UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

View Poll Results: Which Pokemon is which type?
Top: Fire 7 36.84%
Top: Water 4 21.05%
Top: Grass 5 26.32%
Left: Fire 6 31.58%
Left: Water 2 10.53%
Left: Grass 10 52.63%
Right: Fire 4 21.05%
Right: Water 12 63.16%
Right: Grass 1 5.26%
Won't be Fire/Grass/Water again, we're gonna get trolled by the Ninty 2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Place your bets, kids

What are probably the starter Pokemon's silhouettes got revealed on Pokemon Sunday today, and we'll likely find out more info when Coro Coro gets leaked. So until then, let's play a game: place your bets on what type (fire/grass/water, ignoring any potential subtypes) each will be.

Let's git er done, kids.

Last edited by Blastoise; 05-08-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master

BLIND OPTIMISIM GO!

also, caps.

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
Someone else voted the exact same as me!?!?

Top looks like a piggy...fire/ground pig?
Left looks like a possible grass/fighting or grass/steel?
Right looks like a cross between piplup and wooper...so...water/ice?
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

LOL how everyone voted the same.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

L-fire, T-grass, R-water

That left one ... is the farthest-to-the-left part of its head its nose or its hair apex? If it's its nose, then the creature resembles an anorexic, elongated Cyndaquil. O_o If it's its hair apex, then the creature resembles the offspring between a Charmander and a Gardevoir. Either way, it looks painful for fans of fire Pokemon. Then again, it's also just a friggin' silhouette from which one can only tell so much.

If the top one is a grass-type, then poor Treecko remains the only bipedal-by-default-posture grass starter, the poor misfit.

The water one looks like Piplup with an even fatter head and a beaver tail. As though Bidoof weren't bad enough, now they wanna give us Bidoof's cousin for a starter!? -_-;
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I believe the one on the left is a bird. I has a beak. I think it's grass, but only because of the other two, and what appears to be a frill of leaves on it's tail.

The one in the middle is water. Or so I believe. It has a bubble on it's tail. Either a Pig or a Rabbit. I think it's a pig.

The one on the right appears to be a rodent of some sort. A raccoon or Merkat. I think it's fire.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
Loki

The one on the left has a Leaf for a tail, so I am guessing that is grass. I wasn't really thinking the pointy head was a beak so much as an odd hairdo, kinda like Celebi's head. Or an Asari from Mass Effect.

The one on the right seems to have a flat tail and flat arms and feet, possibly webbed feet. Thus a water type can be assumed.

Lastly, the middle Pokemon is just an assumption through the process of elimination. It does seem to resemble a pigs tail thanks to the twirl with an odd ball on the end and the pointy ears.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #8
Talon87
時の彼方へ

{My Thinking} The middle one has tufts of grass/leaves on its head just like Turtwig does.

The left one could just as easily have a triflame tail as it could a trileafed one or a maple-leafed one. My thinking exactly (torn between fire and grass), but I felt the middle one was more likely grass than fire.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #9
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Left: Could be fire based on the tail, but the shape of the tail is so similar to a leaf that it makes me think grass by default.

Right: Like a lot of other people, the general shape makes me think of an otter, so water seems pretty likely.

Top: Fire by process of elimination.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise View Post
Top: Fire by process of elimination.
I VOTED NINTY TROLL BECAUSE QUITE CLEARLY IT IS A PIKACHU DERIVATIVE, THEREFORE BEING ELECTRIC.

...caps.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:59 AM   #11
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I voted in much the same fashion as Talon, though I hope that the right one will turn out to be a surprise grass type or some such.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

L - Grass
T - Water
R - Fire

Left looks like it has leaves on its tail.
Top reminds me of Marill.
Right reminds me of Torchic.

Probably totally wrong.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:22 AM   #13
deoxys
Fog Badge

Right: Possibly a water type. If it is, platypus, anyone (fingers crossed)? Poison/Water? My second bet would be... I'm not sure really. Probably more likely a grass than a fire.

Left: Not sure. I would imagine it's going to look badass and be the choice for many because of this. I would say it will end up as a grass type judged by the shape, but I'd prefer a fire type, because the leaves on the body, etc. on a starter grass is becoming overdone, so a fire type would be cool (with a unique design such as....) The head is either shaped to be like a candle-like soft flame, or a long beak-like snout. This makes this pokemon a candidate for water, grass, or fire, in my opinion... (tail looks like a water type for swimming, but grass type for leaves, or a fire type with a unique shape). Also has that "I'm part psychic or dark" look to it, in my opinion.

Top: The tail gives most the impression that it's going to be a pig thing... but seeing as spoink and grumpig have taken that spot, and the warthog/boar has been taken by mamoswine etc., I'm gonna say it's not... eh, it's probably going to be a fat version of chikorita with a pig tail. I honestly can't say. This one confuses me more than the other two I think...

I hope Nintendo trolls us all and either gives us 3 new types to start with, or just gives us something aside from the normal fire grass water..

Or they could be like that^^ (NOT official)
Sometimes the second image loads sometimes it doesn't, dunno why, but damn this green crocodile flower grass starter thing looks freaking AWESOME.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 05-11-2010 at 02:19 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I officially change my vote.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3904467
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
Loki

Wow. TL;DR, you made an awful Objection!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I believe Loki meant to say this.

Here's some speculative fanart I found on Pixiv today. Enjoy!

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...bout%205thgen/
Old 05-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #17
deoxys
Fog Badge

Almost all of those look like neopets.

And if every fire starter is based off the chinese zodiac, what is cyndaquil? You could argue rat, but... no. But if this were the case, I'd much rather see a goat starter than a pig, really. Also, I wouldn't call chikorita a reptile... well, I suppose it's supposed to be a small dinosaur... sigh.

Last edited by deoxys; 05-11-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #18
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yes, Cyndaquil is rat. I had a lot of trouble getting over it too. Also, I'm just saying which theory is most likely according to these 'guidelines'. Myself, I would like the one on the left to be a bird... but w/e. Reason it's so long; I C+Ped it directly from one of my posts.

Yes, I'm that lazy.
Quote:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 AM   #19
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

OMG, THEY HAVE BEEN REVEALED!

They most certainly follow the pattern. But... a Snow otter? Original. My ordering of like;
Grass- Best. Luv it to pieces. So... elegant. Fitting for someone that often hangs out with girls. ^_^

Water- Turned out much better than I thought. Was certain it was going to be my least fav. Amazing, really.

Fire- A bit meh in my opinion. But it has great evolution potential. Are those the traces of a bandit I see?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...postcount=4006
Quote:
Old 05-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #20
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

Yeahhhh. Dunno what to make of the Serebii update. Still kinda hoping for a fakeout. :s

The water has potential, but why the Hell does it need a clown nose ugh. But, I do love the little shell. And the grass thing I just outright hate (first impression, subject to change... but unlikely). The fire is the clear winner (note: subjective, don't eat me), so yaaaaay! It's about time. I would be okay with that little fella as my starter. He looks feisty!

I know that a lot of people have a hate-on for the new female trainer, but I can't help but think she's just cute as pie. D: Actually, she looks feisty too. She and the little fire fella would make a good team. Aww. [:

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #21
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

First impression: I don't like any of them. Grass thing is ugly, happy fire pig is happy but eh, and the otter has Peppermint Patty freckles. Without seeing later evos though I am going to end up picking up the otter. Guess I'm going to call my trainer Chuck.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #22
Ryuusei
Thunder Badge

I like the new female trainer. Better than Dawn in any case.

I only like the Grass Starter. weirddddd. well I'll wait for their final forms I guess.
Ryuusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #23
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The magazine says 3タイプ, or 3 types. Umm............... Seriously? Could be good, but much more likely to be disastrous. "Check out this badass Fire/Rock/Steel guy I've got! ........ what? You say you've got Earthquake? N-noo! "
Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 AM   #24
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
8x weaknesses are going to be amusing if that's correct.

Starter impressions- I like Grass, a lot. Looks snooty and superior. Fire is a bit so so but looks like it has potential for cool evolutions and water...well, Water looks like the bastard son of Piplup and Bidoof.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #25
deoxys
Fog Badge

I'm torn between hating and liking but god the water starter is ugly. Where's my damn platypus?! surprisingly, I like the fire starter. And the trainers are supposed to be older, awesome. Can we get an anime time skip for Ash please?

And three types? I don't know if I like that. It opens up a ton of new potentials, but... well its either incredibly stupid or incredibly genius so I'll withold judgment on that issue for now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON