UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #276
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Go North.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:06 PM   #277
Emp
Volcano Badge

Heading West

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 10-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #278
Connor
Flashbacker

Disgruntled, wondering what he had done to deserve this, Sweeney decides to head back the way he came, swearing to get revenge on the dumb bird at some point.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:22 PM   #279
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
~~~Updates~~~

King Ghidorah, lilboocorsola: You approach the armored statue and attempt to steal both the sword and the shield, but find yourself instantly repelled as the shield raises up and knocks you on your rear as it takes a defensive stance. You can feel some of the strength leave your body as you struggle to get back to your feet. The seemingly sentient armor does not seem happy about the turn in events as it then lowers its shield and raises its sword to take an aggressive stance. It would be best to get out of there before it physically removed you from the area.

~~~Locations~~~

Armored Statue: (lilboocorsola, King Ghidorah, Raves)
You come across a rather large clearing that is highlighted by a prominent statue in the middle of a soldier with a shield in one hand and a sword in the other. Your options are South, West, North, North East, or East in the direction of the spooky tree. The statue seems to be taking an aggressive stance…
*apologizing profusely to Mr. Suit of Armor, Jess hastily picks up whilst a terrified but also angry drags off by the ear as they flee again to the North*

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 10-13-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:35 PM   #280
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

Missingno. Master: It was a short walk south before an abrupt turn west to arrive back at the perch. Murkrow stares down at you and smirks.

~~~Locations~~~

The Perch: (Emp, TheKnightsFury, Missingno. Master)
A lone Murkrow sits on an old manmade perch in the middle of a clearing. Your options are East, West, or South back the way you came. “EAST,” the bird squawks as it gazes down at you.
It wasn't long before they arrived back at the perch, and as they did, there it was, smirking smugly as they returned from the land of dead ends and misery, seemingly satisfied that its objectively wrong directions had caused such frustration. Keith scowled at the Murkrow, and Willa shot it a withering glare. Autumn's real face didn't betray much emotion, but the angry sneer her pumpkin's face had contorted into, illuminated by a harsh red glow, was positively frightening.

Maribel, hands on her hips, approached the perch, a disapproving look on her face as she met the Murkrow's gaze. "I know the reputation of your kind," she said. "But I've always been taught to never judge a Pokémon based on the stereotypes. So I figured I would try being nice to you. Give you a nice, fresh Sitrus Berry, and promise you another one in exchange for legitimate help. I thought that if I treated you nicely, you would show me the same respect. I guess I was wrong," she concluded, sounding distinctly disappointed as she turned away, leading the way West.

"...That was good," Keith stated, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, wow, Maribel," Phantump murmured. "I almost wanted to apologize to you and I didn't even do anything wrong."

"That's my girl," Willa said with a small yet proud smile. "You handled that very maturely, and I'm very proud of you."

"So am I,' nodded Keith.

"Saaaur! Pumpka!" agreed Autumn.

"Thank you," Maribel smiled at the others. "Now, let's see if we can find our way out," she added, continuing onward. As they moved, it occurred to Autumn where exactly they were, and so she decided to start marking their path with String Shot, so they could make sure they knew which way they came from.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #281
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Head West!

Old 10-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #282
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

myahoo: As you passed by the fountain and made your way towards an exit, a small pair of tentacles rose out of the water. Whatever they belonged to rapidly shot out of the fountain and a blur of disorienting lights muddled your head as things became Topsy-Turvy. Without realizing it, you began to embark down a different path instead…

myahoo: Confused as to how you ended up going this way, you embarked down the eastern path, walking forward for a short distance before the trail quickly turns north and then east once more. After another short distance, the trail turns jagged, going from south to east to south to east and then south once more. Soon enough, you arrive at another clearing…

~~~Locations~~~

Defaced Statue: (myahoo, Emi)
A dirty and dingy clearing that looks like it’s seen better days. There’s an old bust of a man smashed into several pieces on the ground, unrecognizable as it’s been vandalized and scribbled over with a marker. Your options are North back towards the fountain, South, South West, West, or North West.
Hmm, well, it looks like a lot of people ended up going south from here, so let's go south.
Old 10-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #283
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Is that?... No. I refuse to believe it!

Ray exchanged a glance with Zoroark. The black fox had been changed forever by the powers at work in this maze, granted crimson eyes and infused with a unique dark power from the demon well. But Ray was the same, unchanged in every regard - he had come with hopes of stealing a haul of Pumpkasaur to sell for profit, but instead, he was now wondering if he would even make it back home. The sense of despair and powerlessness was unlike anything he'd ever felt, even when he'd been chased by entire squadrons of Police after stealing his trio of Kanto starters.

Because even then, in that hopeless situation... I had control.

That was all it was. The horrifying lack of control he'd been feeling up until this point. And now, this.

Suddenly, he felt a pat on the back. Zoroark stood by his side, calmly staring at what seemed to be the Maze Entrance.

"... You're right. Even if it is, we know our way around now. Are you with me?"

Zoroark nodded. They were together in this; and together, one way or another, they'd seize back control sooner or later.

"Gotcha. No use in turning back now... Let's see if that really is the entrance, or another trick from our lovely hosts."
Old 10-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #284
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Going north
Old 10-13-2020, 03:26 PM   #285
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

Zorchic: Walking down the pathway, you immediately make a sharp turn before heading straight for a short ways. Up ahead you see an archway leading to a clearing… it can’t be… the Maze’s Entrance? No way, do you move closer to find out?
Let's keep going and see what's in store for us.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:56 PM   #286
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

Pearl’s Perap: You examine the crown statue, taking in its ancient stone features that are covered in moss, but there is nothing too unique about it.

~~~Locations~~~
Crown Statue: (Pearl’s Perap)
A small clearing that’s only feature is a small regal-looking statue of a pointed crown. Your options are West, East, or South.
Having made a point of returning to the Crown Statue he had encountered in the peculiar dream he had recently found himself slipping in to, Zak paced around the stone podium looking for clues with his team mates following suit. This was all in vain, though, as the statue appeared rather featureless save for the mosses growing on it. Neither his Murkrow nor his Drifblim companion could see anything special with the statue either and with that they were back to square one.

“That dream I had... I was definitely here.” The man was sure he found himself in the same place, the dreamscape had been brighter but he was positive that it was this statue he had visited. As he pondered on the dream, racking his brain and trying to grasp at any escaping details, he remembered something crucial: he was heading to the West in his dream. That was before something seemed to manifest out of nowhere. A grimacing Gengar appeared in a flash, baring its fangs and waggling its tongue in a jeering taunt. Before the man had been able to react, though, the dream had ended with him awakening with a jolt.

“C’mon guys, let’s try heading West and see if we can find the spectre from my dreams. Keep your wits about you and stand your ground if it shows up - I’m going to see if it will help us find the way out of here.”

With a decision made, the trio set off into the mystery of the maze once again, the two Pokémon slightly apprehensive as if the unseen ghoul was already stalking them.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:23 AM   #287
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

>Go South
Old 10-14-2020, 12:33 PM   #288
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

~~~Updates~~~

TheKnightsFury, Emp, Missingno. Master: You head down the western path from the Murkrow’s perch. You turn north and then west again, walking in that direction for quite some time before making a u-turn east for an equal distance. You turn north, then east again, then u-turn west and move in that direction until you become completely disoriented which direction you’re actually facing. Your vision blurs and as you spin around you can only make out three options; the first, the second, and the third, each one looking the same.

Emi: You leave the defaced statue and make your way up the jagged path towards the fountain…

Pearl’s Perap: You head west from the crowned statue for a short ways with no twists or turns. You spot an old broken pillar up ahead, and as you approach it, you hear some rustling in the hedges. “GARRR!” a spectral entity cries out and grabs you, pulling you through the shadowy hedges. It cackles as it fades back into the foliage, leaving you in a dead end with nowhere to go but east.

ChrisClark13: Bewildered to where you’ve been sent to, you have little choice but to keep moving. You move to the south before the trail abruptly turns west, and it goes on for quite some distance. After a while of walking, the trail pulls a 180 and turns east. After another short distance of walking, the trail turns north into a clearing.

Zorchic: Unsure if you’re at the entrance or exit or wherever, you press onward towards the passageway. However, as you are about to cross the threshold, you bounce off of something hard and leafy, falling on your rear. Your vision begins to clear and you realize that you’ve actually been in a dead end all along. No choice but to turn back.

Connor: Annoyed and embarrassed, you make your way back to the disorienting pathway with three options to choose from.

myahoo: You head south from the defaced statue and head in that direction for a short ways until the path makes an abrupt u-turn and heads north for quite some distance. The trail then makes a quick east then west diversion before turning back north into another clearing…

King Ghidorah, lilboocorsola, Raves: You walk up the trail north of the armored statue. It is a straight shot for the most part, with a short bend to the east followed by an immediate corner to the west, and then resumes its north-south track. Up ahead is another clearing…

Maskerade: You calmly press onward through the archway, and as you do so your vision begins to clear. You look around and see a man standing there waiting for you. It was none other than Professor Palm, who smiles and welcomes you. “Good work, you’re the first one through! Now, let’s wait here for the others, there’s still some time until the ritual begins!” Congratulations on making it through the maze! Please check back on October 31st for the conclusion of the event as well as rewards!

As someone clears the exit of the maze, a low growling hiss emits from the Disorienting Corridor as the area becomes more distorted.

~~~Locations~~~

Fountain: (lilboocorsola, King Ghidorah, Raves, Emi)
A rather unremarkable clearing that’s sole feature is an old fountain. The water jets have long since ceased their functioning, but the basin is still filled with a murky water. Your options are North, East, West, or South.

Discarded Furniture: (Ironthunder)
A small resting area littered with some discarded garden furniture. There is a rusty bench next to an old table that has a leg that looks like it’s about to fall off if you feel like taking a rest. Your options are West, North, or South.

The Perch: (myahoo)
A lone Murkrow sits on an old manmade perch in the middle of a clearing. Your options are East, West, or South back the way you came. “EAST,” the bird squawks as it gazes down at you. As you look around, you suddenly notice a very creepy looking Buneary drenched in blood blocking the East exit. You have no idea where it came from, but its unblinking stare gives off very strong vibes to stay away from it.
Spoiler: show

Disorienting Corridor: (Connor, Emp, TheKnightsFury, Missingno. Master)
A simple fork in the road, but a mysterious feeling completely blocks your perception of direction. Your options are the First pathway, the Second pathway, or the Third pathway. A trail of string seems to be going down the First pathway.

Maze Exit:
Maskerade
Old 10-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #289
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

sixdragons: You ignore the only possible pathway and run headfirst into a wall of hedges, getting scratched up by branches and a mouthful of leaves. You fall back on your rear, and while you sit there and contemplate your decision making, a yellow clawed hand rests on you and your Pokemon’s shoulders and before you know it, everything goes white for a moment…

ChrisClark13, sixdragons: Your vision clears as you stand in another dead end, but this one is definitely different from where you were before. That being said, your only exit is to the south…

Wurmple felt thoroughly sick of this maze by now. The headache persisted this time, long after he was teleported, and he felt like he was going to throw up. A dull blue glow pulsed at the edges of his vision, and he could hardly walk. He learned that Cy was also frustrated when his Trainer abruptly sat up and shouted, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" He stood and set Wurmple on his shoulder once more. He gave the southward path a scathing look and spun in a circle, assessing his options. He ran one hand through his hair, and sighed.
*click*
*click*
Brown claws hit the earth. Blank eyes scanned the surroundings. Cy set the two Pokeballs back into his belt and caught both of their attention. "Nincada, Paras, listen up. Wurmple's hurt and you two are my best fighters. We have to get through this stupid maze, but something keeps teleporting us into dead ends. So here's the plan, alright?" He knelt and gave them both their orders. He turned to look at Wurmple, and spoke softly. "I know you're hurt, but if you can manage a Psychic, I want you to be our lookout." Wurmple nodded slowly, and Cy took him off his shoulder and set him on the top of his head. He held out his arms and let the other two take their places. Paras chittered monstrously as it settled on Cy's left shoulder, and Nincada punched the air as she took up her position on Cy's right. Cy stood, and Wurmple gave a mighty push, standing as well. His eyes flashed as he sent out mental feelers all around, searching for approaching danger. The throwing-up sensation increased immensely, but he gritted his mandibles and stayed standing. Paras let out a hissing breath and a fine powder began to drift from each of its mushrooms, one emanating Sleep Powder and one emanating Stun Spores. Anything trying to sneak up behind them wouldn't make it that far. Nincada added her own Sand Attack to the volatile mix, hoping to help them avoid a Teleport. Both of them were instructed to keep wild Pokemon from touching Cy by any means necessary. Wurmple's head swiveled, keeping a watchful eye - and mind - on all directions, unimpeded by darkness or obstacles. Cy himself watched their surroundings warily as he spun on his heel once more. He gave the north hedge wall a look that Wurmple was shocked to see didn't set the bush on fire, then dove into the maze once more...

Let's try this again, with more badass backup. I will follow precisely zero rules. To the North it is.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
Old 10-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #290
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Go East.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:38 PM   #291
Connor
Flashbacker

Sweeney this time opts to go with option 3.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:41 PM   #292
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Option 3!

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 10-14-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:44 PM   #293
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

Pearl’s Perap: You head west from the crowned statue for a short ways with no twists or turns. You spot an old broken pillar up ahead, and as you approach it, you hear some rustling in the hedges. “GARRR!” a spectral entity cries out and grabs you, pulling you through the shadowy hedges. It cackles as it fades back into the foliage, leaving you in a dead end with nowhere to go but east.
We'll keep on trooping Eastwards in that case
Old 10-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #294
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
~~~Updates~~~
Emi: You leave the defaced statue and make your way up the jagged path towards the fountain…

~~~Locations~~~
Fountain: (lilboocorsola, King Ghidorah, Raves, Emi)
A rather unremarkable clearing that’s sole feature is an old fountain. The water jets have long since ceased their functioning, but the basin is still filled with a murky water. Your options are North, East, West, or South.
>Go South
Old 10-14-2020, 01:30 PM   #295
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
The return trip to the armoured statue was relatively uneventful, and as the Swampert and Abomasnow ventured north, the pair happened upon a fountain, long since idle, with deep murky water, and while things seemed relatively peaceful, or as peaceful as a haunted maze could be, Mjolnir was squinting at the fountain. To most eyes, the dirty water seemed impenetrable, and too muddy to support life, and as his ice type companion pointed to the east and was about to move, the Mud Fish gave a slight growl, placing his meaty hand on Mist's shoulder while staring at the water within.

The Swampert species eyes were perfectly suited to seeing into even the muddiest of waters, and he could tell something was up. Giving his companion a few wiggles of the fingers, the Abomasnow got the message and the pair felt that, before the made their move, they should do something about that fountain. With a pair of breaths, the two would freeze the water with dual Ice Beams before they made their journey east, for the purpose of putting a damper on whatever was lurking within.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #296
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

TheKnightsFury, Emp, Missingno. Master: You head down the western path from the Murkrow’s perch. You turn north and then west again, walking in that direction for quite some time before making a u-turn east for an equal distance. You turn north, then east again, then u-turn west and move in that direction until you become completely disoriented which direction you’re actually facing. Your vision blurs and as you spin around you can only make out three options; the first, the second, and the third, each one looking the same.

~~~Locations~~~

Disorienting Corridor: (Connor, Emp, TheKnightsFury, Missingno. Master)
A simple fork in the road, but a mysterious feeling completely blocks your perception of direction. Your options are the First pathway, the Second pathway, or the Third pathway. A trail of string seems to be going down the First pathway.
"Ultimately, it's not worth it to stay mad at the Murkrow. All it did was point us to a pair of dead ends that we found out pretty quickly," Maribel was saying as they headed down the western path.

"Yeah, when you put it like that, it's a good thing I left Myrtle at home," Keith chuckled weakly. "If she saw what happened, it wouldn't be a question of if she'd kill the Murkrow, it'd be a question of how she'd cook it afterwards."

"I believe it," nodded Willa.

As they continued on, however, the path twisted, and turned, and twisted, and turned, and kept on twisting and turning until the family found themselves more disoriented than an inebriated Spinda. And just in time to get to another intersection. But right now, the group was so turned around they didn't even know which way they'd come from.

"Whoa... What the heck was that?" Keith murmured, shaking his head vigorously. "What the... Which way did we come from?" he murmured, looking around.

Maribel pointed to one of the paths. "Look!" she breathed. Keith and Willa followed their daughter's gaze, finding what she was indicating; a trail of string was going down one of the paths.

"Saur pumpka! Pumpka Pumpkasaur!" Autumn exclaimed, her pumpkin's face beaming proudly.

Phantump gave a gasp. "Autumn's so smart!" he exclaimed. "She marked the way we came with String Shot!"

"Ohh, Autumn, well done!" Keith grinned, scratching behind the Pumpkasaur's ears. "That narrows things down a little bit."

"Indeed," nodded Willa, glancing between the other two paths. "Of course, we still have to choose between these two."

Maribel looked down at her father's Pumpkasaur. "Autumn knew to mark the way we came," she said. "She must have known this would happen, so maybe she knows which way to go from here."

"It makes sense to me," shrugged Keith. "Autumn, what do you say?"

"Pumpka," stated Autumn, heading down the third path. With no reason to doubt her judgement at this point, the Masters family, Phantump included, followed her.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:50 PM   #297
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Pumpkasaur [Grass/Poison], originally thought to be a hybrid species, has now been identified as a Fizzytopian regional variant of the Pokemon Bulbasaur. It is identified as an incredibly rare species, inhabiting the area surrounding the Haunted Mansion. It tends to congregate in places where spiritual energy is strongest, and because the plant on its back germinates in the late fall, it is speculated that the spiritual energy is a catalyst for its growth.

Pumpkasaur —Lv.16 @ Night—> Hallowsaur

Hallowsaur [Grass/Ghost], or a Fizzytopian Ivysaur, comes to fruition when a Pumpkasaur grows during the time when spirits are most active, also known as the ‘witching hour.’ The bulb on its back develops into a fully grown pumpkin, and it appears to have taken on a kind of parasitic relationship with the creature, possibly having become possessed by spirits that now inhabit the plant. Powerful vines grow from the base of Hallowsaur’s back, almost having a mind of their own as they squeeze the life force out of its host, though not enough to kill it.

Hallowsaur —Lv.32—> Exorsaur

Exorsaur [Grass/Ghost], or a Fizzytopian Venusaur, evolves when the spirits possessing the plant on its back grow so strong that they successfully merge with the host animal for complete spiritual possession. No longer requiring the pumpkin to act as a vessel, the fruit decays and wilts, hardening into a sort of armor plating on the creature’s head and back. The vine-like stem on its back grows into a sturdy trunk, developing leaves that can photosynthesize as well as employ extremely powerful vines to strangle its foes.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #298
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

Maskerade: You calmly press onward through the archway, and as you do so your vision begins to clear. You look around and see a man standing there waiting for you. It was none other than Professor Palm, who smiles and welcomes you. “Good work, you’re the first one through! Now, let’s wait here for the others, there’s still some time until the ritual begins!” Congratulations on making it through the maze! Please check back on October 31st for the conclusion of the event as well as rewards!

~~~Locations~~~

Maze Exit:
Maskerade
As the realization set in, Ray brought a palm to his face and began laughing audibly, shoulders rising and falling almost convulsively.

"I did it!..."

It was exhilarating - the feeling of leaving that accursed place behind, the idea that he'd overcome Eldritch Gods and, notably, the fact that he had been the very first one to do it, all filled Ray with a sense of empowerment that he hadn't felt... ever.

Zoroark, in turn, grinned for reasons all of his own. Namely, he still felt that intriguing power coursing through his veins, the blessing from the well persisting even after the exit had been found. The black fox was looking forward to testing this gift very soon...

Still... how did this Palm fellow make it here so much faster than all of us?

Last edited by Maskerade; 10-14-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:44 PM   #299
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

myahoo: You head south from the defaced statue and head in that direction for a short ways until the path makes an abrupt u-turn and heads north for quite some distance. The trail then makes a quick east then west diversion before turning back north into another clearing…

As someone clears the exit of the maze, a low growling hiss emits from the Disorienting Corridor as the area becomes more distorted.

~~~Locations~~~

The Perch: (myahoo)
A lone Murkrow sits on an old manmade perch in the middle of a clearing. Your options are East, West, or South back the way you came. “EAST,” the bird squawks as it gazes down at you. As you look around, you suddenly notice a very creepy looking Buneary drenched in blood blocking the East exit. You have no idea where it came from, but its unblinking stare gives off very strong vibes to stay away from it.
Spoiler: show
Melissa arrived at the perch, glanced around, barely heard the Murkrow squawk "East" as she spotted the blood-drenched Buneary, and immediately headed West, hurrying as fast as she could, hopefully without attracting the Buneary's attention.

"Nope nope nope nope nope," she muttered, grabbing Wildfire before he leaped to put himself between them. "We are not sticking around."

Spirit glanced back only once, debating the merits of using Foresight...but decided she'd tested the maze enough already and didn't need to borrow trouble. She flew quickly after her trainer.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:36 AM   #300
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Quote:
~~~Updates~~~

ChrisClark13: Bewildered to where you’ve been sent to, you have little choice but to keep moving. You move to the south before the trail abruptly turns west, and it goes on for quite some distance. After a while of walking, the trail pulls a 180 and turns east. After another short distance of walking, the trail turns north into a clearing.

~~~Locations~~~

Crown Statue: (ChrisClark13? According to Discord message I am here.)
A small clearing that’s only feature is a small regal-looking statue of a pointed crown. Your options are West, East, or South.
> Go West
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records