UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 09-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Shroomish Yougi's Starting from Scratch

So, I make threads now. Threads are cool.

Many years ago, I started posting pictures in the Fan Spri- What do you mean you're not here for a history lesson? You don't care about my past drawing experiences or how I actually knew people before ASB? You just want to see pictures? Well, okay then... In a bit.

Now that I've stolen liberated borrowed my sisters Tablet, that she never seems to use since she left University, I have begun drawing again and I created this thread, for two reasons. One, to keep Daisy happy Two, to put the things I make somewhere where they can be organised. I could of course, dig out all of my really old work. But it's not that great and it'd be outclassed by almost everything else in these forums. Plus, I doubt people would want to see it. Instead, I'm going to periodically export and upload pictures that I've been working on as I get used to drawing with a tablet and using Sai. Since it's been forever since I have drawn by hand and I've very little knowledge of Sai or using tablets, I've started from scratch working the basics. So don't expect greatness, but I will introduce things when I'm happy to try them. Also, with that time of the year coming up again (expect to see me in another thread shortly) I might even throw a little FanFiction in here as well, just because. Anyway, here's some pics.

Oh god. Spoilered for spoilerific reasons. This is the first thing I drew using a tablet and it, like all of the pics that are in this post, is simply me tracing (and I use the term loosely) a pic that I got from the internet. Kanon fans beware...

Spoiler: show

Fortunately, things begin to improve dramatically (as far as I'm concerned). Although with this next one, I did have to chop it in half because my pen pressure seemed to change overnight and the difference was really noticeable.

And the rest, I'm happy not to hide These all came from deviantArt originally and for the full colour version of this next one, see my sig at the bottom of this post.

And these last two are my all time favourites (of the 5 things I've actually drawn with the tablet ). They're from the same dA user, and there's only one thing I can say, but not many people will know why...
WEEEEEEBLES!
(Also, I just realised that I never got round to drawing the stars on this picture It's supposed to be the shiny version, but it just doesn't look as shiny without its stars)

And this very last one, I saw after seeing the previous one. And simply put, it made me think of Daisy. And since everyone likes Daisy, have a lookie at this one.

And that's all for now... Although Daisy keeps telling me I should start drawing things instead of tracing. So expect a large amount of Shroomish sometime soon.

PASBL: TL3, 15W/8L/1D, 42 KO's, 95TP, 14.75 SP.

*Certified Ref. Grade: B-*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Yougirasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Hanatori
Skippy.

Shroomish

I would like to confess my jealousy of your steady hands on that second one, good sir Yougi. Looking forward to the non-traced work.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Shroomish

Thank you for being the first poster in my thread Hana. Yours if the first feedback I've received, other than what I've been given whilst I was coached through using Sai (Stabilizer to the max, whoooo). For you kindly comments, please accept a new recruit to HanaCorp for 'Pluff harvesting. I'm sure they're a hard worker and they're 100% Yougi sourced, although I'm not sure how much of a benefit that'll be

I tried to do it in the same style as the last two pics in my previous post, but it didn't quite work as well as they did (in my opinion... Hop, go grab that 'Pluff). But practice may sort that.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 09-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Nice work, Yougi. Got a more basic feel to it than certain others, but that's by no means a bad thing. I look forward to seeing any more stuff that you make.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yougirasu View Post
Insta-saved.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Litwick

Welp, I've finally finished another drawing. And, since I'm feeling more confident with my lines (and they're getting done a lot faster) I've even tried colouring it in as well. I've stuck with pokemon as a theme, I'm not branching into people or anything yet, but I've chosen a fairly simple pokemon as well. The only thing I wish I'd done with this picture is made it transparent, but I was too lazy to load up GIMP to see if I could get a version layered in that. But sometime soon, I'll get a version of Sai that lets me save transparent images. I know where to get the link from, I just haven't gotten it due to procrastination. But, who knows, I might update with a transparent picture in the future. But for now, enjoy Litwick

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 10-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

You're pretty good at this, man. You have a pretty nice style and a knack for shading.

Keep working up in size and complexity and I think you could be pretty impressive.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Another nice one, Yougi.

You like Quagsire. Do a Quagsire, it fits your style.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Ee Liltwick~ *steals saves it*

It's really cute. ^-^ Nice job.

(Just to clear up any confusion, do you draw these on your own or still trace?)
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Hoppip and Litwick are the only two I've done without tracing so far. Basically, the first post was all traced and then I got told to try making something from scratch, so I chose fairly simple pokemon (although Hoppip was also picked because Hana was the first to post in the thread). I'm looking to try new pokemon and get to grips with using Sai for drawing and colouring because I have a goal. A goal that would mean I'd need to change the way I've been doing lines, but it's something that I can work towards.
As for Quagsire... Maybe... *starts getting ideas*

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

Wooper

Okay, I missed saying this earlier but, thanks for all the comments guys. I'm trying to keep at it because I think I really need the practice and since practice makes perfect, I've drawn another one. I started referring to it as 'Hey Arnold' (don't ask) as I was drawing it yesterday afternoon (it takes me a while to get a decent looking sketch down ) and I've coloured it this morning. So, tell me what you think.

Is it wrong that I think Wooper came out better than Quagsire (oh dear god, never let me draw a Quagsire again, until I've seriously improved)

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 10-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #12
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

D'awwww.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
Sneaze
Mrow?

>didn't notice Litwick until now

...oh gawd so adorable WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMS

Seriously amazing work. I absolutely love the way your outlines and fill colors run together so well.

...and then I realized it looks like MLP.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
It almost looks like Quagsire's mad at Wooper for going to sleep on its tail... ^_^'

But I do like your drawing of Quagsire. inb4 Arnold randomly posts "Hey, did someone call me?" lol

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #15
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I guess every time I saw this previously it was on my cell phone. 'Cause I had no idea what GS was talking about but I just scrolled up and was surprised 1) by how large the picture now was despite there being no evidence of you having edited your post and 2) how he's right that Quagsire has >( eyes and a =\ mouth. When I saw it before I thought he had perfectly round eyes and a perfectly straight mouth. But now I definitely cannot unsee what GS observed.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

So guys... It's been a long time since I've been in here. Seriously, I haven't been in since the last post and I haven't been drawing much either (there was that one drawing *shudders*). But a couple of days ago, I got bored and my body poured out what I considered to be pure awesomeness. The only problem with it is that I don't want to spoil it as I add things, which makes things really hard. So it's taking a fair while to get anywhere with it.
However, because I think it looks good and I know it's going to take me a good while before I'm happy with any sort of shading. But I'm practically done with the outlines. So I thought I'd post that in here to see what you all think of it. I should add that the rock is the newest thing and I'm not sure if I want to flip the line density on its head before I continue. But, before I get the urge to go into a long tangent about the things I'm not quite sure of, here's the picture.

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
Charminions
Your reality is mine

D'aww
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

That is just so adorable I don't what.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

They're all so adorable

Draw Cubchoo man
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

The lineart is really cute. <3 Looking forward to the finished colored version!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #21
Yougirasu
In Uguu we trust

What's this? A Yougi bumping up his own thread with something new that's unlike anything I've put in here before? Inconceivable!

But true.

I keep mentioning my little project in the ASB TO, because it's something I've been working on and I need to do that to keep me reminded to work on it (lol). And, I'm nowhere near being done with the first section that I've started, but I thought I'd share it with people to get thoughts, opinions and general feedback. Of course, this is mostly because I'm a little tired of staring at my screen and seeing only black and white.

But here's a nice little download link (for however long Mediafire keeps it around)...
I would include the backstory and more information, but I'm tired right now and I just want to get sharing

The Team of Yougi.
24 - 22
21 - 1
4 - 2
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
ShuckTsubo
Boulder Badge

Nice Larvitar! It's really cute.

I'm a D grade ref. Please feel free to contest my reffings if you think I did something wrong.
ShuckTsubo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction