UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 06-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #26
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I think all most JP fans care about is the teeth. It's sad but those are the true "monsters"!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #27
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Yeah it was only a group of Theropods that had feathers, the group from which birds are descended.

Also as a note, mammals are in no way descended from dinosaurs. The Synapsids branched off from other reptiles way back before even the Mesozoic era. Something to bear in mind is that both feathers and hairs are basically adapted reptilian scales.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #28
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I think all most JP fans care about is the teeth. It's sad but those are the true "monsters"!
For T-rex, teeth. For Velociraptor, claws. For Dilophosaurus, Newman getting sprayed by burning hot pitch.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #29
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showpost...5&postcount=15
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #30
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Also as a note, mammals are in no way descended from dinosaurs. The Synapsids branched off from other reptiles way back before even the Mesozoic era. Something to bear in mind is that both feathers and hairs are basically adapted reptilian scales.
But the synapsids were dinosaurs. >.> (Now it's my turn to use terminology incorrectly and/or confusingly!)

But seriously. Have always and may always think of Dimetrodon & Pals as dinosaurs.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:31 PM   #31
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Synapsids were absolutely not dinosaurs. The split occurred sometime in the late Carboniferous/early Permian. The dinosaurs and all other 'modern' reptiles are Sauropsids. Dinosaurs in specific were Archosaurs, a group that developed in the early Triassic, also containing the extinct Pterosaurs and Crocodilians. This is why crocodiles are the most closely related group to birds.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #32
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That's the joke, Dave.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #33
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Probably, I'm bad at those.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #34
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This is cool.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #35
Lanturn
Just keep swimming x2

I watched the movie and I don't even remember/get the dinosaur feather argument.

Also what's with the woman running that fast in high heels?

[Current WF Adventure]
(lol totally should update these links)
Lanturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #36
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Well then be clearer about it next time! Because this ...

... doesn't match your claim! You two both talk about all dinosaurs and use that language rather than saying "some dinosaurs" and using the language of theropods and such. (You did bring up theropods later in your post but it was unrelated to your claim about Hammond's wants and all dinosaurs which I've quoted above for relevance. I.e. one can easily read your post thinking you fault Crichton/Hammond for a featherless Triceratops.)

EDIT: In short, don't be a "REAL DINOSAURS HAD FEATHERS!" kid if what you mean to say is "REAL THEROPODS HAD FEATHERS!" People, particularly the younger generation, are getting way too obnoxicited with this idea that paleotonology got it wrong until a decade or two ago. Sorry. -.-; [/rant]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
From what I know, isn't it only really the therapods who have feathers? I haven't actually seen anything to suggest that many of the herbivores had anything more than typical reptile skin.
=_= I had already established we were talking about theropods.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #37
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Barney didn't have feathers.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-20-2015, 12:21 AM   #38
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanturn View Post
Also what's with the woman running that fast in high heels?
I was a little disappointed to see that Claire managed to outrun a T. Rex in high heels, it's true. I had thought she removed them, but she managed to go REALLY FAST in those darn shoes.

And Talon yeah I'm sorry I was just kinda rolling with my thoughts at the time. Try not to get upset if I accidentally transition to talking out of my ass :c
Old 06-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #39
Red Panda
head head bitch

Jurassic World surpasses Marvel's Avengers to have the highest grossing opening weekend of all time

So yeah, it was a big hit. I personally loved the movie, but I really didn't see it being this popular around the world. The article provides more numbers to prove just how popular it was.

So popular that they are in fact making a sequel, and Chris Pratt has confirmed that he'll be a part of it.

Thoughts? Ideas where they'll go with the sequel?

I am personally excited as the movie did leave plenty of room for a sequel.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:21 PM   #40
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

The movie suggested that it would continue down the route of genetic modification in keeping with the original theme of Jurassic Park - introducing business into science causes major problems - which I heartily approve of. I'm hoping that the second one irons out some of the kinks in the movie - the first half-hour was not a good opening for the film and pushed a lot of issues that just vanished into empty space later.

WITH THAT SAID, a sequel could close some of the loose ends in Jurassic World that caused so many of the problems critics had with the film.
Spoiler: show
Why is the divorce relevant? Why is the older brother made out to be a chronic womanizer? Claire and Owen have their characters resolve over the course of the movie, but the boys are a total nonfactor, the father is barely a character, and the mother of the kids is a robot who is programmed to cry whenever her kids are mentioned. Some more insight into their characters would probably increase my opinion of Jurassic World (which is still high btw, thanks entirely to those DINOSAURS YAAAS)
Old 06-21-2015, 04:55 PM   #41
Mercutio
Banned

Cheryl just wants the husband to strangle her, is all.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:08 PM   #42
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
WITH THAT SAID, a sequel could close some of the loose ends in Jurassic World that caused so many of the problems critics had with the film.
Why is the divorce relevant? Why is the older brother made out to be a chronic womanizer? Claire and Owen have their characters resolve over the course of the movie, but the boys are a total nonfactor, the father is barely a character, and the mother of the kids is a robot who is programmed to cry whenever her kids are mentioned. Some more insight into their characters would probably increase my opinion of Jurassic World (which is still high btw, thanks entirely to those DINOSAURS YAAAS)
The divorce was just used as a device to get the kids to the island. And it was completely unnecessary, as were both of the parents. The kids could have just been a pair who went on a vacation by themselves, or hell they could have been Claire's own kids or something. As for the boys, the older brother was probably the worst character out of the whole movie for me, his character seemed inconstant between the first and second halves of the movie. There had to have been a whole bunch of stuff cut from the film, just cause of how weak everyone's characterisation.

Speaking of stuff being cut, the assistant has to have a ton of scenes cut, because her death was unnecessarily brutal for a bit character and genuinely uncomfortable to watch.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #43
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

If there's a sequel, it should be called Jurassic Chicken.

Then a third movie, Jurassic KFC.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 06-22-2015, 12:57 AM   #44
Mercutio
Banned

So I want them to do a buddy cop movie with the Rex and the Raptor where they solve mysteries and get in to hijincks.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:05 AM   #45
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

re: death scenes

Every character in Jurassic Park had a death that was fitting for their character, and it was nice to see this return in Jurassic World.

Spoilers on specific death scenes:

The assistant was inattentive and too preoccupied with other things to pay attention to the kids. It's pretty fitting that her death came as a result of her not paying attention to what was going on around her. Was it a bit much? Maybe. But I really hated her character and was not sorry to see her get eaten.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment