UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #101
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Don't know; won't have access to Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection until some time tonight or tomorrow. I purchased a wireless router for my use, but I'll be hooking it up for the first time to my parents' new computer, and I don't know if I'll be ready to sign and play by tonight or not. (I have to move out of my dormitory room, forever, in the hours between 5pm and 8pm. Probably won't get home until 9pm.)

If a guy named Zschaun finds you online and asks to do stuff, though, remember that that's my irl friend who's going to Tokyo this fall for a full year of study-abroad. And I've only given him the friend codes of those who said it was okay (SI, Skrusti), so if anybody else wants Zschaun's friend code and/or is okay with him having theirs, be sure to PM me your friend code so I can forward it to him.

I am looking forward to seeing how much you can do online. It's a shame that you can't do Underground stuff on wi-fi.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #102
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

So now I can't connect to Wifi, even though it's obvious that the DS is communicating with the USB connector. Odd, since it was working fine yesterday. -_- The longest I've managed to get on for was entering the GTS... then getting a communication error. I can only hope this is temporary. EDIT: Haha, apparently Mom's downloading something and it's tying up the line (as we don't have a decent broadband connection). I'll try again tonight.

I would have loved to do Underground stuff online. As somebody who doesn't know anybody offline that plays Pokemon, there's no way I'll be getting 100 flags (do they expect us to meet that many people?) or Spiritomb.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #103
Raldath
Pokemon Trainer

so when is a good time to try to log onto the wifi network and try to play with any of you?
every time I log on no one that I put on my pal pad is on.
Raldath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #104
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

The FCs require mutual adding in order to see each other online.

As for me, I have an irregular schedule and I only now was able to connect to Wifi to check on the GTS.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:17 AM   #105
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Usually around this time Raldath.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #106
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Yes! After dillydallying for a few days, I finally tried out the E4 for a suicide run for exp and ended up winning (after many potions and revives, given that my team was Lv. 47-52 after I beat it). Empoleon did a lot of walling and OHKOed a few water- or ice-weak pokes (gooo choice specs!), Staraptor and Luxray did a lot of killing, and Abomasnow did a few suicide Wood Hammers on the odd grass-weak poke. I mostly had trouble with Milotic, but I eventually stalled the crap out of it and froze it as the final nail in its coffin.

And I don't know if it's me, but I managed to find a lot of treasure underground compared to past digs. I have more than enough fire and thunder stones, and I even landed some new fossils. I may end up raising a new Armaldo. *huggles the one with HP Bug on her Emerald*).
Old 05-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #107
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilava plush
And I don't know if it's me, but I managed to find a lot of treasure underground compared to past digs. I have more than enough fire and thunder stones, and I even landed some new fossils. I may end up raising a new Armaldo. *huggles the one with HP Bug on her Emerald*).
Probably. I've been wondering about digs myself. It doesn't make sense to me that certain areas are cordoned off permanently from the rest of the map since (so very, very often) treasure will spawn somewhere on the map that I can't get to because it's beyond an impassable wall. Could you tell me whether or not these solid walls are still there or if they now have pathways through them once you beat the E4?

Also, the only treasures I've found to date are:
- Hard Stone x2
- Soft Clay
- Water Stone x3
- Revive x5 or 6
- Heart Scale x~10
- Dinosaur Cow Fossil x5
- Forget the name (longer Sandstorm) x1
- Damp Stone (longer Rain Dance) x1
- 10 Green Shards
- 8 Red Shards
- 6 Yellow Shards
- 1 Blue Shard

I couldn't help but notice how rare certain shards seemed (Blue, for instance; and Yellow has been pretty rare, too; there have been quite a few Red and Green shards that I've found but not been able to dig out in time in addition to the ones above). I also can't help but notice how I keep finding the same fossil over and over, and not any of the other fossils people claim you can get Underground. So I figure, I ought to quit wasting time Underground for now, go fight that French gym trainer in Hearthome, and move on with the story and leveling up.

Also ... I finally got an Adamant Staravia. His attack is 55, and his level is 26. Thoughts? (The only other Level 26 Staravia I found had an attack of 44, so I'm hoping this guy's a winner.)
Old 05-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #108
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Friend Codes - compiled list of all friend codes since May 6, 2007, in order of appearance
  • Dale - 4596 5941 9341[/*1991d]
  • Skru - 4210 0470 6827[/*1991d]
  • arnold - 0043 9295 5885[/*1991d]
  • Maya - 0473 4301 4518[/*1991d]
  • Jetsers - 2449 1126 1383[/*1991d]
  • Zschaun - hmm, apparently trading profiles with him didn't give it to me -_-;[/*1991d]
  • Momoko - 5369 7007 8062[/*1991d]
  • Another Fan - 3694 6656 8732[/*1991d]
  • Jerichi - 1461 2674 9959[/*1991d]
  • Kuno - 4682 5072 7029[/*1991d]

Trainer Names match the following UPN names:
- Dale = SulcataIxlude
- Maya = quilava_plush
- Jesters = Raldath
- Momoko = Talon87
- Kuno = Holy Emperor (a.k.a. Kuno)

As a reminder, anybody who wants me to release their friend code to Zschaun, inform me; otherwise, I'll assume you want to play with UPNers only.

I'll be reposting this post maybe once every two weeks or so (if necessary). Others may feel free to do it if they think it's necessary. I'm guessing that we're going to max out on friend codes by mid-May, though, as people either give up on getting online or finally figure out how to do so.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #109
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Probably. I've been wondering about digs myself. It doesn't make sense to me that certain areas are cordoned off permanently from the rest of the map since (so very, very often) treasure will spawn somewhere on the map that I can't get to because it's beyond an impassable wall. Could you tell me whether or not these solid walls are still there or if they now have pathways through them once you beat the E4?

[...]

I also can't help but notice how I keep finding the same fossil over and over, and not any of the other fossils people claim you can get Underground..)
You have to dig in different areas to get to different parts of the map, though which I don't know (aside from Canalave leading to the bottom-right portion) because the map on GameFAQs here lists the Japanese names. :|

As for the fossils, the Kanto and Hoenn ones are found after the E4 and once you get the National Dex. I don't know if any are version exclusive (I got Old Amber, Helix Fossil, and a few Claw Fossils), though either I've been really lucky or I've been striking a lot of treasure that's not spheres ever since beating the E4.

Anyhow, I just now got my first shiny ever since Crystal* via PokeRadar, a male Ponyta. :D He has a bold nature, but I might attempt to train him anyways.

*Unless you want to count a Swablu I got on a Emerald ROM, but it's not an actual cartridge! D:
Old 05-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #110
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

I am training my jolly female skorupi! She has 125 speed ev, and 6 hp ev so far (killing starlys is kinda boring, but will be worth it soon.) After I max speed, I'll max her defense, and then evolve her and abuse crit hax!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #111
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I went on to the Pokemon World Trade Center this evening after getting my router set up, getting my Friend Code, and hanging out with my cat outside for a bit. And oh my God! IT KICKS SO MUCH ASS!

Pros
  • I was able to trade one of my many Shieldons for a Cranidos[/*4006a]
  • I was able to trade my Jolly Misdreavus (not the one I'm raising) for a Chimchar (wrong personality, but still! Got the species!)[/*4006a]
  • You can get Japanese creatures [/*4006a]
  • Really easy way to inflate the number of Trainer I.D.s in your PC for the PokéLottery[/*4006a]
Cons
  • You can't see all possible entries that fit your description -- just the first 5 to 7. :x [/*4006a]
  • WAAAAAAAAAAY too many snot-nosed children in Japan and the United States are putting up easy monsters (like Buneary or Pikachu) and saying, "I want a Level 100 Palkia in return :3". F*** YOU. -_-; And the problem is (see above bullet) they waste precious slots on the search feature. I don't have time to waste on these losers, yet, it's out of my control.[/*4006a]
  • First come, first serve means that you can't elect to trade for the best offer[/*4006a]
  • You can't see the stats, nature, etc. of the creature, just the species, gender, and shininess[/*4006a]
Old 05-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #112
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Wow. o_o;; I must really be slow. I'm just now heading to Snowpoint City to check out the lake where (Talon hehe) went. And I almost have 50 hours played.

Current Team:

Egg (Riolu, who I will train to be a part of my team.)

Roserade @ LVL 37. (Natural Cure)
Hardy Nature

Moves:
Toxic Spikes
Magical Leaf
Giga Drain
Stun Spore

Strapator @ LVL 37 (Intimidate)
Lonely Nature

Moves:
Aerial Ace
Defog (Was Double Team. Stupid effing HMs.)
Close Combat
Fly

Luxray @ LVL 36 (Intimidate)
Adamant Nature

Moves:
Crunch
Spark
Charge
Strength

Bronzong @ LVL 36 (Levitate)
Sassy Nature

Moves:
Rock Smash (hate HMs. Hate.)
Hypnosis
Extrasensory
Confuse Ray

Empoleon @ LVL 41 (Torrent duh)
Bold Nature

Moves:
Ice Beam
Metal Claw
Brine
Surf

~~~~~
Woo.

About Digging:

I seem to always get random crap, mostly spheres (which annoy me to no end). However, I've gotten two fossils for Pearl's Fossil Poke, one of which went to QP, the other is sitting in my inventory. I've found a few stones, and a BUNCH of shards. It's just random. Also, you should be able to use your bike to get around down there. >.>

About GTS:

Meh, the two times I've gone on there, I've ONLY gotten the stupid trades. "lolz u want traed turtwig? lolz give me lvl 100 turtwig in returns lolololol" -_-;

And I now, once again, complain about the lack of WIFI UNDERGROUND. Trying to find someone who also has the game is bull, since I don't KNOW anyone near me who has it. *shakes fist at Nintendo*
Old 05-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #113
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

I <3 GTS so long as I'm the one putting up an offer. Just today I got a Chimchar for one of the Chikoritas I bred in Emerald, thus completing my Sinnoh starter set, and in the past I've gotten plenty more good deals including pain in the ass Safari Zone Pokemon (Skorupi, Croagunk) and some nifty Japanese pokes which I'll breed since their lettering changes to English when they evolve. I just wish I could search for Pokemon I haven't seen so I could get the Kanto and Hoenn starters I don't have (Mudkip, Treecko, Squirtle, Bulbasaur).

I read on GameFAQs that the Japanese like collecting English Pokemon- which kinda works out on my end, as I find the Pokemon with Japanese characters nifty.

Edit: Searching for Pokemon with the GBA cartridge inserted is pretty much fruitless for me (even with the radar >_>). Might as well just import a Growlithe at this rate.
Edit2: Okay, so it's not a Growlithe, but an Elekid w/ Electrizer is fine too. I guess after some breeding for a decent nature I'll have the resources to raise an Electivire!
Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 AM   #114
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Anyone want any baby gible? I have a gillion of them. :P
Old 05-07-2007, 12:57 AM   #115

Woot, got this game friday and it kicks ass.

Haven't gotten to the first gym yet, but I have a Modest Roselia, a Jolly Monferno, and an Adamant Staravia. I had to give in on a decent ived Jolly because resetting for starter takes so much fucking time. Fucking Cutscene. ._.''

Talon, that Staravia has an Attack IV of 24-26. BTW, its impossible to have a level 26 Adamant Staravia with 44 Attack stat. I dunno, my equation might be wrong, but thats what I came up with. o.o;;
Old 05-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #116
Arnold
Just call me sir

Managed to get to Cynthia in the E4 with my level 50 team and my 46 steelix (whos jsut a filler but lasted againt the bu guys scorpian thing)

then her damned Lucario earthquaked my Luxray and then my Terrator ;-; Was just abotu to revive one of my pokes as well but noooooo I had to go and attack becasue I thought i'd survive another atatck >> pffft

GTYS does indeed Rock, gotta love the japanes for wanting english named pokemon, magikarp for the starters is an awsoem deal, shame I got a male chimchar, did get a female Piplup though.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #117
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Ack! Watch the spoilers! @_@ (Even though Cynthia's identity's as obvious as Steven Stone's ...... but still! :P)

Skru, if you're at Snowpoint, then you can go back to Canalave and find the Move Deleter in one of the houses there and have him delete Rock Smash from your Bronzong. That is, if you like him and want to use him seriously. For my HM whores, I have Bibarel (Rock Smash / Surf / Cut / Strength) and Staravia (Fly / Defog). Sort of wondering what I'm going to do once I decide I want to seriously raise my Adamant Staravia (who I'm not sure I'll want to have Fly on -_-; ) and when I'll need to start using Rock Climb. Hmm .......

I just got to Snowpoint myself last night. Arduous @_@. I ran past every single trainer I could see and timed it just right so they wouldn't fight me. In the end, I only had to fight the 3 or so trainers that are unavoidable. I plan to go back through there later today with Pokemon who could use the EV + Experience ... except ... it seems like a lot of it is crap effort for my Onix (who needs Att effort badly) and my Misdreavus (who's handsomely doing well with her SpAtt, SpDef, and Speed effort ... magical secret recipe! :P ;)).

Hmm ... I want to say more, but realize I can't less I commit the same crime I'm whining to Arnold about. -_-; Sorry, Arnold. -_-;

EDIT: By the way, I've figured something out about the GTS. It seems like most of the sweet deals get picked up pretty quickly, and it also seems like older deals get seniority over newer ones for showing up. The consequence of which is, a lot of the Japanese snot-year-olds who have put up popular monsters for trade and asked for retarded rewards (like a Chimchar for a Palkia) have been shot down by people yet left their trades up. Maybe they forgot about the game? Maybe they're seriously hoping some day somebody will trade them a Palkia for a Chimchar? I dunno. All I do know is, they're clogging the system, and Nintendo needs to reset the trades every 48 hours instead of what looks like every week or month or whatever they've got going on.

'Cause I've never had to wait longer than an hour for a trade to work. In real-time, I've seen them go in under 10 minutes twice. Pretty nice turn-around. Or maybe I'm just a generous soul, offering my Shieldons for Mime Jr.'s and stuff.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #118
Talon87
時の彼方へ

One doubles battle away from the fight atop the summit of Mt. Coronet. (Seven badges into the game)
  • Torterra - Level 62 (messed-up EV)[/*5d0c2]
  • Misdreavus - Level 43 (proper EV? a little questionable, but I like my strategy)[/*5d0c2]
  • Onix - Level 40 (I screwed up ... he has 82 for his HP @_@ ... his speed is higher than that, another accident)[/*5d0c2]
  • Bibarel - HM whore (Surf, Cut, Rock Smash, and soon to have Waterfall)[/*5d0c2]
  • Staravia - HM whore (Fly, Defog)[/*5d0c2]
  • Machoke - HM whore (Rock Climb, Strength)[/*5d0c2]
So basically ... I have one Pokemon which might be usable for online fights. And, I have a sickeningly overpowered Torterra who's ready to clean up the Elite 4. I really don't know what you're all complaining about, but the way I see it, by the time I get to the E4, my Torterra's going to be at Level 72. And he's going to have his sickeningly high Attack (who knows what it will be by then) and his well-over-200 HP (currently 214). I don't foresee much of a problem with beating the E4 on my first try. Not unless they throw Sneasel after Sneasel after Sneasel at me.
==================================================
Interesting plot. (Would say more, but I'd be violating my own advice.)
I had my first trade rejection ever on the GTS. I put up a Shieldon for a "Chimchar, any level, but must be female" and got no bite for over 12 hours. Took it down, I currently have a female Sudowoodo @ Lvl 29 up there and am asking for a Croagunk in exchange. Figure, "May as well, I'd rather not have to go into the Safari Zone for the umpteenth time only to find 0 Croagunk and 0 Skorupi."
What was up with the seventh gym trainer wearing shorts underneath her skirt? It was billowing into the air, showing her "panties," and my first thought was, "Wow. ... for the otaku, huh? " But then I looked closer and realized they were just a pair of shorts ... wait a second, "just" a pair of shorts!? Who wears shorts underneath a skirt!?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #119
Talon87
時の彼方へ

By the way, does anybody know what is with all the retarded little kids who put up Level 20s or Level 30s and then ask for Level 100s of the same species!? I saw a Croagunk tonight, level 29, and the kid wanted a Level 50 Croagunk in return. What the hell. I seriously think that some of these kids don't know how to add up dimes, nickels, and quarters yet. -_-;
Old 05-08-2007, 02:25 AM   #120
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Talon want a skorupi? I can give ya one now if ya want.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #121
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Aw man, I was awake and playing the game when you asked me that, too. :x Just wasn't on the computer. If you still have the Skorupi, I can trade you some things for it. Unfortunately, I'm not able to get a Ditto yet and I have male starters and the same version of the game as you, so ...
=========================================
Just beat Volkner, like, seconds ago. What a wickedly easy gym for my Level 66 Torterra. I can see how it might have given me more trouble if I'd raised an Empoleon to that level and neglected the rest of the team, though.

Time to find the Waterfall HM, go explore Sinnoh a bit more (TONS of waterfalls we've come across on our way!), figure out if I can't find Cyrus before heading to Victory Road, and make an effort to catch Mesprit, Uxie, and and Azelf. (Torterra's more than beefy enough to endure their hits, and he OHKOs them with all of his moves, so I can wall against them. It's just, I want to catch them in PokéBalls. Won't settle for an Ultra Ball like I did with Palkia, because I panicked, because I didn't think we'd be catching Palkia so soon and I had only one creature at full health (Torterra) with almost no Revives and absolutely no Sleep/Freeze moves on the team. Stupid Impish Ultra Balled Palkia.

Really need to find a Metal Coat. When I do, I'd LOVE to trade with one of you guys online so that I can get my Onix to become a Steelix. Let me know if you're interested in executing a similar "must be traded to be evolved" trade. (FYI, I don't need Machamp, Alakazam, Gengar, Golem, or Steelix for completing my Owned Creatures list, if you're interested in trying to help me complete my 'dex. But I'm also willing to receive and return the above creatures to help you out, for your own sake, if you've raised a Machoke, Kadabra, etc.)

A little tired of waiting, so I'll ask -- I've gotten to every city on the main island and I don't see anybody selling Dusk Stones. Of the stones I've dug up underground, none have been anything besides the traditionals (Moon Stone, Water Stone, Leaf Stone). I have a Dusk Stone, and I would like to use it on Misdreavus soon, but not if it's the only one in the game. So please confirm for me if Dusk Stones are limitless or finite.
=========================================
Current Team - 46 hours in
- Torterra - Level 66 (bad EV)
- Misdreavus - Level 44 (proper EV? interesting, to say the least)
- Onix - Level 41 (messed up but had good EV intentions)
- three HM whores
Old 05-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #122
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Talon I am playing now, so if your online now we can do the trade, and I can help evolve your onix when your ready to.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #123
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Let's agree on a time tomorrow. I will likely be awake no later than 1pm EST. I will try to be sure to check UPN by 2pm. So, any time after 2pm EST tomorrow that works for you. Just let me know when. (Can include up till 3am the next day.)

Also, what do you want in exchange for ... whatever you're giving me? (I still need the Rare Tree creatures like Combee, though I did manage to get a Japanese Munchlax. Also in need of a Piplup. Wouldn't hurt to have any female D/P starters if you have spares, though I have male Torterra and Chimchar.) Come to think of it, I probably won't be able to trade with you for things I really really really want (like Caterpie, Pidgey, Eevee, Togepi ...) until I beat the E4 and get the National PokeDex. Seeing as I've investigated pretty much every single waterfall I can remember (except for the one inside Mt. Coronet, near the summit), I'm poised to go tackle Victory Road and kick the Elite Four's asses. I think my Level 67 Torterra should be able to handle it, no sweat.

Any word on whether or not I should spend my (currently) single Dusk Stone on Misdreavus? I haven't been able to find any confirmation about Dusk Stones being a held item and/or being excavatable in the Underground. Hmm. (It ought to be, I'm sure, seeing as I did dig up the stone which evolves Togetic.)

EDIT: http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pickup.shtml Apparently the PickUp items have changed since Emerald. I can't wait to trade over my max-effort Linoone from Emerald. One of them is as properly effort trained as a Level 70 Linoone can be for attack sweeping (he works handsomely in-game, anyway) and the other, aptly named Kuso, is pure crap but still Level 47.

Hooray for infinite Dark Stones. :3
Old 05-08-2007, 10:53 PM   #124
Wayne
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to Wayne Send a message via MSN to Wayne

Yay just beat the E4 since I had nothing else to do with my internet down for the last week or so and only got like half an hour of computer time so had nothing else to do than play. >>; Beat the E4 with Lucario, Infernape, Gastrodon, Staraptor, all level 55 and a Abosmow or whatever you call it which turned out to be completly useless at level 42. Left the last spot empty since I coldn't find another new pogey I like. >>; Will import pogeys soon as soon as I remember how to clone pogeys in Emerald. >>; *shot* What? I dun want them to be lost forever in the new games. ;.;

PC Pokemon
(M) Lv.12 (M) Lv.10 (F) Lv.01 (M) Lv.08 (M) Lv.04 (M) Lv.05
(M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100
(F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (M) Lv.100
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #125
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

After a few days of messing around in the post-E4 game, I'm thinking of organizing a whole new team- it's not that I don't love my current in-game team, but with Wifi and stuff I actually feel motivated to train more Pokemon (regardless of whether they're UU or OU, since I'll remain a casual battler) and pump them full of proper EVs and movesets. Not gonna worry too much about IVs, though- as long as the nature and ability's good, I'll utilize it. I could never get into the Battle Frontier, but I'm hoping that Wifi and (to a lesser extent) the Fight Area will pique my interest for a change. I also wanna do some contests since they interest me much more than the ones in RSE.

So far I'm set on raising a Weavile, Breloom (Attack and Speed EV trained w/ Spore and False Swipe for catching Pokemon), Leafeon, and Absol (caught and Adamant female in a swarm yesterday, though I want Super Luck and not Pressure so I'll just breed her), though there's plenty more I'm entertaining the idea of. There's too many choices I find to be awesome out there, and it's hard to choose what to use. D:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON