UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Electronic Fashion

No, I wasn't just lying about being a spriter for an ion of respect. :P

Not a very good spriter, but. Realized it's been a while and I may as well make something, so. Disregard the 360 rotation with feet, I realized cylinders don't work that way.

Yeah, as you can tell from the backup images, first I just tried tossing it together, then I quickly googled shading cylinders and suddenly had a chance. Random piece of trivia- Not a single colour was made using the colour slider- they were all created solely from numeric inputs.

DISCLAIMER: This isn't by any means a finished sheet- Just the beginnings of one I figured I'd upload before I headed home for the day.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 09-27-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #2
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Ookay, maybe trying to keep spritework and wordwork separate was a bad idea.

Was digging through my old works, this one made me squee, so I dusted it off and decided to go about posting it.

WARNING ~ IF YOU DON'T LIKE SHIPPING BACKTRACK PLEASE ~ WARNING

With that out of the way, it turns out that this ship might actually not have a name. Serebii you lied to me whyyyyyyyyyy. Nvm.

Anyway if you're still here I should probably stop wasting your time by rambling and get on with the damned thing. It's not long or anything, just a quick oneshot. A drabble, really.

Spoiler: show
BeachShipping- Partner's Plight

It was long ago that I met her.

She came from nowhere, someone nobody knew, and who knew nobody. If fate had only chosen to be a little more cruel, she would of never survived, would of perished before she had even known the hand she had been dealt, left defeated without any chance of rescue, unmourned and unknown. But, fate didn't, and so she didn't. Instead, a pocket of good luck was afforded to the one who had gone so long without. In a place seen by all, yet known only by me, we met. Her, alone, helpless, and afraid in a world she didn't know. And me, helpless, afraid, and so, so alone in the world which was the only one I knew. Yet, that day was the one that would thrust us both into the world unknown to us both- I was left helpless and dejected, but she helped me. Thrust into a strange place, she helped a stranger. A loser.

A monster.

Even then, she blazed ahead, putting herself into danger to help me. She restored my pride, and together we made a promise- we swore to always be there for eachother, a promise I like to think is still remembered by the waves and the sand we swore it upon.

I suppose that it is no surprise that the one I found in my favorite place would become my favorite person.

Together we faced many a challenge- We conquered strange lands, and defeated our own fears; we rescued those without hope, and saved ourselves from loneliness; we toppled great beasts spoken of only in legends, and in turn wove a legend of our own. I faced down her past, and she uncovered my future. Together, we corrected the very force which kept the world in time, and saved the world from the darkness which wished to devour it. It seemed nothing could stop us.

The times things almost did were the times I realized just what I felt.

She led us to what would stop the end of the world, knowing fully well that it would also mean the end of her existance. The triumph I felt at saving the world changed instantly to regret the moment she told me the truth- I wanted to undo everything, to forsake the world to destruction, to forgo the very foundations of the world; If only it could bring her back. But then I looked into her eyes, and knew what she wanted. I had to continue living. For the both of us. To enjoy this new future we had worked so hard to earn. One day passed. Then another. And another. Each day I kept our team at full capacity, doing the work two would do as one. But every night, I would gaze at the stars above me, and wonder what could of been. Until, one day when the world seemed to stand still. Peace was, for a moment, here. Everything was in order, and it all seemed worth it. Until I went home. Not the guild. Not the house which had protected me for much of my life. But home. The place I found her. The place our destinies were wound together. And I remember. All that had been given up to get to this point. All that had been sacrificed. All that had been Forgotten. And that was when I knew- I wanted to take it all back. If I could only see here for one more day, the world could burn for all I cared. Let a thousand years of disaster strike, if I could have but one more second to hear her speak my name. And... my wish was granted. She was back. But the world did not burn. The sky did not turn black with dread. Everything was... Perfect.

But I couldn't tell her why.

But every wish must have a price- every miracle must bring a disaster. And this one was the greatest yet. A greater threat than any before was revealed- And this time, it seemed we were the cause. Yet, this price was still one I was willing to pay. I was ready to vanish, to disappear from existence.

If only because she would be there with me too.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 09-26-2013 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Found out the name of the ship
Old 09-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Hurrdurr

Perhaps making something non-metallic would be a good idea. Yes.
Quote:

Last edited by Kindrindra; 09-27-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Albert Munsell, crushing dreams from beyond the grave since 1918.
Quote:

Last edited by Kindrindra; 09-27-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Is this (and the previous post) for any project in particular, or is it just practice?

Also - this is a general point that just happens to apply to your post - it might help with work that small to post an enlarged version in addition to its actual size, so we can get a better idea of what's going on. Like this!

Old 09-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

I'm... Not actually sure. Kinda a little of both, I guess. ._.

Mmm, that's a good point- Thanks for the pointer!
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction