UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 02-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #26
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Figured I'd finally make myself known in this thread.

Favorite episodes eh? Well:

Spoiler: show
S1 didn't leave me with as many memorable episodes as the others. Home, Dead Man's Blood, Salvation and the finale, of which the name escapes me. Pilot was good, if only because it was the pilot.

Gonna have to agree with Cept on the awesomeness of the S2 finale. (On a tangent about that, it's equally awesome in the anime, but I'll say more about that further down.) But yeah, the scenes in the graveyard with the Devil's Gate were fucking awesomely dome despite the problems surroinding its filming. (Special features on the S2 DVDs tell about how they had two actual, outside graveyard/open field locations but both were fucked over in on way or another until they finally just turned a basement soundstage into a suitable location. Then there wat the fact that, due to schedule conflicts, Jensen and Jeffery Morgon shot their parts together, but without Jared and he shot his with tennis balls and a blue screen.) All things considered, it was excellent. Perfect with drama, plot and "Fuck yeah" moments. Other than that, S2 also had Tall Tales and Crossroad Blue (the latter having been the first epidode I ever saw.

Coming out of that, S3 had memorable favorites like Mystery Spot and Jus in Bello, despite being six episodes shorter than these other due to the damn writer's strike. I found Lilith to be a great adversary to take Azazel's place and the addition of Ruby added goodness. Though none of these things truly matter as my favorite episodes were ones that involved Bela. She gave a great performance, particularly Red Sky at Morning ("When this is over we should really have angry sex." One of the series best lines).

S4 gave is Cas who gave me memorable episodes in the form of [The first time travel episode], It's The Great Pumpkin Sam Winchester and the Anna episodes. Oh god the Anna episodes. Easily top ten material for me. On The Head of a Pin was pretty good as well.

S5 had Song Remains the same which was awesome for being the first episode with Michael along with having Anna :3. Changing Channels and Hammer of the Gods were very awesome, thanks in part to Gabriel. Sam, Interrupted and Free to Be You and Me were good (the latter for hilarious Cas moments). Whatever Jo and Ellen's deathisode was makes my list of favorites for the rising of Death, Lucifer's pure dickish evilness, the headshot Lucifer recieved and the return of Meg in the vessel of the amazing Rachel Miner. And who can forget the Finale. An incredibly heart wrenching episode, particularly Chuck's voice overs and the final few scenes between Dean and Cas/Lisa.

S6 had a few gems. Caged Heat (more Meg and Meg/Cas shipping abound), Two and a Half Men, Like a Virgin, Frontierland, and, again, the Finale.

S7 has been decent up until this point. Can't really call anything a favorite yet. I usually don't choose favorites until I get the DVDs and watch them a few times.

The anime was very good for them. The episodes with the brothers meeting Jake and John meeting Lilly were cool. The adaption of the Rising Son comic was also good (demon robot ftw). The episodes based on Heart and Bloody Mary were also great. The Kappa episode (What Lurks in the Lake) was a nice, comical Supernatural episode, just in anime form and is one of the few episodes I wish would've been done in live action (and with the monster experimentation going on this season, it would probably fit right in).The finale, based on the live action S2 was done great, especially since they were the only episodes Jensen was able to dub for. Overall the anime is just as good as the live action and gave some more favorites.

Also, Fun Fact for anybody who has seen the episode "The Slice Girls" already (spoilering for safety):
The girl playing teenage Emma has been in Supernatural before. Six years ago, she played the youngest member of the murderous Bender clan, Missy Bender. Yeah she was one of those Benders.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #27
TheNthDoctor
Boulder Badge

Just started watchimg Supernatural a couple of months ago. Was abpe to catch up on Seasons 1-6 on TNT. Have on seen an episode or 2 of Season 7.
TheNthDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #28
deoxys
Fog Badge

I just started watching this yesterday.

Saw 3 episodes, one I don't remember the title of, The Mystery Spot, and Pilot. I'm going to start watching now...
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #29
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
The Mystery Spot
This is the episode that got me hooked. <333

I was afraid the show had jumped shark for a while, but I think it's bounced back. Really liked "Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie" and "Repo Man". Former was a good filler throwback to earlier seasons, and the drama buildup in the second was really well done.

Some interesting new developments in the most recent episodes too...

Cas is back! ...But now he's crazy. D=

And Bobby's a ghost. o.o; But we kinda all knew that. ^^;
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #30
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

So, yeah. S8 has been confirmed.

Last edited by kusari; 05-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #31
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

So, yeah. S9 has been confirmed.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #32
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari View Post
Cool. If I go to Comic-Con again this year, maybe this time I can get in on the panel.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #33
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

Cool. If I go to Comic-Con again this year, maybe this time I can get in on the panel.
Yuki... Srsly Yuki do it... Be my hero once again
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #34
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Yuki... Srsly Yuki do it... Be my hero once again
Ha, hero is a bit much... (When was I ever one?) We'll see. I already pre-ordered tickets, but haven't looked into travel plans yet, since I have other priorities first. Hopefully I'll even have money for it.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Luvdisc

One of my friends managed to persuade me and some of our other friends to start watching Supernatural! And we decided to start from the very beginning *nod*

We are now on the second episode of the second season and gosh I just love Sam and Dean and their actors<33

The gag reel for the first season is absolutely hilarious though xfd

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeels

Although I've been watching from the beginning, I've seen the last 2ish episodes of the current season because my friend needs someone to fangirl with before, during, and after the show haha~

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #36
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Season 9 of 5 :p? Not watched season 8 yet, really should, but I think it's become more hit and miss since 5. There are some incredible stand alone episodes in 6&7, but there are more duds too and the overall story arc kind of ended with season 5.

Also Daisy just wait until the season two finale. Still my favourite pair of episodes.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #37
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Also Daisy just wait until the season two finale. Still my favourite pair of episodes.
Finished Season 2 and the first ep of season 3! Wish I wasn't on my phone...

When the title said "All Hell Breaks Loose" I shoulda known it meant literally :'D

DEANNNNN YOU POOR BABY WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS TO YOURSELF

The bloopers continue to be a continuous source of amusement though~

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #38
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Ahh, I had to go look up the season two ending since it feels like it's been such a long time since I saw it. The very end of Season three still makes me cringe though.
I might actually side with Concept, ever so slightly, in regards to things post season 5. Season 6 started down a slippery slope and season 7 I had real trouble getting to grips with (and I'm not the type of person to really try to get things straight in my head). But season 8 has had some highlights and some drastic changes, which I actually like. The LARPing episode was more fun to watch than I thought and the whole change that happened over the last two episodes is a good one imo, although the way they ended the episode 'As Time Goes By' wasn't that great. But everything after it seems to be the same old good stuff.

Also, I've never seen the bloopers

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #39
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

Ha, hero is a bit much... (When was I ever one?) We'll see. I already pre-ordered tickets, but haven't looked into travel plans yet, since I have other priorities first. Hopefully I'll even have money for it.
You were pretty heroic to me when you got all of the Gravity Falls autographs last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Season 9 of 5 :p? Not watched season 8 yet, really should, but I think it's become more hit and miss since 5. There are some incredible stand alone episodes in 6&7, but there are more duds too and the overall story arc kind of ended with season 5.

Eight has a pretty good story going and has opened up all kinds of things that can be expanded upon. The guys are signed up to Season 10 and they have material so why the hell not keep going.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #40
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
You were pretty heroic to me when you got all of the Gravity Falls autographs last year.
Ha ha, that wasn't heroic, that was coincidence. I didn't even get into Gravity Falls until I marathoned all the episodes a few days just prior to the con.

Quote:
Eight has a pretty good story going and has opened up all kinds of things that can be expanded upon. The guys are signed up to Season 10 and they have material so why the hell not keep going.
This, pretty much. At the very least they can still get a good laugh out of me. (The gag reels are also indeed hilarious, not sure if I've seen the later seasons' yet. Should check those out. As well as go back and finish the first two seasons.)

And Hon, wait'll you meet Castiel~ <3
Old 02-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #41
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Misha Collins is a god.

At one point, literally

OMGSPOILERSDON'TOPENDAISY
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Misha Collins is a god.

At one point, literally

OMGSPOILERSDON'TOPENDAISY
I wish they would've done more with that.

Apparently Misha Collins ran by the line for the panel at Comic Con and someone caught it on camera. He was posing as a spectator until a couple fangirls recognized him and started chasing him. Wish I had been there so I could chase him too.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #43
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

I have a man crush on Misha.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #44
Slash
Silver LO

Don't worry, it's not gay, man. I do, too.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #45
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
Don't worry, it's not gay, man. I do, too.
Everyman, gay or straight, should have a man crush on Misha.

"And then the scary man killed the attractive crying man." <--- quote relevant to current Misha talk
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #46
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Misha Collins is glorious.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #47
Slash
Silver LO

His twitter feed is epic, with such gems as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @MISHACOLLINS
Good for Supernatural for being brave enough to take a controversial political stance on air tonight by denouncing Nazis.
Quote:
A writer from the show about the brothers with kinky ghost fetishes has officially become a twit. Everything he says is a lie. @AdamGlass44
And

Quote:
I realize I have dinner theater tickets for Saturday, which I'd miss if the world ended, so I've decided to cancel today's Mayan apocalypse.
As well as him saying "Oh, ye of little faith. If i say i'm going to post a photo of myself naked on a horse, i am damn-well gonna do it." accompanied by this picture link.

Warning: Misha Collins may not be safe for young children, the faint of heart, and those who cannot comprehend a higher power than God.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #48
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

At risk of turning this into a Misha Tweets thread, another few good ones:

Quote:
When i interned for Bill Clinton in the White House he sent me this Valentine's day card. I'm regifting it to you.

twitpic.com/c3qh8d
Quote:
"Pope" isn't the only major job opening-The former nazi & eugenicist, Queen Beatrix, has abdicated! I'd be a great queen of the Netherlands!
Quote:
PS Thanks for the papacy support but I'm a bad successor: I'm not technically catholic, my Latin is rusty, & I look terrible in pointy hats.
Quote:
SPN's officially picked up for another year! For budgetary reasons, the brothers & angel will be gone. Season 9 will be about a psychic dog!

Last edited by kusari; 02-21-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #49
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Welp, I may be pushing my luck but I think todays episode sounds like it'll be better than last weeks. Just sayin'. But last weeks episode I couldn't really get behind. It felt like we'd gone from several impressive episodes where things had happened and the level of violence was glorious (what, I like it when evil things get shot, stabbed or generally slain), to something mundane and, well, wishy-washy. What they introduced was nice and everything, but it felt like the episode lacked some substance.
I'll keep hoping until I see it (probably tomorrow knowing me and my love for sleep).

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #50
Red Panda
head head bitch

Sorry for the Necro ^_^

The official "description" for Season 10 has been released by the CW:

Season 10 begins with Sam’s frantic search for his missing brother, who is gone without a trace. The road to recovering the wayward Dean takes Sam down dark paths, with consequences that will shake the boys to their core. Meanwhile, Castiel has to pick up the pieces in the aftermath of Metatron’s campaign. With his grace failing and rogue angels still on the loose, Cass will face the ticking clock of his own mortality as all-new threats emerge to once again push all of our heroes to their limits.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment