UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2022, 01:31 PM   #76
Lil'twick
XI - The Hermit
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Paradise Lost
Posts: 4,863
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Prof. Enigma-

Feeling you'd find nothing else along the coast, you head off towards the highlands once more. Hoping to find your query, feel this would be the best place to check. Instead, you find a brilliant colored egg. Mixtures of blacks, blues, greens, yellows, and whites are layered on the egg, signaling the coloration of a brilliant bird. Before you have more time to investigate, the Springtime Pyukumuku appears and shoves the egg into your hands as the distortion fades.

The egg then hatches within your grasp, and you hear the chirping of a bird as you look down at the Pokemon. Head like a music note, squeaking like a parrot. There was no mistaking what this was, a Chatot! Certainly a noisy fellow, but a fine addition to any team. You have hatched a male Chatot with EMs Air Cutter and Defog!

You may role-play picking up your Pokemon.
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Credit goes to Daisy~

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:38 PM   #77
Prof.Enigma
Lost time is never found
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Prof. Enigma-

Feeling you'd find nothing else along the coast, you head off towards the highlands once more. Hoping to find your query, feel this would be the best place to check. Instead, you find a brilliant colored egg. Mixtures of blacks, blues, greens, yellows, and whites are layered on the egg, signaling the coloration of a brilliant bird. Before you have more time to investigate, the Springtime Pyukumuku appears and shoves the egg into your hands as the distortion fades.

The egg then hatches within your grasp, and you hear the chirping of a bird as you look down at the Pokemon. Head like a music note, squeaking like a parrot. There was no mistaking what this was, a Chatot! Certainly a noisy fellow, but a fine addition to any team. You have hatched a male Chatot with EMs Air Cutter and Defog!

You may role-play picking up your Pokemon.
Chatot? Chatot?! Chatot! Drake held the baby bird pokemon in his arms while Wolfe sniffed the new pokemon.

Drake then laughed and settled on the name of the bird, Iago.

"lets go to your new home Iago"
__________________


FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 06:12 PM   #78
ShadowDRGN
Boulder Badge
 
ShadowDRGN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
ShadowDRGN: Trudging past the previous egg without a second thought you continue through the blasts of cold air and flurries of snow as they come, wandering around the frigid wastes with practically no direction as all you can see, with or without your goggles, is an endless expanse of white. The next egg you come across is far more easily noticed than the last, however, as your foot comes crashing into it, doing a fair bit more damage to your boot than the egg itself.

Looking down, this egg is pure brown throughout, grown in less of your standard egg shape and much more rough around the edges all over. In fact, it's hard to tell if it's even an egg at all. It is an egg, right? Maybe it's just a rock.

Do you take this egg?
Hatchley comes to a staggering halt the moment his boot slams into the egg. At first, his toes feel so utterly numb from the cold that he’s not even sure he’d feel the stub, and yet all it takes is a little pressure for his nerves to get the memo. Pain shoots up his leg, nearly making him tumble into the snow as he reflexively grasps at his boot.

Truly, if there is anyone out in the tundra besides him, they’d certainly hear his voice shouting pierce through the blizzard:

“Gah! What the hell!?”

As the teen scrambles to grab his Pokeball, his head frantically whips in every direction. Weary of the sounds he’d been hearing in the distance, the Dragon Tamer’s mind is flooded with alarming possibilities of an ambush. Has his rare starter attracted the attention of a poacher—wait, no—he’s surely being stalked by a Frosslass, who intends to toy with him before she freezes him into a display piece!

Such a hyperactive imagination leads to disappointment, of all things, when he finally spots the rocky shape nestled in the snow beneath him.

“Huh. Guess it was just a rock...” he remarks with a strained sigh. It’s a relief to know he’s not being attacked, sure, but at the same time, it was just so... so boring!

Resigned to keep wandering the tundra, Hatchley opens his coat to stow his Pokemon away, when he faintly feels Prince’s ball rocking against his gloved palm. The cooped-up Tyrunt almost seems to be pulling him toward the stone like it’s magnetic, or something.

“Huh...? Why do you want me to...? He mumbles, crouching down to inspect the object. It’s definitely a rock, and yet its shape is alluringly odd. It’s like some kind of egg rock...

“AH! THAT’S RIGHT!” the teen shouts, his body bursting with excitement as he realizes why Tyrunt has such an interest in the thing—a fossilized egg! It has to be!

Without even considering its potential weight, Hatchley scoops his hands into the snow and lifts the egg up from the base. If there’s even a remote chance this contains the dino he seeks, he has to take it!

---
Gladly taking this egg!
ShadowDRGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 11:23 PM   #79
myahoo
Soul Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
myahoo: The warping of the isle left it looking nothing like what you were used to, perhaps adding to the idea that this sudden time warp was the reason for the lack of fanfare on the potential new species to be found here. As you trek through the marshes, there doesn't seem to be much here beyond trees and mud, but after a bit you manage to spot an odd shape in the middle of a large patch of growing wheat.

The egg is simple in its design, almost extremely so, with a basic white coloration for the most part. The interesting bits were that the entire egg was covered in small markings, those of blue and red triangles...

Do you take this egg?
Melissa picked her way through the marshes, eyes peeled for the round shapes of eggs as she alternated between their surroundings and her steps. Wildfire, on the other hand, mostly remained draped over his trainer's shoulder, only idly scanning the passing scenery.

They were just passing a field of wheat when Wildfire pushed himself up to get a better look at the wheat.

Melissa paused. "Did you see something?"

He tilted his head and squinted. "I think so? Somewhere in there." He waved at the wheat and Melissa gamely turned to check it out.

It didn't take them long to find the egg, a simple white shell with blue and red triangles, sitting in the middle of the wheat.

"...that's a Togepi. Right?"

"Pretty sure." Wildfire considered the egg. "Unless you can think of any other Pokémon that might match it?"

Melissa hummed and shook her head. "Don't think anything else matches." After a moment of eyeing the egg, she sighed. "Unfortunately, I'm not interested." She turned to look at their surroundings.

"So, mountain time?" Wildfire prompted after a beat.

"I'm really tempted to try again here, since I'm pretty sure that's not exactly common, but..." She gestured at the Togepi egg and glanced restlessly around, hands on her hips.

Wildfire shrugged and laid back down. "Well, you should probably decide fast; I don't think this place is sticking around for long."

"True." Melissa sighed, dropping her arms. "Alright, we'll try again here before we had to the mountains then."

Wildfire hummed as Melissa turned to look for another egg.
__________________
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:43 AM   #80
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Dragonland
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat: After some discussion, Cy and Wurmple decide to leave the egg beside, as well as their discussion of the ethics of the Egg Hunt they've embarked on. From the safety of Cy's coat, Wurmple psychically surveys their snowy environs once again, searching for life. Though the bug-type's initial scan turns up nothing in the immediate vicinity, he becomes aware of a faint voice calling out - not into the icy air, mind you, but into Wurmple's mind. Its words are difficult to discern, but the voice's cadence and tone seems friendly - eager, even, to meet them.

Following this call leads the pair to a small cave, where a pale yellow egg with brown markings sits, protected from the cold. The voice abruptly stops the moment that they come across the egg, but given the strong aura emitting from it, there can be no doubt that the call came from the little one inside.

Will Cy take the egg, or move on? Keep in mind that this is your final decision, and the next egg will automatically hatch.
Cy heaved a sigh as Wurmple led him off the path and into a strange little cave, wherein he began to search for an egg - but he didn't need to search long. In plain sight sat the perpetrator of the mysterious mental twinge Wurmple had been describing, and its colors sparked recognition from both Trainer and Pokemon immediately.

You!Wurmple cried out as Cy took a trembling step back, grimacing. Wurmple shook his head, shocked and confused; He thought he'd had that aura memorized! He shut his eyes, focusing on Cy's thoughts and fears to drown out his own. With a furious glint in his eye, Cy made to take a step forward, but found his way blocked as Wurmple created a wall of psychic energy between them and the egg.

Cy, remain calm - or at least approximate the idea. I know what you're feeling, but it's only an egg, it isn't the one responsible for-

"I! Don't! Care!" Cy slammed his fist into Wurmple's force wall, causing cracks to spiderweb out and making Wurmple flinch.

Ow. Alright, fine, if you really must make me do this... Even with his eyes closed, the flash of blue light from them illuminated the cave as he lifted Cy straight off his feet and yanked him out of the cave, floating off Cy's shoulder before tossing his Trainer into the snow. I will not let you harm an innocent child for the sake of some misguided revenge!

Cy glared at his Starter from the ground, wiping snow from his face. "I wouldn't've, I just..."

I can read your thoughts, dear Trainer. Any decision you made in that moment, you would regret. Wurmple said evenly.

"I just saw red, OK? Those fuckers are the reason we're in this mess! They hurt you!"

Wurmple observed his Trainer for a long, quiet moment. The Abra we encountered all those years ago was not the one who punched my energy wall just now.

Cy opened his mouth, then shut it. He stood up, brushed the snow off himself, and stuck his hands in his pockets. "...Sorry."

Wurmple's gaze was unblinking. I know. He replied simply, floating back onto Cy's shoulder. I think I'll allow you to do the searching for a while. I overextended back there, and I fear it's catching up to me... He curled into the warmest corner of Cy's coat collar, falling asleep almost instantly. Staring out at the warped landscape, watching the snowstorm worsen, Cy was still for a while. Eventually, he held out a hand to catch a few whirling snowflakes, and snorted. "You'd think it was an Arceus-damned metaphor." He stuck his hand back in his pocket and trudged on, not feeling the freezing wind. The storm in his heart was much worse, after all.


We'll, ah, not be taking this egg.
__________________
Dracen, Dragon Trainer

Cy, Bug Trainer


FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:01 PM   #81
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
CyberBlastoise: Though it had been Bill's intent to investigate various ruins in Fizzyland, chasing legends often led the trainer to be the subject of a chase himself. Though the boat to Hisui promised the long-awaited, uninterrupted self-tour of impressive ancient ruins that Bill so eagerly sought, many of his fellow passengers were not trainers, and even showed a particular wariness towards Pokémon. With nowhere to run on the open ocean when aboard a sailing vessel, Bill keeps his true occupation a secret... Though a powerful storm sends both the boat - and Bill's plan to maintain secrecy - to complete ruin. Fortunately, though, even the most Pokémon-averse among the passengers are willing to accept the help of Bill's water types. Based on the scattered wrecks along the coast, in various stages of wear and decay, this was certainly not the first ship to run aground here, and likely not the last...

With the shipwrecked passengers all accounted for, Bill decides to explore what appears to be a market near the coastline. One of the stalls in particular captures Bill's attention - long abandoned, the stall had been partially enveloped in creeping vines, which now threatened to take over the stall entirely. At the corner of where there used to be a wooden counter, the vines seemed be serving as a makeshift nest of sorts. These vegetal wrappings almost completely conceal the treasure they guard, but Bill can see a bit of black shell peering out from beneath the vines. No doubt about it... There was an egg comfortably hiding in there.

Will Bill take the egg, or move on?


---

[/color]
Bill ended up finding the egg at the vines. The grassy area covered it all around which intrigued him. However, as much as he'd like to keep the egg, he looked around and saw just how much cool areas were around. Whatever this place is was far more interesting. He ended up placing the egg back and forgetting about it altogether.

"Hey Silver look at this place. It's a mixture of familiar and new. Let's explore some more. If I remember the layout of Fizzytopia this way should be the Sea Waterfall." Bill pointed in a direction that follows the beach-like area.

"Squirt! Squirtle!" The water type Pokemon exclaimed, it led the way. The duo started to hike that way until.....
...the two ended up in a frozen Tundra. Even the waterfall itself frozen over. This fascinated the trainer. Perhaps here would be a cool area to explore, pun intended. He decided to scale the waterfall itself perhaps he could find what it was that caused it to freeze over like this. Or perhaps he'd find something more.

The Water type Pokemon also started to keep a close eye out for any sort of threats nearby. Albeit he, unlike his trainer, is not a good climber, so more often than not he would nearly lose footing and fall. Thankfully he never had yet but as the duo climbed higher and higher it became a real possibility.

"You doing okay, Silvs?" The trainer said a concerned tone in his voice. The Squirtle nodded its head and gave a quick thumbs up. Though it quickly put its arm on the cliff side, obvious in a panic
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL

Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 04-26-2022 at 05:09 PM.
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:07 PM   #82
Connor
Pondering
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 9,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Connor: Connie and Victory trek up the Celestica Mountain trail with a sense of reverence - even a slight melancholy - for the land around them. By all rights, Hisui should have been claimed by the relentless passage of time, but for this brief moment, the pair would be able to experience its wonders. The preciousness of this gift was not lost on Connie, who takes a deeply mindful approach to her exploration. She keeps herself rooted to the moment, that she may remember every sensation as it happened, even once the paths through this land were once again nothing more than passages in a History book. Now, Hisui would be more than that - it would live again, for at least as long as she lived, through her memory.

As the pair make their ascent, Connie notices what appears to be some kind of egg-shaped wooden toy, nestled in a small bed of grass. Though it appears man-made at first glance, there is something... oddly lifelike about it, and the grass it sits upon is looking more and more like a makeshift nest. Perhaps this was more than just a toy...

Will Connie take the egg, or move on?


Despite the awe of her surroundings, upon seeing the egg before her, Connie is immediately ripped from the present. Floods of nostalgia crash over her as she reminiscences, smells and sounds assailing her as her childhood - at least, some of the truly happy moments - dominate the forefront of her mind. Learning to be a trainer under the grip of her family had for the most part been a struggle, but from as young as she could recall her grandmother had secretly assisted in her training despite her ostracisation. A memento of this, a small hand carved wooden Poke Ball, still remained within her possession; now little more than a battered and timeworn keepsake, it was none the less incredibly precious to the young trainer. A sudden gust of wind brings her back to her senses, a small knowing grin on the face of Victory. Rolling her eyes at the Clefable with a wry smile, Connie bends down to cradle the small egg, her decision having already been fast made.

Connie took the egg!
__________________
FB
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:34 PM   #83
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Somewhere.
Posts: 3,303
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Ironthunder: It seems that Springtide Isle continues to punish Kerry's choice of footwear, as her feet begin to feel the arctic chill of the snowy landscape she and her cousin now explore. Though the girls enjoyed a moment of mirth and merriment with an impromptu throwing of snowballs for their Pokémon to intercept, it was clear to them both that the lands around them were becoming increasingly unstable with growing rifts and more frequent distortions; time was running out.

Searching through fields of snow for a suitable egg, the pair suddenly hear a strange noise directly behind them - a shivering, chattering "P-p-p-pyuuuuu..." Though turning around does not reveal the identity of the voice behind them, it does seem as though someone had been digging in the snow while their backs were turned, revealing a small, light brown egg with dark brown stripes across it. The moment Kerry & Liawe catch sight of the unearthed egg, the shell shatters down the middle with an impressive crack, revealing a pig-like snout, sniffing about for new friends. The little, shaggy porcine creature doesn't have far to search, though, and stops at Kerry & Liawe's feet, looking up expectantly.

A particularly large rift tears open behind the newborn, with an eager "Pyupyu~" calling from the other side. Looks like it's time to go... But at least Kerry & Liawe won't be leaving without a new friend!

You have hatched a male Swinub with EM Take Down!

You may reply with an RP post to pick up your Pokemon.
The freezing winds and shin-deep snow was proving a problem for Kerry, whose footwear by now was starting to disintegrate around her feet. Scyther had been recalled already, and only Caeda remained with Liawe and Kerry, the trio trudging through the distorted lands in search of an egg. Their search was mildly in vain however, as an egg "found" them.

Hearing a "pyu, pyu~~" from behind them, the two girls turned to find an egg uncovered besides their footprints, causing a swift backtrack as they found the egg to be hatching immediately. A small pink nose emerged from the brown form, snuffling happily at the feet of the two girls, as the newly-hatched Swinub stretched its little legs and tested its nose out for the first time. But joy turned to panic as the distortion collapsed in rapidly, sending the girls stumbling down, Caeda being hurriedly recalled and Kerry bundling the Swinub into her arms. With the distortion faded, the two girls stood shakily, taking their bearings before walking off, with Kerry still cradling the newborn Swinub in her arms as she grinned to herself, only to lose the grin moments later when she stubbed an exposed toe on a rock. It looked like a trip to town was in order, if only to replace the now-dessicated remains of Kerry's footwear, which had unfortunately mostly not survived a trip through mire and snow. Sighing, she carefully jogged forwards to catch up with Liawe, who was chuckling to herself at her fellow trainer's predicament while comfortable and dry in her wellies. Sometimes, it pays to read the brochure.


Picking up the Swinub in a Pokeball. Thanks for the event, folks!
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:17 PM   #84
Marion Ette
The Dark Moon
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,542
On an island in the sun...

CyberBlastoise: Leaving the vine-covered egg for another passerby to pick up, Bill and Silver decide to take the opportunity to continue exploring. Maybe it was simply a result of the colder climate they find themselves in, but the pair feel a peculiar chill down their spines... No, this was more than just the effects of the temperature. Unable to shake the feeling that something is following them, they turn around to confront their pursuer, only for there to be no one behind them... Well, except for a mysterious egg, somehow sitting so close to Bill that it's practically resting on his heels. A deep, purple egg with ruby spots...

Will Bill take the egg, or will he move on? Keep in mind that this is your final decision, and the next egg will automatically hatch.


---

Connor: The moment Connie discovers the charming wooden egg, a wave of nostalgia washes over her. She cannot help but reminisce about the happy memories of her childhood, including the special hand-carved Pokéball she had received as a gift from her beloved grandmother. With these memories held fast in her heart, Connie makes the decision to claim the small egg that inspired this walk down memory lane.

The moment the egg touches Connie's hands, she feels a brush of static - a spark of joy. The wooden exterior of the egg splinters down the middle, revealing a Pokémon which looks eerily reminiscent of the keepsake Connie had been thinking about just moments before. Of course, said Pokéball did not have eyes... And this little one seems to be looking at their new trainer with an expression that can only be described as adoration.

The journey may not have been a lengthy one, but as the Springtide Pyukumuku appears with a jolly Muku-pyuuuu~ on the scene to whisk Connie, Victory and their new friend through a distortion to the present time, one can't help but feel that it is only the beginning of something greater.

You have hatched a genderless Hisuian Voltorb!

You may reply with an RP post to pick up your Pokemon.


---

sixdragons_inatrenchcoat: Cy's powerful, visceral reaction makes it abundantly clear that the occupant of the egg was better off waiting for someone else, and it was imperative that he and Wurmple move on... Though given the increasingly warped and unstable landscape surrounding them, it was clear that the next egg would have to be the one.

With Wurmple asleep in his pocket and not much time to lose, Cy has to rely on his own vision, and though the distortions popping up around him make it increasingly difficult, he finally happens upon what appears to be an egg... Drat! Picking it up, it looks like a piece of ice that just so happens to be perfectly egg-shaped... How odd. But, wait, what was this little white spot at the bottom? A bit of snow, perhaps...?

"P-p-p-pyuuuu~" A chilly, but eager voice calls out, as a Pyukumuku with bunny ears emerges from the snow mere inches from where Cy picked up this strange, egg-shaped piece of ice. With a bit of Springtide magic, the egg shatters into a glittering pile of snow... Leaving behind its bashful little occupant, who looks up at Cy with expressive yellow eyes. Seems like there was a Pokémon hiding in all that ice, after all... Hopefully, she will inspire a slightly more positive reaction from Cy than the psychic type that preceeded her!

You have hatched a female Bergmite with EMs Barrier and Mist!

You may reply with an RP post to pick up your Pokemon.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 01:52 AM   #85
AKWillbe
Pokemon Trainer
 
AKWillbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Anchorage AK
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
With the echoes of Dialga's Gate still being felt throughout Fizzytopia, travelers have noticed strange distortions happening around the Springtime Island. The Springtime Pyukumuku has been reported to be bouncing around New Fizz City, asking any and all trainers to help it return the island to its original state. The standard local has been warped to match the areas of Ancient Sinnoh, known then as "Hisui." Perhaps, in helping out, you'll find a new friend waiting to explore the present?

Areas:



Celestica Mountain: The Temple and Volcano Path have warped together to create a towering mountain littered with ruins. The lava flows have cooled, creating large valleys between canyons with a ton of fertile growth. Ancient Ruins seemed to have warped in all around, telling the legends of Hisui through the rubble. Please reply in orangered.




Trainers may choose to explore one of the above areas for an egg. You can explore up to three times, and either opt to stay in the same area or move to a different one Each egg encounter will be surmised by one update. You may either post that you are keeping or passing on the egg in your reply. Once you are on your third exploration, you are locked into the egg that you find.


This event will last until May 1st, 11:59 PM GMT


As soon as Will landed in this strange new world, he soon learned of the seemingly unexpected event going on within the springtime isle where eggs are being found with pokemon hatching within that were previously recorded in this land's ancient past.

Will figured he would at least give the area a good looking through, because who knows, he may find another pokemon, not unlike that of Azelea. The porygon that bonded with him after showing up randomly in his home universe.
After docking his ship along the coastline, Will and his team of Researchers come out of their giant ship and board the Isle. None of the crew are too keen on taking an egg home with them, spare Will, and are much more content to help their captain catalog and record them. After all, the captain did receive a "Pokedex" shortly upon landing in this strange world and it wasn't hard to extract data from within to compile it within a new form that WIll could easily use and was familiar with.
AKWillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:31 PM   #86
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
CyberBlastoise: Leaving the vine-covered egg for another passerby to pick up, Bill and Silver decide to take the opportunity to continue exploring. Maybe it was simply a result of the colder climate they find themselves in, but the pair feel a peculiar chill down their spines... No, this was more than just the effects of the temperature. Unable to shake the feeling that something is following them, they turn around to confront their pursuer, only for there to be no one behind them... Well, except for a mysterious egg, somehow sitting so close to Bill that it's practically resting on his heels. A deep, purple egg with ruby spots...

Will Bill take the egg, or will he move on? Keep in mind that this is your final decision, and the next egg will automatically hatch.
Bill had the feeling he was not alone at all. There was a certain chill that the cold could not explain. As he traversed the mountain, he ended up looking around every time he felt it, but there was nothing there. Eventually, his eyes looked down for him to see an abandoned egg at his foot. Poor little thing was out in an area where it could be trampled on. He eventually picked up the egg and placed it out of potential harm's way. He could feel that this Pokemon wasn't meant for him and he ended up continuing wandering around.

Eventually he ended up
at a rocky craggy area. He felt in his soul this would be the last place he could explore before being forced back into his time and his old life. He ended up walking down a familiar looking trail following a nearby river. Perhaps he should take a souvenir with him to help him remember his journeys through these weird times. His Squirtle on the other hand was swimming up and down the river, happy to be out of that freezing area and in a more suitable place for him.
__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 05:45 PM   #87
Marion Ette
The Dark Moon
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,542
CyberBlastoise: Despite the eerie aura of this egg, Bill still decides that the spooky baby held within deserves to be protected, finding a safe space for it to avoid getting trampled. The moment Bill places the egg down, however, it vanishes... How odd.

The trainer and his Squirtle decide to move somewhere a little less chill-inducing, knowing that this would likely be the last location they would be able to explore, given the increasing instability of the environment around them. While Silver enjoys splashing about in the river, Bill searches for a souvenir to remind him of his travels... As he looks around, he feels a rather slimy tapping on his shoulder. It seems that mysterious followers are the theme of the day, as turning around, there doesn't seem to be anyone there... But there is, once again, an egg behind him. A jolly Pyupyupyu~ giggles from beneath the water, as Bill catches sight of something speedily swimming away, with only a pair of rabbit ears above the surface of the water to hint at the fleeing trickster. This time, the egg immediately begins to shimmy and shake at the sight of the trainer, popping open to reveal a rather excited-looking little greyish-purple slug, the same color of the egg it burst forth from, with the same green spots that formerly decorated the shell. This gooey little buddy looks eager to travel along with Bill and Silver, back to the present... and towards even more adventure!

You have hatched a male Goomy!

You may reply with an RP post to pick up your Pokémon.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:56 PM   #88
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results
 
Median Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Past the Ledge
Posts: 2,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Med-

Setting out onto the coastlands, you begin to prepare your research. You had researched Hisui, especially the professor that was there. It was time to see if the seas of time would unravel anything from the past, or at the very least give you a relic for the modern age.

Heading up the coast, you head through a craggy area. You see an ovular rock, grayish-white at the top and almost pointed. As you approach, you feel an immense warmth radiating from it, and realize it was an egg. Looking at the bottom, you see a bright red peeking out from beneath an almost curly bib of the white. Looking towards the backside of the egg, you see the bottom half is red and two black, horizontal stripes on it. Whatever this egg was, it certainly had fiery energy to it.

Do you take the egg?
All things considered, the readings on this distortion seemed almost stable. Silic figured that was to be expected considering how long it's lasted, but this almost made it seem like the Springtide Isle's current condition intended to be permanent. The thought made him wonder what was happening to the people and pokemon that were here before spacetime decided to mess with them, but at least would've maintained the place's status quo as a tourist destination when society got over its apprehension.

At least, that's how it seemed until the Land Team reported an anomalous occurrence along the crags. He ordered Rockruff to maintain a safe distance from the anomaly until he got there, but it didn't exactly take much to figure out that the Puppy Pokemon hadn't exactly obeyed. Dig marks surrounded s clearly unstable area of cackling energy, and between it and the doggo lied a colorful-looking stone that was still sparking a little. Despite the blatant insubordination, Rockruff looked quite proud of himself.

"We are going to do some obedience training later." Silic sighed and cautiously approached the prized object- and quickly realized that it was more likely to the displaced egg of a Fire Type than a mere chunk of sediment. "Oh, I see. You sought to save a life, did you?" He knew the other two had found eggs in their visits to this land, but he hadn't expected to come across any himself given the circumstances. "Might as well finish the job, then. Come along now, we're about done here anyway."

~~~

(OOC: We'll be taking this eggo)
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 07:06 PM   #89
Lil'twick
XI - The Hermit
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Paradise Lost
Posts: 4,863
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Med-

Grabbing the egg, the distortion immediately fades as you do so. You then feel the warmth of the egg as the Pokemon within it hatches. You have hatched a male Hisuian Growlithe with EMs Double Kick and Flare Blitz! With a short trip and new dog in tow, seems like this was a good way to start off the day!


You may RP picking up your mon
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Credit goes to Daisy~

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:14 PM   #90
Heather
Naga's Voice
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: somewhere gay idk
Posts: 3,245
ShadowDRGN: The bitter cold of the Alabaster Arctic has certainly gotten to you. The endless fields of white had led you on a grueling chase, causing you to rather painfully stumble upon an egg. Thinking the ovoid bundle must belong to something fossilized, you eagerly began to brush the clinging snow off of the shell, hugging it close to yourself to reintroduce some warmth to it. After only a few moments, the egg begins to wiggle in your arms. Hastily, you hold it out to give it space, as cracks appear in the surface in various places. Suddenly, an arm punches through one of those cracks. You recognize the shape of it, rough-hewn and gray as it is, and quickly place the egg back down-departed from the snow, the true gray hue of the shell is now plain to see. As you do, another arm pulls away more and more of the eggshell until a small, rotund gray body pulls itself out of the remains. A freshly-hatched Level 1 Male Geodude floats at your feet! Almost immediately after the hatchling emerges, you hear a loud rumbling noise. All around you, dark purple swirls of energy cover the sky. The landscape shifts around you, and when the swirling energy clears, you find yourself and your new hatch stood outside the old Icy Cavern of a pristine, undistorted Springtide Isle. It seems this place, this remnant of the past, has been placed back where it belongs.

(Congratulations on your hatch! You may RP picking up your Pokémon!)


Lil'twick: You can't get away from the horrid presence within that horrifying red egg fast enough. Even for someone as close to elder myths and legends as yourself, it's dread aura sets your nerves on edge-not even your mother's presence could be so terrifying. Still, you decide that your objective, whatever it may be, could only be closer to the peak of the mountain, in its snowbound reaches-though surely, no Spiritomb consisting of your predecessors awaits you here-the land is, after all, well before their time as much as yours. As you scale the rugged mountain, energy lashes across the sky, urging you to move faster. From what Leo told you, time must be running short, and you would hate to leave empty-handed. Thankfully, you were not far from the snow-covered upper reaches of the mountain when you encountered that dreadful being, and it is not long before white powder crunches beneath your feet. Equally, it is not long before you find an Egg protruding from the frigid white blanket, a strange pinkish-purple in color. However, as if sensing your approach, it immediately begins to move. Only slightly, half-buried in snow as it is, but it moves nonetheless, and as you stand over it, a sharp point suddenly bursts through the shell. At once, the sharp point begins to drag downward, as if tearing the shell apart from the inside. The moment it reaches the snow, however, it recoils with what sounds like a hiss. It seems the egg's inhabitant despises the cold. As a favor, you clear away some of the snow, leaving a small clearing of bare rock underneath the Egg. As you do, you see blue patches on either side of the Egg, and a relief on the front that resembles a tongue, if you squinted. Two points emerge from the long score previously left in the shell, tearing it in twain in one strong motion. it's inhabitant, a Level 1 Male Gligar, quickly clings to your leg, seeking the warmth of your body in contrast to its frigid surroundings. For something that so hated the cold...how did it get up here? Perhaps it was just the misfortune of being caught up in this strange distortion. Though, just as you have the thought, the energies lashing across the sky become a dark purple swirl, and the landscape begins to shift. You gather the young Gligar close to yourself, unwilling to be separated from your prize in this chaos. Still, almost as soon as it began, it ends, and you find yourself and the hatchling stood atop the altar at the old Temple. What sort of omen might that be...?

(Congratulations on your hatch! You may RP picking up your Pokemon!)


Zelphon: Having seen not one, but two abandoned Eggs in your journey, you are perplexed by the strange occurrences that surround you. While it is true that the Isle is enveloped in a peculiar distortion, surely some Pokémon must have been caught up in it as well, and not just their unborn children? Perhaps, you think, the temple must have some sort of answer for you. But, with the landscape as twisted and distorted as it is, the temple is quite a ways above you, and streaks of energy begin to loudly lash across the sky above you-it seems this peculiar event will not last for much longer, and you will need to hurry if you are to find the answers you seek. Time being of the essence, you recall your Machop and Honedge, and release Stella-those in need of celeritous aerial transport could do far worse than a Dragapult, after all. Mounting the Dragon, the pair of you quickly ascend, though you soon discover that, in the midst of this distortion, the temple you sought is an utter wreck. The once-sturdy limestone construction lays in several crumbled pieces. Though, you notice that the pieces lack the graffiti that had been inflicted during the Galarian Invasion of the area, leading you to wonder if these pieces are of the same temple you sought at all. Still, there is no time to ponder the matter, as you soon hear a scratching sound nearby. Looking for the source, you see what looks to the be the remains of some sort of offertory, almost like a bowl. Within it, a peculiar egg sits, consisting almost entirely of a pale, almost-white shade of lavender, marked only by a splotch of a much darker purple on its front, with a small, yellow oval in the center of it. Before you can more closely examine it, a clawed paw bearing that same dark-purple color suddenly punctures the shell from within, and makes a gouge down the front. You still can't quite see what's inside, but you aren't kept waiting long, as a pair of those clawed paws pull at the gouge's edges, pulling the shell apart into two pieces. The shape of the hatchling before you is familiar, but the colorations and markings do not resemble anything you know of. You consult your Pokédex, hoping to ensure you are not only imagining what lies before you. But it is very much real. The display reads: "Hisuian Sneasel, Level 1, Male. A regional variant of Sneasel thought to have gone extinct in the ancient past. Local research authorities currently cannot be notified of the discovery of a living specimen due to insufficient signal. Please attempt capture." It seems that your venture into this strange slice of the ancient past was a success, and not a moment too soon-the sky darkens as swirls of dark purple energy overtake the area, and the landscape begins to shift. Stella holds the strange hatchling close, not intending to leave it to the chaos of the fading distortion and leave your efforts fruitless. It only seems like moments later that the swirling energies clear, and you find yourself at Springtide Isle's proper, undistorted temple once again. And Stella still has a hold of the freshly hatched Hisuian Sneasel, though perhaps you ought to heed your Pokédex's advice and capture it, before it gets too upset. After all, rediscovering an extinct species in a miraculous event like this is a victory for science as well as the occult-best not let it slip your grasp!

(Congratulations on your hatch! You may RP picking up your Pokémon!)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:48 PM   #91
Marion Ette
The Dark Moon
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,542
We'll get there fast, and then we'll take it slow.

Heather: Catherine gently picks the egg up from the river's edge, inspecting it carefully. Based on the coloration of the shell, and a consult with her P★DA, the trainer comes to the conclusion that this particular egg most likely belongs to a variety of Basculin thought to be long-extinct. With time and training, such a Basculin could evolve into Basculegion - but such exciting prospects were for the future. For now, Catherine was still in the distant past, and she would have to be patient. After all, her suspicions had yet to be confirmed, and it's never a good idea to count one's Pokémon before they hatch!

Fortunately, she does not have to wait long - ripples from the river approach the trainer and her Pokémon, with a pair of bunny ears emerging from the surface like a pair of Easter periscopes. A jolly Pyukumuku face then emerges with a small spray of bubbles. Pyukukuuuu~ the Pyukumuku calls out cheerfully, and the egg seems to respond to the call, wiggling and cracking with a burst of energy.

Sure enough, Catherine had been correct in her suspicions. The baby fish that emerges from the egg seems to know that she's been sought after and wanted, and she smiles a toothy grin at her new trainer. In all the excitement, the Springtime Pyukumuku vanishes, leaving a portal behind for Catherine and her Pokémon - including her newest friend - to return to the present, and continue on their adventures!

You have hatched a female Hisuian Basculin!

You may reply with an RP post to pick up your Pokémon.


---

myahoo: Wildfire and Melissa decide to continue their search through the marshes, leaving their first discovery in its comfortable little spot for the next trainer to find. Despite the lack of landmarks and the difficulty of traversal, the promise of potentially finding more rare Pokémon eggs was too enticing to pass up. Still, the muddy terrain offers little of interest as the pair trudges on, though for a brief moment, the shadows out of the corner of Melissa's eyes seem to shift, flickering with mischief...

Turning to investigate, Melissa can see a purple egg floating by, as if carried on the wind, with a white spot on its top, and three yellow markings. The eerie little egg lands close to the trainer and her Cyndaquil, yet the egg seems to somehow float above the mire...

Will Melissa take the egg, or move on? Keep in mind that this is your final decision, and the next egg will automatically hatch.


---

AKWillbe: Will and his team of researchers begin their investigation of the infamous Springtide Isle at the base of Celestica Mountain, eager to learn more about this mysterious and enigmatic window into the ancient past. Though Will's team seems none too keen on bringing home any living relics of times long gone, Will himself has recently acquired a Pokédex, and what better opportunity to begin filling it than to take a Pokémon egg home with him?

Before the trek begins in earnest, the Captain of the Team notices something submerged in a pool of muddy water beside the anchored ship. At first, it appears to be a light-grey stone, but upon further investigation, the "stone" has a black zig-zag pattern across it, with blue markings. It also looks... slippery, on closer inspection. No doubt about it - this was a Pokémon egg, likely rolled up to shore from the ocean.

Will Will take the egg, or will Will move on? (Sorry, couldn't resist...)
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:01 PM   #92
AKWillbe
Pokemon Trainer
 
AKWillbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Anchorage AK
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post

AKWillbe: Will and his team of researchers begin their investigation of the infamous Springtide Isle at the base of Celestica Mountain, eager to learn more about this mysterious and enigmatic window into the ancient past. Though Will's team seems none too keen on bringing home any living relics of times long gone, Will himself has recently acquired a Pokédex, and what better opportunity to begin filling it than to take a Pokémon egg home with him?

Before the trek begins in earnest, the Captain of the Team notices something submerged in a pool of muddy water beside the anchored ship. At first, it appears to be a light-grey stone, but upon further investigation, the "stone" has a black zig-zag pattern across it, with blue markings. It also looks... slippery, on closer inspection. No doubt about it - this was a Pokémon egg, likely rolled up to shore from the ocean.

Will Will take the egg, or will Will move on? (Sorry, couldn't resist...)
Will congregated with his team and after scanning the mysterious egg that Will had found with the pokedex that he had obtained,
" Hmm, Barboach... say's here that its known as the Whiskers pokemon.
My my its also a small lad when it hatches, only being about a foot tall from nose to tail tip."

Will stroked his beard and pondered about this pokemon for a moment. Supposedly all pokemon are to have "Types" that make others stronger and or weaker to one another. In the dex it had said that Barboach was a "Water/Ground" type with its only real weakness being that it was 4x weak to "Grass" typed pokemon. Having a pokemon with that kind of weakness meant to keep it as far away from it as possible... Or so they say.


Will turned his pokedex, a "Kalosian" pokedex, on and tried to coax Azealia his Porygon from within.
"What do you think, little buddy?" he asked his partner.

It was hard to discern an answer from the digital pokemon as it was reluctant to show any real emotion spare the occasional food craving it seemed to get about every 12 hours. Will decided to trust his gut feeling and to pass on this egg. Surely this Pokemon was common enough that he would get another chance to obtain one later down the line with living here for as long as he planned to with his team.

Consulting the digital map once more Will decided to take his expedition further, this time within the "Crimson Delta"
AKWillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 11:51 AM   #93
Marion Ette
The Dark Moon
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,542
AKWillbe: Will reasons that adopting the inhabitant of the egg he's discovered should be avoided, based on the species typing's 4x weakness to grass. Besides, such a Pokémon was likely common enough in the future that he could find it again, if he so desired. Better to keep searching, and possibly find a Pokémon more unique to this timeline. With Azealia the Porygon hesitant to show any real emotion or provide any real insight, Will has to trust his intuition... and his gut feeling is to move on.

At first, the Crimson Delta doesn't offer much by way of research-worthy points of interest... Just a lot of mud, really. Slogging through with determination, the research team eventually stumbles across a bright spot of red, floating in a nearby swamp. Upon closer inspection, the red egg boasts a rather sizeable green spot, cinched at the center so narrowly that it almost appears to be two separate spots, rather than one. A buzzing sound can be heard from within, like the rapid flapping of wings...

Will Will take the egg, or will he move on? Keep in mind that this is your final decision, and the next egg will automatically hatch.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:58 PM   #94
Zelphon
League President
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Sniz Mobile
Posts: 2,699
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post

Zelphon: Having seen not one, but two abandoned Eggs in your journey, you are perplexed by the strange occurrences that surround you. While it is true that the Isle is enveloped in a peculiar distortion, surely some Pokémon must have been caught up in it as well, and not just their unborn children? Perhaps, you think, the temple must have some sort of answer for you. But, with the landscape as twisted and distorted as it is, the temple is quite a ways above you, and streaks of energy begin to loudly lash across the sky above you-it seems this peculiar event will not last for much longer, and you will need to hurry if you are to find the answers you seek. Time being of the essence, you recall your Machop and Honedge, and release Stella-those in need of celeritous aerial transport could do far worse than a Dragapult, after all. Mounting the Dragon, the pair of you quickly ascend, though you soon discover that, in the midst of this distortion, the temple you sought is an utter wreck. The once-sturdy limestone construction lays in several crumbled pieces. Though, you notice that the pieces lack the graffiti that had been inflicted during the Galarian Invasion of the area, leading you to wonder if these pieces are of the same temple you sought at all. Still, there is no time to ponder the matter, as you soon hear a scratching sound nearby. Looking for the source, you see what looks to the be the remains of some sort of offertory, almost like a bowl. Within it, a peculiar egg sits, consisting almost entirely of a pale, almost-white shade of lavender, marked only by a splotch of a much darker purple on its front, with a small, yellow oval in the center of it. Before you can more closely examine it, a clawed paw bearing that same dark-purple color suddenly punctures the shell from within, and makes a gouge down the front. You still can't quite see what's inside, but you aren't kept waiting long, as a pair of those clawed paws pull at the gouge's edges, pulling the shell apart into two pieces. The shape of the hatchling before you is familiar, but the colorations and markings do not resemble anything you know of. You consult your Pokédex, hoping to ensure you are not only imagining what lies before you. But it is very much real. The display reads: "Hisuian Sneasel, Level 1, Male. A regional variant of Sneasel thought to have gone extinct in the ancient past. Local research authorities currently cannot be notified of the discovery of a living specimen due to insufficient signal. Please attempt capture." It seems that your venture into this strange slice of the ancient past was a success, and not a moment too soon-the sky darkens as swirls of dark purple energy overtake the area, and the landscape begins to shift. Stella holds the strange hatchling close, not intending to leave it to the chaos of the fading distortion and leave your efforts fruitless. It only seems like moments later that the swirling energies clear, and you find yourself at Springtide Isle's proper, undistorted temple once again. And Stella still has a hold of the freshly hatched Hisuian Sneasel, though perhaps you ought to heed your Pokédex's advice and capture it, before it gets too upset. After all, rediscovering an extinct species in a miraculous event like this is a victory for science as well as the occult-best not let it slip your grasp!

(Congratulations on your hatch! You may RP picking up your Pokémon!)
"Well young one, it would seem Destiny has its eyes upon you! Given your arrival in this period, it would seem my favor is owed to you in this trying time!"

Whipping around in a dramatic display Marietta launches a x1 Shadow Ball"]Shadow Ball[/URL] quickly toward the pokemon with a final flick of her wrist giving him little time to react before the sphere of un-light bounces off their head and unleashes a sinister beam that transfers them into what would be their new home.

Landing just below Stella with a thunk the Pokeball briefly wobbles back and forth before...shooting off a firework? A last-minute distortion affecting the object is seen fading away shortly thereafter.

Perplexed Marietta goes to pick up the now seemingly normal Shadow Ball before it bursts open on its own, the now captured Sneasel performing an aerial swirl of acrobatics before falling on its face after seemingly failing "the landing".

As he gets back on his feet Marietta remarks "Hah! I see you have spirit, you shall do well here young one!
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:51 PM   #95
Lil'twick
XI - The Hermit
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Paradise Lost
Posts: 4,863
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
A Funeral for Flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Lil'twick: You can't get away from the horrid presence within that horrifying red egg fast enough. Even for someone as close to elder myths and legends as yourself, it's dread aura sets your nerves on edge-not even your mother's presence could be so terrifying. Still, you decide that your objective, whatever it may be, could only be closer to the peak of the mountain, in its snowbound reaches-though surely, no Spiritomb consisting of your predecessors awaits you here-the land is, after all, well before their time as much as yours. As you scale the rugged mountain, energy lashes across the sky, urging you to move faster. From what Leo told you, time must be running short, and you would hate to leave empty-handed. Thankfully, you were not far from the snow-covered upper reaches of the mountain when you encountered that dreadful being, and it is not long before white powder crunches beneath your feet. Equally, it is not long before you find an Egg protruding from the frigid white blanket, a strange pinkish-purple in color. However, as if sensing your approach, it immediately begins to move. Only slightly, half-buried in snow as it is, but it moves nonetheless, and as you stand over it, a sharp point suddenly bursts through the shell. At once, the sharp point begins to drag downward, as if tearing the shell apart from the inside. The moment it reaches the snow, however, it recoils with what sounds like a hiss. It seems the egg's inhabitant despises the cold. As a favor, you clear away some of the snow, leaving a small clearing of bare rock underneath the Egg. As you do, you see blue patches on either side of the Egg, and a relief on the front that resembles a tongue, if you squinted. Two points emerge from the long score previously left in the shell, tearing it in twain in one strong motion. it's inhabitant, a Level 1 Male Gligar, quickly clings to your leg, seeking the warmth of your body in contrast to its frigid surroundings. For something that so hated the cold...how did it get up here? Perhaps it was just the misfortune of being caught up in this strange distortion. Though, just as you have the thought, the energies lashing across the sky become a dark purple swirl, and the landscape begins to shift. You gather the young Gligar close to yourself, unwilling to be separated from your prize in this chaos. Still, almost as soon as it began, it ends, and you find yourself and the hatchling stood atop the altar at the old Temple. What sort of omen might that be...?

(Congratulations on your hatch! You may RP picking up your Pokemon!)
His body moved on its own, catching the flying scorpion before the surrounding chaos faded. He blinked, Pokemon in hand, atop the old temple of the Springtide Isle. No longer was he within the distortion, but the present proper. What seemed like hours was only minutes, as he was able to rapidly traverse the island due to the faulty flow of spacetime. Still, he had a new Pokemon with him. The pink scorpion-bat was more than excited by his new chance at life.

"Well, you certainly weren't a Pokemon I'd expect to find," Ethan told the Pokemon, letting it go so it could glide around.

His brow furrowed as he watched the creature. Perhaps, he needed naught more than wings to fly. Sure, he had Spencer as his way of flight. But, wings of his own. To see what may happen, if he could transcend 'mortal' limitations. For now, though, nothing more than the feet he could walk on was his.

Grabbing a Pokeball, he looked at the Gligar. He knew, deep in his heart, what this Pokemon's name was. For, he had more than enough of an idea. He looked skywards and was met with the glittering weave above. Stars shown on high, and at times they fell like rain. That resolved the name he would bestow on the Gligar, who was more than happy exploring his new world.

"Antares," he stated. The Gligar looked at him, a little in shock. "Let us be off."

The Pokemon nodded, and the trainer returned it into a Pokeball. He was alone, truly. For once, he had nothing besides him. Not Lucas. Not William. No one, but himself. He took in a deep breath and hopped off the roof of the temple. He could feel his knees buckle as he did so, but just got off and brushed himself off. His sense of pain was dull, and his body would soon regenerate to where it was fine. The curse of the Yggdrasil System within him. Unable to live, unable to die. Forced to wander... if he would not be consumed as a living battery.

Hearing shuffling in the brush, he turned his head. He saw a darkened creature fly from the bushes, almost humanoid in stature. The light of the star did not pierce their form, but a singular thing fell as they flew. Ethan watched as something floated down towards him, and he watched as a singular brown feather landed before him. He picked it up and gazed as the creature disappear over the horizon.

---

It had been two months since his foray to the Springtide Isle. Things were interesting, to say the least. Antares had more than settled into the team and was getting along with his other Pokemon. Leo seemed to be more focused on the cafe, especially after the incident involving Nibiru. The quiet involving the gyms as a whole was strange, and the gym leaders had all become more reclusive. William was a lot more distant, the Lampent hesitant on doing much of anything. Apparently, they all were invited to some grand gala a few months back... The same night he saw that figure from before.

"Ah, thank you Milanor," he stated to his Riolu, the silver-furred jackeling handing him a cup of cappuccino.

Taking a sip, he watched with an earnestness as the chaos before opening at Charity's Embrace ensued. Leo ran around like a mad man, making sure everything was in good condition as his Togetic commanded the Pokemon to their proper station. Today was special, a remembrance of sorts. Various flowers were being placed around the cafe, with Fleur the Floette taking lead. Something about the cafe being rented out for the day.

"'A Funeral of Flowers'... You'd think someone died," Ethan stated.

"Hush you! Are you going to help or just stand around?" Leo quipped back, setting down a white tablecloth.

"Nope. I need to train," he responded, taking another sip. "Antares needs formal battle training. Haven't had the time after dealing with the fallout of what William did two months back."

"What did he do anyway?" the Alolan asked while setting up, brushing off his roommate's obvious answer.

"I don't know... fully. I know the Fizzytopian Bar was burnt down, and the same night he was seen at the New Year's Gala," he sighed out, seeing a white-haired boy coming down the stairs as he said so.

"Speaking of which, you." He pointed at the humanoid ghost.

"Ugh, what do you want?" the Lampent responded, annoyed.

"It's training time. Come on, time to drag out of this place. Go grab Nyngi and Cameron and meet me out front," he tells his Pokemon. He gets a very audible groan as the boy heads back up the stairs.

"Good luck with him," Leo chuckled, a little bit of his joyous demeanor having returned. "Well, if you're going to be out and about, can you grab some ice cream on the way back?"

"Yeah sure, shoot me a text," Ethan's hand waved as he went out the front door.

As he did so, he bumped into a person trying to enter the building. A younger-looking man with chestnut brown hair, and dark brown, almost red eyes. The two of them looked at each other in the eyes, and the homunculus felt unnerved. There was something off about this person, but he couldn't exactly place his finger on it.

"Excuse me," he got a curt response from the man, who then headed inside.

He looked back through the windows and saw him chatting with Leo. A bag of coffee beans was placed on the table. There was an unworldly presence about it, but not one that he was used to. Who was he? Wait... Leo had mentioned a new coffee supplier. The brew did taste a lot better than before. Perhaps that man was the person. But, he couldn't help but feel he had seen him before.

"Hey, can you keep it in your pants?" he heard his Lampent mock him. He looked at the Pokemon, who was holding up two Pokeballs with Psychic. Most likely went out the back entrance... Or the window. The ability to switch between human and Pokemon at will was still unnerving.

"Who is that?"

"Coffee guy. The only other one I've seen staring at him like that is Custard. I just presumed the Togetic was being protective, but if you're doing it... Maybe I'll ask him. Anyways. Two idiot birds. One hungry, one horny. And no, I did not steal Oroitz away," the Lampent responded nonchalantly.

"Oroitz?"

"Ah, a friend I've met while you've been out and about. A Honchkrow. Extremely stupid, extremely horny, but also fiercely loyal. Still, you finally gonna tell me what happened on the isle?" the Pokemon asked with piqued interest.

"A lot of self-reflection, mostly, and getting Antares. Once we get flight training done today, I think I want to head out on another adventure. Should we go explore the ruins of the Thyphon's Depths, or finally go back to the Unreal Archipelago?" the man asked his Pokemon.

"Why the fu- No, never mind. Where in the Archipelago?" The Lampent cut himself off.

"The glacier... We've had enough of the ghost train for a while, wouldn't you say?" Ethan responded. "I'll be bringing Kyle along."

"Oh. I guess we can go there then... Probably best to get out again. So, let's get this show on the road!" The Lampent exclaimed seeming happy to be out of the house despite his constant protests for the past two months.

Ethan looked back at the cafe once more and noticed the coffee guy staring at him. Their eyes met, and a slight nod was given to him before the man returned his gaze to Leo. This wouldn't be the last time they would meet. Perhaps, that was who he was meant to meet on the island. He felt the taste of iron touch his tongue... and then the taste of coffee. Things were about to get a lot more interesting.


(OOC; Picking up my new Gligar and naming him Antares! Thank you both Sniz and Heather for updating me in the event)
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Credit goes to Daisy~

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:44 AM   #96
Heather
Naga's Voice
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: somewhere gay idk
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Heather: Catherine gently picks the egg up from the river's edge, inspecting it carefully. Based on the coloration of the shell, and a consult with her P★DA, the trainer comes to the conclusion that this particular egg most likely belongs to a variety of Basculin thought to be long-extinct. With time and training, such a Basculin could evolve into Basculegion - but such exciting prospects were for the future. For now, Catherine was still in the distant past, and she would have to be patient. After all, her suspicions had yet to be confirmed, and it's never a good idea to count one's Pokémon before they hatch!

Fortunately, she does not have to wait long - ripples from the river approach the trainer and her Pokémon, with a pair of bunny ears emerging from the surface like a pair of Easter periscopes. A jolly Pyukumuku face then emerges with a small spray of bubbles. Pyukukuuuu~ the Pyukumuku calls out cheerfully, and the egg seems to respond to the call, wiggling and cracking with a burst of energy.

Sure enough, Catherine had been correct in her suspicions. The baby fish that emerges from the egg seems to know that she's been sought after and wanted, and she smiles a toothy grin at her new trainer. In all the excitement, the Springtime Pyukumuku vanishes, leaving a portal behind for Catherine and her Pokémon - including her newest friend - to return to the present, and continue on their adventures!

You have hatched a female Hisuian Basculin!

You may reply with an RP post to pick up your Pokémon.
Catharine had been holding the Egg she'd found close to her chest-the hatchlings inside tended to react positively to a source of warmth, and hatch more readily when held to one. Still, however, the Egg she was holding remained inert, leading Catharine to frown. Was the Egg still too young to hatch? Hopefully not, both her and her assembled Pokémon could hear energy from the distortion lashing across the sky, and a strange sensation in the air-it seemed that the distortion would not last for too much longer. However, before Catharine's worries could be stoked too much, a small, brown figure with pink spines emerged from the river, though oddly, it was decorated with a pair of rabbit ears.

"Hello, hello! Don't be scared, little one! This human won't hurt you! I promise, in the name of the Springtime Pyukumuku!" the small Pokémon crooned, before hopping back into the river. At once, the Egg in Catharine's arms began to wiggle and shake, and she hastily set it on the grass to give it space, getting her P★DA ready to observe whatever might hatch. Cracks spiderwebbed across the shell, and it wasn't long before it all came apart, revealing precisely what Catharine had hoped it would contain.

The Basculin before her was indeed the extinct variant known to the waters of the ancient Sinnoh region-then known as Hisui. It's dorsal fins were the same rugged shape as those of the extant, territorial Red-Stripe variety, while its other fins were the same smooth, sleek shape of the Blue-Stripe. And yet, this one bore neither color, bearing instead a simple White Stripe down the lengths of its body. Even it's white eyes' shape was a curious mix of the two, being rounded like that of a Red, but in a more slim manner, like Blue. But Catharine's P★DA was hardly taking it in. Upon catching sight of this living relic of the past, it was immediately making attempts to contact local research authorities to raise an alert of the sighting. Unfortunately, due to the distortion, no signal was getting in or out of the area. The display simply read, "Basculin-White, Level 1, Female. A regional variant of Basculin thought to have gone extinct in the ancient past. Local research authorities cannot be notified of the discovery of a living specimen due to insufficient signal. Please attempt capture." Catharine switched the device off and stowed it.

"It really is just what you were looking for!" Laura said in amazement. Isabelle, for her part, simply made a pleased chime, a conveyance of happiness that even the new hatchling could understand.

"How are you going to capture it, though? Didn't you say that normal Poke Balls wouldn't work on a Pokémon thought to be extinct?" Clarisse asked.

"Not to worry, I brought just the tool for the job." Catharine said, bringing out the Rustic Poke Ball that she had procured before going in, and holding it out to the Basculin. "Would you like to come with me?" she asked it softly, even as the rumbling from overhead started to grow louder. The Basculin made a happy sound, and bopped the Poke Ball with its head. At once, it's mechanisms activated, the unique properties of the Tumblestone used to create it shrinking it to fit inside. A small firecracker ignited from a hole in the top to indicate a successful capture.

"What was that Poke Ball? It looked like a regular one, but..." Clarisse began, but just as she did so, the rumbling of the closing distortion grew even louder, and Catharine turned as she felt an imposing presence staring into her soul. Looking upstream, she saw a dark, almost illusory shadow lurking in the water. As Catharine took a single step towards it, it spoke.

"Raise well my daughter, adventurer. The duty of 'warden' now falls on your shoulders."

Before Catharine could reply, the strange shadow faded, and the energies of the distortion began to coalesce into a chaotic, dark purple swirl. The lands around Catharine and her Pokémon began to shift, and Catharine recalled her other Pokémon in a hurry, and clutched the Rustic Poke Ball in her hands as tightly as she could. Just as quickly as the chaos had begun, it was over, and Catharine had found herself stood in the Harborside Market, along with a number of other people, who seemed quite confused as to what had just happened. What an odd occurrence...but it seemed that the strange time distortion had faded, and Springtide Isle had returned to its proper state...if in a bit of disarray. At least the ferry that had brought her here hadn't gotten beached.

-----

"So, I was asking before all that craziness happened, but what is that Poke Ball you used, exactly?" Clarisse asked, once Catharine had returned to her room on the ship.

"Ah, well, it's actually the old, traditional Poke Ball model. You'd think it would be for the real hardline old-school types, like Kurt over in Johto, but it's actually a more common sight in the hands of researchers, and some Electric-type users." Catharine said. "You see, the modern Poke Ball stores Pokemon via data conversion. However, in order to do that, it has to have some familiarity with the Pokémon that it's capturing to know how it's supposed to store the Pokémon, to prevent injury when the process is reversed. As a result, Poke Balls that use this mechanism, when made correctly, actually refuse to attempt capture on Pokémon that are unknown to science, or thought to be long-extinct with no discovered fossils-the results can be pretty ugly if this check is faulty in any way, I hear. But when a species is discovered, or in this case rediscovered, a captured specimen is still best for assisting researchers in creating the proper data-conversion template to supply to Poke Ball software. That's where the old model comes in. It uses Tumblestone to forcibly stimulate a Pokémon to shrink itself to physically fit inside the Ball itself. All Pokémon have this ability-it's actually the basis for the move Minimize. Also, our current data-conversion methods aren't perfect, and some Electric-types have something akin to an allergic reaction to the process, though it is quite rare. The Tumblestone method is perfectly safe for these Pokémon, though, so you'll sometimes see Electric-Type specialists with this type of Ball on their belt." Catharine explained.

"I understood...maybe about a fifth of that, but I think I get it. It's good for capturing rediscovered Pokémon, is the thing." Clarisse responded.

"Precisely! But let's not keep talking about our new teammate like she's not here." Catharine said, holding the Rustic Ball above an open fish tank in the room, and releasing the latch. Her new Basculin was quickly deposited in the water with a splash.

"Hello there! I'd like to give you a name, if that's okay?" Catharine asked the Basculin. She made no movements or sounds to object, simply staring straight ahead at Catharine. "What do you think of...Amamu?" Catharine asked. The fish Pokémon smiled, clearly satisfied. "Amamu it is! Now, we should see about getting your rediscovery properly recognized..." Catharine said, getting her P★DA back out. Now that the distortion wasn't preventing it from getting signal, it quickly brought up a list of research facilities she could report the discovery to.

"Hm. Palm would be the obvious choice, but between him specializing more in discovering variants endemic to this region and the fact that his lab is practically on the opposite coast from where we are now, I think I'll pass. What else do we-oh?" Catharine said, as a particular entry on the list got her attention:

Starmie Cryptopokology Lab.

Not only was the location much, much closer than Professor Palm's lab, Catharine had every reason to trust that such an institution would be up to the task. Cryptopokemon, sometimes called "glitch" Pokémon, for their...decidedly unique appearances, came in many bizarre forms, and stories and tales about them flew every which way, but one thing was known for sure about them: only a small portion of them could normally be perceived by human eyes. A scientist capable of even beginning to register a data-conversion method for such a creature, enough to establish a lab, was certainly capable of whipping one up for a rediscovered Pokémon, even if it wasn't their usual subject of study. Amamu would be in good hands.

"Alright then! Our itinerary is set! But until we get back in...I think I'm due for a nap. I can dig for notes for a Pokédex entry later. What a trip!" Catharine said, shutting off her P★DA and falling back on the plush bed in the cabin. Clarisse opted to curl up in the corner-inasmuch as she could with her new ten-foot frame-and settle down for a nap herself. Amamu simply watched on from the spacious tank. This strange new world she found herself in...what was it like?

(OOC: 1512 words later, geez...Claiming Amamu the Level 1 Female Basculin-White...or Hisuian Basculin...whichever you want to call it! Anyway, declaring her Ability to be Adaptability, and claiming her in the Rustic Poke Ball linked above. Thank you all for a wonderful event!)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 07:32 PM   #97
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Dragonland
Posts: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post

sixdragons_inatrenchcoat: Cy's powerful, visceral reaction makes it abundantly clear that the occupant of the egg was better off waiting for someone else, and it was imperative that he and Wurmple move on... Though given the increasingly warped and unstable landscape surrounding them, it was clear that the next egg would have to be the one.

With Wurmple asleep in his pocket and not much time to lose, Cy has to rely on his own vision, and though the distortions popping up around him make it increasingly difficult, he finally happens upon what appears to be an egg... Drat! Picking it up, it looks like a piece of ice that just so happens to be perfectly egg-shaped... How odd. But, wait, what was this little white spot at the bottom? A bit of snow, perhaps...?

"P-p-p-pyuuuu~" A chilly, but eager voice calls out, as a Pyukumuku with bunny ears emerges from the snow mere inches from where Cy picked up this strange, egg-shaped piece of ice. With a bit of Springtide magic, the egg shatters into a glittering pile of snow... Leaving behind its bashful little occupant, who looks up at Cy with expressive yellow eyes. Seems like there was a Pokémon hiding in all that ice, after all... Hopefully, she will inspire a slightly more positive reaction from Cy than the psychic type that preceeded her!

You have hatched a female Bergmite with EMs Barrier and Mist!

You may reply with an RP post to pick up your Pokemon.
triangle : )
Picking up the Bergmite! Putting her in a Moon Ball and declaring Ice Body. Thanks for the event, all!
__________________
Dracen, Dragon Trainer

Cy, Bug Trainer


FB Profile

Last edited by sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat; 05-19-2022 at 02:58 PM.
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:41 PM   #98
AKWillbe
Pokemon Trainer
 
AKWillbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Anchorage AK
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
AKWillbe: Will reasons that adopting the inhabitant of the egg he's discovered should be avoided, based on the species typing's 4x weakness to grass. Besides, such a Pokémon was likely common enough in the future that he could find it again, if he so desired. Better to keep searching, and possibly find a Pokémon more unique to this timeline. With Azealia the Porygon hesitant to show any real emotion or provide any real insight, Will has to trust his intuition... and his gut feeling is to move on.

At first, the Crimson Delta doesn't offer much by way of research-worthy points of interest... Just a lot of mud, really. Slogging through with determination, the research team eventually stumbles across a bright spot of red, floating in a nearby swamp. Upon closer inspection, the red egg boasts a rather sizeable green spot, cinched at the center so narrowly that it almost appears to be two separate spots, rather than one. A buzzing sound can be heard from within, like the rapid flapping of wings...

Will Will take the egg, or will he move on? Keep in mind that this is your final decision, and the next egg will automatically hatch.
A red egg, with two green spots that technically merged into one, because of how they were placed. An interesting egg nonetheless. According to the Pokedex tabloid he had, this egg was supposed to be a Yanma egg. A bug pokemon that's "evolution" was most fascinating. Apparently it had to grow whilst knowing the move "Ancient Power" which the move itself seemed pretty self explanatory.

But Will once more had to come to the hard conclusion. Would he take this egg and raise the pokemon within it or give it one more good go around.
"Captain, our scans are showing that all across the island the eggs are warming Rapidly" one of his crewmates told him... hmmm

Warming rapidly... So, logically whichever egg he had come across will more than likely hatch, Will also couldn't bring himself to abandon a baby that had already hatched.

Since coming to this world Will had wondered, did Azealia ever hatch from an egg. According to the Pokedex logging on this world Porygon didn't hatch from eggs but somehow were made of living breathing code. However, due to their intense studying of Azealia they found that it did not breathe, nor apparently needed to breathe. Sometimes the porygon ate, but mostly when everyone but Will were out of sight and would never do so with cameras fixed upon it. Somehow that sharp pokemon could tell when they were watching it trying to study it. Will decided to move on though, but chose to stay within the same Delta as he felt that there was one more secret egg calling out to him.
AKWillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.