UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Tournaments > PokéRinger

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:02 AM   #1
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Yanmega PokéRinger F.A.Q

PokéRinger FAQ

What is a PokéRinger contest?
A PokéRinger contest is a contest specificially aimed at pokémon with wings and the ability to fly. Two pokémon are in the arena at any one time and the aim of the game is to command your pokémon to attempt to get a plastic ring, which is suspended high above the arena from a hot air balloon. Once collected, the ring needs to be dropped on a goal post directly below the balloon, but that is easier said than done. Battle commands are expected with each round to try and gain the upper hand when it comes to getting the ring and winning.

What is the battlefield like?
The battlefield is a 60 x 40 arena situated high up on the Delibird Ridge of the Cloud Garden zone. There is three hot air balloons within in arena, one in the very centre, high above the arena, with the ring attached to it. The other two hot air balloons are set at either end of the arena, one for each participating trainer in each round. As the battle begins, these two balloons will rise up so that both trainers are facing off over the large arena, giving them the perfect view of their aerial battle.

What non-flying types can be entered?
Beedrill, Venomoth, Scizor, Heracross, Dustox, Volbeat, Illumise, Vibrava and Flygon are all legal for the contest. Despite their lack of the flying type, they actually have the ability of flying with the use of wings.

What flying types cannot be entered?
Doduo, Dodrio, Gyrados, Mantine and Mantyke are all illegal for use within the contest. Doduo and Dodrio, despite being of the flying type, are never described as flying. Gyrados, Mantine and Mantyke all use their 'wings' for gliding over the ocean primarily, not for aerial battles and contests.

If there are any further queries regarding the contest, feel free to post away and we will get back to you when we can :3
Old 04-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
Note: Referee rewards will double if one revival item is used by a trainer during battle, and triple if both trainers use a revival item.
Are we allowed to use items? e.g. revivals, potions, berries, flutes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Drifloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Are we allowed to use items? e.g. revivals, potions, berries, flutes
Yeah dude, items are fine, as long as you send them at the beginning with your attacks, like with any normal battle.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
Emp
Volcano Badge

Awesome ^^
Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 AM   #5
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

A note to all current and future participants: The move Teleport is not allowed in the contest at all and the move Trick does NOT apply to the ring as a held item, merely conventional held items.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéRinger Contest Rules
If your pokémon gains a level up for any reason outside of the contest, it will need to be linked to as proof if your pokémon gains levels within the tournament.
So if my Pokémon gained Levels since the start of the tournament, should I link to where he received them in my intro PM?

Also, does this mean my Pokémon will then be able to use any moves that he gained through Level-up? *is kinda confused*
Old 04-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Gah, that needs editing really, didn't see that it slipped through the net. If levels are gained, a link will only be required at the end of a battle IF your pokémon gains a level from winning the round. Moves learned after entering your pokémon in the sign ups will not be allowed, unless in the day/s given for editing.

Hope this makes sense o:
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Gah, that needs editing really, didn't see that it slipped through the net. If levels are gained, a link will only be required at the end of a battle IF your pokémon gains a level from winning the round. Moves learned after entering your pokémon in the sign ups will not be allowed, unless in the day/s given for editing.

Hope this makes sense o:
So what I should've done here is link to my post here to clarify that Togetic should be Lv. 21?

Also, if I Evolve my Pokémon, will he be able to use moves that he learns automatically upon Evolution?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Drifloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

So what I should've done here is link to my post here to clarify that Togetic should be Lv. 21?

Also, if I Evolve my Pokémon, will he be able to use moves that he learns automatically upon Evolution?
Yep, that's right about the clarification, it doesn't matter entirely if you don't, it's just nice to make sure people know.

As for moves learned upon evolution, I never really thought about it, but, to be safe, they cannot be used. Sorry about that :{
Old 04-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Yep, that's right about the clarification, it doesn't matter entirely if you don't, it's just nice to make sure people know.

As for moves learned upon evolution, I never really thought about it, but, to be safe, they cannot be used. Sorry about that :{
Ah, okey dokes. Thanks for clearing that up. =3

(Poo. I'll have to change my strategy then. XP)
Old 05-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #11
Emp
Volcano Badge

If a Pokemon levels up inside the tournament, does it gain its gain any moves it may learn at new levels?
Namely, my Yanmega has grown from Lv.20 to Lv.22 and should learn Supersonic at this level.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Drifloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
If a Pokemon levels up inside the tournament, does it gain its gain any moves it may learn at new levels?
Namely, my Yanmega has grown from Lv.20 to Lv.22 and should learn Supersonic at this level.
Pokémon will have the moves to use outside of the PokéRinger, but any moves learnt during the tournament will no be added to the pokémon's sign-up post stats :3
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
Emp
Volcano Badge

Okidokie, that sounds fair
Thanks for the quick reply =p
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records > Trainer Battles > Tournaments > PokéRinger