UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Hanatori
Skippy.

Togepi Cryptic Untitled UPN Easter Project (2012)

Hey, kids!

Oh god, she's up to something again.
Relax, it (once again) has nothing to do with the upcoming UPC, though I will be expecting those of you in FB to vote Pinaclsaur in August or September or whenever it is.

Is this going to be like the Christmas thing again? That was fun.
Nope, not really. This is something quite different, a fair shot smaller, and does not involve requests.

Are the writers going to be in this, too?
Nope, sorry. A writers-only project might take place later this year to compensate.

So what is it, then? Please convince me before I go back to Ponies/Avatar/Homestuck
You're going to draw Pokemans for me.

Do I have to be good at drawing to do this?
Absolutely not, though we will encourage that the drawings look like the Pokemon in question. =3=

What's in it for me?
You'll find out later.

This sucks, just tell me what you want so I can go back to reffing/bubbling ffs
Okay!

What to submit: Pokemon sketches, perhaps adhering to some vague Easter theme! Not finished works, mind. No color needed, just good old-fashioned lines, baby. Not finished lineart, though. Just sketches. And don't just draw your #1 favorites.
How many: Anywhere from 1-5 sketches of individual 'mon. You can include a couple of groups of ~2-3 'mon in there if you want, as long as they're interacting.
Any size/program/format preferences? Any program (or just a good old fashioned pen/pencil/paper hybrid) is allowed for these sketches. All we ask size/format-wise is that it's not too small (no smaller than about 400x400) and not compressed to hell and back; a PNG or good-quality .jpg would be best.
Do we have to post in this thread to let you know we're submitting? You don't have to, but you can say so if you want. But absolutely DO NOT tell anyone what you're drawing.

All sketches are due by Wednesday, April 11! Submit them to me via PMs. Then, on Easter Sunday, you're going to find out just what's going on here! Any questions or comments can go in this thread, and if you want to say you're participating, that's cool. Just don't tell us what you're drawing.

Last edited by Hanatori; 03-28-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Hanatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Shroomish Shroomish says: This is my eager face!

If anyone ever asks questions that way I'd like to punch them in the face for being so rude to Hana~

Is there any way to extend the deadline just a little bit though? Even if it is a little less than 2 weeks, some people who want to participate might be a little crunched for time. MUST START THINKING UP IDEAS WOOO~

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
Maybe I might do this?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
Hanatori
Skippy.

Swadloon Swadloon sez: Does THIS look uneager to you?

>Is there any way to extend the deadline just a little bit though?

I'd be cool with extending the deadline to Easter Sunday (the 8th) if you guys want. The main reason I said the 4th was because I wanted the actual reveal to coincide with Easter Sunday, but I'd rather have the whole thing turn out well.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I might do this actually. I have a couple of Pokemon I can draw somewhat well. Need to find a scanner though.

Keep in mind, this is tentative plans.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

I may try it, though my drawing skills leave a lot to be desired.

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
i may consider?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #8
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Gonna go ahead and extend the due date by a week so anyone planning to participate has more time.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Weeks after the Plum Narrator posted her cryptic Easter project, she digs a thread out of the rubble and launches it back into the oh screw it let's just get to the meat of this

Good sirs and madams, it has come to my attention that I didn't get a lot of entries, and thus the second phase of this contest will be delayed. So why do I post? To call for ideas! Yes, PM me some bleepin' ideas. Now more general Spring-themed ideas, but keep it very simple. Like... a Hoppip bouncing a ball off her head, or a Whimsicott showing off a new hairstyle, or a Poliwag rolling down an incline. One 'mon doing a simple action. You'll find out where this is going... EVENTUALLY!

tl;dr: Sketch submission period is over. Send me very simple ideas via PMs. You have until the 20th, but submit quickly because I'm going to close submissions if I hit fifteen ideas received. It's now a general Spring theme. Over and out.

Last edited by Hanatori; 04-13-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Hanatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

C'mon, people. She shouldn't have to beg. I believe in our community! So let's not let Hana down. All you have to do is come up with an idea, any idea, that is spring-themed and Pokémon-themed. Anything.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #11
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Is the one on the right a panda or a polar bear? XP ^~
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #12
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
A Spinda and a Piplup having a picnic? .-.

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #13
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

All right, so I said in a place or two that this project is kind of dead and gone. But I figured I'd at least share a quick image detailing what would have become of the submitted sketches and ideas. Basically, they would have been combined into a large group picture and inked over by me or someone else, and people would have guessed who originally drew what part.

Original artists for each bit:
The Spindas and two guys = Talon
Oddish = Kuno
Buneary/Exeggcute = Daisy
Empoleon = Coolz

In hindsight, it may have been a better idea to step into the Artchat thread and say, "Yo, fanartists! We should totally do a giant group image together where we all contribute one Pokemon at a time." Or something like that. Something different than "Hey, I'm gonna ask you to contribute sketches and not tell you why you're doing this!" At least be more transparent about it, anyhow. tungsten

In any case, a big thanks to those who contributed, or wanted to contribute.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction