UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 11-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #101
Stark
Rainbow Badge

I will be gone from November 26th to the 30th. Any questions anyone has for me during that time can be directed toward Tess or Stacey and if they cannot answer them for you, I will try to do so as soon as I return.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #102
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Just posting to say that I'll be away from the 23rd of November to the 30th of November on holiday in Egypt
Arc_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #103
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

With a close relative hospitalized with terminal-stage illness, three presentations and an exam until January, expect my updating activity to decline, as well as contributions to the Suggestions threads to stop for a while. Might occasionally post Secret Base RP segments to get my mind off matters but that should be it for now, sorry.
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:19 PM   #104
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Likely won't be able to get another batch of updates out until February 2, because of an upcoming exam on that date. I'll be around on and off to get other things done (namely battles), but I don't think I'll find time to sit down and write a full set of updates until that's over with. Feel free to reply in the meantime if you haven't yet!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #105
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I will have to delay the next batch of updates, along with any other RP posts (including trades) until after February 15. It'll be impossible to get anything done before then with my current commitments, the same going for input in the BMG Dev thread. Please don't mistake this for lack of interest, I'll resume my usual activity as soon as possible so nobody is left hanging.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #106
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

A sudden increase in workload, final wedding preparations and quite frankly, a strange lack of motivation for FB "duties" mean I won't be able to update properly in the next weeks. Sorry guys.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:26 PM   #107
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

I will be away from 1st May until 8th of May on holiday in Turkey ^-^
Old 05-25-2015, 11:26 PM   #108
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Been busy at work, won't be able to get updates in until June, in which I hope to get a few done to make up for the time not spent here
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 02:36 AM   #109
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Won't be around to update or ref until the end of the month due to work.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #110
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I won't be able to update or ref before the wedding after all. I could find time, but not the motivation to do this instead of other stuff that needs to be sorted out. There will be no further "staff" activity from me until further notice; I will be out of the country until the second week of July, and my online activity afterwards is still up in the air. To everyone waiting on me, I'm sorry but I have to prioritize - and sadly, this game isn't motivating me enough to remain a priority.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #111
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Seems I'm a married man now, what do you know? ^^ I return from my honeymoon on late Friday, and have a new home to sort out from scratch but I should find some time to get back into updating and reffing activity, especially with the recent incentives (albeit slower than before).
Old 07-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #112
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

It's been exceedingly complicated to sit down and type updates this last week, but I should be able to finally settle down and get things done for FB in the next days. I'm really sorry to keep you waiting.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #113
enchantress
Queen of the Night

Childcare centres are rife with bugs, germs, and more bugs that infect the children who then bring them home to pass around the love. Our eldest was first to get sick, followed by Arn who is a big old baby when he's ill although to be fair it is a pretty nasty virus and he was genuinely knocked out by it. Then, just when I thought I'd escaped the cursed infection I came down with it and although I'm now on the mend our bub is now very sick. I've lost count of how many times I've been puked on but, hey, it's par for the course and as our eldest is fond of saying, "Sharing is caring!" It's gone through all of us now though, so unless some other strain pops up which is highly unlikely, I'll be back in action towards the end of the week. I know I have a bunch of posts and several PMs to reply to, I've read them all, I'm just advising as to why I've not responded yet.
enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #114
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Busy days for me with advanced life support course this entire weekend and extra ER shifts because everybody's away on vacation in August. Not sure how active I'll be in the next few days, it's proving hard to sit down and type updates. Hopefully things will settle down by the end of the week.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #115
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

I will be away from 26th August until the 5th September on holiday.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #116
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Busy work schedule means update and reffing pace will probably have to slow down for now.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #117
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Work commitments are rearing their ugly head again. Likely no updates or reffings before the end of the month, unless I miraculously find an opening to sit down and type stuff for FB. Sorry to keep you waiting on both fronts :/
Old 11-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #118
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Hey guys. I think it's time I made this call, and I'm sorry to all those whom it affects.

There is no longer room in my life for the responsibilities of updating and reffing on Fizzy Bubbles. The time it consumes to do either of those is now interfering with my work and, above all, family life commitments, and I can no longer accommodate for all of them with my schedule. FB is at heart a hobby, one I used to hold above all others, but it's no longer the case nor do I want it to be. I love the game's fundamentals as I have from the start, but in its current state I can no longer consider it a routine part of my daily life.

As I've always said, if I can't commit to this fully, I won't continue to do it. I take pride in what I do and, knowing I can no longer reliably continue to update or ref for you guys, I choose to step away. Furthermore, both activities are time-consuming responsibilities that I no longer wish to take part in - I have far too many of those in my life right now, and what I lack are outlets to enjoy myself. I no longer find that enjoyment in the hours I spend typing away, so that's another sign I need to stop.

I will continue to play this game on and off, but to complete my own few remaining goals; pursuing those are the few things I still feel excited about in FB, even if I have very little room to roleplay with those hard-earned partners.

To all those this decision affects, I hope you understand and I'm sure another equally active staff member will soon take you on even better, more consistent adventures.
Please understand that I choose to prioritize other parts of my life over this game's responsibilities only because I have no way to do everything and expect to do them well.

Above all, my family doesn't deserve seeing me spend hours on end writing up stories for strangers - as they have voiced only recently. I'm perfectly aware that this might upset some of you, especially those that are left hanging, and those that will still see me log on, make trades and pick up the occasional items for my own enjoyment. But FB is a game, and one I feel I've given quite a lot to over the years. I'm proud enough of my contributions that I can walk away with a clear conscience, and I feel I've given enough of myself to others that I can afford to be a little selfish in these last few moments of my FB activity.

To those I've disappointed, I'm sorry, but I hope you had fun roleplaying along with me up to this point. If you have, then I consider my "job" here well done, but it's time to call it quits and pursue other interests and, above all, other responsibilities elsewhere. Thanks for the ride guys.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:01 AM   #119
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Hey guys. After a rocky period for the past 5 months as far as family was concerned, I seem to have found a balance between my responsibilities and my free time. As most of you noticed, despite my earlier intentions, I have continued to use FB as a hobby despite stepping away from updating; I've been doing so at a much slower pace than before and this way, it no longer conflicts with my family life or my work obligations.
I'd like to try my hand at updating again, at a pace not all of you will be happy with - my pace - but, if you're willing to put up with the wait between batches and reffings, I don't mind trying it out again to see if I can accomodate. Those of you who were used to "fast" updating might be disappointed, as that's no longer the rhythm I intend to keep up. But if you're okay with a new batch evry couple of months, that's what I'll be aiming for - I planned to step away from roleplaying entirely, but realized it's still one of my main go-to's when I have some time off. That being the case, and at least until I have kids, I see no reason not to give updates a go again, but like I said, expect only the occasional batch.
Those of you with pending Cascadia and DW adventures will be picked up again at some point, and those still around for the Summer (hah!) Shine Cup can also continue their battles. That said, I have no idea when I'll actually get to it - and the healthiest part of it is, I'm not even worried about it :P
Old 04-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #120
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Hey guys,
sorry I didn't do this sooner. While it hasn't been that long, I do want to apologise for my absence the past few weeks. With a dragged-out death in the family, some social drama and learning for exams while finishing projects, my motivation and time spent on FB has dwindled quite a lot. I was hoping to have them finished by last monday but that didn't happen either. I'm hoping to get back into updating soon the coming week but I can't make any promises. As it stands, I have half of them in need of being written and half of them in need of being re-written ;). So here's hoping on a new batch of updates in the coming week.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #121
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I'll be gone for the coming week, popping only up for the occasional post. PI updates will come afterwards.

In addition, due to the summertime and the reduced activity, I'll be waiving the cap limit I currently have on PI; others are free to make an intro post now. This is so that other members can have an adventure somewhere else, especially the newer members who haven't started one yet. You may not be picked up immediately, but I'll let you know if there's a delay.
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #122
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

I will be away from the 14th August until 28th August on holiday in Tenerife ^-^
Old 08-29-2016, 12:55 PM   #123
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

That holiday sure went fast but I'm back now ^-^
Old 09-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #124
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

No reffings or updates until near the end of the month at best, going on vacation. Got my shop posts covered, but creative writing won't be possible.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #125
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I am back from vacation. However, I'm also extremely weary of the lack of any meaningful events in this game, be it "just a slow phase" or something else more permanent. If/when I find the motivation to play again, I'll resume my updating responsibilities. As the game is right now, I'd rather be doing something else with my time. My sincerest apologies, especially after having asked you all to hurry with battle orders... I'm just tired of how things are working in this roleplay. I don't expect everyone to understand, but it is what it is - I'm not having fun anymore. Hopefully it'll change in due time, as it has before.

Last edited by MarbleZone; 09-16-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out