Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Old 09-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #626
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberBlastoise View Post
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You send out Hotstuff for one quick burst past the second and final gate. The gate of electricity opens up, giving the Charmeleon the edge he needs to get through, digging into the metal cube with his reinforced Metal Claws, he uses what Strength he can muster to quickly cross over the barrier, but as was predicted, the Charmeleon just does not have enough speed. Luckily to compensate for that you had both Geddy and Tex at the ready. The Electric and Bug-typed, respectively Pokemon unleash their thunderbolts to disrupt the electricity inside the holes.

Hotstuff manages to get across, but not before a small spark blasts his on the tail. It was not the full brunt, so he will survive easily. Using the adreneline, he quickly pushes the box onto the button. More confetti falls down on top of the Charmeleon, giving the Fire-type a sense of accomplishment and self-worth, as is the proper response to any test subject. He is rewarded with a silver key, a step up from the brass key you obtained earlier.

"Congratulations, test subject on knowing the proper moves to get through this test...or to be smart enough to be born as a Water and Ground type, I dunno, our scientists will forever love your contributions to science. Not as much as the guys that didn't make it, obviously, as failure is what brings science forward. Anyways, enough about you, let's get you on to the next test, shall we?"

The two gates both shutdown, letting all three of your Pokemon and you an easy pass back to the initial doorway. The doorway opens up and you find the Ditto looking at you with impatient eyes...but behind it is a different scene altogether. Now, the areas you have been to before were not exactly clean, but this place was a wreck. Before this, even though Dr. Johnson mentioned scientists, there had been no hide nor hair of any other people. Well, you found them. Lying in a giant room filled with catwalks that had long since collapsed onto the ground, you see several bodies, skeletons, in fact, judging by the scorch marks around them, it's possible that a fire type attack did them in. In this state of decay it is hard to tell exactly what happened, however. All of them were wearing the signature Team Rocket uniform, however. It is easy to tell that this was not always one large room but rather something destroyed the walls between them, something powerful.

The Ditto goes around the bodies and goes through a large hole in a wall. On the other side is a hallway. The Ditto goes under a door that says "Dr. Johnson, CEO Office". The door itself is locked, but unlike before, this one was not reinforced and is easily taken down. On the other side, you find the mummified remains of a man in a business suit, all of the liquid drained out of him, leaving his body preserved, unrotted. The Ditto points to a button.

What Will you do?
Big watches with held breath as Hotstuff charges forward, shoving the box with all the strength he could muster. However, Big was counting the seconds and knew that at the pace he was going the electricity would spark back up before he would make it. Luckily Tex and Geddy were at the ready and blasted out their thunderbolts to force the electricity to follow their blasts to the back of the chamber. Unfortunately, the technique wasn't perfect, Tex's lack of battle experience in using the move would mean that a bit of the electricity zapped Hotstuff's tail. A shallow hit and the fire type would only let out a grunt of pain but he manages to push the box onto the button, releasing yet another bit of confetti. Big lets out a sigh of relief as the traps stop. "Good job everyone. Let's keep moving." He quickly goes and takes the key from Hotsuff and unlocks the door where the ditto went. Big's eyes light up when he sees the small pink pokemon but then widen when he sees the horrific scene behind the ditto. Geddy gives a "Eugh" noise and taking that cue Big recalls the electric type, while Tex simply turns up at the bodies, muttering something in the vein of the rockets getting what they deserved. Hotstuff simply stands with Big and narrows his already intense eyes. "A fire type did this." The Charmeleon says simply. Big nods. "Probably but we can't be sure." He looks to the giant hole in the wall that turned two rooms into one with a bit of worry. "But let's just keep moving, follow the Ditto you two, it seems it's trying to show us something." The trio follow the ditto into the office of the now infamous Dr. Johnson. "Welp, I guess its a little bit of a relief we don't have to fight such an entertaining sounding guy." Big comments off-handedly, though he wonders what could have mummified a body this way. His first thought is Gorebyss, which is said to be able to suck liquids out of prey but it seemed unlikely that it would be here without any water around. The ditto gestures to a button and without anywhere much else to go Big presses it looking around to see what it did.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:21 PM   #627
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You push the button the Ditto was pointing at. A nearby monitor activates although the visuals are just a bunch of static you can hear the familiar voice of Dr. Johnson and a third party, someone who you think you heard the voice of before, but can't quite place where.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Dr. Johnson demands. "This is an outrage! Don't you know who I am?!"

"Oh, doctor," the second voice sneered, "but of course I know exactly who you are. The boss sends his condolences, but that's what you get for running a failure of an operation."

"F-Failure?! but, look we're on the verge of success! Look, we already have the genetic masterpiece!"

"Hah! you call that shrimp, a genetic masterpiece? You're supposed to be breeding fighting machines, not play scientist. This thing is so docile."

The Ditto gives a very sad look at the man's words.

Dr. Johnson continues, "But it was bred with the genetics of the most powerful Pokemon our lab has to offer. Surely, the boys upstairs can work with it."

"I don't think you understand. My orders are absolute. Everyone involved with Project: MewTwo, is to be terminated. No witnesses can be left, and I'm supposed to bury this lab, luckily with it mostly underground, that will be a cinch. All that's left is to take care of you, my loud-mouthed friend." You hear a Pokeball unleashed.

"DUSCLOPS!" the Pokemon yells.

"Tell me, Johnson, do you know what happens when one looks inside a Dusclops?"

"No...nooooo!" You can hear the sounds of a visible struggle.

You can also make out the sounds of a terrified Ditto. Then suddenly, a second Dusclops, higher pitched makes a roar. You can hear an energy blast of some sort.

"So you do have some fight in you, after all. Not that it matters, Dusclops sucked out all his life force anyways. Would sucked up the evidence too, but I suppose one of his other experiments will do the trick. Dusclops, do me a favor and use Shadow Punch on that wimp."

Another energy sound and silence. "Let's see if this Electrode is as powerful as the good doctor claims."

A loud explosion sounds in the background before the transmission is cut. You can see the Ditto is visibly upset. It wants revenge on the bastard who killed the only master it had ever known. And its wish was about to be granted when you hear the sound of slow clapping. King, the man who you saw at the top of the elevator walks into the room.

"Gotta hand it to ya, you certainly can cause a guy some trouble. Thought I buried this thing for good, but then I had an awful feeling in my stomach. Turns out it was just some punk snooping around in this abandoned lab." He turns to look at the mummified Dr. Johnson. "Old fool was so narcissistic I must've missed one of his recording devices. Now that you know about Project: MewTwo, I'm afraid you're gonna have to die too. It really is nothing personal. You can blame him for your death in the afterlife."

He pulls out his Dusclops and sends it out. "Dusclops, use Mean Look, we can't let him escape. Then use your Shadow Punch to blast him."

What Will you do?

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:27 AM   #628
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: You push the button the Ditto was pointing at. A nearby monitor activates although the visuals are just a bunch of static you can hear the familiar voice of Dr. Johnson and a third party, someone who you think you heard the voice of before, but can't quite place where.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Dr. Johnson demands. "This is an outrage! Don't you know who I am?!"

"Oh, doctor," the second voice sneered, "but of course I know exactly who you are. The boss sends his condolences, but that's what you get for running a failure of an operation."

"F-Failure?! but, look we're on the verge of success! Look, we already have the genetic masterpiece!"

"Hah! you call that shrimp, a genetic masterpiece? You're supposed to be breeding fighting machines, not play scientist. This thing is so docile."

The Ditto gives a very sad look at the man's words.

Dr. Johnson continues, "But it was bred with the genetics of the most powerful Pokemon our lab has to offer. Surely, the boys upstairs can work with it."

"I don't think you understand. My orders are absolute. Everyone involved with Project: MewTwo, is to be terminated. No witnesses can be left, and I'm supposed to bury this lab, luckily with it mostly underground, that will be a cinch. All that's left is to take care of you, my loud-mouthed friend." You hear a Pokeball unleashed.

"DUSCLOPS!" the Pokemon yells.

"Tell me, Johnson, do you know what happens when one looks inside a Dusclops?"

"No...nooooo!" You can hear the sounds of a visible struggle.

You can also make out the sounds of a terrified Ditto. Then suddenly, a second Dusclops, higher pitched makes a roar. You can hear an energy blast of some sort.

"So you do have some fight in you, after all. Not that it matters, Dusclops sucked out all his life force anyways. Would sucked up the evidence too, but I suppose one of his other experiments will do the trick. Dusclops, do me a favor and use Shadow Punch on that wimp."

Another energy sound and silence. "Let's see if this Electrode is as powerful as the good doctor claims."

A loud explosion sounds in the background before the transmission is cut. You can see the Ditto is visibly upset. It wants revenge on the bastard who killed the only master it had ever known. And its wish was about to be granted when you hear the sound of slow clapping. King, the man who you saw at the top of the elevator walks into the room.

"Gotta hand it to ya, you certainly can cause a guy some trouble. Thought I buried this thing for good, but then I had an awful feeling in my stomach. Turns out it was just some punk snooping around in this abandoned lab." He turns to look at the mummified Dr. Johnson. "Old fool was so narcissistic I must've missed one of his recording devices. Now that you know about Project: MewTwo, I'm afraid you're gonna have to die too. It really is nothing personal. You can blame him for your death in the afterlife."

He pulls out his Dusclops and sends it out. "Dusclops, use Mean Look, we can't let him escape. Then use your Shadow Punch to blast him."

What Will you do?
Big tilts his head in interest as he listens to the audio recording that plays out involving the good Doctor and a familiar voice that Big can't immediately place. The Ditto seems sad at a good portion of it, especially when it is put down, as it seemed to have been there as well, with the unknown voice addressing it directly and then the sounds of a fight break out before the recording cuts out and Big feels a chill go down his spine as he realizes how Johnson got mummified. "Mewtwo... The legendary pokemon?" He says softly. And the chill only grows stronger when he hears the clapping of King, who informs Big that he intends to not let him out of here alive. "Well Ditto, I get the vibe you are putting off, and I guess we get the chance to get revenge sooner rather than later." He says glaring down the man and his Dusclops. "Sorry, we have more to do so we can't afford to die here. Hotstuff, Tex, you ready?" He calls out to his pokemon. The charmeleon steps forward and cracks his claws. "Ready." Tex steps forward as well with a nod and for once no hint of sass. Big looks to the ditto, "You have the best shot against this little buddy, I don't have my own ghost with me right now. But you will also be put at the most risk, taking on the ghost type yourself. So if you don't want to fight I won't blame you. But I am a pretty good strategist if you agree." He turns his attention back to the opponents. This might be the strongest pokemon we've fought since the Abomasnow. We've gotta be careful. We don't have Mysteria but we have a few dark moves that we will have to rely on. But I know that dusclops has a ton of moves, including disable, so maybe we shouldn't show our hand right away. "Ok! Tex! Start off with String shot to slow it down and follow up thunderbolt. Keep her at a distance while... "Hotstuff! Get in close with aerial ace and follow up with fire blast so close you can't miss!"

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #629
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: The Dusclops is the first to act as it looks at you very meanly. You can feel yourself frozen to the battlefield, there is no escape, there is no hope, that is what the Dusclops' stare tells you. Even so, you decide to do the only thing you can, fight back. You send out both your Grubbin and your Charmeleon into the fray and issue your commands.

The Bug typed Pokemon starts off with a String Shot that covers the Dusclops. It sticks to the walls and to the ground, while it does not immobilize the Pokemon, it does at least slow it down considerably.

Unfortunately for you, it does not need to move to use its Shadow Punch, which cleanly hits Tex dealing a devastating amount of damage. It's clear that the Dusclops is way overleveled compared to Tex. She winces in pain, but is still at least capable at fighting. The Dusclops seems to find the small worm amusing, as it has a slight chuckle, a much big departure from its always-serious trainer counterpart.

Hotstuff used Aerial Ace to close in on Dusclops hitting it cleanly dealing a not insignificant amount of damage. Then he opens his mouth to unleash a Blast of Fire. This connects very easily dealing a much more considerable amount of damage compared to the Aerial Ace, though this move seems to anger the Dusclops more than anything.

"Okay, enough playing around, Dusclops use Disable on that Fire Blast while you still can. Then, Shadow Ball the Charmeleon. That's the biggest threat right now. And then use another Shadow Punch on the Charmeleon again!"

You see another blue glow off to the side, the Ditto Transforms into the Dusclops. It does not seem to irradiate the same power as your opponent, but it does at least have enough fight in it. It seems it might accept your orders.

What Will you do?

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:38 AM   #630
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: The Dusclops is the first to act as it looks at you very meanly. You can feel yourself frozen to the battlefield, there is no escape, there is no hope, that is what the Dusclops' stare tells you. Even so, you decide to do the only thing you can, fight back. You send out both your Grubbin and your Charmeleon into the fray and issue your commands.

The Bug typed Pokemon starts off with a String Shot that covers the Dusclops. It sticks to the walls and to the ground, while it does not immobilize the Pokemon, it does at least slow it down considerably.

Unfortunately for you, it does not need to move to use its Shadow Punch, which cleanly hits Tex dealing a devastating amount of damage. It's clear that the Dusclops is way overleveled compared to Tex. She winces in pain, but is still at least capable at fighting. The Dusclops seems to find the small worm amusing, as it has a slight chuckle, a much big departure from its always-serious trainer counterpart.

Hotstuff used Aerial Ace to close in on Dusclops hitting it cleanly dealing a not insignificant amount of damage. Then he opens his mouth to unleash a Blast of Fire. This connects very easily dealing a much more considerable amount of damage compared to the Aerial Ace, though this move seems to anger the Dusclops more than anything.

"Okay, enough playing around, Dusclops use Disable on that Fire Blast while you still can. Then, Shadow Ball the Charmeleon. That's the biggest threat right now. And then use another Shadow Punch on the Charmeleon again!"

You see another blue glow off to the side, the Ditto Transforms into the Dusclops. It does not seem to irradiate the same power as your opponent, but it does at least have enough fight in it. It seems it might accept your orders.

What Will you do?
As the first round of the fight unfolds Tex starts off with a string shot to slow the dusclops down. The strings seem to have their desired impact but in return the Dusclops targets her for its first attack, sending a ghostly fist her way slamming her into a desk. Big cries out in concern but she manages to get back to her feet staring down the Dusclops with a cold hatred, grown even more as the ghost seems to chuckle at her. In the meantime, Hotstuff closes the gap and with a quick aerial ace slice of his claws and a point-blank blast of fire the starter deals a decent amount of damage, even if it was less than what Big was hoping for, it was about in line with what he expected. As King gives his next orders to the dusclops Big watches as the Ditto Manages to transfrom into the Dusclops once more, albeit a much lower level. But still, this was another in Big's corner and with this, he had a fair shot of taking down the dusclops. His concern now led to if King had other pokemon... but he couldn't think about that now. He's using disable already. Time to bring out the big guns. But we better be safe in case this drags out any longer. And with it knowing mean look I have a decent Idea of the moves Ditto can use. "Ditto! Start off with Will o wisp! And then use Cu-" Big stops. No, I can't ask it to make that kind of sacrifice. Not when it isn't my pokemon. He stops himself. "Then Disable it's shadow ball." He finishes with a little less energy. He has a thought about trying for imprison, but decides it isn't worth the gamble on the Dusclops's genetics. "Tex I know you're hurting but go in for as many Bite attacks as you can land while its focused on Hotstuff. And Hotstuff you've got our trump card, use as many crunches as you can!" Big hopes that the super effective blows can bring this fight to a quicker end but Ditto's moves would be good preparation for if it goes longer.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #631
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Maskerade- You urge Daniel and Jodie to stay back, Blizzer would cover them while you tried desperately to keep this monster at bay. You can't help but feel like the outcome of this fight has already been decided. If the painting had somehow sent you back in time, were you fighting to change the future? Was that even possible? Or was the fate of everyone here already decided? Your Pokemon prepare themselves to face the Shadow Wyrm, boosting themselves to try and shorten the monumental power gap. The Elekid waves its hands, creating a thin screen of light, which would hopefully help protect your Pokemon from at least some of the Shadow creatures attacks.

As prepared as they can be, all three Pokemon launch an assault on the Shadow Wyrm. Buster's jaws snap open as he fires a torrent of scalding hot water, Breaker fires a barrage of stinging needles from his horn while Daniel's Elekid spins its arms, sending out a wave of shocking tendrils. The Shadow Wyrm barely notices their attacks. The trio try again, but once again the Shadow Wyrm seems to ignore the existence of their attacks. The giant creature edges closer to you, causing you and your Pokemon to slowly move backwards. The Shadow Wyrm's jaws snap open, letting out a wave of heat that washes over all of your Pokemon. The heat is intense, you are forced to turn as the heat threatens to sear your face like a steak. When you turn back around, you find your Pokemon already struggling to stay upright. Despite the Elekid's Light Screen, the attack had so much power that even the Water typed Buster was nearing unconsciousness. The Wyrm glares down at them with its intense eyes, causing them to become paralysed with fear! Daniel sees this and quickly recalls his Elekid into its Pokeball.

With the Wyrm edging closer, you find yourself pushed up against the door to Jodie's office. The painting inside could be your only hope of survival, but what about Daniel and Jodie?

King Ghidorah- With your Pokemon worn out after your ordeal in the quarry, you head to the Crystal Grove in hopes of finding a Pokemon Centre. Being the richer part of the city, you are right to assume that they have a Pokemon Centre. After not much searching you spot the signature red roof of a Pokemon Centre at the end of the street and quickly rush towards it, just as the street lights begin to flicker on. Inside you a greeted by a nurse, who happily takes your Pokemon away to be healed, insisting that you stay the night and collect them in the morning. After being led to a spare room, its not long before you collapse onto the bed and fall asleep.

You awake as the morning light begins to trickle in through the window. The same nurse from last night presents you with your Pokemon and you're about to make your way out the door in search of another adventure, when a rather large man steps in front of you. Looking him over, he appears to be some sort of martial artist, as he sports a gi, fastened around the waist with a black belt.

"You're not from around here", he states, "I've beaten everyone else around here, now I think its time to beat you." He retrieves a Pokeball from the inside of his gi, holding it at your eye level. "How's a best of three battle sound?" Two KO's would seal you the win, but if this guy had beaten everyone else in town, could you match it with him? "He releases the Pokemon from the ball, revealing a Hitmonlee. The Fighting type stretches its extendable legs, it was an obvious choice of Pokemon for a martial artist and was likely well trained.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #632
King Ghidorah
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- With your Pokemon worn out after your ordeal in the quarry, you head to the Crystal Grove in hopes of finding a Pokemon Centre. Being the richer part of the city, you are right to assume that they have a Pokemon Centre. After not much searching you spot the signature red roof of a Pokemon Centre at the end of the street and quickly rush towards it, just as the street lights begin to flicker on. Inside you a greeted by a nurse, who happily takes your Pokemon away to be healed, insisting that you stay the night and collect them in the morning. After being led to a spare room, its not long before you collapse onto the bed and fall asleep.

You awake as the morning light begins to trickle in through the window. The same nurse from last night presents you with your Pokemon and you're about to make your way out the door in search of another adventure, when a rather large man steps in front of you. Looking him over, he appears to be some sort of martial artist, as he sports a gi, fastened around the waist with a black belt.

"You're not from around here", he states, "I've beaten everyone else around here, now I think its time to beat you." He retrieves a Pokeball from the inside of his gi, holding it at your eye level. "How's a best of three battle sound?" Two KO's would seal you the win, but if this guy had beaten everyone else in town, could you match it with him? "He releases the Pokemon from the ball, revealing a Hitmonlee. The Fighting type stretches its extendable legs, it was an obvious choice of Pokemon for a martial artist and was likely well trained.
Hugo sized up the man in the gi, his face not doing much to hide the annoyance.

“So is this what you do? You just go around looking for strangers and threatening them? Trying to somehow assert your dominance over people who could not care less about you or who you are? And then you call out your Pokemon before they can even respond?”

Hugo narrowed his eyes at the opponent.

“Aren’t you a little old for this? Don’t you have anything better to do with your time? Do you have ANY idea what I’ve just been through? Don’t you have any empathy for anyone else? Or are you only concerned with how you feel and maintaining your reputation? As if anyone gives a shit?! Like everyone in this whole damn town sees you coming and says “Oh boy, here comes Martial Arts Gi-Wearing Douchebag! How important he is! We must all worship at his feet!”

Nobody says that. Nobody thinks about you, Martial Arts Gi-Wearing Douchebag.”

Hugo sighed deeply following the verbal dress-down.

“But fine. You and Hitmonlee here want a fight? Let’s do it. I want you to learn your place in this world. Two out of three. Whatever.”

Hugo grabbed a Pokeball and released a small, shadow-like Pokemon. The creature’s most distinguishable features were its blood-red eyes, the fact that it floated in the air, and that appeared to hold a human face with its tail. It was Yamask. His appearance seemed to bring about a chill in the air. Hugo stared angrily at the man, while Yamask observed Hitmonlee unsettlingly from the corner of its eye.

“Yamask, PSYCHIC!”

Last edited by King Ghidorah; 09-23-2018 at 04:37 PM.
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles