UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 06-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #101
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
"Scuttle backward, using the trees for cover. If she comes close then ward her off with a Rock Blast."

Exploit away, Sneezey.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #102
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
"Ominous Wind as you approach. Get close enough that he attacks and bounce it back with your Spin Sphere."

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #103
Mercutio
Banned

Round 20

Opting to take a more defensive position, Dave orders Gorrath to go to ground. The Bug and Rock type scuttles through the sparse trees, taking refuge behind their spindly trunks as he searches the skyline for his foe. Perdita is approaching, blowing out a chilling breeze as she goes. It's Ominous Wind, a middling Ghost attack that nevertheless hits Gorrath for some decent enough damage. The Crustle grimaces, feeling his health slip in to the red, Dave grunting as alarms begin sounding from his pokédex. The Ghost and Flying type bears down upon her foe, streaming INTERNET to all ports as she comes.

Seeking to ward off this airborne attacker, Dave orders Gorrath to use Rock Blast. Gorrath gathers many rings of Rock energy around himself, the rings swiftly taking the form of small pebbles, before launching each ring one by one at Perdita. The Drifblim takes a leaf out of Fantina's book and begins to spin, emitting Ghost typed energy and activating her signature Spin Shield. Spinning like a top, the aspiring Gym Leader's pokémon reflects the many rings of rock and stone back down upon her foe. The boosts all travelling in the wrong direction for Gorrath's maintained consciousness, the critter's own attack is enough to bring him down. Falling from the onslaught of boosted rocks, Gorrath's eyes swirl in weakness. As the embargo lifts and his shell is revealed across the way, the ref dons a cup and prepares for the inevitable complaint.

Gorrath is unable to battle!

Good exploitation nets Perdita the win against the type advantage there. Substantial energy use, but no one needed. The mists are thickening.

Dave, I gather from your PM you weren't expecting this outcome. Dunno why. We await your next pokémon.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #104
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Oh, right.

Basically I ordered Rock Blast specifically because in the anime (well, the one our description is based on) it's basically stone-shaped bullets of energy and not actual rocks, so thus couldn't be reflected should Sneezey use that exact attack. Given that our description says 'Rock energy in the form of small pebbles' and not actual pebbles I was under the impression that carried over.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #105
Mercutio
Banned

Nope.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #106
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Except... yes?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #107
Mercutio
Banned

Nope.

To elaborate further, a) I'm interpreting Rock Blast as creating rocks in the same way that Hydro Pump creates water, essentially viewing it in the same way as Stone Edge despite their different ways of phrasing the nature of their projectiles (form of rocks = rocks) and b) even if I did treat it as creating Rock typed energy bullets, I would class them as being covered by the 'orbs' part of the sig and thus still ref it getting reflected back. If that sig works on Smack Down and Stone Edge it definitely works on Rock Blast.

Fair play for trying to get around his sig with semantics but next time you'll want to check I share the same view. I do not.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #108
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah I've just spent the best part of my second pint thinking about what a dick you are.

True I could have asked you first but I've been trying to get out of the habit of asking my ref what he thinks of my orders for some time now and I'd rather not break that habit because asking 'Will this work? Will this work? Will THIS work?' is bad.

Also bullets are not orbs. No, they're really not.

Oh well, so much for tricking Sneezey into wasting his only use of that sig move. Orders later.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #109
Sneaze
On The Hunt

I love how I knew this is how it would go the moment I saw Dave's orders. Shame Rock Blast doesn't mention anything even remotely in regards to bullets.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #110
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

In fairness I knew that if I ordered literally any other Rock attack you'd use that move because they involve either a) rocks or b) orbs of energy, which is specifically why I ordered Rock Blast because it involves neither.

Also because I didn't want to be boring and order Round/MC Hyper Beam.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #111
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Return Gorrath, you did exactly what I needed you to do. Rest up.

Cyberduck, let's do this!"

Quote:
Cyberduck: Genderless (Male) Porygon-Z
Porygon-Z: (Normal) - Of the Porygon line, Porygon-Z possesses higher agility and speed than its bretheren, at the cost of slightly lower defences. Like its prevolutions, it moves by hovering with the same restrictions (flight ceiling = 6 feet max). Porygon-Z's head is also capable of moving independently of its body (including full 360-degree rotation without having to turn its body), but the head cannot go beyond or be forced more than half a foot away from its body.
Normal-types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. They are resistant to nothing, and are weak to Fighting, taking double damage.
Bio: With Porygon's evolved forms now allowed in the PASBL, everyone was keen to hop on the bandwagon of adding Porygon2s. I didn't even mean to - upon reading Muyo's post, a Porygon phased out of the computer screen in front of me, having been liberated from cyberspace by the LOs decree. Seizing the opportunity, I caught the little digital critter, adding him to the team.
Fitted with an Up-Grade, he soon evolved into his middle form, but he still maintained his love for Cyberspace, spending a lot of time in the computer which has lead to some... embarrassing instances. Once, I checked the comp to get him for a battle, but couldn't find him. Turning up to the battle without him in tow, I was deliberating my first selection before a compter-esque window opened in mid-air. A zapping noise later, and Cyberduck emerged, looking a bit exhausted but ready for battle.
Within the battle, his opponent, a Ninetales, used Double Team, producing several clones. Unsure of which was the real deal, the Porygon2 opened another window, vanishing from view. Moments later, with a burst of data, he reappeared behind the group, firing a bolt of energy at the Ninetales that proved to be the next one. Having won the battle, I checked his learnset, and discovered that spending so much time in Cyberspace had taken a strange effect on him.

Special Attack - Cyber Force (NO):
Cyberduck can use a weaker version of Shadow Force. However, instead of the Spiritual plane that Giratina enters, he enters Cyberspace. In the digital world, he relies on pure data and facts, and thus can identify the target under the same conditions Shadow Force would. Instead of Ghost energy, it deals typeless damage comprised of data from Cyberspace. Cyber Force deals heavy damage while costing major energy to use, Cyberduck may use Cyber Force once per battle due to the strain it puts on his circuits, and cannot use Teleport at all.
"Icy Wind into a Tri Attack."
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #112
Sneaze
On The Hunt

"Take the hits and drop the hammer. Thunder, follow up with a Hypnosis held for full sleep, then get right up on him and let loose a mighty Explosion."

Three.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #113
Mercutio
Banned

Round 21

Once again accepting that I'm right because, and let's be honest here, I'm always right, Dave recalls his fallen Crustle and his shell and clicks through his belt to find a new pokéball. Presumably seeking to match his foe's Flying type mobility, he selects Cyberduck, a Porygon-Z and one of my favourite Gen IV pokémon. It's a solid choice and packs plenty of anti Ghost coverage, also having the happy advantage of no super effective coverage from Perdita. That'll help, though its flight ceiling will keep it from the higher reaches of the arena.

With the initiative on his side, Dave orders his pokémon to use an Icy Wind. The inorganic Normal type floats closer to Perdita and somehow blows (???????????????) a large amount of freezing cold wind at the lofty Ghost type. Perdita stoically takes the hit, the cold not bothering her so much but the slow down effect still giving her pause for thought. Seeing no response through the fog, Dave shrugs and orders a Tri Attack. Sourcing from multiple type pools, Cyberduck unleashes a barrage of multi faceted energy that strikes for neutral damage and batters the solid Ghost type's healthbar quite significantly. No status, though, Lady Luck in total ecstasy from Sneezey's tales of ho Gym Leaders get their own ASB parking space and he's brought his moped along to take her for a spin.

What a slut.

Oh, yes, for those who haven't seen, we've promoted Sneezey to Gym Leader level, making this match a huge waste of everyone's time and causing Psychic type lovers the world over to shiver in their boots. I feel an extra sense of pride here as I got Jeri to bypass Muyo's authority and do the approving. Or, I would, if Sneezey hadn't suddenly had some kind of brain hemorrhage and ordered like he's Rangeet from two years ago. As the LO chat thread erupts with various comments including my personal favourite from Concept...

... Perdita follows her orders to drop the (Thunder) hammer. Doing a decent impression of a Space Marine Terminator despite the lack of legs or powered armour, the Ghost and Flying type charges a huge amount of Electric type energy together and sends it arcing skywards, only to bring it smashing down moments later on to the automated body of Cyberduck. The Normal type quacks in pain, having picked up nasty paralysis from the blow, and Sneezey smiles as he continues with his master plan.

And then the round ends. ASB, WTID3M is dead. Rounds do not last that long. Sneezey, you're bad, and you should feel bad.

Perdita took a lot of damage and will fall to a heavy amount of damage. The forced one mover was useful but Electric energy is low. Did not use a three or a sleep move. Cyberduck is heading fast for 3/4 health and paralysed, but pretty fresh. Floating a few feet below and across from Perdita. Neither is obscured by trees.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #114
Sneaze
On The Hunt

I would care so much more if Perdita wasn't just cannon fodder at this point, given Dave's remaining squad.

"Return Perdita, you have a different role to play now. Virendra, you're up. Send your hands at your foe while you stay in the cover of the trees and give him a nice Dynamicpunch followed by a Poison Jab."

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 04:25 AM   #115
Sneaze
On The Hunt

...Dave. Can we please not add this to the list of "things that are sure to take forever and will keep me from opening my Gym"?

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #116
Mercutio
Banned

I'll happily DQ him, by the by.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #117
Sneaze
On The Hunt

...sooooooo tempted.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #118
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Shit, sorry man, I was sure I ordered in this.

"Protect from the Punch, take the Jab then advance on her position, firing Dark Pulse as you go."
Old 08-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #119
Mercutio
Banned

Round 22

Woops. You're big boys, you can handle ALCAPS now that ALto is back.

HAUNTER! AHHHHHHH!

DYNAMIC PUNCH! AHHHHHHHH!

BUT PROTECT! OOOOOOOH! IT WORKED DESPITE PARALYSIS!

POISON JAB! AHHHHHHH!

IT POISONED ACCORDING TO MY RNG BUT THEN I REMMEBERED IT'S A PORYGON.

DARK PULSE! AHHHHHHHH!

LOTS OF DAMAGE TO VIRENDA ALREADY AND FIGHTING IS DOWN! CYBERDUCK USED A LOT OF ENERGY AND PROBABLY WANTS A ONE MOVER! AHHHHHH!

AHHHHHHHH!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #120
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Also, Stealth Rock?

"Strafing Discharge as you move behind some trees for cover. If she comes after your or does the floaty hand crap, counter with Secret Power."
Old 08-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #121
Sneaze
On The Hunt

You want to hide? Fine.

"Coat the area in a thick Smog after he's hidden and then blow it with a Will-o-Wisp. Move around in the fog and through the trees as much as possible without using a move."

Quote:
Old 08-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #122
Mercutio
Banned

I decided to turn Stealth Rock off because REF'S DISCRETION.

Or something.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #123
Mercutio
Banned

Round 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
>Dave complains about people not having Ref Eval stuff in

I for one am waiting until the last minute to send mine in (sorry!) mostly due to wanting to see what people are really capable if they put their mind to it. After all, I've only had one of my refs actually... ref for quite some time now.
:O

Virenda gets hit by boulders because obviously.

Taking a leaf from my book, Dave orders a strafing Discharge. Cyberduck banks left, generating a strong burst of electrical energy as he locks scanners on the Ghost type in front. The attack forms tendrils of lightly tinged electricity that swarm out towards Virenda, shocking and enveloping but failing to inflict any kind of paralysis. As Cyberduck goes to ground, Virenda exhausts a mass of noxious fumes and toxins. It's a Smog attack, the gasses enveloping much of the surrounding area whilst mixing with the fog of the Last Stop. Virenda grins, rising, and prepares the second part of the plan. This is a Will-o-wisp, a weak fiery move that nevertheless allows its user the option of comboing up with flammable attacks. This is exactly what happens. The flames ignite the smoke, setting the world ablaze in an inferno of light and heat. Cyberduck is thrown backwards and in to the bog, splashing with no grace at all, whilst Virenda shields himself from the onslaught and wisps in to the fog.

See no evil.

Not too much damage for the ethereal Virenda, whilst Cyberduck took more and will be momentarily stunned as the round begins.

Last edited by Mercutio; 10-04-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #124
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Implying that Sneezey's Haunter can go ethereal
Old 10-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #125
Mercutio
Banned

B grade, everybody!

Man that sig is balls out retarded.