UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
Vran
Cascade Badge

PBR2? Ranch 2? Help please.

Does anybody know anything about sequels to PBR or to Pokémon Ranch? Like, is Nintendo even making them? Are they making the 3D Pokémon RPG we all want them to? Is there any news for any Pokémon games newer than Platinum?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Ranch has an upgrade for Plat only released in Japan for the moment.

As for PBR, it works with Plat but you won't get Origin Forme or Skymin. Or the Rotoms. ;-;

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
Vran
Cascade Badge

Yeah I know, that's why I asked. Thanks tho. I mean about PBR. Didn't know about Ranch, thx.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

I'm sure they're working on something but right now there isn't anything known that isn't yet released somewhere in the world. Third (fifth) mystery dungeon title came out a week back in Japan being the most recent pokemon release. E3 is coming up they'll prolly have something new there!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Maybe a legit game instead of an OMFG 3D POKEMON SIMULATOR.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 04-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Graveler

Maybe A GAME WHERE YOU ARE THE TRAINER WHILE PLAYING WII AND YOU GET TO GO TO KANTO JOHTO HOENN SINNOH ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Mystery Dungeon is cool though.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
Vran
Cascade Badge

I like Mystery Dungeon, but I'd like the next Pokémon game to be like this:

Platform: Wii
View: just like in Colosseum, where it's 3D third-person and you're looking down on them
Scale: just like in Colosseum where we saw Marill and Castform in Phenac City, and other Pokés in other cities, rendered to scale alongside their human trainers
Gameplay: like the handheld games

Basically, I'd like Colosseum again but I want it to be like D/P/P instead of boring, slow doubles battles with an Umbreon and an Espeon where you only get to purify token monsters. Colosseum's in-battle graphics were not very nice-looking but the RPG graphics for when you were exploring the buildings and the streets of the different towns was really very nice.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Maybe A GAME WHERE YOU ARE THE TRAINER WHILE PLAYING WII AND YOU GET TO GO TO KANTO JOHTO HOENN SINNOH ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Mystery Dungeon is cool though.
Pokemon MMO would make me a born again Pokemaniac.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
Weebos
TOO SLOW! LOL

Send a message via AIM to Weebos Send a message via MSN to Weebos
I'm still gunning for a GSC remake.
ALL THE SIGNS POINT TO YES, QUIT TEASING ME NINTENDO
Weebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
Vran
Cascade Badge

GSC is the only one to date to have two of the lands inside one game. It'd be a nice homage to the originals and a welcome treat for the fans if Nintendo decided to include all four lands in a GSC remake for the DS. I have a 4 gigabyte MicroSD card that I got off of Amazon for only $8 brand-new. If I can do that, Nintendo can fit all four lands onto one DS pak and not have to charge more than $5 extra.

And tell me: wouldn't you gladly spend $40 for a GSC remake if it contained bullet train routes to not one but three other lands? For an in-game total of 32 gym leaders?

Maybe they could actually make it fun for once to level your team up to 100. Level 100 Elite 4 in Kanto, anyone? Assuming they save the best for last, of course. ;)
Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Graveler

Yes, but my parents, yet again, would question why it is any different than any other Pokemon game and refuse to listen to me why it is different.

Being Indian is tough, but it pays off sometimes. Just not when regarding games.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:49 AM   #12
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Nintendo won't do anything like that until they get more of a grasp on the potential success of their pay-for-play Wifi. They'd love to get the subscription dollars, but they don't want to price out the little kids who have to ask mommy and daddy for $10 a month for online Pokemon.

I think they haven't done a full regular Pokémon game for any of the bigger consoles because if they did, the immense handheld base might drop. It can be similar, but not a full world without payperplay.
Muyotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #13
Vran
Cascade Badge

The problem with your 3D game theory is that it isn't based on any actual evidence. But neither is mine or any of the others. That's the problem: because Nintendo has never made a single fully-fledged 3D RPG of Pokémon for the N64, GameCube, or Wii, we can only guess about possible reasons why they've not done it and whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. If your argument is the same thing that Nintendo's thinktanks have been telling their bosses, though, then I'd like to give 'em a good kick in the pants! Take a risk! You've certainly got the cash blanket to catch your fall if it fails today, but in a few years' time the same may not be true anymore, so now's the best time for Nintendo to experiment with risks like this. If it fails, it's like Homer Simpson's water-logged BBQ piggy: "still good." ;) But if it succeeds, then it's like the Nintendo Wii at launch: "IT PRINTS MONEY!"

Quote:
Yes, but my parents, yet again, would question why it is any different than any other Pokemon game and refuse to listen to me why it is different.
Do they believe the same thing about computers? automobiles? housing appliances? How did you get a Nintendo DS if you already owned older video game handhelds? Or was the DS your first and now you'll never ever get another handheld from them? :o

Last edited by Vran; 04-29-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Vran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #14
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>Do they believe the same thing about computers? automobiles? housing appliances? How did you get a Nintendo DS if you already owned older video game handhelds? Or was the DS your first and now you'll never ever get another handheld from them? :o

When it all says the word "Pokemon" on it, most adults/people who don't understand it are inclined to think it's a repackaging of the same old game and to wonder why you would want it.

In some sense, this is true, even if Pokemon fans see more value in it.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 04-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #15
Vran
Cascade Badge

Ford : Mustang :: Nintendo : Pokémon

There are many different kinds of Mustang. There are many different kinds of Pokémon games. Okay, maybe not many, but still!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:20 PM   #16
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>There are many different kinds of Mustang. There are many different kinds of Pokémon games. Okay, maybe not many, but still!

Convince non-fans of that and you have won one of the longest-fought battles of distraught Pokemon fans.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 AM   #17
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

I also doubt that T-dos' parents are going to buy him several kinds of Mustang. :P

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #18
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Well put. And, like a Pokémon game, just because a mustang has a few added features next year doesn't mean that it's really a particularly different car. Consider Platinum a Mustang with power windows. Sure, it would be nice to have, but you don't really need to buy a new car just for that.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
Vran
Cascade Badge

And I didn't.

But when we compare across generations, it's like comparing Mustangs across decades. Most drivers in most states have to get a new car after 10 or so years. The old one dies, like Silver and Gold's batteries, or the old one just isn't fuel-efficient anymore, like RSE if you want to play your neighborhood friends who are now all too addicted to the ease and comfort of the GTS battles from home to come over to your house and link up GBAs.

Emerald's like a '97 Mustang with power steering, anti-lock brakes, 6-disc CD player, and 80,000 miles to it. Pearl's the '04 car and Platinum's the '09. You'd settle for a 5-year old car, but a 10-year old one with more than 50,000 miles on it? Not unless it's selling for under $5000.

And yet Target and Wal-Mart still claim that Fire Red, Leaf Green, and even Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are worth $30 to $40.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Graveler

>Do they believe the same thing about computers? automobiles? housing appliances? How did you get a Nintendo DS if you already owned older video game handhelds? Or was the DS your first and now you'll never ever get another handheld from them? :o

I had a Gameboy SP, then I waited for a year after D/P came out and finally convinced my parents to get a DS, which was already in the market for a few years.

It's not as if I'm never going to get one, I'm just going to get it waaaaaaay after everyone else. And once I do get it, everyone else has the newer version
Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #21
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshsBabyLapras View Post
I also doubt that T-dos' parents are going to buy him several kinds of Mustang. :P
Yeah, they'll buy him a couple of ferrari's instead.

Bu-dum-*tish*
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #22
Vran
Cascade Badge

Quote:
I had a Gameboy SP, then I waited for a year after D/P came out and finally convinced my parents to get a DS.
Ouch.

But look at the bright side: at least you don't have to worry about your parents ever allowing you to behave so stupidly as to win this auction. Yes, that's correct: whoever bid $31 for this Eon Ticket -- not to mention the shipping and the insurance fees! -- spent more on this one Pokémon than the game itself. Think about what that says: a Soul Dew is worth $31 to this person.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #23
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

It goes even further than that. It also means that it was worth buying an e-reader for this person, which is much, much scarier. I've got an Eon ticket laying around the house here, but never bought an e-reader, just mooched off my more die-hard Nintendofag friends.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:10 AM   #24
Vran
Cascade Badge

Might not they also intend to do the same? You can't just assume that buying an Eon Ticket means you're buying an e-card reader. What if they already own one or have a friend who does? That was my plan: if I could find a ticket for what I consider to be a fair price, I was going to try to get one and use my friend's e-card reader.

My motivation was a desire to have access to Soul Dew in the third-generation games. I wanted to be able to use a Soul Dew Latios or Latias to help out with Pokémon Colosseum to get my friend a legitimate Ho-oh. And I didn't want to have to purchase hacking equipment for the GameBoy Advance just to do it. I still won't: instead, I'll just have to put up with Mt. Battle on my own.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #25
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I make the assumption that I know a lot more Poképeople IRL than most anyone else. Particularly at my age xd

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON