UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 12-26-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Zorchic
Boulder Badge

Lucario The Adventures of Jake Celeste

Here are some stories about Jake Celeste and his Pokémon. In this collection, you can find backstories, adventures, and even stories detailing the everyday life that Jake and his Pokémon go through! For now, it is still being developed, but soon, more stories will be added. Enjoy!

Note: Please do not post in this thread.
  • An Encounter in the Spectral Forest
    A chance encounter in Jake's own Spectral Forest resulted in Jake adding two Ghost-types to his team.
  • Small But Big
    An encounter with two huge, or not-so-huge, Water-types, turns out to be much more than that. Jake encounters a new, fearsome organization in the process.
  • Ego Inflation Problems (Coming Soon)
    Jealousy flares up when Charmander bests Lucario in a training battle, whereas Buizel was unable to. The two have to settle their differences once and for all when an invasion is attempted on Jake's Secret Base.

Last edited by Zorchic; 03-26-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Zorchic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
Zorchic
Boulder Badge

Phantump An Encounter in the Spectral Forest

It was a clear day, nearing dusk, in the Campus of the Tech and Psychic. That was where Jake Celeste and his family lived. Jake himself was training with his Buizel at another battlefield that was not the Palossand Stadium. This generic battlefield was the one closest to the edge on the property, in particular, near the spooky Spectral Forest.

"Buizel, try out your Icy Darts technique!" commanded Jake. He and his Pokémon partner, the Water-type Buizel, stood on one side of the battlefield. On the other side was a giant target. "Icy Darts" was another name for the special way that Jake had Buizel use Razor Snow.

"Bui...zel!" grunted the Sea Weasel Pokémon as he spun his tail, releasing razor-sharp snowflakes at the target. They flew at the circle and stuck into the sturdy cardboard-hay combination.

Jake clapped. "Good job, Buizel. You still might need to work on your accuracy, though...not one of those projectiles hit the bull's eye."

"Buizel," Buizel sighed, tired. He was training to utilize Ice-type moves as well as he used Water-type moves.

"Now, how about you try a Quick Freeze?" added Jake. "Quick Freeze" was when Buizel combined his Quick Attack with his Ice Punch.

Buizel nodded, concentrating intensely. His fists glowed white with super-cold energy, and he leaped into the air, executing a fast, icy, straightforward attack. To Jake's and Buizel's delight, Buizel hit the smack center of the target, smashing a huge hole in it.

"Nice!" commented Jake.

Suddenly, a rustle came from the trees nearby. Buizel abruptly sat up and raced toward the Spectral Forest. He pried open the bushes.

"Wait!" Jake called. He ran, breathing hard, after the Sea Weasel Pokémon. What the both of them saw was an incredibly lucky sight.

~~~

"Haunt, Haunt!" said one of the figures, a Ghost- and Poison-type that floated above the ground.

"Ha, take that!" said another Pokémon that was playing with the first one. It looked like a Pikachu, only severely deformed. The mysterious figure's wooden tail glowed green and it swung it at the Ghost Pokémon.

"Hee hee!" laughed the Ghost Pokémon, catching the tail in its floating hands and dangling the "Pikachu" upside down. Both of the Pokémon seemed to be enjoying it. Intrigued, Jake scanned the two with his Pokédex.

Haunter, the Gas Pokémon. A Ghost- and Poison-type. If you get the feeling of being watched in darkness when nobody is around, Haunter is there.

Spooky, Jake thought to himself. This one is friendly, though.

Mimikyu, the Disguise Pokémon. A Ghost- and Fairy-type. It wears a rag fashioned into a Pikachu costume in an effort to look less scary. Unfortunately, the costume only makes it creepier.

Oh, Jake thought. This one seems happy enough. It's actually capable of human speech! Perhaps I should say hi. He slinked into the clearing.

"Hi," said Jake, waving feebly. "I'm Jake Celeste! How do you do?"

The two Pokémon turned to look at him. Haunter dropped Mimikyu, but the Disguise Pokémon was the first one to speak.

"H-hey there," replied Mimikyu. "I'm Mimikyu, and this is my friend, Haunter. Haunter's been like a big sister to me. We're looking for a place to call home. This forest is too lonely."

"Oh," said Jake, as Buizel quietly came up behind him. "Here's my partner, Buizel. We're like best friends. Don't worry, I won't hurt you. Wanna come with me?"

"Bui?" Buizel commented. He pointed out that unlike most Pokémon, Mimikyu could speak human language.

Jake nodded at Buizel, and then the two Ghosts. "We'll help be you guys' friends."

"Haunta!" Haunter smiled.

"We would love to join you," Mimikyu translated. "Haunter wants to join your party. However, I'd like a different home."

"No problem," answered Jake. "I can take you and Haunter with me, and we'll help find you a new home. How's that?"

"Thanks, Jake!" Mimikyu said gratefully.

Jake pulled out a Pokéball and tossed it at Mimikyu, who entered it without hesitation. After no shakes, Mimikyu was caught! The Ghost- and Fairy-type promptly reappeared out of the Ball in excitement.

The Aura Guardian-in-training did the same with Haunter, who was also caught with no shakes. Afterwards, she popped out of the ball...and began to glow.
Code:
What?  Haunter is evolving!

...!

Congratulations!  Your Haunter evolved into Gengar!

*Gengar learned Perish Song!*

*Gengar learned Reflect Type!*

*Gengar learned Lick!*

*Gengar learned Hex!*
Jake took time to register the new sight in front of him. Haunter had evolved into Gengar!

"All right!" Jake ran and hugged Gengar. "I have just caught a newly-evolved Gengar...and a talking Mimikyu!"
Buizel and Mimikyu jumped up in celebration, and Gengar gave a toothy smile.

Last edited by Zorchic; 01-25-2020 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
Zorchic
Boulder Badge

Sharpedo Small But Big

"Woohoo!" Jake shouted. "Yeah!" He was on his surfboard, waterboarding along the Sea of Fizzytopia a ways off from his Secret Base. With the help of his Staravia, who was flying in front and pulling a rope that Jake held, Jake skimmed the surface on top of his surfboard.

Staravia was unlike others of his kind. His plumage was Swellow blue where there should be brown, because of his Trainer's strong aura. The bird Pokémon was fine with it; he thought it made him extra special.

Of course, sea spray wet Jake the whole time, but he had his wet suit on, should there be an accident. Jake truly enjoyed the freedom that being on the sea gave him. "Alright, Staravia, veer a little to the left, will ya? I'm gonna try out my whirlpool technique!"

"Staravia!" cawed the Normal- and Flying-type, ready to comply. He started flying in a circle, taking Jake along with him. Soon, the two were spinning in a spiral, and Jake's surfboard made the surface like a whirlpool.

"This is great!" Jake exclaimed. "Keep it up—whoa!"

Something giant reared up right below Jake, sending him and Staravia tumbling into the surf. Jake acted fast and recalled the Starling Pokémon to protect his delicate feathers from getting wet. He grasped his surfboard and pressed a button, shrinking it and the rope into a keychain that he slipped inside one of his watertight wet suit pockets. Then, he pulled on his swimming mask and dove underwater.

Though there was a lot of life underwater, Jake set his sights on one Pokémon only: a massive Wailord that was chasing a large school of Wishiwashi.

"I'll save you, Wishiwashi!" Jake cried, swimming as fast as he could after them. Fortunately, Wailord was slow and Wishiwashi even slower, so he was able to catch up. He pulled out a Cherish Ball and called out his Buizel.

Buizel looked up at him with a questioning look, as he couldn't speak underwater. Jake could, because his mask had a layer of air that allowed his words to be heard.

"Buizel, I need you to stop Wailord from swallowing that school of Wishiwashi!" Jake explained, pointing.

Buizel nodded in understanding. His tail spun like a propeller as he zoomed toward the Wishiwashi. He took his place between the Small Fries and the giant whale. Just before the Wailord moved in to swallow the school whole, Buizel fired a bright green Energy Ball into the Float Whale Pokémon's open mouth. The Water Pokémon roared in pain, allowing Buizel and the Wishiwashi to make their getaway.

When the Wailord was out of sight, the school of Wishiwashi dispersed. The individual fish swam excitedly around Jake and Buizel and carried them to the surface as thanks.

"You're welcome," Jake replied.

"Bui, Buizel," Buizel added, spitting out a bit of water.

"Wishiii!" cried the fish Pokémon. "Washiii!" They swam urgently around Jake and Buizel. It seemed as if they were trying to tell them something.

"What is it?" Jake asked.

The school of Wishiwashi formed an arrow in the direction of a boat far away from shore. Jake could hardly make it out.

I don't see any danger, Buizel thought, squinting.

"Wait..." Jake squinted some more as the boat came closer. "They're carrying something in a net! It's the Wailord!" The Trainer was right. The larger-than-average fishing boat was towing a net just under the water—the Wailord from before.
"Why in the world are they trying to capture a Wailord?" Jake wondered. "Guys, we have to stop them!"
"Buizel!" Buizel agreed.
"Help us, Wishiwashi!" Jake pleaded.
"Wishiwaaash!" replied the group, speeding towards the boat with Jake and Buizel sitting on top, thanks to the current they generated. They came to a stop right in front of the boat.
As the Small Fry Pokémon swirled underneath him, Jake shouted, "Stop right there! What do you think you're doing!?"

There were three men on board. Each of them wore an outfit that was blackish-gray, with a red R in the middle. "None of your business!" snapped the one in the middle.

"Scram, kid! We don't need you," added the one on the left.

"Actually, you do," Jake answered slyly, keeping his cool, though not for long. "You need my help to tell you that it's a stupid decision to try and capture a Wailord for no reason. Let the Pokémon go!"

"Never!" yelled the man on the right. "Our boss needs it! He'll make a big grand boat with it, and we'll be the ones to run it!"

"And I say absolutely not!" Jake screamed. He was mad now. "Buizel, hit 'em with Sonic Boom!"

"Bui...zel!" cried the Water-type. He jumped up in the air and spun his tail, releasing a powerful shockwave towards the criminals. The force of the move knocked them over, but when they got up, they were furious. And so was Jake.

"You wanna battle?" the man on the left snarled. "Fine! We'll blast you off at the speed of light!" He held a Pokéball in his right hand.

"Team Rocket, that's who we are!" yelled the man in the middle, pulling out a Pokéball of his own.

"We're grunts!" shouted the one on the right, brandishing a Pokéball as well. "Surrender now or prepare to fight!"

"No way!" shouted Jake. "You wanna fight? We'll fight too!"

"Wishiwashi!" hissed the school of fish underneath Jake and Buizel. They swam out from under Jake and Buizel and rose out of the water, now in School form. The big jaws of the monstrosity clamped down on the rope holding the net to the boat, snapping it and freeing the Wailord. The angry whale rose out of the water and spewed out a Water Spout, dousing the Team Rocket grunts.

"Arrgh!" complained the grunt on the left. "I've had enough! Gyarados, go!" He threw out his Pokéball, and out emerged a draconic, serpentine Water Pokémon.

"Seaking, you too!" called the grunt in the middle, throwing his Pokéball. A horned fish Pokémon came out and landed in the water next to the Gyarados.

"You guys have such strong Pokémon," fumed the last grunt, "and I've tried to evolve mine for a week with no success! Don't fail me, you stupid thing!" He slammed his Pokéball on the deck of the boat, and a Seel burst out. It landed in the water, angry as its Trainer.

Jake opened his mouth to give an order to Buizel, but before he could, Staravia burst out of a Pokéball in his pocket. With all his might, he flapped his wings hard, whipping up a Whirlwind at Team Rocket. The fierce winds caught the boat and the grunts' Pokémon, blowing them all away and high into the sky, far away from Wailord.

Once Jake could comprehend what happened, he turned to Staravia. "I can't believe it, you learned Whirlwind!" he exclaimed.

"Avia!" Staravia celebrated.

The Wishiwashi and Wailord slapped fins, thanking each other for their great deeds. It seemed that they were now friends! With that, both disappeared into the water. Right before it left, Wishiwashi winked at Jake. They had formed a bond, as well, but it was time for them to go on their way.

"Alright, guys," said Jake to Staravia and Buizel. "It was a long day. Ready to head home?"

The two Pokémon gave their approval.

"Okay! Then let's get going!" exclaimed Jake, pulling out his keychain and activating surfboard mode. He and Buizel hopped on, and Staravia grabbed the rope. Together, they zoomed back towards shore.

~~~

A hundred meters away, a school of Small Fry Pokémon poked its head out of the water, looking at Jake and his Pokémon. The huge mouth curled into a smile, and as Jake went out of sight, the Water-type school sunk into the depths. They would find that Trainer again, they promised to each other.

(OOC: Using 6 Rare Candies on my Staravia, raising him from level 17 to level 23!

Staravia learned Endeavor!
Staravia learned Whirlwind!
)

Last edited by Zorchic; 03-25-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade