UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 01-18-2020, 03:58 PM   #151
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

If I trade away a Pokémon while that Pokémon is being used in a zone, do I still get to use that Pokémon in the zone, or do I have to make up some RP excuse for why it has "mysteriously vanished" from my team?
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:35 PM   #152
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

For the sake of continuity, many members often lock their Pokemon's levels, movesets, evolutions, etc. to the time of their first appearance within a specific zone adventure, though it is often up to personal preference.

That being said, you should not RP with Pokemon that you do not presently own in real-time.

Additionally, it should be stated that you should not exceed 6 Pokemon used within a particular zone adventure, unless the updater supplies you with an opportunity/plot device (such as a PC or whatever) to switch out your active roster.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:40 AM   #153
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

How does one become an updator for the Arcane Realm? I’m interested in such a job, but I don’t know if there is any special process. After all, it is a (an?) FFA zone.

Also, are there any tips on updating that might be helpful? I would like to update to help out the community, but I’m not sure how. It seems pretty hard from the outside.
Old 02-01-2020, 03:36 AM   #154
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorchic View Post
How does one become an updator for the Arcane Realm? I’m interested in such a job, but I don’t know if there is any special process. After all, it is a (an?) FFA zone.

Also, are there any tips on updating that might be helpful? I would like to update to help out the community, but I’m not sure how. It seems pretty hard from the outside.
As a beginner I’d always encourage you to approach the ZA which is Lit in this case. Updating is a lot differing to being updated. Talk to you experienced updaters if you’re ever unsure about something, better to learn from us than assume something that is incorrect.

I’m glad to see you’re eager to update, just take your time and don’t rush things because it will serve you better in the long run.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:16 AM   #155
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Regarding the gender influence service at the Hatchery, will we be able to use that service if we have less than two breeding slots left?
Old 02-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #156
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
No.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:19 PM   #157
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Regarding the gender influence service at the Hatchery, will we be able to use that service if we have less than two breeding slots left?
Emi is correct. It takes three slots to use the Gender Influence, as stated in the rules.

Quote:
Hatchling Gender-Influencing Service
For those who are seeking a particular gender from the outcome of their incubated hatchling, the Hatchery staff offers a service to influence the egg during its thermosensitive period. The following rules apply:
1. 2 Breeding Slots may be exchanged in order to request a specific gender from the outcome of your egg. These come in addition to one already being used for the current breed, to a total of 3.
2. To exchange, simply post in the hatchery either when dropping off the parents to breed or while the egg is being incubated. You may not request this service after the egg has already been hatched.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:29 PM   #158
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Oh, wow, it’s only been me asking questions for a while.

Will be be able to Dynamax our Pokémon outside of Gym Raid Battles anytime soon? The idea of zone Power Spots seems appealing to me, if only in battle arenas and the like. Also, can we give our Secret Base a Power Spot if we want (for Trainer vs. Trainer battles)?
Old 02-20-2020, 02:58 AM   #159
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:
Oh, wow, it’s only been me asking questions for a while.

Will be be able to Dynamax our Pokémon outside of Gym Raid Battles anytime soon? The idea of zone Power Spots seems appealing to me, if only in battle arenas and the like. Also, can we give our Secret Base a Power Spot if we want (for Trainer vs. Trainer battles)?
As it stands at the moment, Power Spots are strictly for the Gyms/Raids. So, as a short answer --- no, currently you can only Dynamax inside the raid battles for the Gyms.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:50 PM   #160
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Here's one that should probably be codified sooner rather than later: given their weirdly specific natures in the main series, how well we handle the evolution methods for Galarian Farfetch'd and Yamask?

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:17 PM   #161
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
Here's one that should probably be codified sooner rather than later: given their weirdly specific natures in the main series, how well we handle the evolution methods for Galarian Farfetch'd and Yamask?
This was discussed in Discord but if i recall correctly we were going to have Gyamask be able to evolve inside the Arcane Realm after or during a fight ( not entirely sure ) Sirfetched is a bit more tricky and I'd have to leave that to the mods to asnwer that one.

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #162
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
As a thing, I'm just going to say that I'm uneasy with setting a precedent for evolutions to be locked to a specific zone. I don't think you should ever be "forced" to go to a certain zone for an evolution. Just have it as "in the vicinity of an arcane or mystical presence" and let the updators bash out their own takes on it in co-ordination with their updatees, or else just to be thrown around in a Secret Base/Visionary Glade RP or something. Evolutions should not be tied to zones.
Old 02-21-2020, 05:00 PM   #163
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Mods are discussing this at the moment. This isn’t a discussion thread.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:39 PM   #164
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
After some deliberation, we have decided that Galarian Yamask will be able to evolve into Runerigus when it has accumulated 30 Bond. Galarian Farfetch'd will evolve into Sirfetch'd when it levels up while holding the Leek (formerly Stick) item.

Some notes:
- Leek/Stick will maintain its previous effect of raising Farfetch'd, Galarian Farfetch'd, and Sirfetch'd Critical Hit Rate by 2 stages in addition to being treated as an Evolution Item.
- Like other Evolution Items, Leek will disappear upon evolution.
- Leek has now been added for sale in the Department Store.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:07 AM   #165
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

If a Pokémon is not in Generation 8 and thus uses its Generation 7 moveset as its newest moveset, is it able to learn TRs which have a TM equivalent that the Pokémon can learn?

For example, Buizel is not present in Generation 8 games as of now. However, it can learn Scald as a TM move in Generation 7, whereas in Generation 8 Scald would be a TR. So, in FB right now, can Buizel learn Scald via TR?

Last edited by Zorchic; 03-05-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:08 AM   #166
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Yeah, if a Pokemon can learn a Gen 8 TR as a natural TM in a previous generation, then it's fine.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #167
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

I heard that the Cloud Garden is currently closed. Is this true? I'm a little puzzled, since nowhere on the actual zone post does it say that new adventures can't be started.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #168
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

It's not explicitly closed, it's just that we don't have enough updaters around to allow people to start new adventures there.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:16 PM   #169
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Can Pokémon in Fizzy Bubbles have multiple non-volatile status conditions at once? For example, sleep and burn? It can happen in the TCG.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #170
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I've seen it happen before, yeah.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:36 AM   #171
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I don't think I've seen it happen before, but I guess it depends on who your updater is. As far as raid battles go, the answer is no.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #172
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Thanks. Also, can you enter the same Pokémon in two different Gym Raid Battles? I hope I'm not being annoying with all these questions.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:43 PM   #173
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Yeah, there's no restriction on Pokemon being used in multiple places at the same time
Old 04-03-2020, 02:16 AM   #174
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
If a Pokemon evolves at level 1, does it get the evolution's "-" moves?
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:22 AM   #175
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"Lv. -" is essentially a zeroth level, something all pokemon have access to by default. Since pokemon know every Level-Up move available for their species in level, that means they get the Lv. - attacks as well. Hope this helps!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles