UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 09-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #26
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
See for a list of items that would 100% be down to the SO and the mods. If the list was public than people would 100% reroll until they got a specific item. That's not the point of this shop. It's to get rid of unwanted items and that's it.

We shouldn't need to assign rarity values to the items or create tiers. Obvious some items will be more rare than others, but people do also need to understand the risk that they might get something they don't want from the Cram, and well, you know, toss that in?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #27
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Fair enough, I just wanted to bring up that point.

I would not call the result something very close to "Cram-o-Matic" if it's going to be such a departure from for the in-game SwSh Cram-o-Matic works and it gives more of a unique spin on the concept. The point is to make it clear that what's on offer does not work like how it does in the games without having to put up a big disclaimer.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #28
Lil'twick
Insanity

I mean, it does function like how the Cram-o-matic does at a baseline value. You put up to four items in and you get something back out. Sure the behind the scenes stuff works differently, but the concept is exactly the same. I mean look at the move tutor. Its not how you get Egg Moves in the games but its still called that :p

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #29
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

There's no other Pokemon names that fit the X-o-Matic name quite as well that I can think of anyways.

Is there anything left to discuss?
Old 09-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #30
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
4) This is kind of my fault. I like mixing ideas together even if they don't entirely make sense. Thank you Yuki for creating a separate thread. I do want to say though that berries should be allowed to be recycled here if you have no interest in making Curry.

Honestly I feel that overall the base mechanics are fine with everybody, and it mostly got into specific rewards where people were starting to disagree.
Popping back in to say I agree Berries should also be applicable here, since given the current proposed system for making Curry it's still possible for people with huge stashes (such as myself) to have plenty Berries left over even after maximizing benefits.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #31
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Like I did with the Curry Cooking discussion, I’ll spend some time offering comments and questions I have regarding what has been discussed here thus far.

• If you could boil it down to one thing, what is the primary focus of creating this as a mechanic?
    Some people have items that they would consider unwanted or junk and would like to exchange them for something of equivalent or better value. Secondly, and probably more importantly, people would like to take unwanted items and use them to craft something that is desired from a sort of specific combination of ingredients.
  • What kinds of things can be gained from using this mechanic?
    For starters, I think the list of items found on Serebii is a bit unwieldy and things are weighted very differently compared to what their assumed value would be in FB. I think there’s a good chunk of the items that either have no use in FB or are so valuable that they would trivialize other parts of FB if they were to be able to be obtained here, so we would probably need to refine the list of items to something more comprehensive.

Things I think would be fair game to include: Apricorn Balls, Incenses, Evolutionary Items, Berries, Rare Candies (in small amounts), Hold Items, Type Gems

Things I think should not be included: Wishing Pieces, Fossils, Heart Scales, things that can be exchanged for large amounts of money, Bottle Caps (have no real use in FB)

Things I am unsure or on the fence about: TRs, Ability Capsules (while I’m not entirely opposed to these, I’d like for TKF and myself to integrate them into FB in a way that works before we just start giving them out)
  • What kinds of recipes can be crafted?
    Personally I’m much more of a fan of most of the items being given out randomly, though there are some combinations of ingredients that should always produce a specific result, or at the very least a narrowed down list of results. For example, Apricorns should produce the corresponding Pokeball (which is a big reason why this shop is being proposed in the first place). What kinds of items would the community like to see crafted in here other than just Apricorn Balls?

Overall I don’t have much to say from my last comment in here, but I think it’s off to a good start. I think it’ll be best if we can determine specifically what kinds of things the community would like to be able to craft (ie. What combination of items produces what result) and then we can figure out the random rewards later.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:36 PM   #32
Lil'twick
Insanity

*Brushes off the dust*

Okay, so, here's what I was thinking of basic recipes:

1 Apricorn = 1 Equivelent Ball.

This is a pretty simple one, all things considered. It would also allow you to put in up to four Apricorns to get four of the Pokeballs.

1 Shard = 1 Stone

Similar idea here, you can trade in a colored shard, with the creation of a few more so each typed stone has one, and you'd be able to get the evolutionary stone that matches the color. Put in a blue shard and you'll get a Water Stone, etc.

I feel we should also have some sort of rank up system, like, Pokeball > Great Ball > Ultra Ball and Potion > Super Potion > Hyper Potion > Max Potions. I would like to hear community thoughts on the specifics of those type of item increases. Maybe also create a recipe list for the custom balls that tend to be unavailable over the years, such as Pokeball + X item to create them. Thoguh I'd be fine with creating recipes for all of the Pokeballs, that way it an save some of the headaches.

Would appreciate some feedback on that.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #33
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Rank up system how?

Put it X amount of something, get Y upgraded version of thing? That's the only thing I can think off of the top of my head.

Any way you do it though, doesn't make too much sense for items that you can just buy from the Department Store.

I think the main items that have multiple ranks that you can't just buy are be the various herbal/natural medicines and various tiers of snack/drink items.

Could you elaborate more on what you're imagining there? I don't want to get stuck talking about the items you listed as an example.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #34
Lil'twick
Insanity

Yeah basically if you put in like, two Pokeballs you could get a Great Ball and so forth. While you can just buy it in the Department Store sure, it is an option for people who might have extras laying around and want a nicer ball.

Like maybe a 2 to 1 conversion rate per tier would be fair. A 1 to 1 ratio could very heavily undermine the Department store as you could just pay for a Pokeball and get an Ultra Ball out of it.

I thought it would be something that would be fun, and would definitely work for the herbal medicines as well.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-12-2021, 11:52 PM   #35
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Discussions seem to have stalled a little bit here, but I would like to get the ball rolling once more. For now, I want to focus less on the random aspects (exchanging an item for another random one) and begin assembling a list of specific recipes that could be used to craft various items. Please let me know your thoughts on what I have come up with as well as any additional ideas you might have:

Pokeballs:
● 1 Black Apricorn → 1 Heavy Ball
● 1 Blue Apricorn → 1 Lure Ball
● 1 Green Apricorn → 1 Friend Ball
● 1 Pink Apricorn → 1 Love Ball
● 1 Red Apricorn → 1 Level Ball
● 1 White Apricorn → 1 Fast Ball
● 1 Yellow Apricorn → 1 Moon Ball
● 2 Pokeballs → 1 Great Ball
● 2 Great Balls → 1 Ultra Ball
Evolution Stones:
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Occa Berries → 1 Fire Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Passho Berries → 1 Water Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Wacan Berries → 1 Thunder Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Rindo Berries → 1 Leaf Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Yache Berries → 1 Ice Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Charti + 2 Colbur Berries → 1 Moon Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Occa + 2 Coba Berries → 1 Sun Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Haban + 2 Payapa Berries → 1 Dawn Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Colbur + 2 Kasib Berries → 1 Dusk Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Roseli + 2 Chilan Berries → 1 Shiny Stone
Some of these are kind of random, but I tried to go with what types went best in my head. My thought process here is that I don’t want to completely undermine the value of getting items in the Dept. Store, so if people are keen on getting an evolution item sooner than having to wait several months, the cost would be valued a bit higher than the price of getting the item during its designated month.

Let me know what you guys think about these recipes and list any others you might have in mind. I think it might be best to focus on the crafting aspect of the Cram-o-matic for now and we can worry about the other facets later. Once we have the groundwork in place we can always refine the rest of the details.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:07 AM   #36
Lil'twick
Insanity

I do like all of these recipes, they're pretty basic and easy to use. I do also like that they don't hard undervalue the Department Store but gives people an option to have Stone evos be a thing throughout the year. Most of the other recipes I have in mind either undersell the department store or are too cost-inefficient for people to realistically go for. (I.e Status Clearing Berries and their Medicine Counterparts)

I feel like these are great base recipes to start with, but of course, if anyone else has more that they are interested in go they should shoot it.

Though, a potential thing we could have is 5 Type Gem -> 1 Type Boosting Held item of the corresponding type. I know some people have spare gems lying around there aren't using, and with the Price of Department Store it would match up. I know this kinda exceeds the 4 Item-limit but I do think that for special recipes like these an exception could be made.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 01-13-2021, 03:27 AM   #37
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm cool with the proposed recipes. I got a number of proposed recipes myself here;
  • 2 Potions → 1 Super Potion
  • 2 Super Potions → 1 Hyper Potion
  • 2 Hyper Potions → 1 Max Potion
  • 1 Max Potion + 1 Full Heal → 1 Full Restore
  • 1 Antidote + 1 Paralyze Heal + 1 Awakening + 1 Burn Heal + 1 Ice Heal → 1 Full Heal
  • 2 Oran Berries → 1 Berry Juice
  • 1 Great Ball + 1 Net Ball + 1 of any Apricorn → 1 Sport Ball
  • 1 Great Ball + 1 Nest Ball + 1 of any Apricorn → 1 Safari Ball
  • 4 Yummi Gummis + 1 Berry Juice → 1 Mysterious Gummi
  • 1 Mysterious Gummi + 1 Berry Juice → 1 Rare Candy
  • 1 Rare Candy + 1 Berry Juice → 1 Mysterious Gummi
  • 1 Silver Powder + 1 Metal Coat → 1 Metal Powder
  • 1 Silver Powder + 1 Quick Ball → 1 Quick Powder
  • 1 Metal Powder + 1 Quick Powder + 1 Silver Powder → 1 Stardust
  • 3 Stardusts → 1 Star Piece
  • 3 Star Pieces → 1 Comet Shard
  • 5 Poison Gems + 2 Poison Barbs + 2 Comet Shards → 1 Poisonium Z (replace Poison Gems and Poison Barbs with the type gems and type enhancing items of other types to get that type's Z-Crystal instead)
  • 5 Electric Gems + 1 Quick Ball → 1 Light Ball
  • 1 Light Ball + 1 Electrium Z → 1 Pikanium Z
  • 1 Pikanium Z + 1 TM Thunderbolt → 1 Pikashunium Z
  • 1 Rockium Z + 1 TM Stone Edge → 1 Lycanium Z
  • 1 Ghostium Z + 1 Grass Gem + 1 Ghost Gem → 1 Decidium Z
  • 1 Darkinium Z + 1 Fire Gem + 1 Dark Gem → 1 Incinium Z
  • 1 Waterium Z + 1 Water Gem + 1 Fairy Gem → 1 Primarium Z
  • 1 Fairium Z + 1 Ghost Gem + 1 Fairy Gem → 1 Mimikium Z
  • 1 of each color Apricorn + 1 Comet Shard + 1 Wishing Piece + 1 Ultra Ball → 1 Master Ball

First, the healing items- I went with a similar deal as the Poké Balls here, with two of one item being combined to make the next best one, and then the obvious Max Potion + Full Heal to make the item that's both those things combined anyway. Same deal with the specialized status healing items being combined into the Full Heal. I decided to make a simple recipe for the Berry Juice, and then use that in the Mysterious Gummi/Rare Candy conversions to make it so you could convert one into the other, but it wouldn't be as simple as just throwing in all your Gummis and getting a buttload of Candies. And then I started in on one thing I was really thinking about here- Z-Crystals. I personally would love to be able to make them here, but I know they should not be easy to get, and so I tried to make them pretty tricky and involved to try and get by introducing Stardust, Star Pieces, and Comet Shards. The example I gave is for the Poisonium Z (as one would expect of me), but as I say at the end, the recipe is easily tweakable to result in any type Z-Crystal, so if you were to throw in 5 Electric Gems, 2 Magnets, and 2 Comet Shards, you'd get an Electrium Z instead. As for the species-specific Z-Crystals, I'm gonna try and work on a more comprehensive list for them when I'm more awake, but I think just looking at what I got there should get the general gist across. And finally, my initial idea for what I'm thinking, for obvious reasons, would be the hardest recipe to achieve here- the Master Ball. One of every Apricorn, an item you need to extensively use this thing to make in the first place, an item you need to buy with Watts, and one of the pricier Poké Ball variants. And by all means, if it could stand to be even trickier, then go right ahead.

I was also trying to think of recipes for Mega Stones, but one, I couldn't really think of anything I was pleased with, and two, I'm thinking I should first see how y'all feel about the idea of being able to make Z-Crystals with this in the first place before I start thinking too much about Mega Stones on top of that- I'm in favor of it, sure, but I'm also in favor of Dunsparce and Qwilfish being the version mascots of hypothetical Let's Go Johto games, so yeah, kinda got the picture over time that not everyone agrees with me on some things lol.

Also, as a final note for now, I did not consult anything in the way of prices when cobbling this list together, I've been going totally off memory, and at time of writing, it's after 3:00 in the morning, so if some of these aren't actually as practical as they appear to an increasingly sleepy individual who's basing all of this off of what he can think of about FB off the top of his head, well... you can imagine why.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:59 AM   #38
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Some nice ideas, but there are a few I might want to push back on. Anything dealing with Mega Stones, Z Crystals, Wishing Pieces, or other Watt Shop exclusives I'm going to say are strictly out on this shop. The purpose of this shop is to exchange unwanted items for something of equal value or something random. Not the kind of shop for amassing end-game equipments. The ones involving Mysterious Gummis... I'm not even sure how available Berry Juice is, but it feels like it could be exploitable if such an item were obtained easily in a shop like this, not to mention 1 Mysterious Gummi should equal at least 5 Yummi Gummis. Otherwise, the cash items don't really have a set value in FB; their value is whatever the updater sets them at the time that they give them to you and must be defined clearly. Not to mention crafting them in a shop like this would really serve no purpose. Stuff like Sport Ball and Safari Ball are intriguing though, I think more recipes along those lines would probably be for the best. Master Ball... I can't say I see any of those appearing in FB any time soon.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 01-13-2021, 04:48 PM   #39
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Loving the recipe ideas in here, even some of the more outlandish ones are really interesting. Despite this, I've quoted below what I personally would consider to be the best selection of the recipes suggested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Pokeballs:
Evolution Stones:
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Occa Berries → 1 Fire Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Passho Berries → 1 Water Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Wacan Berries → 1 Thunder Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Rindo Berries → 1 Leaf Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 5 Yache Berries → 1 Ice Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Charti + 2 Colbur Berries → 1 Moon Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Occa + 2 Coba Berries → 1 Sun Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Haban + 2 Payapa Berries → 1 Dawn Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Colbur + 2 Kasib Berries → 1 Dusk Stone
● 1 Hard Stone + 3 Roseli + 2 Chilan Berries → 1 Shiny Stone
Quote:
Though, a potential thing we could have is 5 Type Gem -> 1 Type Boosting Held item of the corresponding type. I know some people have spare gems lying around there aren't using, and with the Price of Department Store it would match up. I know this kinda exceeds the 4 Item-limit but I do think that for special recipes like these an exception could be made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
  • 2 Potions → 1 Super Potion
  • 2 Super Potions → 1 Hyper Potion
  • 2 Hyper Potions → 1 Max Potion
  • 1 Max Potion + 1 Full Heal → 1 Full Restore
  • 1 Antidote + 1 Paralyze Heal + 1 Awakening + 1 Burn Heal + 1 Ice Heal → 1 Full Heal
  • 1 Great Ball + 1 Net Ball + 1 of any Apricorn → 1 Sport Ball
  • 1 Great Ball + 1 Nest Ball + 1 of any Apricorn → 1 Safari Ball
Don't really have a whole lot to add given that these recipes cover a fairly broad inventory of different creations. Nonetheless, I've been mulling over ideas and the only one I can think of personally from looking over the existing Department Store would be two of the assorted Apricorn Balls creating one Luxury Ball

Outside of that, perhaps something for the various Type Balls too? Maybe an Ultra Ball + Type Gem/Type-Boosting Held Item = one of those?
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #40
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
The ones involving Mysterious Gummis... I'm not even sure how available Berry Juice is, but it feels like it could be exploitable if such an item were obtained easily in a shop like this, not to mention 1 Mysterious Gummi should equal at least 5 Yummi Gummis.
Currently the only source of Berry Juice is adventures and events, though he did suggest adding it for the cost of 2 oran berries, which imo is a little low seeing as they're Ł100 each at the store. Then again, Yummi Gummis don't strike me as being all too common anyway, I think they might actually be rarer than Mysterious Gummis.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:44 AM   #41
Lil'twick
Insanity

Further Recipes:

2 Pokeballs + 1 Max Potion = 1 Heal Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Water Gem = 1 Dive Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Dark Gem = 1 Dusk Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Normal Gem = 1 Nest Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Bug Gem = 1 Net Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Quick Claw = 1 Quick Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Lagging Tail = 1 Timer Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Cleanse Tag = 1 Repeat Ball
1 Luxury Ball + 5 Energy Roots = 1 Shadow Ball

1 Lum Berry + 1 Sitrus Berry = 1 Heal Powder
1 Oran Berry + 1 Sitrus Berry = 1 Energy Powder
3 Energy Powder = 1 Energy Root
1 Energy Root + 1 Revive = 1 Revival Herb

The main purpose of these is to round out the available Pokeballs available in the shop. All but the Timer and Quick Balls are the same prices as the Dept. Store, with the Quick/Timer Balls more expensive, primarily because there aren't better components. As for Shadow Balls, I feel that we should have a readily available method to get them, since Clarity is a feature that people do use, and with Friend Balls being added this way, it feels only fair for Shadow Balls to be added. I decided on the Energy Roots since the Herbal Medicines lower bond already, so it was the perfect item for a Shadow Ball. I am also partial to the idea of 1 Luxury Ball + 1 Revival Herb, but the idea of a revival item being used doesn't feel as good.

That leads to recipes for Herbal Medicines. They currently aren't in the department store, but I feel these recipes are fair. I know that the values aren't as good as normal medicine, but I feel they shouldn't be since they do also lower bond. It's a way to make them available for flavor purposes without trying to equate their game costs.

As for the recipes proposed by MM, I am in the same boat as Gary for the Mega Stones and co. They shouldn't be available through a shop like this. I am fine with the idea of Rare Candy and Mysterious Gummi conversions, but the recipes should be a lot more skewed to prevent people from abusing the shop like this.

My proposal for changing the recipes go as follows

2 Sitrus Berries = 1 Berry Juice
5 Yummi Gummis = 1 Mysterious Gummi
2 Berry Juice + 1 Rare Candy = 1 Mysterious Gummi
2 Berry Juice + 1 Mysterious Gummi = 1 Rare Candy

This way, with current Department Store Prices, Conversion isn't cheaper than Market Price for either or (Which is about $250 at the moment while with these proposed changes conversion is about $600). This way it's available for people who need a few in a pinch but not so easy to get that it undermines both the cash for candy/gummi trades and isn't easily done in an RP reply with spare change.

I am fine with the recipes PP has proposed as well, as those custom balls are primarily flavor ones instead of being something truly special (like the Evil Team Balls). Though, of course, I'll leave the final decision to Gary for those.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-30-2021, 10:06 AM   #42
Lil'twick
Insanity

*Dusts thread*

Alright let's get this finished.

Cram-O-Shop!

Welcome to the Cram-o-Shop, Fizzytopia’s latest version of the exchange shop! Here, you can put specific items into the Cram-machine, and this machine Cramorant will give you a predetermined item based on the item put in. Though, if you are feeling a little lucky, you’d be able to put in a random assortment of items in order to get a randomized item back. Whether you have something specific in mind, or just want to throw away some items, the Cram-shop is more than here to help you out!

RECIPES:
Here is our curated list of recipes for trainers. Put in a specific set of items, and you’ll get an item in return.

Pokeballs:

2 Pokeballs + 1 Max Potion = 1 Heal Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Water Gem = 1 Dive Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Dark Gem = 1 Dusk Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Normal Gem = 1 Nest Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Bug Gem = 1 Net Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Quick Claw = 1 Quick Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Lagging Tail = 1 Timer Ball
2 Pokeballs + 1 Cleanse Tag = 1 Repeat Ball

Medicines
2 Potions → 1 Super Potion
2 Super Potions → 1 Hyper Potion
2 Hyper Potions → 1 Max Potion
1 Max Potion + 1 Full Heal → 1 Full Restore
1 Antidote + 1 Paralyze Heal + 1 Awakening + 1 Burn Heal + 1 Ice Heal → 1 Full Heal

Gacha:
If you’re here to get rid of your items, then we’ll more than happily take them off of your hands. Here, you can put in up to 4 items every week, and get a number of items equivalent to what you have put in. For trainers that do put in the full amount, there will be one guaranteed TM/TR or rare item. Due to Fizzytopian Business and Gambling Laws, we must display the rates for the chances of getting each prize tier. Also, we can not accept purchased items for the gacha specifically.

Basic Pokeballs (Normal, Great, Ultra), Medicines, and other basic items: 35%
Non-Basic Balls and Gummis: 20%
TMs/TRs: 15%
Apricorn Balls: 12% (Guaranteed if Apricorns are used)
Held Items: 8%
Evolution Items: 6%
Custom Pokeballs: 3%
Custom Items/Rare Commodities (Heart Scale, etc): 1%

Rules:
1) You are able to roll the gacha once a week. You are able to post your item trade-in from Monday, 12 AM GMT to Friday, 11:59 PM GMT. Rolls will be posted at roughly 12:30 AM GMT Saturday. Items will be able to be picked up on Monday.
2) Recipes are not subjected to the above rule and can be posted whenever. Recipes will be confirmed in the same style as the Department Store or Watt Shop
3) Please link to the items you are using to trade-in. Department Store or Watt Shop items are only allowed for Recipes at the moment.

Alright here is what I have written for the OP. Recipes here are going to be the basic preliminary ones, and future ones can be added or edited in the future. If you have any comments or feedback please let me know!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-30-2021, 10:10 AM   #43
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Looks good. Only thing I'd request to be added is 2 Berries (any kind) produces Berry Juice.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:13 AM   #44
Sneaze
Mrow?

I've said it a thousand times and will say it again, 1 for 1 trade ins defeat the point of the item being traded in even existing and the Apricorns need... basically anything as a second part of the recipe. Heck a standard Pokeball would be fine.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:14 AM   #45
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
*Dusts thread*

Alright let's get this finished.

Cram-O-Shop!

3) Please link to the items you are using to trade-in. Department Store or Watt Shop items are only allowed for Recipes at the moment.
One clarifying question about this rule: What does the phrase "Department Store or Watt Shop items" exactly mean? Does it mean:
  • Items bought in those shops
  • items that can be bought in those shops

In other words, for instance, if I pick up a TM/TR from somewhere else am I free to trade it in? Or I can't because they can be purchased in one of those shops?
Old 04-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #46
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Minor thing, old base items and trading cards eligible for the gacha? Maybe not every single item be worth a whole one of the 4 items needed but a way to offload them? (Maybe this was discussed elsewhere but didn’t see anything in this thread, I’d do a search but that’s still broken.)

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:31 AM   #47
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Looks good. Only thing I'd request to be added is 2 Berries (any kind) produces Berry Juice.
I'll agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
I've said it a thousand times and will say it again, 1 for 1 trade ins defeat the point of the item being traded in even existing and the Apricorns need... basically anything as a second part of the recipe. Heck a standard Pokeball would be fine.
I feel like Apricorns are perhaps the one acceptable exception to this because, well, that's how the games established it working- hand in an Apricorn, get a fancy Poké Ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
Minor thing, old base items and trading cards eligible for the gacha? Maybe not every single item be worth a whole one of the 4 items needed but a way to offload them? (Maybe this was discussed elsewhere but didn’t see anything in this thread, I’d do a search but that’s still broken.)
FREAKING YES PLEASE. I second this. Hell, I third, fourth, and fifth this!

Also, if I may add, I wouldn't mind seeing more Poké Ball recipes possible, especially for the likes of the Safari Ball or Sport Ball. Other than that, though, as well as the points I agreed with above, this looks pretty good to me.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:33 AM   #48
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Good catch, will add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
YEah I'm cool with adding in a Pokeball to that recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide View Post
One clarifying question about this rule: What does the phrase "Department Store or Watt Shop items" exactly mean? Does it mean:
  • Items bought in those shops
  • items that can be bought in those shops

In other words, for instance, if I pick up a TM/TR from somewhere else am I free to trade it in? Or I can't because they can be purchased in one of those shops?
It is explicitly an item bought from the Department Store or Watt Shop. If you obtain an item available there from an alternative mean (like raid rewards), then it is a 100% free game. It's more or less to prevent people from just buying a bunch of mail and recycling it to get way better items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
I see no reason at all to disallow this.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-30-2021, 11:01 AM   #49
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Yeah this looks good.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:11 AM   #50
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

I have no complaints with this or the proposed recipes

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development