UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 10-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #26
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

This would be an addition that would ease the frustration of trying to get genderless Pokemon. I like the idea and don't see anything really wrong with adding those to the current line up of custom incenses FB already has.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:46 PM   #27
Emp
Volcano Badge

I feel like the simplest solution would be to allow trainers with Ditto to lend their Pokemon to a breed on the intended recipient's behalf, costing the recipient a breeding slot rather than the owner.

The ruling would be introduced with the idea that if people start to abuse it the privilege will be revoked.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:10 PM   #28
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
I feel like the simplest solution would be to allow trainers with Ditto to lend their Pokemon to a breed on the intended recipient's behalf, costing the recipient a breeding slot rather than the owner.

The ruling would be introduced with the idea that if people start to abuse it the privilege will be revoked.
Makes sense to me, that would eliminate the need for any extra item.

This opens up a question, though: Are there enough Ditto to ‘go around’? Wouldn’t want things to get too competitive if each one only has two breeds a year. Same goes for not wanting anybody to feel pressured to share their Ditto if they have other ideas for it.
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:32 PM   #29
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

I'd rather avoid bringing Ditto into this if we don't have to. Just let genderless breeds be a thing without having it rely on the Ditto population.

Though this just popped into my head: If we want a 'rent a Ditto' solution, then perhaps let someone pay 2 Breed Slots to rent an NPC Ditto or something in place of putting forth one of their own Pokemon.

That still avoids having genderless breeds being tied to the Ditto population of the FB players. (Which cannot grow itself as far as I know, you can't breed a Ditto with a Ditto and get another Ditto.)
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Yeah, Ditto aren't necessarily a dime a dozen in FB, and they can't make more of their own kind- you can't breed two Ditto together, nor can you breed Ditto with something and use an Old Spice Incense to ensure a Ditto offspring. To add to that, not everybody in FB who even has Ditto might necessarily be willing to contribute their Ditto to such-

: I AM NOT A WHORE.

...Case in point. So I for one am in favor of either of the other ideas- the NPC Ditto rental, or the Materna/Paterna Incenses.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #31
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13 View Post
I'd rather avoid bringing Ditto into this if we don't have to. Just let genderless breeds be a thing without having it rely on the Ditto population.
On the contrary, I’d like to at least say we have exhausted discussion on a solution that fits the Pokemon canon before bringing genderless breeding into it. Genderless Pokemon have lore for why they are unable to breed (inorganic, one of a kind, lack of reproductive organs) so I’d prefer we didn’t just throw logic out of the window for convenience.

I’d say I prefer the rental Ditto option at the cost of another slot, but also don’t feel it’s the biggest problem genderless Pokemon are slightly harder to obtain.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 10-05-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #32
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Yeah I'm still on the side of having a rental ditto. I wouldn't mind if it cost an extra slot like Emp suggests, but I wouldn't mind if there was a monetary fee of like, $500, as well to rent it from the Hatchery. While the incense are a cool idea, I do agree with Emp that Genderless Pokemon are unable to breed for a reason. The only reason they really have internal egg groups is so that they are able to breed with Ditto.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:50 PM   #33
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Delibird *jingle bells aringing*

With Halloween (sadly) behind us, I thought i’d pop an idea i’ve been thinking about in here to see what people think. I know it’s a bit early and i’m sure the mods have other bits in mind by way of seasonal events but here goes anyhow -

Delibird’s Delightful Distribution

Delibird is coming to town and wants the citizens of Fizzytopia to help spread the spirit of the season

People who sign up will be designated another member and will need to respond to the PM from Delibird (me, one of the mods or whoever - someone not taking part and impartial) with what gift they will be giving to this member (an item or items, Pokémon, whatever is deemed as ‘legal’) - once Christmas rolls around, these gifts will be revealed and can be collected by their recipients, giving everyone who entered a surprise and the chance to try and work out who got them

Let me know your thoughts, i’m a total sucker for Secret Santa and thought it’d be a good way for some more community fun times, even if it ends up as a TO activity ^^
Old 11-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #34
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I would be down for this.

: 8>
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:22 PM   #35
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I think it's a fun idea, and I was sort of kicking around a similar idea for a Christmas event before, but my initial instinct is that it would have to be seriously refined on the logistics because I really worry about people feeling left out or getting slighted by the variance of gifts being given. If you do want to seriously pursue the idea and work on fine-tuning the details, it might be better if you PM them to TKF and myself so that the details of the event aren't spoiled for everyone.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #36
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
I think it's a fun idea, and I was sort of kicking around a similar idea for a Christmas event before, but my initial instinct is that it would have to be seriously refined on the logistics because I really worry about people feeling left out or getting slighted by the variance of gifts being given. If you do want to seriously pursue the idea and work on fine-tuning the details, it might be better if you PM them to TKF and myself so that the details of the event aren't spoiled for everyone.
These are great points to consider and I think setting a limit of $1000-2000 could help to alleviate some of that. I would definitely be happy to spend time drafting things up as more than a ‘shower thought’ and ping things over to you guys, though!

Feel free to continue feeding into this, peeps - if I was to put something together, it’d be for everyone so any and all feedback is welcomed
Old 11-07-2020, 08:46 PM   #37
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Aw and I was thinking I'd make someone's Christmas by filling their stockings with lots of Candies~ ;P *shot* (Although that'd probably make it really obvious who their Secret Santa was lol.)
Old 11-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #38
Emp
Volcano Badge

I think it's a great idea and as something community driven, I don't see how it couldn't run alongside anything else planned for Christmas.

If someone feels they don't have something worth giving, it might be worth giving the option to make a Department Store purchase in private, so not to spoil the surprise. Adding a limited range of stocking filler items might also spice things up.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 11-17-2020, 08:16 PM   #39
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So there's been some talk as of late about Bond. About wanting to either rework it in some fashion or do away with it altogether. Me, personally, I never had an issue with the way Bond currently works, but at the same time, I can see why it doesn't appeal to everybody. I'm not completely sure which would be the correct way forward here, but either way, I do have ideas.

1: If we decide to rework Bond:

My idea here is to simplify Bond a bit, and hopefully eliminate the linking aspect of it- a lot of people don't seem to like that about it. My idea would take it back to something that vaguely resembles the Happiness Point system of the pre-Fizzbylution days in terms of relative simplicity, while retaining the RP-centric ideas we had in mind when concocting Bond in the first place.
  • Bond would max out at 10 instead of 50.
  • All Pokémon with existing Bond points under the current system would convert said points by dividing their Bond by 5 and rounding up.
  • Happiness evolutions would occur at 10 Bond. Anything that has evolved via happiness prior to the implementation of this without maximum Bond would obviously be allowed, grandfathered in, but if it were devolved via the reset thread, it'd still need to max out its Bond to evolve again.
  • Most of the little benefits to Bond would be stripped away or simplified. Move Relearner access would be allowed automatically, and I personally would argue the same for unnatural TM/TR compatibility, but I'm guessing not everyone will agree on that one. The main appeal of Bond would be happiness evolutions and powering up Return, Pika Papow, and Veevee Volley.
  • Instead of being claimable for each 250+ word post involving the Pokémon in question, Bond would instead be handed out by updators and Gym Leaders in the same vein as levels. In zones, the amount given would depend on the situation the Pokémon was in and would be up to updator discretion. Again, like levels. In raids, a set amount of Bond would be given to all participating Pokémon at the end, depending on how long the raid lasted.
  • No linking would be required for Bond, since the idea I'm going for here is to make them more comparable to levels. The Bonding Retreat would either cease to exist or be converted into a place to manage one's stock of Gummis. And in the second case, I could see an argument made for simply making the Candy Store work for that as well.
  • Speaking of Gummis, I'm thinking rework the Gummis into two kinds, based on PMD Rescue Team DX; The Rainbow Gummi and the DX Gummi. Both give 1 Bond, but the DX Gummi would also teach the eater one of the three Bond-locked Custom Moves, as chosen by whoever uses it; Gummi Bomb, Guardian Terrain, or Defensive Shield. The DX Gummi would, at the very least, replace the Birthday Gummi, and possibly any instance of Mysterious Gummis, while Rainbow Gummis would replace any instance of Yummi Gummis.
  • As for the potential to learn Shadow moves, I'm open to suggestions on that. I'd rather that not go away entirely, but at the same time I'm not sure just opening it up for everything to effectively get unlimited Shadow moves would be the best idea. Same basic idea for unnatural Advanced Moves- I still think those should be possible, even if some manner of limited capacity per Pokémon.
  • Pokémon in Luxury Balls would earn more Bond than they normally would've, while Pokémon in Friend Balls would start with 2 Bond (the same would apply to Christmas Balls containing Delibird, Stantler, etc.). This reverses their current roles in FB, which in and of themselves are reversed from what they are in the games. I feel like this reworking of Bond would be a prime opportunity to fix this.

2: If we decide to axe Bond:

In my previous idea, I already went on about how we could kinda move the current Bond bonuses away from actually relying on Bond, but one aspect of that would be obviously pretty tricky to work out otherwise; Happiness evolutions. It would also create a bit of an issue with moves like Return and Frustration, and I'm not sure what we'd do about those moves if we axe Bond altogether. What I do know, however, is that even if we get rid of Bond, there's still a good way to make happiness evolutions possible.
  • Happiness evolutions would be allowed to occur in zones or at the end of raids at the updator's/Gym Leader's discretion, based on how the person RP'd their character and Pokémon interacting.
  • In the event of people who want to make happiness evolutions happen but simply can't justify using the Pokémon in question in any zones they're in or any currently open raids, there would be a thread created in order to allow this sort of thing anytime.
  • To evolve a Pokémon via happiness in the thread, you would post a short story akin to a Visionary Glade post, and then someone else would need to approve the post and confirm the evolution. Word count would, I would think, count for at least part of this, but it'd also have to account for how well the RPing is.
  • This thread would also allow for evolving Galarian Yamask into Runerigus, since we already made it a happiness evolution for simplicity's sake, but this thread would allow for an RP more closely linked to its evolution method in the games.
  • RP in the thread could either allow for the Pokémon bonding with its Trainer character, or else simply experiencing a happy moment taking place before it meets its Trainer character in universe, since some people might want to have certain Pokémon already evolved before their characters meet them. Case in point, I'd like to evolve my future Igglybuff before my character actually acquires it.
  • As for who could confirm such an evolution post, I would think that in addition to whoever creates and runs the thread, it'd also be possible for other people to help out, like how there are two assistants for the Calendar. I don't imagine such a thread would be especially busy, though, and certainly not to the same degree as the Calendar, but I feel like it's at least worth thinking about this point one way or another.
  • Pokédollars would be claimable for a post that's 250 words or more, though not until after the evolution has been confirmed by someone else, although I would think the criteria for the evolution being confirmed wouldn't be so stringent that denying them would be all that common.
  • Pokémon contained in Friend Balls or Luxury Balls would be able to bypass these requirements and undergo friendship evolutions whenever the Trainer damn well pleased.

Also, if we're thinking of reworking Shadow Pokémon mechanics, I may try and think of something for that as well, but right now I just have one thing- rename Fever to Hyper Mode. It's called Hyper Mode in Colosseum and Reverse Mode in XD, and what we have in FB is closer to Hyper Mode, in that it actually has some sort of upside. The games describe these modes as the Pokémon's emotions "rising to a fever pitch", which is where the "fever" bit came from, but come on. We have a perfectly good name for it in canon already, don't we?
Old 11-18-2020, 11:08 AM   #40
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discord Discussion
Move Relearner: Could and probably should be standard.
Unnatural TMs: Stick a level lock on it, maybe lv20+.
Happiness evos: See above, stick it behind an adventuring requirement.
Couple of custom moves: Stick em on items and maybe throw custom move items in the Watt Shop or something.
Gatekeeping Advanced Moves: Stick a level lock on it, maybe like lv50+.
Double Daycare rewards: Can it or make baseline.
Because it's relevant, posting the current bond benefits and proposed changes for what could be done with them in the event of axing Bond. That said, Gary did say he was looking into it, so there's probably going to be an Actual Thread for it soon.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:51 PM   #41
Emp
Volcano Badge

I really like the suggestion of making the Advanced Move perks related to level rather than bond, it makes more sense that a Pokemon might learn a move like Blast Burn through intense training rather than through happiness and it also gives people an incentive to level up their Pokemon. I'd suggest having a first Advanced Move available at Lv.50 and the second Advanced Move OR a Shadow Move available at Lv.100.

I also think it's fine to increase the daycare rewards, the games have made levelling much easier and I don't think it would hurt to follow suit.

I do think happiness evolutions pose one of the biggest issues to scrapping bond altogether, although perhaps a shop could be kept in place for raising the bond for these Pokemon, with a smaller scoring system like MM suggested.

There's also Return and Frustration to consider - although I think their power should be dictated by the owner of the Pokemon and/or their updator. In raids they could default to their maximum power.

Finally, it might be worth allowing some bond for levels/moves exchange so that the bond earned by people over the years isn't completely wasted. Either that, or allowing them to keep the perks they have unlocked.

I realise these suggestions are more focused on the scrap bond outcome but I'm also in favour of preserving it at a smaller and more simplified scale.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 11-18-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:34 PM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Little idea I wanted to throw out here- I'm always trying to think up ways we could maybe get Watts... not necessarily easier, that's not exactly the word I'm looking for here... Faster, I suppose? Like, I'm all for working for them, and I understand respecting the fact that they're an incentive to do raids, so what I'm thinking is, allow people to claim Watts for RP'd raid posts, in addition to the Watts given out at the end to everyone. I feel like this keeps Watts to the raids, while allowing people the option to put in the effort to get themselves some additional Watts. I feel like it should be a flat amount of Watts- I was initially entertaining the idea of having it be more Watts in tougher raids, proportionate to the Watt reward at the end, but since tougher raids would last longer, I feel like that'd balance out anyway. I feel like it's more a question of what that flat amount would actually be, and that's where I'm not sure what to suggest for this.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #43
Emp
Volcano Badge

The problem with this idea is that only a small proportion of us roleplay our raid replies.

I find writing raid posts can be a real chore at the best of times, I usually end up padding due to the formulaic, turn-based nature. I like that writing raid posts is optional as-is and if Watts, the scarcest currency in FB, were given out as incentive for roleplaying I’d feel pressured to put something together every time I order. I’m all for finding different avenues to earn Watts I’m just not sure this is the right way to go.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 06-01-2021, 08:56 PM   #44
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Since it's pride month, was a thing in the game, and came up in Discord I want to see if people would be interested in implementing Azurills able to be FtM on evolution. In Gens 3 and 4, a female Azurill had the chance to evolve into a Male Marill due to differing gender ratios, and I feel we should be able to honor that well.

Thoughts?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:57 PM   #45
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'd be all for it, sure.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:59 PM   #46
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I'm down for it
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:27 PM   #47
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Sure, why not.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:57 PM   #48
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Sounds gay, Im in
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:01 AM   #49
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Putting this here so as not to derail the Dept Store thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
The Pokemon exclusive held items probably need to be defined as well. Sure, there's things like the Light Ball, Thick Club, Lucky Punch, etc, but there's also items that fit that bill that are also evo items, like the Deep Sea Scale/Tooth, and the Leek (in FB). It also needs to be clarified if things like the Dragon Trio Orbs, the Red/Blue Orbs, Drives, Memories, Sword and Shield, etc, also count.
On a tangential note, I've brought it up a couple times on Discord and was hoping for an official answer one way or another (even if it's a minor thing): The Dragon Scale used to give a 10% boost to Dragon Moves due to an oversight, was wondering if that could be implemented in FB like how Azurill is able to change gender upon Evolution. Again, not fussed about it but just think it's interesting and would convince me to keep the item; otherwise it's of no use to me.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:04 AM   #50
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I'll voice support for Dragon Scale acting as a type-boost item. It was in the games for a bit at least and it's not like it's the only evo item to have held effects
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development