Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #1351
deoxys
Fog Badge

SEASON 3 SONG SHOWN AT COMIC CON PLUS LOTSA NEW S3 INFO

BORKED

-Confirmed for premiere next month

From EQD:

Spoiler: show
Trixie's return was "confirmed" with a "I think we're not allowed to say, but I will expect season three to maybe see some great and powerful stuff". after someone asked if she would be returning.

- There was a great section about Derpy. Someone asked if she would be receiving anymore speaking roles, and the response basically said Hasbro loves Derpy, they have her everywhere now, but she probably wont be able to roll with anything other than background shots. You guys scared the poor girl!

- Octavia's section was a question about "Which background pony would you like to voice?". This eventually lead to a shoutout for Octavia, where Cathy Weseluck just out of nowhere busted out an awesome voice for her, with a hint that she could do a duet with Rarity. HOLY TITS A FUCKING OCTAVIA SPEAKING ROLE WITH FUCKING SONGS HOLY BALLTITS NVJLASNVLASDNVHSA dies

-Fluttershy turning into a dragon and her cute voice coming from a giant lizard was actually mentioned by Tabitha

- They hyped Luna up, so we will probably be seeing more of her.

SWEET MOTHER OF ABRAHAM WASHINGTON I FEEL LIKE A KID ON CHRISTMAS IN HERE

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 07-13-2012 at 04:41 PM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #1352
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Another Twilight Solo? Heck Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Trixie's return was "confirmed" with a "I think we're not allowed to say, but I will expect season three to maybe see some great and powerful stuff". after someone asked if she would be returning.
Oh no, no no no no no, Sweet Celestia NO

If this turns out the way I fear, for the reasons I'm worried about, I will lose faith in both this show and this fanbase

Quote:
- Octavia's section was a question about "Which background pony would you like to voice?". This eventually lead to a shoutout for Octavia, where Cathy Weseluck just out of nowhere busted out an awesome voice for her, with a hint that she could do a duet with Rarity. HOLY TITS A FUCKING OCTAVIA SPEAKING ROLE WITH FUCKING SONGS HOLY BALLTITS NVJLASNVLASDNVHSA dies

Okay, this sounds like something I'd enjoy

Last edited by Razor Raven; 07-13-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Razor Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #1353
deoxys
Fog Badge

What? What's wrong with

Trixie returning?

I think she is one of the few characters shown that has a lot more potential and can easily be more developed on.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #1354
Sneaze
Mrow?

Oh cool, I'm finally allowed to talk about some stuff. Yay.

>Trixie

I honestly don't see a problem with her returning, I mean, she didn't do anything too bad. Sure, she talked a big game, she put some ponies down, but it's not like she was the one who brought the Ursa Minor into town. As long as the episode openly lets her redeem herself in a way that doesn't seem forced, I'm okay with it.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #1355
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

COMIC-CON EXCLUSIVE DERPY FIGURE... GETTO!

(One's for a friend.)

Missed the panel unfortunately. But I'm going to try and get Lauren Faust's signature tomorrow, as well as the director's of Gravity Falls. \o/

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 07-14-2012 at 10:29 AM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #1356
deoxys
Fog Badge

How long did you wait in line for that? You're damn lucky.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #1357
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Buying one online now as we speak. I shall not be without Derp.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:12 AM   #1358
deoxys
Fog Badge

BORKED

ANOTHER NEW SONG OHGOD SO MANY SPOILERS THOUGH BE WARNED OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #1359
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
How long did you wait in line for that? You're damn lucky.
Got up at 5:30, got there at 6. Waited an hour just to get into the convention, then about another hour and a half just to get a ticket. Mine was valid after noon, but at that time they were out of stook. Came back around 3 and they had them. \o/

It was kind of crazy/scary though since people were offering to buy extras due to limits, and I got suckered into helping one guy. He got caught and thrown out. Lucky I wasn't kicked out too. o.o;

Also saw this:

Old 07-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #1360
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Quote:
What? What's wrong with

Trixie returning?

I think she is one of the few characters shown that has a lot more potential and can easily be more developed on.
It's not her I have a big problem with, it's her fanbase, always portraying her as more sympathetic then she actually is. What "potential"? She's an arrogant bully who can't back up her outrageous claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
Oh cool, I'm finally allowed to talk about some stuff. Yay.

>Trixie

I honestly don't see a problem with her returning, I mean, she didn't do anything too bad. Sure, she talked a big game, she put some ponies down, but it's not like she was the one who brought the Ursa Minor into town. As long as the episode openly lets her redeem herself in a way that doesn't seem forced, I'm okay with it.
See, this is what I'm talking about, people gloss over just how bad her behaviour was. She talks down to her audience, is rude to her fans, and downright vicious to those who call her out on her ego. "Didn't do anything too bad"? She picked fights with ponies who didn't do anything wrong (Twilight) and goaded others into a confrontation when they were trying to avoid it (Rarity), and overall, took cruel pleasure in humiliating them.

She's an antagonist, so obviously you expect her to oppose the protagonists, that's not the problem. The problem is people gloss over her rotten personality and portray her as the victim. She would only deserve redemption had she shown redeeming personality traits the first time around, which she did not. We all know the Ursa wasn't her fault, I'm not blaming her for that. I'm blaming her for being a bully with an ego the size of Equestria

Truthfully, I would be looking forward to what she has to offer, as an antagonist, but the undeserved sympathy she gets is overwhelming
Old 07-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #1361
Sneaze
Mrow?

>RR

I completely agree with all of that, and I'm not necessarily trying to gloss over her, because I do hate when people do that. I would honestly like to see her return as an antagonist once more, and at the end of said episode have a slight change of heart, but not a full one, so that she can sort of stay a recurring character that is constantly on the verge of not know what's right or wrong.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #1362
deoxys
Fog Badge

I think it was pretty obvious that

Trixie was trying to compensate for something. In a story like that, the antagonist typically has a reason for having done so, usually involving been bullied or something. I can easily Trixie as trying to get attention more or less because she always wanted to be great but never was, or something to that effect, and let her ego get to her head. "Pride comes before a fall", etc.

I personally never cared for the opinions of those who love Trixie being too sympathetic of her (COUGHSETHISTOCOUGH), but I would love to see her become, say, the Malfoy to Twilight's Potter or the Sasuke to her Naruto.

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

Old 07-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #1363
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Got Ms. Faust's autograph on a couple of coupons for free Applejack pancakes. \o/

Didn't bring the Derpy toys because A. Too hard to carry, B. I like my mint condition. ^^; Plus I wasn't going to use these anyway.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #1364
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
>RR

I completely agree with all of that, and I'm not necessarily trying to gloss over her, because I do hate when people do that. I would honestly like to see her return as an antagonist once more, and at the end of said episode have a slight change of heart, but not a full one, so that she can sort of stay a recurring character that is constantly on the verge of not know what's right or wrong.
That actually sounds perfectly reasonable, I'm just worried that Hasbro will have her continue behaving like a jerk, while acting as though she's a sympathetic character, just because a bunch of fans have rewritten the episode in their heads to make her look more sympathetic then she actually was

Don't even get me started on the people who actually ship Twilight and Trixie together *Shudders*

Quote:
I think it was pretty obvious that

Trixie was trying to compensate for something. In a story like that, the antagonist typically has a reason for having done so, usually involving been bullied or something. I can easily Trixie as trying to get attention more or less because she always wanted to be great but never was, or something to that effect, and let her ego get to her head. "Pride comes before a fall", etc.
Or she really is just that arrogant, a rock sometimes is just a rock, it doesn't HAVE to be a long last Mayan artifact XD

She was a one-shot character intended to deliver an aesop, I doubt they meant for her to have the same depth as, say, Rainbow Dash, to whom your statement actually does apply

Quote:
I personally never cared for the opinions of those who love Trixie being too sympathetic of her (COUGHSETHISTOCOUGH), but I would love to see her become, say, the Malfoy to Twilight's Potter or the Sasuke to her Naruto.
That's how I imagine it, too, especially the former. Malfoy's a jerk, but he balks at the depths his bosses sink to. Though if memory serves, Sasuke actually has become evil (Hasn't read Naruto in a long time)
Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #1365
deoxys
Fog Badge

Sooo.... yeahhh...

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #1366
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Hope you have a good time, deo.

They should have at least one convention in the Midwest ;;
Old 07-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #1367
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Hope you have a good time, deo.

They should have at least one convention in the Midwest ;;
Surprised Chicago (city pop. size) or Indianapolis (available enormous convention centers) haven't done it yet. Perhaps the Hoosier bronies wanted to wait until after GenCon. Perhaps the Chicago bronies opted against a summer convention considering ACen is in May and the two fandoms have considerable overlap. I dunno, it just surprises me is all.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #1368
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

I'm hoping to visit Australia later this year so I can see my best friends, Muyo and ABL

With any luck, I'll also be able to visit a Brony Convention =)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #1369
RaichuRocks
My Thoughts Protect You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Raven View Post
I'm hoping to visit Australia later this year so I can see my best friends, Muyo and ABL

With any luck, I'll also be able to visit a Brony Convention =)
awesome! I know them well, so enjoy your visit
Old 07-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #1370
Razor Raven
Lonely Demon Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaichuRocks View Post
awesome! I know them well, so enjoy your visit
Heh, thank you ;) Yes, Nick mentioned being friends with you =)
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #1371
RaichuRocks
My Thoughts Protect You

you're welcome

its been confirmed for season 3

13 eppys

I hope we get some real good ones
Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #1372
deoxys
Fog Badge

>Season 3 is 13 episodes

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, HASBRO!?

You're really gonna kill this fucking show like that? You're REALLY gonna end it at like this? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...EpisodeCartoon

Last edited by deoxys; 07-26-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #1373
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
You're really gonna kill this fucking show like that? You're REALLY gonna end it at like this? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...EpisodeCartoon
But in that very same article you see numerous examples of popular shows which were renewed past their original 65 episodes. DuckTales, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman: the Animated Series, and Animaniacs are just a few from our childhoods the article mentions. Sure, there are a lot of well-loved cartoon shows on there which got canned after 65 episodes -- it was way after my time while I was in college but I understand a lot of kids loved (and still love) Teen Titans so I'm surprised to see that one on there -- but like, I don't think MLP:FiM is necessarily going to be in the same boat. If it is? Hasbro is retarded. But I'm pretty sure all of the voice actors and actresses and all of the episode screenplay writers are going to make sure Hasbro realizes how dumb it would be to prematurely kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. You should be fine, even if all signs point to them making a beeline for 65.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1374
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Given that they're starting this season about two months ahead of schedule and the entire MLP staff is still employed, I'm thinking movie.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1375
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Given that they're starting this season about two months ahead of schedule and the entire MLP staff is still employed, I'm thinking movie.
Direct-to-DVD or unprecedented cinema release?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment