UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-26-2017, 07:07 PM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

This is a very valid point. In most cases I have the Pokémon's personality all planned out. I lucked out, for the most part, when it comes to zone catches- an Ekans too preoccupied by panicking due to the building about to self-destruct to show much of her personality. A Grimer heavily implied to be under hypnotic control. A Heatmor whose established personality and backstory thoroughly trumped anything else I'd have thought of for it. But yeah- being able to have that freedom to choose our Pokémon's personality and not worry about it clashing with what an updator establishes for it, I think that was a big part of the Egg House's appeal.

As for the old idea for writing something about you obtaining a Pokémon to get that Pokémon- I am very much in favor of this. Obviously, as Schala said, it'd need to be very much restricted, and have some minimum requirements, but if we do all that right, I think it could really work. Honestly, I have something all written up for a rather rare want of mine should we implement this system, and not only does it meet the length requirement for cashing in on a zone reply and then some, but it references the events of several of my Visionary Glade posts and one of my RP'd shop posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development