UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
AK2
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to AK2 Send a message via Skype™ to AK2
Happy Thanksgiving!

Even though I'm not an active poster, I wanted to wish everyone a good one! Hope it's been a blast!
AK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving too, AK2.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
deoxys
Fog Badge

Thanks, you as well. It was okay, I felt too full after my first meal to have a second so I fell asleep instead of going to another relative's.

I also went to Target for their early Black Friday sale just to pick up a Micosoft points card, which I found out was a misprint in their ad, but dear lord that was my first time going out on Black Friday like that and it will also be my last. The size of the crowd pushing their way through the entrance and flooding the inside was... there was just something disgusting about it. I guess it's as one of my friends said about the irony in going out and indulging in unneeded things the day after you celebrate being thankful for what you have.

Oh well, I have leftover broccoli cheese casserole, so I'm happy.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Happy Thanksgiving, all.

I went to Walmart at like 5:30 to get some stuff for my mom and people were in line already. I wanted to come back when they officially opened at 8 just to see how it was, but I couldn't be arsed.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Patches
Shake it!

Thanksgiving was alright for me. I learned that my little brother managed getting taller than me in a matter of 5 months. And my older brother was eating a baby onion casserole thing my family makes and out of no where he goes "These brussel sprouts are delicious this is what I come here for every year!". Not sure how he confused the two but it was a good laugh.

I also got to wear my turkey hat and pose with a turkey cake so I definitely can't complain.

As for Black Friday.. I stayed at my computer and ordered things online. I've done too much of that nonsense with opening retail the last 3 years. This year was a good break.
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

My two cousins have one year old babies this Thanksgivings. They both know how to walk and vaguely how to talk.

The older of the two has amazing dexterity and thieving skills. He walked past the coffee table to would snatch up fried wontons, eat the meat inside, then drop off the fried skin. We had a few good laughs. Then he did it a dozen more times and it became a game of "No more wontons for the baby."

Then we served some sliced sausage. He stuck it in his mouth, put on a sour face, then pulled it out of his mouth and put it back on the serving dish. If it weren't so disgusting, we probably would have laughed harder.

Then after like a hour, he saw one of the slices he pulled out of his mouth and put it back in. He then remembered why it was there and put on another confused and sad face before pulling it back out. We all got good laughs.

At the end of the night, his father was eating Pumpkin pie and had some pie crust on his plate. He picks up his son to give him a kiss. As he sets the boy down, he snatches the pie crust and stuffs it into his mouth and walks away. We all saw this and laughed. His father then looked around for his plate with pie crust and got rather confused. "What happened to my pie crust?" "Your son stole it!" And then we all burst into more laughter!

This is much better than our usual hide from the adults Thanksgivings we used to have. (My aunts are crazy.)

Last edited by Loki; 11-24-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc