UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:28 AM   #51
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Re: big bad birtha's suggestion box

Someone just suggested Claymore as a new manga to read since Berserk is going so slow. His words were, "Like Berserk, but Guts is a half-demon girl." And now I see it's an anime xd.

Anyway, sleep.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #52
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Hayate the Combat Butler: 7/10
For a comedy, the good jokes were few and far between. For a romance, the pilot establishes so thoroughly that the little girl has fallen in love with Hayate that there's no tension at all. As much as I may want him to, Hayate will not fall in love with the beautiful maid and have steamy butler-maid sex. Instead, he will fall in love with the annoying loli rich bitch. Boo urns. Bad animation (imo) and a fast-paced plot filled with little else than fluff gets this series pilot a 7 out of 10.
Bad animation? O_O

There's a lot of referenes in the show that serve as layered jokes, but from what I know of you they wouldn't be very salient. Id est, Hayate's employer's glowing glasses is a parody of Gendou Ikari from Evangelion and the bust Hayate shines in the DVD preview is of Conan Edogawa. That latter one made me laugh royally because I missed it after nine watches of the preview; only until the translator pointed it out did I actually notice.

Of course, going "haha, only prolific weeaboo can understand Hayate" isn't what I'm trying to say; like Zero, the show can be enriched by catching all the [intentional] references under the pretense of a generic artstyle/plot. What makes Hayate better than Zero is the far higher production value and the much broader pool for references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Someone just suggested Claymore as a new manga to read since Berserk is going so slow. His words were, "Like Berserk, but Guts is a half-demon girl." And now I see it's an anime xd.
The half-demon thing pissed me off. It's as cliche a premise as any one could find in Naruto; "oh, oh, oh, I'm a lithe and beautiful warrior woman but I'm a half demon so I've been ostracized all my life and I've never known the love of a man". Bleh, I rejected that as a virtue of Claymore right off the bat.

Until I heard how she became a half-demon. Much, much cooler.

Claire's little friend is Emiya Shirou reborn, though, so FSN parallels are inevitable here.

Overall, I can say Claymore was a lot better than I thought, but it still needs some room to spread its legs before I can evaluate if further.

In contrast to Hayate, which I can say will be a very enjoyable show.

Also, avoid "Gurren Lagann". It's typical Gainax trash.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #53
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Before you lecture me on all the inside jokes in Hayate, tell me this: do you know the origin for this quote?
Quote:
Even my own father never hit me.
It made its first return in Genshiken (Book 1, Chapter 1) and made its second return in Hayate no Gotoku (Episode 1). Can you identify the source? :P

That stated, yeah, I am generally pretty bad with noticing anime "tips of the hat" unless they're as blatant as they are in Genshiken, and I would never have known the source for this line myself had I not read Genshiken. ^_^;

As for saying the animation was poor ... it reminded me too much of Spiral, which my roommate rented once from the video store (before he began to torrent) and which was a HORRIBLE show. It also reminded me a lot of YGO GX. In fact, every time I saw Hayate, I kept thinking of that nerdy kid with aquamarine hair in YGO GX. I kept expecting to see Jaden jump out and scream, "HABEEB IT!" :P
Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #54
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
It made its first return in Genshiken (Book 1, Chapter 1) and made its second return in Hayate no Gotoku (Episode 1). Can you identify the source? :P
That's probably from something famous I wouldn't know. However, that exact quote makes an appearence in chapter three of One Piece where the brat Helmeppo is bragging to Zoro about how he can do anything in Shell Town, and Luffy punches him. Helmeppo raises the subject with his father, who finally does smack him.

Quote:
That stated, yeah, I am generally pretty bad with noticing anime "tips of the hat" unless they're as blatant as they are in Genshiken, and I would never have known the source for this line myself had I not read Genshiken. ^_^;
Hayate's broad pool of references can be a vice, though. The Gendou thing was obvious to me because it was an infamous Yotsuba /b/ meme, which made it all the more funny because Yotsuba went crazy. The Conan reference wasn't exactly funny, but "wow, that's awesome", especially because I missed it.

In episode II there's a Black Lagoon reference but I wouldn't have gotten it since I haven't seen BL. So, yeah, Hayate's references are hit or miss.

Quote:
As for saying the animation was poor ... it reminded me too much of Spiral, which my roommate rented once from the video store (before he began to torrent) and which was a HORRIBLE show. It also reminded me a lot of YGO GX. In fact, every time I saw Hayate, I kept thinking of that nerdy kid with aquamarine hair in YGO GX. I kept expecting to see Jaden jump out and scream, "HABEEB IT!" :P
>>"HABEEB IT!"

Uh oh, something's amiss here.

I actually liked Spiral but I do acknowledge the animation and art was pretty bad. NOTHING on Higurashi but still, it was pretty low. What's impressive about Hayate, though, is that shows of its silly harem/romance genre usually get terrible adaptions since they're so generic. For every Kanon that gets kingly treatment there's five or six OtoBoku and ZnK shows in a season. So, I'd say Hayate has better-than-average animation, but it's of premium quality for that kind of show.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #55
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Nothing's amiss, insofar as ...

a) I was making a joke about how Jaden has that stupid catchphrase of his, but
b) that Hayate no Gotoku seems to cater to 4channer interests, thus they would convert Jaden's actual line (however lame it may be) into even lamer 4chan speak, and finally
c) I have a friend who says "I don't believe it! / Habeeb it! / TWINKIE HOUSE!" all the time in real life, so I'm memorized that itty bitty bit of 4chan culture even if I didn't want to.

To make matters worse, I've seen the pictures that go with that joke. (How fucked up ... a dad with rainbow colored nail polish trying to molest his own son, ugh. -_-; )

This is why I hate 4chan, and may also be part of why 4chan LOVED Hayate no Gotoku whereas I thought it was "meh, okay" at best.

The only portions of the show I consistently enjoyed were:
a) the Santa Claus scenes, and
b) the hot maid
Old 04-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #56
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I scouted some more anime and I have to say, some of my findings were kind of a disappointment. I looked for Chromartie, but my computer is too slow to handle the streaming that it requires. Shinobuden.....that pissed me off so badly. The humor was not even near funny and that girl saying ninja every ten seconds just got annoying, so I quit on the first episode(when an anime pisses me off, you know that it's bad). I also checked out Hare + Guu, and it was just not that entertaining. It just did not hold my attention. I have been watching the original Kanon, since I did not know of what else to watch(I'm becoming obsessive with Kanon). I liked some of the things that the remake missed, but I still am more satisfied with the remake.

Enough about the present. Lets talk about the future. There are some titles on my line up.

Tonagura- I'm just checking it out because it looks good. When I was looking in some of the youtube comments, a bunch of people mentioned it. When an anime interests me, I usually look at the opening to get a good grip of what it is like, and I got good vibes.

Tsubasha Resevoir Chronicles- My anime magazines advertise this like crazy. Maybe it is just because it is created by CLAMP(for you ignorant people, the people who created Chobits and Cardcaptor Sakura), but I'll check it out anyway. That kind of hype just reeled in my curosity. I read one of the manga though, and it just doesn't seem that interesting. Please tell me if it is worth my time.

Claymore- *looks at Suigin's and Doppelganger's comments on it* I have no idea why I want to check it out.

To Heart- Well, this was just recommended to me. It was said that this is good, so I am taking the person's word.

School Rumble- I keep forgetting about this. It was recommended, and even looked good, but I keep on forgetting to watch this. This is just a reminder to myself.

Hayate- Same reason as Claymore....I mean I don't know the reason....no no......
Old 04-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #57
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I watched the first episode of ToHeart 2 last summer (which is supposed to be better than ToHeart), and all I can say is, LOLI FANS ONLY. The girls are RETARDEDLY CHILDISH. Like, 15 years old but behaving like a 5 year old. It's ... really annoying. -_-; Unless you love that sort of thing.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #58
McSweeney
Soul Badge

*Watches Kanon*

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 04-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #59
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

So I watched the first episode of Claymore, and it seems pretty good. The art style of the show seems too signature Madhouse though, which bothered me a bit.

Anyway, throughout the episode after [Claymore] showed up, I couldn't stop myself from thinking, "It's Guts! It's Guts!"

Thus far though, it seems like Claymores have a much larger advantage over Guts, as they have super-human/demon powers and Guts only has a gay elf friend and a metal arm with a built-in cannon.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:49 PM   #60
GrJackass
Night Man

first things first, guts is one of the greatest anti-heros in all the manga i have read so far and thats quite a bit, if he were turned into a girl it would kind of sully his character because of the double standards, it would be from brooding madman to crazy c*nt.. see? not the same feel to it, also certain scenes wouldnt have the same impact if guts were female. i wanna cite an example but i cant formulate the idea without sounding like a complete ass... just know it has something to do with the first scene in volume 4 of beserk.... giggidy

plus i never laughed as hard as i did when guts actually recieved his metal arm and said something to the effect of "mechanical arm, groovy"
imagine a super serious manga the character lost his friends, love and arm and out of the blue he makes a evil dead refrence, brilliant. i wonder if it was the creators idea or if the translator snuck that one in

and as for the elf.. if man ass is gay, what can i tell you? go read something else. but remember there was man ass in 300 also, and look how bad ass that movie was
mmmm... leonidis, you make me forget all about my man crush on ryan renolds

but i have to ask, is it similar to past beserk or present beserk, because that manga has "full metal jacket syndrome" for those not familar with that movie its basically two movies in one where the main character happens to be in both. its the training camp part and then the vietnam part of the movie. the training camp part of the movie is one of the most beloved movies ever created to me. the second part is just garbage aside from "me so horny" and "too buku" oh and "who the leader of the pack whos friends to you and meeeeee M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E" and so far the past portion of the manga is amazing and the present seems to be bleh (only up to vol 15 so it might sway me) so i ask which part of beserk is claymore?

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
Old 04-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #61
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
I watched the first episode of ToHeart 2 last summer (which is supposed to be better than ToHeart), and all I can say is, LOLI FANS ONLY. The girls are RETARDEDLY CHILDISH. Like, 15 years old but behaving like a 5 year old. It's ... really annoying. -_-; Unless you love that sort of thing.
Remember on the old board when I created a topic bashing Gauken Utopia Manabi Straight? That title and this "ToHeat2" sound like peas in a pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrJackass
but i have to ask, is it similar to past beserk or present beserk, because that manga has "full metal jacket syndrome" for those not familar with that movie its basically two movies in one where the main character happens to be in both. its the training camp part and then the vietnam part of the movie. the training camp part of the movie is one of the most beloved movies ever created to me. the second part is just garbage aside from "me so horny" and "too buku" oh and "who the leader of the pack whos friends to you and meeeeee M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E" and so far the past portion of the manga is amazing and the present seems to be bleh (only up to vol 15 so it might sway me) so i ask which part of beserk is claymore?
It's got the setting of "Retribution" Berserk, from the time Guts left Caska in Godo's care to the fall of Albion. Basically, the part of Berserk everyone loves.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #62
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

*thumbs up at Mcsweeny* Be sure to put your soul into it. Fighto! Daioh!?
EDIT: Along with watching the original, I finished watching 2006 again. Even after watching it again, I still felt the impact that it gave me the first time, except for the breathlessness that I felt after I had the first time. It was kind of embarassing crying at school though ><. Kanon is truly a great anime. Whenever I can find them translated, I will try to download the manga, the original H-Game(or maybe the Dreamcast/PS2 version, because the H part kind of bugs me), Eternal Fighter Zero, and the five novels that were made of it. I also did some mad research on Kanon. I might point out some of my findings on the Kanon thread.

Also, I give thanks to joo Suigin. The girls seem so calm though. It is hard to imagine them being childish. It LOOKS heartwarming and sweet. I guess looks aren't everything....

Speaking of heartwarming and sweet, I checked out the first two episodes of Tsubasa Chronicles, and as I mentioned, it is very heartwarming and sweet so far. It seems more like a Cardcaptor Sakura dream than a new anime, because the main girl's name is Sakura, and I think her kingdom name is Clow. She also looks just like an older Sakura. This is more of an observation than a complaint, because I kinda like it. It show's CLAMP's power to reuse characters.

The only real complaints that someone else might have is the plot, and the really long slender bodies the characters have(It's like they were crossbred with ferrets). It is about this princess who is childhood friends with a coalminer's son. After a little touching moments, it is revealed that she has this power, and when she is about to use it, the main dude stops her, resulting in her memories being scattered. He has to travel to different worlds to find her memories. I have no problem with it, but someone else might think of is as used too much. As for the long slender bodies, I really don't care. It's just something CLAMP wanted to do. I kinda like it as a matter of fact.

This gives me the same feeling that Cardcaptor Sakura and Chobits gave me, and that is a good thing. It just seems to have more action than either of those two.

Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. Now they are called the Islands.

Gao!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #63
GrJackass
Night Man

when it comes to tsubasa chronicles and xxx holloc, i prefer it as a manga because at least with holloc they tone it down a bit and it really takes away from the lessons that the time space witch is trying to teach whatshisface. toned down as in people are merely hospitalized when they actually died in the comic. plus the comic has a explanatory section in the back that explains all the superstitions shown in the comic
i havent watched tsubasa chronicles but since the storylines are tied together im just associating the two of them although i think i would love either version of tsubasa because im a huge sliders fan

as for beserk, i beg to differ, unless the present timeline storyline gets better i strongly feel that the past from when guts was born all the way to when he got his arm and left casca was much more interesting. but again i must state im still within the first story arch after the past but it seems to be very similar to the first three volumes of the manga which were good, but not as good as the past

Edit: i like the art style used in tsubasa and holloc i especially love the long slender body of the time space witch, not even in a sexual way, i just think shes gorgeous and the zoro character and the wizard dude have a really cool look to them being drawn that wierd skinny tall method

as for the plot, it is a little used up but they put a nice twist to it and gives them countless ways of being creative with the new worlds, plus its great to see the diffrent perspectives of whats going one thats shown in the two comics and i'd love to see what that evil organizations plan is.

im just gonna babble on here, but xxx holloc is one of my personal favorites

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
Old 04-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #64
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
as for beserk, i beg to differ, unless the present timeline storyline gets better i strongly feel that the past from when guts was born all the way to when he got his arm and left casca was much more interesting. but again i must state im still within the first story arch after the past but it seems to be very similar to the first three volumes of the manga which were good, but not as good as the past
Golden Age is indeed good, but I think that's only because of the anime. >.>;

Millennium Falcon, the current arc, is terrible. Not because of the kids, it's just got a lot of bull-crack.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #65
GrJackass
Night Man

havent seen the anime only read the manga
but i assume youve read more or have seen more (which i can also but im too lazy to download like 20 volumes individually by chapter) but your telling me after millenium falcon it gets better? basically im at the yotsuba corporation story arc of death note in terms of beserk?

Old 04-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #66
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
*thumbs up at Mcsweeny* Be sure to put your soul into it. Fighto! Daioh!?
Oh you misunderstand. I've already seen Kanon (and Nayuki is so <3 ), but I was just poking fun at Talon for complaining about the girls acting childish in 2Heart2, when the same could be said for his beloved Kanon.

I wasn't going to say anything, but then I remembered that he likes Yu Gi Oh more than Akagi. FOR PEOPLE LIKE HIM ... THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS!

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #67
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
havent seen the anime only read the manga
but i assume youve read more or have seen more (which i can also but im too lazy to download like 20 volumes individually by chapter) but your telling me after millenium falcon it gets better? basically im at the yotsuba corporation story arc of death note in terms of beserk?
It's still in Millennium Falcon, and it's gotten worse; since Berserk entered Viritannis it's been okay, but once the band got to the docks Berserk degraded into a silly shounen story with a lot of cliches and fake physics. There might be an upturn in the future but Gut's whole encounter with Ganishaka was a fail.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 04-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #68
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yu-Gi-Oh's main plot is ten times better than Akagi's ever was. Yu-Gi-Oh taken as a lump sum? ........... still probably more enjoyable to me than Akagi was.

*Stake through Mcsweeney's heart* ;)

Ayu is childish in a lovably awesome way. The brown haired girl in ToHeart 2 (the main girl) is just ....... blach. She's much more like Shiori from Kanon. Does that make sense?

Ayu-like childishness = awesome
Shiori-like childishness = bad

Ayu = spunky, clumsy, cute voice
Shiori = a bit too whiny, a weak person (independent of her being sick), an obedient she-dog to Yuuichi (like the creepy scene where he pets her for saving his seat at lunch and she looks up at him just as a dog would d and shows thanks O_o)
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #69
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Liking Hikaru no Go better? That's fine, that's perfectly understandable. Thinking Yu Gi Oh is better? I'm aware of the definition of "opinion", and that is not a valid one to hold!

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 04-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #70
McSweeney
Soul Badge

Here is my list of anime on the horizon, and ones recently completed:

Lucky â˜â€* Star: Kyoto Animation's latest effort. About a group of girls that watch anime and play hentai games apparently.
EXPECTATIONS: Low.

Haibane Renmei "Charcoal Feathers Federation": I have no idea at all what this show is about. This is a total gut feeling watch.
EXPECTATIONS: High.

Moonlight Mile: For some reason I have a bad feeling about this one. There's no way it can live up to Planetes!
EXPECTATIONS: Moderate.

Cowboy Bebop:
RATING: Good.
This was good, but I was expecting so much more. Was this really the legendary anime that many consider to be the best of all time?

Golden Boy:
RATING: Masterpiece.
This rules hard. The dub is very very good. I highly recommend as a short, six episode comedy with ecchi elements.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 04-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #71
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Keep in mind that the same people who say "Cowboy Bebop is the greatest anime ever" started watching anime between 1997 and 2001. Bebop came out smack dab in the middle of that; at the time, flashier animes -- while in existance -- were rare (remember: NGE was considered redefining for its day!!!); the music was fantastic; and the plot was simultaneously riddled with arcs while being easily watched out of order for the most part.

If Cowboy Bebop were to have come out today in 2007, I doubt it would be the priceless gem it is in the minds and hearts of so many. Memories provide a very biased look into the past.

(Every time I think about how disappointing Escaflowne and NGE were for me, who watched them in 2004 and 2006, respectively) I am reminded of this fact.)
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #72
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I just watched the original Kanon, but I have alot to say about it, so I'll just go ahead and rate it. I rate it as very good. I have to disagree with Sugin about which is better to watch first though, because I think the remake is better to watch first. Every moment is executed so much better, making the emotional impact so much greater. I'll give a few examples in a spoiler box at the bottom of this. This one just did not tug at my heartstrings as much. If you watch the older one first, the great emotional impact you get from the remake will be softened(unless you are just in love with it like I am). This one is better to watch afterwards so you could find out some things that the remake missed. Also, some of the character traits and order of things that happened changed a bit, but that is only a matter of taste.

I like Yuuichi in the remake alot better as well. This one is colder and a little bit dumber than the remake's Yuuichi. Everyone else is also a little more forward than the remake, but as I said before, it's just a matter of taste. Well, I'll go off to point some things out that I noticed....no peeking newbies

Quote:
As I said earlier, almost everything from the remake is executed way better. I'll give the exception that made me say almost first. Nayuki's feelings happen to be shown more in the original. Yuuichi has a better understanding of how Nayuki feels, and she even gives him a kiss, which the remake does not have. So Nayuki fans might perfer the original.

In the remake, everything about Makoto's side is shown better. They just give her a few symptoms, and she just disappears on Yuuichi's back. In the remake, a few symptoms are shown, and the reason is revealed, which in turn leaves you tearing up all episode nine and ten. Then, her final moments where Yuuichi is trying to keep her awake by ringing the bell, and she gets sleepier and sleepier until she disappears.

Then there's Mai's story. The remake tells more about Mai's and Saiyuri's past, which reveals more about their character. The original did not even touch on Saiyuri, and they just said that Mai met Yuuichi in the past. They poorly explained what the demons were and about Mai's powers. You even find out why Mai is the way she is from the remake. Everything else is just a matter of taste.

Shoiri's story......well.....it was just suddenly announced that Shiori had a few days to live, and she just had a couple of times with Yuuichi, and then Kaori admitted to being her sister and that was that. The remake gave her one week, and her and Yuuichi were eating lunch with each other every day. Then Shiori has a party from some of the characters, and after that, Kaori admitted that she was her sister in front of everyone, which in turn made it more touching. I kinda had a tough time with Shiori. This is why....Ayu>Nayuki>Makoto>Mai>Shiori.

Now for Ayu's....oh god I will have alot to say @_@. I'll try to sum it up. In the original, their first kiss just came from out of nowhere, and left you saying "Eh? Where'd that come from?", while the remake had an emotional moment where both of them were left crying, and Ayu told him to close his eyes, and they kissed. Then there's when Ayu fell off the tree. The original showed the first part, then went on with the episode, then showed her saying her last words. The remake had her fall off in slow motion, then.....I don't want to talk about this.......

Now, for some good words about the original. I found out that Yuuichi moved to his cousin's house because his parents were in a foriegn country. I also found out that Makoto remembered that name because Yuuichi talked about her alot to the fox, causing it to remember that name(Yuuichi did not name the fox Makoto). I found out some more things, but I can't quite remember.
Also, just so you know. I am fully aware that the remake had a much larger budget, which made a much better anime, and Kyoto animation doing it guranteed greatness. I am not complaining, I am just pointing this out. That's why I did not say anything about how the characters look kind of funny, or how horrible the animation was. I am extremely forgiving about anime.

Anyway, I am on episode five of Tsubasa. So far, it is satisfying me. Here's some more I wanna check out.

Gintama- I read the first five chapters of the manga and I thought it was the shiznit. I realised that it had an anime only recently.

Maburaho- I think this will actually turn out to be a heaping pile of ****, but it is being advertised in my anime magazines, so I just have to check it out. It looks like it is just a brainless fanservice fest, but oh well......

There's more, but it's way past my bedtime....
Old 04-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #73
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Maburaho is pretty brainless, according to my friends who've seen it. No idea.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #74
McSweeney
Soul Badge

The pink haired girl in Maburaho is very attractive. The same guy that did the character art did Planetarian I think.

Smoking Gary sez:
"Stay in school kidz"
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #75
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Errm....I think the fact that the characters are attractive is the only redeeming feature of Maburaho. If I want some brainless fan service, I'll go all the way and watch hentai. I will still give it a quick peek, because of reasons given, but I don't really think I will bother actually watching it.

I just finished the first season of Tsubasa and I have to say that it satisfied me. Sakura is just so sweet that you just have to love her, and the whole going to different worlds thingy is pretty interesting. The music is also pretty good(except for the opening. It is horrible). It kinda does that .hack//sign thing with the music, though it can get pretty annoying. The only real complaint that I have is the fact that it makes such a big deal out of itself. When something is about to happen, it will spend 30 seconds at the LEAST where the characters are just staring each other down, or playing this music over everything instead of actually doing something. Because of that, it can get pretty boring at times. You will also catch some cameos from CLAMP's other creations as well. I caught Sumomo, Chi, the lion thing from CCS, that creepy lady from XXX, and someone else..... I give this my usual very good rating. I look forward to watching the next season.

Since I am half-finished with that, I am sure you know, that I am now scouting what to watch next. I am about to watch the first episodes of two anime.

Tonagura- I watched part of the first episode and I have only one word for this. That word is annoying. The characters are so impulsive and their personalities are so shallow and exaggerated that it is not funny. It tries to be funny, but it turns out to be more annoying than anything. The main dude is just like Keito from Inukami, except for the fact that he doesn't let up. I forgave Inukami for this because of the amusing fights and stuff, but this does not have this. The girl is this typical person in love with a childhood friend that she has not seen in years, and she is all looking forward to seeing him, but she is disappointed when she sees what he turned out to be, and she is all beating him up every chance she gets.

Sola- It is very good from what I've seen so far. It seems to be VERY deep and might not appeal to alot of people. I'm not sure what is exactly going on yet so a plot might be pretty difficult to bring up, and it might be untrue. One great thing about this is the character artwork. It is also very familiar as well, but I'm not sure what. I'm thinking it looks like Haruhi, but that's because when I look at and hear this one character, it screams Yuki. Anyway, it might be a while before I can watch some more because I can only find episode one at the moment. It's a shame too, because this looks so good.

EDIT: I checked out two more anime and here are my results.

School Rumble- I finally get off my ass and check this out and I have to say that I am satisfied with this. It's a great combination of funny and adorable. My piece of **** computer can't handle the streaming required for what I can find, so I'll be watching this at school.

Gintama- YESH!!! This is the shiznit. It is like bo-bobo except for the fact that it does not rely on randomness, and it is actually funny(I'm not dissing randomness. Randomness is still awesome, but the bo-bobo anime does it poorly). I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but you know. Oh, and to sweeten the deal, Gintoki's voice actor is also the guy who does Yuuichi/Kyon, and I've grown to enjoy that sarcastic voice of his.

UPDATE: I found this excellent site that has tons of manga, and I don't have to download it, so I will also be reading manga and of course, telling people what I think about the titles. These will be added way faster than the anime because reading a whole series is much faster than watching one. Anyway, on to my next title.

Air- Yup. I found a manga adaptation of this that was translated and it is pretty good so far. It is pretty much just like the anime in flow, but the art is a little different. I think there is only two volumes, and I'm a little disappointed in that.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime