chief added that Keith might have to literally move them himself, but was hoping he'd be able to find a different way. Needing no time to think about this- and indeed, not really having any time to think about this either- Keith's response to the chief was a resolute and reassuring nod, before he turned to his Heatmor, Stunfisk, and Toxicroak. "Guys, this way!" he exclaimed, and off they went. "Meowth, you said the same temple where they found us in the first place, right?"

"I sure did!" Meowth responded. "Let's get movin!"

"Let's!" Keith agreed. "Kyle, Rubeus, Malfoy, you three as well! It may well take us all to convince the priestesses, and time's running short!"

"Heatmor!" Kyle agreed.

"Stun stun!" added Rubeus, flapping his fins furiously.

"Crooooaaak!" croaked Malfoy, keeping up with ease.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #42
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Quote:
Gemini Spark: "Hey, what do I care so long as I'm not caught in the crossfire?" the vandal yells back. "And I can always just return my Pokémon anyway, so sucks to be you! Sucker Punch that Blaziken, Houndoom, and then bring the mountain down on them with a Rock Slide, Magcargo!"

Speaking of widespread, dangerous attacks! Vi darts towards the Magcargo and gets intercepted by the Houndoom, getting Sucker Punched by it before it leaps out of the way. She manages to regain her footing just as the ground rumbles, Rocks from the nearby cliff Sliding down under the Magcargo's direction. Vi is thrown forward by the attack, putting her in perfect range to Sweep Low and knock the Magcargo to its side. She swiftly sends it into the Sky with a powerful Uppercut and pants triumphantly as her greatly-weakened foe crashes back to earth.

Rengar Flinches as the Rocks come Sliding down on him, shaking off the attack only to hear a short bark of laughter from the Houndoom watching him nearby. The Zangoose really should attack the Magcargo who set the Rock Slide...but here was the Houndoom clearly trying to goad an attack. A glance over at the Magcargo and Rengar was pretty sure the Houndoom was trying to keep its teammate from fainting. He turned around and called a Thunderbolt from the sky, the electricity slamming into the Magcargo and knocking it out as the Day abruptly turns Sunny. A moment later, a Beam of Solar energy slams into Rengar from behind throwing him into the dirt beside the fainted Magcargo.

While your Pokémon successfully kick the vandal's Magcargo all over the battlefield, you find yourself once more in the path of an attack, rocks falling from the cliff all the way to where you were directing the battle. You manage to dodge a few of the larger boulders, but several more knock you down, one in particular driving straight into your gut. You wheeze and have to lie down for a beat, working to catch your breath. Distantly, you hear the sound of a Pokémon being returned and then the vandal calls out to you, sounding outraged, "Are you fucking sleeping? What the fuck?" His voice drops to something not as loud. "Then again, this is an opportunity. Yeah. Yeah, alright. Houndoom! We're gonna try out that new thing Mom got us. You ready?"

That doesn't sound good. You force yourself up to see what the vandal's up to now and see him with his hand outstretched towards his Houndoom, something rainbow-colored glinting on a ring on his finger. A matching red-and-black item glints back from the Houndoom's neck, now clearly visible in the sunlight.

What will you do now?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eeletrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)
After the vandal was called out for his recklessness, he retorted with, "Hey, what do I care so long as I'm not caught in the crossfire? And I can always just return my Pokémon anyway, so sucks to be you! Sucker Punch that Blaziken, Houndoom, and then bring the mountain down on them with a Rock Slide, Magcargo!"

There was just no reasoning with this guy! There was also a difficult time getting to the Magcargo as Vi's attempt was cut off by the Houndoom's Sucker Paw- I mean Punch to her face, and it took some time for her to recover...too much time to stop the Magcargo from letting loose a Rock Slide! At least from Vi's perspective, she was able to take the hit and let it propel her further towards the Rock-type, landing right next to it and Sweeping her leg right at its "foot" to bring it down Low, only to send it flying into the Sky with a powerful Uppercut, both of which took advantage of the snail's typing and dealt massive amounts of damage.

Rengar and Hyrem weren't so lucky. Rengar got knocked around a bit by the Rock Slide and was too distracted to launch his first attack, and after seeing the Houndoom taunt him, he was tempted to throw himself at the canine and rip it a new one. But one look at the Magcargo, and he knew that one more attack should finish it off~ Then he could concentrate all his energy on ripping the Houndoom apart! With that in mind, he thrust his claw into the air and used the clouds to zap the Magcargo with a mighty Thunderbolt and knocked the consciousness out of it, but not before the cloud cover was broken, Magcargo had barely managed to turn the weather back into a Sunny Day with its last breath! Houndoom used that to its advantage and launched a quickened Solar Beam that blasted Rengar and launched him next to the unconscious Magcargo.

Hyrem got the worst of it as he tried his best to avoid the widespread
attack and could only dodge a few big ones before the rest knocked him off his feet, leaving him on the ground and forced to catch his breath, though he did manage to hear the spoiled vandal curse to himself while returning his Pokemon, so he knew Vi and Rengar had taken down the Magcargo at least! "Then again," the vandal continued, "this is an opportunity. Yeah. Yeah, alright. Houndoom! We're gonna try out that new thing Mom got us. You ready?"

He definitely had a trick up his sleeves, that was for sure! Hyrem got up as best he could, and he saw now what the rain had obscured earlier when he tried to show it off: a Mega Stone! And one was affixed to Houndoom too!

"Vi, Rengar, be very careful, that Houndoom is about to get a whole lot stronger!" warned Hyrem. "Rengar, use Dig to get away from Houndoom's next attack before going all in with Close Combat! Vi, use the loose stones around the field and try to get Houndoom in a Rock Tomb, then use a Sky Uppercut on it while it's trapped!" Hopefully, they would be able to use their type advantage to deal with the one opponent even after it Mega Evolves, though with those kinds of Pokemon, they usually get stronger stats in general. This wasn't going to be easy either way...

Old 05-17-2021, 07:31 PM   #43
myahoo
Soul Badge

Set 29

Missingno. Master: With the vast majority of the villagers heading to what you hope will be safety, you and your non-aquatic Pokémon head down into the valley to round up the praying priestesses. Sunfire scrambles to follow after you, clearly confident in Chief Kupa'alani's ability to organize everyone onto the Water-types, and then trots ahead into the temple.

The moment you cross the threshold, you're hit with a moment of déjà vu. You've been here before. Except...last time, it was old and dusty and dark, filled with irritated tourists and harried-looking rangers. Now, it's brightly lit with torches, the murals clean and clear. Around twenty elderly priestesses kneel or sit on the ground, some with their heads bowed, others seemingly taking in the walls for what they clearly believe is the last time. You spot Keahilani and Sunfire speaking with a group of Fire-type Pokémon in a corner and the group splits up shortly after, each of the Fire-types heading to various priestesses and clearly attempting to convince their humans to evacuate.

Thankfully, most seem willing to believe their Pokémon, one by one getting to their feet and making their way outside, but one somewhat familiar elderly priestess remains on her knees. A Delphox hovers over her, just about wringing its hands, as Keahilani steps over to you. She explains tiredly, through Meowth, that Grandmother (which sounds more like a title, the way she uses it) refuses to leave the temple unless Pele herself tells her to, as she will not abandon the duty she's promised to uphold. Keahilani, in what is clearly a moment of frustration, says she doubts Pele would want one of her oldest and most faithful followers to die when the goddess clearly has a hand in your appearance, but she hasn't been able to convince Grandmother of that. She hopes that you'd be willing to attempt to convince Grandmother, but if you can get Grandmother to evacuate, Keahilani almost doesn't seem to care how you do it.

What do you do?

~!~

Gemini Spark: You manage to knock the Magcargo out, but you barely get a chance to celebrate before the vandal shows off a Mega Stone for his Houndoom! As a bright light coalesces around the Houndoom, Rengar Digs straight down, disappearing into the ground, as Vi picks up a good-sized Rock and heaves it in the Houndoom's direction. The bright light fades, revealing a Mega Houndoom, who flinches back as the rocks begin to enTomb it.

"Houndoom, Hyper Beam!" the vandal yells as Vi dashes forward, your Blaziken preparing her next attack. Unfortunately, the vandal's order catches her off guard, the Hyper Beam striking her directly in the chest. The attack sends her sliding backwards and when it cuts out, she falls to one knee, panting for breath. Thankfully, Rengar bursts out of the ground at that exact moment, slamming into the Mega Houndoom and bringing the Combat in Close to give Vi a chance to catch her breath.

"Oh, no, you don't," the vandal says darkly as Rengar finishes his blows. "Houndoom, Counter."

Rengar's eyes widen, but he doesn't get a chance to dodge before all the power he'd just slammed into the Mega Houndoom comes rebounding right back at him. Your Zangoose is thrown back towards your side of the field, hitting the ground and rolling to a stop not far from where you are. Still, he struggles to get back to his feet for several beats and then finally slumps to the ground.

Rengar is unable to battle.

"Hah! Take that!" the vandal yells from across the field, clearly not noticing Vi getting to her feet in a sudden Blaze of temper. Your Blaziken throws herself across the field, Uppercuting the Mega Houndoom into the Sky in revenge for putting Rengar out. The vandal and his Houndoom both yelp, one in surprise, the other in pain.

"What the--it's still up?!" The vandal shakes his head. "Well, we'll solve that shortly."

Both Mega Houndoom and Vi pant as they wait for their next set of orders, both looking worse for wear. Mega Houndoom winces in the bright sunlight, looking a little...sickly? You squint at it. Did Rengar actually manage to Poison it earlier or was this its Ability kicking in? Either way, the next round was sure to end this battle, one way or another.

How do you plan to finish this?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektross, Blaziken, Zangoose)
Old 05-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #44
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: With the vast majority of the villagers heading to what you hope will be safety, you and your non-aquatic Pokémon head down into the valley to round up the praying priestesses. Sunfire scrambles to follow after you, clearly confident in Chief Kupa'alani's ability to organize everyone onto the Water-types, and then trots ahead into the temple.

The moment you cross the threshold, you're hit with a moment of déjà vu. You've been here before. Except...last time, it was old and dusty and dark, filled with irritated tourists and harried-looking rangers. Now, it's brightly lit with torches, the murals clean and clear. Around twenty elderly priestesses kneel or sit on the ground, some with their heads bowed, others seemingly taking in the walls for what they clearly believe is the last time. You spot Keahilani and Sunfire speaking with a group of Fire-type Pokémon in a corner and the group splits up shortly after, each of the Fire-types heading to various priestesses and clearly attempting to convince their humans to evacuate.

Thankfully, most seem willing to believe their Pokémon, one by one getting to their feet and making their way outside, but one somewhat familiar elderly priestess remains on her knees. A Delphox hovers over her, just about wringing its hands, as Keahilani steps over to you. She explains tiredly, through Meowth, that Grandmother (which sounds more like a title, the way she uses it) refuses to leave the temple unless Pele herself tells her to, as she will not abandon the duty she's promised to uphold. Keahilani, in what is clearly a moment of frustration, says she doubts Pele would want one of her oldest and most faithful followers to die when the goddess clearly has a hand in your appearance, but she hasn't been able to convince Grandmother of that. She hopes that you'd be willing to attempt to convince Grandmother, but if you can get Grandmother to evacuate, Keahilani almost doesn't seem to care how you do it.

What do you do?

There was no time to waste, and Keith and his Pokémon all knew it. Chief Kupa'alani could be left to seeing his people onto the waiting Water-types, and judging by the way Sunfire followed Keith, it seemed the Ponyta knew this as well.

And in an instant as he crossed the threshold, Keith knew. This place looked familiar, and for a good reason- he'd been here before! Or... would be... in the future... Yeah, time travel and grammar continue to not mix well. But yes- Keith and Meowth exchanged brief looks- they both knew that this was where their adventure had started, if not necessarily when. It hadn't yet become the old and dusty tourist trap that Keith first saw it as, and was still in its prime. A sight that Keith might have stopped to marvel at, if he only had that kind of time, which he knew good and well he did not. He saw around twenty elderly priestesses, some sitting, some kneeling, but most importantly, none of them running for their lives. Thankfully, this wasn't an issue for long- Keith could see Keahilani and Sunfire speaking with some Fire-types, after which said Fire-types split up and convinced their humans to evacuate. And the good news was, most of the humans got up and did just that!

...the bad news was, most of the humans got up and did just that.

Keith groaned quietly as one elderly priestess, someone who looked rather familiar, no less, continued to kneel. Her Delphox at least looked worried- was this the priestess who had given Keith the necklace that allowed him to reach Pele? Yes, she probably was, Keith realized. But there was no time to well on that- Keahilani approached Keith, talking tiredly, and Meowth was quick to translate. "She's sayin' dat Grandmother ova dere- exactly wat she called her, Grandmother, sounded more like a title ta me-owth- refuses ta leave unless Pele herself tells her to," Meowth translated. "She don't wanna abandon her duty. But Keahilani don't tink Pele would want one o' her oldest and most faithful followers ta die. She's hopin' youse can talk some sense inta Grandmother," Meowth finished. "Though if ya ask me, she don't sound too picky as ta whether yer methods involve much actual convincin'," he added.

Keith gave a small sigh, and nodded to Keahilani. "I'll do what I can," he said, which Meowth was quick to translate, after which he stepped over to the priestess known as Grandmother. "Meowth, be ready to translate for me, OK?" he said.

"Been ready dis whole time, dat ain't about ta change," Meowth said seriously.

Keith approached Grandmother, Meowth on his shoulder, and his Toxicroak, Stunfisk, and Heatmor around him. "Excuse me," Keith said, with Meowth piping up to translate Keith's words in the pauses Keith left between his sentences. "I know you are unwilling to leave here unless told to do so by Pele. But I'm afraid that's probably not going to happen- I went up the mountain, with the help of the necklace you gave me, and I spoke with Pele. She cannot stop the eruption. It's not that she won't- she literally can't. Without the sacrifices and the festivals, she doesn't have enough power to stop the eruptions or earthquakes. Right now, she's doing everything she can to simply hold it back so that you all can get to safety, but it is not a permanent solution, and it will not hold for long. She's not going to be able to do that and come down here to tell you to leave- if she could, she would have already done so by now."

It was at this point Keith's Heatmor stepped forward to address Grandmother. "I met Pele along with my human," he said. "In the past, I have experienced the reign of a cruel volcano deity, and with that in mind I can safely say, Pele is most certainly not cruel. I do not believe she would want you dead, considering your obvious devotion to her, but right now, and I cannot stress this enough, that is not in her power right now. What my human is saying, about her having to focus entirely on holding back the eruption for as long as possible, it is true, and we have very little time to work with here. I implore you, evacuate with the others." The Heatmor's voice shook slightly during this last sentence- the whole ordeal was bringing back memories from his days in Mt. Aduro, under Heatran's tyrannical rule, memories of those he could not save, of those not even Keith could save... he did not want to see something like that happen again.

Malfoy, meanwhile, turned his attention to the woman's Delphox. "Is there nothing you can do to help convince her?" the Toxicroak asked. "These guys are speaking the truth."
Old 08-16-2021, 01:37 AM   #45
myahoo
Soul Badge

Set Thirty

Missingno. Master: Grandmother stills as you and Kyle each plead with her, clearly pausing in whatever she’s doing to listen to your words. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have convinced her as she turns back to her vigil, saying that if the only way she can help Pele is to offer up her life, then that’s what she’ll do; it would be a gift, freely offered, and Pele would understand.

Meanwhile, the Delphox looks like it would have thrown its arms down and stomped a foot if it weren’t trying to remain dignified in the face of Malfoy’s question, clearly nearing the end of its rope. “Don’t you think I’ve tried?” it snaps plaintively. “She refuses to hear anything of leaving, no matter that we know Pele loves us and would rather we live than sacrifice ourselves for her. Especially for one as long-lived as her.” It gives into the urge to stomp its foot and sends accidental Embers flaring across the ground. “She’s so stubborn! As though Pele would be offended if we saved ourselves!” Its flare of temper burned out, the Delphox deflates with a sigh. It continues quietly, already halfway to mourning, “The last time she was this stubborn, an older priestess was the only one who could convince her to stop. Unfortunately, she’s the most senior priestess now, so the only one who could make her listen is Pele herself.” It huffs out a wry laugh. “Or, I suppose, someone Pele favors, but there hasn’t been one in generations; where would we find one on such short notice?”

You catch the faint sounds of surprised exclamations from the evacuating priestesses outside, but you don’t have time to deal with that right now. A glance back at Keahilani shows the other priestess looking anxiously between you and whatever’s happening outside, caught between leaving with the other priestesses and confirming that Grandmother will make it.

It could just be your imagination, but it feels like time is running short. What do you do?

Old 08-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #46
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Grandmother stills as you and Kyle each plead with her, clearly pausing in whatever she’s doing to listen to your words. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have convinced her as she turns back to her vigil, saying that if the only way she can help Pele is to offer up her life, then that’s what she’ll do; it would be a gift, freely offered, and Pele would understand.

Meanwhile, the Delphox looks like it would have thrown its arms down and stomped a foot if it weren’t trying to remain dignified in the face of Malfoy’s question, clearly nearing the end of its rope. “Don’t you think I’ve tried?” it snaps plaintively. “She refuses to hear anything of leaving, no matter that we know Pele loves us and would rather we live than sacrifice ourselves for her. Especially for one as long-lived as her.” It gives into the urge to stomp its foot and sends accidental Embers flaring across the ground. “She’s so stubborn! As though Pele would be offended if we saved ourselves!” Its flare of temper burned out, the Delphox deflates with a sigh. It continues quietly, already halfway to mourning, “The last time she was this stubborn, an older priestess was the only one who could convince her to stop. Unfortunately, she’s the most senior priestess now, so the only one who could make her listen is Pele herself.” It huffs out a wry laugh. “Or, I suppose, someone Pele favors, but there hasn’t been one in generations; where would we find one on such short notice?”

You catch the faint sounds of surprised exclamations from the evacuating priestesses outside, but you don’t have time to deal with that right now. A glance back at Keahilani shows the other priestess looking anxiously between you and whatever’s happening outside, caught between leaving with the other priestesses and confirming that Grandmother will make it.

It could just be your imagination, but it feels like time is running short. What do you do?

Time was not on their side. Well... OK, one could argue that Celebi's involvement meant that time wasn't necessarily not on their side, but at the same time, all the time in the world remained a luxury far beyond their reach, is the general gist of it. In any case, it meant that they had to just hope that Grandmother would see their words for the truth that they were and react accordingly.

Which, of course, she did not.

"Nuttin' doin'," Meowth translated for Keith. "She's tinkin' dat if the only way she can help Pele is ta offer up her life, den dat's just wat she intends ta do."

"...but that's not gonna help at all!" Keith said incredulously. "All that'll do is make her a sitting Ducklett for when the eruption happens!"

"Hey, it ain't like we ain't tried tellin' her dat," sighed Meowth, gesturing to Grandmother.

Delphox, meanwhile, was no less infuriated by the situation at hand, telling Malfoy that it had been trying, but it proved no better in the face of her sheer stubbornness. Meowth was quick to translate Delphox's outburst as well for Keith.

"...and Delphox is tinkin' dat the only ones wat could make Grandmother change her mind is Pele herself..."

"Which, as we established, isn't likely to happen," sighed Keith.

"...or someone wat dat Pele favors," finished Meowth. "But dere ain't been anyone like dat in generations."

"I mean... given what we witnessed, I'm thinking Ieni might qualify," Keith said thoughtfully.

"Oh, yeah," Meowth shot back, rolling his eyes. "Because we totally gots time ta waltz back up da mountain, somehow make it trough dat barrier witout that necklace no more, tell Ieni da situation, bring him back down here, and have him tell Grandmother wat's wat around here! Yeah, we totally ain't on no stinkin' time limit dat'd prevent dat from bein' a feasible plan!!"

"OK, OK, I get it, that's not an option, it's time we don't have," Keith said hastily. "Damn... I wish I'd brought Hebenon, Teleport would come in real handy right about now..."

"I don't tink we gots any otha options," Meowth stated. "Rememba wat da chief said?"

"...that we might have to literally move some of the priestesses, yeah," Keith nodded. "You also said he hoped we wouldn't need to do that."

"Yeah, well, wateva he was hopin' fer, it's lookin' like dat's our only option," stated Meowth.

"Heat..." Kyle murmured. The Heatmor had been arriving at the same conclusion as his Trainer, and it took but a moment of shared eye contact between Trainer and Heatmor to know that they agreed- convincing Grandmother was not going to work, or at least not in the time they had available to them.

Keith could hear surprised exclamations from the leaving priestesses. He glanced over, and he could see Keahilani and said priestesses- all were looking anxiously back and forth between what was happening outside and Grandmother, all were clearly concerned as to whether she would make it. And as though the urgency of the situation hadn't been weighing on Keith this whole time as it was, he felt in that moment, more strongly than before, that they were running out of time. Tracking down Ieni or maybe even someone else who had earned Pele's favor seemed like naught but a wild Zangoose chase. The time to act was now. And another look at Kyle only solidified the fact that they couldn't just leave Grandmother here to die. "Let's do it, then," Keith nodded.

"Mor," Kyle nodded back. The Heatmor then nodded to Malfoy, which in turn made the Toxicroak nod. And then, in a display of formidable Strength, Malfoy deftly picked up Grandmother and made to carry her outside, which was everyone else's cue to go as well, with Keith and his Heatmor taking the lead. Rubeus was bringing up the rear, the Stunfisk urging Delphox to go as well. If necessary, of course, that is- after all, Delphox had already shown far better understanding of the situation than Grandmother, so it was the Stunfisk's hope that the Fire/Psychic-type wouldn't need much persuasion, if any at all. They weren't leaving anybody behind.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:05 PM   #47
myahoo
Soul Badge

Thirty-One

Missingno. Master: Based on the Delphox’s outburst, you figure Ieni might be able to convince Grandmother to leave, but Meowth correctly points out that you had no way to get Ieni here at the moment. You exchange glances with your Pokémon and come to a decision; a nod at Kyle who passes it on to Malfoy gets the Toxicroak to use his Strength to pick Grandmother up and turn for the door.

Grandmother squawks as Malfoy sweeps her feet out from under her and Delphox is halfway through Throwing Fire from its wand before it realizes that Grandmother’s not in any danger. Thankfully, the flames dissipate before they reach anyone.

“What are you doing?” it demands, hurrying after your procession, nodding absently at Rubeus’ urging. “You can’t just—why would you—“ It makes a frustrated noise and throws its hands into the air.

Grandmother snaps at Malfoy to put her down as you exit the temple, finding the other priestesses only part of the way to where the rest of the village has hopefully been evacuating. The elderly women are all facing the volcano, speaking quietly to each other, and you can’t help possibly feeling exasperated. You’d think the threat of Pele erupting would keep everyone focused, but apparently not.

You turn to see what caught their attention and spot a shape approaching quickly. A Ponyta gallops up to the group, sides heaving, and immediately does a double-take at the sight of you. He glances incredulously up at the volcano’s peak. Hadn’t he just left—? He shakes his head and refocuses, turning to speak to Grandmother and ignoring the fact that she is currently being carried in Malfoy’s arms. He tells her that you are not Pele’s chosen, that Pele doesn’t know where you come from, that Pele can’t hold the volcano back any longer, and that Ieni sent him away to warn everyone to leave. At least the latter gets the other priestesses moving again, though it has Grandmother frowning at you.

Delphox glances between the Ponyta and you, confused. “But…you spoke to Pele. I saw her give you a favor.” It frowns down at its wand and mutters, “Did I see wrong?”

Well, that was clear. Did you manage to make any sense of that? More importantly, though, does it matter?

What do you do now?

Old 08-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #48
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Based on the Delphox’s outburst, you figure Ieni might be able to convince Grandmother to leave, but Meowth correctly points out that you had no way to get Ieni here at the moment. You exchange glances with your Pokémon and come to a decision; a nod at Kyle who passes it on to Malfoy gets the Toxicroak to use his Strength to pick Grandmother up and turn for the door.

Grandmother squawks as Malfoy sweeps her feet out from under her and Delphox is halfway through Throwing Fire from its wand before it realizes that Grandmother’s not in any danger. Thankfully, the flames dissipate before they reach anyone.

“What are you doing?” it demands, hurrying after your procession, nodding absently at Rubeus’ urging. “You can’t just—why would you—“ It makes a frustrated noise and throws its hands into the air.

Grandmother snaps at Malfoy to put her down as you exit the temple, finding the other priestesses only part of the way to where the rest of the village has hopefully been evacuating. The elderly women are all facing the volcano, speaking quietly to each other, and you can’t help possibly feeling exasperated. You’d think the threat of Pele erupting would keep everyone focused, but apparently not.

You turn to see what caught their attention and spot a shape approaching quickly. A Ponyta gallops up to the group, sides heaving, and immediately does a double-take at the sight of you. He glances incredulously up at the volcano’s peak. Hadn’t he just left—? He shakes his head and refocuses, turning to speak to Grandmother and ignoring the fact that she is currently being carried in Malfoy’s arms. He tells her that you are not Pele’s chosen, that Pele doesn’t know where you come from, that Pele can’t hold the volcano back any longer, and that Ieni sent him away to warn everyone to leave. At least the latter gets the other priestesses moving again, though it has Grandmother frowning at you.

Delphox glances between the Ponyta and you, confused. “But…you spoke to Pele. I saw her give you a favor.” It frowns down at its wand and mutters, “Did I see wrong?”

Well, that was clear. Did you manage to make any sense of that? More importantly, though, does it matter?

What do you do now?

As was not altogether unexpected, Malfoy's little maneuver did not win him or his teammates or Trainer any points with Grandmother. Her Delphox had instinctively gone for an attack, but thankfully realized to stop before anyone could actually get hurt by it. This, however, did not translate to an end of the Delphox's exasperation. "Because as it stands, we are out of other options," the Stunfisk stated seriously in response to Delphox's frustrated questioning.

Grandmother did not share this point of view, snapping at Malfoy to put her down. The Toxicroak, however, paid her no heed, knowing the gravity of the situation, and as it seemed, maybe even knowing it a bit better than she did. And as they got outside, they could still see the priestesses, facing the volcano, whispering to one another, and more to the point, not freaking evacuating. "Oy," groaned Meowth. "Ya'd tink an imminent natural disasta would maybe get 'em ta focus a little."

"You would think, yeah," Keith agreed. He turned to look at what caught their attention- and that's when he saw the Ponyta. "Isn't that Ieni's...?" Keith trailed off, before realizing at the double take he was greeted with, that yes, it freaking was.

"OK, dat's good," Meowth stated as the Ponyta started speaking. "Tellin' her... well, OK, maybe startin' wit da fact dat ya ain't Pele's chosen weren't da most strategically sound start, but Ieni sent him ta warn everyone ta leave, maybe dat'll get trough ta her..." And this got most of the priestesses to move.... though that, once again, still left Grandmother frowning at Keith. "...or maybe not," Meowth groaned exasperatedly. Keith was spared, for the moment, at least, from having to think of how to respond to all of this, when Delphox spoke up, sounding confused about something. "...Huh?" Meowth remarked.

"What?" Keith asked.

"Delphox is sayin' dat it saw Pele give youse a favor," Meowth replied, turning to Keith. "Wat in da..."

"Gave me a favor?" Keith repeated, frowning. "I don't think she gave me anythi- wait," he murmured, his eyes widening with realization, something coming back to him. Truly astonishing, was it not, the effects an impending crisis could have on one's short-term memory? Perhaps it'd have been better for him to have thought of this a minute or so ago, but hopefully that momentary lapse in concentration wasn't going to be any sort of an issue. And, more to the point, that what he now was thinking of was indeed what Delphox saw. He showed Delphox and Grandmother the pendant Pele had given to him to wear, just before Keith had sent out his Pokémon to try and heal Pele's Pokémon form. "Pele made this and gave it to me," he said (Meowth took the hint and started translating). "Is this what you saw?" he (and by extension, Meowth) asked Delphox. Keith's Pokémon were paying rather intent attention to this conversation- Malfoy in particular was prepared to gently set Grandmother back down if it became clear she was willing to evacuate after this.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:50 AM   #49
myahoo
Soul Badge

Thirty-Two

Missingno. Master: Delphox’s mutterings remind you of the pendant Pele gave you when you tried to heal her and you pull it out to show the pair, hoping that it’ll make your job easier. Delphox lights up at the sight and nods. “I didn’t get a good look at whatever she gave you, so I’d assumed it was something small, but an actual sign of Pele’s favor…”

Grandmother huffs loudly, catching Delphox’s attention, and shoots it a pointed glance. Delphox ducks its head and then obligingly bats at the back of your head without any real attempt at harm. Grandmother tells you that you should have just started with that before telling Malfoy that she’s not so old that she can’t ride; there’s a perfectly good Ponyta right there, so he might as well help her up.

Unfortunately, before Malfoy gets a chance to move, the ground jerks under your feet, Blitzwind and Sunfire stumbling to stay upright and whinnying in fright. Several cries go up as priestesses and their Pokémon struggle to keep their feet further up the hill, many losing their balance and falling to their knees. Malfoy wobbles but manages to keep his feet…several inches above the ground.

The ground continues to shiver and shake for several more moments before subsiding sullenly, the priestesses shakily getting to their feet in the aftermath. They exchange frightened glances and start hurrying towards the evacuation site; clearly, now that Blitzwind has backed up your story and they’ve experienced their second earthquake in such a short time, they’re taking the situation much more seriously than they had been. Meanwhile, Delphox gently releases its Telekinetic hold on Malfoy, setting your Toxicroak back on relatively-solid ground.

Things move quickly after that. Grandmother hauls herself up onto Blitzwind’s back and then trots after the rest of the priestesses, Delphox and your group bringing up the rear in case anyone falls behind or needs help. Several of your Pokémon lend their aid when some priestess stumble or their Pokémon get into an argument, helping to chivvy the group back to the beach where the evacuation is happening.

As you rejoin the evacuation, you notice that only a few people remain, clearly waiting to see whether you had been successful. Further out to sea, you spot the Lapras ferrying villagers out to the Wailord, several of the whales calmly carrying humans on their backs. A relieved cry goes up from the people on the beach and you see Chief Kupa’alani’s shoulders slump as he sags back against the Lapras he was waiting with. The villagers hurry forward to help the priestesses to the two remaining Lapras, while the chief walks over to wrap you up in a hug. He releases you after a few moments, clapping you on the shoulders as he gives you his heartfelt gratitude. He admits he wasn’t sure you would be successful, but he is very glad you were. Grandmother calls for him to hurry up and when the chief calls back, the way he calls her grandmother, it’s definitely not a title.

You don’t get to enjoy your success for long as the ground jerks again, rolling under your feet as Pokémon and people alike cry out in fear and shock. This time, there’s a roaring coming from somewhere behind you, a constant loud noise, and you can’t help turning to look.

The volcano, Mt. Pele, is throwing big, billowing pillars of gray ash into the air, pieces of rock spraying out from the peak. More clouds burst up and over the edge, rolling down the sides of the volcano like water, seeking out the path of least resistance. Even from here, you can feel the pressure of the eruption and it really hammers home the kind of natural force you’re trying to fight. Not all that long ago, you were smack in the middle of that and it was only Pele’s efforts that kept you alive.

Another roar from the volcano snaps you back to the situation at hand and the villagers’ calls for you to follow them. Sunfire dances nervously nearby, glancing between the ash racing down the volcano and the ocean. One of the Lapras has already started swimming for the open ocean, but the other lingers behind, anxiously waiting to see what you’re going to do as the volcano belches out another wave of ash.

That being said, what do you do?

Old 08-18-2021, 07:31 AM   #50
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: Delphox’s mutterings remind you of the pendant Pele gave you when you tried to heal her and you pull it out to show the pair, hoping that it’ll make your job easier. Delphox lights up at the sight and nods. “I didn’t get a good look at whatever she gave you, so I’d assumed it was something small, but an actual sign of Pele’s favor…”

Grandmother huffs loudly, catching Delphox’s attention, and shoots it a pointed glance. Delphox ducks its head and then obligingly bats at the back of your head without any real attempt at harm. Grandmother tells you that you should have just started with that before telling Malfoy that she’s not so old that she can’t ride; there’s a perfectly good Ponyta right there, so he might as well help her up.

Unfortunately, before Malfoy gets a chance to move, the ground jerks under your feet, Blitzwind and Sunfire stumbling to stay upright and whinnying in fright. Several cries go up as priestesses and their Pokémon struggle to keep their feet further up the hill, many losing their balance and falling to their knees. Malfoy wobbles but manages to keep his feet…several inches above the ground.

The ground continues to shiver and shake for several more moments before subsiding sullenly, the priestesses shakily getting to their feet in the aftermath. They exchange frightened glances and start hurrying towards the evacuation site; clearly, now that Blitzwind has backed up your story and they’ve experienced their second earthquake in such a short time, they’re taking the situation much more seriously than they had been. Meanwhile, Delphox gently releases its Telekinetic hold on Malfoy, setting your Toxicroak back on relatively-solid ground.

Things move quickly after that. Grandmother hauls herself up onto Blitzwind’s back and then trots after the rest of the priestesses, Delphox and your group bringing up the rear in case anyone falls behind or needs help. Several of your Pokémon lend their aid when some priestess stumble or their Pokémon get into an argument, helping to chivvy the group back to the beach where the evacuation is happening.

As you rejoin the evacuation, you notice that only a few people remain, clearly waiting to see whether you had been successful. Further out to sea, you spot the Lapras ferrying villagers out to the Wailord, several of the whales calmly carrying humans on their backs. A relieved cry goes up from the people on the beach and you see Chief Kupa’alani’s shoulders slump as he sags back against the Lapras he was waiting with. The villagers hurry forward to help the priestesses to the two remaining Lapras, while the chief walks over to wrap you up in a hug. He releases you after a few moments, clapping you on the shoulders as he gives you his heartfelt gratitude. He admits he wasn’t sure you would be successful, but he is very glad you were. Grandmother calls for him to hurry up and when the chief calls back, the way he calls her grandmother, it’s definitely not a title.

You don’t get to enjoy your success for long as the ground jerks again, rolling under your feet as Pokémon and people alike cry out in fear and shock. This time, there’s a roaring coming from somewhere behind you, a constant loud noise, and you can’t help turning to look.

The volcano, Mt. Pele, is throwing big, billowing pillars of gray ash into the air, pieces of rock spraying out from the peak. More clouds burst up and over the edge, rolling down the sides of the volcano like water, seeking out the path of least resistance. Even from here, you can feel the pressure of the eruption and it really hammers home the kind of natural force you’re trying to fight. Not all that long ago, you were smack in the middle of that and it was only Pele’s efforts that kept you alive.

Another roar from the volcano snaps you back to the situation at hand and the villagers’ calls for you to follow them. Sunfire dances nervously nearby, glancing between the ash racing down the volcano and the ocean. One of the Lapras has already started swimming for the open ocean, but the other lingers behind, anxiously waiting to see what you’re going to do as the volcano belches out another wave of ash.

That being said, what do you do?

Delphox had not seen precisely what it was that Pele had given to Keith- it knew only that whatever it was was small, and was assuming it to be a sign of Pele's favor. Grandmother, on the other hand, her response was much more telling. At her prompting, Delphox whacked Keith lightly in the back of the head, before Meowth started translating for the woman. "...she's sayin' ya should'a started wit da pendant," he said amusedly.

"Evidently, yeah, and I wish I'd thought to," Keith responded, smiling as it dawned on him that this was truly what was going to get Grandmother moving. Before anything else could be said or done, though, the ground shook violently. Keith was able to keep his footing, though not without effort. Many others lost their balance and fell to the ground, and Malfoy would have been among them had it not been for Delphox's timely Telekinesis. Thankfully, this tremor had a definite upside, getting the priestesses to take the situation far more seriously. Once Delphox had set Malfoy back on the ground, the Toxicroak in turn gently set Grandmother down. He and the others were quick to jump in and help, Rubeus and Malfoy helping whenever any of the priestesses stumbled, Kyle intervening to cut any arguments short.

Shortly, they arrived at where the evacuation was taking place. Keith could see that a few people remained, but clearly had been doing so to see whether he'd been successful, considering the relieved cry they gave as one. Chief Kupa'alani in particular was immensely relieved, and made this known in no uncertain terms, language barrier be damned- Meowth didn't really need to say anything for once, for a hug was pretty universal, was it not?

"He wasn't sure if you'd be successful, but he's glad youse was," Meowth translated for Keith. "And da way he was addressin' dat Grandmother woman, I'm startin' ta tink dat was no title,"

"Huh," Keith remarked. And he couldn't say much else before the ground jerked yet again. And this time, there was a roaring sound coming from behind, one Keith couldn't help but look to see the source of, even though he had a feeling exactly what the source was. And sure enough, Mt. Pele, the volcano, was belching ash and rock into the air. It felt insane even at this distance, and Keith was struck anew by just how much effort Pele had put into keeping him alive up there. Or... was doing now? Time travel, grammar, best not thought about.

"Hey!" Meowth exclaimed, snapping Keith out of it. He turned back- the villagers were calling for him to follow, a Lapras was waiting for them, Sunfire was dancing in place anxiously, the way forward was clear as a Yanma's wing. "Da volcano's gonna blow! Let's make like a Shiftry and leave!" he declared.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Keith nodded, going for several Poké Balls. "Malfoy, Rubeus, Kyle, return now!" he added, withdrawing his Toxicroak, Stunfisk, and Heatmor. "Meowth, Sunfire, let's move!" he said to them both before heading out towards the Lapras as quickly as he could (though he'd of course stop to help Sunfire if it proved necessary). After all the effort he'd put into this evacuation, he sure as hell wasn't gonna be the one to hold any of it up now!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records