UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 01-12-2021, 11:29 PM   #101
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
I think all of the changes that have been made are fine. I personally prefer Can't Catch Me! but besides that, I think the moves are good to go.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:56 PM   #102
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Voting to keep "Can't Catch Me" as the name.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:11 AM   #103
Emp
Volcano Badge

Prefer Can’t Catch Me - the main reason Psysplit was renamed is because Copycat was already taken, I think it would be confusing to rename Can’t Catch Me after so long. With this in mind I don’t think the description needs the “snaps their fingers” part.

Really dig the updated effect as a side note.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #104
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Alright, I think 2 weeks is enough time for people to voice their opinions.

The changes listed in this post will be put into effect, but due to a landslide in opinions, Can't Catch Me will retain its original name.
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:12 PM   #105
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

So since it's come up in discussion recently on Discord, I'd like to revisit the topic of the His & Her Heart Pendants and propose a couple changes (so that we can officially put the items on record and not forget about them for another four years lmao):

1) Everything EAI established here, but for purposes of Raids/in general remove the restriction that both Pokémon wearing the pendants must be out at the same time. (From an RP perspective, this can be seen as "soulmates" being connected/supporting each other even when apart or something.) So long as the Pokémon's partner/SO is recorded as holding the other half in the player's profile for the duration of battle, then the participating 'mon still receives the 5% damage increase for all attacks. (If others more familiar with Raid mechanics want to tweak this number for better balance please feel free to provide input.) We can add a stipulation that people make a point to state who the partner is in their sign-up (and if necessary provide brief details of their relationship as proof, or just leave it up to a trust basis that folks won't abuse the system by giving the items to any two random 'mons on their team).

2) In light of lifting their previous heteronormative nature, the pendants probably should be renamed to something more fitting. While the suggested "Cor Sōlis" and "Cor Lūnae" are very pretty, I feel they're a bit too esoteric and recommend we just change them to "Left & Right Heart Pendants" for simplicity.

Let me know what y'all think~
Old 02-13-2021, 04:09 PM   #106
Emp
Volcano Badge

Left & Right sounds good although I also think something like Soulmate Pendants could work just fine, do the two halves need separate names?

I don't really mind the first point although it does sort of feel like cheating getting help from a Pokemon that isn't featured in the raid :x however small the benefit is. If two different trainers had partnered Pokemon they could always sign them up for the same raid if they wanted to reap the effects of the pendant.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 02-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #107
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

While I agree that Tate's names for them were too flowery (I dunno how to type those properly at all, thanks), I also feel that just calling them "Left Pendant" and "Right Pendant" may be too mundane for what they're supposed to represent. In a similar vein, the fact that they're supposed to be two halves that only work together when made into a whole, giving them both the same name would be kinda pointless (we'd wind up calling them "Soulmate Pendant L" and "Soulmate Pendant R").

Thankfully, Tate did leave us with translations to their suggested names, and those seem like a decent enough compromise. "Heart of the Sun" and "Heart of the Moon" have the appropriate floweryness to them without being nigh-impossible to type out.

Mechanics-wise, I do agree that either reducing the stipulation needed to get their bonus and/or buffing the bonus is a bit of a good shout. As things currently are, they've rarely (if ever) seen actual usage because of how rarely situations where its even possible to have two 'mons participating in the same battle present themselves and how pathetically poor the effect is if you even meet the criteria in the first place. Had it not been for their cute flavor, there'd be no reason to use them over more the effective and reliable Wise Glasses and Muscle Band, ya know?

I will say that I kinda like the idea of one half being defensively-oriented and the other half being more aggressive, to offer some nuance to how the relationship might be perceived at a quick glance. I'm not sure if that might be a bit much, though...
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #108
Sneaze
Mrow?

Stepping away from the His and Her Heart Pendant discussion for a moment because it's honestly just become cyclical now...

Can we talk about the Valentine Ball and how it's literally a Pokeball you can't even catch anything in? And even if you're using it as a transfer ball it's uh... not exactly something great for most people since its flavor is very unclear, but it does require doing a breed, something which most people don't really do within their own team? It's just a little bit silly and honestly would be better off if it was a Premier Ball or something similar with no actual effect.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 03:06 PM   #109
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I'm going to be taking a hard look at everything in a little bit, but an initial idea I've come up with is that the Valentines Ball could be like an upgraded version of the Love Ball, where the catch rate is greatly increased if the target has the Infatuated status

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 02-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #110
Sneaze
Mrow?

...me likey

Old 02-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #111
Lil'twick
Insanity

That definitely works a lot better tbh.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-14-2021, 03:36 PM   #112
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

ohey, a use for the Ruby Pendant
Old 02-14-2021, 11:33 PM   #113
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Custom Pokéballs:
Type Pokéballs:
Bug Ball: Increases capture rate of Bug Pokémon
Dark Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark Pokemon.
Dragon Ball: Increases capture rate of Dragon Pokémon
Thunder Ball: Increases capture rate of Electric Pokémon
Fairy Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy Pokemon.
Fighting Ball: Increases capture rate of Fighting Pokémon
Fire Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire Pokémon
Fizzy Bubbles Ball: Increases capture rate of Water Pokemon.
Flying Ball: Increases capture rate of Flying Pokémon
Ghost Ball: Increases capture rate of Ghost Pokémon
Leaf Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Ground Ball: Increases capture rate of Ground Pokémon
Snow Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokémon
Normal Ball: Increases capture rate of Normal Pokemon.
Poison Ball: Increases capture rate of Poison Pokémon
Psychic Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic Pokémon
Rock Ball: Increases capture rate of Rock Pokémon
Steel Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon

Holiday Pokéballs:
Valentine Ball: Increases capture rate if the target has the Infatuation status.
Chocolate Pokéball (Made of 100% pure chocolate). Works like a normal Pokéball. First appeared for Easter 2005.
Mummy Ball: Increases capture rate if the target is currently bound by a trapping effect
Wereball: Increases capture rate of Canine Pokémon
Franken Ball: Increases capture rate of Steel Pokémon
Pumpkin Ball: Increases capture rate of Grass Pokémon
Skele Ball: Increases capture rate of Ghost Pokémon.
Vampire Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon inflicted by Biting attacks.
Xmas Ball (A Pokémon is released from this ball in a flurry of snowflakes.) Works like a Christmas-themed Luxury Ball. Stantler, Delibird, Snover, Deerling, or Cryogonal will receive 10 Bond Points if housed inside this Pokéball.
Gingerbread Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon with increased Evasion.
Ice Ball: Increases capture rate of Ice Pokemon.
New Year Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon inflicted by Explosion, Self-Destruct, or Misty Explosion.

Other Pokéballs:
Red Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Orange Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Yellow Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Green Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Aqua Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Blue Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Violet Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Magenta Cyber Ball: Works like a normal Pokéball
Space Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokémon that are Levitating or under the effects of Gravity.
Feather Ball: Increases capture rate of Pokemon with the Airborne status.

Villainous Team Pokéballs:
Rocket Ball: Increases capture rate of Dark & Poison Pokémon.
Aqua Ball: Increases capture rate of Water & Dark Pokémon.
Magma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Ground Pokémon.
Plasma Ball: Increases capture rate of Fire & Electric Pokémon.
Flare Ball: Increases capture rate of Fairy & Dark Pokémon.
Aether Ball: Increases capture rate of Psychic, Steel & Ghost Pokémon.
Skull Ball (Blue): Increases capture rate of Bug, Poison & Dark Pokémon.
Skull Ball (Pink): Increases capture rate of Bug, Poison & Dark Pokémon.

Event Pokéballs:
Raptor Ball: A special Pokéball only available on Raptor Island
Limited Edition Halloween Master Ball (orange & black Pokéball with a pumpkin-shaped release button) Fizzy Zone Event 2003
Limited Edition Ice Master Ball (blue and white Pokéball with snowflake release button) Cloud Garden Winter Adventure
Limited Edition SS Tidal Master Ball (pretty blue Pokéball) SS Tidal Mystery Cruise

I'm beginning the process of finally getting around to updating the effects of Custom Items in FB. As I did with the Custom Moves a while back, I'll post them here first and let the community review and discuss them before I make them official.

Starting with the Custom Pokeballs, here's a list of the changes I made:
- Added Fizzy Bubble Ball and Skele Ball because they were missing
- Altered Valentine Ball as discussed above
- Altered Mummy and Vampire Ball effects to have more clarity/purpose in FB
- Changed the wording of Feather Ball to apply to any pokemon not touching the ground
- Added effects to balls that previously had none: Space, Gingerbread, and New Year Balls
I would also like to potentially do something with the Cyber Balls, but because there are so many of them it was difficult to come up with a singular idea. Let me know what you think about Cyber Balls or any other changes I have proposed!

Last edited by Sandaa; 02-14-2021 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2021, 11:51 PM   #114
Lil'twick
Insanity

So I think all of the new proposed effects are perfectly fine and I do like them. I believe with how many kinds of Cyber Balls there are they should keep the same kind of "works as a normal Pokeball" at the moment. I especially like the new thematic for Space Balls!

The thing I'd like to address are the Team Balls. We're missing like, three teams, and the earlier ones don't line up with the other ones. I think we should address these, but most likely after we work on the rest of the changes Gary has done for the rest of the Pokeballs.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-14-2021, 11:55 PM   #115
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Maybe the Cyber Balls could just have an increased catch rate for Electric-types and/or manmade Pokémon like Porygon. The two varieties of Skull Ball each have the same effect, and the numerous New Year's Balls all have the same effect, so I don't see why the various Cyber Balls wouldn't all have the same effect, personally.

The Vampire Ball, I'm not so sure I'm on board with changing it- always felt more like it should be used to contain the mons doing the biting, as opposed to the bite victims, at least to me.

And, very minor thing, but, like, am I the only one who just doesn't use the Chocolate Ball or Gingerbread Ball for the sole reason that they are made out of food? Like, realistically, I know they wouldn't actually have any real problems, but my characters can't be expected to know that, I wouldn't think. I notice the Gingerbread Ball's description no longer mentions it being made out of actual gingerbread, do I take this to mean that it isn't? And if so, would it be possible to do the same with the Chocolate Ball?

Other than that, I'm liking what I'm seeing here.

>Team balls
I have sprites I made long ago for potential Cipher and Snagem Balls.

Cipher Ball:

Snagem Ball:
Old 02-15-2021, 12:45 AM   #116
Sneaze
Mrow?

I'd say it would be great to have Cipher and Snagem balls but one of those things honestly requires a bit of a discussion on Clarity, which requires a bit of a discussion on Bond so... yeah. Like yes, they could have your generic basic effects but at the same time, it seems silly for them to when we give effects for basically everything *but* Clarity purposes and people have been asking for Clarity stuff since we decided to make Shadows easier to obtain.

Old 02-15-2021, 12:50 AM   #117
Lil'twick
Insanity

I was more talking about adding an additional type for the Rocket - Flare balls as well as creating Galactic, Yell, and Macros Cosmos balls tbh. I do agree with Sneaze that those kinds of Pokeballs will need to wait until the massive Bond/Clarity discussions. As well as the Team Balls waiting until after the current proposals are discussed.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 02-15-2021, 12:59 AM   #118
myahoo
Soul Badge

Am I the only one who had to google what Airborne status is? Because I had no idea there was a term for...that.

I have to agree with MM re: Vampire Ball and Lit re: Cyber Balls, but that's a personal opinion thing.

Everything else, I'm fine with.

making an attempt at Actually Participating but V Interested in Clarity discussion
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:21 AM   #119
Emp
Volcano Badge

These are great!

Of the new additions I'd only really consider shortening the Fizzy Bubbles Ball to the Fizzy Ball - it's still clear it's named after FB (even sharing the acronym) without being as much of a mouthful.

While the catch rate effects are more flavour than something I can see coming into play often, I would still like to share a couple of thoughts.

With the Wereball establishing that the effects don't have to align with classifications in the games (canine-based Pokemon are just strong assumptions) I feel like you're missing a trick not having the Space Ball be more effective against Pokemon from outer space. While incorporating Gravity is a clever idea, wouldn't it have the opposite effect considering there's no gravity in space?

I'm also not sure if the Aether and Skull Balls should just be effective against two types rather than three, to make it consistent with the other team balls. I checked over the Pokemon used by Aether employees and Psychic seems to be the most prevalent followed by Steel. With Rocket and Flare both being effective against Dark Types I feel like Skull could just be Bug and Poison.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 02-15-2021, 01:35 AM   #120
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

@Yell and Macro Cosmos Ball
I've actually drafted versions of these back in August. The main issue these two have is that unlike the other Teams, they *very* focused on only a single Type; thankfully, they happen to also be intrinsically linked to a mechanic that's very relevant these days~

Yell Ball- A punkish pokeball that seems to reject Institutions and Galar Particles alike. It has a greater chance to catch Dark Types, but the contained pokemon cannot Dynamax.

Macro Cosmos Ball- A refined pokeball fashioned using cutting-edge research on Galar Particles. It has a greater chance to catch Steel Types, and the contained pokemon has a higher chance to have Dynamax Priority.

I do like the changes to the Feather Ball, Mummy Ball (when were contests ubiquitous enough to make the original stipulation relevant, anyway?), and the Valentine Ball, though I do agree with M.M.'s assessment on the Vampire Ball. As funny as siccing a Mega Sharpedo to tear into a sentret for maximum efficiency may be, it doesn't really make sense for the intended flavor of the pokeball.

...At least the New Years Balls are currently slated to reward the power of violent demolition, right?
Old 02-15-2021, 01:53 AM   #121
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I didn't even think to say this before, but yeah, I second Emp's bit about the Fizzy Bubbles Ball- it is a bit of a mouthful. Fizzy Ball just sounds better, fits the acronym... Fizzy Bubbles Ball reminds me of that Unova episode of the anime where Team Rocket ran a phony fishing competition and gave out "Fishing Poké Balls" for the competitors to use- like, just "Fishing Ball" would have worked without being as much of a mouthful.

Liking Med's ideas for the Yell and Macro Cosmos Balls, too. Macro Cosmos Ball is another mouthful, though in this case I'm not sure how it could really be effectively shortened. Not sure if Macro Ball or Cosmos Ball would really convey the point.
Old 02-15-2021, 03:59 AM   #122
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Custom Held Items:
Bubbling Cauldron
This Witches brew is as it looks a brew of bubbles and troubles, what will happen? Well in battle if used one of these things could happen:
- The holder is healed 50%
- The holder is Healed 100%
- The holder is Damaged by 10%
- The holder is afflicted with a Random Status effect
- The holder is transformed into a random Pokémon (Updater and Ref discretion)
- The holder and Opponent switch bodies until the end of the battle
- The opponent is Damaged 10%
- The opponent is Healed by 50%
Bunny Bonnet
Effect: The holder is able to use the move Bounce. Consecutive uses of Bounce will increase in power by 10% with each successful hit.
Bunny Ears
Effect: The holder’s accuracy is automatically increased by one stage. However, the holder takes increased damage from Sound-based attacks by 30%. Does not work on Pokemon with the Soundproof ability.
Chick Bonnet
Effect: When the holder enters battle, their speed is automatically increased by 2 stages. Their speed automatically drops by 1 stage at the end of each round of combat.
Cupid’s Bow and Arrow
Effect: The holder may attempt to strike an opposite gendered Pokémon as an action for guaranteed attraction that will last 2 rounds or until the afflicted target is struck by an attack. This may be used once per battle only, hit or miss.
Devil Horns
Effect: Boosts Fire and Dark type moves by 10%. The holder may not use the same attack consecutively, however.
Heart Container
Effect: When the holder is hit, the heart container fills up. Once all 4 segments are filled up (4 hits), the holder is healed by 50% of their max health.
Lucky Rabbit’s Foot
Effect: Increases Critical Hit chance by one stage.
Mug of Fiery Fizzybrew Root Beer
Effect: The holder may drink the contents of this item as an action. Once consumed, the holder will involuntarily belch out a stream of flames equivalent to a Flamethrower (Fire, Special 90 BP). In the 2 following rounds, the holder has a 50% chance follow their action with an independent belch with reduced power equivalent to an Incinerate (Fire, Special 60 BP), followed by Ember (Fire, Special 40 BP) if the second belch occurred. The belches have no secondary effects. This item may only be used once per battle.
Rainbow Egg
Hold Effect: The holder may consume this item as an action, recovering 50% of their max health and raising each of their stats by 1 stage. This item may only be used once per battle.
Ruby Pendant
Effect: When the holder enters battle, the opponent (of opposite gender) has a 25% chance of becoming Infatuated by the holder.
Skull of the Forgotten Souls
Effect: When the holder enters battle, a small skeletal doll resembling the holder’s species is summoned. The skeleton will protect the holder from one attack and then disappear. If the doll has not performed this action yet, the holder may instruct it to use Bonemerang on a given target instead, and the doll will disappear after that action. The skeleton may only be summoned once per battle.
Soulmate Pendant
Effect: When two Pokemon that are each holding this item are used in battle together as allied Pokemon, each of their Attack and Special Attacks are increased by 20%. The two Pokemon must be an established pair.
Unicorn Horn
Effect: The holder is able to use the move Megahorn. Consecutive uses of Megahorn will decrease in power by 10% with each successful hit.
Aegis of Frost
Hold Effect: The holder’s Defense stat is increased by 2 stages, but they become unable to utilize Status moves.
Fling Effect: Ice, Physical 60 BP. Has a 10% chance to freeze the target.
Bunny Suit
Effect: This holder is able to dodge Ground-type attacks as an action without fail. Recovery moves affecting the holder are increased by 25%.
Dark Lance
Hold Effect: Increases Critical Hit chance by one stage.
Fling Effect: Dark, Physical 75 BP. The target's Reflect, Light Screen, Aurora Veil, and Safeguard are destroyed.
Flametongue
Hold Effect: The holder’s physical Fire type attacks are increased by 30%, but their special Fire type attacks are reduced by 20%. The holder gains immunity to Freeze.
Fling Effect: Fire, Physical 85 BP. Has a 10% chance to burn the target.
Four-leaf Clover
Effect: The holder’s accuracy is increased by two stages.
Light Barrier
Hold Effect: The holder cannot be critically hit.
Fling Effect: Normal, Physical 10 BP. The user gains Aurora Veil on their side of the field, lasting 5 turns.
Mummy Bandages
Effect: The holder takes 20% less damage from moves that make contact, but take 30% increased damage from Fire type attacks.
Northern Star Bangle
Effect: Recovery moves affecting the holder are increased by 30%.
Plague Doctor Mask:
Effect: When the holder inflicts Poison status on a target, the status becomes Bad Poison. If the target becomes Badly Poisoned from a source other than the previous effect, then the Bad Poison begins at 1 advanced turn of effect.
Scarecrow Vest
Effect: When the holder enters battle, opponent Attack is lowered by 1 stage. Opponent Flying type Pokemon have their Attack lowered by 2 stages. The holder’s Special Defense is lowered by 20%.
Superhero Cape
Effect: The user gains Levitate status. The user is able to use the move Fly.
Tiki Mask
Effect: When the holder enters battle, opponent Special Attack is lowered by 1 stage. Opponent Ghost type Pokemon have their Special Attack lowered by 2 stages. The holder’s Defense is lowered by 20%.
Vampire Cape
Effect: The holder’s Special Attack is raised by 20% but its Defense and Special Defense are reduced by 20%.
Werewolf Claws
Effect: The holder’s Attack is increased by 30%, but becomes unable to use Special Attacks.
Zombie Mask
Effect: The holder’s Special Defense is increased by 20%, but recovery effects drain the holder’s health instead of heals.
Old Spice Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the father’s species. Has no effect in battle.
Alolan Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the Alolan regional variant of the inherited species, if applicable. Has no effect in battle.
Galarian Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the Galarian regional variant of the inherited species, if applicable. Has no effect in battle.
Vanilla Incense:
Effect: Breeding results in offspring becoming the standard non-regional variant of the inherited species, if applicable. Has no effect in battle.

Notes:
- Bubbling Cauldron… needs to be completely reworked in my opinion. The effect is a mess and would take too long to hash out at the moment of me typing this
- Bunny Bonnet, Ears, and Suit… why were three different items essentially given the same aesthetic and effect? I have no clue so I changed them up a bit in order to differentiate them
- Chick Bonnet, Skull of Forgotten Souls… re-worded its effect to make it better in-line with current FB mechanics
- Devil Horns, Heart Container, Rainbow Egg, Unicorn Horn, Flametongue, Four-leaf Clover, Northern Star Bangle… changed its effect slightly to make it a bit more useful
- Cupid’s Bow & Arrow, Lucky Rabbit’s Foot, Ruby Pendant, Dark Lance, Vampire Cape… left it relatively unchanged
- Mug of Fizzybrew Root Beer… changed its name slightly to make it more family-friendly and re-worded its effect to line up with current FB mechanics
- Soulmate Pendant… I decided since the community consensus is to make the items non-gendered, it’s best to combine them into one item. Whether you own the left or the right half is up for you to decide, let it fit the flavor of your pokemon’s relationship. I don’t think there needs to be a set mechanic to declare who is whose partner; I think for now it’s fine if people just use the honor system that the pair of pokemon are actually in a relationship when using the items in battle. As for the name, I just came up with that on the spot, I’ll let you guys discuss if you want to keep that or not.
- Aegis of Frost… an item considered to be a bit unbalanced in raids by Gym Leaders for a long time. As previously discussed by the GLs, we felt it would serve best as a physical Assault Vest
- Light Barrier… it’s Fling effect was way too powerful to be left as it was, its hold effect is unchanged
- Mummy Bandages… another item considered to be too unbalanced for raids by Gym Leaders. Changed its effect to become a pseudo-Fluffy ability
- Plague Doctor Mask… as previously discussed on discord, altered its wording to properly define its effect. Removed the portion that buffs the user, because it has too much going on as-is and had no drawbacks
- Scarecrow Vest, Tiki Mask… as discussed on discord altered their effects to become actually viable and are now physical/special counterparts
- Superhero Cape… giving the Levitate effect was decided upon a very long time ago but never actually implemented, so I’m doing that now
- Werewolf Claws… another one discussed on discord, buffed its effect and changed its drawback to now prevent the user from using special attacks rather than a chance to disobey
- Zombie Mask… changed its drawback from an increase in chance to status effect the holder to something more thematic with zombies; an inability to heal
Let me know what you think of these changes. I’ll address your comments for this as well as the proposed Custom Ball changes tomorrow
Old 02-15-2021, 12:25 PM   #123
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

>Cyber Balls

I do like MM's idea of them being effective for certain "man-made" Pokémon (Magnemite line, Voltorb line, Porygon line, and Rotom would probably fit). Including Electric Types as a whole might make it overlap too much with the Thunder and Plasma Balls, but then we've already got a few repeating Types so *shrug*.

>Vampire Ball

Not particularly fussed over whether it affects the fanged or fang-ee. Honestly in the end all Balls are really just for flavor, since I highly doubt an Updator would ever actually make a capture "fail" unless it's something you're clearly not supposed to catch (at the time) lol.

>Rainbow Egg

I kinda liked keeping it as allowing the holder to use Softboiled, since I'm always for fun flavorful Moves 'mons might not be able to get otherwise.

>Northern Star Bangle

Just a nitpicky/clarification thing, but the original description "Boosts the amount of health gained through moves with healing effects by 10% when held" seemed vague enough to potentially include health gained by targeted allies as well. Or would that be too broken with the 20% increase?

>Fizzybrew

Not really fussed over the name/making things "family friendly", though as mentioned on Discord the idea of feeding my 'mons alcohol does disturb me so I personally choose not to use the mug at this time. ^^;

>Heart/Soulmate Pendants

Already gave my suggestion, not particularly picky over the result so long as the heteronormative agenda is abolished lol.

>Mummy Bandages

Just commenting to say I'm looking forward to seeing the results of me wrapping up some Ghost bullies in 'em and setting them on fire in my NFC Adventure. X3

Liking the rest of the changes so far.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:45 PM   #124
myahoo
Soul Badge

I rarely, if ever, use Hold Items, but I'm fine with all the changes so far.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 03:21 PM   #125
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Bringing it over from Discord, I would much rather the Bunny Suit retained its jumping bonus. Ties into the RP side more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development