Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #1252
deoxys
Fog Badge

That was pretty good.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #1253
McSweeney
Soul Badge

I've loved that Gramp Chew video for years now. It's the best out of all the Thai insurance ads. It gets me every time he starts playing the violin!

It's a shame the quality is so atrocious. I've tried to find a better version but it doesn't exist.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #1254
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Oh wow I haven't seen that in like 10 years.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 AM   #1255
deoxys
Fog Badge

http://gamejam.bossastudios.com/
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #1256
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I like the idea, but the controls were frustrating.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #1257
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
List of medical atrocities I have committed today:
-Dropped several scalpels into patient's chest cavity and never bothered to pick them up again because it was "too much effort"
-Unnecessarily destroyed every single one of patient's ribs
-Knocked patient's lungs clean out of their body as a result of violent arm-waving motions
-Employed what can only be presumed to be witchcraft to keep said lungs functioning, even after they were found to be completely disconnected from the body of patient, rolling around on the floor
-Completely ceased moving after some time, leaving patient to die from massive blood loss
-Did not wash hands

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Last edited by Spikkle; 01-30-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 AM   #1258
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikkle View Post
List of medical atrocities I have committed today:
-Dropped several scalpels into patient's chest cavity and never bothered to pick them up again because it was "too much effort"
-Unnecessarily destroyed every single one of patient's ribs
-Knocked patient's lungs clean out of their body as a result of violent arm-waving motions
-Employed what can only be presumed to be witchcraft to keep said lungs functioning, even after they were found to be completely disconnected from the body of patient, rolling around on the floor
-Completely ceased moving after some time, leaving patient to die from massive blood loss
-Did not wash hands
True story: I read an article in class yesterday that discussed medical negligence in convalescent homes, and gave examples of "never events" that included not washing hands, leaving medical instruments in a person's body and "in-vitro fertilization with the wrong sperm donor".

Everyone was super pissed after reading it. I know I was!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #1259
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Now it's my turn.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #1260
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7i1ASCS5o
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #1261
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'm not sure what the standing is on Ronald McDonald videos nowadays, but here's a really catch and well-made one.

This seems like the kind of video that everyone would know about, but lurking = a pain in the ass. Here's a stop motion DBZ action figure thing.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #1262
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZNe10q0reA
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #1263
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Love transcends even the frailty of life.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #1264
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Reading about art history --> looking up beauty on Wikipedia --> jumping over to physical beauty --> this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia's extensive article on physical attractiveness
Research has shown that most men enjoy the sight of female breasts.[98]
Research has also shown that most men go to sleep periodically.

In other related news, and not really suited for this thread but meh w/e:
Quote:
Originally Posted by same article
Perhaps people try to look more beautiful because they think it would make them happier. However, research shows that physical attractiveness seems to only have a marginal effect on happiness.[204]
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #1265
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Eat your fruits and vegetables, and close your tags after every line.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #1266
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Rappin' for Jesus

With such lines as "Jesus Christ is my nigga" spoken by two of the whitest people on the face of Planet Earth, it's hard to imagine that this is not an Onion video satirizing American Protestant pastors who try to convert the youth to Christianity by disastrously failed attempts to try and appear in vogue.

Debated whether to post this in Debate's Christianity thread or in here. Opted to go with the Going to Hell thread because this would prooooooobably be taken as trolly flamebait in the Christianity thread but everyone on both sides of the aisle will should loosen the fuck up and agree that this is hysterically bad if I post it here.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #1267
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
WHOA! There's obsessed and then there's obsessed!
Quote:
His mistake was opting for the patrol car over staying with her, if only until the cops left, and then getting the hell out of Dodge. Hoping this is a fabricated story he made just to entertain people and isn't actually drawn from his real life experiences given, well, the ending. >_<
Quote:
Saw this in my newsfeed but didn't watch it or read up on it or anything, just scrolled right on past. Only just now watched it, thanks to you. Interesting!

Not sure what exactly to make of Kai, but if he's telling the truth (and it sounds like according to the eye-witness reports that he is), then it was really a blessing that he was there for that one woman who was almost assaulted by the dude. Too bad about the guy who got pinned though. =\ Not to mention the girl in the Caiman Islands who got raped. Maybe one day she'll find out that it was her attacker who met with a grisly end from Kai's hatchet.

Quote:
Surprised it took so long / surprised the animals actually worked systematically back from mouth to neck to trunk to buttocks. I've seen decomposition videos before myself, and usually it looks like nothing, nothing, nothing, THEN SUDDENLY MAGGOTS EVERYWHERE and soon after the whole thing is gone. Also, it was hard to tell, but was this a combination fly and ant infestation, or was it only ever just flies? 'Cause it clearly starts off with flies, and clearly at the end it's still to do with flies (what with all the white maggots), but around the part with the mouth and neck (specifically after the camera seems to cut out and suddenly we see purple pellets everywhere), it almost looks like whatever is crawling around is a massive amount of ants rather than flies. Like I said, hard for me to tell.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #1268
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Gotta love the Onion.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #1269
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

My favorite Onion article.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #1270
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Dude goes on an adventure into the Amazon to get high.

I can't help but remark that he looks like Itou Kaiji. And his guide is FUNAI. It's just too funny.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #1271
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Dude goes on an adventure into the Amazon to get high.

I can't help but remark that he looks like Itou Kaiji. And his guide is FUNAI. It's just too funny.
Four minutes in: "24 minutes? D: I'm not watching all of this!"

Twenty-four minutes in: posting. -.-;

Very interesting. Dunno why people are being so mean in the comments section. I disagree with every last criticism. Some say he's faking his voice; I felt it perfectly natural. Some say he's annoying; I felt he was very chill and fun to listen to. Some say he has no business making documentaries; I feel he has a natural knack for making them. Very well-edited, very concise (conveys so much with so little said or shown), great footage, great authentic camerawork, just all around good amateur work that is right up there with professionals'. Will watch more in a bit.

Part 1 thoughts:
- dude so has malaria or hep now, I worry. D: That dude got SO bitten. That was awful. Felt so bad for him.
- wow at the squalor those river families live in
- wow at how callous his guides are towards the river folk. Feels like a caste system, practically.
- LOL "FUNAI"! And he does sort of have the long hair, long thin nose, and head shape to be a Caucasian IRL Kaiji.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #1272
McSweeney
Soul Badge

The guy doesn't look like Kaiji, but the cartoon at the start DEFINITELY does! Like wtf, I could swear that they were intentionally trying to draw him. I almost thought he was wearing his green checkered shirt too! The guy they hired to draw a little cartoon vignette at the start must secretly be a fan of Kaiji, and when he saw FUNAI in the video he decided to have a little fun, that's the only explanation.

I like how the guide ran the joke about Hamilton looking like a woman to the natives into the ground, and then when they get to the village and he tells the chief that the guy's a woman, the chief is like, "No he's not."

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
McSweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #1273
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

On the left is Katy Perry. She's 28.

On the right is 李冰冰.

She's 40.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #1274
Talon87
時の彼方へ

TV station's emergency broadcast system hacked

Finished the frog video series. It was disappointing in the end. The venom a) did not seem to be potent at all, requiring what locals considered to be a hardcore dose to have any real effect on the guy, and b) did not seem to produce anything remotely near what one could rightly call a high or a hallucinogenic experience. He just got enteric results (like compulsion to vomit, stomach pain, and diarrhea) and otherwise seemed to be mildly, mildly drunk. (And even then, only if this guy happens to be the type who gets pissed off and wants to be left alone when he's drunk. Otherwise ... )

Have never understood druggies, perhaps I never will. The man seems like a nice young man, but it blows my mind that he'd spend thousands of dollars to come to the Amazon rain forest just to get bitten to hell by mosquitos, be hungry and smelly for days, etc, all for a chance at one high. Is one high really worth several thousand dollars? And the worst part is, it didn't even live up to his expectations. So much hard work for nothing.

Makes me wonder: did they get the wrong frog? After all, it was the "shaman" and the captain who told him this was the one. What if they were lying and just picked some visibly similar frog? ^^; Hopefully the frog had distinguishing characteristics (like its gray eye color or those little speckle-bumps along the lateral ridge of its body) that the dude was familiar with from before the expedition.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #1275
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Is that zombie hack real, or was the video edited? If the former, I love how it's obviously "Anonymous" doing the hacking since the synthesizer voice is the same one used by Anonymous Credo in the Fox News investigative report from 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Have never understood druggies, perhaps I never will. The man seems like a nice young man, but it blows my mind that he'd spend thousands of dollars to come to the Amazon rain forest just to get bitten to hell by mosquitos, be hungry and smelly for days, etc, all for a chance at one high. Is one high really worth several thousand dollars? And the worst part is, it didn't even live up to his expectations. So much hard work for nothing.
Two types of people take long trips for highs: drug users and mountain climbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Makes me wonder: did they get the wrong frog? After all, it was the "shaman" and the captain who told him this was the one. What if they were lying and just picked some visibly similar frog? ^^; Hopefully the frog had distinguishing characteristics (like its gray eye color or those little speckle-bumps along the lateral ridge of its body) that the dude was familiar with from before the expedition.
Its effects were probably exaggerated, in the first video Hamilton admits that the poison doesn't stimulate the usual receptors that are associated with trips...for me, then, that pretty much equates its power to an urban legend, like the Candiru everyone was so freaking afraid of in the video.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc