Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comm...dtraps_in_ocg/
Old 04-26-2022, 03:01 PM   #5877
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
The Halq play isn't new or surprising, I already do that with Ghost Ogre (and so did one of the bots).

The Maxx "C" play though is almost certainly going to get Swap Frog limited (the idiots in Reddit are wrong about it being banworthy). Genex Ally Birdman does basically the same thing and it's Limited. Swap Frog being able to bounce any searchable Level 2 from the deck means even something like Cyber-Stein can be searched, though it can't use its effect the turn searched.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-26-2022, 08:28 PM   #5878
Emi

It is definitely on a realm of scary consistent for the deck though.

I've actually been playtesting this a bit and boy...actually this deck is really good. The deck has basically four must answer cards in Blue, Jet, Gigantic, and Starter that all need to eat up a piece of interaction, Elf is surprisingly good not only for its ability to re-use Toadally Awesome and protect it from Called by the Grave, but also because it protects cards like Toadallly Awesome and Wandering Gryphon Rider from cards like Infinite Impermanence.

If you aren't opening Maxx "C", with every card in the archetype being an extender and a consistency card, its likely you need 2+ pieces of interaction to get in the way, and from experience, the deck can really consistently play through that. There isn't even a good Kaiju target.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:48 AM   #5879
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

On second thought, Toad is the problem. Just ban Toad and the entire deck becomes fair. You basically kill off a lot of Water decks that rely on Toad but that's the price for creating an archetype like this.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-27-2022, 06:29 AM   #5880
Emi

There's also a Prank-Kids and Evil Twin version which are also really powerful and just overshadowed by the Toad version.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:00 AM   #5881
Emi

I feel like I need a stronger grasp of the combos but I'm slowly getting it and boy do boards like this feel good
Old 04-27-2022, 11:54 PM   #5882
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I've still hovered at .500 in Gold 1. The server update also reset my status from 2 wins to 3 wins, and I would have made that had I not made a goof in Game 2 and accidentally activated Book of Moon.

So among the decks that I outright lost to, one was Virtual World that I opened no HT but had some board breakers...yet the opponent dropped True King of All Calamities which i was certain was banned. I broke the monsters but not the backrow, and my Draco Berserker died to the VW backrow because I didn't understand it could pop like that.

I also had a bizarre loss to Fluffals (a deck I normally crush) due to, again, no opening HT and also a misplay, accidentally going into the battle phase and missing a chance to banish their cards.

This has me wonder if Forbidden Chalice might be better in this older format than Infinite Impermanence. Imperm is obviously great at disrupting on Turn 1 but I am not running x3 Imperm due to the need for backrow removal.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-28-2022, 09:13 AM   #5883
Emi

And God said, "Let there be Splight"
Old 04-28-2022, 06:25 PM   #5884
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I'm not looking forward to a Tier 0 format unless the OCG gives us more bones like x2 HFD. I know x2 HFD is useless against Splights, but nothing changes for me in the matcup (Veiler, Imperm, Ghost Ogre, Maxx "C", Kaijus, Called are good v. it) and HFD improves my game against other decks like Snoresoul.

So uh, I hit Platinum 4 just now. Turns out that Gold 1 is the new Platinum 1 as a lot of players are smurfing there with good decks to farm gems. Who knew?

According to that subreddit as well, it looks like a new Diamond tier is coming, likely to sit above Platinum.

Also, I think Cyber Dragon might be a better board breaking deck than me just because of the contact fusion allowing them to erase monsters without triggering effects. Megafleet in particular hitting stuff in the Extra Monster Zone was impressive. The Cydra player lost to Drytron though, whereas I think had I been given the same board with the proper hand I might have defeated it.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-29-2022, 03:52 AM   #5885
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Live Twin is JUST a draw, spam, and destruction-disruption engine right?

I've lost twice to it, once was pure Live Twin, the other time was Twin Despia. Twin accounts for two of my three losses in Platinum thus far.

Twin requires two opening hand traps to deal with. Sure one can Veiler/Imperm one, but if there's a follow-up, like Live Twin Home, they get at least one draw in.

The Twin Despia deck I had no answers for the opening, so the twin player was able to hold an I.P. Masquerena and Ki-Sikil on the field. The end result after forcing the I.P Masquerna to trigger early was an Unchained monster, two Live Twins and 5 cards in hand.

Even with no HT, I was at a massive disadvantage with this and eventually lost after stalling some with Shenshen. I needed to top deck a Raigeki to beat that, and with Raigeki limited that wasn't much an option.

Interestingly, I've seen two decks run Nibiru in Platinum, and in both cases I won.

In the first case the VW player dropped it when I had Book of Moon in hand, so they ended up negging to summon Nibiru as I got a token + face down Downerd Magician. I was able to use that token to set a Thunder Dragondark under a Maxx "C" the next turn.

The second Nibiru player was a Speedroid user. The Speedroid player used a Speedroid effect in the grave, banish this card to summon a Speedroid from the hand or GY. He summoned one from the hand and passed.

I was really suspicious about this since I no longer had a Maxx "C", what gives? Wouldn't he continue to combo? So instead of wombo the next turn I held back with just a Colossus, and set Doppelwarrior.

The next turn he sets something. I summoned Baronne and then Shenshen, and his set was Maxx "C". At this point I had not revealed my hand as a Synchron player, he had only seen Thunder Dragons, Pankratops, Effect Veiler and Draco Berserker.

Why woud you set a Maxx "C" unless you had some kind of insurance in the hand? You can't see his hand in the replay but I did confirm his deck after the duel and he did in fact have Nibiru in his deck: it's the only monster he ran that couldn't be normal summon/set without a tribute.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-29-2022, 06:47 PM   #5886
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So uh, I got to play Splight Prank-Kids, and I don't understand why I couldn't run over the Splight monsters?

Dupe Frog was the only valid target I could attack with Pankratops. Now, having ROTA in hand still has me screwed, but if it was Tuning instead, I could have actually broken this field.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-29-2022, 06:51 PM   #5887
Emi

Dupe Frog forces you to attack it.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:05 PM   #5888
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Well fudge me.

In retrospect while 4 negates is kinda bad, I don't think this is too bad given the hand investment. Agnostically this doesn't look all that dissimilar to Drytron, just a whole lot fewer steps involved.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-01-2022, 11:34 PM   #5889
Emi

I think it's mostly about the consistency involved, because almost every single combo is 1-2 cards to start.

https://roadoftheking.com/splight-combo/
Old 05-02-2022, 11:01 PM   #5890
Emi

Well if you want to know how my experience is playing Drytron is going I played against the Tenyi Swordsoul AI, opened a hand of Divine and 4 Drytrons going second and they had Ashuna / Vishuda / Mo Ye / Wrym in hand

that's what we call the immediate game 2
Old 05-02-2022, 11:33 PM   #5891
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Vishuda bypasses Herald of Perfectness? I know GY effects killed the original, but I thought that little weakness was dispatched.

Why aren't Subterror meta? Actually, I need help understanding what happened.

Opponent has a face-up Subterror Final Battle and a Subterror Guru.

I normal summon Junk Synchron.

CL 1: Fiendess
CL 2: Called
CL 3: Final Battle
CL 4: Called
CL 5: Guru

Junk Synchron goes face-down and doesn't resolve. Why?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-03-2022, 04:58 AM   #5892
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Can't get out of Gold. I get people are going crazy trying to make Diamond but yeesh.

Diamond is going to be murder. I hung aroun Platinum 3 for a while. But Plat is 4 wins to advance in each category.

Gold 5 - 1: 15 wins
Platinum 5 - 1: 20 wins
Diamond 5 - 1: 25 wins

Nutty.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-03-2022, 06:06 AM   #5893
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Vishuda bypasses Herald of Perfectness? I know GY effects killed the original, but I thought that little weakness was dispatched.
Nah I went second which means they got to do the Chaofeng combo and I drew a hand of no interruptions and all LIGHT monsters
Old 05-03-2022, 06:07 AM   #5894
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I got shook.

Master Duel DQ'd me after 15 seconds of no activity. Why? Don't know. But I was facing IDS and had just been Nibiru'd, but was still going to womp all over my opponent.

This was the field where I hesitated:

Librarian was burned, so what's the best option? It looks to me like the optimal way to go is:

1. Summon Maiden, summon Level 1 with Junk Converter
2. Summon Draco Berserker
3. Summon Shenshen
4. Nuke with Raigeki
5. Summon Baronne
6. Summon Tatsunoko

But man. Hesitate for 15 seconds and I lose? =(( wtf
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #5895
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

So I lost like 9 in a row (from Gold II to Gold IV) in very hard duels and the only one I won is against a True Draco player who flips IO against me?

Something I learned about Adamancipator. If one runs imperm and intends to Maxx "C" them, don't set anything, or set the bare minimum.

I've been OTK'd so many times against Numeron that I was phobic about having no defense.

Also, and I hate to say it, but I resorted to using an Ash in place of Book of Moon now. The number of duels I am giving away due to Pot of Extravagance, Desires, Maxx "C" etc. is just way too immense. Good play doesn't go rewarded, just power.

I'm considering running x3 Tuning for the MD format. It's difficult to get a judge of what works definitively. I just don't have enough consistency to get out Zeus without the x3 Tuning.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-04-2022, 02:59 AM   #5896
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Hey UM, kind of funny. But Tearlaments are Tier 0 in any meta where Splights don't exist.

I used two Effect Veiler to stop Kalos the first time, so the field was Mirrorjade + Kalos. But one Super Poly later, it's

1. Kalos
2. Dragostapelia
3. Mirrorjade
4. Winda

Keep in mind, this is still a 'favourable' field for me, since if Dragostapelia activates Junk Synchron turns into a Level 1 and I can make Zeus here.

But I can't make Zeus over a Mirrorjade + Winda.

Branded + Shaddoll + Tearlament is a Fusion Super Deck. It basically takes all the fusion good stuff and merges it into a horrific frankenstein.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 05-09-2022, 05:45 PM   #5897
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Master Duel is literally unplayable now. :/
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment